PDA

View Full Version : Here Kotaku goes again

Pages : [1] 2

Sushiglutton
03-27-2014, 06:56 PM
http://kotaku.com/sources-assassins-creed-comet-will-let-you-play-as-a-1552929846

GameBlog's report claims that Comet will take place in and around 1758; that it will star a sailor named Shay who betrays the captain of his ship; and that it's set on the Atlantic Ocean.Comet, GameBlog says, will continue the nautical theme established in last year's Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

We haven't been able to confirm all of those plot details, and some of it appears to be speculation by GameBlog. But people familiar with Comet tell us that this fall's last-genAssassin's Creed will indeed be set in North America and star a protagonist named Shay, who is a member of the Templars, the assassin-hating order that has traditionally served as primary antagonist in the Assassin's Creed games.

We also hear that Comet will let you go to New York and do a great deal of sailing along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. One source describes the game as a cross between Assassin's Creed III and the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin's Creed IV. Sources also say that Haytham Kenway and Adewalé will make appearances, among other returning AC characters.

(Haytham, fans will remember, was the surprise character who players controlled in the early hours of Assassin's Creed III before assuming control of the lead character, the assassin Connor, Haytham's son. Haytham is himself the son of ACIV protagonist Edward Kenway, whose first mate, Adewalé, would eventually become an assassin himself. Haytham, notably, was a Templar.)

Da-Da-Darara New York, New York!

I'm all for it tbh. Playing as a templar sounds exciting and I'm a sucker for fanservice :).

killzab
03-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Maybe some truth is hiding in all this BS.

ArabianFrost
03-27-2014, 06:59 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's not reusing assets, that's making a bloody remake with extra sailing. That's a skip for me. I'll get it in a sale.

xryanx28
03-27-2014, 07:00 PM
templars are going to force another trailer here soon...

oliacr
03-27-2014, 07:00 PM
templar? :D Looking forward to this if it is true :)

DavidPage
03-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Let's hope it's true! Haytham and an old, wise Adewale appearing! Best thing ever! Just those voices! But after this, Ubisoft HAS to go back in time... I actually AM growing tired of the similar settings Temporal settings I mean... Geographically all this couldn't be more diverse)...

Sushiglutton
03-27-2014, 07:04 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's not reusing assets, that's making a bloody remake with extra sailing. That's a skip for me. I'll get it in a sale.

But it makes a lot of sense if they are gonna make a last gen exclusive. To me it depends a lot on if when it will be released in relation to AC:U. If they release at the same time I'll likely wait for a sale. Otherwise I'll probably pick it up right away.

killzab
03-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Sounds incredibly boring and cheap.

danykk2009
03-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Do you mean 'Absterku' or 'Kotargo' or whatever?? :p

...and i'll wait and see what comes out from here, but i will probably buy it anyway.... AC is an addiction....:D

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Ugh... Oy vey >_>

Once bitten, twice shy / Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you...

In other words, I'll believe it when I see it [directly form Ubisoft] :p

Kaschra
03-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Playing as a Templar? YAAAAAAAAAAY
Haytham returns? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Setting: New York in 1758? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOoooOo

Sushiglutton
03-27-2014, 07:16 PM

Setting: New York in 1758? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOoooOo

I hope there will be other east coast citys. Just New York 1758 does sound a bit dull. It's basically the exact same city as in AC3 with less buildings.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-27-2014, 07:17 PM
We also hear that Comet will let you go to New York and do a great deal of sailing along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. One source describes the game as a cross between Assassin's Creed III and the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin's Creed IV. Sources also say that Haytham Kenway and Adewalé will make appearances, among other returning AC characters.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mdsZKpAHp4c/UoIhotpu8xI/AAAAAAAAEsE/3yKlIq12U2o/s400/obama_not_amused.gif

Kaschra
03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
I hope there will be other east coast citys. Just New York 1758 does sound a bit dull. It's basically the exact same city as in AC3 with less buildings.
I'm all up for playing a Templar and seeing Haytham again, but that setting would just kill all my interest. I couldn't stand New York in AC3.

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
For some reason, I'm not looking forward to playing as a Templar... but it will be interesting to have more insight on how they go about things. :nonchalance:

Skelface
03-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Speculations, speculations everywhere.

killzab
03-27-2014, 07:20 PM
This sounds absolutely cheap.

People were complaining about Brotherhood back in the day but it's much worse.

Farlander1991
03-27-2014, 07:22 PM
To be fair, New York is the most underutilized city in the whole franchise. One of the largest, and only 6 main missions in it (and it's not like side content in AC3 was quality enough to really spend lots of time there).

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-27-2014, 07:23 PM
An AC game each year was already too much, but two games? AC is getting milked way too hard.
The whole thing is just ****ed up. Unfortunately, it is clear that AC is a series that will never end in a high note, but rather will slowly become a shadow of its former self until finally Ubisoft, when sales inevitably reach a number too low, just pulls the plug. We've seen it happen before with other games. It won't be different with AC. It's sad, but true, unfortunately.

While it's still too early to tell, I think I might skip on AC altogether this year.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Well, I guess it does make sense. They can copy+paste a ton of stuff from AC3 and AC4 and put together 1 more New World game with naval xP

Sushiglutton
03-27-2014, 07:24 PM
This sounds absolutely cheap.

People were complaining about Brotherhood back in the day but it's much worse.

To be fair though we know almost nothing.

I'm all up for playing a Templar and seeing Haytham again, but that setting would just kill all my interest. I couldn't stand New York in AC3.

Yeah the US-citys at the time can't match some of the other places the franchise has visited.

Layytez
03-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Ubisoft can **** right off with this one if true. Bad enough if it's New York again but the sailing too ? I..can't...I......can't.

TO_M
03-27-2014, 07:26 PM
i really really really hope this isn't true.
Not only do I not want another sailing game, the new york setting doesn't interest me at all.

Kirokill
03-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Story plot seems bad, but I have some interest in the returning characters and city.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Speculations, speculations everywhere.

Tell me about it. They're spreading like viruses...

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Tell me about it. They're spreading like viruses...

After yesterday, I'm not going to believe anything coming from Kotaku.

RinoTheBouncer
03-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Assassin's Creed Comet, the alleged Xbox 360/PS3 tie-in to this fall's (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/21/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-unity-release-date-teased) Assassin's Creed Unity (http://www.ign.com/games/assassins-creed-unity/pc-20009239), will allegedly take place in North America, feature nautical exploration, and star a playable Templar.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/p75x225/10152997_10152073576436633_315607814_n.jpg

GameBlog (http://www.gameblog.fr/chronique_706_assassin-s-creed-comet-sur-ps3-et-xbox-360-nos-infos-black-f) reported that Comet stars Shay, a sailor and Templar, which Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/sources-assassins-creed-comet-will-let-you-play-as-a-1552929846)corroborated with sources.
Kotaku also claims Comet will take players to 1758 New York, where Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (http://www.ign.com/games/assassins-creed-black-flag/pc-159976)'s Adewalé, Assassin's Creed III (http://www.ign.com/games/assassins-creed-iii/pc-137018)'s Haytham Kenway, and other familiar Assassin's Creed stars play various roles. Comet is, according to GameBlog, a direct sequel to Black Flag.

Source: http://go.ign.com/1m8wQIV

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Way too early to jump into conclusions.. This is all based on that kotaku speculation

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/864598-Here-Kotaku-goes-again

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Very interesting indeed :p

egriffin09
03-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Kotaku seems to be 100% right when it comes to AC games the last few years, no reason to doubt them now.

Wolfmeister1010
03-27-2014, 07:39 PM
I like this idea a lot more than the Eseosa one. I think it would be awesome if Shay is the one who is partly responsible for destroying the brotherhood. Maybe that was why it was left out of AC3. Good opportunity to see Haytham and Achilles, and maybe even Connor, depending on how long the game spans.

Although I am not very excited for a return to North america, I am definitely excited for the story of Haytham, Connor, and Achilles to continue.

Maybe Connor isn't in Unity after all, maybe he is in Comet

Kirokill
03-27-2014, 07:40 PM
I actually like the small gap fill between the two games, I guess this will be a one-year to be created game?

lothario-da-be
Hmmm, I sense some Connor and Haytham here.

xecqtor
well we already saw that

but AC why not Templar name because we be playin a templar then

Wolfmeister1010
It would be awesome if we play through the game as Shay, destroying the American Brotherhood..and then near the end of the game we switch to Connor many years later, who finds out about Shay and then hunts him down.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 07:41 PM
After yesterday, I'm not going to believe anything coming from Kotaku.

I should start doing that as well. How dare they mess with our emotions LOL

I like this idea a lot more than the Eseosa one. I think it would be awesome if Shay is the one who is partly responsible for destroying the brotherhood. Maybe that was why it was left out of AC3. Good opportunity to see Haytham and Achilles, and maybe even Connor, depending on how long the game spans.

Although I am not very excited for a return to North america, I am definitely excited for the story of Haytham, Connor, and Achilles to continue.

Maybe Connor isn't in Unity after all, maybe he is in Comet

Same.

It would be awesome if we play through the game as Shay, destroying the American Brotherhood..and then near the end of the game we switch to Connor many years later, who finds out about Shay and then hunts him down.

Now when you think about it, I can actually see that happening, but who knows. I'm really interested in the back story of Achilles as well.

Wolfmeister1010
03-27-2014, 07:43 PM
I assume that Shay is the one who helped Haytham destroy the brotherhood in America. Good opportunity to see Haytham, Achilles, Ziio, and Connor. fill in the plot holes left out but mentioned in AC3, like Ziio breaking off with Haytham, Ziio being "helped" by Achilles, and the destruction of th brotherhood.

Maybe in the end we switch to Connor, who learns about Shay and hunts him down.

This is actually a very good idea to me. Sure it would reuse assets, but it would really help fill in the AC4-AC3 gaps involving the above and maybe the secret box and juno and Aita and the blood vials and stuff.

RinoTheBouncer
03-27-2014, 07:44 PM
I see a lot of talk and theories about Connor these days. I wonder if this is based on some leaked information or just speculation built upon speculation... I hope it ain’t the latter. I mean, I’m not crazy about Connor. I love Ezio the most, but i think Connor deserves to have a closure to his story or at least a little bit of progress. ACIII was not enough, AT ALL.

lothario-da-be
03-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Am I the only one who is okay with this game? I mean did you expected them to go to China on ps3? This could be an awesome compilation of everthing ac had to offer so far.
I am realy excited about (possible) returning characters, Adewale, Haytham, Connor...

