PDA

View Full Version : Which character has your favourite voice?

Shahkulu101
03-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Weird thread, but for some reason it popped into my head. So...whose voice do you think is best?

I think it's a toss up between these characters:
Achilles
Rodrigo Borgia
Haytham
Godzio
Al Mualim
Anto (Maroon slave revolt leader - Templar Hunts)
Adewale

A lot of characters I know, and I've probably missed a few - let me know. And, answer OP. :p

jayjay275
03-24-2014, 11:02 PM
Connor and Stede Bonnet ( Take my sugar, take anything you like!).

Shahkulu101
03-24-2014, 11:04 PM
Connor and Stede Bonnet ( Take my sugar, take anything you like!).

Ah yes, forgot about good old Stede. Comedy gold I must say! Connor?...disputable. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Anto..that guy sounded like a creature from hell

adventurewomen
03-24-2014, 11:19 PM
Ratonhnhaké:ton
Kaniehti:io
Kanen'tó:kon
I did like most of the historical character voices in AC3.
Edward
Haytham
Aveline & her mother,
Baptiste,
Agaté
and a few more AC Liberation characters.
Adéwalé,
Bastienne
Leonardo Da Vinci
Altair (Revelations voice)
Paola
Tedodora
Christina
Claudia

ACfan443
03-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Al Mualim or Altair.

Altair's voice is so cold and badass, it would have been perfect if they allowed Shahbaz to voice with a middle eastern accent like originally planned.

ACR's Altair was awful on the other hand, they made him sound like a soft spoken Mexican and it just detracted from any likability he had in that game, I hated every time he said something. I understand the time constraints the game was under, but it wouldn't have killed them to get the original VA to do the job.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Altair's voice is so cold and badass, it would have been perfect if they allowed Shahbaz to voice with a middle eastern accent like originally planned.

ACR's Altair was awful on the other hand, they made him sound like a soft spoken Mexican and it just detracted from any likability he had in that game, I hated every time he said something. I understand the time constraints the game was under, but it wouldn't have killed them to get the original VA to do the job.
You're my new favorite person...

Shahkulu101
03-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Al Mualim or Altair.

I figured they changed the voice actor because people thought an American accent was a bit out of place for an Arabic guy... I preferred the new Altair, but wasnt a huge fan of either actors performances. I believe M can vouch for new Altair - apparently he is accurately Arabic.

EDIT: ^ Wait never mind I must be thinking of something else - still didn't sound Mexican though. :p

adventurewomen
03-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Al Mualim or Altair.

AC1 Altair's voice then didn't suit him a Syrian man with an American accent in the 12th Century never made sense. Sure Ubisoft uses the excuse it was because of the Animus.. highly unrealistic. Altair's Revelations voice give's his character justice and suited him better.

Altair in Revelations didn't sound Mexican he sounded Middle Eastern as he should.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 11:30 PM
I figured they changed the voice actor because people thought an American accent was a bit out of place for an Arabic guy... I preferred the new Altair, but wasnt a huge fan of either actors performances. I believe M can vouch for new Altair - apparently he is accurately Arabic.

EDIT: ^ Wait never mind I must be thinking of something else - still didn't sound Mexican though. :p
That's right, I actually disliked Cas' performance...it was SO bad, especially in scenes with actors who pronounce Arabic better than he did...like that guy in that sitdown around the fire who said "He is our Mentor and unlike Al-mualim or Altair, he never betrayed us" THAT was a good accent and THOSE were good pronunciations...

Heck, Altair is pronounced wrong...the "L" should'v been silent..

silvermercy
03-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Connor

Edward

Adewale

I also like Shaun's voice due to his British quirkiness. lol

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 11:31 PM
AC1 Altair's voice then didn't suit him a Syrian man with an American accent in the 12th Century never made sense. Sure Ubisoft uses the excuse it was because of the Animus.. highly unrealistic. Altair's Revelations voice give's his character justice and suited him better
American accent with correct pronunciation > Fake accent and terrible pronunciation any day..

