PDA

View Full Version : This years second title

UKassassinsfan
03-24-2014, 11:40 PM
So apparently we are getting two games this year, I was thinking maybe they will make unity and for the second game make it more naval based! They put way too much effort and time into making a great ocean etc. unless of course someone thinks or knows something I do I think this would be the idea! Just a little thought. Just because I don't think they will want to shoehorn us to having to sail in every game or it will feel forced!

Shahkulu101
03-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Not sure if Russia would make a good naval base, but I'm totally clueless and just guessing. Where's that history nut from Guatemala with the impossibly complicated username when you need him?

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 12:26 AM
I too expect that they would want to reuse naval mechanics at least once more, a lot of work went into it. London/UK thus would fit better in the context of additional naval gameplay but there's been a ton of possible hints towards Russia too so really dunno.

ACfan443
03-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Not sure if Russia would make a good naval base, but I'm totally clueless and just guessing. Where's that history nut from Guatemala with the impossibly complicated username when you need him?

Rugterwyper

Megas_doux also seems like an avid historian and shares quite a lot of interesting info when discussing time periods.

UKassassinsfan
03-25-2014, 12:41 AM
I don't really mind what they do next but I do kinda hope they don't try to shoehorn every new feature into every game as compulsory! I enjoyed naval a lot but I don't think I would like to have another game centred around it! However I am incredibly excited for to see what happens

Rugterwyper32
03-25-2014, 12:55 AM

DID YOU MISS ME? Hey here I am.
So what could work for naval in Russia? I had been pondering the exact same myself, as a matter of fact, and it all depends if they'd like to run parallel to the French Rev. or not. If that's their plan, then we've got the Baltic ready for this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Swedish_War_%281788%E2%80%9390%29

Vyborg would clearly be an important city in such case, as could probably be St. Petersburg, and Tallinn in Estonia, staying around the Gulf of Finland in this case. Of course, that's not too sigificant but it could tie in somehow into Unity? Were they aiming for something bigger, they could use the Great Northern War, though I don't see that happening for some reason. Or they could just throw us for a loop for no reason whatsoever and give us the area around Kamchatka and make us go all the way to Russian Alaska.

But we'll see.

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 01:01 AM
DID YOU MISS ME? Hey here I am.
So what could work for naval in Russia? I had been pondering the exact same myself, as a matter of fact, and it all depends if they'd like to run parallel to the French Rev. or not. If that's their plan, then we've got the Baltic ready for this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Swedish_War_%281788%E2%80%9390%29

Vyborg would clearly be an important city in such case, as could probably be St. Petersburg, and Tallinn in Estonia, staying around the Gulf of Finland in this case. Of course, that's not too sigificant but it could tie in somehow into Unity? Were they aiming for something bigger, they could use the Great Northern War, though I don't see that happening for some reason. Or they could just throw us for a loop for no reason whatsoever and give us the area around Kamchatka and make us go all the way to Russian Alaska.

But we'll see.

Well, as long as there is viable reason for naval combat and it doesn't feel out of place and is, most importantly, historically relevant, then cool. But I don't know how naval free roam might work, it was easy for ACIV because you were a pirate looking for riches and resources that we're just about everywhere you looked. In a naval war, it would most likely be restricted to set missions.

Megas_Doux
03-25-2014, 01:11 AM
As rugter said Russia would indeed make a very decent choice in terms of naval and history. Now, another possible place would China, although I REFUSE to accept such rich setting being only an spin off.

The chinese had great naval prowess, Zheng hes ships in particular were said to dwarf any spanish/english galleon with ease, some claim the Chinese were able to make it to the Americas around 1420s. Besides that, the greatest pirate in history, Ching Shih, was of chinese origin, her exploits would make Blackbeard, Roberts, Morgan and even Kenway seem like novice and gentle sailors.

Then the Vikings, although the lack on gunpowder is a huge factor, thus the gameplay will be only for exploration only rathen than combat.