PDA

View Full Version : Trials Frontier Update 2: Known Issues

RoguishRonin
03-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Hello Frontier riders! We can't thank you enough for the feedback you've given us regarding not only the Trials Frontier gameplay, but also on the issues that you have encountered during soft launch. We've been working hard on getting Trials Frontier updated, and we wanted to share a list of Known Issues as well as a fix:

Some players are only able to play the first robot man mission. They have an active mission which asks them to race the robot man tracks but the tracks are not visible to them.

We need more information from affected players.

Robotman is not visible in the Saloon. The A.N.B.A missions are also not available to these players.

Fixed in a patch planned for the first week of launch.
In some cases this may be fixed by removing the TrialsContentDL.dat file. (See instructions below).

Robotman is not fetching new opponents.

Likely due to players being very highly ranked, so Robotman has hard time finding opponents. We are investigating this issue.

Marauder mission: In certain mission player is asked to race a track with a new bike “Marauder” but does not have access to all of th blueprints required to build the bike.

Currently there is no workaround available.

Game not loading. Some players reported that game wasn’t loading for them. Players see blank screen when starting the game.
Game crash: Reinstalling the app after the release of update 2 has caused game to crash for some players.

These two are likely related. We have experienced a similar issue just after updating. If game is not updated, updating should fix this. If players have updated, then removing TrialsContentDL.dat (Instructions below) may help, but if it doesn’t work, uninstalling and reinstalling the game should work.
More info needed if reinstall doesn’t help.

Progress lost : Players have reported loss of their progress.

Probably due to trying to fix previous issues by reinstalling. If user hadn’t logged into Uplay, progress is only stored locally and will be lost.
However, progress can be backed up by using iFunBox or similar software by copying player.bin file before uninstalling the game (it can be found from Documents folder under the application). After installing the game again, the file should be returned to the same location.

Global Leaderboard Friend-list ranks are not always accurate.

We need more feedback from players letting us know how and when this happens.

Players have lots of questions about global leaderboards. How it works? How often it updates?

Scores are updated always when you improve your time in any track, so after update you need to improve at least one track time before your score is visible.
There is an error that in score calculations where some players had reached a maximum score and are unable to improve. Fixed in a patch planned for the first week of launch.

Steps for removing TrialsContentDL.dat:

Install iFunBox: http://www.i-funbox.com/ (http://www.i-funbox.com/)
Connect your device to computer
Navigate to Apps section and find Trials Frontier
Go to Documents folder
Delete TrialsContentDL.dat file
Reboot the game

Nytmair
03-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Thanks! I'll try that ANBA workout tonight since the Robot is not showing in my Saloon.

rantapallomies
03-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Where is the .dat file supposed to be? I can't find it.
If I delete the app and reinstall, will I lose all my progress?

Nytmair
03-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Where is the .dat file supposed to be? I can't find it.
If I delete the app and reinstall, will I lose all my progress?

As long as you have been playing while logged into your uPlay account, it should have your progress saved on the uPLay server.
I deleted the app and reinstalled yesterday, and after playing the 3 into tracks, it allowed me to resync my old progress via uPlay server.

I deleted the .dat file, and still no robot :(

rantapallomies
03-29-2014, 01:26 PM
For the life of me I couldn't locate the .dat file, so I decided to take a chance and delete the app completely.

Now I know this following sentence has never been uttered in all of humanity's history, but here it goes: Hooray for Uplay! I wasn't completely sure if I had used Uplay to log in the game but after reinstalling I logged in and it totally worked! I didn't lose my progress at all.

If course this could have prevented with better testing, but ultimately I'm just glad to have my game back. :)

Monstifiedx
04-08-2014, 12:38 AM
After update 3 my phone crashes everytime I try and connect to uPlay

Mr._Grumpy
04-27-2014, 04:29 AM
After update 3 my phone crashes everytime I try and connect to uPlay

Me too! Makes Mr Grumpy more grumpy!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

MaestroVirtuose
05-22-2014, 06:49 PM
I could play the game for a while, then (I can't remember which version started the issue) but I know for sure that I could not play the game with the latest version 2.0.2 (and the two previous versions update as well). The game would launch with a black screen, hanging there for 10-15 seconds (The iOS then bringing back the main iPhone screen). I don't know if it can be stated that the application had "crashed" since it was still reporting as "running" from the iOS UI. :(

I notice that the "Library" folder was only containing files as a kind of working place (and confirmed the folder was empty from a fresh install using another device).

So, using iFunBox, I removed the whole content of "Library" folder, keeping only the "Caches" and "Preferences" emptied folders. This fixed the issue. :)

Monstified
06-13-2014, 09:35 PM
ANBA gave me a opponent for a map i havent unlocked yet.
ANBA gave me an opponent for the Refinery when the last map i had unlocked is Tanktops

sakent
10-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Game not loading. Some players reported that game wasn’t loading for them. Players see blank screen when starting the game.
Game crash: Reinstalling the app after the release of update 2 has caused game to crash for some players.

These two are likely related. We have experienced a similar issue just after updating. If game is not updated, updating should fix this. If players have updated, then removing TrialsContentDL.dat (Instructions below) may help, but if it doesn’t work, uninstalling and reinstalling the game should work.
More info needed if reinstall doesn’t help.

Progress lost : Players have reported loss of their progress.

Probably due to trying to fix previous issues by reinstalling. If user hadn’t logged into Uplay, progress is only stored locally and will be lost.
However, progress can be backed up by using iFunBox or similar software by copying player.bin file before uninstalling the game (it can be found from Documents folder under the application). After installing the game again, the file should be returned to the same location.

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Reconnected to my Uplay account which been syncing my progress (which is certain, as I've even had messages to this effect in the past confirming that local progress has been synced).

Now that I've reconnected my account ... progress not saved, back to the beginning. Thanks for the crap update and the crap advice to correct it.