PDA

View Full Version : The Comet is going to be important...both for AC: Comet and AC: Unity

Radman500
03-29-2014, 04:50 AM
speculation so far is that hailey's comet will be shown in AC: Comet...and speculation is that its a First Civilization POE that fell from the sky

so this has to be one of the most powerful FC POE.....speculations that this POE could be a device to traverse through space and time

JustPlainQuirky
03-29-2014, 04:54 AM
speculation so far is that hailey's comet will be shown in AC: Comet...and speculation is that its a First Civilization POE that fell from the sky

so this has to be one of the most powerful FC POE.....speculations that this POE could be a device to traverse through space and time

OMIGOD!!!! That's actually really cool!

I'm trying to imagine myself (as a templar), Haytham, and Ade teleporting to 1986 when Haley's comet was last seen. :rolleyes:

And maybe the world was not how they wanted it to be so they went back and fixed it.

poptartz20
03-29-2014, 04:57 AM
for some reason I imagine something like bishock infinite with rips in time. lol!

That is actually really cool! where did this info come from?

RatonhnhakeFan
03-29-2014, 04:57 AM
speculations that this POE could be a device to traverse through space and time
They need to stay away from this lol. Any franchise that touches time manipulation sooner or later crashes into Mount Everest plotholes and no, they won't hire biggest NASA heads to consult

Radman500
03-29-2014, 05:31 AM
They need to stay away from this lol. Any franchise that touches time manipulation sooner or later crashes into Mount Everest plotholes and no, they won't hire biggest NASA heads to consult
they kind of already did with time manipulation though with minerva able to talk to desmond in the future through ezio and plus i remember there was a POE that could do time manipulation but the Templars were afraid of paradoxes so they locked it away

po

JustPlainQuirky
03-29-2014, 05:35 AM
they kind of already did with time manipulation though with minerva able to talk to desmond in the future through ezio and plus i remember there was a POE that could do time manipulation but the Templars were afraid of paradoxes so they locked it away

po

more reason for them to pursue the comet. Time manipulation can cause messy paradoxes which is the opposite of order. :rolleyes:

time/space PoE in Hailey's comet confirmed :cool:

alekiratu
03-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Wait, this is based on an unconfirmed leak. We are getting way too ahead of ourselves. We don't even know if the name comet is supposed to be taken literally. For all we now it might have nothing to do with Hailey's comet. It might not even be about a literal comet!

This traversing through time and space sounds silly and AC, while having elements of SCi-Fi is mostly historical. This kind of plot will be too much.

Radman500
03-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Wait, this is based on an unconfirmed leak. We are getting way too ahead of ourselves. We don't even know if the name comet is supposed to be taken literally. For all we now it might have nothing to do with Hailey's comet. all this about. It might not even be about a literal comet!

This traversing through time and space sounds silly and AC, while having elements of SCi-Fi is mostly historical. This kind of plot will be too much.
you do realize that the First Civilization has advanced technology called Peices of Eden.... what makes time traversal any different then mind control or ressurection that other POE have

RatonhnhakeFan
03-29-2014, 07:04 AM

po
Manipulation "into future" is much simpler. But jump back and forth between past/present/future ugh please no. And afraid of paradoxes is exactly the gander here lol, logical paradoxes that can mess up already strained story

alekiratu
03-29-2014, 08:36 AM
you do realize that the First Civilization has advanced technology called Peices of Eden.... what makes time traversal any different then mind control or ressurection that other POE have

Time travel really is different. Firstly, it would definitely create some plot-holes. It's pretty complex to pull off correctly. Secondly, we would be asking questions like "why couldn't they just use time travel to avert this disastrous event?" in reference to actual historical events we can't change.

Also , in the thread where this theory popped up, people were talking about going to First Civ Cities. While I would like to see them, this would honestly destroy the mystery around them.

Saying a leader gained power by using an Apple of Eden can be "covered up" by history but the ability to manipulate time and space would be too much power. The user would be like a God.

LoyalACFan
03-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Please God, no time travel. I'm already a bit exasperated with the sci-fi part of AC, and that would just be the final straw.

Kirokill
03-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Please God, no time travel. I'm already a bit exasperated with the sci-fi part of AC, and that would just be the final straw.

Time travel is very complex thing and most shows that adds it doesn't do it in a big manner.
They make a person travels, helps himself in the past and then go back to his future and stop
What should happen.
travel, help your young self. Go back to your time.
The young guy when he grows up gets the same problem, and repeats the process above. So it's all a circle.

