PDA

View Full Version : PS3- unable to connect

Ikorax
03-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Is the server down? Is anyone able to connect. Been timing out all morning.

PSN Network Status ok
Ping tests ok
Able to connect to other games and play fine.

Ikorax
03-29-2014, 06:30 PM
So I finally get in. The game has mad delays. Go do an online match. I'm a 50 and he's rank10? Of course he dashboards and I don't blame him. Now,can't get back in. PLEASE REBOOT THE SERVER. The database is corrupt.

guest-EsoA64iu
03-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Is the server down? Is anyone able to connect. Been timing out all morning.

PSN Network Status ok
Ping tests ok
Able to connect to other games and play fine.

im on Xbox 360 and it is not working for me either

Ikorax
03-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Happens every weekend it seems. I don't get how a company can have live servers and not have anyone monitoring this stuff on the weekend. Even if there's a few techs there working to resolve the issue. Someone should still be there to tell the customers that they are aware and give a ETA for repair or update. This is the only game I've ever seen not do that

guest-EsoA64iu
03-29-2014, 07:44 PM
I have noticed that the game always goes down at the weekend too and I agree that they should have a server status slot on the forums so that we can find out whats happening instead of keeping us in the dark and getting us evermore frustrated with the game it just shows players that they don't care about them. I had intended to buy some gold coins today but as they cant be bothered to get the game working or let us know whats happening they have lost out on the money they would have made from that.

Ikorax
03-30-2014, 12:39 AM
No the problem is either poor server scripting/configuration, stuck bits in the database or faulty code in the database or a combination. An ISP issue. Or cheap hardware and can't handle the network load.

A person jumping from district to district cannot cause this. Its not possible. The person who keeps finding you is most likely using quick match.it queues all your ludis in all districts. He's not looking for you. He's looking for anything to fight. Like it is intended to do.

Nevertheless the servers and routers should be rebooted often if not daily qnd the server needs a hard reboot not a hotswap right now

guest-EsoA64iu
03-30-2014, 01:42 AM
No the problem is either poor server scripting/configuration, stuck bits in the database or faulty code in the database or a combination. An ISP issue. Or cheap hardware and can't handle the network load.

A person jumping from district to district cannot cause this. Its not possible. The person who keeps finding you is most likely using quick match.it queues all your ludis in all districts. He's not looking for you. He's looking for anything to fight. Like it is intended to do.

Nevertheless the servers and routers should be rebooted often if not daily qnd the server needs a hard reboot not a hotswap right now

I just tried to get on again and its still not working all I get is updating information then a message saying service is not available it has been like this all day whats the point of having special weekends if you cant get on the game to play this is getting ridiculas now, I was just starting to get some decent equipment and have some success with my characters and actualy starting to win a few matches after weeks of being pounded by other players and now I cant even get on the game its time they pulled their fingers out and did something about it. they don't tell us anything and when we ask questions we just get ignored not even a "we are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it" or "sorry for the inconvenience" we just get blanked what happened to a little thing called customer service is it too much to ask that they could give us some idea of when it minght be back on? It seems to me that the only time they ever answer the questions we write on the forums is when someone swears at them and then all they do is rebuke the person who wrote it, they don't actualy answer the question or sort out the problem ubisoft is a big company its supposed to be a good company quite frankly I expected more of them. I also play Defiance. Trion who make it, have a bad rep among the people who use their forums but at least they let you know whats happening when things go wrong

Ikorax
03-30-2014, 02:01 AM
Ive been saying that for weeks but don't say it on Facebook because I was banned for being just as civil as you for it

freewaythunder
03-30-2014, 02:04 AM
Y his does happen quite often and my guess is they are doing some sort of update before next tournament. Probably running new scripts and updating game for new gear. Problem is the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. I hoped a new community manager would resolve the communication gaps. New manager if your listening which I'm sure your not because you are probably partying about now it is the weekend of course. Just let the community know what is going on so we don't waste time waiting. Give us an idea of when it will be up. Additionaly. Some spent time on the community boss. That should be reset and silver given back to those who attempted. That's asking alot however. The right thing never occurs in this game. I'm sure Monday they will put a message out how they informed us through face book or twitter. Nope. Checked there too.