Crouching.Tiger
03-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Charles Vane. He sounds like a dragon.

Shahkulu101
03-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Connor

Edward

Adewale

Damn it how could I forget about Shaun?! One of my favourite characters - so wonderfully cliched.

adventurewomen
03-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Connor

Edward

Adewale

Damn I should have kept my list short like yours! :(

How could I forget SHAUN he's exactly the nerdy British voice I like. :D

silvermercy
03-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Charles Vane. He sounds like a dragon.
Oh yeah, that, too!

But after watching Black Sails, I now prefer this version of Charles' voice. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw9jSl9lPg0

ACfan443
03-24-2014, 11:37 PM
I figured they changed the voice actor because people thought an American accent was a bit out of place for an Arabic guy... I preferred the new Altair, but wasnt a huge fan of either actors performances. I believe M can vouch for new Altair - apparently he is accurately Arabic

But the thing is, Shahbaz was capable of doing a middle eastern accent, he even demonstrated how Altair was supposed to sound at some convention. They decided to scrap the accent at the last minute because they didn't want to cause offence. (Which is pretty odd reasoning considering every other character had an accent).

AC1 Altair's voice then didn't suit him a Syrian man with an American accent in the 12th Century never made sense. Sure Ubisoft uses the excuse it was because of the Animus.. highly unrealistic. Altair's Revelations voice give's his character justice and suited him better

I'll definitely agree that the accent was out of place, but the voice itself was very fitting for his character, cold, firm, and showing little emotion. Those are the areas in which I felt ACR's VA failed, as well as the accept...which means he was terrible all round. :nonchalance:

BATISTABUS
03-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Yeah, except for the fact that Shahbaz turned in the worst acting performance in the history of AC.

adventurewomen
03-24-2014, 11:43 PM
I'll definitely agree that the accent was out of place, but the voice itself was very fitting for his character, cold, firm, and showing little emotion. Those are the areas in which I felt ACR's VA failed, as well as the accept...which means he was terrible all round. :nonchalance:
I agree with you on the vocal tone of AC! Altair, hat suited him. If only he had the Middle Eastern accent when he spoke in AC1, he would have an amazing voice then.

TO_M
03-24-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah, except for the fact that Shahbaz turned in the worst acting performance in the history of AC.

Nah, that honor goes to Connor's voice actor in AC:3, and I'm referring to his english. His native american was really good.

I-Like-Pie45
03-24-2014, 11:47 PM
Connor Hemingway
Haytham Hemingway
Tommy Huckleberry
Shaun of the Not So Dead
John F. Kennedy

ACfan443
03-24-2014, 11:48 PM
Yeah, except for the fact that Anvar turned in the worst acting performance in the history of AC.

Fixed.

Shahkulu101
03-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Nah, that honor goes to Connor's voice actor in AC:3, and I'm referring to his english. His native american was really good.

And the powder keg has been lit!

BATISTABUS
03-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Connor's voice actor was amazing. He gave an extremely nuanced and authentic performance, both vocally and in motion-capture.

Fixed.
I'm not the biggest fan of what Anvar did, but it's still leagues better than Shahbaz. I much prefer the type of voice Anvar used for the Gamescom 2011 demo, which they ended up changing in the actual game for some reason...

Gamescom https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wmYaouXj7i0#t=475
Actual release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4vUgDxCqPw#t=627

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:00 AM
And the powder keg has been lit!
Run boy run

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 12:05 AM

Nah, Noah Watts was much worse.

My favorite voice actor has got to be Warren Vidic's voice. He was just so expressive and deliciously villainous. An animator's dream.

After that it's Al Mualim, Charles Vane, Haytham, Ezio, Rodrigo Borgia, the original Animus lady and the guy who voiced Cesare, Putnam and Francesco di Pazzi.

TO_M
03-25-2014, 12:06 AM
Connor's voice actor was amazing. He gave an extremely nuanced and authentic performance, both vocally and in motion-capture.

