PDA

View Full Version : John from IT

Calvarok
03-29-2014, 12:09 PM
so something I've been thinking about recently is what possible motives our good friend John could have had for injecting us with that syringe at the end of Black Flag. I assumed that he was planning to steal our body while drugged and take us to Juno, but it occurs to me that he could have completed his objective already... I wonder if we'll hear about something strange happening to an unnamed abstergo worker in the future, something related to what was injected. He had the mind of an exceptional member of the most advanced civilization of all time, and was working with Juno. who knows what sort of undetectable malevolent things they could brew up from common or exotic ingredients...

I think it's been said we probably won't play as that abstergo employee again. I wonder if this has something to do with that, beyond just wanting to keep the modern day fresh? What are your thoughts, or do you think that John was foiled in his plot due to his desperation?

Kirokill
03-29-2014, 12:17 PM
I watched a 007 movie years ago, he injected water in the man and he thought it was the deadly plague.
So when Melanie said nothing lethal I thought it was water.

But I think it is something so we can experience the bleeding effect. That would be amazing.

Calvarok
03-29-2014, 12:43 PM
I watched a 007 movie years ago, he injected water in the man and he thought it was the deadly plague.
So when Melanie said nothing lethal I thought it was water.

But I think it is something so we can experience the bleeding effect. That would be amazing.
well I don't think we're going to be playing as that same person in Unity. (in fact by the looks of the HUD in the leaked screens we'll be in a new version of the Assassin animus.)

I'm just wondering if something has been done to the person we played in Black Flag that will have future implications

Dome500
03-29-2014, 04:06 PM
well I don't think we're going to be playing as that same person in Unity. (in fact by the looks of the HUD in the leaked screens we'll be in a new version of the Assassin animus.)

I'm just wondering if something has been done to the person we played in Black Flag that will have future implications

Maybe he injected him with some kind of tacker, or he injected him with a chemical substance that is supposed to modify his DNA :D

lothario-da-be
03-29-2014, 04:14 PM
plothooooole!!!

Aphex_Tim
03-29-2014, 07:01 PM
plothooooole!!!

I don't really think so. It happened quite near the end (after which we just dove back into the Animus...), so maybe we'll hear what it was in a next game.

Come to think of it, why did we just jump back into the Animus after all that? What the hell were we thinking?
"Oh, this guy who helped me hack into the entire Abstergo database just went crazy and injected me with who knows what, after which he pulled a gun and was then shot to death right before my eyes. I think I'm just going back to work now....."

Calvarok
03-29-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't really think so. It happened quite near the end (after which we just dove back into the Animus...), so maybe we'll hear what it was in a next game.

Come to think of it, why did we just jump back into the Animus after all that? What the hell were we thinking?
"Oh, this guy who helped me hack into the entire Abstergo database just went crazy and injected me with who knows what, after which he pulled a gun and was then shot to death right before my eyes. I think I'm just going back to work now....."

We were on sick leave for a while, I believe. we didn't just wake up immediately in melanie's office, where she told us that we hadn't been seriously hurt and it would be safe to use the animus

And if YOU felt your character wouldn't have gone back to the animus after that, then it was your choice to not simply pause the game or turn off your system for a day or so, then go back to it and finish Edward's story.

The character I was roleplaying assumed that Melanie was correct, and that John hadn't done anything besides knock him out.

Also, no, this is not a plot hole. It makes perfect sense why John would have wanted to knock us out and take us somewhere else, since Juno was going to need a body soon, and it makes total sense why he messed up: he'd been getting more desperate and unhinged since we communicated with Juno. But I'm just wondering if maybe he had a back-up plan in case he got caught... that's not a plothole, that's a possible twist.

jayjay275
03-29-2014, 08:12 PM
"Not fixing, CALIBRATING!", Yeah, John sounded like James Woods to me. Anyway, I'd like to see what happens to Shaun and Rebecca, as it seemed as they were undercover and planning to break you out, like Lucy did with Desmond.

Calvarok
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
"Not fixing, CALIBRATING!", Yeah, John sounded like James Woods to me. Anyway, I'd like to see what happens to Shaun and Rebecca, as it seemed as they were undercover and planning to break you out, like Lucy did with Desmond.
I'm not so sure. it seemed more like they were using you, and wanted to keep you on the inside in case they had further need of you.