guest-EsoA64iu
03-30-2014, 09:26 AM
I just tried to play again and I managed to get on I played 1 match against the community boss and then when it was finished the screen froze and now I cant get back on there is something seriously wrong with the game and they don't seem to be doing anything about it 2 days I have been trying to play now and that's as far as I have got

guest-EsoA64iu
03-30-2014, 04:48 PM
it is 430pm now I have been trying to get a game all day since my last post at around 9am this morning and still have not managed it I am getting fed up with this game now and after having spent good money buying gold coins so that I can get some equipment and weapons to use in a game that wont let me play I think it is time that I got a full refund for all the wasted money that I have spent on this so called free to play game I used to think ubisoft was a good company but I will think twice if not three or four times before I get any more of their games either free or otherwise even these forums wont work properly for me I made an account with my Krazey Ivan gamer tag and it still signs me in as guest-EsoA64iu and here is a little free advice for you people at ubisoft, ignoring and alienating the people who play your games and ultimately pay your wages is not a good way to keep your customers or gain new ones and if you carry on like this you may find yourselves out of business.

KrumD64
03-30-2014, 04:51 PM
my top ranks and wins losses gets cleared at any arena I get to the top ten of...only global rank will never clear. 70% of the people I am connected to challenge will lose the connection on purpose before the match, during the match, or right as I win the match. On top of that, most of the time that happens, I can't get back into the game for awhile. I know you all are aware of these things but the community boss fight is not important compared to the people being able to quit out and to my record and rank being cleared from the different arenas. My global rank is the only reason why I still play this game. If they were to clear that, what the "blank" would be the point of playing the game at all. If you are not competing for a rank of number 1, then you shouldn't be competing at all.

these are my 2 cents.

KrumD64

guest-EsoA64iu
03-30-2014, 11:51 PM
my top ranks and wins losses gets cleared at any arena I get to the top ten of...only global rank will never clear. 70% of the people I am connected to challenge will lose the connection on purpose before the match, during the match, or right as I win the match. On top of that, most of the time that happens, I can't get back into the game for awhile. I know you all are aware of these things but the community boss fight is not important compared to the people being able to quit out and to my record and rank being cleared from the different arenas. My global rank is the only reason why I still play this game. If they were to clear that, what the "blank" would be the point of playing the game at all. If you are not competing for a rank of number 1, then you shouldn't be competing at all.

these are my 2 cents.

KrumD64

im sorry dude but I don't understand what point you are trying to make, we are complaining because we cant get into the game and have not been able to since Friday night and because the people that run this game don't seem to care and as far as I can see have done nothing to fix it. as for quitting matches that is not something that I personally do which can be seen from my fight record seeing as I have fought just over a hundred pvp matches and only won about 20 of them mostly due to the fact that my level 20 character was always pitted against level 50 characters which I thought was a bit unfair but that is the game and I am not concerned about that, anyway I am at level 42 now and have started to win a few. what I am concerned about as I have already stated is the fact that I have not been able to connect to the game for almost 3 days now and no-one at ubisoft has done anything about it or even seems to give a toss and that is what is pissing me off. I am sorry about using a couple of minor expletives in this post but that seems to be the only way to get a response from the people who run the game because they don't seem to respond to anything else. I could have used a lot more colourful language if I had wanted to but I am not that sort of guy, as for quitting the game early, actually getting a chance to play the game would be good.

loungefly5
03-31-2014, 01:30 AM

these are my 2 cents.

KrumD64

Yea thats not new. Global is the only lb that doesnt seem to get reset. as far as competing for #1 if thats your goal you shouldnt bother. i can prolly count on 1 hand the number of players in the top 100 who arent there by cheating.

Ikorax
04-01-2014, 01:49 AM
3 days later.... hello? Echo echo echo....

N4cer-420
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I just downloaded and updated, thru PSN, Spartacus Legends. Everytime I start the game and try to play it gets to the Updating Game Data screen, scrolls through a few tips at the bottom of the screen and then stops. Is it freezing or working in background? The music and rain from the main menu can be heard, but I see no signs of progression at all. Anyone else have this issue or a solution to it?