PDA

View Full Version : What if Shay...is a Kenway?

ajl992008
03-28-2014, 09:48 PM
so I have given it some thought and what if shay is actually a kenway? here's an idea I had, what if 1758 is the start date for AC comet but we actually start the game as Haytham? we play as him for maybe a sequence or 2 and then that can lead into the birth of shay in say 1760, connors birth date was 1756 so they would be of a similar age. we can see an actual father son relationship between shay and haytham as haytham passes down the templar philosophy to him and trains him. this can add a level of grey morality, they can make shay an extremely likable character despite being a templar which will further solidify ubi's wish to show both sides as equally right (as at the moment the general idea with people who play the game is really assassins are good and templars are bad at its most basic level in the eyes of the general gaming audience). This can overlap the events of ac3 from shay's perspective and conclude somewhere around 1790/1800, connor can be the main antagonist, it could turn into a story of revenge when haytham is killed by connor and a theme of clashing of philosophies on a more personal level as the two will be brothers. It will also make for a really badass boss fight between shay and connor. Also, with talks of adewale, maybe haytham assassinates adewale as he sees him as a threat to the templar hold in the american colonies in the first sequence? we can also see haytham destroy the brotherhood in the colonies and of course see a lot more of connor as he will be fundamental to the story if shay is a kenway and is his brother. I don't know I thought this would be a great idea and a great way to bring the kenway family saga to a close and tie up all of the loose ends, what do you guys think?

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Auuuugh too many Kenways.

Why can't I hold all these kenways?

I don't see it happening. Why would Haytham not mention having another son in his journal? And if he did mention it, why would Connor not try to find him upon reading about him?

Doesn't make sense.

silvermercy
03-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Maybe Haytham didn't know he had another son. Baby Kenways everywhere! lol

Why can't I hold all these kenways?

I shall hold ALL the Kenways!
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/116c3e1293189307dd0cf42bc313523e/http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/Simslover1370/all_the_things_meme.png

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Maybe Haytham didn't know he had another son. Baby Kenways everywhere! lol

You'd think he'd learn to keep it in his pants if that were the case.

Ubisoft better tone it down before Haytham turns into Genghis Khan.

silvermercy
03-28-2014, 10:26 PM
You'd think he'd learn to keep it in his pants if that were the case.

Ubisoft better tone it down before Haytham turns into Genghis Khan.
lolz He likes so many err... fruits....

MnemonicSyntax
03-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Has it said how old Shay is or when his date of birth was? Because he can still be a Kenway without being Haytham's son.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Has it said how old Shay is or when his date of birth was? Because he can still be a Kenway without being Haytham's son.

He could be the son of Edward's brother I suppose.

That would actually add an interesting dynamic.

Like a Iroh/Zuko relationship between Haytham/Shay

Though I will say I'd be quite tired of the kenways after all this. And I don't want to be until the connor sequel comes out.

silvermercy
03-28-2014, 10:32 PM
He could be the son of Edward's brother I suppose.

That would actually add an interesting dynamic.

Like a Iroh/Zuko relationship between Haytham/Shay

Though I will say I'd be quite tired of the kenways after all this. And I don't want to be until the connor sequel comes out.
Hmm... I like it...

but lol @ Edward and his sibling both producing Templars!

Calvarok
03-28-2014, 10:34 PM
then I'll roll my eyes and hope they don't lean too hard on it.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Hmm... I like it...

but lol @ Edward and his sibling both producing Templars!

Kenways must have a dominant Templar gene. :rolleyes:

Or there's a running pattern of assassin, templar, assassin, templar, assassin ;)

Either way, pretty hilarious.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 10:42 PM

Haytham was born in 1725. If Shay is "playable full form" character by 1758, it would put him at 16/17 and Haytham at 16/17 at the time Shay was "made". Not unrealistic at all, especially for the period, though I kinda don't see Ubisoft doing it. Then again, it's completly possible we don't play as Shay till few years after 1758

In any case, quick googling says Shay name is of Irish origins. That made me think if perhaps Dublin could be one of the cities in Comet, or Belfast, not London (too big/iconic)

ajl992008
03-28-2014, 10:43 PM
ok so maybe not a kenway but possibly a similar story? so we don't play as haytham but haytham could be shay's mentor, I really enjoyed that sequence in AC3 where connor and haytham team up for a bunch of missions, the dynamic between them was great, Maybe a similar thing in this game, also I think a boss battle between shay and connor would be really cool, two (hopefully) equally cool characters in a final battle, its what I imagined the end of AC3 to be with a fight between Desmond and Daniel Cross.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Haytham was born in 1725. If Shay is "playable full form" character by 1758, it would put him at 16/17 and Haytham at 16/17 at the time Shay was "made". Not unrealistic at all, especially for the period, though I kinda don't see Ubisoft doing it. Then again, it's completly possible we don't play as Shay till few years after 1758

Haytham couldn't have a kid before connor though. The animus follows haytham until he impregnantes ziio which means it's the first person he gets preggers, no?

ajl992008
03-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Haytham couldn't have a kid before connor though. The animus follows haytham until he impregnantes ziio which means it's the first person he gets preggers, no?