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Way too early to jump into conclusions.. This is all based on that kotaku speculation

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/864598-Here-Kotaku-goes-again

No argument there

Wolfmeister1010
03-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Am I the only one who is okay with this game? I mean did you expected them to go to China on ps3? This could be an awesome compilation of everthing ac had to offer so far.
I am realy excited about (possible) returning characters, Adewale, Haytham, Connor...

Reuse assets is a minus..but more time spent on mechanics and such, plus expanding the AC3-4 story (while unity takes a different direction and is the MAIN AC) sounds awesome.

Maybe the game DOES bring the Kenway saga to a conclusion by having characters from both Kenway games be in the game..just not having to do with Eseosa and ****.

Will_Lucky
03-27-2014, 07:47 PM
1758, interesting. I wonder, is this the man responsible for the downfall of the Assassins in Colonial America? Is that what we're going to witness. I suspect this is one of Haythems underlings who he assigns to do just that.

lothario-da-be
I see a lot of talk and theories about Connor these days. I wonder if this is based on some leaked information or just speculation built upon speculation... I hope it ain’t the latter. I mean, I’m not crazy about Connor. I love Ezio the most, but i think Connor deserves to have a closure to his story or at least a little bit of progress. ACIII was not enough, AT ALL.
This. Connor had like 9 sequences, He should get another 3-5 here imo. That would be enough for me. Just show me how his life went after ac3. He has sooo much potential.

GunnerGalactico

Thank you... I second this :)

adventurewomen
Kotaku an their usual trash lol

I'll only believe this once we see a trailer for Comet.

dxsxhxcx
03-27-2014, 07:48 PM
For some reason, I'm not looking forward to playing as a Templar... but it will be interesting to have more insight on how they go about things. :nonchalance:

me neither, IMO it would look cheap to play as a "full-time" Templar and still do the same thing the Assassins can do and have a hidden blade just for the sake of provide the same experience the other games did, not that they (Assassins) do anything special that people from outside the Order wouldn't be able to do with the correct training, but I like to think that their free-running skills are just another characteristic (like their robes and the hidden blade) that differentiates them from the Templars.

Wolfmeister1010
03-27-2014, 07:48 PM
1758, interesting. I wonder, is this the man responsible for the downfall of the Assassins in Colonial America? Is that what we're going to witness. I suspect this is one of Haythems underlings who he assigns to do just that.

SHAY! It all works out perfectly!

jayjay275
03-27-2014, 07:52 PM
I still think that the title, "Comet" is really bad.

Rugterwyper32
03-27-2014, 07:53 PM
To be fair, New York is the most underutilized city in the whole franchise. One of the largest, and only 6 main missions in it (and it's not like side content in AC3 was quality enough to really spend lots of time there).

That is a very good point. And there's nothing stopping them from going further down the coast to add a place such as Saint Augustine in Florida to add some variations in architecture (being originally a Spanish city, they could use assets from Havana).
We'll see what happens, though. We might end up seeing New York redone to a certain degree to make it more freerunning-friendly and whatnot. And we'd get all of west New York in good state, which would give us a bit more to do.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 07:53 PM

Ain't it the truth! :D

Will_Lucky
03-27-2014, 07:56 PM
I assume that Shay is the one who helped Haytham destroy the brotherhood in America.

Haha great minds think alike, yes I suspect exactly this is what it is.

Great opportunity. Depends on the age of this character. Oh christ...Adewale dies before 1776 and this guy is a Templar oh god..... 1758-1776 sounds like a decent timeline as well theoretically for an AC story.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 07:57 PM

Could be just a placeholder...

Hans684
Assassin's Creed Comet, the alleged Xbox 360/PS3 tie-in to this fall's (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/21/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-unity-release-date-teased) Assassin's Creed Unity (http://www.ign.com/games/assassins-creed-unity/pc-20009239), will allegedly take place in North America, feature nautical exploration, and star a playable Templar.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/p75x225/10152997_10152073576436633_315607814_n.jpg

GameBlog (http://www.gameblog.fr/chronique_706_assassin-s-creed-comet-sur-ps3-et-xbox-360-nos-infos-black-f) reported that Comet stars Shay, a sailor and Templar, which Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/sources-assassins-creed-comet-will-let-you-play-as-a-1552929846)corroborated with sources.
Kotaku also claims Comet will take players to 1758 New York, where Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (http://www.ign.com/games/assassins-creed-black-flag/pc-159976)'s Adewalé, Assassin's Creed III (http://www.ign.com/games/assassins-creed-iii/pc-137018)'s Haytham Kenway, and other familiar Assassin's Creed stars play various roles. Comet is, according to GameBlog, a direct sequel to Black Flag.

Source: http://go.ign.com/1m8wQIV

Since we are playing a Templar(if true), then we are most likely to hunt Connor too.

GunnerGalactico

I'm not so crazy about the title either.

Could be just a placeholder...

LOL :p

Wolfmeister1010
Haha great minds think alike, yes I suspect exactly this is what it is.

Great opportunity. Depends on the age of this character. Oh christ...Adewale dies before 1776 and this guy is a Templar oh god..... 1758-1776 sounds like a decent timeline as well theoretically for an AC story.

It literally works perfectly for us to interact with all of the AC3 characters lol.

Will_Lucky
03-27-2014, 07:59 PM
You never know, maybe the character looks up notices Halleys comet in the distance and has a great and wonderous realization about the life that falls before him, looks down and calmly states "May the father of understanding guide us".

You know an Edward Kenway realization in reverse :p.

Wolfmeister1010
03-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Since we are playing a Templar(if true), then we are most likely to hunt Connor too.

OHH maybe we play as Shay..hunting down CONNOR! the last Assassin! AWESOME. I love Connor, but seeing him as an "antagonist" would be AWESOME. I also think that Connor's story would actually end perfectly if he died. Maybe at the hands of Shay. To be honest, I believe Connor, just like John Marston and such, is one of those characters who isn't supposed to have a happy ending.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm kind of torn, of course I want to see Connor again, but also I just don't want his story rushed that wouldn't be deserving for his character.

Will_Lucky
03-27-2014, 08:03 PM
I also think that Connor's story would actually end perfectly if he died. Maybe at the hands of Shay. To be honest, I believe Connor, just like John Marston and such, is one of those characters who isn't supposed to have a happy ending.

Unfortunatly impossible, he is still alive in 1804 or supposedly. This guy would need to have one very long lifespan and then procreate to accomplish that. I don't think we will witness it, could we see Connor though? Definitely if this is a 25-30 year story.

Hans684
03-27-2014, 08:05 PM

Or play as Shay and hunt Connor down.

lothario-da-be
03-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Maybe this isn't an open world game that will feauture Shay, Adewalé, Haytham, Achillis, Connor and Edward :)

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 08:07 PM
You never know, maybe the character looks up notices Halleys comet in the distance and has a great and wonderous realization about the life that falls before him, looks down and calmly states "May the father of understanding guide us".

You know an Edward Kenway realization in reverse :p.

TBH.. I was also thinking about the Halley's comet reference, I think it refers to an event that might happen once in a lifetime perhaps or it could be something about Juno :p

Aphex_Tim
03-27-2014, 08:08 PM

You'd rather have Haytham build a time machine then?

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Connor can't be defeated by someone named "Shay" that would be just so unjust, AC3 & TOKW built Connor up to be a strong warrior - this speculation of him being killed so easily just doesn't fit Connor's story or his personality.

Aphex_Tim
03-27-2014, 08:14 PM
So, he could be defeated by someone NOT named Shay?
We have no clue who this Shay fella is or what he is capable of.

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Connor can't be defeated by someone named "Shay" that would be just so unjust, AC3 & TOKW built Connor up to be a strong warrior - this speculation of him being killed so easily just doesn't fit Connor's story or his personality.

That's true... it is not possible for Connor to have been killed in that timeline, he was still very much alive in the 1800's, he is definitely going to outlive Edward and Haytham.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 08:16 PM

Not to mention if this is even the character in the game itself lol

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Haytham is in it?

Now I have to buy it.

RoBg03
03-27-2014, 08:23 PM
If we're gonna see connor, he'll have to be pre assassin, unless they take us that far into future. he would be 2 in 1758 new york.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Exactly, I agree!

That's true... it is not possible for Connor to have been killed in that timeline, he was still very much alive in the 1800's, he is definitely going to outlive Edward and Haytham.
Agreed! :)

Not to mention if this is even the character in the game itself lol
Very true, all this is speculation at this point.

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 08:25 PM
I wonder what part of Haytham's life we'll be playing. I read forsaken and don't know how he'd manage to squeeze time in for this game's events.

or maybe they just retconned it like they did with Edward's hair color.

jayjay275
03-27-2014, 08:26 PM
I just can't put my finger on how and why ubisoft would bring out two AC games in one year. Sure there is the money, but damaging the franchise is more important.

RoBg03
03-27-2014, 08:27 PM
new york would be smaller than even ac3's embellished size in 1758...must be more locations, like we had in BF. hope we see philadelphia, my local city.

DavidPage
03-27-2014, 08:28 PM
I am somewhere between 85% and 90% percent convinced it's real considering Kotaku has a good record with Assassin's Creed leaks. Assassin's Creed III, IV Black Flag AND Unity. Comet must be real and it must be like Kotaku described it!

ze_topazio
03-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Could be kind of cool, we could see more of Haytham and Zio relationship, Charles Lee being the usual fanboy, perhaps hear some more of Benjamin Franklin sexy stories, and an entire sequence about invading the homestead and kill all the Assassins order 66 style.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 08:31 PM
If we're gonna see connor, he'll have to be pre assassin, unless they take us that far into future. he would be 2 in 1758 new york.
All speculation at this point, if this game were to follow some more events of Forsaken it might be interesting.. I'd like to see the moment when Kaniehtí:io tells Haytham she doesn't want to see him again after she found out he was a Templar.

Rugterwyper32
03-27-2014, 08:32 PM
new york would be smaller than even ac3's embellished size in 1758...must be more locations, like we had in BF. hope we see philadelphia, my local city.