Really? I thought it was it monotone, dull and just off-putting, especially some of the conversations on the homestead missions made me cringe.

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 12:09 AM
^ I understand you felt like taking a jab at poor Noah because Batistabas' post was quite provocative, but you have now lit a series of different powder kegs - which will soon explode and create a relentless, unending and painful fire.

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Do I have to remind everyone of this again? (skip to 4:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCcEk8qGQsg

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 12:15 AM
Nah, Noah Watts was much worse.
Nope.

Really? I thought it was it monotone, dull and just off-putting, especially some of the conversations on the homestead missions made me cringe.
Some homestead missions were pretty terrible, but that is 100% the directors fault. There are moments like this in every AC game. In any scene where Noah is acting with another actor in the room with full performance capture, he does a fantastic job.

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Why is it 100% the director's fault when Noah gives a terrible performance but not the director's fault when Shahbaz does?

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Do I have to remind everyone of this again? (skip to 4:00)

oh come on, he was describing the experience, he wasn't anxious at the moment he was talking:p

besides, I can think of several lines were Ezio sounds so dead monotone too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgjTKIIJ8zI

skip to 00:51

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Why is it 100% the director's fault when Noah gives a terrible performance but not the director's fault when Shahbaz does?
Because Shahbaz gives a terrible performance with every single line. Noah only screws up when it's very clear he's recording his lines without other actors present.

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 12:21 AM
oh come on, he was describing the experience, he wasn't anxious at the moment he was talking:p

Ah, but the fancy accent M. The fancy accent.

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 12:24 AM

Sure, every actor has bad moments (though in the Ezio example I think it was more a case of struggling with the accent). I just hate this hypocrisy that every time Connor's acting indisputably sounds flat, it can't possibly be the actor's fault. Whereas we know for a fact that Shahbaz was forced to give a very specific performance according to the director's wishes, but the actor gets all the blame.

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Because Shahbaz gives a terrible performance with every single line. Noah only screws up when it's very clear he's recording his lines without other actors present.

Not getting further into this as it's clear we hold entirely opposite views here.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 12:29 AM
Sure, every actor has bad moments (though in the Ezio example I think it was more a case of struggling with the accent). I just hate this hypocrisy that every time Connor's acting indisputably sounds flat, it can't possibly be the actor's fault. Whereas we know for a fact that Shahbaz was forced to give a very specific performance according to the director's wishes, but the actor gets all the blame.
Just like you give all the blame on Noah, when in fact you can't place all the blame on him. Some moments the writers for the scripts and director is at fault.

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Not getting further into this as it's clear we hold entirely opposite views here.
Fair enough.

Who knows, maybe Shahbaz is the same type of actor as Noah and shines during performances with other actors. If they hired him anyway and didn't put him in the optimal recording scenario, it's 100% Ubi's fault in that scenario as well. I'm just comparing what I can hear in the games.

Whereas we know for a fact that Shahbaz was forced to give a very specific performance according to the director's wishes, but the actor gets all the blame.
Shahbaz was asked to speak in his normal speaking voice. If anything, it is more difficult to act while putting on an accent you do not feel comfortable with. Had he used the accent he said he auditioned with, his performance might have been even worse.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Perhaps, but judging by his lines in previous scenes (actually, RIGHT before this scene) I'd say he was pretty fine with the accent and yes, I AM aware that it's not recorded in canonical sequence.
I'm not saying it's Ezio's fault by the way, the thing is that when a VA delivers an awesome line then there's the odd bit of dialogue, it can't entirely be the actor's fault...

but yes, okay..I agree that blaming Shahbaz and not Watts is a bit over the top, but i could see where he's coming from since he sees that Shahbaz delivered absolutely no good lines:p

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 12:33 AM
You are free to discuss this if you wish, since it is loosely relevant, but why the **** does every thread turn into a Connor debate? It's been two years! Our opinions are firmly established, we just go round and round in the same damn circles.

Gibbo2g_83
03-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Aveline DeGrandpre I could listen to her talk all day :)

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:36 AM
Worst VA goes to Gerald de Blanc, okay? okay...everybody's happy...

