PDA

View Full Version : Second AC Game in Russia: Confirmed!?

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 01:47 AM
OK,

so today a really good friend of mine that works as an ASM at Gamestop called to tell me about how they are already taking pre-orders for AC:Unity she also went on to tell me that it is ONLY for current gen systems so X:One and PS4. She also told that the second game while she didn't tell me the name will be taking place in Russia and it isn't available for pre-order just yet since it hasn't been announced and that it will only be available on last gen systems. so there ya go those are the 2 games that we are getting this year! France and Russia!?

what do you guys think?

and Ubisoft I hate you for taking all of my money! Dx goodbye $195 American Dollars.

EDIT: JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS.. EVERYTHING ABOUT ACU IS TRUE. AC IN RUSSIA SHE GOT THE INFO FROM HER STORE MANAGER WHO SAID "AC RUSSIA IS HAPPENING" I DO NOT KNOW WHERE HIS INFORMATION CAME FROM.

**EVERYTHING IS NOW SPECULATION. **

deskp
03-24-2014, 01:50 AM
Nope its not confirmed, and I dont believe your gamestop employee.

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 01:51 AM
OK,

so today a really good friend of mine that works as an ASM at Gamestop called to tell me about how they are already taking pre-orders for AC:Unity she also went on to tell me that it is ONLY for current gen systems so X:One and PS4. She also told that the second game while she didn't tell me the name will be taking place in Russia and it isn't available for pre-order just yet since it hasn't been announced and that it will only be available on last gen systems. so there ya go those are the 2 games that we are getting this year! France and Russia!?

what do you guys think?

and Ubisoft I hate you for taking all of my money! Dx goodbye $195 American Dollars.

I would be up for it.

Nikolai really needs his own game along with that 3D art of his.

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Nope its not confirmed, and I dont believe your gamestop employee.

actually it would make sense. A ton of other things have pointed to a game in Russia.

Locopells
03-24-2014, 02:05 AM
Nothing is true, etc...who knows?

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 02:07 AM
Usually I wouldn't believe this, but just because it's poptartz, i'm willing to partially believe it and even if it's false, I wouldn't blame it on poptartz..

I'v seen enough of your posts to know you're not trolling

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 02:17 AM
Hahah.. thanks M :D

*feels pressure*

I'll try to find out more info once she gets off of work. I really didn't get a chance to talk to her for long. Also I don't see the reason to lie about it. then again she could just have the wrong info!

But I mean I would be okay with Russia I've been thinking it should go here anyways, not to mention China. STILL WAITING on that one lol! What time period though? I would imagine the 1800's? but it could be earlier. When did the game with Nikolai take place?

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 02:23 AM
Yeah I also am only believing it because when I used to lurk on here, poptartz never trolled and was a good poster person.

So i say this is legit :cool:

Also try to be anonymous about your friend, poptartz. She might lose her job if she is found out she accidentally leaked info like this.

Layytez
03-24-2014, 02:25 AM
Russia you say ? Well guess where the modern day peoples are right now....and who else is there ;)

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 02:27 AM
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131014122903/assassinscreed/images/2/27/ACI-Nikolai.png

Let's see him in a game!

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Hahah.. thanks M :D

*feels pressure*

I'll try to find out more info once she gets off of work. I really didn't get a chance to talk to her for long. Also I don't see the reason to lie about it. then again she could just have the wrong info!

But I mean I would be okay with Russia I've been thinking it should go here anyways, not to mention China. STILL WAITING on that one lol! What time period though? I would imagine the 1800's? but it could be earlier. When did the game with Nikolai take place?

Nikolai was there for the Russian Revolution/World War 1 and Before so timeframe of late 1890s or 1900 to 1919ish

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 02:30 AM
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131014122903/assassinscreed/images/2/27/ACI-Nikolai.png

Let's see him in a game!

I always found it odd that they included the 3d version of Nikolai with the other game assassins in several pictures, but no other comic Assassins, I found that very strange and it may be a hint that they intend to put him in a game at some point. Otherwise idk why he would be in a picture with the other assassins who have games, and not anyone else from a comic or initiates or VHS taype or whatever other ridiculous media they have cannon stories in now haha.

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 02:32 AM
I always found it odd that they included the 3d version of Nikolai with the other game assassins in several pictures, but no other comic Assassins, I found that very strange and it may be a hint that they intend to put him in a game at some point. Otherwise idk why he would be in a picture with the other assassins who have games, and not anyone else from a comic or initiates or VHS taype or whatever other ridiculous media they have cannon stories in now haha.

I fully agree.

The developers probably thought:

"Ah, what the heck. We made the character model. Might as well make a game for him for the last gen users"

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 02:36 AM
I fully agree.

The developers probably thought:

"Ah, what the heck. We made the character model. Might as well make a game for him for the last gen users"

Idk if they wernt planning that anyway I mean that pic is from AC4s case insert right? or was it 3? anyway since theres 2 year development cycles, and they clearly had a character model last year then they probably were half way through making a Nikolai game last year (just a theory) but it would explain why he's the only Non-Game character there.

HDinHB
03-24-2014, 02:38 AM

VHS LOL! Maybe Nikolai gets promoted because Daniel Cross had a significant role in AC3? Initiates reveals the modern day Assassins are going gangbusters in Moscow this week, so maybe that is a hint toward the modern day in this year's game(s) or it's a diversion. There is also some research involving Nikolai's timeframe, so who knows?

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 02:41 AM
I feel like an idiot now because Darby mentioned they could go to Russia in modern day in the next game if they wanted to. (in Podcast)

He was forshadowing! Especially because he's actually involved in writing this one.

Not to mention the geographical hint recently pointing to Russia and AC: Initiates talking about Moscow...

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 02:44 AM
VHS LOL! Maybe Nikolai gets promoted because Daniel Cross had a significant role in AC3? Initiates reveals the modern day Assassins are going gangbusters in Moscow this week, so maybe that is a hint toward the modern day in this year's game(s) or it's a diversion. There is also some research involving Nikolai's timeframe, so who knows?

haha thanks for catching that joke! And it does seem there is a lot of hinting toward Russia so I'm going to guess we see Nikolai, if not him directly we're another assassin around during his period who encounters him or something. There's just too many suspicious things pointing subtly toward Russia (and not so subtly on initiates)

Oh and I almost forgot "look at the stars". Perhaps the Red Star of the Communist Party/Bolsheviks and Soviet Union????

LatinaC09
03-24-2014, 03:05 AM
I don't think the past gen console game will be in Russia but at this point...who knows. IF there even is a second AC game....

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 03:11 AM
I don't think the past gen console game will be in Russia but at this point...who knows. IF there even is a second AC game....

I think there is credence to the 2 game rumor only for the reason that AC is such a huge name franchise, and it wouldn't make sense for them to be new gen exclusive when it hasn't even been a full year since the new gen's release, many of their fans are still on old gen so they would gain more money by selling an old gen game, and all the people who have upgraded would buy both most likely, and everyone else would buy Unity when they upgrade sometime within the next year or two.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-24-2014, 03:16 AM
Ugh. I would not be okay with this.

Russia? Fine, I mean... the architecture there is a bit more differentiated from Western Europe architecture (I understand that France, England, Italy, etc. have different architecture but they all have numerous similarities) but I believe Russia has quite a different look to it's architecture since it's a bit further removed from Western Europe. But early 1900s? I'm already sick of the 1700's and 1800's would be even worse than that. Late/early 1900s? SCREW THAT. We already had semi-automatic pistols by that point. I already think 1700's have been done too much and the 1800's would be too modern due to the prevalence of six-shooters and rifles with larger magazines (i.e. NOT muskets that only fire a bullet and then reload)... 1900's would be ridiculous.

It's why it always astounds me that people would want a WWI or, worse, a WWII AC. Saboteur gives a vague idea at what that'd be like. It might be fun, but AC would lose all it's charm when you provide that type of firepower. No. Thanks.

Russia? Sure, just set it back. I'd prefer pre-18th century, please.

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 03:21 AM
Why didn't I see it before...Comet...Look to the Stars...Tunguska?

Layytez
03-24-2014, 03:23 AM
If we do not use the animus to go back to some time in Russia I'm 80% sure the modern day plot will be in Russia since we won't be at abstergo.

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 03:35 AM

Russia? Fine, I mean... the architecture there is a bit more differentiated from Western Europe architecture (I understand that France, England, Italy, etc. have different architecture but they all have numerous similarities) but I believe Russia has quite a different look to it's architecture since it's a bit further removed from Western Europe. But early 1900s? I'm already sick of the 1700's and 1800's would be even worse than that. Late/early 1900s? SCREW THAT. We already had semi-automatic pistols by that point. I already think 1700's have been done too much and the 1800's would be too modern due to the prevalence of six-shooters and rifles with larger magazines (i.e. NOT muskets that only fire a bullet and then reload)... 1900's would be ridiculous.

It's why it always astounds me that people would want a WWI or, worse, a WWII AC. Saboteur gives a vague idea at what that'd be like. It might be fun, but AC would lose all it's charm when you provide that type of firepower. No. Thanks.

