PDA

View Full Version : Plooooooooot holes

RatonhnhakeFan
03-26-2014, 12:07 AM
Why did Abstergo need Desmond's body to research Edward memories when they already extracted William's DNA with Edward memories when they captured him?

http://purebeyonce.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/bee-gif-real.gif

Post more plot holes :cool:

Layytez
03-26-2014, 12:16 AM
They extracted his DNA ?

RatonhnhakeFan
03-26-2014, 12:18 AM
They extracted his DNA ?

? he even says in AC3 that they're probably "looking through his memories right now"

Layytez
03-26-2014, 12:19 AM
? he even says in AC3 that they're probably "looking through his memories right now"

But his entire memories though ? So they sequenced his DNA and Desmond's ? Sigh...

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 12:57 AM
Why did Ezio participate in Carnival games to win the golden mask when he could'v easily pick-pocketed it from the winner later (which he eventually did)?

Why did Ezio take 7 years to get to Florence from Spain?

What was Minerva expecting Desmond to do if the Assassins and Templars had already wasted centuries?

Why did those who came before show Desmond the location of the Grand Temple twice?

When did Juno betray Tinia and Minerva and when did they find out about it? was it after contacting Desmond? if so, then why did Minerva place the event of contacting Desmond AFTER enslaving Juno when she says "When we discovered her treachery, we put a stop to it and then we left, but first we called out to you, that you might try again" this means that Minerva contacted him AFTER Juno screwed everything up, so why did Minerva mention her as ones who "turned away from war" when talking to Ezio? and why does she appear in the Nexus with Tinia?

Why did Lucy appear blue in eagle vision?

Why does Vidic tell Desmond to give him the apple when he knows that he can control it and kill everyone?

Why does Vidic create Project Siren (to acquire an apple) when he already has a map that says the location of dozens of other pieces?

TheHumanTowel
03-26-2014, 01:05 AM
why did those who came before show desmond the location of the grand temple twice?

Revelations is why. AMANCIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 01:22 AM
Why didn't Uberto kill Ezio when he came to his house?

Why does Connor start every sequence by saying something and then completely screwing it up in the sequence itself?
"in time, I learned patience" "WHERE'S CHARLES LEE??"
"the Assassins are gone and scattered, no longer a threat. But I fear they will soon discover the truth and me along with it. I must tread carefully" Gets caught and exposes himself..
"I have resolved to share everything I know with Washington" doesn't tell him anything...

I-Like-Pie45
03-26-2014, 01:29 AM
^
http://pixeljudge.com/file/patricedesilets_2.jpg
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120811234655/assassinscreed/images/b/b4/AC3_AlexanderHutchinson_CreativeDirector.jpg
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2130423/smoker.jpg

PandaPuff86
03-26-2014, 02:08 AM
Why did Ezio participate in Carnival games to win the golden mask when he could'v easily pick-pocketed it from the winner later (which he eventually did)?

What was Minerva expecting Desmond to do if the Assassins and Templars had already wasted centuries?

Why did those who came before show Desmond the location of the Grand Temple twice?

When did Juno betray Tinia and Minerva and when did they find out about it? was it after contacting Desmond? if so, then why did Minerva place the event of contacting Desmond AFTER enslaving Juno when she says "When we discovered her treachery, we put a stop to it and then we left, but first we called out to you, that you might try again" this means that Minerva contacted him AFTER Juno screwed everything up, so why did Minerva mention her as ones who "turned away from war" when talking to Ezio? and why does she appear in the Nexus with Tinia?

Why does Vidic tell Desmond to give him the apple when he knows that he can control it and kill everyone?

Why does Vidic create Project Siren (to acquire an apple) when he already has a map that says the location of dozens of other pieces?

