PDA

View Full Version : AC Brotherhood writter says game hinted at Unity

frodrigues55
03-25-2014, 11:58 PM
Was this posted?

What do you guys think?

Ubisoft writer Jeffrey Yohalem has revealed that the French Revolution setting of the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Unity was teased as far back as 2010's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

The ending sequence of that game includes a number of mysterious symbols being projected - the two most prominent being the Phrygian Cap, a symbol of the French Revolution, and the Eye of Providence, a nod towards the North American setting of Assassin's Creed 3.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/6/5/1/0/3/eurogamer-nvc7xj.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

@jeffreyyohalem Did AC Brotherhood ending (symbols) really was hint for #ACUnity? :D

@dex3108 Yup and AC3, the symbols pointed to American Revolution and French Revolution.
— Jeffrey Yohalem (@jeffreyyohalem) March 25, 2014

Yohalem penned Brotherhood after working on Assassin's Creed 2. He then found fame as the lead writer of Far Cry 3, and is next working on the downloadable role-player Child of Light. Unity's existence was confirmed last week after a number of leaks. Ubisoft said at the time that it had been in development for "more than three years".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-25-assassins-creed-unity-was-teased-in-brotherhood-writer-reveals

RatonhnhakeFan
03-26-2014, 12:08 AM
They hinted at approximately 3874329434 time periods and settings throughout the series. They can say "we hinted at this!" no matter which one they actually pick so yeahh

Layytez
03-26-2014, 12:15 AM
They hinted that long ago ? Really ? What was the point ?

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 12:23 AM
They hinted that long ago ? Really ? What was the point ?

Yeah, "Stay tuned, we have a possible hint at a future AC we might do".

I think they make up as they go, as Raton''s Fan mentioned above, they have hinted at virtually anything they want lol.

xecqtor
03-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Its awesome fascinating how far devs thinking
I mean they planned years ago what will come next and that so deep and perfect, so we get many stuff and speculations talk about

Thats what ac is

Layytez
03-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Its awesome fascinating how far devs thinking
I mean they planned years ago what will come next and that so deep and perfect, so we get many stuff and speculations talk about

Thats what ac is

Not really fascinating to be honest. Planet loads of seeds and then decide which ones you want to water.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
Wow, interesting indeed.

xecqtor
03-26-2014, 01:07 AM
Not really fascinating to be honest. Planet loads of seeds and then decide which ones you want to water.

im fine with it i love to see all settings, planning and combining them in logic way and create a big story is just awesome

Its a big work, i showm respect, i hope you also do

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 01:13 AM
This is suspicious...first, the sudden reemergence of the Eve and bleeding effect storyline on initiates and now the French Revolution and "oh we hinted at it"

ALL those things were started in Brotherhood...can't help but think that this was pre-planned, BUT delayed and changed to accommodate more than one game..

Skelface
03-26-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure about that.

If I remember correctly, Shaun says: "Now those two come together in only one place".

They teased two locations, wel all speculated Assassin's Creed III takes place in one of these two periods. So why a character, supposed to be a History expert by the way, would be wrong? Because Ubisoft only planned American Revolution and French Revolution came later, that's why.

I call bullsh*t.

DumbGamerTag94
03-26-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm not sure about that.

If I remember correctly, Shaun says: "Now those two come together in only one place".

They teased two locations, wel all speculated Assassin's Creed III takes place in one of these two periods. So why a character, supposed to be a History expert by the way, would be wrong? Because Ubisoft only planned American Revolution and French Revolution came later, that's why.

I call bullsh*t.
I think it is probably legit because they are the only two symbols desmond literally points out and talks about. You ever consider he means they come together in only one place IN TIME being the late 1700s. Or we may have a game coming soon that covers the literal point where these two symbols come together (eye being the US and Cap being France) so possibly a Connor Sequel covering the US naval War against France, and the war of 1812 that followed. These conflicts were America's involvement in the Napoleonic Wars (we hated both sides and fought both cuz what the hell why not right?) Maybe that little tidbit shaun mentions is a hint at this? maybe this is what AC comet is? it would make sense it wouldn't be a new character or setting so it would be befitting of an old gen title, and the story would run parallel to AC Unity. So that is my thinking.

Calvarok
03-26-2014, 03:14 AM
They hinted at approximately 3874329434 time periods and settings throughout the series. They can say "we hinted at this!" no matter which one they actually pick so yeahh
Come on, man. In this case you've got to admit it was a very overt hint. And from what Ubisoft says they started making Unity only a year after Brotherhood.

