PDA

View Full Version : If you could see an Assassin in a fighting game, who would it be?

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 06:40 PM
I've seen other characters make fighting game crossovers in the past...vader, nathan drake, mavel vs capcom is a big one. i'd love to see a ac character make that move. though i don't play fighting games so much any more, it seems like an easy crossover. soul caliber comes most to mind because of the weapons. who would you most want to see. i think connor with the tomahawk or eddies dual cutlasses would be the coolest

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 06:43 PM
They already did that with Ezio...what game was it?

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBVdXToUvII

Honestly, any of them would be well suited for a fighting game. It's just about who's relevant at the time (with the exception of Altair and Ezio).

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 06:48 PM
They already did that with Ezio...what game was it?

oh cool...i'll have to google it or something

ze_topazio
03-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Super Assassin's Creed vs Street Fight EX arcade edition

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 06:54 PM

Brings back memories :p

Kirokill
03-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Honestly, any of them would be well suited for a fighting game. It's just about who's relevant at the time (with the exception of Altair and Ezio).

This looks fantastic!

But now that we have Connor and Edward.
Connor is most likely to be chosen, mate is better than a beast with the kill animations.

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 06:57 PM
This looks fantastic!

But now that we have Connor and Edward.
Connor is most likely to be chosen, mate is better than a beast with the kill animations.

True.. and Edward would also be a good fit with his cutlasses, and not mention Connor from TOKW with his animal spirit powers.

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 07:02 PM

wow, i've never seen this. and i think i owned 3 soul caliber games before that. always was my fav. wonder if i can dl this on psn

lothario-da-be
03-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Ezio suits the best for a fighting game, in both animations and look.

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Relevant thread plug:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/765357-Assassin-s-Creed-Duel-(What-if-)

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Ezio suits the best for a fighting game, in both animations and look.

Kinda think that all Assassin's have the look, fighting animations and fighting style except for Altair only because his moves are limited.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4D1DU5YtPA

Aphex_Tim
03-25-2014, 07:24 PM
and not mention Connor from TOKW with his animal spirit powers.

Basically becoming Nightwolf from Mortal Kombat. :p

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Basically becoming Nightwolf from Mortal Kombat. :p

Basically all of his assassinations, counter animations and animal spirit powers doubles up as his Fatalities. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 08:04 PM

and not mention Connor from TOKW with his animal spirit powers.

It's pretty obvious Connor would be an awesome choice! His counters are too awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4D1DU5YtPA

*swoons*

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=408ZySXqhoM

Too good <3

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 09:24 PM
And I LOVE THIS VERSION <3<3<3 - Skip to :50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCbw9pRbMgQ

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 09:25 PM
All these counter kills in AC3 and I still can't even manage to do the human shield trick. XD

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 09:37 PM

Too good <3

And I LOVE THIS VERSION <3<3<3 - Skip to :50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCbw9pRbMgQ
*Swoons* Connor is just an amazing strong warrior! In AC3 & TOKW he's just amazing, love him! <3

Can you imagine almost being hurt by some templars/guards and Connor coming to your recuse to save you! Yeah I'm playing the Damsel in Distress Card again!

All these counter kills in AC3 and I still can't even manage to do the human shield trick. XD
Same here, I think I did that trick once or twice but I forgot how to do that trick! :(

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 09:41 PM
*Swoons* Connor is just an amazing strong warrior! In AC3 & TOKW he's just amazing, love him! <3

Can you imagine almost being hurt by some templars/guards and Connor coming to your recuse to save you! Yeah I'm playing the Damsel in Distress Card again! <3

I don't blame you :p

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 09:46 PM

Too good <3

Watching this video made me cringe. If i had to die by connor i'd choose to die via stabbing not clubbing.

How does that guy have a black outfit? Mods?

And how was he sitting at one point?

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 09:51 PM
I don't blame you :p
I'm so happy you understand! :)

Watching this video made me cringe. If i had to die by connor i'd choose to die via stabbing not clubbing.

How does that guy have a black outfit? Mods?

And how was he sitting at one point?
You can buy those outfit dyes like previous AC games you just go to amy general store. That black dye on Connor's Assassin Robes is called New York Outfit.