So many plot hole questions that could've been answered before Desmond's demise...*sigh*

mikeyf1999
03-26-2014, 02:14 AM

Why does Connor start every sequence by saying something and then completely screwing it up in the sequence itself?
"the Assassins are gone and scattered, no longer a threat. But I fear they will soon discover the truth and me along with it. I must tread carefully" Gets caught and exposes himself..
"I have resolved to share everything I know with Washington" doesn't tell him anything...
Concerning uberto he did try to kill ezio when he visited but ezio wouldn't come in
Also I think they used Desmond's body so they could exploit more memories I mean which would you want the person that's related to the assassins or te child who's not only related to those assassins but another side of assassins to use (Through the other parent)

DumbGamerTag94
03-26-2014, 02:32 AM

As for the Washington one I think he was referring to the info he and Haytham had discovered about the British plan to withdraw from Philadelphia and pull back to New York, which I does tell Washington about allowing for Washington to head them off at Monmouth where the battle ended in a draw, but the British strength had been reduced so much so that the did not have the needed force to break out from New York once they got there, so Connor's telling Washington the British plans, and the subsequent battle at Monmouth essentially won the War in the northern theater. Allowing the Americans to focus on the British southern army and cut it off at Yorktown(which Conner also helps happen at the battle of the Chesapeake). So woo hoo!!!! Connor single handedly allows for the victory of the American Revolution on both fronts!

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 02:56 AM
As for the Washington one I think he was referring to the info he and Haytham had discovered about the British plan to withdraw from Philadelphia and pull back to New York, which I does tell Washington about allowing for Washington to head them off at Monmouth where the battle ended in a draw, but the British strength had been reduced so much so that the did not have the needed force to break out from New York once they got there, so Connor's telling Washington the British plans, and the subsequent battle at Monmouth essentially won the War in the northern theater. Allowing the Americans to focus on the British southern army and cut it off at Yorktown(which Conner also helps happen at the battle of the Chesapeake). So woo hoo!!!! Connor single handedly allows for the victory of the American Revolution on both fronts!
But Connor specifically talks about what he'll tell GW. "Of the Templars and their plans, of who I really am"

Concerning uberto he did try to kill ezio when he visited but ezio wouldn't come in
Also I think they used Desmond's body so they could exploit more memories I mean which would you want the person that's related to the assassins or te child who's not only related to those assassins but another side of assassins to use (Through the other parent)
Yeah, but why did he need him to come in?? He could'v told him "hey, lets go present these papers now" and surround him with guards and kill him...wouldn't have been THAT hard, or Rodrigo would just come out and kill him

Calvarok
03-26-2014, 03:07 AM
Because they didn't care about his dad's DNA, they cared about the Apple. They didn't take it, and Desmond came over and killed most of them before they could if they were going to. Desmond's dna is valuable because of both sides of his family tree, not just his dad's.

A lot of the other things in here are just people misunderstanding and misconstruing.

Kaschra
03-26-2014, 03:15 AM

I... never noticed this. This is kinda hilarious xD

DumbGamerTag94
03-26-2014, 03:32 AM
But Connor specifically talks about what he'll tell GW. "Of the Templars and their plans, of who I really am"

Yeah, but why did he need him to come in?? He could'v told him "hey, lets go present these papers now" and surround him with guards and kill him...wouldn't have been THAT hard, or Rodrigo would just come out and kill him

Yeah true I don't know then. its a true plot hole lol, I assume he does tell him at some point between then and the King Washington DLC where they find the Apple of Eden, but it is never shown in game. But AC3 is full of these. They should have held it a year or two and done Black Flag first because it seems like they had written a story too long to fit entirely into a game that they only had a few years to make, so I think a lot of parts didn't make it past the chopping block. Like why is connor in Philadelphia...twice? Why does Lafayette seem to know Connor right away at Monmouth when they hadn't met in the game yet? What happened between Haytham and Church that made Church ditch the Templars? Why is half of New York burned to the ground? Why do we not meet Benedict Arnold in the main game, yet Connor knows him and talks about West Point in TOKW?(I know theres PS3 exclusive DLC for that but since all players don't have access to that part of the story it is poor story telling, and I also hear its very short so it may as well have been in the regular game.) Why is Charles Lee so nice in 1750s but suddenly becomes an angry, unbathing, jerk by the time of the attack on Connors village? These and many more plot holes can be found in AC3 its full of them. they should have just taken more time and finished the whole thing the way they had intended to.

they completely cut out things like The battle of Long Island and subsequent Great fire of New York, The Crossing of the Delaware, and subsequent stealth mission to take hessians by surprise at Trenton(They even publicized this with posters and everything(this may have been when he told Washington about the Assassins)), Benedict Arnold sequence(put out as PS3 DLC instead), These things are just a few they had intended to put in but had to be cut so that they could put AC3 on shelves.

roostersrule2
03-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Maybe Eddie came from Desmond's mum?

