PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sure AC Comet is also in France

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Here's why "comet" is a naval game.

240BC- First time Comets were recorted/studied was by Chinese
1680 - Issac Newton published his famous book where he talked about gravity and why a Comets comes back around
1705- Edmond Hailey (newtons friend) used newtons laws to calculate that the comet everyone sees comes back every 70 years, he also mapped out the stars and drew the constellations making sea travel at long distances possible.
1759 - French scientist astronomer took 3 ships and sailed to a island for a expedition to see the comet return, when he returned back to France, he proved Hailey correct and named the comet after Edmond Hailey.

Also......

I was just playing Freedom Cry again and I heard something that might hint at the next AC. Might be something, might be nothing...

A quote from Adewale in freedom cry....

"Mark my words, these scientist of France will command one ship or many when our work here is done" and then "Their sea fleets are necessary and their discoveries will be legendary"
is this what they were talking about when they said that AC Comets clue is in Freedom Cry, but only if you dont pay attention to the liberation part of the game? There are lots of clues pointing to a sea discovery game and possibly another pirates. So im pretty sure AC comet has something to do with exploration.
Maybe AC Unity is land based and AC Comet is Sea Based?? Both France related?

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
I suspect it is either Russia, or France. I highly suspect it would act as a prequel to AC:Unity, leaving the story on a cliffhanger to try and get people to go out and upgrade and a French setting obviously would work towards this.

Sushiglutton
03-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Very interesting and well thought out theory (wether it turns out to be correct or not)!

One thing I believe in is that it won't be radically different from AC3-4 in terms of setting. Because I strongly suspect they will want to reuse assets. For example I can't imagine say Egypt, or China.

GrubbierSnow85
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM
If there is a French navy feature, there has to be their arch enemy, the British navy as well (and maybe the Spanish). The Battle of Cape St. Vincent, the Battle of the Nile, the Battle of Trafalgar... perfect.

Locopells
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Nah, England, 1066...

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Very interesting and well thought out theory (wether it turns out to be correct or not)!

One thing I believe in is that it won't be radically different from AC3-4 in terms of setting. Because I strongly suspect they will want to reuse assets. For example I can't imagine say Egypt, or China.

I agree, I think they will be future titles, but 2 major tittles, being absolutely different settings, assassins and stories would be too difficult to make even if they did have 3 years to work on it, so I think they do use same resources for thse 2 games

pacmanate
03-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Stop posting that same quote -_-

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Stop posting that same quote -_-

its edited when I found more info.. read it first and then say if its the same or not

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 08:45 PM
NOOOOO

It can't also be france.

It would just be an inferior version. And it would just be an excuse to crow bar in sailing.

So what, we're a french scientist who will sail to Russia or something? :mad:

Mr.GoodKall
03-25-2014, 03:22 PM
NOOOOO

It can't also be france.

It would just be an inferior version. And it would just be an excuse to crow bar in sailing.

So what, we're a french scientist who will sail to Russia or something? :mad:

where ever the setting is, I think it will be sea based.

andrew_m50
03-25-2014, 03:50 PM
History of "comets"

240BC- First time Comets were recorted/studied was by Chinese
1680 - Issac Newton published his famous book where he talked about gravity and why a Comets comes back around
1705- Edmond Hailey (newtons friend) used newtons laws to calculate that the comet everyone sees comes back every 70 years, he also mapped out the stars and drew the constellations making sea travel at long distances possible.
1759 - French scientist astronomer took 3 ships and sailed to a island for a expedition to see the comet return, when he returned back to France, he proved Hailey correct and named the comet after Edmond Hailey.

Also......

I was just playing Freedom Cry again and I heard something that might hint at the next AC. Might be something, might be nothing...

A quote from Adewale in freedom cry....

"Mark my words, these scientist of France will command one ship or many when our work here is done" and then "Their sea fleets are necessary and their discoveries will be legendary"
is this what they were talking about when they said that AC Comets clue is in Freedom Cry, but only if you dont pay attention to the liberation part of the game? There are lots of clues pointing to a sea discovery game and possibly another pirates. So im pretty sure AC comet has something to do with exploration.
Maybe AC Unity is land based and AC Comet is Sea Based?? Both France related?
Good theory.
But it will boring I think. Again a sea based pirate game, again the same era...

Mr.GoodKall
03-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Good theory.
But it will boring I think. Again a sea based pirate game, again the same era...

It will pretty much be Black Flag 2. With more objectives