LatinaC09
03-26-2014, 03:29 AM
Interesting. It makes me wonder what other little hints we missed in AC3, AC:L and AC4. If these were hinted in Brotherhood you know there's something we missed in the last few games. Time will tell.

souNdwAve89
03-26-2014, 03:34 AM
Eh, this isn't THAT surprising since fans have been talking about those clues for years since Brotherhood's release. It connects to Unity well enough since they said that they have been working on it for more than three years.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Come on, man. In this case you've got to admit it was a very overt hint. And from what Ubisoft says they started making Unity only a year after Brotherhood.And selected and developement 2 other settings and stories in meantime and finished "end of the world" plot that ACB was part of. I'm sure not buying all of the "stop Juno" plot detailes were laid out and along with direct sequence of next 3 (let's skip ACR) games during ACB developement lol

Legendz54
03-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Well they say that AC Unity has been in development for over 3 years, Brotherhood came out at the end of 2010 and now its 2014 so thats around 3 years... This COULD add up but part of me also thinks they just mentioned it in Brotherhood to cause discussion without any plan on doing the French revolution and then when they decide they want to do it they say its a "Connection"

HDinHB
03-26-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm a skeptic by nature and training, but I think its hyperskeptical to deny this was anything but a very strong and direct hint. It's not a very tough stretch to think that a French Canadian studio of a French company creating a series of video games about genetic time tourism would visit Paris and the French Revolution sooner or later. This was widely discussed at the time of Brotherhood's release (although it was overshadowed by the WTF ending of all WTF endings), and speculation then was that "AC3" would take place during the French Revolution. [Of course, that "AC3" became Revelations, and AC3 became the American Revolution and then we had pirates, but now...]

If you haven't seen the ending of Brotherhood in a while (spoiler alert, etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLyHA3FzDbc&feature=youtu.be&t=20s

It must have been important if it got Shaun to shut up.

Two very different websites looked at the same ending and came to the same conclusion:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Colosseum_Vault#Trivia

Shaun remarked on two of the symbols that appeared when the Apple was activated, the Phrygian cap and the Masonic eye. He began to say "Now those two come together in only one place–" before being frozen.

The two symbols only appeared together on the "Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen," which was written during Revolutionary France in August 1789

http://videogamesandthebible.com/2012/10/23/biblical-case-12-assassins-creed-and-the-bible-part-2-the-cap-and-eye/

Near the end of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Shaun the historian says: “I know this. I know that symbol. That’s a Phrygian Cap. It stands for freedom…and that, that’s a Masonic Eye. Now those two come together in only one place–“

A picture of the two symbols:
http://noobproguide.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/phrygian-cap-and-masonic-eye.jpg

The unnamed place where these two symbols come together is the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen:

http://noobproguide.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/declaration_of_the_rights_of_man_and_of_the_citize n_in_1789-from-wikipedia.jpg

roostersrule2
03-26-2014, 06:38 AM
This is suspicious...first, the sudden reemergence of the Eve and bleeding effect storyline on initiates and now the French Revolution and "oh we hinted at it"

ALL those things were started in Brotherhood...can't help but think that this was pre-planned, BUT delayed and changed to accommodate more than one game..Agreed Mr M.

I'm almost positive the series was meant to go

AC1: Crusade
AC2: Renaissance
AC3: American Revolution
AC4: French Revolution

The only other game that really fit into the plan was ACB, ACR and AC4 were unnecessary really.

If Ubi do hint to future game, their better be some hints towards Ancient Greece in Unity.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2014, 06:44 AM
This is really old news, but put in a new context. Everybody knew about the French Revolution hint, but assumed it was relevant to AC3. When that came up bust, we assumed it was another dropped plot thread like Desmond's son. Yeah, this French Revolution game was definitely "planned" before Patrice left, but who knows how much has changed since then? They've released four full games in the interim, three of them starring brand new Assassins, and they wedged the whole Kenway Saga thing in before they even mentioned the French game. It gives me hope that maybe Unity actually has been in development for hell of a long time like they said, but it doesn't make me any more convinced that they know where the story is going.

alekiratu
03-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Agreed Mr M.

I'm almost positive the series was meant to go

AC1: Crusade
AC2: Renaissance
AC3: American Revolution
AC4: French Revolution

The only other game that really fit into the plan was ACB, ACR and AC4 were unnecessary really.

If Ubi do hint to future game, their better be some hints towards Ancient Greece in Unity.