You can get Connor to sit in blending areas and when a guard walks by attack them from the hiding spot, much like previous assassin games where you can attack a guard or victim from a bench. Connor can lean from a fence, or sit on a bench or blend in a crowd and kill - there are so many hiding spots where Connor can kill a victim or a guard.

silvermercy
03-25-2014, 09:53 PM
I've read fishing game and thought of this but with assassins. lol

http://www.okokchina.com/Files/uppic11/Wind%20Up%20Fishing%20Game%20-%208%20pcs825.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm so happy you understand! :)

You can buy those outfit dyes like previous AC games you just go to a general store. That black dye on Connor's Assassin Robes is called New York Outfit.

You can get Connor to sit in blending areas and when a guard walks by attack them from the hiding spot, much like previous assassin games where you can attack a guard or victim from a bench. Connor can lean from a fence, or sit on a bench or blend in a crowd and kill.

I had no idea....

CAN I DYE HIS OUTFIT PINK!?!?!?!

silvermercy
03-25-2014, 09:55 PM
I had no idea....

A dream come true for me if we could do that... *le sigh*

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 09:56 PM
I had no idea....

Sadly no, I wish we could be we can't.

There are a few outfit dyes at the general store you might like, you just have to purchase them first before you can see Connor wearing the dyed robes.

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 09:58 PM
No pink option?

2/10 would not buy.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 10:00 PM
No pink option?

2/10 would not buy.
:(

Okay well this is why Connor's original robes are the best looking dye color! :D

I also have a thing for Connor in his Aquila outfit. :o

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 10:07 PM
:(

Okay well this is why Connor's original robes are the best looking dye color! :D

I also have a thing for Connor in his Aquila outfit. :o

Aquila connor is my fav.

Can the Aquila outfit be dyed too?

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Aquila connor is my fav.

Can the Aquila outfit be dyed too?
I just checked, unfortunately Connor's Aquila outfit can't be dyed.. when at the general store you only have the option for Connor's Assassin Robes dyes when wearing another outfit that's not his robes.

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 10:21 PM
I just checked, unfortunately Connor's Aquila outfit can't be dyed.. when at the general store you only have the option for Connor's Assassin Robes dyes when wearing another outfit that's not his robes.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120616003315/random-ness/images/9/9f/Darth_vader_no.gif

Oh well. Aquila is in the color i like anyway :o

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Can you imagine almost being hurt by some templars/guards and Connor coming to your recuse to save you! Yeah I'm playing the Damsel in Distress Card again!

And then Connor throws in his next level romantic skills. :')
"What do... you... women... like...?"

EchoFiveKilo
03-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Connor easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTc9NAaqbQ

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Does anybody know if there are compilations like that for ACIV double kills?

(and I mean clear categorized ones, because a lot of AC4 kill montages are just combat, or montages of both counters and dual counters and whatnot, a lot of times with the same moves repeated over and over and over again)

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2014, 04:22 PM
AC4 has double kills?

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 04:25 PM
AC4 has double kills?

Don't know if that's a sarcastic question referencing the rarity of double attacks (with all the leaks and discussions and topics there was lots of sarcasm in these threads lately), so I'll answer it seriously: yeah, AC4 has double kills.

This video has got a bunch of them, but far from all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMaY_Cfpxog

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Also this one has a bunch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxnXP9gax-A

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2014, 04:32 PM
No sarcasm, I can honestly say I've never encountered any double kills so far in AC4.
I must have missed other comments on it since I hadn't been on these forums for a couple of months after AC4 released.

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 04:36 PM
No sarcasm, I can honestly say I've never encountered any double kills so far in AC4.
I must have missed other comments on it since I hadn't been on these forums for a couple of months after AC4 released.

Yeah, they decided to make them happen more rarely in AC4.

It's a shame, because a lot of them are pretty awesome, actually (I like the double sworded ones).

Not like AC4 combat system is THAT more challenging that the double kill happening more often would be a big factor in reducing difficulty.