LoyalACFan
03-26-2014, 07:28 AM

They wanted to win it legitimately so the real owner wouldn't cause a ruckus when the theft was discovered. Remember, Dante showed up to the party with guards later to find the thief. Problem could've been solved by killing Dante, but that would've been a real asshat move.

Dunno, we'll need another Ezio game to explain what he did in those lost years :p

Because Ezio's Apple was the key to the outer Temple door, remember how Lucy said Minerva altered it when she touched it in the Vatican? Vidic didn't know that at the time, but he knew there was something special about whatever Ezio found, so he made Project Siren to get results faster.

He actually tried to, but Ezio wouldn't come in the house where Rodrigo was waiting. I don't think two fat old men could have overpowered him (or any of the Auditore men for that matter). Plus, I think Uberto just didn't feel threatened by him to be honest, he simply needed him out of the way so he could kill his real target, Giovanni. If he could do that by simply sending him on his merry way, so be it, he thought Ezio was an idiot and didn't care what happened to him. If you listen to his dialogue right before the assassination, he's going on about how Ezio is stupid, weak, and liable to be caught any day.

As for the other stuff... IDK, just sloppy writing I guess.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Maybe Eddie came from Desmond's mum?

Nah, the Kenways came from William's side of the family. Desmond says so in AC3, and I think it's confirmed in one of the AC4 emails.

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 07:43 AM
They wanted to win it legitimately so the real owner wouldn't cause a ruckus when the theft was discovered. Remember, Dante showed up to the party with guards later to find the thief. Problem could've been solved by killing Dante, but that would've been a real asshat move.
But that ends up happening anyway, which makes the ENTIRE sequence completely unnecessary and was just stretched to make the game unnecessarily long..

Dunno, we'll need another Ezio game to explain what he did in those lost years :p
Regardless, what's more important than getting the Apple back?

Because Ezio's Apple was the key to the outer Temple door, remember how Lucy said Minerva altered it when she touched it in the Vatican? Vidic didn't know that at the time, but he knew there was something special about whatever Ezio found, so he made Project Siren to get results faster.
Then how did Abstergo enter the Temple anyway when they found Dessie's body?

He actually tried to, but Ezio wouldn't come in the house where Rodrigo was waiting. I don't think two fat old men could have overpowered him (or any of the Auditore men for that matter). Plus, I think Uberto just didn't feel threatened by him to be honest, he simply needed him out of the way so he could kill his real target, Giovanni. If he could do that by simply sending him on his merry way, so be it, he thought Ezio was an idiot and didn't care what happened to him. If you listen to his dialogue right before the assassination, he's going on about how Ezio is stupid, weak, and liable to be caught any day.
Okay, he tried to but he didn't really want to...this is confusing:p...if he tried to then he obviously saw it fit to be rid of him and Rodrigo was not THAT old in 1476. he was 45.

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 08:20 AM

That whole sequence doesn't make any sense, though.
We worked to win it legitimately because we couldn't steal it, but in the end - Dante/Silvio cheated and took it, and we ended up stealing anyway, and when we got to the party not only nobody wears a Golden Mask there, BUT also Sister Theodora, the very person who said that you can't get in the party without the Mask, WAS there inside, WITHOUT the mask, and we ended up using her courtesans anyway - so in reality there was no reason to go through all those things at all.

Also, the dude's standing on a ship and it would be easier to swim around and assassinate him from behind than infiltrate the party at all.

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Btw, why using Desmond's DNA to view Edward's memories is a plothole? It's been a year since the events of 2012, and Desmond's DNA has much more important people than his dads (and Abstergo knows it), so why not use it all around?

And it's not like Abstergo had a specific goal when viewing Edward, they're just using AE to sort through memories quicker, and then "omigosh, observatory! Focus your research on that!"

Templar_Az
03-26-2014, 09:45 AM
I want Desmond to come back. Imagine they made Desmond come back but we still have the first-person modern day character; im not saying I want that btw.

