PDA

View Full Version : Which of the Assassin's Creed settings would you pick to live in & why?

EricMinchey
03-25-2014, 05:55 AM
1. First Civilization

2. Israel & Syria 1189 – 1192

3. Italy during the Renaissance

4. 13th century Masyaf & 16th century Constantinople

5. American Colonies 1754 - 1783

6. In and around the city of New Orleans and the Louisiana Bayou 1765 – 1777

7. On and around the islands in the Caribbean Sea during the Golden Age of Piracy in the early 18th century

8. Revolutionary France.

9. Abstergo Facility/Assassin Safe-house in Rome, Italy. The Villa Auditore in Monteriggioni, Italy. New York, Abstergo Entertainment in Montreal. Modern Times: 2012 - 2013

10. None of the above

My Choice: Caribbean- sun, rum, and leisure as far as the eye can see. Need I say more? or American Colonies- so I can try to find out where our Founding Father's went wrong & how our country got so messed up.

Calvarok
03-25-2014, 06:09 AM
The historical side of AC games are purposefully set in places during times where no-one would really want to live there... so I'm going to go with Modern Times, 2013, Abstergo Entertainment, Montreal.

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 06:10 AM
Modern day.

edit:

Darn, beaten to the punch.

FFFFFine. French revolution era. but only so I can find Connor and have a family with him. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 06:26 AM
All of those places, except modern day

Consus_E
03-25-2014, 06:40 AM
None of the above...

HDinHB
03-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Modern day--flush toilets and two-ply toilet paper thank you very much.

The Caribbean sounds nice, but too many bloody pirates.

Any time with a revolution going on is going to be a lot of misery.

Second choice would be the Renaissance, but only if I was in the upper class. Hot running courtesans, and I could pick up some da Vincis, Michelangelos, and Raphaels for cheap.

Moultonborough
03-25-2014, 07:49 AM
Probally Florance. Been there before and it's not too off from Modern Day Florance. I wouldn't want to live in a Abstergo facility at all though Assassin Hideout in Florance might be nice.

RinoTheBouncer
03-25-2014, 11:23 AM
AC2, ACB or AC:R so Ezio and I can be together forever. #judgeme

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 11:27 AM
America 1754 & onwards! I'd have Connor protect me, <3 fall in love etc.. :o

Yes I am throwing in the damsel in distress card! Connor saved me from some templars..;)

Al settings are great, I just have a favourite AC setting!

Dev_Anj
03-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Well, you have running water, good food, well maintained toilets, and a good job in Abstergo Entertainment, so definitely there.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Just the thought of pre-20th century toilets makes me shiver...

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Probably colonial America. Even though it's my least favorite setting in the games, the closer we get to modern times the less it sucks to be a woman.

Sushiglutton
03-25-2014, 12:50 PM

Nailed it!

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Live in a world without video games? **** that! :p :D

Sushiglutton
03-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Live in a world without video games? **** that! :p :D

First you need to have a real toilet. Then you can start to think about what to do while you're there ;)

LatinaC09
03-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Probably colonial America. Even though it's my least favorite setting in the games, the closer we get to modern times the less it sucks to be a woman.

Haha true that! I'd still like to see what it was like back then.

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 02:46 PM
I'll happily live in all the eras where there are Courtesans :)

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 02:46 PM
I'd most like to VISIT reniassance italy for the history/art/architecture......but i'd most want to live in modern times. not trying to give up my phone, computer, tv, etc. plus if this is all hypothetical, i could just enter the animus and visit those places np. only problem is that if you try to hook up in the animus, you just wake up standing next to the bed with a chick in it. kinda like waking up from a sex dream right before the deed.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 02:54 PM
You mean every era in every place in the world? Oldest job in the world etc

Dome500
03-25-2014, 02:57 PM
16th century Constantinople.

It was a multiculutral melting pot, the times were not THAT hard or socially unstable and you could get almost EVERYWHERE from Constantinople.
Plus I would meet and old and wise Ezio and could talk with him about philosophy and stuff :D

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 03:00 PM
You mean every era in every place in the world? Oldest job in the world etc

Its funny because I can only seem to remember there being courtesans in Ac2, brotherhood and revelations. Did the other 3 games have courtesans?

anyways im not really into courtesans I was just joking.

