PDA

View Full Version : Assassins vs. Templars: Which would you join & why?

EricMinchey
03-25-2014, 01:42 AM
If given the choice which would you join: The Assassins, The Templars, Erudito, or Neither? and why would you chose so?

I'd join the Assassin's because although the Templars have the money, power, & a noble goal to create a perfect world I believe their goal & interpretation thereof - emphasizing purpose, order and control, over the freedom of individuals to be wrong just think how boring a perfect world would be It's the imperfections that make the world what it is. Also no amount of money & power is worth losing your humanity & free will over as Ezio said in AC2 "We don't need anyone to tell us what to do; We are free to follow our own path. it is our ability to choose – that makes us human" & if they were to use an Apple of Eden to hypnotize us into believing this to be a perfect world that would still be wrong because we would be slaves to their spell "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?". And although the Creed has ironies: The Assassins seek to promote peace, but commit murder. The Assassins seek to open the minds of men, but require obedience to rules. The Assassins seek to reveal the danger of blind faith, yet practice it themselves. They embrace these contradictions as a sacrifice for the greater good. Also these do not undermine the Assassins' cause. Rather, they demonstrate the way in which they embrace contradiction, "that one may be two things – opposite in every way – simultaneously."-this also adds strength to the creed that nothing is true & everything is permitted. I also agree with Ezio that "the foundations of society are fragile, and we must be the shepherds of our own civilization." And I believe in fighting for people who can't fight for themselves, much like Aveline. I also share Conner's belief in fighting "Because no one else will" I also find the idea of living my life by a creed and being part of a brotherhood and something bigger than myself very appealing. I would would not join Erudito because if you keep jumping from one side of the fence to the other, you might just get impaled on it. I wouldn't chose neither because You make a choice by not making a choice. & as the saying goes "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 01:50 AM
Templars. I'd likely have my life laid out ahead if me and wouldn't have to work for anything. I'd of course have to pretend to care about the 'greater good' nonsense but I reckon I'd try to corrupt whatever branch of the order I'm associated with for my own personal gain.

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 01:57 AM
Neither. I'd be moderate and not get killed in the scuffle.

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 02:03 AM
assassins for sure, destiny

Calvarok
03-25-2014, 02:13 AM
double post, whoops

Calvarok
03-25-2014, 02:15 AM
Erudito. Assassins and Templars each have their cycles of being the one that's going too far, and I'd be there in the wild-card faction to step in, no matter which one of them was causing problems.

I think both philosophies are flawed, but they're both necessary evils. Without radicals, none of the important changes would ever happen in the world. Erudito's role, from my perspective, is to point the right faction in the right direction at the right time.

Dome500
03-25-2014, 03:32 AM
I think both philosophies are flawed, but they're both necessary evils. Without radicals, none of the important changes would ever happen in the world. Erudito's role, from my perspective, is to point the right faction in the right direction at the right time.

How long exactly did Erudito exist? Does anyone know that?

Anyway....

A touch choice. I'd probably chose neither. I would found my own order an try to help maintain balance between the two groups. I think both philosophies are flawed, but necessary (like Calvarok said). Maybe I'll join Erudito like Calva.

Goxxi
03-25-2014, 03:52 AM
Very intresting topic ; )

I guess my choice would be Assassins , couse I am very anti-capitalistic oriented and I am very sceptical about any sort of hierarchy which is based on control , subjugation and punishment of those who are against that system.
I am very righteous and emotional person , I believe in God and I believe in natural course of things and I believe in equality and unity.

No one has a right to control people and to be a master of their lives due to his bloodline, heritage or social status.

avk111
03-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Personally ,

Practically I wouldnt stick to either im just happy living my life as a normal citizen NPC :P cause once you get involved with this war there is now way out, take Edward for example , if you notice the moment he decided that he will wear that Rogue assassin's robes was the moment he annihilated his family lineage i.e. Haytham , Connor etc...

Idealistically , the assassins sound good , all the people of the world living free and happily together. :)

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 10:43 AM
I don't know.

