PDA

View Full Version : what's your rate for Freedom Cry?

deadlyh1t
03-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone!
I haven't bought Freedom cry yet and i want you to tell me, is it worth it? I have seen some reviews but i don't trust them since they rate Ac 8,5 for the last 4 years!

RinoTheBouncer
03-30-2014, 02:19 PM
For a DLC, I give it 100/10. But for a full, standalone game, it’s good, but very short.

Kirokill
03-30-2014, 02:23 PM
I didn't like the story too much, understandable for a DLC, but Adewale was too fast in his personality(trying to avoid spoilers)
I give it a 6
I didn't play TOKW and from watching I feel it way better than this one, I know it had 3 parts but even the story felt better in the first part alone. And Washington as the final boss, reminds me with old games that have bosses with over natural abilities, woo!

I-Like-Pie45
03-30-2014, 03:31 PM
0/10

Reverse Racism Propaganda :mad:

D.I.D.
03-30-2014, 03:58 PM
I liked it a lot. It's a more funneled form of ACIV. You do get some periods of freedom within a certain zone, but it's a lot more of a structured path, and your missions are generated from interactions with only a couple of main NPCs. There are some big improvements too; for example, the plantation side missions are a lot more tense this time because being spotted leads to slaves being killed, so you'll be even more careful about your stealth.

The friendly characters are nicely designed but, as with all ACs since AC:R, you might find yourself a bit detached from the enemies you're supposed to despise.

As others have said, it definitely feels more impressive when viewed as expansion DLC than it would as a standalone game.

AherasSTRG
03-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Best Money-for-Value DLC I have ever bought (after BL2 DLCs ofc).

Assassin_M
03-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Better than the Da Vinci disappearance, not as good as Tyranny.

8/10 for random events...

Bojanglesz
03-30-2014, 06:17 PM
7/10

It was decent, I preferred TOKW. I found it hard to find Adewale's companions likeable and the missions were a tad dull, by the 6th one, I just wanted to get it over and done with, the side-missions were nice. If you loved Black Flag and want more pirate action then it's a definite purchase, but if you didn't like the theme then I wouldn't bother.

deadlyh1t
03-30-2014, 09:14 PM
Better than the Da Vinci disappearance, not as good as Tyranny.

8/10 for random events...

better than Da Vinci disappearance ? well that dlc was my favorite!

Assassin_M
03-30-2014, 09:18 PM
better than Da Vinci disappearance ? well that dlc was my favorite!
Oh well then you better not take my opinion for it because for me it's

1- ToKW
2- Freedom Cry
3- Da Vinici
4- Bonfire of the Vanities
5- Battle of Forli

since our opinions are pretty far apart, I don't think you should listen to me.

deadlyh1t
03-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Oh well then you better not take my opinion for it because for me it's

1- ToKW
2- Freedom Cry
3- Da Vinici
4- Bonfire of the Vanities
5- Battle of Forli

since our opinions are pretty far apart, I don't think you should listen to me.

for me goes
1-Da vinci
2-Bonfires of the vanities
3-battle of forli
4-Lost archive

thats the dlc i own

SixKeys
03-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Freedom Cry is definitely a worthy DLC. It's kind of like a mini-version of AC4 as far as activities go (small map, some plantations, naval battles, one diving mission), but the tone/atmosphere is very different. I was disappointed with ToKW, but liked Freedom Cry a lot.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
03-30-2014, 09:48 PM
9/10 because it was too short but i really enjoyed it as a dlc, u should give it a try.