I don't understand why people freak out about the 1800s? 1800s begin With Napoleonic period which is similar to the 1700s, and end with Russo-Japanese/Spanish-American wars tech which as far as militaries are concerned still consisted of a revolver and bolt action rifle. Nikolai's period wasn't much different standard weapons were still bolt action, and for AC's purposes you may have an officer with a semi-automatic pistol, but semi-auto is exactly that(one bullet per pull of the trigger) and under the assumption they would shoot realistically and not like guy button mashing in COD in last stand mode that wouldn't exactly be spraying lead everywhere you couldn't avoid.

There's also the simple fact that it just has never been done by AC so how can you judge it without seeing their take on it first? Splinter Cell does alright with stealth action game with fully modern weapons, I don't see how if you took tech from a Red Dead type era like Nikolai's(1890s-1919) and added silent weapons like a sabre, dagger, hatchet, and hidden blade I don't see how stealth would be thrown out the window. With blending abilities and such and options for silent weapons like these it would actually be more optional to the player to take a stealth route(which may be easier but take more time), or go in guns blazing and swords gleaming for a more direct, but more difficult approach due to likelihood of dying. I would think more modern guns would actually increase a player's likelihood to use stealth, and weapons like the hidden blade or rope dart for the simple fact that your enemy could kill you easier when they see you. I mean lets face it you would be more likely to charge in stab a guy with a hidden blade in front of a crowd if you knew your enemies only have swords and would have to chase you to kill you, but if those people have guns you may try that but before you get close enough to your target 10bullets tear through you and you fall to the ground desynchronized.

Has anyone considered that fact?

I do agree though that anything beyond WW1 i.e. WW2 or gangsters or something would be horrible just because of the over abundance of fully automatic weapons spraying your way around like the Saboteur is just not AC to me, but I could deal with a revolver or semi auto pistol as long as they keep the guns realistic firing rates and actual reload rates(those pistols usually only have an 8 round clip)

Radman500
03-24-2014, 03:44 AM

your anti-european hatred is getting predictable and tiresome

its like your sub-consciously saying "i just dont want to play as white people"

Consus_E
03-24-2014, 03:54 AM
Disappointed... meh wasn't really planning to but the last gen AC anyway. I guess I'll wait for the actual time period and more details before I completely dismiss this game. Poptarz is it possible that your friend at Gamestop is just playing a prank on you?

I just hope that we get a new assassin instead of Nikolai, his story has been explored by the comic.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 03:54 AM

I don't think he's hating on Europe. I think you're the one being weird and jumping on anyone who says anything remotely negative about Europe...

So what if he doesn't want another White protagonist?? Jeez, you're the one making a thousand threads and posts asking the same dang question "do you sink hez black" "do you sink hez white" "were zere arabz in Franze"

calm the hell down -_-

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Yeah I also am only believing it because when I used to lurk on here, poptartz never trolled and was a good poster person.

So i say this is legit :cool:

Also try to be anonymous about your friend, poptartz. She might lose her job if she is found out she accidentally leaked info like this.

Haha. I guess it pays not to be a troll! :D

but yes of course! I wouldn't want to get her fired so this information stays here on the internet forever Dx but I won't mention her by name or anything or which store she works at of course! like I said. I'm pretty sure this is true. She wouldn't have any reason to lie about it. Then on the other hand it could just be wrong info. (which I don't think so)

Plus considering she doesn't follow AC at all nor she has never played it. So it was a Red Flag (Lol...flag) For her to come out and say the next AC would be in Russia considering I've never mentioned it to her, then at the same time for it to be in Russia it would make sense! :o

Until we get a ubi confirmation or some legit pictures or some other kind of leak this is what I have to go on. and I would apologize for this being wrong!

Layytez
03-24-2014, 04:03 AM

I'm tired of the european settings also. I'm even more annoyed at the fact they in the 1700/1800's. Nothing really feels different.

Wolfmeister1010
03-24-2014, 04:10 AM
There is no reason to assume that Poptart is trolling. I am sure you would never try to troll us.

I would be very open to the idea of a game in my country.

RagingDragon14
03-24-2014, 04:12 AM
Isn't it obvious? Tunguska Event was caused by either an asteroid or comet that blew up in the atmosphere over that region of Russia. Thus AC Comet being set in Russia makes perfect sense.

deskp
03-24-2014, 04:12 AM
I always found it odd that they included the 3d version of Nikolai with the other game assassins in several pictures, but no other comic Assassins.

There is only 1 other comic assassin, and thats the one from Braham, wich came out around same time as AC4. So maybe well see a cg of him in the future aswell regardless if its a game or not.

The assassins in the french comics are not canon, and isn't directly created by ubisoft.

Consus_E
03-24-2014, 04:15 AM

but yes of course! I wouldn't want to get her fired so this information stays here on the internet forever Dx but I won't mention her by name or anything or which store she works at of course! like I said. I'm pretty sure this is true. She wouldn't have any reason to lie about it. Then on the other hand it could just be wrong info. (which I don't think so)

Plus considering she doesn't follow AC at all nor she has never played it. So it was a Red Flag (Lol...flag) For her to come out and say the next AC would be in Russia considering I've never mentioned it to her, then at the same time for it to be in Russia it would make sense! :o

Until we get a ubi confirmation or some legit pictures or some other kind of leak this is what I have to go on. and I would apologize for this being wrong!

Does this mean you can ask her for more details? Or does she only know the setting?
---|moving on|---
I have a strange feeling that Comet may star a female protagonist, which I would find annoying because it would mean yet another female Assassin on outdated hardware, while the male Assassin is in a full console game "right where he belongs" :mad: Because everyone knows that "gurlz dont belong in main Assassassins games tha belong in da kitchen haha..."

deskp
03-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Does this mean you can ask her for more details? Or does she only know the setting?
---|moving on|---
I have a strange feeling that Comet may star a female protagonist, which I would find annoying because it would mean yet another female Assassin on outdated hardware, while the male Assassin is in a full console game "right where he belongs" :mad: Because everyone knows that "gurlz dont belong in main Assassassins games tha belong in da kitchen haha..."

Well comet will rpoapbly sell the most copies, and thereby "converting" more people into playing games with female protagonists

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 04:35 AM
Well comet will rpoapbly sell the most copies, and thereby "converting" more people into playing games with female protagonists

I wouldn't be so sure about that one. PS4 has already sold 6 million, XB1 at least 4 million. At the end of the year you have an exclusive Assassins Creed and Batman Game. They are going to sell a lot more.

deskp
03-24-2014, 04:42 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about that one. PS4 has already sold 6 million, XB1 at least 4 million. At the end of the year you have an exclusive Assassins Creed and Batman Game. They are going to sell a lot more.

well if comet's setting etc is unique enough. both people with and without next gen will buy it.

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 04:47 AM
well if comet's setting etc is unique enough. both people with and without next gen will buy it.

Depends, I held off GTA V, Tomb Raider and Dark Souls 2, I can do the same with this.

deskp
03-24-2014, 04:52 AM
Depends, I held off GTA V, Tomb Raider and Dark Souls 2, I can do the same with this.

do you mean youre waiting for it to get ported to 'next gen' ? if so you'd end up buying it still and then i dont see your point.

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 04:55 AM

I know. It's just big companies can and will track down leaks if they're super revealing. A check of an IP address and nearest gamestop and that's all it takes. (plus if you're logged in with your Uplay account they might have more tracking information) Companies travel countries far to do these things and it's frightening. I've seen several leakers lose their jobs and get a bad record as a result so that's why I'm a bit paranoid by these sorta things. Sorry if I made you anxious or anything.

Anyway, I hope your friend is fine and remains under the radar. :)

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 04:57 AM
I wouldn't try to troll you guys on purpose! it's not the poptartz style!

I hope this info comes out to be right! :P

pretty sure she only knows the setting...

I know. It's just big companies can and will track down leaks if they're super revealing. A check of an IP address and nearest gamestop and that's all it takes. (plus if you're logged in with your Uplay account they might have more tracking information) Companies travel countries far to do these things and it's frightening. I've seen several leakers lose their jobs and get a bad record as a result so that's why I'm a bit paranoid by these sorta things. Sorry if I made you anxious or anything.

Anyway, I hope your friend is fine and remains under the radar. :)

Oh! she doesn't work at one near my house anyways. so I think it will be okay! hopefully! we will have to see if it's right of course.

deskp
03-24-2014, 05:01 AM
I

pretty sure she only knows the setting...
how does that work,,,,, why would gamestop end up knowing the setting and only the setting... it would be mroe natural if they knew the name or had seen a poster or promotional art. but only knowing the setting seems weird... sure she didnt catch a costumer saying it or something? wich would be like 2. hand speculation/rumor.

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 05:22 AM
how does that work,,,,, why would gamestop end up knowing the setting and only the setting... it would be mroe natural if they knew the name or had seen a poster or promotional art. but only knowing the setting seems weird... sure she didnt catch a costumer saying it or something? wich would be like 2. hand speculation/rumor.

Very good question! at the moment I'm not sure. I was told (just spoke to her) that she found out through her Store Manager and he said "AC Russia is Happening" , so it could very well be second hand considering I don't know where her store manager got the info from!

deskp
03-24-2014, 05:26 AM
sounds like perhaps the AC france news somehow ended up becoming russia.

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 05:34 AM
sounds like perhaps the AC france news somehow ended up becoming russia.

very well could have been! lol. I hope we hear about the game soon! :D whatever it may be!