ACfan443
03-25-2014, 12:36 AM

I'm not the biggest fan of what Anvar did, but it's still leagues better than Shahbaz. I much prefer the type of voice Anvar used for the Gamescom 2011 demo, which they ended up changing in the actual game for some reason...

Gamescom https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wmYaouXj7i0#t=475
Actual release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4vUgDxCqPw#t=627

It's only a slight difference, and still fails to capture the essence of Altair's tone.

That would give Noah the upper hand as he was fortunate enough to be able to act in mo-cap, whereas that technology wasn't present in AC1 (correct me if I'm wrong) and Shahbaz was restricted to acting purely by voice. You may also be right about Shahbaz being able to perform better in an actual acting scenario with other people, which is why I think he would have done a far better job than Cas in ACR.

Regardless, I still think his performance in AC1 was very good.

I-Like-Pie45
03-25-2014, 12:37 AM

Desmond

I think Desmond would've been better received and more likable if Nolan North played him like David

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 12:37 AM
You are free to discuss this if you wish, since it is loosely relevant, but why the **** does every thread turn into a Connor debate? It's been two years! Our opinions are firmly established, we just go round and round in the same damn circles.
Exactly!! Well said, and I agree!

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 12:39 AM

Who dat

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 12:39 AM
​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU#t=114

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Who dat
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140118164223/assassinscreed/images/d/d1/GeraldDatabaseHD.png

adventurewomen
Aww!! :( :(

I liked Gerald, he was just so kind and sweet to Aveline and she just kicked him to the curb, he had feelings for her. Poor Gerald. :(

BATISTABUS
It's only a slight difference, and still fails to capture the essence of Altair's tone.
Maybe. I would need to still hear more, but I definitely prefer the initial lines.

That would give Noah the upper hand as he was fortunate enough to be able to act in mo-cap, whereas that technology wasn't present in AC1 (correct me if I'm wrong) and Shahbaz was restricted to acting purely by voice. You may also be right about Shahbaz being able to perform better in an actual acting scenario with other people, which is why I think he would have done a far better job than Cas in ACR.
It depends. Roger Craig Smith is a voice actor by trade, so he might not have been as successful with motion capture. I don't know much about Shahbaz's acting background, but I would've loved to hear that voice with an Arabic accent and well-delivered lines. I DO think his voice sounds amazing, but I just cannot stand his AC1 performance.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Aww!! :( :(

I liked Gerald, he was just so kind and sweet to Aveline and she just kicked him to the curb, he had feelings for her. Poor Gerald. :(
He was friend-zoned for life, that's what you girls do to boys...evil females...

although, Aveline apparently actually liked him too. if you listened to the recordings of subject 1 in AC IV, he mentions how it's weird to think about sex from a female's mindset...he also mentions that she thought about sex when being with Gerald

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 12:49 AM

What are you trying to say? I love Connor - he's my favey. I dont know why you chose to respond this way.

Anyway...WHY THE HELL DID THEY NOT USE THAT?! Just imagine that as the Credits roll, as the camera pans away from his empty village - slowly fading. That same music, too. Aw man.

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 12:51 AM
What are you trying to say? I love Connor - he's my favey. I dont know why you chose to respond this way.

Anyway...WHY THE HELL DID THEY NOT USE THAT?! Just imagine that as the Credits roll, as the camera pans away from his empty village - slowly fading. That same music, too. Aw man.
Because that line sums up my mentality on the debate. I'll fight that battle any day of the week :p

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 12:51 AM
He was friend-zoned for life, that's what you girls do to boys...evil females...

although, Aveline apparently actually liked him too. if you listened to the recordings of subject 1 in AC IV, he mentions how it's weird to think about sex from a female's mindset...he also mentions that she thought about sex when being with Gerald
Ha, yup he was friend zoned for life! I guess we all are.. haha! ;)

That's true, I have listened to those tapes in AC4.. but after what she said to Gerald Idk after that if she did have sex with Gerald or did Aveline meet someone after the events of ACL?