That would be for a different bloodline, for example with ezio, Clay could only follow him to a certain point where ezio basically had an child he didn't know about. desmond could see his memories further because his bloodline continued with flavia.

MnemonicSyntax
03-28-2014, 10:48 PM

In any case, quick googling says Shay name is of Irish origins. That made me think if perhaps Dublin could be one of the cities in Comet, not London (too big/iconic)

What? Ezio was a "playable full form character" when he was in 52 in Revelations. For all we know, he could be Haytham's mentor.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 10:49 PM

Urhm no. The Animus follows what is in Demond's DNA. And Desmond has all the memories of Haytham until the conceptin of the child that goes in direct line to him. Shay has no relevance for Desmond, Desmond has no memories of Shay because there's no connection. Unless of course, somewhere down the line, Shay's great-great-grand-daughter hooked-up with Raton's great-great-grand-son

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:51 PM
That would be for a different bloodline, for example with ezio, Clay could only follow him to a certain point where ezio basically had an child he didn't know about. desmond could see his memories further because his bloodline continued with flavia.

Ahhh you have a point.

Different bloodline.

Edit:

@ratonhnhakefan

You're right. I forgot it wasn't Desmond's DNA.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 10:51 PM
What? Ezio was a "playable full form character" when he was in 52 in Revelations. For all we know, he could be Haytham's mentor.
I was talking about hypothetical "Shay is Haytham's son and playable fro start" scenario

RagingDragon14
03-28-2014, 10:52 PM
So if Shay is going to be Connor's hypothetical brother and he is going to be a Templar, then that means that the final mission would probably result in either Connor killing Shay or Shay killing Connor.

And so, the grief/sorrow in Connor's life continues. Guy can't catch a break can he?

MnemonicSyntax
03-28-2014, 10:53 PM
I was talking about hypothetical "Shay is Haytham's son and playable fro start" scenario

Again "a Kenway" doesn't mean he has to be Haytham's son. He could be another relation besides a son. That's my point.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:53 PM
So if Shay is going to be Connor's hypothetical brother and he is going to be a Templar, then that means that the final mission would probably result in either Connor killing Shay or Shay killing Connor.

And so, the grief/sorrow in Connor's life continues. Guy can't catch a break can he?

Or the two settle their differences like mature human beings?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130810184007/mlp/images/4/4a/Dolls_Laughing.gif

RagingDragon14
03-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Nah, not enough drama for Ubisoft.

But I think a brother against brother type of storyline would be a cheap rehash of the father son relationship we see between Connor and Haytham.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Again "a Kenway" doesn't mean he has to be Haytham's son. He could be another relation besides a son. That's my point.
Obviously, or someone completly unrelated. Speculationz for now, it's fun :p

silvermercy
03-28-2014, 10:56 PM
So Connor kills his father, and then he kills his brother!? Or gets killed by him!? If Ubi pulls a stunt like that, they should be prepared for WW3! :mad:

RagingDragon14
03-28-2014, 10:58 PM
So Connor kills his father, and then he kills his brother!? Or gets killed by him!? If Ubi pulls a stunt like that, they should be prepared for WW3! :mad:

Never mind.

MnemonicSyntax
03-28-2014, 10:58 PM

Now that'd be a great setting to play in!

silvermercy
03-28-2014, 11:00 PM
A stunt like what? Shay being a Kenway and possibly Connor's brother. Or the death of Connor?
The death of either Connor or Shay. Or both.

I will ban all AC games from my house for eternity.

Now that'd be a great setting to play in!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bP6k59dMHBI/UnQmzKaljjI/AAAAAAAAZUA/3ZDsMcXw4d0/s400/grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 11:00 PM
If Ubi pulls a stunt like that, they should be prepared for WW3! :mad:
What if it's actually Shay who is Desmond's real ancestor and Raton memories were just stollen by Juno and then slapped into Desmond in the Temple so Raton is free to gay it up for the rest of his life?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma8nccGkrl1rfduvxo1_400.gif

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 11:01 PM
That's one problem I have about Assassin's Creed recently.

Every minor conflict boils down to a fight to the death.

Seriously.

Take a drink every time a conflict arises in AC3/ AC: Liberation/ AC:4 that could easily have been avoided had the conflictors had any sense of self control or reason.

You'll be dead by morning.

silvermercy
03-28-2014, 11:02 PM
What if it's actually Shay who is Desmond's real ancestor and Raton memories were just stollen by Juno and then slapped into Desmond in the Temple so Raton is free to gay it up for the rest of his life?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma8nccGkrl1rfduvxo1_400.gif
lol I don't mind that.