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Yup, there will be like 20 million PS4bone boxes out there by Holiday season, and it's quite safe to assume ACU will get PS4 bundle too

deskp
03-24-2014, 05:53 AM
very well could have been! lol. I hope we hear about the game soon! :D whatever it may be!

YEP! I would like a game in russia btw x]

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 06:03 AM
I'll be the first to admit I know NOTHING about Russia execept a bit of their involvement of World War 2.

As a stereotypical 'Murican, I'm not very cultured.

So I hope this new AC game can teach me something I didn't know.

AC3 made me realize Washington was a bit of a ****.

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 06:06 AM
I'll be the first to admit I know NOTHING about Russia execept a bit of their involvement of World War 2.

As a stereotypical 'Murican, I'm not very cultured.

So I hope this new AC game can teach me something I didn't know.

AC3 made me realize Washington was a bit of a ****.

Yeah.. I can't lie I would have to agree and say the same. I know only what I've learned about Russia in history books. haha. #gomurica

Rugterwyper32
03-24-2014, 06:06 AM
I still can't shake the feeling the 360/ps3 game will be downloadable but hey, maybe not
Anyway, if it's Russia, my hopes lie on either the Time of Troubles or the Decemberist Revolt. Or maybe the Livonian War.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-24-2014, 06:09 AM
I don't understand why people freak out about the 1800s? 1800s begin With Napoleonic period which is similar to the 1700s, and end with Russo-Japanese/Spanish-American wars tech which as far as militaries are concerned still consisted of a revolver and bolt action rifle. Nikolai's period wasn't much different standard weapons were still bolt action, and for AC's purposes you may have an officer with a semi-automatic pistol, but semi-auto is exactly that(one bullet per pull of the trigger) and under the assumption they would shoot realistically and not like guy button mashing in COD in last stand mode that wouldn't exactly be spraying lead everywhere you couldn't avoid.

Let me stop you right there. Muskets are not the same type of rifle as an 1800's rifle. 1700's muskets loaded about a single bullet. While I'm sure there were examples of weaponry firing more than one round before reloading, it simply was NOT the majority. Moving on to the 1800s, we see bolt action rifles with the capacity to fire multiple shots before the need to reload thus amplifying firepower. Again, revolvers alone provide 6 consecutive shots before reloading. Gatling guns become a reality as well. THAT is a machine gun and while it wouldn't have been common or used often, do you really think the Templars wouldn't have one on hand?

So to say the weaponry of the 1700s vs. 1800s "wasn't much different" is completely and factually wrong. A standard flintlock would fire 1 bullet and then you'd have to reload (a fairly lengthy process). A standard revolver would fire 6 bullets before the need to reload which was also a fairly lengthy process. Only difference is you'd see that lengthy process less since you'd be able to fire more times before needing it. You can find examples of flintlocks with more than one fire before reload just as you can find revolvers with more than six fired before reload but those are the standard.

I never said it'd be like CoD. It's still too "modern."

There's also the simple fact that it just has never been done by AC so how can you judge it without seeing their take on it first? Splinter Cell does alright with stealth action game with fully modern weapons, I don't see how if you took tech from a Red Dead type era like Nikolai's(1890s-1919) and added silent weapons like a sabre, dagger, hatchet, and hidden blade I don't see how stealth would be thrown out the window. With blending abilities and such and options for silent weapons like these it would actually be more optional to the player to take a stealth route(which may be easier but take more time), or go in guns blazing and swords gleaming for a more direct, but more difficult approach due to likelihood of dying. I would think more modern guns would actually increase a player's likelihood to use stealth, and weapons like the hidden blade or rope dart for the simple fact that your enemy could kill you easier when they see you. I mean lets face it you would be more likely to charge in stab a guy with a hidden blade in front of a crowd if you knew your enemies only have swords and would have to chase you to kill you, but if those people have guns you may try that but before you get close enough to your target 10bullets tear through you and you fall to the ground desynchronized.

AHA...and now you prove me right. Red Dead Redemption was an open world game but it's action was a cover-based shooter. As soon as you entered combat... it would become a shooter. No one fought with swords in the 1800s anymore. Maybe for ceremonial purposes but they would do the same thing Indiana Jones did to the guy wielding a sword in Raiders, shoot him. So sure, throw in some sneaky weapons and it would play just like any AC... until you're detected and then immediately fired at. You pull out your revolver and dive behind cover and wham. Welcome to RDR gameplay.

I do agree though that anything beyond WW1 i.e. WW2 or gangsters or something would be horrible just because of the over abundance of fully automatic weapons spraying your way around like the Saboteur is just not AC to me, but I could deal with a revolver or semi auto pistol as long as they keep the guns realistic firing rates and actual reload rates(those pistols usually only have an 8 round clip)

Still think it's too much. I think once flying machines that AREN'T by Leonardo become a thing... it's a sure sign to say "...yeah maybe it's too modern."

Cry about it.

I don't think he's hating on Europe. I think you're the one being weird and jumping on anyone who says anything remotely negative about Europe...

So what if he doesn't want another White protagonist?? Jeez, you're the one making a thousand threads and posts asking the same dang question "do you sink hez black" "do you sink hez white" "were zere arabz in Franze"

calm the hell down -_-

Thumbs up.

I'm tired of the european settings also. I'm even more annoyed at the fact they in the 1700/1800's. Nothing really feels different.

Exactly! Like... if they have to do Europe... why not Elizabethan England (late 1500s/early 1600s). At least it wouldn't be the 1700's! That said, I'd prefer not to be in Europe at all. An Asian setting would be my wish but literally ANYTHING other than Europe would be nice.

Me too! I almost hope there's NOT another game though. The series already feels bloated with a yearly release and the fact that the last 3 have ALL been set within the same 50 year spread of the 1700s... doesn't make me too happy to hear about a potential SECOND game this year...

Legendz54
03-24-2014, 06:12 AM
Nice, I believe you.. I wouldn't mind Russia.

EDIT: 2,000 posts!!

Radman500
03-24-2014, 06:19 AM
my problem is that Bobwuzhere flip-flops he goes on and says he doesn't hate Europe...and then in the other posts he says he does....

i just want to know why he hates Europe so much?

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 06:29 AM
my problem is that Bobwuzhere flip-flops he goes on and says he doesn't hate Europe...and then in the other posts he says he does....

i just want to know why he hates Europe so much?
He dislikes Europe as a setting. I have settings I dislike too. you can dislike a place, you know...like normal people with preferences...

Why do you care?? he doesn't owe you any explanation....He wants a setting outside of Europe, deal with it...

Radman500
03-24-2014, 06:30 AM
He dislikes Europe as a setting. I have settings I dislike too. you can dislike a place, you know...like normal people with preferences...

Why do you care?? he doesn't owe you any explanation....He wants a setting outside of Europe, deal with it...
Europe is not 1 monolithic thing..you do realize that

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 06:35 AM

But the difference between each Euro countries is much smaller than Europe vs East Asia obviously. Even if we reduce everything to a design perspective, even skin color/geneder, it is perfectly understandable why some fans want to see something completly different. Architecture, fashion, the way people look, weapons etc. And will obviously want even more after the upcoming combo of (likely) 2 Euro games

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 06:37 AM
No one cares, he doesn't care, I don't care...you've said this one thousand times...he doesn't care if it's not one monolithic thing, to him (and to me to an extent, frankly) all of Europe has a lot of similarities that different countries wouldn't feel too different and besides, he wants 1500s England, so he isn't entirely opposed to the idea of a game in Europe..

Stop jumping on people and putting words in their mouths. you either contribute to the topic of the thread or cut the crap about everyone hating Europe and the white man...

Radman500
03-24-2014, 06:40 AM
But the difference between each Euro countries is much smaller than Europe vs East Asia obviously. Even if we reduce everything to a design perspective, even skin color/geneder, it is perfectly understandable why some fans want to see something completly different. Architecture, fashion, the way people look, weapons etc. And will obviously want even more after the upcoming combo of (likely) 2 Euro games
what about the people that don't want the series to leave Europe and hate East Asia?

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 06:44 AM
what about the people that don't want the series to leave Europe and hate East Asia?
Who cares?? this is one guy expressing his disappointment at another Europe game. You obviously don't care about him disliking a European setting. That's not how it works. You're not supposed to care about anyone else when expressing an opinion.

what about me who wanted a middle eastern setting? what about him who wanted an east Asian setting? what about that guy who wanted Australia?

Your arguments are weird...

shobhit7777777
03-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Good

The Russian Assassin better have a kickass beard - not the cultured, bourgeois one Ezio has - a full on Spartan man beard which traps bullets and arrows and occasionally bears

I can already see it - My stoic Russki Assassin plowing through snow...the thousand yard stare on his grizzled, scarred face...flecks of snow dotting his beard. The people of Grimslandgrad, Russia (The setting guize) walking hunched over, eager to get back to their warm hearths and borscht (Sorry, I don't know much about Russian culture...so have some stereotypes)...our portagonist slips into an alley and eyes a perch overlooking the town square.

He can hear the muffled roar of a crowd in the distance....our hero makes his way up...effortlessly...inspite of groaning bones and weary muscles he scales the building. He squats on the shingled (IDK were they?) roof and spots his prey....Evilanov Dudeski (what?) spewing his vitriolic nonsense...polluting the public opinion with lies, slander and propaganda.