It was so sad to see the upset expression on Gerald's face when Aveline turned him down and friend zoned him. </3

ACfan443
03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Maybe. I would need to still hear more, but I definitely prefer the initial lines.

It depends. Roger Craig Smith is a voice actor by trade, so he might not have been as successful with motion capture. I don't know much about Shahbaz's acting background, but I would've loved to hear that voice with an Arabic accent and well-delivered lines. I DO think his voice sounds amazing, but I just cannot stand his AC1 performance.

He explains the reasoning behind the American accent and demonstrates what the middle eastern accent would have sounded like in the video

http://youtu.be/GtTuf82RJ2E

1:46

Soulid_Snake
03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
- Caterina.
- Ezio.
- Mario.
- Connor.

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 01:01 AM
He explains the reasoning behind the American accent and demonstrates what the middle eastern accent would have sounded like in the video
I've seen the video. He does act for a living, so maybe under ideal conditions things could have been different.

Does anyone have a link to any of his other performances in other works?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1717255/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 01:04 AM
For whoever is interested, here's a few samples of Philip Shahbaz acting with other people. (With bonus Arabic accent!) Makes me wish they had mocap technology back in 2007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-XJN2JbA0

ze_topazio
03-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Charles Lee, he just sounds so good.

I spent the entirety of Liberation expecting Gerald to go insane and join the Templars after being friendzoned so hard for so many years.

I-Like-Pie45
03-25-2014, 01:07 AM
For whoever is interested, here's a few samples of Philip Shahbaz acting with other people. (With bonus Arabic accent!) Makes me wish they had mocap technology back in 2007:

they did

Ubisoft just didn't bother using it

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Connor, Haytham, Altair, Ezio, Shaun, Achilles, Malik, Rebecca, Charles Lee, Washington, Ziio, Edward, Bonnet :)

Some homestead missions were pretty terrible, but that is 100% the directors fault. There are moments like this in every AC game. In any scene where Noah is acting with another actor in the room with full performance capture, he does a fantastic job.

Agreed! And I really thought the homestead missions really showed a gentler side of Connor. Warms my heart every time <3

Gotta love this scene. So awesome <3 Still pissed they took it out...

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 01:11 AM
they did

Ubisoft just didn't bother using it

I'm talking about mocap which could capture all the nuances of an actor's performance. Whatever other companies had in 2007, it wasn't perfected until LA Noire.

Megas_Doux
03-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Edward Kenway, Haytham Kenway, Altair, Achilles, Charles lee, Ezio despite his horrible italian accent, Al Mualim, Connor in TToKW, Shaun.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 01:25 AM

Even his Yemeni Arabic Dialect is great..thanks for sharing

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 01:37 AM
I like

Connor
Altair
Ezio
Haytham

and I guess Juno

Dev_Anj
03-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Batistabutus, which performances did you like in Assassin's Creed 1?

The best performances for me would be the heralds in Damascus and Jerusalem, Malik, some guards in Assassin's Creed 2, the Janissaries in Revelations, some guards in Assassin's Creed 3, some Spanish people in Assassin's Creed 4.

Sushiglutton
03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Mary Read (Olivia Morgan) for me, her dialect is amazing!

GreyBeardJim
03-25-2014, 02:51 PM
I think Mark Bonnar did a fantastic job with Thatch, not least because he really got to play two separate characters -- Grumpy Uncle Thatch when he was interacting with Edward, and BLACKBEARD THE SCOURGE OF THE SEAS when he was talking to anyone else.

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Blackbeard.

Also I kinda liked Ceserae's voice too.

RinoTheBouncer
03-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Ezio Auditore, that’s for sure.
And Juno and Minerva are both amazing, as well. Connor and Desmond too. But, my No.1 is Ezio, especially from AC:R.