Yeah, Crusades was a given. Not sure about Renaissance but American Revolution and now France do seem to have been planned. Brotherhood and revelations seem to be because of the popularity of Ezio and ACIV was for the naval.

Revolutions seem to be important points for the series:

...Then revolution in America and France bled into evolutions and into more Revolutions into Russia and Mexico and India and the sickening list goes on as men and women fought and died for the right to be indolent and sick and pleasured! but SHE - MAY SHE GUIDE US INTO THE GREY - has returned after a sleep of tens of thousands of millennia and we submit to live and work at her side - we the instruments of The First Will ...

Source: http://orcz.com/Assassin's_Creed_IV:_Sticky_Note_15

So we have had America and will have France. I have no idea about Mexico though. Russia was pretty much covered with AC: The Fall which had the Bolshevik Revolution. Curiously, AC: Brahman, while set in India is set at least a decade before the first rebellion against the British. With the death of King Ranjit Singh, we get the feeling that the country is now truly in the hands of the British rather than them gaining freedom.

Ichrukia56
03-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Call it ;)

RinoTheBouncer
03-26-2014, 11:07 AM
I wonder if those were planned since then or they just happened to go back and extrapolate from them or it’s just pure coincidence.

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Ubisoft Toronto (the lead Unity dev) was founded in 2009, Brotherhood was done in 2010 around the point when they already knew that AC won't remain a trilogy. Pre-production for ACU should've started at around 2010-2011. Shaun's line can lead only to the French Revolution.

This doesn't look like an 'oh **** we haven't planned it but it worked out' situation. And since we see those symbols in the Temple of Juno, sensible to presume that they thought that there would be a game centered around how to defeat her (again, they knew at the point of ACB that AC won't end with AC3), and those symbols hint to the location where they find a way (i.e. France).

But I think it would be sensible to assume that at that point it was nothing more than a general idea rather than an elaborate plan.

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Then again, French Revolution had a strong presence within AC, people have been talking/wanting/rumoring it to happen since forever, so it was pretty much a given that they would explore it eventually. I wonder if AC10 will be in China and they will come up saying it was always the plan, as seen in Freedom Cry. :p

Ichrukia56
03-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Then again, French Revolution was had a strong presence withing AC, people have been talking/wanting/rumoring it to happen since forever, so it was pretty much a given that they would explore it eventually. I wonder if AC10 will be in China and they will come up saying it was always the plan, as seen in Freedom Cry. :p

LOL :cool:

SixKeys
03-26-2014, 01:42 PM
The French Revolution always seemed like one of the most likely historical periods to visit anyway. They probably laid out a list of the most interesting periods for an AC game long ago. Whether or not it was planned all along, the French Revolution was bound to become a game at some point.

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 04:58 PM
^ Yeah, that's what is think. It sounds something like Darby saying that list on Black Flag was always a hint if those settings come true eventually.

Templar_Az
03-26-2014, 06:37 PM
In one of the games they let you throw sand in your enemies faces which is clearly a hint that were gonna be in Egypt.

pacmanate
03-26-2014, 09:27 PM

Was just gonna post this.

ziljn
03-26-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm a skeptic by nature and training, but I think its hyperskeptical to deny this was anything but a very strong and direct hint. It's not a very tough stretch to think that a French Canadian studio of a French company creating a series of video games about genetic time tourism would visit Paris and the French Revolution sooner or later. This was widely discussed at the time of Brotherhood's release (although it was overshadowed by the WTF ending of all WTF endings), and speculation then was that "AC3" would take place during the French Revolution. [Of course, that "AC3" became Revelations, and AC3 became the American Revolution and then we had pirates, but now...]

If you haven't seen the ending of Brotherhood in a while (spoiler alert, etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLyHA3FzDbc&feature=youtu.be&t=20s

It must have been important if it got Shaun to shut up.

Two very different websites looked at the same ending and came to the same conclusion:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Colosseum_Vault#Trivia

http://videogamesandthebible.com/2012/10/23/biblical-case-12-assassins-creed-and-the-bible-part-2-the-cap-and-eye/

http://noobproguide.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/phrygian-cap-and-masonic-eye.jpg

http://noobproguide.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/declaration_of_the_rights_of_man_and_of_the_citize n_in_1789-from-wikipedia.jpg

I don't think the question is whether it was a hint at the FR or not. Everyone clearly took it as such. The problem is the tweet claims it was a hint at the FR and the American Revolution in AC3

@jeffreyyohalem Did AC Brotherhood ending (symbols) really was hint for #ACUnity? http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

@dex3108 Yup and AC3, the symbols pointed to American Revolution and French Revolution.