Our hero takes a swig from his hip flask...the diesel like liquid which passes for vodka (May I present you..stereotype!) in these parts warms him. He wipes the dribble off his beard and brings to bear his trusty rifle...a battered old thing which has taken many lives...none innocent. He lines up his target....center of the body....75 meters.....the wind buffets his rifle....he takes a deep breath and steadies his frame.

Dudeski brings up 3 "enemies of the state" - farmers, peasants - up to the ramshackle wooden stage. Our hero can't hear the words but knows very well what is being said..something about betrayal, treachery or in some cases adultery....its all irrelevant now. The prey's cronies line up behind the prisoners, rifles up and ready......one of them having soiled himself.

Dudeski gives the order -

"Ready" - Our hero tightens his arms and chest....the rifle is rock steady
"Aim" - Everything vanishes, only the blood red silhouette of the prey remains, the rifle centered squarely at his throat....
"Fire" - Triggers are squeezed and Four bodies drop

The target clutches his chest and drops like a rock....nobody knows it yet, nobody comprehends it yet....but Evilanov is dead, his heart cleaved into two by a large caliber round

It takes a couple of seconds - his guards run into the ground rifles up in the air..looking for the shooter....the crowd panics....a detachment of troops makes their way towards the source of the likely shot...our hero's perch.

The massive crowd makes getting through difficult...they surround the building.....they make their way up but encounter no one....just a hobbled old man swigging vodka from his flask, cursing them in extremely imaginative obscenities. The hobbled old man makes his way out, and melts into the vast crowd of panic stricken townsfolk....he isn't hobbled anymore. His job done....our assassin goes off to wrestle bears.

rprkjj
03-24-2014, 06:52 AM
No one cares, he doesn't care, I don't care...you've said this one thousand times...he doesn't care if it's not one monolithic thing, to him (and to me to an extent, frankly) all of Europe has a lot of similarities that different countries wouldn't feel too different and besides, he wants 1500s England, so he isn't entirely opposed to the idea of a game in Europe..

Stop jumping on people and putting words in their mouths. you either contribute to the topic of the thread or cut the crap about everyone hating Europe and the white man...

I'm a white man, and I'm not European. I'm American. Please don't generalize.

Anyway, I guess we can rule out naval in AC this year if Russia is Comet's setting.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 06:55 AM
I'm a white man, and I'm not European. I'm American. Please don't generalize.

Where did I generalize?

rprkjj
03-24-2014, 06:58 AM
Where did I generalize?

You said, "Europe and the white man.". They aren't the same thing, you can hate one and not the other.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 07:03 AM
You said, "Europe and the white man.". They aren't the same thing, you can hate one and not the other.
Where did I say that they're the same thing?

Spoon AND fork. Soup AND rice. Donkey AND dog.

I'm referring to Radman's crusade to personally label ANYONE who wants a change of white protagonists and/or Europe as someone with a White man/European hating agenda...

rprkjj
03-24-2014, 07:04 AM
Where did I say that they're the same thing?

Spoon AND fork. Soup AND rice. Donkey AND dog.

I'm referring to Radman's crusade to personally label ANYONE who wants a change of white protagonists and/or Europe as someone with a White man/European hating agenda...

He never said white. You did.

Calvarok
03-24-2014, 07:06 AM

Let's see him in a game!
He can be in the game or talked about in the game, but the Assassin of Comet had better be a lady assassin.

I'm playing liberation, and playing as a woman is such an awesome change of perspective. If we're getting two games in the same year, make the main characters different. We've had like 5 dudes, let us play as another woman.

And then next time, make the woman the main character of the main game that year. There's so much to explore about the female perspective in history, contrary to what idiots might say, they did not just do domestic stuff all the time, and no, it's not impossible for them to be as physically active as our assassins. Very few of our assassins are heavily built, most of them are pretty slim and agile, and that sort of build is attainable for almost all women, except those with disabilities or an illness that would debilitate a man too.

I could go on, but the people who have some sort of issue with it don't respond to facts or logic, or want to understand why it would be a good thing besides just adding variety.

rprkjj
03-24-2014, 07:10 AM
He can be in the game or talked about in the game, but the Assassin of Comet had better be a lady assassin.

I'm playing liberation, and playing as a woman is such an awesome change of perspective. If we're getting two games in the same year, make the main characters different. We've had like 5 dudes, let us play as another woman.

And then next time, make the woman the main character of the main game that year. There's so much to explore about the female perspective in history, contrary to what idiots might say, they did not just do domestic stuff all the time, and no, it's not impossible for them to be as physically active as our assassins. Very few of our assassins are heavily built, most of them are pretty slim and agile, and that sort of build is attainable for almost all women, except those with disabilities or an illness that would debilitate a man too.
I could go on, but the people who have some sort of issue with it don't respond to facts or logic, or want to understand why it would be a good thing besides just adding variety.

I get what you mean. Aveline controls pretty well in the AC4 dlc. It wouldn't be necessary, but I don't really care if it's a dude or a chick.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 07:11 AM
He never said white. You did.

ouch...

rprkjj
03-24-2014, 07:13 AM
ouch...

Sorry, I didn't see that.

Calvarok
03-24-2014, 07:30 AM
I get what you mean. Aveline controls pretty well in the AC4 dlc. It wouldn't be necessary, but I don't really care if it's a dude or a chick.
I wouldn't care so much if not for the fact that there are barely any games with female leads. It bugs me that Ubisoft seems to be the least afraid of dealing with social issues or having non-conventional protagonists, but they still won't make a main game in any of their series with a female protagonist.

rprkjj
03-24-2014, 07:45 AM
I wouldn't care so much if not for the fact that there are barely any games with female leads. It bugs me that Ubisoft seems to be the least afraid of dealing with social issues or having non-conventional protagonists, but they still won't make a main game in any of their series with a female protagonist.

I don't think it's them being afraid to have a female lead. I think a male protagonist just fits the stories they've had planned for their games. If they really wanted to have a female lead in a console release, they would. When dealing with most past time periods, you'd have to really twist what was real to accommodate a female assassin. Most assassins are wanted anyway, so being a former slave and an unmarried woman don't play heavily into Aveline's arc.

It's when dealing with other male characters for long periods of time when you have to address the character's gender, when you don't have to for a man. Male leads are more convenient. Extra effort has to be put into tailoring a woman's story to her denomination. Whether it's worth it is up to Ubi. Thus far they've chosen male. If they choose female now or in the future, I wouldn't care.

rprkjj
03-24-2014, 08:42 AM
If Comet is in Russia, I'll be glad to see those awesome snowy environments from AC3 again. That said, do we know which game Jade Raymond is directing? Apparently Alex Amancio is directing Unity, and she's helping, so whose directing Comet?

ArabianFrost
03-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Very good question! at the moment I'm not sure. I was told (just spoke to her) that she found out through her Store Manager and he said "AC Russia is Happening" , so it could very well be second hand considering I don't know where her store manager got the info from!
What if gamestop is deliberately giving out bad info to find out who leaks? *strokes chin* I'd tell your friend to be afraid, be very afraid.

Farlander1991
03-24-2014, 08:49 AM
We had a multi-shot non-reloading gun in AC2/ACB/ACR, people didn't seem to mind. Why dislike of revolvers and multi-shot weapons?

souNdwAve89
03-24-2014, 08:50 AM
If Comet is in Russia, I'll be glad to see those awesome snowy environments from AC3 again. That said, do we know which game Jade Raymond is directing? Apparently Alex Amancio is directing Unity, and she's helping, so whose directing Comet?

Was it ever confirmed she was directing a game? I just assumed she was coming back as Executive Producer like for AC2 (she was just a producer for AC1). She works at Ubisoft Toronto, and it was confirmed that they're working on their own AC game.

RinoTheBouncer
03-24-2014, 09:04 AM
I think Russia was sort of inevitable, especially with all the ACINITIATES.com teasing. Theyíve tweeted/posted way too much about Russia the last few weeks whether itís the new character, Galina or old entries from Nikolaiís story or real-life history. I wonít be surprised. I think itís a great idea to experiment with the other AC title. Since they got one mainstream title, they can make the other more experimental.

ace3001
03-24-2014, 10:05 AM
I don't get what this Europe thing is about. We have been outside Europe for the last two games, and even Constantinople isn't entirely European. I can understand someone not wanting a European setting, but it's odd to act as if we've been in Europe all the time.

Farlander1991
03-24-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't get what this Europe thing is about. We have been outside Europe for the last two games, and even Constantinople isn't entirely European. I can understand someone not wanting a European setting, but it's odd to act as if we've been in Europe all the time.

I think the point in regards to Europe is that in ACIII/IV we're in Europe by proxy due to them being European colonies.

ace3001
03-24-2014, 10:14 AM
I think the point in regards to Europe is that in ACIII/IV we're in Europe by proxy due to them being European colonies.

You could say that somewhat for AC III, but AC IV? Sure, European colonies were there, but most of the environment was nothing like what you'd find anywhere in Europe.

frodrigues55
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM
I believe you and you probably believe her, so I think this may happen.

However, maybe her information is bad and she doesn't know it? I don't know how advanced are these things, but if shops know the name and location, wouldn't it have leaked already?