Seriously.

Take a drink every time a conflict arises in AC3/ AC: Liberation/ AC:4 that could easily have been avoided had the conflictors had any sense of self control.

THIS. Hear hear!

RagingDragon14
03-28-2014, 11:04 PM

Seriously.

Take a drink every time a conflict arises in AC3/ AC: Liberation/ AC:4 that could easily have been avoided had the conflictors had any sense of self control or reason.

But the natives would not listen to my offer to buy their land, and so I must shoot them! /s

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 11:05 PM
But the natives would not listen to my offer to buy their land, and so I must shoot them! /s

A complete stranger (charles) told me you are a traitor, Connor! Now I shall kill you without listening to your side of the story!

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 11:05 PM

Noble Templars protecting the people, Connor was so stupid to pursue them!!!111 I love Caterina boobs!!11

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 11:21 PM

I just realized something.... Connor didn't really take the last name of 'Kenway,' so when they said that the Kenway saga are over, they were talking about Edward and Haytham :D

"...Ubisoft erroneously gave RatonhnhakÚ:ton's adopted name as Connor Kenway. RatonhnhakÚ:ton was never shown to adopt his father's surname, which was later confirmed by Ubisoft's official Assassin's Creed Facebook page.

Facebook comment: 07 August at 20:40: "It would if he had taken his father's last name... he never did and so we list him simply as Connor." "

Connor sequel confirmed <3

I'll be sure to bring the artillery :p

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 11:29 PM
If he personally took any English last name it would've been Davenport obviously.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 11:30 PM
If he personally took any English last name it would've been Davenport obviously.

Agreed.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Noble Templars protecting the people, Connor was so stupid to pursue them!!!111 I love Caterina boobs!!11

Actually, they used real-Charles Lee's connection to Natives in that scene, the Clan Mother refere to Lee by his Native name he got during the time he got involved with Native woman, learnt Native language etc. The problem is obviously that in every other part of the story they transplated real-history Charles Lee's attitude towards the Natives onto Haytham and made AC3-Charles into a native bigot instead (animals living in dirt, no Native lover/children ever mentioned despite Haytham having the same thing etc) yet then, they suddenly decide to use real-life version out of nowhere as an argument why would Raton's village and Kanen'tˇ:kon trust Lee's deception. Sudden reversion to real-Lee made no sense in AC3 because they already made him a different character

adventurewomen
03-29-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't even think that "Shay" isn't a name I'd take seriously imo.

dxsxhxcx
03-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Shay will have the same character model as Connor and later in the game we'll discover he is Connor's twin brother... PLOT TWIST! [throws smoke bomb and disappear]

alekiratu
03-29-2014, 12:32 AM
Wow, no. I really do not want this to be true. The whole thing just seems more of the same. A mixture of AC3 and ACIV. I'm not excited for this at all.

I just realized something.... Connor didn't really take the last name of 'Kenway,' so when they said that the Kenway saga are over, they were talking about Edward and Haytham :D

Connor is regarded as a Kenway. Ubisoft has said that AC3 is part of the kenway saga so how would Connor not be a Kenway. He is a Kenway whether he officially takes the name or not.

Also, I don't know what would it matter ifd this Shay was a Kenway. Another Kenway who is a cross between Edward and Haytham? I'm sure Ubisoft is not as unimaginative as that.

adventurewomen
03-29-2014, 01:05 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is that you Charles??

ajl992008
03-29-2014, 01:44 AM
I didn't expect the idea to be so badly received, the reason I feel this game needs to feature a kenway is so that there can be a definite conclusion to the kenway family saga, ac4 did not do so because connors story is not finished, if connor is not starring in comet then the next alternative is the have another kenway to see a full circle to all that the family has to offer in terms of story and narrative. a revelations like game that closes doors in time for the next big leap in the series in unity. the same way we had a send off to altair and ezio before the new assassin connor came to be, in the same way we should get closure to the kenway family before we can move on to the next big arc of the story. connor doesn't necessarily need a new game but he needs closure as does the entire family, that's my opinion anyway

JustPlainQuirky
03-29-2014, 01:47 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is that you charles??

where are you charles?!?!

Consus_E
03-29-2014, 01:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFlq2SerGQ

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-29-2014, 02:04 AM

*Haytham walks in*

Haytham: Gone. :p

JustPlainQuirky
03-29-2014, 02:07 AM
*Haytham walks in*

Haytham: Gone. :p

He has been centured! He can do nothing for you now!

I-Like-Pie45
03-29-2014, 02:08 AM
what if shay is a girl and a kenway

and what if she ends up meeting connor and falling in love with him

but then finds out that he's both assassin and half-brother

then still does the deed anyway

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-29-2014, 02:12 AM

Oh God, no incest please *shudders*

He has been centured! He can do nothing for you now!

