PDA

View Full Version : Mission Parameters. Stealth Changes

NoCrowdedSky
03-29-2014, 03:24 AM
Hello everyone,

Here are some changes i think should be made to the stealth system in Asscreed games. These changes would allow a consistent stealth experience without sacrificing anything in between. Lets begin.

Instead of the big red circle of the notorious zone this is problematic because one can just walk outside of the circle and the guards walking within it just see you as suspicious instead of instantly discovered.

Mission parameters would be a set of requirements in each mission for instance don't get caught by this guard. people in the castle will be hostile straight away ect. I like this approach because it means i cannot just avoid the objective till the last second i have to be constantly paying attention to what those parameters are.

Problems:
You would be switching out of this mode a lot, possibly making it to arcadey. It may work just for final assassinations like in AC1 though.

Dome500
03-29-2014, 05:12 AM
There is a fundamental flaw in your concept.

With your suggestion this would mean that there are no designated restricted zones.
You seem to forget that the whole idea of sneaking in AC actually comes from the fact that you are restricted in a certain area, which makes red circles necessary.
Otherwise the guards would - from a story POV - plainly shoot at every citizen walking within their range, which would be beyond ridiculous.

The other form of possible Stealth is of course being "wanted". Which then is exactly what you said, that the guards spot you, then detect you, then attack you, if you do not use social stealth or LoS stealth (including stalking zones).

Both cases are actually present in the AC games, and both have their purpose.

LoyalACFan
03-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Instead of the big red circle of the notorious zone this is problematic because one can just walk outside of the circle and the guards walking within it just see you as suspicious instead of instantly discovered.

The solution to this is to simply have the guards' "suspicious" state continue after you walk out of the zone. Exiting the arbitrary red circle should not protect you in any way if one of the guards within it clearly saw you walk out of it.

Dome500
03-29-2014, 03:24 PM
The solution to this is to simply have the guards' "suspicious" state continue after you walk out of the zone. Exiting the arbitrary red circle should not protect you in any way if one of the guards within it clearly saw you walk out of it.

But imagine this as a real life situation. You can't just shoot or attack a citizen because he went into a restricted area but realized "his mistake" and then went out. The suspicion meter should of course "stay active" for a short period and deplete over time (like in AC4 where the yellow circles slowly emptied themselves when they were suspicious but couldn't see you anymore). But aside from that it should stay as it is.