PDA

View Full Version : Kenways Fleet - Should management mini-games really be dependent on online status?

Dome500
03-28-2014, 12:39 AM
When I read rencently, that Kenways fleet is an online-only function I was a little baffled.
I admit that I am often online, and also that of course I do not always use Kenways fleet.

But I was really suprised, and not in a positive way. My question here is: Why is Kenways Fleet and online feature? AC3, ACR and ACB had management games but never required you to be online for it as far as I know. So what is different about Kenways fleet? Does it get a re-supply of missions? If so, can't they be resupplied every X days in the background while you are online and the game is running ?

I mean, I really don't mind such things normally, but having to be online to access a part of my singleplayer experience, is that really necessary Ubisoft?

I just want to say thumbs down for this, I don't like that at all, and I hope future Fleet/Brotherhood/whatever management mini-games will not HAVE to rely on online function to run. It is okay as long as it is OPTIONAL. But a requirement? Please no.

Thanks for your attention, I hope you take that feedback into account Ubi.

I'll also post that in the suggestion and feedback thread.

What do you guys think about that?
I know it's kind of idiotic to make a poll about such small a feature, but I am interested in what you think about that matter.
I just think singleplayer features should be accessible all the time, that's why they are singelplayer features. A companion option or an option to play those mini-games online is nice, but it should not REQUIRE you to be online to be able to access such things.

Calvarok
03-28-2014, 12:44 AM
no. and simply loading up my game in the first place shouldn't require online, no matter what sort of DLC or whatever I have downloaded.

frodrigues55
03-28-2014, 02:17 AM
I'm always against having online features merged with single player experiences.

I guess it's the typical case of legit copies paying the price of piracy. I think developers tend to do that so you will miss something single-player related if you can't go online. The can't go fully online because of the backlash, so they found some secondary feature to do the trick. The fleet is not a huge part of the game, so it won't completely ruin the single player experience for those who are temporarily without internet, but it still is something to miss if you "can't" connect ever.

It clearly doesn't need to be online.

What happens if you try to access the fleet with no internet? Does the game freeze? That sucks.

Dome500
04-01-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm always against having online features merged with single player experiences.

I guess it's the typical case of legit copies paying the price of piracy. I think developers tend to do that so you will miss something single-player related if you can't go online. The can't go fully online because of the backlash, so they found some secondary feature to do the trick. The fleet is not a huge part of the game, so it won't completely ruin the single player experience for those who are temporarily without internet, but it still is something to miss if you "can't" connect ever.

It clearly doesn't need to be online.

What happens if you try to access the fleet with no internet? Does the game freeze? That sucks.

It does not freeze.

It tells me that the game can not connect to Ubisoft servers and therefore the feature is not available at this time.

Sushiglutton
04-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Voted option: "I actually don'T mind because I don't play those mini-games", because I pretty much haven't touched it since the tutorial mission (which I have done twice). I think these types of pen-and-paper mini-games are kind of uninteresting. I mean there's a beautiful 3D world to explore. Why should I sit and play some simple economy mini-game (that I think I could actually have programmed myself)?