PDA

View Full Version : Stop plz

TraceSkipper
03-29-2014, 12:50 PM
I always enjoy single player and the last game was no exception. I just cant stand fking mp. Stop forcing people to play mp for trophies. Just stop. If it was any good ... because its not you wouldnt need trophies to get people to play it. Until you correct this I sorry but i going to have avoid your games in the future. This isnt up for discussion. This is FYI.

Avantiic
03-29-2014, 01:07 PM
ACMP is other than the normal mps, but if u play it a bit of time im sure u will like it, I buy ac only for the MP :)

Calvarok
03-29-2014, 01:18 PM
I mean, I also dislike mutliplayer achievements, but for me it's easy enough to just ignore them and do the single-player ones. I'd much prefer for it to be all single-player achievements again, but I just don't care enough about them that it would force me to not get Unity or Comet.

From what I hear, the multiplayer will be gone in ACU and replaced with 4-player co-op. so hopefully that will mean no more multi achievements.

Farlander1991
03-29-2014, 01:51 PM
By your logic single player has trophies to force people play it otherwise nobody would. After all, people wouldn't need trophies to play it if it was any good ;)

Calvarok
03-29-2014, 02:08 PM
By your logic single player has trophies to force people play it otherwise nobody would. After all, people wouldn't need trophies to play it if it was any good ;)
I feel like it's somewhat valid because the multi already has its own way of rewarding progression and completing specific challenges. and the game is mostly single-player focused. mutliplayer achievements are kinda pointless unless the game is really about multiplayer and there's not much to do besides just play matches. what's the point in getting an achievement for leveling up when leveling up is the reward already?

Farlander1991
03-29-2014, 02:17 PM
I feel like it's somewhat valid because the multi already has its own way of rewarding progression and completing specific challenges. and the game is mostly single-player focused. mutliplayer achievements are kinda pointless unless the game is really about multiplayer and there's not much to do besides just play matches. what's the point in getting an achievement for leveling up when leveling up is the reward already?

You can apply those questions to SP too though. Fully upgraded the Jackdaw - can kick the **** out of everything, why achievement? Finished a chapter of the story - you find out what happens next, why achievement? You get cool swords for completing all Assassination contracts. You get a bunch of money for completing secondary missions. Etc. etc.

Though, on a more serious note (since I was somewhat sarcastic in this thread), I don't agree with the nature of how a lot of achievements are designed in games nowadays (AC no exception). I think achievements should be reward for more emergent gameplay, or some meta-things (for example, the Pacifist achievement in Deus Ex: Human Revolution which is given for not killing anyone but the bosses), i.e.things and playstyles and whatnot that can happen in game but there's no mechanical reason to reward for them. Or something really challenging (hence the name 'achievement'). Not just progression or grinding or collection, though.

TraceSkipper
03-29-2014, 07:53 PM

Anyone buying this game for mp isnt doing for the trophies. I seen this time and time again. Good mp players dont care about trophies, they never did. I used to check out top players in my matches and see their trophy lists. They usually never go for plats. But playing single player/trophies are almost the same thing. After i'm done i try mp ... no its not for me. Oh wait now they forcing me to play to lvl 50 and use every weapon in the game once. Now its work not fun. How about to lvl 10 and play every map once. Something bite size and easy to go down.

D.I.D.
03-29-2014, 08:00 PM
I've never played any of the MP modes for any more than 45 minutes, and I only did that out of curiosity to see if I liked the MP yet. I don't like it, so I don't play it.

If you had to gain these points in order to unlock the last part of the SP, then I could understand your complaint, but nobody's forcing you to do anything.

MnemonicSyntax
03-29-2014, 08:22 PM
I always enjoy single player and the last game was no exception. I just cant stand fking mp. Stop forcing people to play mp for trophies. Just stop. If it was any good ... because its not you wouldnt need trophies to get people to play it. Until you correct this I sorry but i going to have avoid your games in the future. This isnt up for discussion. This is FYI.