EchoFiveKilo
03-28-2014, 11:07 AM
AC3's double kills make AC4's look so poverty. Not to mention they reused alot of AC3's as well as attempted to make their own out of copying AC3's choreography. Connor is the best fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y6SsGODcGw

Farlander1991
03-28-2014, 11:56 AM
AC3's double kills make AC4's look so poverty.

I love AC3 choerography, but AC4 double sword kills and new hidden blade ones are awesome :p Although camera work also plays a role here I think, AC3 camera sometimes may make the same animation as in AC4 look more epic.

Though my favourite double kill is from AC3, the one where Connor does a roll with his hidden blades (1:00 in the latest vid), I don't think it's present in AC4 (though, I've never encountered two people both attacking with rifles in AC4, the riflemen are usually somewhere on rooftops).

Hans684
03-28-2014, 08:47 PM
It would be a hit.

EchoFiveKilo
03-28-2014, 11:10 PM
I love AC3 choerography, but AC4 double sword kills and new hidden blade ones are awesome :p Although camera work also plays a role here I think, AC3 camera sometimes may make the same animation as in AC4 look more epic.

Though my favourite double kill is from AC3, the one where Connor does a roll with his hidden blades (1:00 in the latest vid), I don't think it's present in AC4 (though, I've never encountered two people both attacking with rifles in AC4, the riflemen are usually somewhere on rooftops).

Indeed. Although, there are no new hidden blade double kills in AC4 - they are all from AC3. Just watch the two compilation videos, you'll find them all in there. Two of AC4's double kills with the sword are also direct copypastes of AC3's tomahawk double kills, all they did was alter them a little bit (like adding a weapon in the left hand) to accommodate Edwards dual swords.

Farlander1991
03-28-2014, 11:11 PM
Although, there are no new hidden blade double kills in AC4

There's at least one, it's where Edward kinda 'throws' one of the people with his hidden blade, that's not in AC3 for sure.

EchoFiveKilo
03-29-2014, 03:23 AM
There's at least one, it's where Edward kinda 'throws' one of the people with his hidden blade, that's not in AC3 for sure.

If you can find it in a video for me I would happily take back my statement.

So far there are only 3 in AC4, which are taken directly from AC3 - the one where he spinning back kicks a guy in the face, the one where he trips a guy, and clothesline tackles the other and stabs them both on the ground, and another one from AC3.

I think one of the reasons AC4's double kills look horrible is due to a couple complaints on this forum about AC3's fight camera 'taking them out of the fight'. Im unsure if AC4s fight team changed it to accommodate to a few kids on this site who cant orient themselves while playing a video game, but that is one of the major reasons for AC4's double kills looking very weak, awkward looking as well as the animation looking very blocky. HOPEFULLY, AC3's fight/animation team will handle combat in all future AC's.

Farlander1991
03-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Also this one has a bunch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxnXP9gax-A

In this video, the first hidden blade counter (at 0:39 approx, after the last double sword counter) is not from AC3.

poptartz20
03-29-2014, 09:31 AM

Brings back memories :p

Oh yes.. Soul Calibur 5. Ahh.. I was disappointed with this one. :/ Not only was Ezio not good, but they took out one of my favorite characters which was Kilik. (he was there just not the same way) SC3 & SC4 will remain my favorite in the series.

Farlander1991
03-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Oh, btw, all AC4 double sword double kills are unique to AC4, the ones copied from tomahawk are for single sword (though, AC3 used tomahawk ones for swords as well). There's one double kill that involves getting a second sword, but just like Connor, Edward throws it down after the kill, keep only one sword in hand.

EchoFiveKilo
03-29-2014, 12:31 PM
Oh, btw, all AC4 double sword double kills are unique to AC4, the ones copied from tomahawk are for single sword (though, AC3 used tomahawk ones for swords as well). There's one double kill that involves getting a second sword, but just like Connor, Edward throws it down after the kill, keep only one sword in hand.

There are 2 double sword kills in AC4 that are copied from AC3 - they just changed the animation slightly (adding dual swords instead of tomahawk). I cant be bothered to point them out right now but if you watch the AC3 compilatons I posted they are there. It was understandable for AC3 to have the same double kills for sword and tomahawk, because swords and tomahawks are held in the same way. Sure it wouldve been nice to have separate ones, but I dont mind. At least the sword and tomahawk have separate counter kills.