A temporary setback. He will be restored! *brandishes sword* Prepare to bleed~

JustPlainQuirky
03-29-2014, 02:14 AM

Why not? People already ship HaythamXConnor anyway. (and I will not lie, I have dabbled in some ConHayth fanfics)

So it couldn't really get any worse. :rolleyes:

Oh God, no incest please *shudders*

A temporary setback. He will be restored! *brandishes sword* Prepare to bleed~

Surrender, and I will spare you!

I-Like-Pie45
03-29-2014, 02:18 AM
I too have experience with Assassin incest. (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9931511/12/The-Minstrels-Revenge)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-29-2014, 02:19 AM
I too have experience with Assassin incest. (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9931511/12/The-Minstrels-Revenge)

AHHHHHH MY EYESSS! X_X

Surrender, and I will spare you!

Brave words for a man about to die.

Consus_E
03-29-2014, 02:22 AM
So we are getting worked up over an unconfirmed character, with an unconfirmed alignment, from an unconfirmed game, and his unconfirmed relation to Connor, and unconfirmed incest?

Do you see this Ubi? THIS is what happens when you don't give us details about Assassin's Creed: Unity!!! For the sake of all that is right in the world someone from Ubisoft give us a bit of information to speculate on!

RagingDragon14
03-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Maybe if we keep going at AC Comet from the incest angle, then Ubisoft will release a trailer for AC Comet in order to combat the outrage from Fox News and other conservative media outlets. :confused:

JustPlainQuirky
03-29-2014, 02:25 AM

I read that with no problem :rolleyes:

AHHHHHH MY EYESSS! X_X

Brave words for a man about to die.

I don't know what connor says next because he mumbles it and it didn't have subtitles! :(

So we are getting worked up over an unconfirmed character, with an unconfirmed alignment, from an unconfirmed game, and his unconfirmed relation to Connor, and unconfirmed incest?

Do you see this Ubi? THIS is what happens when you don't give us details about Assassin's Creed: Unity!!! For the sake of all that is right in the world someone from Ubisoft give us a bit of information to speculate on!

It is odd we're getting TWO new assassins this year...

Maybe if we keep going at AC Comet from the incest angle, then Ubisoft will release a trailer for AC Comet in order to combat the outrage from Fox News and other conservative media outlets. :confused:

I see nothing wrong with this plan.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-29-2014, 02:35 AM

I know right? Lol

I don't know what connor says next because he mumbles it and it didn't have subtitles! :(

Yeah, I eventually figured it out.

Connor: You fare no better.

*evil laugh* Even when your kind appears to triumph...Still we rise again. And do you know why? It is because the Order is born of a REALIZATION. We require no creed. No indoctrination by desperate old men. All we need is that the world be as it is. And THIS is why the Templars will never be destroyed!

JustPlainQuirky
03-29-2014, 02:38 AM
I know right? Lol

Yeah, I eventually figured it out.

Connor: You fare no better.

*evil laugh* Even when your kind appears to triumph...Still we rise again. And do you know why? It is because the Order is born of a REALIZATION. We require no creed. No indoctrination by desperate old men. All we need is that the world be as it is. And THIS is why the Templars will never be destroyed!

(what does you fare no better mean? I googled the definition of fare and it had to do with food 0-0 *native spanish speaker*)

*stabs neck with hidden blade*

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-29-2014, 02:39 AM
I didn't expect the idea to be so badly received, the reason I feel this game needs to feature a kenway is so that there can be a definite conclusion to the kenway family saga, ac4 did not do so because connors story is not finished, if connor is not starring in comet then the next alternative is the have another kenway to see a full circle to all that the family has to offer in terms of story and narrative. a revelations like game that closes doors in time for the next big leap in the series in unity. the same way we had a send off to altair and ezio before the new assassin connor came to be, in the same way we should get closure to the kenway family before we can move on to the next big arc of the story. connor doesn't necessarily need a new game but he needs closure as does the entire family, that's my opinion anyway

You're absolutely right... Like I said before, I'm trusting what Ubi says anymore about certain things until I SEE it for myself. They did say "bringing closure to the characters is very important," so we know that Connor will get his due; thats why they didn't say a hard NO - just a 'not very likely' statement, which means they probably need some time to give him a proper story to come back on.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-29-2014, 02:44 AM
(what does you fare no better mean? I googled the definition of fare and it had to do with food 0-0 *native spanish speaker*)

*stabs neck with hidden blade*

verb [ no obj. ]
1 [ with adverbial ] perform in a specified way in a particular situation or over a particular period of time.

Fare basically means your state or well being, so when he said 'fare no better,' he means that Haytham's physical state wasn't doing any better than Connor's [because they were both badly injured].

