PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate Shaun and hope he dies this time around?

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 06:57 PM
I really really hate this character. he was minimalized in BF but in past games i couldn't stand his stupid banter. i guess he's supposed to be the snarky, sarcastic, insulting british guy (simon cowell) sterotype that people seem to think americans think is funny. so many times i wanted desmond to grab his twerp throat and choke him out. he's long outlived his use imo, and its kinda rediculous that hes gotta be on the templar most wanted list, but he's serving joe in the abstergo lobby.....right. can we please just do away with him? rebecca, while being the standard 'hot young chick tech wiz' character we've seen a million times is at least tolerable, she can stay.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 07:05 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rkg3O0Ywc4s/maxresdefault.jpg

Dome500
03-25-2014, 07:06 PM
LEAVE :mad: NOW

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 07:09 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rkg3O0Ywc4s/maxresdefault.jpg

yuck....this picture is missing a hidden blade in his neck

Kaschra
03-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Shaun is just too cool for you, pal.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Lol no, Shaun is funny, like his sarcastic comments. :D.

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Why!?... I like his sarcasm, only people who are intelligent enough will understand his sense of humour. :p

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Why!?... I like his stuck up attitude and sarcastic humour.

huh...guess i'm just alone on this one! i think its terribly not funny and annoying. if it was just part of his character it'd be ok, but its ALL of his character...he's overkill. we get it, you're the smartass jerk who picks people apart....yeck, enough of that already. its clever occasionally when reading his take on history, but when desmonds passing out from the bleeding affect, people are dieing and the world is coming to an end and he's all like "its about time desmond,today would be nice!' shut up. he just reminds me of people who act like complete jerks because they know nobodies going to kick their arse for it.

Sushiglutton
03-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Haha this was an unusual thread :D! Can't say I agree though.

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 07:45 PM
huh...guess i'm just alone on this one! i think its terribly not funny and annoying. if it was just part of his character it'd be ok, but its ALL of his character...he's overkill. we get it, you're the smartass jerk who picks people apart....yeck, enough of that already. its clever occasionally when reading his take on history, but when desmonds passing out from the bleeding affect, people are dieing and the world is coming to an end and he's all like "its about time desmond,today would be nice!' shut up. he just reminds me of people who act like complete jerks because they know nobodies going to kick their arse for it.

I was not personally attacking you, mate. :)

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Lucy would put him in his place...but she's dead..Juno killed her...omg Shaun is Juno

Kirokill
03-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Shaun is worth more than Desmond. AC3 ending to me, was satisfying.

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
I was not personally attacking you, mate. :)

lol, i know man...i kinda just type as if i was conversating alot of times...not sure if i came off hostile...but i am very surprised, i honestly think i hate his character more than any other in a game, and i've been gaming for 25 years!

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 08:00 PM
i thought Shaun was cool with his smart *** comments and his accent :)

jayjay275
03-25-2014, 08:10 PM
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz303/sotsuland/SH4.png

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 09:34 PM
I can't stand Shaun either. He's not even a funny a-hole, just an annoying one.

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Shaun is hilarious. He reminds me of a snarkier version of wheatley.

Hans684
03-25-2014, 09:43 PM

And John from IT is GLaDOS.

roostersrule2
03-25-2014, 09:49 PM
He was prime in ACB, can't say he's been to impressive since but he still has the occasional funny moment.

If he should die, it has to be hilarious.

Kagurra
03-25-2014, 10:36 PM
I love Shaun. He reminds me of Stephen Merchant.

SchlechterWolf
03-25-2014, 10:38 PM
He's a really awful character that was tolerable in Assassin's Creed II but became increasingly irksome in subsequent games. His lead-balloon humour broke the sombre atmosphere of the 2012 sections far too often, and played a significant role in the devolution of Desmond's storyline into a weak, cartoonish farce. He has always been an entirely redundant, one-dimensional character. Rebecca is also redundant, but at least she was given some level of depth.

They could have, and should have, used the combined salaries of Danny Wallace and Eliza Schneider to fund a renewal of Kristen Bell's contract. Whatever you thought of Lucy Stillman, she was far more compelling than Shaun Hastings and whatever cheap drivel and barren emotional displays he has had to offer in the past five games.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 10:52 PM

And John from IT is GLaDOS.
Shaun also reminds me of Alister Fletcher from Tomb Raider: Legend & Underworld.Their personalities are the same so much so they could be brothers!