I'd hope Philly makes it in as well, myself. New York could be both smaller and bigger at the same time, if you think about it. All the west New York area from AC3 would have actual buildings rather than just ruins, making it at least feel bigger, so there'd at least be that.
My hope, keep going down the coast with overall smaller cities and have at least New York, Philly, Charleston and St. Augustine. Perfect chance to reuse assets, too, so it could work.

DavidPage
03-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Could be kind of cool, we could see more of Haytham and Zio relationship, Charles Lee being the usual fanboy, perhaps hear some more of Benjamin Franklin sexy stories, and an entire sequence about invading the homestead and kill all the Assassins order 66 style.

I actually would really love this period! As you said Charles being the usual fanboy is awesome! Haytham and Ziio would be even greater and Ben just tops it all off! It's all more tight and friendly between them and it has that sense of nostalgia (boy I use that word often!) that you get when say thinking of what could have been if Anakin Skywalker hadn't succumbed to the Dark Side! You know? All friendly and stuff!

Kaschra
03-27-2014, 08:34 PM
You'd rather have Haytham build a time machine then?

Yes :p

I really love Haytham, but another game set in New York? Urgh. That city was so dull and boring :/
If it had to be America again, why couldn't they use a different city from the ones we got in AC3?
Well, IF this rumour is true, of course.

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 08:35 PM
All speculation at this point, if this game were to follow some more events of Forsaken it might be interesting.. I'd like to see the moment when Kaniehtí:io tells Haytham she doesn't want to see him again after she found out he was a Templar.

I'd also like to see Haytham's point of view, about finding out he has a son, writing his final journal entry and Connor finding out he had misjudged him.

ze_topazio
03-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Now if somehow they could sneakily included Lisbon as well before the earthquake of 1755. :cool:

But if they are going to use the Atlantic ocean, perhaps a city in the Azores or Madeira islands could appear, pirates attacked them quite often, or maybe Cabo Verde.

DavidPage
03-27-2014, 08:36 PM
AND let's not forget! Frontier! Only bigger! Because the Eastern Seaboard doesn't have the amount of islands that the Caribbean has, having three or four locations (NY, The Frontier - only a bigger, better version, a second city, maybe a third one and the open seas) would be great! I doubt that though...

RoBg03
03-27-2014, 08:38 PM

yeah that part was very un-explored, almost to the point where i thought it might be covered in a dlc. we get hints from hathem that it may have been more than a one time thing, but we really get no details.

DavidPage
03-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Now if somehow they could sneakily included Lisbon as well before the earthquake of 1755. :cool:

But if they are going to use the Atlantic ocean, perhaps a city in the Azores or Madeira islands could appear, pirates attacked them quite often, or maybe Cabo Verde.

You're right! They COULD use Spain or even London! Go UBI!!!

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Maybe they can actually put Philadelphia as a playable area, and they can include any missing events like the Great Fire of New York.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 08:43 PM

I'd also like to see Haytham's point of view, about finding out he has a son, writing his final journal entry and Connor finding out he had misjudged him.

Agreed!

ze_topazio
03-27-2014, 08:48 PM
You're right! They COULD use Spain or even London! Go UBI!!!

I forgot the Spanish Canary Islands, they could be used too.

If they used the Azores islands they could somehow explain how the historical Peter Francisco end up in America, for those who don't know him, he was a Portuguese kid kidnapped from the Azores, brought to American and eventually became a patriot hero in the Revolution.

souNdwAve89
03-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Whelp, the closet we have are these so far in reference to above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxUCr3eGRqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

DavidPage
03-27-2014, 09:01 PM
I forgot the Spanish Canary Islands, they could be used too.

If they used the Azores islands they could somehow explain how the historical Peter Francisco end up in America, for those who don't know him, he was a Portuguese kid kidnapped from the Azores, brought to American and eventually became a patriot hero in the Revolution.

If it fits the timeline it could be a mission! With being a Templar and all! Evil I tell you, EEEVIIIILL!!!

deskp
03-27-2014, 09:03 PM
I dont understand peoples complaints, this game serves a few purposes

1: feeding the gamers stuck in last generation consoles

2 feeding the people who hunger for more sailing gameplay.

It should also be noted this is the secondary game this year, if you complain about reused assets, locations etc. WELL then UNITY is for you!

DavidPage
03-27-2014, 09:04 PM
I dont understand peoples complaints, this game serves a few purposes

1: feeding the gamers stuck in last generation consoles

2 feeding the people who hunger for more sailing gameplay.

It should also be noted this is the secondary game this year, if you complain about reused assets, locations etc. WELL then UNITY is for you!

Exactly! It also is a little bit of fan serving with previous characters reappearing! I'm getting both! (IF it's all real... Well, here's hoping it is)

silvermercy
03-27-2014, 09:12 PM
OHH maybe we play as Shay..hunting down CONNOR! the last Assassin! AWESOME. I love Connor, but seeing him as an "antagonist" would be AWESOME. I also think that Connor's story would actually end perfectly if he died. Maybe at the hands of Shay. To be honest, I believe Connor, just like John Marston and such, is one of those characters who isn't supposed to have a happy ending.
No. NO. NOOOOOOO!!!

I'm a huge Connor fan but not a fan of "the tragic hero dies in the end" themes. In movies I don't really mind, but in games I do. Because 1) It's depressing (especially when you play games for fun and not for getting depressed) and 2) it just sounds so very cliched these days. So, anything but this. Otherwise I'm staying clear of this game, despite being one of the biggest Connor fangirls around. That speaks volumes how much I detest such a theme.

In fact, I think the opposite would suit him because he deserves it: the tragic hero finally finds happiness.

ArabianFrost
03-27-2014, 09:14 PM
So how in the hell are they gonna have a proper Naval experience off the American Coast? It's not like there are a bunch of inhabited islands infront of New York. Maybe there will be some ship battles there, but as far as I know, it will be absolutely dull otherwise. They could have at least reused a different part of the Caribbean for gameplay's sake.

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 09:18 PM
No. NO. NOOOOOOO!!!

I'm a huge Connor fan but not a fan of "the tragic hero dies in the end" themes. In movies I don't really mind, but in games I do. Because 1) It's depressing (especially when you play games for fun and not for getting depressed) and 2) it just sounds so very cliched these days. So, anything but this. Otherwise I'm staying clear of this game, despite being one of the biggest Connor fangirls around. That speaks volumes how much I detest such a theme.

In fact, I think the opposite would suit him because he deserves it: the tragic hero finally finds happiness.

I like the sound of that :p

lothario-da-be
03-27-2014, 09:22 PM
I rather see Connor built up a descent life.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Another moment from Forsaken that would be nice to see if this game is true.

yeah that part was very un-explored, almost to the point where i thought it might be covered in a dlc. we get hints from hathem that it may have been more than a one time thing, but we really get no details.
Agreed!

I'd also like to see Kaniehtí:io point-a-view, how did she find out Haytham was a templar? Also there are some hints in AC3 that Kaniehtí:io might have known Achilles and found out about Haytham was a templar from Achilles. Just a theory but would be nice to know.

No. NO. NOOOOOOO!!!

Totally Agreed with everything you said Sliver, well said!! :)

I rather see Connor built up a descent life.
Agreed :)

MasterAssasin84
03-27-2014, 09:28 PM
http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Assassins-Creed-Comet-Leak-2.jpg (http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Assassins-Creed-Comet-Leak-2.jpg)

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 09:33 PM
http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Assassins-Creed-Comet-Leak-2.jpg (http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Assassins-Creed-Comet-Leak-2.jpg)

It is still too soon to confirm anything, don't want to get my hopes up. I will believe it until Ubisoft confirms it themselves ;)

Radman500
03-27-2014, 09:36 PM
so we play as Shay

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 09:36 PM

It's a confirmed fake.

ArabianFrost
03-27-2014, 09:37 PM
No. NO. NOOOOOOO!!!

bot wot about ze emotional impact? either the hero dies, or half the cast does, that's the new rule in entertainment.

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 09:37 PM
So how in the hell are they gonna have a proper Naval experience off the American Coast? It's not like there are a bunch of inhabited islands infront of New York. Maybe there will be some ship battles there, but as far as I know, it will be absolutely dull otherwise. They could have at least reused a different part of the Caribbean for gameplay's sake.

they could go crab catching on the chesapeak :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 09:39 PM
It's a confirmed fake.

Hahaha!... thought as much. The information looks like it was copied from Initiates. :p

TheHumanTowel
03-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Colonial america

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110123033358/glee/images/f/f6/Boring.gif

silvermercy
03-27-2014, 09:43 PM
bot wot about ze emotional impact? either the hero dies, or half the cast does, that's the new rule in entertainment.
half ze cast. :p

lothario-da-be
03-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Colonial america

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110123033358/glee/images/f/f6/Boring.gif
I think this game will be more story focussed then location focussed.

ArabianFrost
03-27-2014, 09:45 PM
half ze cast. :p

oui oui

God imagine the accents in AC: Unity...we are gonna laugh our asses off.

lothario-da-be
03-27-2014, 09:49 PM
oui oui

Just French or no accent I hope. Mais on va voir!

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 09:50 PM
oui oui

Makes me wonder who will be voicing Arno. It better be a good voice actor :p

ArabianFrost
03-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Just French or no accent I hope. Mais on va voir!

oui

I'd definitely prefer AC1's accentless protagonist. French accents are just so humorous and incomprehensible for some reason, I can't really take speeches in the game seriously if they were said in French accents.

silvermercy
03-27-2014, 09:54 PM
oui oui

But It izz a way of taulking to paepawl around ze world, eet iz ze languidge of ze classics, and et iz ze languidge of luuv. Eet iz Uniteeh!!

deskp
I would want this game to wrap up the ramining last gen assassin.

I want to see the end of Edward, Connor and Aveline in this game. Wrap up another ac chapter like REVELATIONS+EMBERS did last time around.

I don't care if they use more memory discs or whatever, I just want to see these guys get proper endings outside of books. I dont want people to keep asking for more connorr game or whatever.

Calvarok
Interesting to see if they can more fully realize New York this time around.

lothario-da-be
03-27-2014, 09:55 PM
oui

I'd definitely prefer AC1's accentless protagonist. French accents are just so humorous and incomprehensible for some reason, I can't really take speeches in the game seriously if they were said in French accents.
Maybe some French accents here and there for other characters could be cool, but not for important scenes, stereotyping the French accent is so wrong. I still remember how i viewed French before I could speak it, it wasn't very positive...