Kirokill
03-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Al Mualim
ACR Ezio
Charles Vane
Edward
Bonnet
AC3 roof guards
Edit Extra:-
Roberts
Yusuf

And best of all, the crew member that say: THERE'S EXPOSED TECTI(-> ??) SUACA
And when you miss he says: Naaaaooo

oliacr
03-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Ezio, Connor, Shaun, Desmond, Haytham, Edward, La Volpe, Machiavelli, Yusuf, Mario, Stede Bonnet(Hello Edward!)- Blackbeard. Maybe a bit of Robert de Sable. I think its enough.

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Batistabutus, which performances did you like in Assassin's Creed 1?
I especially liked Al Mualim. Malik and the Templars were great, and Des, Lucy, and Vidic were fantastic as well. I pretty much enjoyed every performance that mattered in that game EXCEPT for Altair.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Al Mualim
ACR Ezio
Charles Vane
Edward
Bonnet
AC3 roof guards

Oh yeah, I love the AC3 guards: "Down or you bleed!" "Prepare to bleed." "In my sights, clear as day" "You fight like my old granny." Aww.. rotten like an old horse." The list goes on and on... lol

The crew is funny from AC3/AC4. My FAVORITE line is: "Sink, you bastards! Sink!"

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 06:22 PM
I thought Adrian Hough did a brilliant job voicing Haytham. :p

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Oh yeah, I love the AC3 guards: "Down or you bleed!" "Prepare to bleed." "In my sights, clear as day" "You fight like my old granny." Aww.. rotten like an old horse." The list goes on and on... lol

The crew is funny from AC3/AC4. My FAVORITE line is: "Sink, you bastards! Sink!"
The AC3 guards do also simply say "Die".. had a guard say that to Connor, then that guard died. :D

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, I love the AC3 guards
**** the AC3 guards. I couldn't climb a building for more than 2 seconds without one screaming at me...

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 06:31 PM
The AC3 guards do also simply say "Die".. had a guard say that to Connor, then that guard died. :D

That just gave me an idea :D

In AC2 and ACB- Ezio taunts guards and says stuff in Italian. Wouldn't it be funny if Connor also taunted the guards when he got into a conflict?
He would probably be saying things in his Native language. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 06:38 PM
I thought Adrian Hough did a brilliant job voicing Haytham. :p

Of course. He was awesome! He won the BAFTA award for that performance :P

Lmao, brillant!

In AC2 and ACB- Ezio taunts guards and says stuff in Italian. Wouldn't it be funny if Connor also taunted the guards when he got into a conflict?

O.M.G. THAT WOULD BE EPIC! They should've including that, but then again, he was always humble and barely gloated lol.. Nice thought though :P

**** the AC3 guards. I couldn't climb a building for more than 2 seconds without one screaming at me...

Best solution: KILL THEM QUICKLY :P

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 06:46 PM
That guy who says "money money MONEY"

ze_topazio
03-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Fresh caught leeches!

GreyBeardJim
03-25-2014, 07:18 PM

I'm pretty sure he's saying "It's exposed, take the shot!" or something like that.

Kaschra
03-25-2014, 07:20 PM
My faves:
Haytham
Edward
ACR Ezio
Aveline
Clay (both old and new voice)
Shaun
Bartholomew Roberts

I also really like:
Rodrigo Borgia
Ziio
Caterina
Leonardo
Adewale
The whole pirate gang in AC4 actually
Yusuf
Rosa
Charles Lee
Desmond
Juno

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 07:42 PM

Yeah, and they recycled lines more than any other game. Or at least it felt like it. "Oh no, I'm over here, lad."

Aphex_Tim
03-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Bartholomew Roberts has quite a sexy voice.

Another favorite would be Ed Thatch, pretty much for the same reasons someone mentioned some pages back.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Does this amuse you? LEAVE AT ONCE
I will call the guard on you, Hayvan

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 08:06 PM

Nice, although we don't originally have swear words.

