PDA

View Full Version : Compilation of Galina's mission with the Assassins in Russia

frodrigues55
03-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Man, they are not joking when they said modern day would advance through Initiates :eek: Someone open a thread about Galina the other day and there's already a bunch of other information regarding that mission.

So, I thought about compiling her life on this thread to help us, the poor souls who have no desire to look for information every freaking where.

Is it ilegal to post Initiates stuff here? :confused: If it is, I'm sorry, a mod can delete this, right?

Here it is (If I missed one, please tell me so I can edit the thread).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/q89/s720x720/999955_480243925409855_1866680828_n.jpg

The following is an excerpt from Emmett's report on their mission in Moscow:

Hey guys. We have established contact with an Assassin in Moscow, Galina Voronina.

So this is awkward: she wants us to assassinate her mother, an Assassin scientist who went nuts. Apparently this lady built her own Animus and forced the other members of her cell into it!

The mother's holed up inside the lab, but, to get to her, we have to fight through the remains of the Russian Brotherhood, driven insane by the Bleeding Effect.

It gets worse: this old bat might be the craziest of all. She swears that through the Animus, she's talking to Eve.

That's…unsettling.

I remain your humble spy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bi6_4byCEAA3ocd.jpg

The following is an excerpt from a series of log entries from an Assassin lab in Protvino, outside of Moscow:

It's become clear to us that if Stalin is not a Templar, then he is, at the very least, their puppet. We miss Lenin more than ever.

Templar forces have infiltrated the Politburo, and they interfere in the affairs of the Academy. Yuri Petrovich Figatner, a Templar, heads a special "counter-revolutionary" commission and has turned the Academy into another Stalinist organization.

The Mentor is in hiding. We are being hunted like never before, and he is a target. He swore he would continue to give orders from seclusion. He laughed and called it his retirement. But there is no peaceful end to the work we do. There is only one end for people like us.

Under orders from our hidden leader, Sergei left our compound to hunt down Nikolai Orelov, the defector, and reclaim the Shard of Eden in his possession. It was a move born of desperation, and we have not heard from him in two years. I fear the worst.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/assassins-creed-5-galinda-2-670x360.jpg

I tried to explain to Galina that you can't actually talk to anyone in the Animus, it's a one way experience. She didn't listen to me and shot me a look that made me want to **** my pants.

There are very few documented cases of contact with anyone from the First Civilization or that era. We still don't really know what their deal is.

Gavin's agreed to help and thinks he can solve it with words rather than violence. After all, we need to know what's going on with their cell. We're going to a real-life Soviet Science City! (How cool is that?)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/s403x403/10013942_481163538651227_1926783162_n.jpg

The following is an excerpt from a series of log entries from an Assassin lab in Protvino, outside of Moscow:

I've found mother's old journal. It's hard to believe that she was once so young and optimistic. I wonder if she would recognize the Brotherhood or the Academy today.

After Figatner's commission took over, wave after wave of punishments and condemnations crashed into anyone deemed “Anti-Soviet”. Many people loyal to our cause, scientists and Assassins alike, were either killed or forced into hiding.

After the war, the Academy of Sciences was able to reorganize. They were freed of Templar influence, and the Assassins finally managed to poison Stalin, and make it look like a stroke.

We had hoped to return to our roots, but now our own Mentor is dead. Suddenly, we are aimless, without vision.

Without a strong leader, we are losing influence with our government, and funding is drying up.

I think I will continue to write in Mother's journal. It's comforting, and we need to find inspiration from the past to build that better future.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjLLGCUCAAAMJK2.jpg

We found the science city! What a disappointment. This place is a rotten ****hole. It's also crawling with feral Assassins, driven mad by the Bleeding Effect.

We all had guns (except Manny) but Galina refused. She had two hidden blades. Galina ended all of them, practically by herself. It was like a gruesome ballet.

One of the mad Assassins looked exactly like her! A twin? Galina didn't even blink, killed her in SECONDS. Man, she's scary.

Sidebar: I am a terrible shot. Why didn't I stay on the ****ing boat?

We forced our way into the lab. Galina's mother was there, strapped to the saddest-looking Animus I have ever seen. The parts were ancient. It shouldn't have been running at all. She was just babbling. Something about her lost husband, the colour gray. Bleeding Effect nonsense.

There were monitors on the wall. It was just static but… it looked like there was a face in there. I feel like I've seen it before but I can't place it…

Galina knelt down next to the machine, and plunged her blade into her mother's brain. Everyone was looking at them, but I kept looking at that face in the monitors. It looked like it was screaming but it's gone now. Was it even there?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjPmC6gCYAA3Jm-.jpg

I was stealing animals from the Moscow zoo to use for testing when I saw a man being chased by police, though I knew them to be Templar footsoldiers. I killed them and was shocked to find that their quarry was an Assassin like me, but an American. As thanks, the man told me the cause of his predicament: A series of blueprints stolen from Abstergo. The plans document a machine called an “Animus.” It is unlike anything I've ever seen before.

He told me to take the plans to my team, to build this machine before the Templars. He said it had the potential to change everything. He made me promise to keep him up to date with our progress.

I asked how I would be able to contact him. He told me that he was in the city to meet with another Assassin cell based in Moscow. Are there really two? Is our Brotherhood so broken and fractured now that we cannot share a city?

He said that if I ever needed him, I was to meet him at this spot, between the old and new zoos, on the night of a full moon.

I asked how he would know that I had been there. The man smiled. So brash. So young.

He said: “I've got eyes and ears everywhere. I'll know, and I'll find you.”

The man's name was William.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjfEGfDCYAE6aEk.jpg

The Soviet Union has dissolved. The nation falls deeper into Templar hands.