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 01:02 PM
As I've said previously, a project like Comet would likely fit a new Creative Director who has been recently promoted not one who is already around. So I suspect its a new one.

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Let me stop you right there. Muskets are not the same type of rifle as an 1800's rifle. 1700's muskets loaded about a single bullet. While I'm sure there were examples of weaponry firing more than one round before reloading, it simply was NOT the majority. Moving on to the 1800s, we see bolt action rifles with the capacity to fire multiple shots before the need to reload thus amplifying firepower. Again, revolvers alone provide 6 consecutive shots before reloading. Gatling guns become a reality as well. THAT is a machine gun and while it wouldn't have been common or used often, do you really think the Templars wouldn't have one on hand?

So to say the weaponry of the 1700s vs. 1800s "wasn't much different" is completely and factually wrong. A standard flintlock would fire 1 bullet and then you'd have to reload (a fairly lengthy process). A standard revolver would fire 6 bullets before the need to reload which was also a fairly lengthy process. Only difference is you'd see that lengthy process less since you'd be able to fire more times before needing it. You can find examples of flintlocks with more than one fire before reload just as you can find revolvers with more than six fired before reload but those are the standard.

I never said it'd be like CoD. It's still too "modern."

AHA...and now you prove me right. Red Dead Redemption was an open world game but it's action was a cover-based shooter. As soon as you entered combat... it would become a shooter. No one fought with swords in the 1800s anymore. Maybe for ceremonial purposes but they would do the same thing Indiana Jones did to the guy wielding a sword in Raiders, shoot him. So sure, throw in some sneaky weapons and it would play just like any AC... until you're detected and then immediately fired at. You pull out your revolver and dive behind cover and wham. Welcome to RDR gameplay.

Firstly, you did not read my post properly I was comparing the guns of the late 1800s to the guns of WW1 period not WW1 to the 1700s. Also a 6 shot revolver wouldn't be that overpowering for the basic reason that 1 shot wouldn't always kill your enemy, its not realistic, while it would be semi accurate for the 1700s and early 1800s for a pistol to kill with one shot due to larger caliber and soft lead ball rounds which cause more destruction, the bullets of WW1 were full metal jacket meaning that the lead doesn't mushroom and expand on impact, so the bullet passes through the body, making bullets less lethal with one shot. So you have a 6 shooter and 5 enemies, your lucky enough to shoot 3 in the head and the other two you need more than one shot for each. You don't have enough bullets to kill both, now there's an angry soldier with a bolt action rifle. What do you do? You run away, blend with a crowd or a mob, hide in a cart, etc. so he searches for you confused and frustradedly(this is one way this differs from a cover based shooter where you would have to fight till all your enemies die or you do) Also your Gatling gun argument is absurd, nobody carried these things around you know, they had to be mounted on carts like a cannon, and why would ubi even bother writing that kind of thing into a script, they were also so expensive and rare that only militaries had them and they would have been sent directly to the front lines(which is not where AC spends the majority of its time anyway) of a war not back at home cities. So realistically the only weapons we would have to deal with is bolt action rifles and a semi auto pistol or revolver. 6-8 shots for the pistol, 6-8 for the rifle, that's only 16 shots max without having to go through a lengthy reload, and each of those shots isn't guaranteed to kill your enemy, so good luck taking on more than 8 or 10 guards with just guns.

Now for your argument about swords. Firstly swords were heavily used up until the 1880s by military officers, and cavalry. In the US civil war an officer had a 6 shot revolver that took too long to reload so they would fight with swords when their shots were used. Also cavalry's main weapon was still a sabre even into the first world war. It wasn't until later in the war that tanks began to be used. Cavalry units were decimated by machine guns in WW1s battlefields because they would charge across with nothing but a sabre and pistol WW1 is actually the war that made swords become obsolete so they were still considered a viable weapon until 1916-1917ish. So it would not be unrealistic for a character of that time period to have a Saber especially if his clothes look somewhat military. Also things like a hatchet never fall out of style, and the hidden blades, throwing knives, bow and arrow, even the god awful blow gun could still be used as silent/mele weapons. So if they don't have overpowered guns and your surrounded by guards you still have conventional AC swords, tomahawk/hatchet, hidden blade combat. The enemy would still have bayonets also they were still very common until WW2.
Then there is still the social stealth part of the game where you can blend with crowds, carts, sides of buildings, bushes, etc, and use these traditional silent weapons to avoid any kind of confrontation. This differs very sharply from a "cover based shooter" because its just not one. Especially if the enemies bullets have a realistic effect on your characters health (say for example you cant get shot more than 3-4 times without dying) This would encourage you to blend with crowds to avoid being spotted even when you aren't in the middle of a mission.

Basically guns do not equal no stealth, and it also doesn't mean cover based shooter where you hide behind a wall and take on hoards of enemies because you have unrealistic health and seemingly infinite ammo and carry 100 different guns with ridiculously oversimplified and unrealistic reload rates(here's looking at you Red Dead)
A more modern AC would just mean MORE emphasis on stealth and silent kills BECAUSE of the guns! It wouldn't be constant shootouts but just there as an option if you are detected to fight off some enemies quickly(at least until your out of ammo and need to reload) and then run away and blend back in with the City.

So I don't understand how everyone freaks out about guns being in a game (I can understand machine guns but for crying out loud people) It doesn't relegate silent weapons and blades of any kind to being useless, if anything it would increase their priority for being used more often than say the Flintlock of AC3 and 4 that I would just use for the hell of it to take out an officer or Jaeger or clear a ship with my 4 cuz they wont stop me with their swords and bayonets, yet with more modern guns and enemies, it would be close to suicide to just pull a revolver out and cap an officer in the streets, Enemies with firepower to match mine would be on me like flies on sh!t. If anything the pistol's and blow gun, and blunderbuss of AC3,AC4, and Freedom cry were more overpowered in favor of the Assassins than the enemies weapons(I personally was never actually concerned with dying from an enemies' musket), whereas more modern tech would make enemies guns a force to be reckoned with. Think about it in depth....guns don't equal bad. If anything it would probably push AC back toward its roots and make the player pursue stealth because you won't be armed with crazy amounts of better weaponry than your enemies, as we have seen with the weapons since ACB gave us the crossbow and hidden gun. Now our enemies would have the same advantage if not a leg up. Think about it.

Lefter-Doomer
03-24-2014, 01:27 PM
You got me excited, sir.
I really hope to see the game set in Russia during Peter the Great's reign. As Artyom of Metro 2033 said, "Ya dushu gotov za eto prodat".

Dome500
03-24-2014, 02:02 PM
It's why it always astounds me that people would want a WWI or, worse, a WWII AC. Saboteur gives a vague idea at what that'd be like. It might be fun, but AC would lose all it's charm when you provide that type of firepower. No. Thanks

Yeah about that guys. I've been thinking. ....

AC has to got 19th century + at one point. It has to.

Yes, I want the earlier times before that. BC, shortly AC, ancient cultures, etc, etc
But I think we (and the developers) should also think about a system that could make a more modern Assassins Creed possible.
I agree that we should rather concentrate on everything before 19th century, but IMO 1 game later on in the future is not that bad.

1. You will never actually play in a World War, that's obvious. AC is not played on a front-line, but in cities
2. The weapons are way too powerful

But basically they have Watch Dogs now. I know this is kind of like a Modern Day AC, but hear me out.
I actually wouldn't mind an Assassins Creed that is like Watch Dogs, seriously.

Of course it should not be released at the same time as another Watch Dogs game, of course we should visit a lot of other earlier historical eras before, but at one point I want Assassins Creed to invent a good system that combines Stealth, Combat and the ability of the Assassins in a similar way to Watch Dogs and make a 19th/20th century Assassins Creed. Only for 1 game, and then you can go back again for 2 - 3, and then you do 1 game again in 19/20th century.

I am sure it will be fun. What I want them to do is, they should start to think about ways to convey the idea of the Assassins while having a similar weapon/combat system as Watch Dogs.

There are basically 2 eras of combat in the history of the world.
Era 1 is the Sword Era. Combat with all kinds of weapons where you fight really close, melee.
Era 2 is the Gun Era. You fight with long - mid-ranged weapons which are accurate and have a high fire rate.

What we are in, in the last 2 AC games, is the time that merges those 2 eras, the border of the modern era. We have pistols, but they need to be reloaded, which takes a while, and they are not THAT accurate or far ranged.

We had a combat system for all the AC games. Now, I want Ubisoft to sit down and think "if we are to make an 19/20th century AC one day (not this year, not next, maybe even not in 3 - 4 years, but at one point in the series in the distant future), how can we ensure to have a system like Watch Dogs combat, while keeping the Assassin fantasy.

Assassins are present in EVERY era, let's create a concept of how to make combat and Stealth in a time were automated weapons become more and more of a possibility, and beyond that, where automated weapons are used regularly.

This will NEVER be a Call of Duty, I am sure of that 100%. Why?
Turrets and the like are never placed in cities which are not in war. And Assassins Creed games play within cities, not at the frontline. They are stories about people in different major cities fighting for influence, control and power, freedom (involved into the Assassin/Templar plot). Will police have automated weapons? At some point, yes. But the gameplay will never have to go beyond that of a Watch Dogs IMO.

