PDA

View Full Version : DLC Purchase, meant for 2012 wont install in 2014

Cyberiencee
03-25-2014, 05:36 AM
I purchased the 2014, and saw a song in the steam store, purchased it, but then it doesnt apear in my game, in Steam it says this Song is for Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014, but it also says you need to install Rocksmith to play this song?
I am confused. and where can I get all the songs from the earlier version from?

BazzTard61
03-25-2014, 06:40 AM
i read somewhere steam had rs1 on sale for $8

Greenbrick2
03-25-2014, 11:24 AM
If you're able to purchase it, it should show up in game. If restarting the game didn't fix it, try verifying the game files in the Steam client.

The issue with 2012 DLC was that Steam wouldn't allow you to purchase it unless you own 2012. (And this was supposed to be fixed already.) Once you're able to purchase it, it works fine in both games.

To get the 2012 on-disc songs, you need to own 2012, then purchase the import tool for 2014.

rcole_sooner
03-25-2014, 02:59 PM
This is assuming you are PC...

As for the songs on the RS1 disc, you will need to get RS1 and then the import tool (another $10), then you can get all the previous on-disc RS1 songs. You actually only need the code to enter into Steam, you don't even have to install the game.

The previous RS1 dlc does not require the import tool ... it did used to require RS1, but I thought that was being fixed.

Hmmm, evidently not quite over that hurdle yet? :confused:

I thought Steam had a fix in for this ... maybe they are still in transition.

As others have said there was an $8 sale for RS1, if you are not willing to wait it out.

If you are xbox...

You just need to get a copy of the game and play long enough to get a save file (basically stick it in, start the game, then exit) .. that is all.

If you are PS3 ... um, I am not sure.

toymachinesh
03-25-2014, 05:07 PM
PS3 is the same as Xbox :)

Duggle-SD
03-25-2014, 05:54 PM
He said he purchased it in the Steam store so it is definitely on PC.

If the Steam store let him purchase DLC without owning RS1 but won't let him play it without owning (installing and playing at least once) RS1 then I think they are still having a couple bugs that they need to work out with the RS1 to RS2014 Steam DLC issues.

Edit: The fact that it said "you need to install Rocksmith to play this song" makes me think there is a bug there with not having installed and played the old Rocksmith at least once that will have to be removed.

His last question about where to get all the earlier version songs might be a separate question from the DLC issue. The original Rocksmith songs (not dlc) can be obtained by purchasing the original Rocksmith game and can be updated and played in Rocksmith 2014 by purchasing the import tool for $10 (additional cost from the price of the original game).

toymachinesh
03-25-2014, 06:12 PM
OP what is the song you purchased that isn't showing up?