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 09:58 PM
French accents are just so humorous and incomprehensible for some reason, I can't really take speeches in the game seriously if they were said in French accents.
I can just imagine Lafayette saying that word, it would be funny :D

A French AC game was bound to happen all we have to remember Ubisoft are a French company - stating the obvious. ;)

deskp
03-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Maybe some French accents here and there for other characters could be cool, but not for important scenes, stereotyping the French accent is so wrong. I still remember how i viewed French before I could speak it, it wasn't very positive...

Like the majority of Ubisoft are either french or french canadian so they should get genuine french accents going. Besides you can propably set the language option to french!

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 10:00 PM
I think that the main protagonist might definitely have a French accent because Ezio had an Italian accent and some Italian phrases in his dialogue.

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 10:01 PM
if connor dies in this I will send such a strongly worded letter to ubisoft! OOooo they'll never know what hit 'em. :mad:

:rolleyes:

But srsly Ubi don't kill connor

lothario-da-be
03-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Like the majority of Ubisoft are either french or french canadian so they should get genuine french accents going. Besides you can propably set the language option to french!
I am defenitly going to do that on my second playthrough.
And somewhat ALL movies and games get French voice over, damm language patriots. Hate that.
No offence to French people though, but this is something that can irritate me.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 10:02 PM
if connor dies in this I will send such a strongly worded letter to ubisoft! OOooo they'll never know what hit 'em. :mad:

Totally Agreed :)

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm super excited to play as a templar.

Has this leak been confirmed or debunked yet? I don't want to get my hopes up about Haytham. :(

MasterAssasin84
03-27-2014, 10:06 PM
It's a confirmed fake.

Confirmed by whom ?

Moderators do have private discussion threads away from our prying eye's ;)

I am not saying it is or it is not ?

It was the same thing when the French Revolution rumours and web links was plastered all over the forums with most members of the community swearing by the grace god it is fake purely because its obvious AC5 will be in London !!

ze_topazio
03-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Connor will never die, he's immortal, in fact he has been present since AC2, after a plastic surgery and sex change he now goes by the name Rebecca, I was told this in a plane, it's supposed to be the big twist of AC6, the ancestor story will be in the Titanic btw.

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Connor will never die, he's immortal, in fact he has been present since AC2, after a plastic surgery and sex change he now goes by the name Rebecca, I was told this in a plane, it's supposed to be the big twist of AC6, the ancestor story will be in the Titanic btw.

This is confirmed. My french toast told me.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Confirmed by whom ?

Moderators do have private discussion threads away from our prying eye's ;)

I am not saying it is or it is not ?

It was the same thing when the French Revolution rumours and web links was plastered all over the forums with most members of the community swearing by the grace god it is fake purely because its obvious AC5 will be in London !!

Mr. Shade didn't make an obvious comment; he said to use your common sense... and the 'PR' has basically been copied off of Initiaties.

TheHumanTowel
03-27-2014, 10:10 PM

Connor's been dead for hundreds of years

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 10:12 PM
Connor's been dead for hundreds of years

Well yeah but when you put it in that perspective everyone except for people in modern day is dead :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
03-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Connor never actually existed. :cool:

Yelorova
03-27-2014, 10:18 PM
If this rumors are true, gotta admit that I'm pretty disappointed, at least I'm hoping to see my favourite assassin again, sr Ratonhnhaké:ton.

frodrigues55
03-27-2014, 10:26 PM
It sounds like a half-assed afterthought, which leads me to think old-gen users will be stuck with a buggy collage of recicled assets including one of the series least popular cities.

Of course I have nothing to base this negative perspective on other than the rumors, but it seems to come from 2 different sources. And Kotaku has already proven itself as a reliable one.

However, as it's not the only AC coming out this year, I don't really mind if Comet sounds me. Hopefully it will let us see the fall of the brotherhood with an unique perspective, which will compensate for the lack of gameplay innovations. I'm quite curious about it even though I don't have a lot of expectations.

frodrigues55
03-27-2014, 10:28 PM
There are two threads about the same thing :p The other one is slightly more complete, though.

My opinion on the rumors:

It sounds like a half-assed afterthought, which leads me to think old-gen users will be stuck with a buggy mess put together with used assets including one of the series least popular cities.

However, as it's not the only AC coming out this year, I don't really mind if Comet sounds meh. Hopefully it will let us see the fall of the brotherhood with an unique perspective, which will compensate for the lack of gameplay innovations. I'm quite curious about it even though I don't have a lot of expectations.

rprkjj
03-27-2014, 10:31 PM
I wanna see where they go with the sailing, and story which sounds interesting, but I'll wait till I see it.

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 10:39 PM
There are two threads about the same thing :p The other one is slightly more complete, though.

My opinion on the rumors:

It sounds like a half-assed afterthought, which leads me to think old-gen users will be stuck with a buggy mess put together with used assets including one of the series least popular cities.

However, as it's not the only AC coming out this year, I don't really mind if Comet sounds me. Hopefully it will let us see the fall of the brotherhood with an unique perspective, which will compensate for the lack of gameplay innovations. I'm quite curious about it even though I don't have a lot of expectations.

yeah I agree. It's like ubisoft were like

"We need a game for last gen"

"eh **** it. we have these boats mechanics people liked. let's just put that in there. and sail in america with some recognizable characters like ade and haytham. oh and to make it unique let's make the main character a templar."

"yeah i guess that could work"

and the whole development team sipped their drinks in contempt silence.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Connor never actually existed. :cool:
I went to our annual pow wow last summer, and saw a guy who resembled Connor, blew my mind - I had to double take. ;)

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 10:46 PM
I went to our annual pow wow last summer, and saw a guy who resembled Connor, blew my mind - I had to double take. ;)

I can imagine http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/l/love2.gif

Mr.GoodKall
03-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I wish people would stop making threads about the same topic. There are 10 threads about Comet being a naval pirates game. This is old news

Philliesfan377
03-27-2014, 10:50 PM

Thats my main problem with this. I'm very interested in the colonial America story and would love to see characters like Haytham, Achilles and Connor again, but it just won't be as impressive as AC Unity. I'd much rather put my money on a shiny new next-gen only game.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I can imagine http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/l/love2.gif
I'm hoping he's there this summer's pow wow, hopefully I'll get to talk to him this time. :o

GunnerGalactico
03-27-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm hoping he's there this summer's pow wow, hopefully I'll get to talk to him this time. :o

If I were you... I would never pass up the opportunity :p

Legendz54
03-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Haytham, Achilles, Adewale in the game?? And maybe Connor?? Playable Templar??? SOLD.

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 11:04 PM
can someone tell me what would be unique about the era this last gen would be taking place in?

Rugterwyper32
03-27-2014, 11:14 PM
I'll just put my guess here: Chances are, this is being made by Ubisoft Sofia. It would make sense to me. Start small with Assassin's Creed: Liberation, then get the hang of working with current gen consoles with Liberation HD, and now go for a fuller game. I think that will very much be the case. This would work for them: The 3DS, while a great console, probably wouldn't work that well with AC, the Vita isn't exactly doing amazing, but the PS360 duo is still doing pretty damn well. If there's any chances they'd take, it's there. No portable game this year unlike many previous years, but this game will cover for it. That I'm sure of.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 11:15 PM
If I were you... I would never pass up the opportunity :p
You're right about that! The guy had the same build as Connor as well that's what made me blew my mind. :o

Yeah I'm not gonna pass the opportunity again, if he's there this year ;)

----------

Anyway this is was kind off-topic :o :eek:

deskp
03-27-2014, 11:15 PM
can someone tell me what would be unique about the era this last gen would be taking place in?

Its not suppsoed to be unique.....

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 11:21 PM
I'll just put my guess here: Chances are, this is being made by Ubisoft Sofia. It would make sense to me. Start small with Assassin's Creed: Liberation, then get the hang of working with current gen consoles with Liberation HD, and now go for a fuller game. I think that will very much be the case. This would work for them: The 3DS, while a great console, probably wouldn't work that well with AC, the Vita isn't exactly doing amazing, but the PS360 duo is still doing pretty damn well. If there's any chances they'd take, it's there. No portable game this year unlike many previous years, but this game will cover for it. That I'm sure of.

Oh god.

Ubisoft Sofia....

They didn't do very well with liberation IMO.

Plot-wise anyway.

Its not suppsoed to be unique.....

But usually AC games have unique time periods or settings like golden age of piracy or american revolutiion

deskp
03-27-2014, 11:32 PM
But usually AC games have unique time periods or settings like golden age of piracy or american revolutiion

Brootherhood didn't really, And this game sounds very much like another brootherhood type situation.

Besides new york is one of the locations. with the sailing stuff they can go anywhere they feel like including..

Perk89
03-27-2014, 11:35 PM
New York is one of the better AC cities, so I'm alright with seeing it again as long as there are additional cities. It also needs to be a little deeper. Shops shouldn't be the only indoor buildings. It's time we've reach that point in the series. The thought of an Adewale/Haytham meeting would be great.

Beyond that, though, I don't care for much else. Playing as a Templar sounds pretty boring barring a reformation during the plot, and then, I don't understand why it's so hard to just have an Assassins Creed game where we play as an Assassin, who is part of a brotherhood of Assassins. A return to that would be nice.

Perk89
03-27-2014, 11:36 PM
eeesh Liberation was terribad.

JustPlainQuirky
03-27-2014, 11:41 PM
I mean, we've been to new york before...I prefer some place new... :(

Dome500
03-28-2014, 12:02 AM
It's really to early to jump to conclusions.

But - just hypothetically - if this was true, meh.

Depends on the amount of naval gameplay we get. I hope to have at least 70% at land. Achilles and Haytham cameos would be cool, maybe also an explanation or an insight on why and how Charles Lees personality changed between the time where we played Haytham and the time we started with Connor. New York again would be a little bit broing though. But if they manage to pull the Stealth off and do not repeat the mistakes of AC3 then I could imagine playing it when it drops to 20 bucks. Not before. Sorry, but if it was something NEW I might give it more of a chance, and playing a Templar also sounds very cool, but New York and Naval again? Idk....