----------

Ow!... Don't think I have any intention of caressing your cheek and saying I was wrong. I will not weep and wonder what might have been. I'm sure you understand. Still, I'm proud of you in a way. You have shown great conviction. Strength. Courage. All noble qualities. I should have killed you long ago. *dies*

JustPlainQuirky
03-29-2014, 02:49 AM
verb [ no obj. ]
1 [ with adverbial ] perform in a specified way in a particular situation or over a particular period of time.

Fare basically means your state or well being, so when he said 'fare no better,' he means that Haytham's physical state wasn't doing any better than Connor's [because they were both badly injured].

----------

Ow!... Don't think I have any intention of caressing your cheek and saying I was wrong. I will not weep and wonder what might have been. I'm sure you understand. Still, I'm proud of you in a way. You have shown great conviction. Strength. Courage. All noble qualities. I should have killed you long ago. *dies*

AAAAAAAHhhhhhh okay thanks.

-------

goodbye father

*leaves*

poptartz20
03-29-2014, 05:40 AM
*Slow Clap* Haha... that was awesome! lol. I feel the need to play AC3 again. :)

annd as far as Shay being a Kenway. it's and interesting concept! but to far to far fetched to be Haytham's son or in some way related to the family and he is never mentioned? Maybe if Shay is a cousin of Edwards I could maybe see that?

Also I could totally see Connor eventually taking on the Kenway name considering at the beginning for Forsaken He wrote something about misjudging him and wanting to say he was sorry. Also I mean his father did actually love him in some kind of way and he saved him. and It's not like Connor hated him either.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-04-2014, 06:39 PM
I think shay may be Edwards son. think about it. in the epilogue of assassins creed 4 we see Edward with a young haytham and a teen jenny in a theater. this means that Edward must've had another child for that genetic memory to carry on. although this may mean Edward hid this child from his main family, because we don't hear of the child in haythams journal!

Assassin_M
07-04-2014, 06:43 PM
I think shay may be Edwards son. think about it. in the epilogue of assassins creed 4 we see Edward with a young haytham and a teen jenny in a theater. this means that Edward must've had another child for that genetic memory to carry on. although this may mean Edward hid this child from his main family, because we don't hear of the child in haythams journal!
No, Abstergo was using Desmond's DNA to view that memory, thus the only reason we saw that scene is because of Haytham. What you said is not how it works, Haytham was there so it makes sense to be able to see that memory....even if Edward had another child, it couldn't have been Desmond's ancestor

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Lol it's THIS thread again.

Better start quoting again. Humble. *clap clap* Let's go. :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-04-2014, 07:01 PM
LOLZ...

http://gifstumblr.com/images/bring-it-on_1090.gif

steveeire
07-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Emm who is Shay again? and Edward could have a lot of children, he wasn't exactly picky.

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Evening Connor. I see you made it here in one piece.

Jexx21
07-04-2014, 07:34 PM
CARLY SHAY FROM iCARLY

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Evening Connor. I see you made it here in one piece.

Hmph. Recovered from your beating then?

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Hmph. Recovered from your beating then?

http://i.imgur.com/UOYxo2K.png

Benjamin church has held up an abandoned brurie (sp?) in the wolf(sp?)front.

We should be done with this by sunrise.

Assassin_M
07-04-2014, 08:09 PM
What are you doing?

Jexx21
07-04-2014, 08:10 PM
eating yogurt

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-04-2014, 08:10 PM
@M

Roleplaying...

@Mayrice

Good I would like to have those supplies as soon as possible.

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 08:13 PM
@Mayrice

Good I would like to have those supplies as soon as possible.

Of course.

Wouldn't want to keep you from your lost cause.

Come on then. Follow me.

@jexx

what flavor :p

Jexx21
07-04-2014, 08:27 PM
i'm not actually eating yogurt

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 08:29 PM
i'm not actually eating yogurt

What a disappointment.

I-Like-Pie45
07-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Once I ran to you
Now I run from you
This tainted love you given, I give all a boy could give you, take my tears and that's not merely all
ooooooh tainted love
tainted love

Locopells
07-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Seriously, guys?

I-Like-Pie45
07-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Girls just wanna have fun, locopells

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 09:15 PM
*ahem* yes Shay..

erhm theories

ah yes

*coughs awkwardly*

Yes I do believe Shay isn't a real AC dude until proven otherwise, as the leaker also said Unity was named after unification of Assassins/Templars which wasn't true. So this whole Shay is a Kenway is very. very, very unlikely.

Jexx21
07-04-2014, 09:22 PM
we actually don't know if it's true or not mayrice as they aren't going to reveal a significant plot detail like that

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 09:25 PM
After watching a documentary of the french revolution I don't see how that would work. But hey maybe I'll be surprised.