I think Templars are correct in a lot of ways, but I wouldn't want to help them (at least not all of them).
And while I agree with the Assassin's Creed (nothing is true, everything is permitted), I also want to live my own life, not sacrifice it to the Assassin cause (since, well, that's what you pretty much got to do if you're an Assassin).

So neither, I suppose?

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Neither. I'd be moderate and not get killed in the scuffle.
This, exactly!

To be a member on both sides would be a hard life.

I would support Assassin's but I wouldn't join because the fear of getting killed, I'll just be an secondary character if I were in a game - I'd have Connor to protect me from all of that.. ;)

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't actually pick a side but I would secretly aid the Assassins. Getting into conflicts and fear of dying doesn't really bother me... I'm more than capable of handling myself. :p

Atleast it would provide an adrenaline rush to my otherwise mundane life.

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 02:24 PM
The original OP said that the world would be boring if the Templars achieved their goal however that may not actually be the case; if everyone was under a hynosis the Templars could have world peace and make it seem fun at the same time where everyone would be content.

oliacr
03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Assassin in Constantinople when Ezio was there:)

Dome500
03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't actually pick a side but I would secretly aid the Assassins. Getting into conflicts and fear of dying doesn't really bother me... I'm more than capable of handling myself. :p

Atleast it would provide an adrenaline rush to my otherwise mundane life.

Yeah maybe something like this. Secretly helping the side you think is right in the particular situation. Supporting whoevers cause in the specific time is the better cause. And if you think both have it wrong in that specific time/event, then you keep yourself out of it.

I think I would rather side with particular fractions of that time, not the T or A. The T/A have the same goal most of the time, though the particular fractions of the different historical period always have special goals, which I would either support or sabotage, based on what I think is right. SO basically I would help one of the two sides, either Templars or Assassins, but not because I want to help those directly, but rather because I want to help those people in the time I live in.

Mr.GoodKall
03-25-2014, 04:24 PM
I would be a assassin spy. This way I can enjoy all the wealth and life style of the rich with Templars but then secretly be a assassin so I don't have to worry about getting killed.

AssassinKen2011
03-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Templar, definitely Templar. Assassin's are too naÔve.

EricMinchey
04-15-2014, 07:02 PM
The original OP said that the world would be boring if the Templars achieved their goal however that may not actually be the case; if everyone was under a hynosis the Templars could have world peace and make it seem fun at the same time where everyone would be content.

if they were to use an Apple of Eden to hypnotize us into believing this to be a perfect world that would still be wrong because we would be slaves to their spell "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?"

SchlechterWolf
04-15-2014, 07:33 PM
It is both frightening and hilarious too see people proclaim support for Templar ideology with such zeal.

Many of you seem to justify this by telling yourself that you would somehow be exempt from the essential lobotomisation of humanity pursued by the Templars. Don't think so highly of yourself; you're not that special and the Templars wouldn't give a flying when it came to robbing you of your free will.

Wolfmeister1010
04-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Hello all, lovely day

Mr_Shade
04-15-2014, 07:38 PM
excuse me?

Wolfmeister1010
04-15-2014, 07:40 PM
excuse me?

I apologize, uncalled for outburst. I am just in a hyper mood.

EricMinchey
04-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Templars. I'd likely have my life laid out ahead if me and wouldn't have to work for anything. I'd of course have to pretend to care about the 'greater good' nonsense but I reckon I'd try to corrupt whatever branch of the order I'm associated with for my own personal gain.

Benjamin Church tied to corrupt the branch of the order he was associated with for his own personal gain. We see how that worked out for him in AC3, What makes you think you'd escape the same fate? http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Church

Classified_.
04-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I was quickly surfing the forums and this topic caught my interest.

I, personally, think that the Assassins have the moderate ideas, but the Templars have the reasonable ones. Although we need both order and freedom in our lives. It was easy to think that the Assassins are "the good guys" at first. They, in time, started to look, more and more like hypocrites to me.

In the end, I wouldn't mind leaving the world to be ruled by someone like Haytham Kenway.

Cheers..

Shahkulu101
04-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Benjamin Church tied to corrupt the branch of the order he was associated with for his own personal gain. We see how that worked out for him in AC3, What makes you think you'd escape the same fate? http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Church

Good point. But I'd make sure to corrupt the Templar's around me beforehand.