I'd like them to THINK about it. Not plan it yet, not start making a game in that time yet, but THINK about concepts to make it work, because at some point they should do it, and I think at some point - if they only do it for 1 game - it will be a refreshing experience from the usual sword combat.

EDIT: *flameshield up*

andrew_m50
03-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Why didn't I see it before...Comet...Look to the Stars...Tunguska?
Would be cool, but this story was already written in comic.
And we know in AC the Tunguska incident wasn't a meteor/comet but an explosion of the Staff of Eden caused by Nikola Tesla.

Anyway, I also think that the Tunguska Event would deserve a real game along with Nikolai Orelov.

Templar_Az
03-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Why wouldnt she tell the name when everyone knows it already?

LatinaC09
03-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Why do people freak out about guns being in AC??? It's not like it's going to turn into a shooter. Even with the guns they had in the past games, you were still encouraged to go about missions using more stealth. The guns were there but it's not like you could just go blasting through every sequence like call of duty. Part of being an Assassin is "Working in the dark to serve the light". (I think that's the correct phrase). Even if they made a modern AC game, I'm sure guns would be limited.

pacmanate
03-24-2014, 03:05 PM
actually it would make sense. A ton of other things have pointed to a game in Russia.

So? Maybe thats why they said it.

andrew_m50
03-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Assassins are present in EVERY era, let's create a concept of how to make combat and Stealth in a time were automated weapons become more and more of a possibility, and beyond that, where automated weapons are used regularly.

Yes.
People forget that the assassins vs templars conflict exists in NOT ONLY the "sword era" but in every time through the human history including the present as well. Each era has its own technology level, assassins and templars fight with the appropriate weapons. If it's sword than they fight with sword, if it's revolver than with revolver.

Assassin's Creed is not only a game which has to be with or without guns, it is already a famous universe which contains the past, the present and the future as well, each with its own culture, technology and society.

I think this is what the majority of the fans is unable to understand.

ze_topazio
03-24-2014, 03:13 PM
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/vgjunk/zangief0.gif

Dome500
03-24-2014, 03:30 PM
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/vgjunk/zangief0.gif

lolz

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 03:34 PM
not a chance. My brother works for gamestop and he is dying to know what the next AC is just like me lol. Stop with you BS

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 03:38 PM
I think COMET has also something to do with france, heres why. I caught this while playing freedom cry again. Might be something, might be nothing...

A quote from Adewale in freedom cry....

"Mark my words, these scientist of france will command one ship or many when our work here is done" and then "Their sea fleets are necessary and their discoveries will be legendary"
is this what they were talking about when they said that AC Comets clue is in Freedom Cry, but only if you dont pay attention to the liberation part of the game? There are lots of clues pointing to a sea discovery game and possibly another pirates. So im pretty sure AC comet has something to do with exploration.
Maybe AC Unity is land based and AC Comet is Sea Based?? Both France related?

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Why do people freak out about guns being in AC??? It's not like it's going to turn into a shooter. Even with the guns they had in the past games, you were still encouraged to go about missions using more stealth. The guns were there but it's not like you could just go blasting through every sequence like call of duty. Part of being an Assassin is "Working in the dark to serve the light". (I think that's the correct phrase). Even if they made a modern AC game, I'm sure guns would be limited.

Thank you! and you too Dome. It's good to see some people with sense that actually think things out on here instead of just freaking out when swords aren't the only way to go. I literally just layed out this argument in detail at the bottom of page 8 of this thread! A more modern AC would be a huge breath of fresh air if its done like I explain in that post IMO. For the first 20 years of the 20th century I already explained how conventional assassin weapons like swords and tomahawks would still be viable (I mean you have to fight with something when you run out of ammo). The concept of prevalent guns along side Classic AC style stealth and weapons would be amazing in my book.....Anything more modern than 1870ish would have to be done in a way that it is a kind of Hybrid of AC and Splinter cell, people seem to forget about social stealth and blending with people and objects in the city when they accuse AC with guns to be a cover based shooter.

I am still a bit skeptical of anything post WW1 era (so like a stop date of 1920 for me) because I do feel that automatic weapons we see after that time would make it difficult to keep the majority of concepts of an AC game in tact, thus it would become something else entirely.....remember AC isn't Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, or Red Dead.....they can take parts of those to add to the AC experience but it needs to be kept a unique AC experience not an AC version of these games.....get what I mean? Yet I wont say I'm not open to a post 1920 AC but I am very skeptical and don't like the concept of that just now.

However I am a big supporter of covering a period like Nikolai's(1890s-1919ish) as I outlined in some earlier posts. I go more in depth in my last post about how I am confident that particular period could work for AC and provide even more reason to use stealth IMO.

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 04:11 PM
a more modern AC is Splinter cell, Watch dogs and The Division. That's exactly what a modern day assassin is. No guns is AC!!!! Is it more fun to drive a hidden blade through someone's neck or just shoot them in the head?

STDlyMcStudpants
03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
I dont want to believe this...
I want the past gens swan song to be epic...
Thankfully we arent getting Assassins Creed V this year.. BUT I want it to tie into the next gen Unity game in some way whether its a prequel or a tie in/the other side to the same story...
I want connor in the ps3 360 game

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
I mean you have to fight with something when you run out of ammo

You said it yourself, so all you want to do is go through the game shooting your way out of everything, that's not fun and that's not AC

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 04:23 PM
You said it yourself, so all you want to do is go through the game shooting your way out of everything, that's not fun and that's not AC

Well no there would be a melee option no matter what. I was using that wording to emphasize that guns would be limited my ammo before reloads. It would be more of an option/preference to deal with large numbers of guards. It's a matter equipping the gun or not. Have you read my post on page 8? Melee and stealth wouldn't go away. And also splinter cell n other games like that don't have the social stealth aspect where you blend with people and the city around you. In splinter cell you just shoot and sneak your way through bases and such in linear missions that is a cover based shooter

silvermercy
03-24-2014, 04:29 PM
a more modern AC is Splinter cell, Watch dogs and The Division. That's exactly what a modern day assassin is. No guns is AC!!!!

Disagree with bolded. Says who???

Is it more fun to drive a hidden blade through someone's neck or just shoot them in the head?
That sounded a bit creepy, but I suppose it depends on who you ask.

Mr_Shade
03-24-2014, 04:30 PM
:nonchalance:

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Well no there would be a melee option no matter what. I was using that wording to emphasize that guns would be limited my ammo before reloads. It would be more of an option/preference to deal with large numbers of guards. It's a matter equipping the gun or not. Have you read my post on page 8? Melee and stealth wouldn't go away. And also splinter cell n other games like that don't have the social stealth aspect where you blend with people and the city around you. In splinter cell you just shoot and sneak your way through bases and such in linear missions that is a cover based shooter

I didn't read your post on page 8. But I personally don't mind like single fire I just feel like so many ppl are asking for a modern Day AC and itll totally change and wont be fun anymore. AC went from hidden blades, to single fire guns, to 4 guns lol, to shotgun to poss a revolver? whats next a M4? you know what I mean. I like the sword fighting and the ancient settings. More recent stuff would just feel more like saboteur. I just think they should stick to whats working and instead of keep adding more guns every year, make the weapons you already have customizable, that would satisfy MANY ppl. Customizable outfits and weapons would be a great add to AC franchise... don't know why its taking them this long

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Disagree with bolded. Says who???

That sounded a bit creepy, but I suppose it depends on who you ask.

HAHAHA I was thinking that when typing it. I knew someone would comment on it haha

pacmanate
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

:cool:

Goxxi
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM
I think for AC : Comet there is only a 3 options :

1 - The game will be like a prequel to the AC : Unity and will cover the short period beetwen AC3 and AC : Unity.

2 - The will be set after the events of AC4 : Black Flag (beetwen AC4 and AC3) and probably will be set in United Kingdom. (probably London)

3 - Comet , that that could be related with huge Tunguska expolosion in 1908 , and in that case setting would be the Russia.

pacmanate
03-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Comet is obviously set in Space.

VoXngola
03-24-2014, 04:43 PM

;)

I love you Mr_Shade​

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 04:46 PM
I didn't read your post on page 8. But I personally don't mind like single shot guns I just feel like so many ppl are asking for a modern Day AC and itll totally change and wont be fun anymore. AC went from hidden blades, to single fire guns, to 4 guns lol, to shotgun to poss a revolver? whats next a M4? you know what I mean. I like the sword fighting and the ancient settings. More recent stuff would just feel more like saboteur. I just think they should stick to whats working and instead of keep adding more guns every year, make the weapons you already have customizable, that would satisfy MANY ppl. Customizable outfits and weapons would be a great add to AC franchise... don't know why its taking them this long

I understand what you are saying especially with the M4 part that kind of firepower is why I don't support post 1920. But I am comfortable with bolt action rifles with bayonets and a revolver or even a semi auto pistol at the most extreme. That's not unruly. I strongly suggest you read my earlier post it may answer some of your questions and settle some fears. It's a lot more efficient then me re explaining peice by peice. But remember about guns and stealth. Even the US army is trained to not attack a target unless they outnumber the enemy 3/1 1 person can't realistically just to in guns blazing and take out 5 or more guards without getting killed. It can happen and has and those people get medals of honor. For a reason. It's a mercile those people manage to survive that kind of thing
If anything guns would make you blend more and plan your attacks. I'll just run across this street...but wait there's a squad of soldiers over there and I'm slightly notorious Maybe I should take the roof? Group of people are walking that way. I'll just slip in the crowd and walk right in. See what I mean. Not a run and gun shooter. Just a optional mode of combat.

oliacr
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
France and Russia? oh. Just accepted France, but accepting Russia will be harder.

