PDA

View Full Version : Should our future Assassin have a relationship?

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Can one of our assassins finally get a girl? Ezio was the only one who sorta had a relationship, but that lasted for like 5 minutes lol (AC2). Should our future Assassin have a relationship? http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/016/f/7/how_to_fall_for_a_pirate_assassin_by_kejablank-d72gx5u.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 12:16 AM
They all had girls. They're ancestors....

Only one who didn't get a girl on screen was Connor.

And their relationships were as deep as they could get for assassins.

Dome500
03-24-2014, 12:17 AM
Nice picture lol.

I don't know. I think yes. Let him flirt a little. But idk if he should have something serious. Superheroes and Members of secret organizations only have messed up relationships. And the enemies have someone to capture in order to blackmail the protagonist.

I think being good with the ladies, having 1 or 2 conquests or a light-hearted friend(or more ?)-relationship might not be bad for our Assassin, it also helps fleshing out his character in dialogue.

So yes, why not? But nothing THAT serious.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 12:25 AM
No, it's not important. It's irrelevant. it doesn't add anything to the character for me. Romance should be left in Romantic stories. Flirting and sex should be left in B-Hollywood movies. It's not essential and it's immersion breaking "oh hey, my familyz has shust died, let me flirt wit you eh"

AC II had flirting and sex. no Romance.
ACB had flirting, sex and Romance.
ACR had Romance and subtle flirting.
AC III had Romance.
AC IV had a complicated relationship.

I don't see how we "haven't gotten any romance"

Romance sucks, is silly and in the case of Ezio's trilogy, (especially AC II) extremely shoehorned...

Mr.GoodKall
03-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Nice picture lol.

I don't know. I think yes. Let him flirt a little. But idk if he should have something serious. Superheroes and Members of secret organizations only have messed up relationships. And the enemies have someone to capture in order to blackmail the protagonist.

I think being good with the ladies, having 1 or 2 conquests or a light-hearted friend(or more ?)-relationship might not be bad for our Assassin, it also helps fleshing out his character in dialogue.

So yes, why not? But nothing THAT serious.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well. It gives the enemies someone to capture and make things more personal like AC2 when ezios family was murdered. Makes the game more interesting when you have different types of enemies and instead of the same one enemy all the time. Ppl who make things more personal would die more brutally haha

jdowny
03-24-2014, 12:35 AM
I don't know, I thought Brotherhood had one of the most heartfelt love stories I've experienced for a long time with Cristina Vepucci. Granted this was in flashback form and therefore didn't play any part in the main story, which was probably for the best, but it was tragic and powerful to me. It's one of the advantages of the Animus, that stories don't necessarily have to be linear.

So yeah, by all means have a relationship. Just don't let it get in the way of the game.