And that contradicts what is actually said in game... that those symbols come together in only one place.

I think development probably switched gears along the way, and to suggest that they were actually hinting at both is a bit disingenuous.

Hans684
03-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Right, becouse of disappointment and much more this is consider a lie by almost the entire fan base. Forgot to add that all AC games has been developed in just one year, it is also impossible to hint something that is planned and made in a long time. Ubisoft = EA = Activision = truth. Totally legit, it's not like the same was done with the one year made Destiny.

I don't think the question is whether it was a hint at the FR or not. Everyone clearly took it as such. The problem is the tweet claims it was a hint at the FR and the American Revolution in AC3

@jeffreyyohalem Did AC Brotherhood ending (symbols) really was hint for #ACUnity? http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

And that contradicts what is actually said in game... that those symbols come together in only one place.

I think development probably switched gears along the way, and to suggest that they were actually hinting at both is a bit disingenuous.

He only say it hinted to both. It hinted to AC3 and Unity. He didn't say both the AR and FR was going to in AC3.

ziljn
03-26-2014, 10:11 PM
He only say it hinted to both. It hinted to AC3 and Unity

Right. AC3 was the American Revolution and Unity is the French Revolution. The idea that it was a hint to both contradicts what was said in game.

He didn't say both the AR and FR was going to in AC3.

Did anyone suggest otherwise?

HDinHB
03-26-2014, 10:42 PM
I don't think the question is whether it was a hint at the FR or not. Everyone clearly took it as such.

That's not the impression I got from the first page or so of this thread. Several expressed disbelief that the French Revolution was planned or hinted at as far back as ACB. I'm convinced it was.

The problem is the tweet claims it was a hint at the FR and the American Revolution in AC3

It does appear that the only "place" those symbols literally appear together is on the French Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen.

On the other hand, the Phrygian cap did appear on some US coins and still appears on the seals of the US Senate and the US Army. And, of course, the all seeing eye is on the back of the dollar bill and the US seal.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/Seal_of_the_United_States_Senate.svg/170px-Seal_of_the_United_States_Senate.svg.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Seal_of_the_US_Department_of_the_Army.svg/200px-Seal_of_the_US_Department_of_the_Army.svg.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3d/Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg/238px-Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg

I don't dispute that. It might be a bit of revisionism on Yohalem's part (or not). Not enough evidence either way, but I wouldn't call him a liar based on what I know.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the original trilogy was planned to be the Crusades, the Renaissance, and the French Revolution, with the other eras added in some time later.

DumbGamerTag94
03-27-2014, 12:00 AM

Like I said before I am convinced that its a hint at 3 things. Cap(hints at France), Eye(Hints at USA), and they both come together in one place could either be a reference to the Declaration of rights of man and the citizen(and thus just be another finger pointing at France proving me wrong), or it could refer to the place(in time) when these two nations came into conflict with each other which would be the Naval War of the 1790s and the Napoleonic Wars.(The US played a third party in the Wars and fought both sides, Fighting the French at sea and the British on land)

But even if I am wrong which is a strong possibility, The US and French Revolutions Shared many symbols anyway so it could be construed either way. Symbols like the Masonic Eye, Phrygian Cap, an Eagle, etc. were used in both Revolutions. And both nations were very connected at the time. French Troops and Navies helped to win the American Revolution, and when France had its revolution America considered declaring war on Britain to defend the French republic,(until they started brutally murdering people) then the US decided to try to be neutral, and ended up fighting both the French and British as a result.

So they may have a Napoleonic/War of 1812 game in the works we don't know about, it would validate the statement the writer made, and would serve as an epic conclusion to the time period, and probably Arno and Connor's stories. After all the Napoleonic Wars were by far the deadliest and most destructive event of the period(so too big for AC to ignore especially if we get the origin story for it i.e. the French Rev), and were a direct result of these two revolutions. (America inspired France to Revolt, and the French revolution in turn made it possible for Napoleon's ascension to power)

I suspect a "Revolution" trilogy was the intention, but AC4Black Flag was thrown in there to buy more time to make ACU better, since they already had the mechanic that was the games basis in AC3(i.e. naval). This may also explain why ACU has no number, if the stories of ACU and AC3 merge then it is technically a part of the same story thus a part of AC3's period/story as AC Brotherhood and Revelations were to AC2. Just a theory I have that seems to answer most of these kind of questions. Its the only thing that makes sense to me and fills all these gaps.