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 12:07 AM
New York before great fire sounds good. But playing as a Templar again urhm.... not feeling it. AC3 never-ending Templar prologue kinda filled up my desire to play as a Templar for at least another decade, if not forever. Also, how many prequels AC3 will get lol? xP It's kinda like they're rubbing it into wounds of Raton fans waiting for a sequel xD

Assassin_M
03-28-2014, 12:14 AM
New York before great fire sounds good. But playing as a Templar again urhm.... not feeling it. AC3 never-ending Templar prologue kinda filled up my desire to play as a Templar for at least another decade, if not forever. Also, how many prequels AC3 will get lol? xP It's kinda like they're rubbing it into wounds of Raton fans waiting for a sequel xD
1715, 1717, 1718, 1721, 1758 ----------------------------------------------------- 1789 in France..

SixKeys
03-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Of all the rumors we've heard so far, this would be the worst if true.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 12:50 AM
Of all the rumors we've heard so far, this would be the worst if true.
We'll see if it gets confirmed though everyone have to admit Kotaku's sources on AC franchise have been very accurate

Calvarok
03-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Haytham's prologue went a bit long, (and I think AC3 is far better paced as soon as it gets to Connor), but they by no means explored everything that a Templar game could. It didn't even acknowledge the templarness until the end...

SixKeys
03-28-2014, 12:54 AM
We'll see if it gets confirmed though everyone have to admit Kotaku's sources on AC franchise have been very accurate

It would kinda make sense with some of the things I've been hearing, but we'll see. I hope it isn't true. :/

Assassin_M
03-28-2014, 12:56 AM
It would kinda make sense with some of the things I've been hearing, but we'll see. I hope it isn't true. :/
Wouldn't that be good, though? you'd only have to buy one AC game this year...

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 12:57 AM
1789 in France..
Which cannot be classified as AC3 sequel even if Raton appears in cameo :rolleyes:

Haytham's prologue went a bit long, but it by no means explored everything that a Templar game could. It didn't even acknowledge the templarness until the end...
I'm totally admitting that I'm just biased here. It's how calculated it was that rubs me the wrong way.

In any case, I wonder which cities we're gonna visit. Even AC4 had 3 'main' ones. Assuming NY is correct, I REALLY doubt the other 1/2 would be recycled as well, that would be just too much. So what are other candidates? London if it's pan-atlantic game could work I guess, but London's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Lisbon could be a good guess someone already suggested, would feel very different to NY as well

SixKeys
03-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Wouldn't that be good, though? you'd only have to buy one AC game this year...

True, if this rumor were true it sounds like something I would skip, at least until the price dropped significantly. Unity better be worth the wait though.

Dome500
03-28-2014, 01:02 AM
True, if this rumor were true it sounds like something I would skip, at least until the price dropped significantly. Unity better be worth the wait though.

Agreed. I would also wait for a significant price drop until it's around 15 - 20 bucks.

The idea of playing a Templar sounds VERY interesting, but the res (NY + Naval) sounds boring, so I would just buy Unity and wait for the game to significantly drop in price.

SixKeys
03-28-2014, 01:04 AM
Agreed. I would also wait for a significant price drop until it's around 15 - 20 bucks.

The idea of playing a Templar sounds VERY interesting, but the res (NY + Naval) sounds boring, so I would just buy Unity and wait for the game to significantly drop in price.

I would be very disappointed if they wasted an opportunity to play as a Templar for a last-gen game, especially one that sounds this boring.

Rugterwyper32
03-28-2014, 01:07 AM
I'm totally admitting that I'm just biased here. It's how calculated it was that rubs me the wrong way.

In any case, I wonder which cities we're gonna visit. Even AC4 had 3 'main' ones. Assuming NY is correct, I REALLY doubt the other 1/2 would be recycled as well, that would be just too much. So what are other candidates? London if it's pan-atlantic game could work I guess, but London's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Lisbon could be a good guess someone already suggested, would feel very different to NY as well

My best guess here is any combination of Philadelphia/Baltimore/Charleston/St Augustine. They can make all 4 work with assets they have and stick around the US coast only. At most I can see them moving all the way to Quebec City in Canada, but that's pushing it. Still a good possibility though.

Shahkulu101
03-28-2014, 01:10 AM
Maybe we will play as an undercover Templar infiltrating the Assassin's from within. That way, they could justify the character wearing Assassin robes (because ubi will do that - they know how stupidly entitled their fanbase is) and the general 'Assassin' gameplay. He could rise slowly through the ranks, perhaps his loyalties will get strained and he'll turn or make the hard decision to preserve his conviction to the Templar's. Or he's a cold bastard that gets the job done. And no, he wouldn't go about killing his own Templar brethren - he could investigate and stuff or kill dubious individuals outwith the two orders. As well as killing Assassin's for the Templar's - unseen of course.

DumbGamerTag94
03-28-2014, 02:01 AM
I really hope this is not true because it's probably the worst rumor I've heard. This is probably the one thing that would make me actively avoid an installment of the AC franchise. All I can say is thankfully AC Unity has already been revealed and that at least looks incredibly good! So if that's the only game this year I'm pretty happy, and if this is really the elusive/rumored second game for this year, then it looks like I'm going to have to pass on this one.

frodrigues55
03-28-2014, 02:03 AM
^ That sounds good.

I'm pretty sure after a few gameplay trailers and interviews we will be all excited for it :p Unless it's something crappy like Liberations HD.

Assassin_M
03-28-2014, 02:04 AM
Good, Abstergo good, keep being negative...we'll force them to reveal a trailer again

frodrigues55
03-28-2014, 02:08 AM
It's really to early to jump to conclusions.

But - just hypothetically - if this was true, meh.

Depends on the amount of naval gameplay we get. I hope to have at least 70% at land. Achilles and Haytham cameos would be cool, maybe also an explanation or an insight on why and how Charles Lees personality changed between the time where we played Haytham and the time we started with Connor. New York again would be a little bit broing though. But if they manage to pull the Stealth off and do not repeat the mistakes of AC3 then I could imagine playing it when it drops to 20 bucks. Not before. Sorry, but if it was something NEW I might give it more of a chance, and playing a Templar also sounds very cool, but New York and Naval again? Idk....

Yeah, I'm not sure I want to go all naval again, but I'm just glad it's not for Unity, which, as far as I think, it's the main AC this year. I think the recurring characters will be a cute nod to fans, it doesn't bother me much. Brotherhood has the entire AC2 cast all over again, it had hardly any difference (apart from the genious Brotherhood system) and it is still the favorite for a lot of people.

But New York again.... :confused: That's what bugs me the most. Why would they do that? We already played in New York. Actually, a lot of people didn't even like playing there. I wonder what's gonna be new in terms of gameplay and why the game will take us back there.

frodrigues55
03-28-2014, 02:11 AM
Good, Abstergo good, keep being negative...we'll force them to reveal a trailer again

It doesn't take much effort tbh, I'm pretty sure "we are going back to North America!" demands damadge control all on its own

DumbGamerTag94
03-28-2014, 02:39 AM

I really hope that this rumor isn't true, but since I like to theorize I will entertain the idea for a while(even if I am fairly certain its fake cuz everything just feels wrong about it). But anyway we supposedly have New York again. And the year is 1758ish. So French and Indian Wars period(same as Haytham's sequences in AC3 which also makes this sound fishy to me). Our character is some kind of pirate/privateer, and since its set in British North America the most logical Cities would be.....Philadelphia, Charleston, New York, Boston, and since its the 7 years war probably Canada will be a big deal so probably Quebec, and for trans Atlantic purposes only Paris and London make sense.
Now eliminate those that don't belong/fit

Philadelphia-Largest city of the Colonies. However not very much of a major port, it is a port city, but requires sailing up the Delaware River to access. Also if they were going to use Philadelphia it would have been in AC3. The Revolution was Philly's crown jewel. Philly didn't have much to do with the 7 years war so would be uneventful, and unrelated to a plot involving both privateers and the war so I would rule this one out.

Charleston-Largest Southern Port in the Colonies, known to be home to pirates(Blackbeard). We tried to steal medicine from here in AC4 when it was still called "Charlestowne" Different more swampy/southern feel, would diversify the cities of the game, and also tie in the Caribbean setting of AC4 with the New England Setting of AC3(serve as a kind of half way/transition city between the settings. This is a likely contender.

New York-Major Sea port, (supposedly already confirmed), home to pirates(William Kidd). Likely would be in the game, but has been used before(just another reason I think this is fake)

Boston-We already saw Boston HEAVILY in AC3 so I HIGHLY doubt it would be in another game.

Quebec-Gives us the French side of the 7years war, French style architecture adds more diversity to setting, Sort of a port city(by way of St. Laurence River). Would be a French link to AC Unity, the could probably reuse some assets from Paris etc. Likely a city to be in a game of this description.

Paris-Nah not gonna happen, too big, and already being covered in a game this year.

London- Would make sense for the period and theme of the rumored game, but is also too big, and would be completely wasted on a story that would be mostly focused on North America. So I have to say this is unlikely.

So best contenders are Charleston, New York, and Quebec

My only hope is that if this thing is real it fills in the plot holes from AC3. Who's the dude in the theater? Why do all the Templars seem to change? Why was Connor's village attacked by Washington's order if they were supposedly neutral? Were there braves fighting with the French? Did Lee lie and convince Washington to let him attack? What's the deal with Ben Church's split with the Templars? Maybe we'll see what happened to the Assassin's when Haytham began hunting them down. (if these subjects are addressed then I might possibly get interested in this) But I doubt this is even real I was just bored so thought I would speculate a little.

DumbGamerTag94
03-28-2014, 02:59 AM
It doesn't take much effort tbh, I'm pretty sure "we are going back to North America!" demands damadge control all on its own

I'm not so much bothered by North America. I'm more bothered that it would be like recycling AC4 and AC3's aspects, and just making literally the same games again, but combined together. I really wouldn't Mind North America again if it was a completely different era. Either 100 years forward or backward it would have a different feel if it was the Civil War or 1600s Colonization period(which would honestly be better suited to South America, But since Mexico is North American I guess Colonization is somewhat relevant to North America).