Saying that I would like to hear Connor curse in English. :D

O.M.G. THAT WOULD BE EPIC! They should've including that, but then again, he was always humble and barely gloated lol.. Nice thought though :P
Agreed! Connor was humble. Just for a contrast it would be interesting ffor Connor to get really pissed, and just rage like he had those moments of anger towards different characters :D

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Nice, although we don't originally have swear words.

My apologies, I did not mean to sound disrespectful. I didn't necessarily mean swear words or curse words, I really meant taunting. I thought it would be cool if Connor said things like "Is that all you got!?" , "Not good enough" or "Nice try" . Things like that.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 08:20 PM
My apologies, I did not mean to sound disrespectful. I didn't necessarily mean swear words or curse words, I really meant taunting. I thought it would be cool if Connor said things like "Is that all you got?!" or "Not good enough" . Things like that.
You didn't know it's okay, no worries, my friend. :)

Yeah I get what you mean, taunting words would have been great to hear from Connor while he fights with the guards.:)

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah I get what you mean, taunting words would have been great to hear from Connor while he fights with the guards.:)
Doesn't seem like Connor's style...at least to me..

thewhitestig
03-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Altair in the first game. They butchered his voice in Revelations. Haytham also had a very cool voice but I like Scottish accents much more than southern English. James Kidd/Mary Read had an awesome accent.

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 08:31 PM

I suppose so... if he was taunting the guards, it would've made look really cocky and arrogant. Then people would have more reason to hate him.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 08:33 PM
My apologies, I did not mean to sound disrespectful. I didn't necessarily mean swear words or curse words, I really meant taunting. I thought it would be cool if Connor said things like "Is that all you got!?" , "Not good enough" or "Nice try" . Things like that.

Now that I can see...

I suppose so... if he was taunting the guards, it would've made look really cocky and arrogant. Then people would have more reason to hate him.

Very true.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 08:34 PM
I meant of if he was really pissed, then maybe he would. ;)

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 08:37 PM

I think he's the more the type to attack, rather than taunt when pissed..

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 08:38 PM

Actually in TOKW, there to lines he said that come to mind

"G***** you Putnam!"

And everyone's favourite :p

"Tell the truth, Dammit!"

They are not taunts, just words he says out of anger.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 08:42 PM
I think he's the more the type to attack, rather than taunt when pissed..
Agreed. :)

Actually in TOKW, there to lines he said that come mind

"GD you Putnam!"

You're right, those rage filled lines! "Tell the Truth Dammit!" - Is a favourite of mine! I swooned so much when Connor had that rage when he said those lines in TOKW <3

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 09:17 PM

"G***** you Putnam!"

Omg I love those rage lines <3

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 09:24 PM

"G***** you Putnam!"

Oh my god. please link me to where he says that.

I wanna avoid spoilers cuz i havent played the dlc yet but pls link me to those lines XD

DumbGamerTag94
03-25-2014, 09:24 PM
For me basically any voice except for Altiar from AC1 that was god awful he didn't even have a middle east accent. The first time I played I was kind of confused and thought maybe he was a European crusader who fell in with the Assassins, but nope he's from there. And also he talks strangely, like he over annunciates his words, or perhaps spaces them out too much or something I cant quite put my finger on it but he doesn't sound like a native English speaker he sounds more like google translate or one of those slow talking translators you see on the news when a foreign leader is talking. The same kind of problem bothers me about George Washington in AC3 he has similar translator sounding cadence to his voice that sounds like he is giving a speech every time he talks, and he has really no accent, the guy was from Virginia, I understand he was sophisticated but they could have at least given him some tinge of a southern gentleman's accent, nothing distracting or inaccurate, but make him sound human, and from his home area. Those two voices bothered me the most out of the entire series just because the quality of the voices was so bad it reminded me of a Japanese Game dubbed into English like Metal Gear Solid lol.

Oh and also Israel Putnam has a gruff Southern Accent for some reason even though he should have a New England Accent since he was from Massachusetts or Connecticut. I felt they really botched regional accents in AC3 and the characters just don't sound accurate to their native areas, the only ones that sound right in AC3 are the natives.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Ezio of course...The only thing i didnt like about ac3 was connors voice actor

roostersrule2
03-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Anto, sounded like Jamaican batman.