LOL,of course it's not going to be up for discussion Ubi won't respond back to this.

Anyone buying this game for mp isnt doing for the trophies. I seen this time and time again. Good mp players dont care about trophies, they never did. I used to check out top players in my matches and see their trophy lists. They usually never go for plats. But playing single player/trophies are almost the same thing. After i'm done i try mp ... no its not for me. Oh wait now they forcing me to play to lvl 50 and use every weapon in the game once. Now its work not fun. How about to lvl 10 and play every map once. Something bite size and easy to go down.

But you just said that people wouldn't play it if it wasn't for the trophies that MP players don't care about. So which is it?

If you're doing something you don't like to do for some points and to make your "gamer cred" bigger, and you think it's work, then... uh.. don't do it.

I wonder if the education system worldwide would marginally do better if every kid had to earn these digital trophies and achievements that amounted to... nothing. At least they would learn something instead of doing something they hated *just* for a meaningless trophy count.

Mr.GoodKall
03-29-2014, 09:58 PM
I agree.. I hate the multiplayer phase of the game. And I really hope they stick to SP as the main part of the game and not switch over to MP like most of the games now days. Assassins Creed is like the only game left that has an amazing campaign and if they start putting more work to MP I might not play this game much longer and its my fav title by far

Black_Widow9
03-29-2014, 11:52 PM
There are multiple teams that work on AC games and no part "suffers" because of the other.

No one is forcing you to play MP and its on a separate disc usually.....

Most games out there have MP Achievements or Trophies and if you don't or can't play MP you just don't get them. If someone wanted to check out your "gamer cred" all they would have to do is look and see you don't play MP.

Soulid_Snake
03-30-2014, 12:03 AM
AC MP is good, just don't think it needs it, its all about the SP!

unbelievable79
03-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Since ACR, i buy the game, only because of the mp. Because i don t like the storys anymore, in my opinion, ac3 or ac4 are nearly the same. I guess, if comet , or however the next games name is, won t have a normal mp anymore and with normal i mean, not only wolfpack/coop thing... then i guess, i won t buy the game. Because what i heard till now about comet, then i won t like it, it will be like ac3 again. Sadly that we can t just buy the mp on the playstation store, for example, without the singleplayer... But im still hoping, that comet and unity and the mp will be great

And no, many mp players, good one or bad one, trying to get platinium, so they play the story too, for the fun and for the trophies.

But yes, i agree, that mp trophies shouldn t count for the platinium. They should be like dlc trophies.

Layytez
03-30-2014, 05:22 AM
I don't like how they hide important story info through levelling up in MP.

AlexEzio89
03-30-2014, 06:22 AM
I play mp since ac brotherhood and now ac 4 .....i love the mp....so Ubisoft if you dont have mp in Unity i dont buy it.....is the best mp ever create ....i love sp but also i love the mp....and if i dont have mp in ac unity is the first ac i dont buy it....so Ubi take care is huge comunity love the mp

zkorejo
03-30-2014, 08:11 AM
I agree.. I hate the multiplayer phase of the game. And I really hope they stick to SP as the main part of the game and not switch over to MP like most of the games now days. Assassins Creed is like the only game left that has an amazing campaign and if they start putting more work to MP I might not play this game much longer and its my fav title by far

Agreed. I tried SO HARD to like the MP.. but it just... sucks.

RinoTheBouncer
03-30-2014, 10:52 AM
I agree. Though I did make it all the way to prestige in ACIV MP on PS4 just for the sake of ACINITIATES.com XP, I still think the Abstergo level should be a substitute for Trophies. There’s no need to force a single-player fan to play MP, even when they’re just not into it/not good at it.

mikeyf1999
03-30-2014, 12:52 PM
I don't like how they hide important story info through levelling up in MP.

That's pretty much stopped with acr