PDA

View Full Version : No 1080p resolution [SOLVED]

Locks04
03-26-2014, 04:56 PM
hello,

I'm having a problem with the game resolution in addition to this other problem. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863115-My-graphics-are-messed-up?

But now that I've found a way to play the game before a patch comes out, I can't select the 1080p resolution, only the 720p or lower is availaible.

I run any other game in 1080p.

My config.

i7 4700MQ , GTX 780M ,16go ram , windows 8.1 and obviously 1080p screen.

Thank you.

Locks04
03-27-2014, 02:32 PM
So nobody knows why i can't select the 1920 x 1080 in the graphics settings ? Someone on a french forum has the same problem.

sebastianaalton
03-27-2014, 03:43 PM
We have found a code fix for the Nvidia Optimus issue (Geforce + Intel integrated). Now the game always selects the Geforce GPU (and this allows you to select higher resolutions). This fix will be integrated to Friday's patch or the next one. I will keep you informed.

Locks04
03-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Great news!!

Thank you very much sebastianaalton .

Locks04
03-29-2014, 08:06 AM
The patch did not fix anything.

sebastianaalton
03-29-2014, 08:26 AM
I need you to try this. These steps will help me confirm that Intel integrated chip isn't selected because of the Uplay launcher application.

1. Open Windows Explorer, and go to the game install folder (on my computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Trials Fusion\datapack).
2. Right click on trials_fusion.exe and select "Create shortcut"
3. Right click on the trials_fusion.exe - Shortcut and select "Properties..."
4. Do the following modification to the "Target:" field and press OK

Target (old): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Trials Fusion\datapack\trials_fusion.exe"
Target (new): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Trials Fusion\datapack\trials_fusion.exe" - nouplaypc

5. Launch the game by double clicking trials_fusion.exe - Shortcut

When the game launches, it cannot connect to the Uplay servers, just press OK to skip that.

Please test that game is running properly after performing these steps: Full resolution is available, graphics look good, frame rate is good, etc. Thanks for your help!

Locks04
03-29-2014, 09:34 AM
It doesn't change anything and i'm still connected to Uplay.... Are you sure about the new line you give ??

Matthew514
03-29-2014, 09:36 AM
You've got an extra space in the new target path, it should be
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Trials Fusion\datapack\trials_fusion.exe" -nouplaypc

I still had the same graphics problem when I launched the game without uplay. I've got a 650M, i7, and the nvidea card is set to global default.

Locks04
03-29-2014, 09:44 AM
Thank you.
But the problem is still here even without Uplay for me too.

sebastianaalton
03-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the help!

Good to hear the the Uplay launcher wasn't the problem. I need to confirm that the Optimus fix got included in the patch. If it wasn't included in the Friday's patch, we will include it to the next one. I keep you informed.

Some more questions:

Are you all using latest NVIDIA drivers?

Have you tried the following workaround?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzGugS05wo0

There's also lots of Optimus related discussion in the NVIDIA forums, maybe there's something that could help. Many other games seem to have this exactly same problem:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/517911/nvidia-optimus-issues-intel-integrated-graphics-not-switching-to-nvidia-gpu-when-needed/

Locks04
03-29-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm using Nvidia driver 335.23. It's up to date.

I tried a million time to do the trick in the video you posted.

I noticed something by monitoring the Nvidia GPU usage.
It looks like the right GPU is ON when the game is running. By the way, you can see that it's still glitched and 720p.

http://imageshack.com/a/img69/1680/zqxr.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img27/429/cpq5.png

Edit: Remember that the game is not glitched when I play on my TV screen.

MeteorVANTANA
03-29-2014, 01:25 PM
I must say that this canīt be a optimus problem. When i minimize the game i have a small symboll on the dock that shows me witch programms or games use the nvidia. And it says trialsfusion.exe. So the game runs on my GTX 760m.

Say the Developers to check the Shaders or Textures. Or must be an Error with the newest Nvidia Drivers but its NOT an Optimus Fail.

sebastianaalton
03-29-2014, 01:55 PM
We have already identified the texture rendering bug. It happens because of a floating point rounding error that is specific to Intel HD 3000/4000/5000 graphics hardware (there will be a separate fix for this later). We have never been able to reproduce it on any NVIDIA hardware (and we have lots of different models available).

This bug only appears on laptops that have Intel integrated GPU (just Intel GPU or paired with NVIDIA Optimus GPU). I have added debug code to the game that outputs the used GPU name. Every time this bug occurs, the game outputs "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" instead of "NVIDIA GeForce 650M".