From what I can gather, we are the only Assassin Science City left. With one maddening project that has haunted us for over a decade.

What is the Animus? It's the only question that I've been asked since I brought those blueprints back. I have no answer. From what we can decipher, it reads... not your thoughts, not your dreams, but... your memories? It sounds crazy to say out loud.

We've built one as best we can, but we lack Abstergo's resources, their technology. It requires enormous amounts of power. The few test subjects who have used it emerged from the experience as madmen. They are locked in another wing of the compound for care and study.

Nobody wants to pay for it. Nobody CAN pay for it. Whatever Assassins are left just laugh at us. They say we will not save Russia with a machine.

They pressure us to turn it into a weapon, to lower its potential into something crude that they can understand. Something they can sell for funds, or something they can kill their enemies with. Something USEFUL.

What happened to us? What happened to our future? What kind of world am I leaving to my twin girls?

https://scontent-a-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31.0-8/q87/s720x720/1529723_483430188424562_555534028_o.jpg

Gavin's away team met us in St. Petersburg and brought Galina along. She's the last of the Russian Assassins. Gavin has convinced her to join us on the boat, and judging from her performance in the Assassin lab, it looks like he's got his wish for an enforcer. I'm sure Manny is relieved.

Eric asked Galina how she avoided doing time in her mother's Animus and ending up like the poor souls she put down.

“I didn't,” she said, “I went into it like everyone else and learned to fight from my ancestors. I just didn't go crazy.”

Time will tell, I suppose.

Akaki and Nodai have sent word to their contacts in Georgia to send agents to form a new Russian Brotherhood. Osoroshii Baba will supply weapons from our people in the Philippines. Regardless of relations between their home countries, the Assassins are a Brotherhood without borders.

If there is one message Gavin brings with him in his tour around the world, it is this: The Assassins are no longer alone.

That's it for now.

I wonder if the Eve plot is going to have any relevance whatsoever to the games, especially the way people apparently can talk to other through the Animus.

The website Access The Animus (http://www.accesstheanimus.com/Indexa1.html) has great analysis over those updates (and AC in general). It's worth taking a look.

ArabianFrost
03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the compiling everything into an easy to read format.

Who's emmet though? He says he's a spy, so is he a Templar? I can't really follow through as to who he is. He doesn't seem that hostile.

frodrigues55
03-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the compiling everything into an easy to read format.

Who's emmet though? He says he's a spy, so is he a Templar? I can't really follow through as to who he is. He doesn't seem that hostile.

Emmet is an Assassin, but I don't know much because I don't really follow Initiates lol. Here's what I got from Wiki:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131206160414/assassinscreed/images/f/ff/ACi_TheSafetyInformation.jpg

Emmett is a member of the Assassin Order stationed on the Altair II. He serves as the cell's hacker and enjoys smoking recreational marijuana.

On 6 December 2013, Emmett and his team were in Osaka, Japan searching for a yakuza group responsible for killing a cell of Assassins in the city. Emmett used his computers to search through recent criminal activity in Osaka, discovering that there had recently been a violent gang war which had resulted in a branch of the yakuza, the Onmoraki-Gumi, being wiped out. Despite the city having been relatively quiet since then, Emmett decided to remain on board the Altair II with his computers.

On 13 December, Emmett and the other Assassins were debating the identity of the leader of the Onmoraki-Gumi, who they had discovered were still active. Emmett claimed that if he was not able to find out their identity they did not exist, although he made this claim while stoned and talking to a lamp.

On 31 December, the crew of the Altair II travelled to Tokyo to purchase supplies for the next leg of their journey, with Emmett buying various Japanese snackfoods while exploring the city.

The Altair II left Japan on 15 January 2014 while Emmett was recovering a two-day bender of Japanese corn syrup and his hybrid sativa. When Gavin Banks decided to consult William Miles' Codex to determine their next destination, Emmett questioned why they did not just contact William to decipher the Codex's codes. Gavin informed Emmett that he was not aware of William's location at the moment, and that it was more fun to figure out the mysteries for themselves.

The ship Altair II is in Russia right now, which is where they met Galina.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 10:38 PM
Big thanks for compiling this! Gonna be really surprised if at the very least she's not the modern protag in PS360 game. Best would be for both Unity and Comet, not feeling "the player is the protag" at all direction

frodrigues55
03-26-2014, 05:04 PM
There's a new memory available, I updated the OP!

https://scontent-a-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31.0-8/q87/s720x720/1529723_483430188424562_555534028_o.jpg

Gavin's away team met us in St. Petersburg and brought Galina along. She's the last of the Russian Assassins. Gavin has convinced her to join us on the boat, and judging from her performance in the Assassin lab, it looks like he's got his wish for an enforcer. I'm sure Manny is relieved.

Eric asked Galina how she avoided doing time in her mother's Animus and ending up like the poor souls she put down.

“I didn't,” she said, “I went into it like everyone else and learned to fight from my ancestors. I just didn't go crazy.”

Time will tell, I suppose.

Akaki and Nodai have sent word to their contacts in Georgia to send agents to form a new Russian Brotherhood. Osoroshii Baba will supply weapons from our people in the Philippines. Regardless of relations between their home countries, the Assassins are a Brotherhood without borders.

If there is one message Gavin brings with him in his tour around the world, it is this: The Assassins are no longer alone.

lasha7716
03-26-2014, 06:07 PM
wow so there are Georgian assassins Akaki and Nodari nice didn't know there was Brotherhood in my country

Legendz54
03-27-2014, 03:26 AM
Thats pretty cool.. They could easily use this material for a 3rd person modern day protag.