PDA

View Full Version : interesting developments in Initaites....

Radman500
03-29-2014, 07:36 PM
there has been interesting developments in Initiates...for instance Gavin found Galina, a russian female assassin, whose mother says she was speaking to Eve...and was talking to her

there was also a picture of Juno in a computer screen

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140321121942/assassinscreed/images/a/a4/Juno_within_the_Grey.jpg

some people speculate that Juno was able to get inside Galina as a vessel...but that is up for debate...

this is most likely going to be important in Comet and Unity......most likely Unity

jayjay275
03-29-2014, 07:59 PM
I never really believe that initiates has anything to do with the main story, but more of side-content, which is why I don't think the supposed "comet" will be in Russia, that is if there is going to be a second AC game this year.

Dome500
03-29-2014, 08:04 PM
I hope initiates is really just some kind of side-story thing because honestly, the time they put into making up stories for initiates could be used better by making a more interesting moder-day portion of the main games. I hate it that you do not get the whole experience based on what games you own or if you have them on one account, and that it's so scattered and you have to rely on initiates to get the whole modern-day stuff.

SixKeys
03-29-2014, 08:11 PM
I honestly couldn't care less about the Juno plot. The modern day story has become way too silly even by AC's standards.

oliacr
03-29-2014, 08:18 PM
I honestly couldn't care less about the Juno plot. The modern day story has become way too silly even by AC's standards.

This.

Sushiglutton
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
This is getting dumber and dumber. The vast majority of the modern story seems to happen on Initiates. We who don't follow that site then gets a ~twenty minute sneakpeak once per year of what is going on. No wonder it's confusing....

RatonhnhakeFan
03-29-2014, 08:29 PM
This is getting dumber and dumber. The vast majority of the modern story seems to happen on Initiates. We who don't follow that site then gets a ~twenty minute sneakpeak once per year of what is going on. No wonder it's confusing....

If anything Initiates helps salvage the modern story to at least some degree. It's not the reason for the MD mess, annual cycle is. AT this moment there are probably 4 different teams making new AC games along with modern stories (Comet, Unity, AC2015, AC2016 and maybe even more). I can just imagine what a mess trying to co-ordinate the storytelling is across so many different studios and projects and obviously it will mean some issues/errors will slip. Initiates seem to focus on clearing up a lot of stuff so I think its good.

Sushiglutton
03-29-2014, 08:36 PM
If anything Initiates helps salvage the modern story to at least some degree. It's not the reason for the MD mess, annual cycle is. AT this moment there are probably 4 different teams making new AC games along with modern stories (Comet, Unity, AC2015, AC2016 and maybe even more). I can just imagine what a mess trying to co-ordinate the storytelling is across so many different studios and projects and obviously it will mean some issues/errors will slip. Initiates seem to focus on clearing up a lot of stuff so I think its good.

If you need to check Initiates to be able keep track I think it would be better if they moved the entire modern day story there. Then you would really "play" as yourself while digging through the info.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-29-2014, 08:38 PM
If you need to check Initiates to be able keep track I think it would be better if they moved the entire modern day story there. Then you would really "play" as yourself while digging through the info.Or stop pushing new game (or TWO!) out each year :/

Dome500
03-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Or stop pushing new game (or TWO!) out each year :/

Absolutely agreed. Every 2 years would be enough IMO, would give them more time to coordinate.
Maybe they could also start to develop a cycle like CoD had.

Make one game as 3rd person MD protagonist following a story arc.
Make one game as Abstergo employee X (you) finding out more info around that story arc of previous game and maybe find 1 or 2 things about the next story arc.
Continue 3rd person MD protagonist story arc.
Make another game as Abstergo employee X (you).

It would be a compromise.
While having the historical part ALWAYS, you would only have the MD part every 2 games. Gives them more time for MD, keeps the annual cycle and keeps the historical part for every year. If they could pull it off in a way that the MD story arc (if you play as 3rd person protagonist) is REALLY pushed and made really progressive, and that every 2 - 3 times (so every 4 - 6 years) the protagonist is actively changed (meaning every 3rd person MD protagonist would have 2 - 3 games and then a new one would be introduced, but Abstergo employee X (you) stays the same and is just a filler with fan service and additional information) then I think this could be great. Especially since the fact that you only have a real active MD portion every 2 games would make the MD-haters pretty happy.

RinoTheBouncer
03-30-2014, 11:07 AM
I hope initiates is really just some kind of side-story thing because honestly, the time they put into making up stories for initiates could be used better by making a more interesting moder-day portion of the main games. I hate it that you do not get the whole experience based on what games you own or if you have them on one account, and that it's so scattered and you have to rely on initiates to get the whole modern-day stuff.

I totally agree with you regarding the time and effort invested in Initiates story should, instead, be invested in the main games.