RinoTheBouncer
03-26-2014, 10:28 AM

You just said everything I wanted to say, bruh.
Iíve always wondered about those points and they were never clarified.

Itís like leaving plots unexplained is the cool thing to do these days both in games and films and especially in AC. So cheap and sad.

andrew_m50
03-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Then how did Abstergo enter the Temple anyway when they found Dessie's body?

1. The door's left opened in the hurry (stupidity but it can be).
2. Abstergo found an other entrance. If the Observatory has an other entrance/exit, why couldn't the Grand Temple have also?

RinoTheBouncer
03-26-2014, 10:50 AM
1. The door's left opened in the hurry (stupidity but it can be).
2. Abstergo found an other entrance. If the Observatory has an other entrance/exit, why couldn't the Grand Temple have also?

1. Didn’t the door close behind them? how did they leave if only Desmond can use the Apple?
2. If there’s a second entrance/exist, then the whole search for the Apple was futile... *sigh*

andrew_m50
03-26-2014, 11:46 AM
1. Didnít the door close behind them? how did they leave if only Desmond can use the Apple?
2. If thereís a second entrance/exist, then the whole search for the Apple was futile... *sigh*

1. I think anyone can use the Apple as a key to the Grand Temple, but only Desmond is able to control its power (you know, mind control, etc.)
2. No, because Abstergo wants all (or as much as they can) the Pieces of Eden in order to analize them and use their power. Not only for entering the Temple.

zerocooll21
03-26-2014, 12:22 PM
I... never noticed this. This is kinda hilarious xD

+1 lmao

SixKeys
03-26-2014, 12:37 PM
That whole sequence doesn't make any sense, though.
We worked to win it legitimately because we couldn't steal it, but in the end - Dante/Silvio cheated and took it, and we ended up stealing anyway, and when we got to the party not only nobody wears a Golden Mask there, BUT also Sister Theodora, the very person who said that you can't get in the party without the Mask, WAS there inside, WITHOUT the mask, and we ended up using her courtesans anyway - so in reality there was no reason to go through all those things at all.

Lol, never thought about it that way before (except for the nobody-wears-a-golden-mask thing). It may have been pointless, but also one of the most fun sequences in the game, so I don't mind that they left it in, plotholes or no.

In ACB, why does Bartolomeo claim the walls of the Baron's stronghold are unscaleable when I just scaled them five minutes ago?

Why are there red footsteps outside the Villa when Lucy shows up in blue in Eagle Vision? (yes, I know this was just an oversight, but it's part of the game so it's still a plothole)

Why does any character ever say stuff like "no, it's too risky, there are too many guards" when we can kill hundreds of soldiers without breaking a sweat?

If no man can murder Cesare, why doesn't Ezio send Claudia after him?

http://www.tickld.com/cdn_image_postimage/1da72378da6885ae4c3c9f130ce6d125.gif

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Lol, never thought about it that way before (except for the nobody-wears-a-golden-mask thing). It may have been pointless, but also one of the most fun sequences in the game, so I don't mind that they left it in, plotholes or no.

I think the Carnevale environment is beautiful and very atmospheric, and I really liked the games themselves, I just felt that their connection to the assassination was incredibly contrived, especially when there's a lot easier way to assassinate that doesn't require any entrance to the party.

I think that Carnevale should've served as sort of an interlude between freeing Venice from Templars and arrival of the Apple - Ezio trying to have fun after his job is, for the most part, done, but realizing that he doesn't really know what to do with his life which would lead in to the beginning of the sequence when it's his birthday and he says how he hunted the Templars for 10 years but doesn't know what any of it was for.

If no man can murder Cesare, why doesn't Ezio send Claudia after him?

http://www.tickld.com/cdn_image_postimage/1da72378da6885ae4c3c9f130ce6d125.gif

ROFL! This is awesome! :D

itsamea-mario
03-26-2014, 03:35 PM
^
http://pixeljudge.com/file/patricedesilets_2.jpg
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120811234655/assassinscreed/images/b/b4/AC3_AlexanderHutchinson_CreativeDirector.jpg
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2130423/smoker.jpg

Did you just imply that our lord and saviour Patrice is not perfect?

RoBg03
03-26-2014, 07:24 PM
why doesn't Desmonds father just use his Q powers to stop the Templars?