The only exception I would make to set it in North America again during the same period would be for a Connor sequel set during the Indian Wars and War of 1812. That I would be ok with but at this rate they are going to milk North America's major historic eras dry 3 years in a row, and people won't ever want to see a North American setting ever again out of sheer overexposure. (Kind of the Way I started to feel about Renaissance Italy after Brotherhood, and then it was announced Ezio would get a 3rd game I got very concerned(thankfully they set that one in Constantinople so I didn't get too mad)

RzaRecta357
03-28-2014, 03:51 AM
So, I'm excited about being a templar and seeing it from their angle but at the same time I wish this was about Adewale's Son. They're saying it's going to start with this Templar mutiny-ing Adewale.. That's messed up!

Anyway, at least we know this game is named after Halley's Comet now.

SteelCity999
03-28-2014, 04:29 AM
So, we will get the New York that they couldn't get to work in AC3 (pre-fire), find out Achilles is really Adewale that had to change his name and identity to hide from the Templars, have some magic rocks shear off of Haley's Comet, and get multiplayer naval battles (which was abandoned in BF because of time)...and and everything else they couldn't get to work in AC3. Sounds fun.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 04:32 AM
BOOO THIS IDEA SUCKS

BOO 'MURICA

WE WUNT CULCHURE

NOW REVEAL A TRAILER SO WE CAN BE HYPED AND SPECULATE

hue hue hue

Layytez
03-28-2014, 04:38 AM
How many of you are actually excited about this ?

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 04:49 AM
How many of you are actually excited about this ?

Ehhh somewhat.

I like haytham and also would love to play as a templar, but I read forsaken and know his involvement would be VERY limited. Plus, not like it changes the fact that he dies or anything. Unless Ubisoft retcon his death.

So unless Haytham's death is retconned or something equally shocking happens (like assassins reincarnating into the modern day), I won't be anticipating much.

pacmanate
03-28-2014, 05:04 AM
No Connor :)

STDlyMcStudpants
03-28-2014, 05:21 AM
boooooooo
I dont want to play as a templar.

Layytez
03-28-2014, 05:26 AM
Templar ? Sure. Previously visited areas and time periods ? Ah...

D.I.D.
03-28-2014, 05:28 AM
Kotaku an their usual trash lol

I'll only believe this once we see a trailer for Comet.

Kotaku is one of the best games sites out there, to be honest. I'm not sure what caused this forum to get a stick up its arse about Kotaku, apart from mixed reactions among the staff to a couple of AC games that most of us seem to agree these days were in fact pretty bad, but you really ought to reconsider this knee-jerk reaction. They're actually very accurate and have a great record of finding interesting things to say about the subject of games. Aside from Polygon, there's no other site that pushes harder for political and intellectual change within gaming, and Polygon itself is mostly ex-Kotaku staff. Well worth reading, I think, and you should give it another try.

BATISTABUS
03-28-2014, 05:31 AM
If this is true, I have to say that I'm not impressed.

1. We just had a naval game. It was great, but I've had my fill for a while.
2. They're having a game in the same location as AC3 but it doesn't star Connor.
3. They're actually doing a Templar game (awesome), but they seem to be doing this on their last attempt to cash in on this gen (lame).

Ugh. Hopefully we start hearing details soon.

I-Like-Pie45
03-28-2014, 05:38 AM
If this is true, I have to say that I'm not impressed.

1. We just had a naval game. It was great, but I've had my fill for a while.
2. They're having a game in the same location as AC3 but it doesn't star Connor.
3. They're actually doing a Templar game (awesome), but they seem to be doing this on their last attempt to cash in on this gen (lame).

Ugh. Hopefully we start hearing details soon.

tumblr is going to be up in flames

I-Like-Pie45
03-28-2014, 05:47 AM
Polygon is also a terrible site

Fat bunch of click *****s - both of them

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-28-2014, 06:26 AM
Skip. 'Nuff said.

souNdwAve89
03-28-2014, 06:27 AM
tumblr is going to be up in flames

lol, the gaming community will be up in flames if Connor does return. Waiting for more of Kotaku's fishing articles on why Connor sucks.

LoyalACFan
03-28-2014, 06:32 AM
Meh. If it's even true, it sounds kinda lame. And predictable; Shay kills Adewale and helps Haytham destroy the Assassins, with some (likely halfassed) Connor fan service thrown in.

I liked the Eseosa theory a lot better.

souNdwAve89
03-28-2014, 06:35 AM
Sort of. Kotaku is just a sub section for their overall blog site. They try to grab web site hits with sensational titles sometimes. If you need evidence, you can Google their anti-eSports article, which is bias. Their opinion is not the problem. It's the fact that a lot of their writers are sometimes ignorant. It's like talking to a friend that didn't really pay attention during a movie, but later complain how so and so didn't make sense, when it actually did. Some of their leaks, anonymous sources, etc are from their tip lines. Not as if they're good detectives.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 06:43 AM
Meh. If it's even true, it sounds kinda lame. And predictable; Shay kills Adewale and helps Haytham destroy the Assassins, with some (likely halfassed) Connor fan service thrown in.

I liked the Eseosa theory a lot better.

Yeah this exactly.....

lacks interesting setting or possible plot twist.

Unless they can make up with it with the modern day some how

Consus_E
03-28-2014, 06:51 AM
Aaaaand I've lost interest in Comet... (assuming this rumor is true)

shobhit7777777
03-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Cool

Naval was fun in Black Flags....I'm glad they are rolling with it in a spin-offish game. New York though...ugh

Anyway, this is good news (If it is indeed true) - You have the main ASSASSIN experience on current gen (Unity) and at the same time Ubi is capitalizing on the awesome naval feature introduced in AC3. Win-Win I guess

Besides, Comet can't possibly be worse than AC4....and AC4 was a damn fine game.

Be nice to play as a Templar again...and I'll be picking this up for Haytham...and hopefully Connor will pop in at some time

poptartz20
03-28-2014, 10:22 AM
in away.. I'm proud of ubisoft.

They have showed great conviction, strength, courage. . . All noble qualities.

I should have stop playing long ago.

yeah.. really. I can't say I'm really mad at this but I can see why others would be disappointed. All I have to say is HAYTHAM. I will flip if he comes back *cries* I just want the kenway family again. If this is true. (which Kotaku has been pretty accurate) I'll play for sure. I've actually been curious when they would play on the templar end again.

rprkjj
03-28-2014, 11:25 AM
People realize this is taking a back seat to Unity? We get TWO AC's this year, and ONE of them doesn't sound that great. Although I guess this is the main release if you can't afford current-gen.

frodrigues55
03-28-2014, 12:11 PM
People realize this is taking a back seat to Unity? We get TWO AC's this year, and ONE of them doesn't sound that great. Although I guess this is the main release if you can't afford current-gen.

Yeah, it's probably a secondary game for the franchise as a whole. Comet sounds bad just from the tittle alone. But it is the main game for a lot of people, that's why people are concerned, I think. The biggest sales for Black Flag came from old gen, right? So the public is still there.

Of course we are all basing on this rumor alone, so it might end up being the best AC ever for all we know.

Kotaku is one of the best games sites out there, to be honest. I'm not sure what caused this forum to get a stick up its arse about Kotaku, apart from mixed reactions among the staff to a couple of AC games that most of us seem to agree these days were in fact pretty bad, but you really ought to reconsider this knee-jerk reaction. They're actually very accurate and have a great record of finding interesting things to say about the subject of games. Aside from Polygon, there's no other site that pushes harder for political and intellectual change within gaming, and Polygon itself is mostly ex-Kotaku staff. Well worth reading, I think, and you should give it another try.

Yeah, Kotaku is pretty reliable when it comes to AC. I think adventurewoman is just upset that the most solid rumor about Comet mentions the cast from the AC3 except Connor, unlike the other random leaks we have had ;) She was excited about those even though they came from nowhere we know.

rprkjj
03-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Yeah, it's probably a secondary game for the franchise as a whole. Comet sounds bad just from the tittle alone. But it is the main game for a lot of people, that's why people are concerned, I think. The biggest sales for Black Flag came from old gen, right? So the public is still there.

Of course we are all basing on this rumor alone, so it might end up being the best AC ever for all we know.

Yeah, Kotaku is pretty reliable when it comes to AC. I think adventurewoman is just upset that the most solid rumor about Comet mentions the cast from the AC3 except Connor, unlike the other random leaks we have had ;) She was excited about those even though they came from nowhere we know.

It's a while until release, hopefully people can save up for a XB1/PS4. It'll be worth it in the long run.

The Unity leak said Connor would make some appearance. It was probably a controlled leak, so they may have thrown in some stuff thats just for kindling, but if Connor is one of them, people will be pissed.

SixKeys
03-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Besides, Comet can't possibly be worse than AC4....and AC4 was a damn fine game.

What makes you think it can't be worse? AC4 was actually surprisingly good in terms of quality. Comet is being handled by a completely different team, with entirely different goals, AND it sounds like it'll be reusing assets like woah.

Farlander1991
03-28-2014, 02:24 PM
AND it sounds like it'll be reusing assets like woah.

An already existing AC game which reused assets like woah ranks top among many of the AC fan lists, if not for story, then for overall gameplay experience, so I don't think that should be considered a negative factor at all ;)

What matters is the team and what it's going to do with that.

dxsxhxcx
03-28-2014, 03:06 PM
An already existing AC game which reused assets like woah ranks top among many of the AC fan lists, if not for story, then for overall gameplay experience, so I don't think that should be considered a negative factor at all ;)

those were other times though, and unfortunately (for me) I'm not among those people, IMO Rome was a boring setting and the USA will probably be boring (again) and I doubt the focus on the naval mechanic (again) will be able to hide that, Black Flag had the advantage of explore the Pirate theme that many people love, now it's a completely different story..

all of this, of course, based on the assumption that this leak is true.. :)

Dome500
03-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah, here are the pros and cons if the rumor is true:

Pros:

Templar Game (I SO wanted this for a long time)
Haytham, Adewale and maybe Achilles cameo
Being able to see how the Assassins got beaten before the time of Connors role in AC3
Better graphics and mechanics then AC3

Cons:

Lots of re-used assets
Naval Gameplay.... AGAIN
Potentially re-used cities (New York)
A full priced game, although it's re-using most assets of previous games
North America.... AGAIN
Directly competes with AC Unity (which has a unique setting, new protagonist, next gen graphics and mechanics)

So my conclusion:

IF the rumors are true, this game might be better than AC Liberation, but it will play close to the level of Freedom Cry for me, that being that I will buy it when it's around 20 bucks. It's a nice addition to the series, but neither the story, not the cities nor the actual gameplay will be a change from the old games, and therefore it is not necessary to buy it right away.