Sushiglutton
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Interesting, I was just thinking about why there haven't been any real leak/rumours for the X360/Ps3 game and here it is. I wonder if it will be inspired by the snowy frontier in AC3. If so I'm really excited, because I loved that type of setting. Maybe we get one city game and one nature game this time (assuming it's set in Siberia somwhere based on Tunguska). That would be a great mix imo.

luckyto
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
First off, no one is "freaking out" about post-1700 games. Or guns. We are just tired of them. I love pizza. But I can't eat pizza every day for years on end. We are looking at five installments of AC in a row with guns ... soon to be 6 with Unity and who knows. Basically seven straight years of guns. Guns and more guns. Guns and European culture. Guns and European culture. Guns and European culture.

It's not freaking out to want to order something beside pizza.

I didn't read your post on page 8. But I personally don't mind like single fire I just feel like so many ppl are asking for a modern Day AC and itll totally change and wont be fun anymore. AC went from hidden blades, to single fire guns, to 4 guns lol, to shotgun to poss a revolver? whats next a M4? you know what I mean. I like the sword fighting and the ancient settings. More recent stuff would just feel more like saboteur. I just think they should stick to whats working and instead of keep adding more guns every year, make the weapons you already have customizable, that would satisfy MANY ppl. Customizable outfits and weapons would be a great add to AC franchise... don't know why its taking them this long

Yes, it's become overkill. I have a ton of games with guns. Why do I need another one?

----
shobbit --- "Dudeski." LOL

----
poptartz is no troll. His friend really heard this. Doesn't make it so, but I believe that they believe it.

Dome500
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Thank you! and you too Dome. It's good to see some people with sense that actually think things out on here instead of just freaking out when swords aren't the only way to go. I literally just layed out this argument in detail at the bottom of page 8 of this thread! A more modern AC would be a huge breath of fresh air if its done like I explain in that post IMO. For the first 20 years of the 20th century I already explained how conventional assassin weapons like swords and tomahawks would still be viable (I mean you have to fight with something when you run out of ammo). The concept of prevalent guns along side Classic AC style stealth and weapons would be amazing in my book.....Anything more modern than 1870ish would have to be done in a way that it is a kind of Hybrid of AC and Splinter cell, people seem to forget about social stealth and blending with people and objects in the city when they accuse AC with guns to be a cover based shooter.

I am still a bit skeptical of anything post WW1 era (so like a stop date of 1920 for me) because I do feel that automatic weapons we see after that time would make it difficult to keep the majority of concepts of an AC game in tact, thus it would become something else entirely.....remember AC isn't Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, or Red Dead.....they can take parts of those to add to the AC experience but it needs to be kept a unique AC experience not an AC version of these games.....get what I mean? Yet I wont say I'm not open to a post 1920 AC but I am very skeptical and don't like the concept of that just now.

However I am a big supporter of covering a period like Nikolai's(1890s-1919ish) as I outlined in some earlier posts. I go more in depth in my last post about how I am confident that particular period could work for AC and provide even more reason to use stealth IMO.

I think even with automated weapons AC will be AC.

1. AC outfits
2. AC Assassin/Templar plot
3. Stealth becomes more important obviously
4. There will be more ways to use Stealth and a bigger population and less soldiers (they are at the front) but more police will also shift the balance and give the Assassin more room to breathe (in comparison with an AC game (just imagined of course) where Soldiers are patrolling with automated weapons).
5. Social Stealth (bigger population = better social Stealth), Line of Sight Stealth (WD, SC), weapon cover-combat (WD, SC) combined with Assassins Creed things like smoke bombs, escaping in the crowd, hiding (much more ways in modern times), running out of combat (AC/WD).
6. More "secret society" feeling
7. Some of the most important scientists of the world were in those times
8. We will get to see a more oppressive, global Templar order and a more spread and guerrilla-style fighting hidden Assassin Order

There are lots of elements that will keep Assassins Creed what it is, if not the open world (since WD shares it) then at least the silent weapons (an Assassin does not have an Assault Rifle) like hidden blades and poison darts, crossbows (yes, still used in modern days, tactical military crossbows of course) and the unique plot combined one of the actual core elements of AC, visiting history (even recent history), will keep the series unique IMO, beyond any doubt.

Of course going into Modern Day (with that I mean really like TODAY or rather THIS YEAR WE LIVE IN) is impossible because the MD protagonist exists there, so he can not "relive" any memories there, and anything too close (less than 50 years before) should also not be touched. But we can go that close IMO, especially since a lot of stuff happened in the last century that was very important for human development.

Also, who says an AC in the 19/20th century has to play in an industrial country? Why not take a third world country, or one with religious conflicts or an oppressive regime? Those often open up a lot of different possibilities.

Anyway, that is my personal opinion.

a more modern AC is Splinter cell, Watch dogs and The Division. That's exactly what a modern day assassin is. No guns is AC!!!! Is it more fun to drive a hidden blade through someone's neck or just shoot them in the head?

No it is NOT.

1. Splinter Cell is a game about a super secret special ops agent and spy working in the moral grey zones and (partially) above the law for the government of the United States of America to protect the country from terrorist and espionage attacks using methods of counter-espionage to prevent political situations from escalating

2. Watch Dogs is about a future where everything and everyone is connected in a totally controlled surveillance state and about a hacker who seeks revenge against those who use the system for their own profit because they have the power and money to do so

3. The Division is a RPG/Shooter game that is about New York after a biological attack and a special Division set in place to try maintaining order in such a crisis

4. Assassins Creed is about the past (yes the past, not the distant past, so basically everything that happened 50 years ago and before) historical events that changed the face of the world, and about 2 secret organizations (T/A) in their struggle for power and influence as they try to reach the same goal through different methods. You are playing as a modern day person who relives the memories of those Assassins and Templars in order to gain your goal, or rather the goal of the secret society you work for (either knowingly or unknowingly).

DIFFERENCE.

The difference is in the details.

Splinter is a Stealth Game, has Missions connected by an overall story arc, it's in the military section and solely based on h2h combat, (limited) climbing and cover-shooting, it plays on topics like terrorism, government agencies, espionage and military special ops.

Watch Dogs has a main story and a lot of side missions, which has Stealth as well as shooting mechanics and the unique concept of hacking. It's an Open World Game that uses the concept of hacking in order to let the player manipulate every piece of and automated system that controls the city, it plays on themes like hacking, surveillance, the misuse of power and consequences for your actions.

The Divison is and RPG/Shooter hybrid with a story evolving around some kind of apocalypse scenario and maintaining public order. Its only cover-shooter based (no Stealth or melee combat) and more of a tactical shooter a la Ghost Recon. It plays on themes like apocalypse, biological terror, secret government sleeper agents, catastrophes and the decay of public order.

Assassins Creed is an open world game that lets you relive histories in complex plots revolving around the Templars and Assassins, two secret organizations in an infinite struggle. AC has and open world main missions, side missions and side activities and uses Stealth mechanics (well, since AC4 at least), Social Stealth and Combat, as well as parkour climbing and naval combat (in some games). It plays on topic like "How do you gain peace?" "Order VS Chaos" "Freedom or Control?", moral grey areas, mind control, influence, power, politics (scarcely, but I hope it gets more), sectret organizations, world history and a lot more.

Sure there are similarities between all of those games. But do you think that stops people from buying all those games if they are interested in them all? Nope. Because they all tell unique story and all have a unique focus on certain aspects. I do not say that AC should be all ablot guns from now on. All I say is that to explore all of history they should think about ways and concepts to include more automated weapons into an AC game in the future.

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 05:18 PM
First off, no one is "freaking out" about post-1700 games. Or guns. We are just tired of them. I love pizza. But I can't eat pizza every day for years on end. We are looking at five installments of AC in a row with guns ... soon to be 6 with Unity and who knows. Basically seven straight years of guns. Guns and more guns. Guns and European culture. Guns and European culture. Guns and European culture.

It's not freaking out to want to order something beside pizza.

Yes, it's become overkill. I have a ton of games with guns.

And your saying there isn't a sh!t load of hack n slash sword games? And your pizza analogy is flawed. It's all still AC so it's all pizza only let's say swords are plain cheese n we added pepperoni with guns. You guys are angry cuz you don't have the same old cheese cuz we tried pepperoni the last to times. And now people are suggesting we try a new topping by being more modern. And there's still a whole bunch of people who are crying cuz they want cheese still. Who are the stubborn closed minded ones here?

