PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft reveals PAEX lineup - It doesn't seem that AC is in it

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Watch Dogs will be the centerpiece of UBI's booth and there's no word on AC as far as I understood:

The centrepiece of Ubisoft's presence is a Watch Dogs area, where PAX attendees can view a "never-before-seen" demo ahead of its May 27 release date. Also available is a chance to get hands-on with Trials Fusion, follow-up to the popular Trials Evolution, as well as a demo of the Crew, an online driving game.

Meanwhile, at the Ubisoft Digital booth, games such as Child of Light, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms, and The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot will be playable, as well as an as-yet-unannounced digital title that will have its first public hands-on demo available at the show.

The Next Level, Ubisoft's casual gaming competition, also makes a return this year. Players will compete in games such as The Crew and Trials Fusion to win an unspecified "ultimate gaming package." The competition can be watched live on the Next Level Twitch channel.

PAX East takes place from April 11 to 13 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Ubisoft's games will be available to view at booths 824 and 836.

I'm one of the people who believes they will release WD and then start AC's marketing, so I can't say I'm surprised... but I dont really know how these things work, is there a surprise booth or something?

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Watch Dogs will be the centerpiece of UBI's booth and there's no word on AC as far as I understood:

I'm one of the people who believes they will release WD and then start AC's marketing, so I can't say I'm surprised... but I dont really know how these things work, is there a surprise booth or something?

So it seems we're only going to see ACU at E3 and Gamescom.... but that has to be so much information to cover right??? That seems to be a short space of time for marketing as well. :(

zerocooll21
03-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Anyone else going to Pax??

SixKeys
03-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Not really surprised TBH. They said they weren't ready to show us even a sneak peek from Unity yet, but were forced to after the leaked screenshots. I think they're saving most of the info for E3.

zerocooll21
03-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Were they really "leaked"? I feel like its just a gimmick to garner attention.

"oh it was leaked!!? That means I shouldn't see it yet!? Oh man I gotta see it now!!"

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 12:58 PM

Those were screens of a very early build which even had leftovers from whiteboxing in it. No company would purposefully 'leak' that, especially considering that it gathered a bunch of 'this doesn't look next-gen' comments - which is far from a reaction Ubi would want.

Will_Lucky
03-26-2014, 01:08 PM

"oh it was leaked!!? That means I shouldn't see it yet!? Oh man I gotta see it now!!"

The Neogaf thing was probably a controlled leak, just a simple tease of what could be which didn't need clarification. Then those screenshots happened, very early in development not a great looker. Those needed to be dealt with very quickly hence the quickly put together trailer.

No I'm not surprised, blame the Watch Dogs team for this, had that game been released as planned in 2013 the ACU campaign would have already started. Now because they need to get Watch Dogs out and be sucessful they need to throw their entire marketing at that before they can start working on ACU.

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 01:11 PM
The Neogaf thing was probably a controlled leak, just a simple tease of what could be which didn't need clarification. Then those screenshots happened, very early in development not a great looker. Those needed to be dealt with very quickly hence the quickly put together trailer.

No I'm not surprised, blame the Watch Dogs team for this, had that game been released as planned in 2013 the ACU campaign would have already started. Now because they need to get Watch Dogs out and be sucessful they need to throw their entire marketing at that before they can start working on ACU.

Damn it Watch Dogs. When does that even come out so we can get ot hear more about AC?

SixKeys
03-26-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm not convinced it wasn't a controlled leak. Even here on the forums where fans are generally picky the leaked screenshots didn't really get a negative response. People took for granted that they were from an early build and were mostly excited about Paris as a possible location. For an early build the screenshots hardly looked terrible, especially when we didn't know if it was going to be last-gen. I'm pretty sure the leaks were planned. Either way, it seems Ubi are determined to be more tight-lipped about this year's AC than in previous years, probably because they're mostly focusing on WD.

zerocooll21
03-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Good points.

Makes you wonder if they are in fact behind with AC in more than just marketing. If thats the case I hope they can be smart enough to push the release date back like they did with watch dogs.

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 01:18 PM
So the 27th of May, so yup. Definitely nothing about ACU until E3.

Calvarok
03-26-2014, 01:27 PM
They're going to reveal it at E3. they're nowhere near ready right now.

jayjay275
03-26-2014, 01:29 PM

Then should we expect a megaton of information then?

SixKeys
03-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Then should we expect a megaton of information then?

If they're still pushing for a November release, probably. I wouldn't be upset if it got delayed like WD did, though, as long as it means improving the overall quality.

zerocooll21
03-26-2014, 02:01 PM
If they're still pushing for a November release, probably. I wouldn't be upset if it got delayed like WD did, though, as long as it means improving the overall quality.

+1

adventurewomen
03-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Well that's disappointing! :(

dxsxhxcx
03-26-2014, 03:08 PM

if the claims that they've been working for more than 3 years in the game are true they better be near ready right now and spend the rest of the year polishing the game.

also, some people here are comparing a new IP that NEEDS all the attention it can get (and that IMO is doing a POOR job on this department for a game that'll be released in may) with an already established franchise that probably the majority of people here would buy with their eyes closed even if all it was was a reskinned version of AC2 in a different setting with a new protagonist.

LatinaC09
03-26-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm not convinced it wasn't a controlled leak. Even here on the forums where fans are generally picky the leaked screenshots didn't really get a negative response. People took for granted that they were from an early build and were mostly excited about Paris as a possible location. For an early build the screenshots hardly looked terrible, especially when we didn't know if it was going to be last-gen. I'm pretty sure the leaks were planned. Either way, it seems Ubi are determined to be more tight-lipped about this year's AC than in previous years, probably because they're mostly focusing on WD.

I agree with this. How could those screen shots really get such a negative response when it's pretty clear they were from an early build? We all knew the game would at least look like AC4 or better. It's not going to look like it's from 2006....

Hans684
03-26-2014, 05:29 PM
That's a good thing, let them use the time they need.

Mr_Shade
03-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Those were screens of a very early build which even had leftovers from whiteboxing in it. No company would purposefully 'leak' that, especially considering that it gathered a bunch of 'this doesn't look next-gen' comments - which is far from a reaction Ubi would want.

Indeed..

but as we have seen - people make things up - they become 'fact' - so no real point trying to convince people otherwise.. ;)

Wolfmeister1010
03-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Which is why they released that sneak peek, because of the negative reaction, I assume. WE are abstergo!

souNdwAve89
03-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Meh, I'm not surprised at all. It's understandable that they're making Watch_Dogs as their game of show. I expect Unity and maybe Comet to blow our minds at E3, Gamescom, TGS, etc.

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Meh, I'm not surprised at all. It's understandable that they're making Watch_Dogs as their game of show. I expect Unity and maybe Comet to blow our minds at E3, Gamescom, TGS, etc.

Plus, it may give the general public a short break. I'm sure that are people waiting to buy Black Flag and that might change if they start announcing other AC's too son. Give time for the game to sell a bit longer.

adventurewomen
03-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Which is why they released that sneak peek, because of the negative reaction, I assume. WE are abstergo!
Lol I thought the same, it seems to be the recurring theme, that was seen in AC4.

souNdwAve89
03-27-2014, 01:29 AM
Plus, it may give the general public a short break. I'm sure that are people waiting to buy Black Flag and that might change if they start announcing other AC's too son. Give time for the game to sell a bit longer.

Yeah, I agree. A lot of other companies show off their games starting at E3 anyways, especially if they're aiming for the holiday season in the fall of the same year.