BATISTABUS
03-26-2014, 01:43 AM
Oh and also Israel Putnam has a gruff Southern Accent
No he doesn't...?

As for Washington, Viginia's not THAT far south. I know Virginians that talk with a "Northern" accent.

DumbGamerTag94
03-26-2014, 02:04 AM
No he doesn't...?

As for Washington, Viginia's not THAT far south. I know Virginians that talk with a "Northern" accent.

I am from PA and I know even in the southern part of my state people there start talking with faint southern accents. Not all Virginians have accents, but you also have to remember that because of Washington DC and the rapid expansion of the size of government, bureaucracy, and the military in the past 100 years the area around Washington DC/Baltimore/Richmond has been rapidly filled with people moving there to work for nearly 100 years+ so many people in that particular area do not have accents, because many of them are only 2nd generation+ living there therefore they don't have a southern accent, but in some rural parts of southern PA, definitely in Maryland and Virginia all have southern accents(for the most part there's always exceptions) only interrupted by the area of Baltimore DC and Richmond where there is practically no accent. And I know several people in Virginia both that talk with and without an accent these days it depends how rural you are(and Washington's time was far more rural). The accent there also is nowhere near as strong as the deep south by the way Southern Accents come in an extremely wide variety and different levels of strength.

But anyway I did say the wrong thing about Putnam its not really a Southern accent but he doesn't sound like a New Englander to me he sounds like a Cowboy like they modeled his style on John Wayne or something its strange to me. I guess he doesn't really have an accent but his voice is so gruff it sounds odd, but either way his voice just seems slightly cartoony and over the top IMO(for the record I actually like Putnam's character he's funny and a tough SOB).

GreyBeardJim
03-26-2014, 12:16 PM
There's also the fact that what sounds like a "southern" or "New England" accent today might not have 250 years ago.

sem1rek
03-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Edward
Altaïr (ACR)
Charles Vane
Ed Thatch
.. and many others from previous games, especially those with that funny "italian" accent :)

I can not judge Altaïr's voice from first game because I have localized version with dubbed voices. Our voice-over artists did not use any kind of accent, but tone of Altaïr's voice in this version fits his personality very well - it is cold and arrogant. I would say ACR is focused on his other qualities and I enjoyed this completely new Altaïr with non-arrogant voice. JMO :)

AdultShotaro
03-27-2014, 04:07 AM
Anne Bonny
Shaun Hastings
Mary Read

Man! Anne's accent makes my knees weak to the point I almost hit myself on my drawer! xD

shobhit7777777
03-27-2014, 08:30 AM
Haytham - Excellent work, excellent character

Ezio - RCS did a fantastic job IMO....from young Ezio to old ACR one..loved the performance

Yusuf - D-bag

Aphex_Tim
03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
I'm surprised by the way that Troy Baker hasn't shown up in an AC game yet. That guy's pretty much Nolan North 2.0 by now.

Legendz54
03-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Haytham
Connor
Vane
Altair (AC1)
Shaun

Dani2014212
04-01-2014, 05:44 AM
I would have to say Ezio...gotta dig a man with a hot Italian accent am I right? ;) or Altair...sounds like he has no emotion but still a badass voice...oh and Haytham because British accents are pretty cool.

phoenix-force411
04-01-2014, 06:27 AM
Not in order of likeness:

Ezio
Altair(ACR)
Caterina
Christina
Lucrezia
Rodrigo
Edward Kenway
Edward Thatch
Connor
Leandros
Mario
Stede Bonnet
Al Mualim

Prefered ACR Altair's voice as it gave more character and depth to Altair.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
04-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Ezio, edward, connor, AC R altair, haytham, black beard, achilies, charles vane, torres, cesare borgia

Aphex_Tim
04-01-2014, 09:44 AM
cesare borgia

Guuuuaaaaarrrddss!!!

Edit: Aww, the forum won't let me post all-caps :(