I may be wrong on this but does anyone else have a theory on why there's no number and this whole hint about a cap and eye can be true as well? I'm interested to hear what others have deduced from these bits of information. I will add that I will be even more convinced of my theory if ACU ends in a similar cliff hanger like AC3 did (it just seems from the ending they intended a Connor sequel, or at least left the door open for one IMO.)

-----I just had to add something that just came to me. What if the English Shay Assassin Rumor was actually true but the date wrong its actually Set parallel or After Unity set with one of the cities being London(kind of a tale of two cities vibe)(its not industrial rev but its still 1800s London). This Assassin would make sense to tie the other two stories together because The British fought against BOTH FRANCE AND THE US during the period after the Revolutions of roughly 1790s-1815 with the Napoleonic wars in Europe, and The British Invasion of the US during the war of 1812. A British Assassin would have reason to work with and run in to both Connor and Arno, and end their stories without having a sequel with the same character. Now if the Shay leak was true that just adds more fuel to my theory.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Like I said before I am convinced that its a hint at 3 things. Cap(hints at France), Eye(Hints at USA), and they both come together in one place could either be a reference to the Declaration of rights of man and the citizen(and thus just be another finger pointing at France proving me wrong), or it could refer to the place(in time) when these two nations came into conflict with each other which would be the Naval War of the 1790s and the Napoleonic Wars.(The US played a third party in the Wars and fought both sides, Fighting the French at sea and the British on land)

But even if I am wrong which is a strong possibility, The US and French Revolutions Shared many symbols anyway so it could be construed either way. Symbols like the Masonic Eye, Phrygian Cap, an Eagle, etc. were used in both Revolutions. And both nations were very connected at the time. French Troops and Navies helped to win the American Revolution, and when France had its revolution America considered declaring war on Britain to defend the French republic,(until they started brutally murdering people) then the US decided to try to be neutral, and ended up fighting both the French and British as a result.

So they may have a Napoleonic/War of 1812 game in the works we don't know about, it would validate the statement the writer made, and would serve as an epic conclusion to the time period, and probably Arno and Connor's stories. After all the Napoleonic Wars were by far the deadliest and most destructive event of the period(so too big for AC to ignore especially if we get the origin story for it i.e. the French Rev), and were a direct result of these two revolutions. (America inspired France to Revolt, and the French revolution in turn made it possible for Napoleon's ascension to power)

I suspect a "Revolution" trilogy was the intention, but AC4Black Flag was thrown in there to buy more time to make ACU better, since they already had the mechanic that was the games basis in AC3(i.e. naval). This may also explain why ACU has no number, if the stories of ACU and AC3 merge then it is technically a part of the same story thus a part of AC3's period/story as AC Brotherhood and Revelations were to AC2. Just a theory I have that seems to answer most of these kind of questions. Its the only thing that makes sense to me and fills all these gaps.

I may be wrong on this but does anyone else have a theory on why there's no number and this whole hint about a cap and eye can be true as well? I'm interested to hear what others have deduced from these bits of information. I will add that I will be even more convinced of my theory if ACU ends in a similar cliff hanger like AC3 did (it just seems from the ending they intended a Connor sequel, or at least left the door open for one IMO.)

-----I just had to add something that just came to me. What if the English Shay Assassin Rumor was actually true but the date wrong its actually Set parallel or After Unity set with one of the cities being London(kind of a tale of two cities vibe)(its not industrial rev but its still 1800s London). This Assassin would make sense to tie the other two stories together because The British fought against BOTH FRANCE AND THE US during the period after the Revolutions of roughly 1790s-1815 with the Napoleonic wars in Europe, and The British Invasion of the US during the war of 1812. A British Assassin would have reason to work with and run in to both Connor and Arno, and end their stories without having a sequel with the same character. Now if the Shay leak was true that just adds more fuel to my theory.

Interesting points. Lots of things to analyze on what we've seen so far.

DumbGamerTag94
03-27-2014, 01:07 AM
Interesting points. Lots of things to analyze on what we've seen so far.

Its just what I've put together based on all the "leaks" and "hints" I've seen discussed in these forums. I am curious what other people have come up with based on the things we've heard.