I wanna live in first civilisation era; as a first civ person ofcourse not a human cuz I would be a slave :/

RinoTheBouncer
03-25-2014, 03:05 PM
I wanna live in first civilisation era; as a first civ person ofcourse not a human cuz I would be a slave :/

That’s where I wanna live! we’ll meet there, bro :P
well there were Courtesans in ACIV. Not sure about ACIII and AC:L, though.

oliacr
03-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Constantinople above all!

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 03:07 PM
That’s where I wanna live! we’ll meet there, bro :P
well there were Courtesans in ACIV. Not sure about ACIII and AC:L, though.

will there be courtesans in first civ era? lmfao

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
If only they had protection back then, can you imagine the std's & sti's they would be carrying. *shudders* :eek:

RinoTheBouncer
03-25-2014, 03:17 PM
will there be courtesans in first civ era? lmfao

Steal an Apple of Eden and every guy/girl will be your courtesan. LOL.

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 03:27 PM
If only they had protection back then, can you imagine the std's & sti's they would be carrying. *shudders* :eek:

Im pretty sure std's wasnt as bad back in the day as they are now; much worse now. I dont know much about the topic but according to wikipedia the first recorded incident of std's was in the 15th century (syphilis).

Mr.GoodKall
03-25-2014, 03:34 PM
16-17th century so I can ride a horse and become a knight, and fight in crusades. Second choice is PIRATES PIRATES PIRATES

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Im pretty sure std's wasnt as bad back in the day as they are now; much worse now. I dont know much about the topic but according to wikipedia the first recorded incident of std's was in the 15th century (syphilis).

First recorded incident. Keep in mind people didn't always have much understanding of symptoms and talking about things related to sexuality was often heavily frowned upon. Sometimes people just died mysteriously and the cause wasn't clear until people realized STDs weren't just confined to the genital area.

Kaschra
03-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Well, the obvious answer is Modern Day. Can't live without our modern toilets, electricity, modern medicine or all the things that make our live so comfortable and easy.
But that's a boring answer.

I would like to live in the Caribbean... on Great Inagua... in Edward's mansion lol
Florence is also pretty nice.

I-Like-Pie45
03-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Obviously the Summer of Love

Hans684
03-25-2014, 06:00 PM
1. First Civilization

Would have loved to live in that time and they are closest are in the past to MD. And I would create a name for myself, become the most legendary Fist Civ member.

2. Israel & Syria 1189 1192

No but if I would I would be an Assassin or rather The Assassin. Creating a name for myself again.

3. Italy during the Renaissance

Yes but I would be a nobleman and live in Florence, Florence is the only cite I can connect with in the games. The other city's is rather dull, truth be told.

4. 13th century Masyaf & 16th century Constantinople

Yes, but it would be Constantinople. Not sure what to be, maybe a minstrel :p

5. American Colonies 1754 - 1783

Maybe but I would choose to live in the frontier.

6. In and around the city of New Orleans and the Louisiana Bayou 1765 1777

When I need a vicantion I would leave the frontier in the American Colonies for a trip to New Orleans.

7. On and around the islands in the Caribbean Sea during the Golden Age of Piracy in the early 18th century

Yes, i love hot and tropical places. And I would be not a Pirate but The Pirate. Creating a name for myself again and save Blackbeard.

8. Revolutionary France.

Not sure, i mean France is beautiful but I don't want to lose my head. So I would not be noble, I will become a nobleman trough the revelution.

9. Abstergo Facility/Assassin Safe-house in Rome, Italy. The Villa Auditore in Monteriggioni, Italy. New York, Abstergo Entertainment in Montreal. Modern Times: 2012 - 2013

No to the places in Rome. Yes to Villa Auditore, and AE. The Villa as my home and AE as my work place.[/QUOTE]

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 06:29 PM
It depends. As a wealthy person, I'd like to live in the Italian Renaissance. As someone with less wealth, I'd prefer the Caribbean for the environment.

Anyway, these are the locations I've actually been to.

-Akko/Akka/Acre (Israel) [one month]
-Jerusalem (Israel) [one afternoon]
-Florence (Italy) [a few days]
-Boston (USA) [multiple visits]
-New York (USA) [one day]
-Key Largo, Southern Florida (USA) [scuba diving, one week]

In modern times, I'd prefer either Florida, Florence, or Boston.

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 06:36 PM
You'd be even better off as a Mohawk woman. They're matriarchal and matrilineal.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 06:39 PM
First world spoiled babies with first problems...