IF the rumors are true.

Dome500
03-28-2014, 03:30 PM
those were other times though, and unfortunately (for me) I'm not among those people, IMO Rome was a boring setting and the USA will probably be boring (again) and I doubt the focus on the naval mechanic (again) will be able to hide that, Black Flag had the advantage of explore the Pirate theme that many people loves, now it's a completely different story.. :p

all of this, of course, based on the assumption that the leaks are true.. :)

Actually I also think along these lines.
Brotherhood is actually one of the worst games for me personally, not because it would be bad, but because it re-used almost all the assets of AC2.

Among the "best ranking" games for me are:

AC1, AC2 and AC4

ACR was okay, ACB was not innovative enough (did re-use to many assets) although not a bad game and AC3 was a disaster (story, broken stealth, shoehorning, etc.) (though I liked the visual design of the cities).

Will_Lucky
03-28-2014, 04:28 PM

Pros:

Templar Game (I SO wanted this for a long time)
Haytham, Adewale and maybe Achilles cameo
Being able to see how the Assassins got beaten before the time of Connors role in AC3

Cons:

Lots of re-used assets
Naval Gameplay.... AGAIN
Potentially re-used cities (New York)
A full priced game, although it's re-using most assets of previous games
North America.... AGAIN
Directly competes with AC Unity (which has a unique setting, new protagonist, next gen graphics and mechanics)

So my conclusion:

IF the rumors are true, this game might be better than AC Liberation, but it will play close to the level of Freedom Cry for me, that being that I will buy it when it's around 20 bucks. It's a nice addition to the series, but neither the story, not the cities nor the actual gameplay will be a change from the old games, and therefore it is not necessary to buy it right away.

IF the rumors are true.

Actually it might not have better graphics than AC3, AC3 and 4 well pushed the current gen to their limits. It will equal if not worse.

We don't know the cost yet of the game either, but then again when Konami can charge $30 for a 10 minute mission anything goes I guess.

And it isn't quite direct competition given they are on different platforms. I intend to sacrifice a game purchase in order to get both. Although I would much prefer to have both on the PS4. I bought a Vita for Liberation I'll buy two games again if I have to.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 05:04 PM
in away.. I'm proud of ubisoft.

They have showed great conviction, strength, courage. . . All noble qualities.

I should have stop playing long ago.

yeah.. really. I can't say I'm really mad at this but I can see why others would be disappointed. All I have to say is HAYTHAM. I will flip if he comes back *cries* I just want the kenway family again. If this is true. (which Kotaku has been pretty accurate) I'll play for sure. I've actually been curious when they would play on the templar end again.

Had to LOL at this :D

>_>

<_<

Ó:nen ki' wáhi Ubisoft :p

But Kotaku's only been accurate depending on the leaks they get, so they technically don't get all the credit.

Dome500
03-28-2014, 05:11 PM
We don't know the cost yet of the game either, but then again when Konami can charge $30 for a 10 minute mission anything goes I guess.

Don't criticize MGSV:GZ please. I know if you look at the story it's basically just a "demo", but the gameplay freedom and replayability is just amazing.
I'd say it's worth ~ 20 €/$

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 05:11 PM
I have honestly no idea how Ubisoft will put a twist on this to make it interesting. What would be their selling point?

Sure there's Haytham but that's not enough to sell. I mean we all know what happens to him anyway. And not too many people care about Ade.

Only selling point I could think of is "you play as a templar" which isn't much. We played as one before. Not much of a difference from assassins if AC3 taught me anything.

The name Templar isn't enough to sell. And ship mechanics returning surely isn't going to convince me otherwise.

Needs something more.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 05:16 PM
I have honestly no idea how Ubisoft will put a twist on this to make it interesting. What would be their selling point?

Sure there's Haytham but that's not enough to sell. I mean we all know what happens to him anyway. And not too many people care about Ade.

Only selling point I could think of is "you play as a templar" which isn't much. We played as one before. Not much of a difference from assassins if AC3 taught me anything.

The name Templar isn't enough to sell. And ship mechanics returning surely isn't going to convince me otherwise.

Needs something more.

True, maybe they'll just add an unknown party that they never mentioned where you get to play as a Templar? It would be a **** move IMO but that's probably the only way they'll get more people interested in going to North America again

SixKeys
03-28-2014, 05:21 PM

ACB was the first one and we all thought it would be a one-off while they worked on AC3. ACB and to an extent ACR got away with it because the annual release cycle took the devs by surprise and they were given less than a year to come up with something. Ever since then they've sworn each new game has been in development for at least 2 years. If the rumor is true, Comet doesn't sound like a game where the 2-year development time is justified. They're bringing back the same characters and even one of the same cities. At least ACB gave us Rome.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-28-2014, 05:25 PM
This feels like such a giant slap in the face
Altair - 1 billion games
Ezio - 1 billion games and a movie
Edward - 1 game + Book of his life
Adawale - 2 games now
Connor - 1 game and a lazy appearance in liberation.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 05:33 PM
This feels like such a giant slap in the face
Altair - 1 billion games
Ezio - 1 billion games and a movie
Edward - 1 game + Book of his life
Adawale - 2 games now
Connor - 1 game and a lazy appearance in liberation.

Let's not forget Haytham:

*copy and paste*

Altair:
AC (beginning)
AC: Bloodlines
AC: Altair Chronicles
AC: Revelations (conclusion)

Ezio:
AC: Lineage (beginning)
ACII
AC: Brotherhood
AC: Revelations
AC: Embers (conclusion)

Connor:
ACIII (beginning)
? (conclusion)

Edward Kenway:
AC IV: Black Flag (beginning)
AC: Forsaken (conclusion)

Haytham Kenway:
AC: Forsaken (beginning/conclusion)
ACIII (conclusion)

STDlyMcStudpants
03-28-2014, 05:35 PM

Pros:

Cons:
[
North America.... AGAIN

- Better graphics and mechanics than AC3 - LOL not gonna happen....
- Why is North America a bad thing? I hope you meant to say New York mid 1700s AGAIN...because North American history has many great opportunities to deliver a great AC game...
- Saying Comet competes with Unity is like saying Liberation competed with AC3...you dont have to choose one or the other.... like libertaion, ACC is VERY skippable and they are on completely different platforms....
BUT I personally do not pay $60 for filler games..never have, never will.
Im not expecting much from either of the 2 games....
I expect a prettier Assassins Creed Brotherhood out of Unity and a worse version of Revelations out of Comet....
New protagonist but no number is not a good sign..
I said it before and Ill say it again..
AC IV didnt deserve its number..but with a new protag i understood....but now with a new protag and no number it worries me...

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 05:56 PM
The Unity leak said Connor would make some appearance.It didn't

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 06:00 PM
AC IV didnt deserve its number..but with a new protag i understood....but now with a new protag and no number it worries me...

Someone did point out already that from the marketing POV, it ay be better to drop the numbers already to avoid alienating new players, especially with new console generation. I mean, I can definitely see the marketing team think like this. Not putting much weight in 'no number', won't change whether game is great or not

Radman500
03-28-2014, 06:11 PM
I wonder if the Comet, is a First Civilization POE that fell from the sky and has the ability to traverse space and time..and Shay goes to find it, this could be an important story development towards modern day and unity.....

Dome500
03-28-2014, 06:11 PM
- Better graphics and mechanics than AC3 - LOL not gonna happen....
- Why is North America a bad thing? I hope you meant to say New York mid 1700s AGAIN...because North American history has many great opportunities to deliver a great AC game...
- Saying Comet competes with Unity is like saying Liberation competed with AC3...you dont have to choose one or the other.... like libertaion, ACC is VERY skippable and they are on completely different platforms....
BUT I personally do not pay $60 for filler games..never have, never will.
Im not expecting much from either of the 2 games....
I expect a prettier Assassins Creed Brotherhood out of Unity and a worse version of Revelations out of Comet....
New protagonist but no number is not a good sign..
I said it before and Ill say it again..

1. Better mechanics than AC3 - SO gonna happen. AC3 has the worst mechanics in terms of stealth I have ever seen. Plus, AC4 Naval is better than AC3 naval. So better mechanics? They better do that if they want to sell it
2. Yes, NA is bad. Well, I would be interested in a Canadian setting and the Civil War is also a moderately interesting setting (though in terms of architecture -> meh), but aside from that NA does not hold anything interesting, especially since there was not much going on in it pre-18th century and since we already have 1 18th century NA game (with NY and Boston). So yes, gonna be boring, especially if it's NY again
3. Saying comet competes with Unity is realistic. Why? 1. It's supposed to be a full-fledged game, 2. It will be released in the same year, so they are not that far apart 3. I will PROBABLY get a next-gen port. Also, considering you "different consoles" argument, I'm a PC player (oh, and Liberation was a PS vita game, so.... different category altogether (and it did cost way less))
4. Agreed, me neither. That's why I played Black Flag only after a prize drop
5. Well, negativity huray. But yeah, if you think so, then I can't help it. I'm not here to change your opinion, especially since I am also skeptical, despite the fact that I love the topic of French Rev.
6. No logic in that statement. Or rather - twisted logic. There is no pattern in this behavior to justify such an assumption. It's jumping on conclusions.

danykk2009
03-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Have you guys already seen this? : http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/2014/03/assassins-creed-comet-update-social-experiment/
... however, this article is only about the image (that we already knew it was fake), so AC Comet keeps being a rumour...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 06:35 PM
have you guys already seen this? : http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/2014/03/assassins-creed-comet-update-social-experiment/
... However, this article is only about the image (that we already knew it was fake), so ac comet keeps being a rumour...

wtf?

pacmanate
03-28-2014, 06:37 PM

Speculation on speculation which is what I dont get from Connor fangirls

GunnerGalactico
03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
wtf?