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 10:55 PM
I like both him and Rebecca, both 10 times better than Lucy. Wouldn't hurt to have someone new join the "core" player team though

SchlechterWolf
03-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Shaun also reminds me of Alister Fletcher from Tomb Raider: Legend & Underworld.Their personalities are the same so much so they could be brothers!

Let's hope that Shaun also gets shot by the Doppelgänger then.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Let's hope that Shaun also gets shot by the Doppelgänger then.
Ha! Yeah I'm not gonna lie.. that would be awesome! :D

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 11:45 PM
I like Shaun. Shaun's the man. British humour is the best type of humour and Shaun has that in abundance.

Did you know that the man who plays Shaun created his own country? - The Kingdom of Lovely. He tried, and failed, to enter Eurovision.

Name's Danny Wallace.

Calvarok
03-25-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't get the bizarre aggression people have towards such a minor side character. Are people really that offended by british snark? Just for that, I hope the next game has a huge amount of shaun content. Go jump in a lake.

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 12:03 AM
I knew they nailed his character when Lucy asked Desmond to sort out the eletricity problem with Shaun in Brotherhood and all I could think was: "oh no :(".

Whenever I am trully annoyed at an annoying character - that's when I know they managed they did a good job (although that are some cases where the annoyance comes purely from a poor job). I like when they manage to create side characters with actual personalities, instead of being just generic people thrown together for the sake of a supporting cast.

DumbGamerTag94
03-26-2014, 12:17 AM
Wow I had no idea there was a minority of people who hated Shaun so much haha. Personally I like him. To quote the OP "he's the British Simon cowel stereotype that people think Americans think is funny". Well I'm an American and I do find him funny haha people must know us very well. I kinda want to see the next AC set in Victorian London now with a whole bunch of lower class characters that look and sound like Shaun just to tick off this small group of haters lol.

Consus_E
03-26-2014, 12:32 AM
He's the only reason I left the Animus in ACB, 3, and 4...

so many times i wanted desmond to grab his twerp throat and choke him out.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me4587fg701qdt01to1_500.gif

SchlechterWolf
03-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Well I can only speak for myself - but as far as my opinions are concerned there's really no need to be so reductive and assume that I must 'hate' Shaun. I just do not like him; and when he continues to be such a vapid and vacuous character after five games, how could I be expected to?

BATISTABUS
03-26-2014, 01:47 AM
First of all, I just want to say that the title of this thread is hilarious.

I like Shaun enough to not mind him sticking around. I thought he was particularly annoying in Brotherhood, but everyone was in that game.

mikeyf1999
03-26-2014, 02:12 AM
You probably hate because of one word
Cynical that's exactly what Shaun is he tells things as he sees it (ac2 and ac3)

SchlechterWolf
03-26-2014, 02:19 AM
I thought he was particularly annoying in Brotherhood, but everyone was in that game.

Juno is the sole exception; she was incredible. She saw more character development in the space of fifteen minutes than anyone else in Brotherhood managed over a period of several hours.

She stole the show in III aswell.

Soulid_Snake
03-26-2014, 03:07 AM
If he was like in AC2 for the rest of the games, I would want him to F*** off, not die. In fairness, I found that he calmed down alot in Brohood and AC3.

Templar_Az
03-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Even his death would probably be hilarious.

adventurewomen
03-26-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm indifferent towards Shaun, he's funny yeah I'll give him that.. if he lives I'm fine with that if he dies I'll be fine with that, same with Rebecca. :)

SixKeys
03-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Why do people assume that anyone who doesn't like Shaun must not enjoy British humor? As if Shaun is some kind of prime example of British humor. He's not. He's an annoying **** who just happens to be British. There are plenty of actually funny British comedians.

He got better in ACB and (briefly) ACR and then reached Super Saiyan levels of annoying in AC3.

Locopells
03-26-2014, 03:05 PM
He was prime in ACB, can't say he's been to impressive since but he still has the occasional funny moment.

I dunno, his breakdown of the cause of the War of Independence, and his poking fun at the way the Founding Fathers get used as justification for everything were quite good...

Cynical that's exactly what Shaun is he tells things as he sees it (ac2 and ac3)

Which is why I like him - see my last.

Did you know that the man who plays Shaun created his own country? - The Kingdom of Lovely. He tried, and failed, to enter Eurovision.
Name's Danny Wallace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMPYw72G8ic

This should so have got in and won. Much better then most of the junk you get in Eurovision.

Agreed. TRL is my favorite of that cycle, mainly because of the banter between him, Zip and Lara.