Farlander1991
03-29-2014, 12:44 PM
There are 2 double sword kills in AC4 that are copied from AC3 - they just changed the animation slightly (adding dual swords instead of tomahawk). I cant be bothered to point them out right now but if you watch the AC3 compilatons I posted they are there. It was understandable for AC3 to have the same double kills for sword and tomahawk, because swords and tomahawks are held in the same way. Sure it wouldve been nice to have separate ones, but I dont mind. At least the sword and tomahawk have separate counter kills.

Again, the ones copied from AC3 are SINGLE sword double kills. Even the one that includes a second sword - that's NOT Edward's sword used, that's the sword that he takes away from the enemy, just like Connor does.

Kirokill
03-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Again, the ones copied from AC3 are SINGLE sword double kills. Even the one that includes a second sword - that's NOT Edward's sword used, that's the sword that he takes away from the enemy, just like Connor does.

He is right. There are ones(double sword kills(Both belong to Edward)) that are taken from AC3.
Example, watch the 2 videos in the last page, alright?
The AC4 video skip to 0:16
And see the first kill in AC3 video
Both are similar, except the final move where Connor jumps with his tomahawk while Edward puts one sword in the head and stabs him with the other one.

AC4 at 0:30
AC3 at 3:47
There is small similarity in the beginning, but instead of the guard shooting Edward uses his pistol gun and shoots them both.

Farlander1991
03-29-2014, 01:41 PM
He is right. There are ones(double sword kills(Both belong to Edward)) that are taken from AC3.
Example, watch the 2 videos in the last page, alright?
The AC4 video skip to 0:16
And see the first kill in AC3 video
Both are similar, except the final move where Connor jumps with his tomahawk while Edward puts one sword in the head and stabs him with the other one.

I was talking about copies, though. That one while similar is different in rhythm in the first half (which is why I haven't the similarities without direct comparison there - I guess it has to do with adapting the moves to sword slashing), not to mention that it's the final move that's the memorable one in both animations and it's totally different. I would argue that this in combination still makes it unique to AC4.

Like, there's an animation (for single sword), which in Connor's case ends with sticking the pivot blade into one guy's chest and the sword in another ones, but in Edward's case instead of using the pivot blade he punches with his elbow (but the blade made a wound on the way). So even though technically it's different, I still consider it a copy of AC3 since there's no real rhythmic or movement difference. That's not the case with this example IMO.

AC4 at 0:30
AC3 at 3:47
There is small similarity in the beginning, but instead of the guard shooting Edward uses his pistol gun and shoots them both.

You have to be more specific, I don't see any similarities at all.

Kirokill
03-29-2014, 02:09 PM
I was talking about copies, though. That one while similar is different in rhythm in the first half (which is why I haven't the similarities without direct comparison there - I guess it has to do with adapting the moves to sword slashing), not to mention that it's the final move that's the memorable one in both animations and it's totally different. I would argue that this in combination still makes it unique to AC4.

Like, there's an animation (for single sword), which in Connor's case ends with sticking the pivot blade into one guy's chest and the sword in another ones, but in Edward's case instead of using the pivot blade he punches with his elbow (but the blade made a wound on the way). So even though technically it's different, I still consider it a copy of AC3 since there's no real rhythmic or movement difference. That's not the case with this example IMO.

You have to be more specific, I don't see any similarities at all.

Oh well then I don't think there is a full copy pasted double sword kill animation

And to the second part, I don't mean the animation more of the style to kill.
Both let one injure his mate. Both take a guy, and both make one get shot.
The only similarity is how they both held the guy before Edward stabs.
And I think it's easier to say, I added a bad example.

mikeyf1999
03-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Oh yes.. Soul Calibur 5. Ahh.. I was disappointed with this one. :/ Not only was Ezio not good, but they took out one of my favorite characters which was Kilik. (he was there just not the same way) SC3 & SC4 will remain my favorite in the series.

Ezio was good if you could really pull off good moves
I agree on kilik he is/was my favorite character
I'm even more pissed off that kilik an xianghia didn't get together