Actually, the article shows the fake picture from yesterday- remember the one Mr Shade said 'use your common sense" :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Actually, the article shows the fake picture from yesterday- remember the one Mr Shade said 'use your common sense" :p

I know, that's what I was saying WTF to :p

In other words, these people got nothing better to write articles about? >_>

GunnerGalactico
03-28-2014, 06:48 PM

Okay... got it ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
03-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Someone did point out already that from the marketing POV, it ay be better to drop the numbers already to avoid alienating new players, especially with new console generation. I mean, I can definitely see the marketing team think like this. Not putting much weight in 'no number', won't change whether game is great or not

Yet Elder Scrolls V and Grand Theft Auto V sells like hotcakes ;D
It does allow creative freedoms like the Arkham Games....
And the next Uncharted has no number...
But These are most def filler games...The Number will be back...

STDlyMcStudpants
03-28-2014, 07:21 PM
1. Better mechanics than AC3 - SO gonna happen. AC3 has the worst mechanics in terms of stealth I have ever seen. Plus, AC4 Naval is better than AC3 naval. So better mechanics? They better do that if they want to sell it
2. Yes, NA is bad. Well, I would be interested in a Canadian setting and the Civil War is also a moderately interesting setting (though in terms of architecture -> meh), but aside from that NA does not hold anything interesting, especially since there was not much going on in it pre-18th century and since we already have 1 18th century NA game (with NY and Boston). So yes, gonna be boring, especially if it's NY again
3. Saying comet competes with Unity is realistic. Why? 1. It's supposed to be a full-fledged game, 2. It will be released in the same year, so they are not that far apart 3. I will PROBABLY get a next-gen port. Also, considering you "different consoles" argument, I'm a PC player (oh, and Liberation was a PS vita game, so.... different category altogether (and it did cost way less))
4. Agreed, me neither. That's why I played Black Flag only after a prize drop
5. Well, negativity huray. But yeah, if you think so, then I can't help it. I'm not here to change your opinion, especially since I am also skeptical, despite the fact that I love the topic of French Rev.
6. No logic in that statement. Or rather - twisted logic. There is no pattern in this behavior to justify such an assumption. It's jumping on conclusions.

1- Assassins Creed 3 had the best stealth mechanics up to its release bcause it was THE ONLY ac to have them and you played as a BRUTE... Combat - mechanics - were also better in this game than any ac to date...along with open world mechanics...alll better than AC IV

2 - Wild West and Civil War (early 1800s) both would be a blast to play in (Not SO much wild west, but Abraham Lincoln being a templar or something - YESSSSS)

3 - There will not be a port until probably next year.... For now it is past gen exclusive - not competing with unity...So I guess AC3 L Was competing with AC3.. AND Freedom Cry since it got ported this year???

4 - Calling a goat a goat isnt negative...these both are filler games....there is no twisted logic here....One of the AC devs said in an interview that era and protagonist have nothing to do with a game getting it's number....leaps and innovation give them their number...

danykk2009
03-28-2014, 07:23 PM

In other words, these people got nothing better to write articles about? >_>

I was wondering too why you said "wtf" but now i got it... :D

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Yet Elder Scrolls V and Grand Theft Auto V sells like hotcakes ;D
It does allow creative freedoms like the Arkham Games....
And the next Uncharted has no number...
But These are most def filler games...The Number will be back...20 million > 10 million. Despite AC's popularity, it STILL sells (on average) just half of what GTA and Skyrim did

phoenix-force411
03-28-2014, 07:51 PM
Please, not Haytham. He took up 1/4 of ACIII which was bad for the entire game and for Connor. We already know everything about Haytham anyways, and playing a Templar? Hmm, not sure if it's a good idea. We need Connor back, not a Templar.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Please, not Haytham. He took up 1/4 of ACIII which was bad for the entire game and for Connor. We already know everything about Haytham anyways, and playing a Templar? Hmm, not sure if it's a good idea. We need Connor back, not a Templar.

Yeah, Haytham was a cool character, but he did take some of Connor's spotlight. The only way for him to come back in another game is to turn the novel into a game, which I doubt they'll do.

GunnerGalactico
03-28-2014, 07:57 PM

Agreed. The Eseosa plot and seeing Connor as a mentor would fit right into the game IMO.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 08:04 PM
inb4 Haytham is revealed to have another lover. :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Agreed. The Eseosa plot and seeing Connor as a mentor would fit right into the game IMO.

Now that I think about it, has anything that was ever mentioned in AC:Initiates eventually show up in an AC game? Makes me wonder how important Initiates is to the whole AC story and all.

GunnerGalactico
03-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Now that I think about it, has anything that was ever mentioned in AC:Initiates put into an AC game? Makes me wonder how important Initiates is to the whole AC story and all.

True, sometimes I think it also acts as a database that explains stuff we don't get to see in the game with the timeline, dossiers and memory references.

ze_topazio
03-28-2014, 09:16 PM
inb4 Haytham is revealed to have another lover. :rolleyes:

It would be a lot more strange of him to spend 28 years or something without any action, another bastard child could have been born at some point.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 09:24 PM
It would be a lot more strange of him to spend 28 years or something without any action, another bastard child could have been born at some point.

Well AC: Forsaken didn't mention him getting funky with anyone else after Ziio. Unless Connor skipped reading those pages because they were so darn sexual. :rolleyes:

TheHumanTowel
03-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Haytham says to Ben Franklin he will have to test some of his hypotheses but we never see him get any milf action. This is a huge unresolved plot point and Haytham's story is not complete without it. Ubisoft should give the fans the closure they deserve!

ze_topazio
03-28-2014, 09:31 PM
Maybe he never had a permanent lover, but he could have paid some visits to the local brothel.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Haytham says to Ben Franklin he will have to test some of his hypotheses but we never see him get any milf action. This is a huge unresolved plot point and Haytham's story is not complete without it. Ubisoft should give the fans the closure they deserve!

Lolz, I would LOVE to see that in action...

Maybe he never had a permanent lover, but he could have paid some visits to the local brothel.

Oh my lol... O_O

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Haytham did sleep around with maids and waitresses before he met Ziio.

I don't see why he wouldn't afterwards.

Or maybe he fancied himself a templar lady. :rolleyes:

Or a templar man. :cool:

rprkjj
03-28-2014, 09:57 PM
It didn't

I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure it did.

Sushiglutton
03-28-2014, 10:01 PM
I wonder how they will change the gameplay assuming we play as a Templar. Stuff like hidden blade, parkour and leap of faith I associate with assassins (even though Haymitch ran around and did some stuff like that I suppose). On the other hand, if they take those things out, what is really left?

I guess Shay will steal Adewale's ship and gear.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:10 PM
I wonder how they will change the gameplay assuming we play as a Templar. Stuff like hidden blade, parkour and leap of faith I associate with assassins (even though Haymitch ran around and did some stuff like that I suppose). On the other hand, if they take those things out, what is really left?

Templars need their own traditional weapon and garb.

Only thing some have in common is the color blue.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-28-2014, 10:11 PM
I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure it did.
It's why you can't find it ;P The Connor stuff comes from fan-made code. Unity/French Rev was in that code but this information already leaked a year ago. None of the NeoGAF leakers mentioned Raton

oliacr
03-28-2014, 10:20 PM

Kills him, and steals everything he has.

MnemonicSyntax
03-28-2014, 10:24 PM
At this point I'm wondering if Ubisoft just listens to the speculation and rumors and then decides they're all good and actually uses the speculation as the real story.

What a plot twist! We've been writing Assassin's Creed since day 1!

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:27 PM
At this point I'm wondering if Ubisoft just listens to the speculation and rumors and then decides they're all good and actually uses the speculation as the real story.

What a plot twist! We've been writing Assassin's Creed since day 1!

B.S.

I still haven't seen an AC game where Haytham and Connor go on a magical pony adventure into space to fight a balloon dragon before it envelops the earth in invisible flames!

Not that i speculated that or anything....:rolleyes:

MnemonicSyntax
03-28-2014, 10:29 PM
B.S.

I still haven't seen an AC game where Haytham and Connor go on a magical pony adventure into space to fight a balloon dragon before it envelops the earth in invisible flames!

Not that i speculated that or anything....:rolleyes:

That's not speculation, that's wishful thinking. And fanfiction. And crap.

I'm referring to what's actually "reported" by other sites.

But way to ruin the joke mate.

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:32 PM
That's not speculation, that's wishful thinking. And fanfiction. And crap.

I'm referring to what's actually "reported" by other sites.

But way to ruin the joke mate.

No need for sourness, mate. I was also joking.

D4rkAssass1n123
03-28-2014, 10:53 PM

Wait what? o.O

VoXngola
03-28-2014, 10:53 PM

wat

really? was that in forsaken? I still haven't read it.

Well, I guess he IS Edward's son after all ;)

JustPlainQuirky
03-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Wait what? o.O

Shippers gonna ship :cool:

wat

really? was that in forsaken? I still haven't read it.

Well, I guess he IS Edward's son after all ;)

Yeah. He slept with some waitresses and maids but none were as memorable or unique as ziio according to Haytham.

adventurewomen
03-29-2014, 12:24 AM
Agreed, well said :)

deskp
03-29-2014, 12:43 AM
It'll be interesting to see the characther design of a templar thats is jsut that, and not supposed to make us think its an assassin.

Hope they make him templar enough. No eagle sound when leap of faith, no hidden blade, no hood etc.

Kagurra
03-29-2014, 12:59 AM
Sounds kinda boringish. Happy they're not wasting too many assents on a last-gen game... at least.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-29-2014, 01:01 AM
It'll be interesting to see the characther design of a templar thats is jsut that, and not supposed to make us think its an assassin.

Hope they make him templar enough. No eagle sound when leap of faith, no hidden blade, no hood etc.

Agreed. I don't want to be tricked again, thank you very much lol

poptartz20
03-29-2014, 04:39 AM
Had to LOL at this :D

Hahah! Yay! I'm glad someone did! GO TEAM HAYTHAM! WOO!

Needs something more.

Really.. what's the selling point of any AC game. I can't really think of the one for brotherhood other then continuing Ezio's story. And with Revelations you got a wait for it.... HOOKBLADE! :D haha. that and a few Altair sequences and the end to Ezio's story.

That shows me right there that there doesn't need to be a lot of "new" things to get a selling point for the game. Other than story, and gameplay. I mean think about it. All COD has is mutiplayer and it's STILL THE SAME EVERY TIME yet people still buy it! :) I mean even if it offered the same combat as AC4 or 3 for that matter I would still get and play it because I enjoy the series. I know everyone is not like that but still there are many that feel either way. But I do get your point here.