Dome500
03-27-2014, 01:29 AM
I suspect a "Revolution" trilogy was the intention, but AC4Black Flag was thrown in there to buy more time to make ACU better,

I agree, but I think not only this. I think they also threw it in to win time in order to sort all the Desmond stuff out. They gave the MD basically almost no real progression in AC4. My guess is they threw AC4 in to buy time for ACU AND to have more time to decide what to do with MD in the future, since they apparently were clueless after (or even during/before) AC3 on how to continue MD.

HDinHB
03-27-2014, 02:25 AM
Its just what I've put together based on all the "leaks" and "hints" I've seen discussed in these forums. I am curious what other people have come up with based on the things we've heard.
I'm thinking along similar lines to many of your ideas. If Shaun returns in the next game(s), I'm sure he will straighten out the confusion and wonder how we could be so stupid as to misunderstand him.

What if Unity doesn't have a number, because it's a sequel to AC5 (yet to be announced, possibly "Comet"), where our French protagonist (Arnaud?) is introduced?

Is AC5 about the French Geodesic Mission that was mentioned in Freedom Cry and Liberation? I'm not sure if that would be exciting enough for a full game, and it would make Arnaud pretty old by the time of Unity.

Or does AC5 introduce Arnaud as a compatriot of Lafayette (who helped draft the French Declaration of Rights, so expect him to show up again either way)? Does he fight alongside Lafayette in the American Revolution (and does Ubisoft dare have any more game time about that)? Or does he travel with Lafayette when he returns to America years after the American Revolution? Did he meet with Connor during the war or during this later journey. I think this time period is good story, but probably not a good game, as it's really the lull before the storm of Unity.

What if we meet Arnaud in AC5 not before the French Revolution but after? What if AC5 is the game about the Napoleonic Wars, the Battle of Trafalgar, the failed Invasion of Russia and Waterloo? That could be an amazing game. And then in Unity we meet the younger Arnaud and see how he grew into the man we first met in AC5. That would be far more interesting than meeting the young Haytham briefly at the end of AC4. It would be sort of like playing Revelations and then playing AC2.

But it won't be any of those things.

LatinaC09
03-27-2014, 03:18 AM
Interesting speculation guys! I still think that there is another AC game that will come out this year that will give us more info on how Unity connects to the series. I don't think the same protagonist will be the main character in both games though simply for the fact that it would kind of be redundant (unless they released them a year or so apart). We shall see what happens. Hopefully some news will come our way soon.

Dome500
03-27-2014, 05:54 PM
What if Unity doesn't have a number, because it's a sequel to AC5 (yet to be announced, possibly "Comet"), where our French protagonist (Arnaud?) is introduced?

Possible. In this case though the game (AC5 (Comet)) will probably be released cross-gen (not last gen only). That way they bridge the gap. The guys who still have an old console get and AC game and can wait the "usual" year (or less) until they get a new console to play Unity. Those who have next gen already can play both games.

I would do it that way if I was Ubisoft.

Hans684
03-27-2014, 07:51 PM
I suspect we will get AC V/5 next year consider there is an V/5 missing from the AC: Unity title.

Kirokill
03-27-2014, 07:53 PM
I suspect we will get AC V/5 next year consider there is an V/5 missing from the AC: Unity title.

Sneak peak trailer says Holiday 2014, and delaying AC I suspect never happened.
It would be very strange if that happens.

Hans684
03-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Sneak peak trailer says Holiday 2014, and delaying AC I suspect never happened.
It would be very strange if that happens.

What I'm trying to say is that Unity is just Unity, it's not AC: V. If it was then the "V" would be in the title. So I know we will get Unity this year and AC: V next year. Unless they change the title to ACV: Unity.

Dome500
03-28-2014, 12:12 AM
What I'm trying to say is that Unity is just Unity, it's not AC: V. If it was then the "V" would be in the title. So I know we will get Unity this year and AC: V next year. Unless they change the title to ACV: Unity.

Yeah, this is one theory.
The other would be that comet is actually ACV and AC Unity is the sequel of Comet.

Both are potentially true.

souNdwAve89
03-28-2014, 03:23 AM
So if the rumors turn out to be true, then Comet is a sequel to AC4, and going by your theory, Unity is a sequel to Comet... A game on last gen being AC5 sounds weird since you would think Ubisoft would take advantage of the PS4 and Xbox One capabilities. I can imagine Ubisoft showing a cinematic of Unity at this year's E3, and when the trailer ends and title comes up, the guillotine slashes the title to make it Assassin's Creed V: Unity like what Square Enix did with Final Fantasy Versus 13 to FF15, lol.