And nobody said we should do a more modern setting right back to back and stay with guns. Even if comet were early 1900s. It's not like we can't have the next game be ancient china or Greece or Japan it's all AC just some periods have guns and some dont. So I don't see what the problem is besides the fact that people want their damn cheese pizza and they want it now (insert gif of crying child here)

RzaRecta357
03-24-2014, 05:28 PM
I'd LOVE a Russia game!

luckyto
03-24-2014, 05:34 PM
And your saying there isn't a sh!t load of hack n slash sword games? And your pizza analogy is flawed. It's all still AC so it's all pizza only let's say swords are plain cheese n we added pepperoni with guns. You guys are angry cuz you don't have the same old cheese cuz we tried pepperoni the last to times. And now people are suggesting we try a new topping by being more modern. And there's still a whole bunch of people who are crying cuz they want cheese still. Who are the stubborn closed minded ones here?

And nobody said we should do a more modern setting right back to back and stay with guns. Even if comet were early 1900s. It's not like we can't have the next game be ancient china or Greece or Japan it's all AC just some periods have guns and some dont. So I don't see what the problem is besides the fact that people want their damn cheese pizza and they want it now (insert gif of crying child here)

Who's acting like a child with that response? People merely posted their opinions - that they preferred something different - and for some reason, they are "crying" or "freaking out" or "acting like a child." I think five out of six games with guns (soon to be 7 of 8) is bit on the overkill. It's getting old and tired. Wanting to go back and explore other cultures and older time periods is not unreasonable.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 05:41 PM
They these people need to sit down. Seriously, is this some little baby "me me me" thing? There's already been many Euro Assassin games and will be even more. How greedy one must be to want ONLY AC history games in Europe?

Dome500
03-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Yes, it's become overkill. I have a ton of games with guns.

Sure, but there a lot of games with close combat as well and sword combat.

Try to see it from a franchise perspective. If they make 1 AC game with auto or semi-auto guns, and then they make some further in the past again with combat, what's the big deal? It's still Assassins Creed, but it's a new TAKE on Assassins Creed. And IMO that is not bad. It would add to the arsenal and make the AC franchise bigger, make more possible within the franchise.

I completely agree that too many gun-games in a row are bad, I even agree that after ACU I want a game that is before the 18th century, so that we have more of the old weapons, buildings and style again, can explore a more exotic setting (China, Egypt, everything not NA or EU basically), but I think in the future at one point, having 1 game with a more 19/20th century setting is not that bad IMO. If they would make it and really succeed in creating a good system for the weapon combat and combine it in a good way with AC gameplay, it would open up the horizon of the whole franchise.

Also, that is more of a personal wish, but I'd also like a SciFi-like game one day where you relive memories from the time when the First Civilization existed, and yes, they also had guns (other guns, but guns). But ignore that comment if you read my statement, this was only something I just began to have and idea about in this very moment.

All I'm saying is, an AC in 19/20th century should be possible at some point and they should think about systems to properly realize it.
As long as the story and certain other elements are the same I don't see a problem.

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm not entirely against the European setting, but I think an AC game set in Asia would be a refreshing change.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 05:53 PM
I laughed so hard...

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Who's acting like a child with that response? People merely posted their opinions - that they preferred something different - and for some reason, they are "crying" or "freaking out" or "acting like a child." I think five out of six games with guns (soon to be 7 of 8) is bit on the overkill. It's getting old and tired. Wanting to go back and explore other cultures and older time periods is not unreasonable.

I never said anyone was against going back to a different time or place and jumping from far back settings to more recent ones every 2-3 years it's fine by me. My point I was making is that people shouldn't rule out more recent settings because they just don't like it because it's perfectly doable. I personally am not a fan of ancient settings like Egypt but I would be fine with it because it would be different. But I wouldn't rule out a setting because it has only swords or because it is "too modern" or there is guns. I'm open to any time or place for a setting. I like variety and new features I'm not hung up on a particular flavor of pizza

luckyto
03-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Try to see it from a franchise perspective. If they make 1 AC game with auto or semi-auto guns, and then they make some further in the past again with combat, what's the big deal? It's still Assassins Creed, but it's a new TAKE on Assassins Creed. And IMO that is not bad. It would add to the arsenal and make the AC franchise bigger, make more possible within the franchise.

If it was one game of this and one game of that, no one would be tired of it. :) Me personally, I think both Victorian Paris and Russia will make great games. I also completely sympathize with the opinion that we need a break. These settings are NOT NEW TAKES -- these will feel very familiar. We've explored post-Renaissance European culture just a little too much when you have 3000 years of history and 7 continents to choose from. The words, "Series fatigue", appeared in about every review of the last two AC releases from every critic. And someone certainly isn't unreasonable for wanting a change.

---
Not hung up on a particular flavor of pizza ... just don't want the same flavor and the same food every single time.

poptartz20
03-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Hey everyone letting you guys know I made and edit on the OP so that there is no confusion!

When I talked to her last night, She told me that this is what her SM informed her of! I do not know where he got the info from. He said

"AC RUSSIA IS HAPPENING" and that would be the game on last gen.

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 06:16 PM
If it was one game of this and one game of that, no one would be tired of it. :) Me personally, I think both Victorian Paris and Russia will make great games. I also completely sympathize with the opinion that we need a break. These settings are NOT NEW TAKES -- these will feel very familiar. We've explored post-Renaissance European culture just a little too much when you have 3000 years of history and 7 continents to choose from. The words, "Series fatigue", appeared in about every review of the last two AC releases from every critic. And someone certainly isn't unreasonable for wanting a change.

---
Not hung up on a particular flavor of pizza ... just don't want the same flavor and the same food every single time.

Then we are basically in agreement. I think 1900 Europe or north America would be a different take because of the vast difference between that era and what we've seen. But I do think it's high time we see what Asia has to offer for a game or two. I'd like to see china or India as much as the next guy. And I also wouldn't care what century they set it in either

RagingDragon14
03-24-2014, 06:50 PM
First off, I would rather that AC Comet isn't an exotic setting like Asia or India. I would rather that it wasn't a fan request like Victorian London or Revolutionary Russia either.

Why?

AC Comet is said to be the game coming to last gen, is it not? I wouldn't want to see the settings mentioned above have their potential be wasted by being constrained by the limitations of developing for last gen consoles. As such I would welcome another naval combat based game if it were to mean that China/India/Russia/London would get the next gen treatment next year or the year after that.

However, seeing that we do not have official confirmation of whether or not AC Comet is indeed a last gen/cross gen game, what would you guys say if it too were a next gen exclusive title? For example, what if AC Comet were the codename for next year's Assassin's Creed?

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 07:01 PM
First off, I would rather that AC Comet isn't an exotic setting like Asia or India. I would rather that it wasn't a fan request like Victorian London or Revolutionary Russia either.

Why?

AC Comet is said to be the game coming to last gen, is it not? I wouldn't want to see the settings mentioned above have their potential be wasted by being constrained by the limitations of developing for last gen consoles. As such I would welcome another naval combat based game if it were to mean that China/India/Russia/London would get the next gen treatment next year or the year after that.

However, seeing that we do not have official confirmation of whether or not AC Comet is indeed a last gen/cross gen game, what would you guys say if it too were a next gen exclusive title? For example, what if AC Comet were the codename for next year's Assassin's Creed?

You also have to take into account though that many people still have not upgraded systems and probably we won't see a complete conversion to next gen till the end of next year or the year after. So it would make sense to have an old gen game since it would probably fetch the most money. Also it was probably being developed already before they found out about the specs for the next gen consoles. Just a theory though. Some things to consider

RagingDragon14
03-24-2014, 07:06 PM
You also have to take into account though that many people still have not upgraded systems and probably we won't see a complete conversion to next gen till the end of next year or the year after. So it would make sense to have an old gen game since it would probably fetch the most money. Also it was probably being developed already before they found out about the specs for the next gen consoles. Just a theory though. Some things to consider

Of course, I wholly understand that last gen consoles is still where the money lies for Ubisoft. In fact, I think that this does give Ubisoft the license to experiment a bit with the next gen title. They can release a more conservative, but still refreshing, game as a crossgen game. And they would be free to try something a bit more novel and revolutionary with the next gen title. And if the next gen exclusive title is a smashing success, then it gives people an impetus to upgrade as well.

Dome500
03-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Wanting to go back and explore other cultures and older time periods is not unreasonable.

No it is not unreasonable. And I agree 100% that going back to older times and more exotic "not-yet-seen" locations is the priority at the moment.

But just to say this, I wouldn't count the Ezio games to "games with guns". There were BARELY guns in AC1 - ACR. Only rooftop guards, special enemies and Ezio had some. And they were even less damaging and accurate than the ones in AC3. So I would say AC1 - ACR (4 games) all had their main focus on combat, even AC3 only had 2 guns with 1-fire-shot (being the equivalent of the crossbow or throwing knifes in terms of damage and how you used them).

So I'd say 3 out of 7 (soon to be 4 out of 8) is closer to the truth, even if you COULD count the Ezio games to it hypothetically, but it's not the same IMO.

If it was one game of this and one game of that, no one would be tired of it. Me personally, I think both Victorian Paris and Russia will make great games. I also completely sympathize with the opinion that we need a break. These settings are NOT NEW TAKES -- these will feel very familiar. We've explored post-Renaissance European culture just a little too much when you have 3000 years of history and 7 continents to choose from. The words, "Series fatigue", appeared in about every review of the last two AC releases from every critic. And someone certainly isn't unreasonable for wanting a change.

Absolutely agreed. If you read my posts again I did not contradict this statement in any form :)

Reptilis91
03-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Sorry OP, her store manager is wrong. :/