PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the games will release at the same time?

Sushiglutton
03-26-2014, 05:43 PM
My fellow analysts do you think the two games will release at approx. the same date, or do you think there might be a couple of months between? If so which one is more likely to launch first?

Wolfmeister1010
03-26-2014, 05:47 PM
I bet they will be released at the same time..maybe around the same time. At the very least they will be released within a few weeks of each other. No doubt about that.

TorQue1988
03-26-2014, 06:28 PM
That would be a dumb move in my opinion. Why split the audience in two? I don't think everyone can afford buying 2 AC games at the same time, not to mention ti would be oversaturation.
There should be several months between the releases.

GunnerGalactico
03-26-2014, 06:32 PM
There should be several months between the releases.

^ ;)

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 06:38 PM
I think last gen is likely to launch earlier, but they will be released at approx. the same time.

Mr_Shade
03-26-2014, 06:41 PM
'games'?

:rolleyes:

Sushiglutton
03-26-2014, 06:50 PM
It's kind of interesting problem for Ubi, because it will be tricky to not confuse "casual" consumers a lot by releasing the games simultaniously. At the same time they have had the same launch window for years. I wanted to hear your guys thoughts, because it seems very unclear to me what would be the smart thing to do.

'games'?

:rolleyes:

Did u just comment on rumours and speculations ;) ?

Mr_Shade
03-26-2014, 06:52 PM
no, was asking what the thread was about.. lol

Since the OP = little basic and would need some to believe certain leaks and rumours, that some may have missed…

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 06:55 PM
It's kind of interesting problem for Ubi, because it will be tricky to not confuse "casual" consumers a lot by releasing the games simultaniously. At the same time they have had the same launch window for year. I wanted to hear your guys thoughts, because it seems very unclear to me what would be the smart thing to do.

Well, the way I see it, IF there are going to be indeed two games this year, then:
a) The last-gen game can't be released later than the next-gen one, because people who don't have next-gen will be forced to wait while next-geners get their treat, and they won't be very happy.
a2) You might argue that releasing next-gen game earlier would stimulate people to buy next gen consoles, and while there is logic to it, I think this applies only if there's going to be a next-gen only release.
b) That said, you probably can't release the next-gen version too far apart either, for almost the same reason (although I think next-gen people would be more tolerant since they're kinda getting a better deal, next-gen and all), with the addition of the danger of people who have both last-gen and next-gen choose the last-gen game first and leaving the next-gen until much-much later (so they'd have something to play, but most won't be able to afford both games).

xryanx28
03-26-2014, 07:19 PM
haha imagine there isnt even a 2nd game and we all look really dumb right now to ubisoft

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 07:25 PM
I don't think there is going to be a 2nd game, which to me, isn't that bothersome.

Layytez
03-26-2014, 07:36 PM
There has to be a second game. You think Ubisoft is going to alienate their last gen fans ?

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 07:42 PM
There has to be a second game. You think Ubisoft is going to alienate their last gen fans ?

Yup, unless they're going to show us something at E3.

LatinaC09
03-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Either way I highly doubt that Ubisoft will leave out the last gen consoles. Something's going to happen whether it be two games or something else. I'm just hoping that if an AC game does get released for last gen consoles that they release it for current gen as well. My PS4 needs more Assassin's Creed!

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Either way I highly doubt that Ubisoft will leave out the last gen consoles. Something's going to happen whether it be two games or something else. I'm just hoping that if an AC game does get released for last gen consoles that they release it for current gen as well. My PS4 needs more Assassin's Creed!

Well, if they put Unity on last gen I will go ape.

GunnerGalactico
03-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Yup, unless they're going to show us something at E3.

They are definitely going to reveal the full trailer for ACU at E3 and some gameplay footage. :cool:

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 07:58 PM
They are definitely going to reveal the full trailer for ACU at E3 and some gameplay footage. :cool:

So long away though... :(

GunnerGalactico
03-26-2014, 08:02 PM
So long away though... :(

I know ... we'll just have to wait and see. :nonchalance:

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 08:09 PM
I know ... we'll just have to wait and see. :nonchalance:

I am not patient... :(

Wolfmeister1010
03-26-2014, 08:09 PM

To be honest I think they should. It sucks how such a big part of the AC fan base constantly gives Ubi crap about not making the games to their fullest potential, and even more crap for doing a yearly release, but then get so freaking butthurt when they hear that they might not be able to play AC on their ancient hardware anymore, so suddenly they are all for another last gen game, even though they KNOW that THEY are responsible for holding the series back.

And then these SAME people complain about how there are two Acs per year. :nonchalance:

I on the other hand and actually kinda grateful legitimately for what they are doing this year. Because they could just as easily have decided to make another cross gen game to cater to every in one game, but it would still have cross gen graphics. Instead, sure we are getting two games this year, which is too much, but in return we are getting a TRUE next gen AC game as well.

I would rather they drop the damn last gen and get all those employees to work on Unity, or the next game.

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 09:21 PM
To be honest I think they should. It sucks how such a big part of the AC fan base constantly gives Ubi crap about not making the games to their fullest potential, and even more crap for doing a yearly release, but then get so freaking butthurt when they hear that they might not be able to play AC on their ancient hardware anymore, so suddenly they are all for another last gen game, even though they KNOW that THEY are responsible for holding the series back.

And then these SAME people complain about how there are two Acs per year. :nonchalance:

I on the other hand and actually kinda grateful legitimately for what they are doing this year. Because they could just as easily have decided to make another cross gen game to cater to every in one game, but it would still have cross gen graphics. Instead, sure we are getting two games this year, which is too much, but in return we are getting a TRUE next gen AC game as well.

I would rather they drop the damn last gen and get all those employees to work on Unity, or the next game.

I agree with this too much. A Next Gen AC game will certainly freshen up the series and experience.

lothario-da-be
03-26-2014, 09:27 PM
My guess
- Ac Comet: 1 November
- Ac Unity : 25 December

deskp
03-26-2014, 09:28 PM

Thats not how it works. just cause they are making 2 games does not mean each game gets half a team. Every AC games gets hower many employes they need.

If they werent making 1 last and 1 current game we would proapbly have gotten another crossgen game.