Hans684
07-04-2014, 09:41 PM
I highly doubt Shay will be a Kenway, they are done with the Kenway Sage. That does on the other hand not stop them from making an AC(Unity/Comet) where we don't play as a Kenway, but a Kenway have an appearance. Just because someone from the Kenway line do appear does not mean it's part of the Kenway Saga. Connor can appear in Unity, just like Haytham and Connor can appear in Comet(if it exist). So if it exist I will say that Shay is not a Kenway(just confirmed by myself). Sure the possibility of Shade being a unknown child of Edward(according to the rumor we Assassinate Adewale so having Shay as Haytham's child is out of the question) is there, but since they are done with the Kenway Sage as in no more, the end, is not gonna happen etc... Shay is not a Kenway. The Kenway Saga is Connor(AC3/Forsaken), Haytham(Forsaken/AC3) and Edward Kenway(Forsaken/Black Flag(game and novel)) is done. No Connor sequel either until Ubisoft say they are going to continue the Kenway Saga.

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 09:47 PM
they are done with the Kenway Saga. No Connor sequel either until Ubisoft say they are going to continue the Kenway Saga.

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/3r/Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Hans684
07-04-2014, 09:57 PM

Sad but true, sometimes it's better to face reality. I want a Connor sequel but the chance of something like that to happen is to low at the moment. You can on the other hand continue to fight for one, just look at Unity, it's the "true Assassin"(Assassin simulator etc...) sequel people have been asking for.

naumaan
07-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Kenways must have a dominant Templar gene. :rolleyes:

Or there's a running pattern of assassin, templar, assassin, templar, assassin ;)

Either way, pretty hilarious.

lol

steveeire
07-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Conor might get a psp game at some stage.

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I'd be fine with that if there was an HD re-release for steam.

If not, I'd be so pissed.

Jexx21
07-04-2014, 10:30 PM
uhh.. why would they do a PSP game? that's last-gen.

If you're talking about the Vita, I doubt that as well since they aren't doing Wii U games because games aren't really selling on the Wii U and they aren't really selling on the Vita either.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-05-2014, 02:28 AM
*sighhh* And once again, the words "not likely" doesnt mean "a hard no." Don't know why people confuse that. Thats why the fans aren't satisfied until it is confirmed from Ubi that there is "NO MORE GAMES FOR CONNOR." Capiche?

And they don't have to say it's the Kenway Saga to continue his story, because Kenway Saga could mean Edward or Haytham too. People could have been asking for a Haytham or Edward sequel too and thats when they could have said it.. They could just continue his story "differently", if that makes sense.

Hey! No tears! Have faith! They just need time, mmk? *hugs*

Assassin_M
07-05-2014, 02:30 AM
*sighhh* And once again, the words "not likely" doesnt mean "a hard no." Don't know why people confuse that. Thats why the fans aren't satisfied until it is confirmed from Ubi that there is "NO MORE GAMES FOR CONNOR." Capiche?
See, imagine Darby who said "not likely" got the worst reaction ever and basically got crapped on by the tumblr community, imagine if he said no...people would probably call for him to be fired.

I-Like-Pie45
07-05-2014, 02:31 AM
See, imagine Darby who said "not likely" got the worst reaction ever and basically got crapped on by the tumblr community, imagine if he said no...people would probably call for him to be fired.

quite literally

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-05-2014, 02:36 AM

Heh, I can imagine that unfortunately. TBH, he should have said that famous line "you'll have to wait and see" or just stayed quiet.

And the thing is, Darby is the one that said that, not Ubisoft themselves.

Assassin_M
07-05-2014, 02:42 AM
Heh, I can imagine that unfortunately. TBH, he should have said that famous line "you'll have to wait and see" or just stayed quiet.

And the thing is, Darby is the one that said that, not Ubisoft themselves.
see?? he should have said this, he should have said that and you're one in a thousand...he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. The guy was gracious enough to give fans SOMETHING.

That's what you'll always say, though no matter who it came from :rolleyes: You want Yves himself and to come out and say?

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 02:48 AM
it was more the fact that the way he said it "we'll leave that to tumblr to continue his story" it felt like a a big "**** you and your interests"

Assassin_M
07-05-2014, 02:50 AM
it was more the fact that the way he said it "we'll leave that to tumblr to continue his story" it felt like a a big "**** you and your interests"
but why, though?? why did it feel like that?? it didnt feel that way to me at all...it's like a dad passing on to his son something he created that's probably very dear to him, pardon the analogy--so the dad is saying "**** you and your interests, son"?