EricMinchey
04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I was quickly surfing the forums and this topic caught my interest.

I, personally, think that the Assassins have the moderate ideas, but the Templars have the reasonable ones. Although we need both order and freedom in our lives. It was easy to think that the Assassins are "the good guys" at first. They, in time, started to look, more and more like hypocrites to me.

In the end, I wouldn't mind leaving the world to be ruled by someone like Haytham Kenway.

Cheers..

It's true that there are contradictions between the Creed, and the actions of the Assassins who follow it.

1. The Assassins seek to promote peace, but commit murder.
2. The Assassins seek to open the minds of men, but require obedience to rules.
3. The Assassins seek to reveal the danger of blind faith, yet practice it themselves.

Though seemingly hypocritical, these contradictions do not undermine the Assassins' cause. Rather, they demonstrate the way in which they embrace contradiction, "I have no satisfactory answer to these charges, only possibilities... Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us? That we are liars? That we are frauds? That we are weak? Every moment is spent wrestling with these contradictions and in spite of all the years I've had to reflect, still I can find no suitable answer... And I fear that one may not exist. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Does our creed provide the answer, then? That one may be two things – opposite in every way – simultaneously? And why not? Am I not proof? We of noble intentions, possessed of barbaric means? We who celebrate the sanctity of life and then promptly take it from those we deem our enemies?"- AltaÔr Ibn-La'Ahad's Codex Page 4

Classified_.
04-15-2014, 08:53 PM
It is both frightening and hilarious too see people proclaim support for Templar ideology with such zeal.

Many of you seem to justify this by telling yourself that you would somehow be exempt from the essential lobotomisation of humanity pursued by the Templars. Don't think so highly of yourself; you're not that special and the Templars wouldn't give a flying when it came to robbing you of your free will.

Exactly, I will never worry about choices anymore, everything will be planned for me, and I'll like my life whether I like it or not.

It obviously sounds extreme, but who knows what it is like to be under the effect of the apple? Endless joys, rainbows and butterflies? Or unimaginable pain and suffering? Stoned?

In the AC universe, I'd be one of those stupid, ignorant civilians who fall under the Apple's influence with absolutely no resistance whatsoever.

Layytez
04-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Assassins because Templars seem to have this "Succeed or die" way of thinking.

RinoTheBouncer
04-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I just hate to be one of those people who follow orders, who say ďyes sirĒ to somebody. Those typical American moviesí soldiers who cannot argue or give an opinion. Just do the job, then ask questions. I canít stand that way, AT ALL! I donít care about whether itís patriotism or not, loyalty or not, greater good or not, I want to have a choice, an opinion, I want to make a difference and I donít want my mission to be accomplished with bloodstained hands or because someone else was forced to do what I want them to do, just because Iím a higher ranking officer.

Another thing is that I donít believe one person or group should give orders to others. Ok, lets say 51% or even 99% vote for a certain politician, what about the rest? what about the remaining 49% to 1%? should they just go find another country to live in? what makes that ďchosenĒ person so special that he can decide right and wrong? Iím talking about all countries around the world in modern day and I know we that I donít have the solution but this is wrong and just because itís happening everywhere, doesnít make it right.

Locopells
04-16-2014, 10:59 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/868350-How-is-your-view-on-the-Templars

THE_JOKE_KING33
04-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Ideally, I'd like to think that I'd play and systematically wreck both sides while procuring Eden Artifacts so I could single-handily lead humanity into a new golden age of science and technology...but since I normally can't remember what I had for breakfast, that plan is a wash.

I'd have to go Erudito with in any case. He/she/it/they seem to be the most "stable", plus dat enigma factor!

BloodHerritage
04-16-2014, 06:45 PM
To be honest i do not lile erudito.....

I'd probably go for the assassins for i believe their means for the goal are better... However i still think humanity needs people like haytham (people that acknowledge humanity's faults)....

As a side note, i'm surprised that haytham supported charles lee to the end, i was hoping haytham to ask Connor to eliminate charles (for he was too cruel) and that Connor in the end would still kill haytham under other circunstances.