PDA

View Full Version : Bring back long load times for guns

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 03:48 PM
So i'm really hoping favor a more ac3 style of pistol action in ac unity. i've been re-playing the game lately and even though i have dual double barrel pistols (4 shots) its not nearly as easy to use/reload as edward and his 4 pistols. i don't necessarily have a problem with guns in the games...but i just think its a much better game, when you have to actually use melee weapons. in ac3, it takes a while to reload your guns, to the point where its pretty impossible to do in combat. edward on the other hand, i could trot around a bit, reload four pistols, and bust off 4 more shots. i think he did it in like 3-5 seconds. i guess my main issue is with the ranged weapons in general. there should be a downside to useing them, like long load times, noise....something. i remember the crossbow being a silent kill button in the ezio games, with like 25 arrows...too much. ac3 had the perfect balance i thought....the bow was slower, the guns were somewhat cumbersome. in ac 4, between guns and the blowpipe, you could usually avoid stealth, and if confronted with a gang of baddies, a simple smoke grenade did the trick

Kirokill
03-25-2014, 03:54 PM
Edward puts 4 bullets in a single flintlock, AC3 was more realistic in that matter. And I honestly didn't get bothered with the long reload time rather enjoyed it.

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 04:11 PM
You don't have to reload more than two times in AC3, though. The pistols with two bullets are reloaded two bullets at a time, so even they had some leisure there.

I think AC4 has a nice compromise. The animation itself is long enough, and you don't receive all four bullets at the same time after it completes - they appear one by one, and if you're somehow interrupted or do some other actions, stop doing that. In the midst of battle reloading all four bullets might be tricky, especially if there are agiles involved or if it's a ship boarding.

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Edward puts 4 bullets in a single flintlock, AC3 was more realistic in that matter. And I honestly didn't get bothered with the long reload time rather enjoyed it.

i liked the longer load as well, in fact, you only load one gun at a time..if you hit reload, he reloads one but not the other. so you actually have to make an effort to do so. honestly the only reason i ever even got the 4 shots in the first place was because it makes it much easier to get full synch on that awful foggy chase mission where you have to stop washingtons men from attacking the village.

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 04:24 PM
I prefer the AC4 system. It's a nice compromise between AC3 and AC2/B/R. In the Ezio games reloading was instant, in AC3 it took forever and you had to remember to do it manually. Edward reloads automatically when he's out of bullets and the waiting time is tolerable.