I-Like-Pie45
07-05-2014, 02:54 AM
i think my parents did that to me once

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Because they gave a worthwhile conclusion to every protagonist, including Adewale, except for Connor and Aveline. Saying that they aren't going to continue their stories and leave it up to the fans is like saying "they aren't worth our time and money to support, so we'll just leave it to the people who like them to argue and bicker over what they think would happen in their lives and whatever they come up with will never be fully appreciated due to it not being official"

Assassin_M
07-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Because they gave a worthwhile conclusion to every protagonist, including Adewale, except for Connor and Aveline. Saying that they aren't going to continue their stories and leave it up to the fans is like saying "they aren't worth our time and money to support, so we'll just leave it to the people who like them to argue and bicker over what they think would happen in their lives and whatever they come up with will never be fully appreciated due to it not being official"
And now the blame shifts to ubisoft....it's your fault for making people think that a worthwhile conclusion is death....dammit, Ubisoft

Shahkulu101
07-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Maybe Connor isn't worth their time and support - I mean, he has his fair share of fans but he's the least liked Assassin...

Plus Darby wasn't speaking on Ubi's behalf anyway.

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Yeah when I read the "we'll leave it to tumblr" thing I was super offended.

That was before I even really became a fan of Connor too.

You just don't say that kind of thing. It's basically admitting you don't care.

Shahkulu101
07-05-2014, 03:03 AM
I thought it was funny, but it did disappoint me that Darby had no interest in continuing his story. I'm not self righteous enough to be offended.

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 03:06 AM
I thought it was funny, but it did disappoint me that Darby had no interest in continuing his story. I'm not self righteous enough to be offended.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Thanks for that. That's not insulting at all.

Assassin_M
07-05-2014, 03:07 AM
I was disappointed too, i mean...which fan wouldn't slightly be??

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 03:08 AM
actually it's just knowing how they died

which actually makes a crapload of sense for a historical series

I would be perfectly fine if they just gave us a couple of sentences basically saying what happened to Connor, who he married, how he died, how the colonial Assassins turned out, what happened to the homestead in the early 1800s, etc. Same with Aveline.

Besides, as I said, it was every protagonist besides Connor and Aveline. And no, this did NOT start with Ezio, it started with Altair, with The Secret Crusade where they detailed numerous events of his life including his death. Ezio is just the only protagonist who got more than one game. We knew what happened to Edward before he even had a game, we know what happened to Nikolai Orelov, we know what happened to Desmond, to Daniel Cross, to Clay. I can't speak for the characters from Brahman, as I haven't read it, but I'm sure there'll probably be a sequel to it this year. Sure, with Adewale we only know that he hooked up with that brothel lady from Freedom Cry and had Eseosa and that he was murdered, but he was also a more minor character than Connor and Aveline and we know more about his late life than either of the aforementioned characters.

And to be honest, it would be so simple to reconcile these problems by just slapping some half-assed story conclusions on Initiates or put it in some Animus database, but they haven't yet. It really makes me wonder what their plans are for the characters, because they most have some sort of plan.

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 03:14 AM
I would prefer an explanation than nothing at all.

But I would still prefer a game or DLC over an explanation.

But if I HAD to take it then I guess...

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 03:18 AM

you mean your not self righteous enough to hate darby

I don't hate Darby about this, especially because I realize that he really didn't mean to insult anyone, but the words themselves are offending

Shahkulu101
07-05-2014, 03:33 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Thanks for that. That's not insulting at all.

Hey...

You said you were nearly offended, I was talking about the crazies that were legit mad at Darby.

Calvarok
07-05-2014, 03:59 AM
One of the worst things the Ezio trilogy did was set up the expectation that every single Assassin's life would be completely documented from birth to death.

An expectation I'm happy is apparently not a rule. Tell me a good story, I don't care who's living after it ends, then move on to another one with a new person. that's what a series with such a perfect narrative excuse should do, especially if it's gonna be yearly.

rickprog
07-05-2014, 04:15 AM
You mean Ezio, Alta´r and Desmond (not mentioning Edward because his case was after Connor). It's only natural the same thing would be expected for Aveline and Connor, since we got to know about the early stages of their lives as well. Also, AC is spread into a bunch of different formats other than the yearly release, including comics, novels, DLCs, portable console games and the Initiates database: that should allow Ubisoft to tell what happened to two game protagonists. Unless they're planning to do it on a special way later on, which I wouldn't complain about at all.

I suppose the fact that the AC universe is pretty huge at this point and that they haven't used their different outputs to end with Connor and Aveline's stories does back up your statement, in any case.

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 04:16 AM
I would like to know if Aveline hooked up with Gerald.

And WHO Connor hooked up with...andifhebecameatemplaranddiedtragically :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-05-2014, 04:17 AM
Well, here's the thing, Darby...

YOU don't have to write the story. Find another writer who would be glad to write his story... I know Corey May wants to :)

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 04:20 AM
Corey writes fairly well.

Which is surprising because whenever I go to his twitter I swear it's being written by someone who loves yelling and doing crazy things. :rolleyes:

I seriously can't read any of his tweets without hearing it with a loud obnoxious voice. I start getting a head ache.

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 04:29 AM
One of the worst things the Ezio trilogy did was set up the expectation that every single Assassin's life would be completely documented from birth to death.