I'm tired from this apple and Juno stuff, but time travel is unoriginal and the biggest BS.

GunnerGalactico
03-29-2014, 02:32 PM

I agree, time travel is too way off and clichéd... even for AC. The Animus basically does a similar thing, you can visit whatever time period you want provided that your ancestors lived in that era.

jayjay275
03-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Please no. A PoE that allows time travel? Hell no.

SchlechterWolf
03-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Well first of all, it was established in Assassin's Creed I that the First Civilisation did create artifacts that were capable of time manipulation, although they don't seem to have been very successful/efficient. Here's the e-mail from Rikkin:

Philadelphia Project - Data provided from Animus Subject Twelve indicates that the ship briefly manifested in a future state for approximately 18 minutes. It is unclear whether the timeline is consistent with or parallel to our own. Although we have recovered enough data to reconstruct and repair the original artifact used in the experiment, Administration has refused to move forward on the project, citing paradox concerns. Corporate policy remains in place: any objects found to interfere with or manipulate time must be contained. Artifact will be moved to secure storage.

However I would like to stress that this has absolutely no relation to this bizarre speculation:

I don't even know what you're saying anymore. Where do you get these wild theories from? Halley's Comet is an actual comet and it has never 'fallen from the sky', it is in space right now.

zkorejo
03-30-2014, 08:32 AM
I wouldnt mind something like sands of time from POP in AC gameplay. It would be a cool gadget.

cawatrooper9
04-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Perhaps the comet is related to one of the POEs that the First Civ sent up into orbit to prevent the first solar flare.
That being said (and this is purely some hopeful speculation) but they could do some really cool stuff with a theme on Halley's Comet. It wouldn't even necessarily have to be time travel related stuff- that's what the Animus is for, anyway. They could show snapshots of a few different assassins at different points throughout history during the appearance of Halley's Comet, then tie these Assassins together somehow like in ACR.
After all, Abstergo says that "History is Our Playground". Maybe it's time that they expanded a little.
Just some ideas on the Assassins (or Templars) they could use that would coincide with the comet's appearances:

1222: The Comet inspires Genghis Khan to turn his invasion to Europe. Play as Mongolian assassin Qulan Gal and work alongside Altair and Maria to try to thwart his efforts.

1456: Play as an Ottoman Assassin (or Templar Byzantine) during the sieges of Hungary. Perhaps this comet lays the groundwork for the animation of a certain Golem to arise in Prague later in the century... Alternatively, maybe this time period could see Giovanni or Mario Auditore working with the Italian Assassins, and perhaps the comet might be a herald of the prophecies in AC2.

1531: Play as Giovanni Borgia, tracking the comet in order to further research the mysteries of the Crystal Skull and other POEs.

1759: Play as Haytham Kenway in Istanbul or Egypt during his time tracking down Jennifer.

1835: Play as Canadian assassin Ludger Duvernay, and try to track the comet for the purpose of expanding the Canadian Assassins Order.

1910: Play as Nikolai Orelov, fight with the aid of Nikola Tesla to infiltrate a meeting on Jekyll Island, Georgia, and attempt to assassinate many high profile Templars, like Henry Ford.

1986: Play as William Miles and attempt to rescue Daniel Cross from Abstergo Industries.

2003: Astronomers use powerful telescope to observe Halley's Comet out of its normal rotation for the first time... and Desmond Miles runs away from the South Dakota Farm... Could be a good ending for the game, and a nice way to see some Desmond again.

These are just some ideas, and to be honest I had to do quite a bit of research on AC lore to come up with some of these. I tried not to include any contradictions, so forgive me if some of this doesn't fit with the lore.
One cool idea is to use the idea of a cult like Heaven's Gate that has worshiped the Comet throughout the centuries (perhaps even having roots in the First Civ). They could serve as enemies in the game, as many of these stories might see Templars and Assassins working together.

frodrigues55
04-24-2014, 01:46 AM

I don't see why they would even touch this subject. Every time someone decides to play with time travel - movies, tv shows, games, books - you create an infinite number of plot holes, it is like the only possible result is "sucky". It is some sort of common knowledge by now, so I don't know if I could handle if AC decided to do this.

There would be no way back and no Initiates, comic boooks or novels could ever fix it :p

I-Like-Pie45
04-24-2014, 02:15 AM
what about AC: Project Multiversity

there could be an introduction of an infinite amount of AC multiverses all separate from each other with their own little stories of AC

like Earth-1: The AC games we know and love + canon EU stuff
or Earth-2: The French Comics
or Earth-63: where everyone's gender is swapped