PDA

View Full Version : can we talk about Arno's fighting style

Radman500
03-26-2014, 12:29 AM
will it be fencing or something that resembles fencing...so holding the sword in 1 hand...unlike connor who was more brutal, Arno would be more quick/fast on his feet, mostly footwork.... lots of back and forth?
what do you think?

RatonhnhakeFan
03-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Incoming "Dodge, evade, escape, run away, give up move-set" jokes :p

JustPlainQuirky
03-26-2014, 12:32 AM
Fighting french guy....Hue. :rolleyes:

Radman500
03-26-2014, 12:35 AM
Fighting french guy....Hue. :rolleyes:

objectively..The French Military actually has the best combat record out of every country in Europe, in history

adventurewomen
03-26-2014, 12:37 AM
I think Arno's fighting style might be like Edwards and a reminder to Ezio's fighting style.

That's the way Ubisoft seem to be going with the fighting style, AC4 was easy in terms of combat easiest out of all of the AC games.. IMO

JustPlainQuirky
03-26-2014, 12:37 AM
objectively..The French Military actually has the best combat record out of every country in Europe, in history

Boo facts. Facts aren't funny. :rolleyes:

But srsly.

This french assassin has glove weapons apparently. So I assume punching will be effective now. He also has hidden gun I believe. And then there's the obvious hidden blade. No guillotine weapon yet. So he'll be a stealthy light moving guy. hence his non-bulkiness...

hue hue fighting french guy :rolleyes:

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 12:39 AM
There is a video floating around which is supposed to show his swords animations, right? I think it was posted by some developer, it looks very fancy,

adventurewomen
03-26-2014, 12:42 AM
There is a video floating around which is supposed to show his swords animations, right? I think it was posted by some developer, it looks very fancy,
If you find that video please make a thread about it.. love to see it!

JustPlainQuirky
03-26-2014, 12:43 AM
I remember that video. Though I don't remember seeing proof it was from AC Unity development...

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 12:43 AM
If you find that video please make a thread about it.. love to see it!

OK gonna look for it and post it right back. It's really small and has no texture, but it is quite an elegant animation.

Edit - Here it is. This was uploaded to Ryan Wattson's Vimmeo Account. He is an animation leader at UBI so people are speculating.

http://vimeo.com/89241245

adventurewomen
03-26-2014, 12:46 AM
OK gonna look for it and post it right back. It's really small and has no texture, but it is quite an elegant animation
Great thanks, look forward to seeing the video. It sounds interesting. :)

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Posted, but I guess I didn't edit fast enough, lol. Check it again for the link and info :o

SchlechterWolf
03-26-2014, 12:57 AM
will it be fencing or something that resembles fencing...so holding the sword in 1 hand...unlike connor who was more brutal, Arno would be more quick/fast on his feet, mostly footwork.... lots of back and forth?
what do you think?

Speculating like it's 1849.

adventurewomen
03-26-2014, 01:03 AM
OK gonna look for it and post it right back. It's really small and has no texture, but it is quite an elegant animation.

Edit - Here it is. This was uploaded to Ryan Wattson's Vimmeo Account. He is an animation leader at UBI so people are speculating.

http://vimeo.com/89241245

Posted, but I guess I didn't edit fast enough, lol. Check it again for the link and info :o
Don;t worry it happens to us all! :)

Thanks, I've seen seen that video.. the animation looks like just a test animation, very very early.

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm reporting this for spam

Radman500
03-26-2014, 01:21 AM
what....Assassin M all you ever do is go in my threats and criticize them...no one forces you to go into them

Shahkulu101
03-26-2014, 01:22 AM

Are we witnessing the reincarnation of Hasoon?

adventurewomen
03-26-2014, 01:23 AM
what....Assassin M all you ever do is go in my threats and criticize them...no one forces you to go into them
M wasn't being serious.. it's okay. :)

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 01:26 AM
M wasn't being serious.. it's okay. :)
I actually am serious, he makes so many threads..

Are we witnessing the reincarnation of Hasoon?
The Hasoon of threads..

You create redundant threads. They're unnecessary and can ALL be put in just ONE of your various threads. It clutters the front page needlessly. You force me to look when at one point, there was about 6 threads about the same thing made by YOU alone..

adventurewomen
03-26-2014, 01:30 AM
I actually am serious, he makes so many threads..
I haven't noticed..

Everyone an create threads based on AC as much as they like as far as I'm aware, like the RinoTheBouncer guy makes LOADS of AC threads.

Kagurra
03-26-2014, 01:47 AM
There's probably a possibility they might use some of the single sword animations from AC4. So there's that. But I hope everything is 100% new and fresh.

Can't wait to see actual gameplay with combat and traversal.

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 01:49 AM
I haven't noticed..

Everyone an create threads based on AC as much as they like as far as I'm aware, like the RinoTheBouncer guy makes LOADS of AC threads.
it's fine to make many threads about AC, but not when they can be compressed into just ONE thread..

ze_topazio
03-26-2014, 02:22 AM
I hope he uses kung fu.

Calvarok
03-26-2014, 03:09 AM
From the look of his clothes and build, I'd imagine graceful, agile, and slippery. More stylish than Altair, less aggressive than Edward and Ezio, and less powerful than Connor.

I'm more interested in a more complex and nuanced combat system than simple animation changes, though.

souNdwAve89
03-26-2014, 04:58 AM
I predict his fighting style will be like Haytham's with a mix of Ezio flashiness. I don't see him being brutal and powerful as Connor. Then again, we might see some reused animations from AC3 and AC4.

Legendz54
03-26-2014, 05:59 AM
I hope its a mix of Connor's brutal style and Haytham's graceful style. And hopefully the make the combat with more variety and use of tools.

I-Like-Pie45
03-26-2014, 06:02 AM
Arno is a HeShe.

Basically, he is made of one half male and one half female so basically she uses his female half to seduce people before killing them with her male half

Calvarok
03-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Arno is a HeShe.

Basically, he is made of one half male and one half female so basically she uses his female half to seduce people before killing them with her male half
I should start a "The Assassin's Creed Forum's Worst Posts" twitter account. This would be my first entry.

EchoFiveKilo
03-26-2014, 11:53 AM
As much as I would love to see a return to Connor's style of fighting (brutal, real world martial arts) I don't see the new protagonist fighting like that at all. I picture a fencing, Haytham kind of style of fighting, at least in regards to the swords anyway. We have no idea what this new protagonists knife/hidden blade, and unarmed fighting will look like.

In all honesty, I wouldnt even say Edward had his own style of fighting. At least 70% of the animations were Connors, they were also poorly animated too (only in AC4, AC3's animation quality was 10x better). He had the dual swords, but other than that he had no defining characteristics in his fighting.

On another note I'd really like to see this guys parkour. Seeing that its set in France, and theres supposedly a new parkour system, I'd like to see them incorporate the awesome vaulting/parkour animations of AC3 in this game. AC3 had such great parkour moves, but you hardly get a chance to use them in game unless you were freeroaming. Hopefully there are alot more obstacles in this game to vault over lol.