An expectation I'm happy is apparently not a rule. Tell me a good story, I don't care who's living after it ends, then move on to another one with a new person. that's what a series with such a perfect narrative excuse should do, especially if it's gonna be yearly.

actually that was Altair because The Secret Crusade came out before Revelations.

besides AC is one of the only game series that makes sense to actually give information on a character from birth to death because it's a historical game.

Calvarok
07-05-2014, 05:14 AM
actually that was Altair because The Secret Crusade came out before Revelations.

besides AC is one of the only game series that makes sense to actually give information on a character from birth to death because it's a historical game.
a relative position in time has nothing to do with the amount of information a narrative is required to give. The series has never been presented as being about being an actual historian searching for every bit of info, instead you're usually looking for very specific information and then you're done once you get it. even more reason to only present a portion of a life.

And you wouldn't have gotten any of the new Altair moments in the Secret Crusade if Revelations was not planned out.

You mean Ezio, Alta´r and Desmond (not mentioning Edward because his case was after Connor). It's only natural the same thing would be expected for Aveline and Connor, since we got to know about the early stages of their lives as well. Also, AC is spread into a bunch of different formats other than the yearly release, including comics, novels, DLCs, portable console games and the Initiates database: that should allow Ubisoft to tell what happened to two game protagonists. Unless they're planning to do it on a special way later on, which I wouldn't complain about at all.

I suppose the fact that the AC universe is pretty huge at this point and that they haven't used their different outputs to end with Connor and Aveline's stories does back up your statement, in any case.
Hey, I have no doubt that we'll get glimpses and hints as to what happened to them and what their further adventures were, but I'd prefer if they kept it more like the way AC2 was trying to go, not being so completely overt about explaining what happened.

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Eh..

I disagree with you here Calvarok.

Calvarok
07-05-2014, 05:45 AM
Eh..

I disagree with you here Calvarok.
I know, we've talked about this before. I'm just not super into too much fanservicey stuff

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 06:47 AM
I'm just more into the idea of having 2 games a character

oliver_lucifer
07-09-2014, 02:39 PM
so I have given it some thought and what if shay is actually a kenway? here's an idea I had, what if 1758 is the start date for AC comet but we actually start the game as Haytham? we play as him for maybe a sequence or 2 and then that can lead into the birth of shay in say 1760, connors birth date was 1756 so they would be of a similar age. we can see an actual father son relationship between shay and haytham as haytham passes down the templar philosophy to him and trains him. this can add a level of grey morality, they can make shay an extremely likable character despite being a templar which will further solidify ubi's wish to show both sides as equally right (as at the moment the general idea with people who play the game is really assassins are good and templars are bad at its most basic level in the eyes of the general gaming audience). This can overlap the events of ac3 from shay's perspective and conclude somewhere around 1790/1800, connor can be the main antagonist, it could turn into a story of revenge when haytham is killed by connor and a theme of clashing of philosophies on a more personal level as the two will be brothers. It will also make for a really badass boss fight between shay and connor. Also, with talks of adewale, maybe haytham assassinates adewale as he sees him as a threat to the templar hold in the american colonies in the first sequence? we can also see haytham destroy the brotherhood in the colonies and of course see a lot more of connor as he will be fundamental to the story if shay is a kenway and is his brother. I don't know I thought this would be a great idea and a great way to bring the kenway family saga to a close and tie up all of the loose ends, what do you guys think?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1330413/assassins-creed-comet-ubisoft-quebec-shay-kenway/

JustPlainQuirky
07-09-2014, 02:43 PM
^ I doubt they're working on Comet. Feels like it's not enough time for them to develop it. Unless they're pulling another Revelations or it's releasing next year...

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Hmm..

The developer of the homestead of AC3? Good.

The developer of Tyranny of King Washington DLC? Good.

Shay related to Haytham Kenway? Good.

MY BODY IS READY!

If the rumors are true, of course :p

JustPlainQuirky
07-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Hmm..

The developer of the homestead of AC3? Good.

The developer of Tyranny of King Washington DLC? Good.

Shay related to Haytham Kenway? Good.

MY BODY IS READY!

If the rumors are true, of course :p

I hope Shay meets Connor years later and either fights him in self-defense or converts him to his templar ways.

http://i.imgur.com/WMx5PiN.gif

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-09-2014, 03:21 PM
I hope Shay meets Connor years later and either fights him in self-defense or converts him to his templar ways.

http://i.imgur.com/WMx5PiN.gif

*sigh* Lol you and you're Templar fetish :rolleyes: *pats*

JustPlainQuirky
07-09-2014, 03:27 PM
I can't help it. I lurv me sum templar booty. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
07-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Who is Shay?

roostersrule2
07-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Who knows?

I wish it was Shaggy Kenway, he could have a dog.