PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Game speed tied to the framerate?

Yonnick19
03-27-2014, 05:47 AM
Seriously, this seems super obvious that this shouldn't be programmed this way.
I'm sure there must be a reason for it because nobody would allow this to accidentally happen.

What happens right now is if the game doesn't reach it's framerate target of 60, it simply slows down the game.
For example if the game could only achieve 30 fps, the game would run at half the normal speed.

This is a huge design flaw as it causes the game to speed up and speed down when the camera changes it's view from less detailed to highly detailed areas.
The player would not be able to make accurate decisions of it's movements if the game speed isn't constant.

Along with this I'm incredibly annoyed that the framerate cap is 60, because it is exactly 60, and I cannot achieve a few frames above it, heavy screen tearing occurs.
The only fix for this is Vsync, which I hate with a passion because it gives me input lag.

Is this going to be changed before the game launches, and what is the reason for this decision?
Just to be clear, I love the gameplay, but my enjoyment is incredibly held back by these issues.

UbiJustin
04-07-2014, 03:49 PM
As per our Known Issues (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863787-Known-Issues-Read-this-first!) thread, we are looking into this. Are you still experiencing this issue after patch 0.9.2?