Also the limitation to 720p resolution proves that the game is using the Intel GPU. Intel GPU doesn't have any dedicated graphics memory. The game asks the graphics device how much memory it has. If the value is too low, the game doesn't allow high resolutions, because that would run out of GPU memory. NVIDIA GPU has enough video memory, and would not cause resolution limit to 720p.

We will keep investigating why the game insists on using integrated Intel GPU on NVIDIA Optimus enabled laptops. I will keep you informed.

Locks04
03-29-2014, 02:03 PM
But how can you explain the Nvidia GPU usage when the game is ON ??

Same thing with MeteorVANTANA's software telling him that Trials_Fusion.exe uses Nvidia card ?

sebastianaalton
03-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Fixing this bug is very important for us. Thanks for your help in figuring it out!

Please enable the frame rate counter from the video settings screen. Set resolution to 720p and graphics detail settings to "low".

Play a few tracks with the texture corruption. If the frame rate is silky smooth 60 fps at 720p + low settings, then the game is using the GeForce. If the game runs slowly (frame rate fluctuates between 30-50 fps) then the Intel GPU is used.

Please report your findings to this thread. Thank you!

Locks04
03-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Ok, so:

When I play on low settings, 720p, full screen, the FPS counter shows a constant 60 but the game looks like 15.

When I play on low settings, 720p, windowed mode, the FPS counter shows a constant 60 and looks like 60

I did the tests on Deep Freeze and 2 other tracks.

sebastianaalton
03-29-2014, 04:01 PM
When I play on low settings, 720p, full screen, the FPS counter shows a constant 60 but the game looks like 15.
Thanks. Do you have FRAPS or any other frame rate monitoring tool installed to confirm whether that 15 or 60 is the correct FPS value? I would like to confirm that our FPS counter is working.

If the game is indeed rendering at stable 60 fps, then it's definitely the GeForce GPU that is doing the rendering. Then this bug is actually a separate bug from the one that got fixed. However I have good news for you: The texture corruption bug has been fixed for Intel GPUs (waiting for the next patch), and the texture corruption on Intel GPU looks identical to your screenshots, so most likely the same fix will also work for these laptop GeForce GPUs as well.

MeteorVANTANA
03-29-2014, 04:40 PM
OK, tested with FRAPS. It says great 60 fps. On Low and High Settings. But i swear on High Settings there are FPS Drops. But both Fps systems say still 60 even if i can see that there are some lags. Canīt explain why.

That fix for the Textures sounds nice. Thanks canīt wait for update.

Locks04
03-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Thanks. Do you have FRAPS or any other frame rate monitoring tool installed to confirm whether that 15 or 60 is the correct FPS value? I would like to confirm that our FPS counter is working.

If the game is indeed rendering at stable 60 fps, then it's definitely the GeForce GPU that is doing the rendering. Then this bug is actually a separate bug from the one that got fixed. However I have good news for you: The texture corruption bug has been fixed for Intel GPUs (waiting for the next patch), and the texture corruption on Intel GPU looks identical to your screenshots, so most likely the same fix will also work for these laptop GeForce GPUs as well.

FRAPS counter displays exactly the same FPS. Game counter is ok ;)

Matthew514
03-30-2014, 08:02 AM
I can confirm that my drivers are up-to-date, and I tried the fix in the video on the first day. I've tried using the HDMI out to play it on my TV, but it's the same story. I played a few levels and it stays at a steady 60fps. Also, Deep Freeze no longer crashes my game!

sebastianaalton
03-30-2014, 10:10 AM
There were THREE bugs that caused these issues. We only fixed one of them in the Friday's patch. Fixes for the remaining two will be in the forthcoming patch.

1. Game detects GPU memory size incorrectly if multiple GPUs are present. Integrated GPU has no dedicated memory, so our texture streaming system gets broken.
2. Intel integrated GPUs have additional texture corruption bug caused by GPU floating point rounding issue.
3. On NVIDIA Optimus laptops (integrated GPU + GeForce) the wrong GPU was selected.

We fixed number 3 in the patch. The frame rate is now 60 fps in the game, and you have helped me with NVIDIA Inspector to prove that the GeForce GPU is actually used. Bug 2 doesn't affect Optimus laptops, but bug 1 certainly does. This causes the textures to be corrupted also on the GeForce (and limit the resolution to 720p). We will fix bugs 1 & 2 in the forthcoming patch.

Thank's for helping me find the actual issues!

FR_Dam143
03-30-2014, 08:19 PM
You may want to double-check if bug 3 (Optimus) is really fixed Seb

As of today, If i go to my Nvidia Control Panel, put everything on auto-select, then go on program settings and add the trialsfusion.exe, it still says the following :

Use Global Setting (Auto-Select: Integrated)

Maybe others in the same situation could do the same test and confirm it, but that's how it looks on my hand ;)