PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity and Comet

thecodeman715
03-23-2014, 11:11 PM
Yes, ANOTHER thread on the newly announced game. Just my thoughts on a few issues that have arisen, let me know what you think. People are making a huge theory on how Arno might be stuck in between the Templar and Assassin War, not knowing which side to chose. I find it highly doubtful that Ubisoft would go that route two games in a row. All of that based on the color of his robes, the bluish-black combination. I remember reading somewhere that Arno was the leader of the French Assassins, not sure how accurate that is, but it could make sense on the color of his robes, Ezio's Master Assassin robes, and Al Mualim's robes were also dark. All I have to say on Unity.

Comet: I read in an article that some people believe that Comet will also be set in France, so Ubisoft doesn't have to create an entire new setting. It could make sense, Arno's friend is sent on a long term mission, and that is who players would control on 360 and PS3. IMO, if they give us a second setting, I'd like to see Tsarist Russia (Nikolai), Imperial China (Shao Jun) or Occupied India (Arbaaz Mir). I believe those settings would be a HUGE success for the series.

Sushiglutton
03-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Are those ideas based on pure speculation or is there some source (insider, Neogaf)?

guardian_titan
03-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Edward's not as conflicted as he appears in AC4. Read the novel and you find he sides with the Assassins far earlier than the game suggests. Edward's only conflicted in joining the Assassins or staying out of it.

If the second game ends up similar to AC3 and AC3L, then chances are the second setting will be the same era but somewhere else with crossovers (mentions anyway) of the events of the other game. Maybe Unity will only be France and Comet will be England. I wouldn't be surprised to see this be akin to A Tale of Two Cities. I just hope the ending doesn't result in the main character being beheaded. :(

I honestly don't believe Ubisoft will make a game out of a setting they already have a comic for. The comic then becomes pointless because more people will just want the game. So Russia, Egypt, and India aren't likely to happen any time soon. If Shao Jun was going to get a game, she would've been the next one after Ezio and possibly either replaced Connor or (more likely) Aveline just to keep her momentum going from Embers. At this point, if she gets anything, it'll probably just be a comic or novel. But with AC3L's re-release, I suppose anything's possible at this point. :rolleyes:

deskp
03-23-2014, 11:59 PM
I honestly don't believe Ubisoft will make a game out of a setting they already have a comic for. The comic then becomes pointless because more people will just want the game. So Russia, Egypt, and India aren't likely to happen any time soon.

The comic series that includes egypt is not canon, it's published fanfiction....

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 01:15 AM
I honestly don't believe Ubisoft will make a game out of a setting they already have a comic for. The comic then becomes pointless because more people will just want the game. So Russia, Egypt, and India aren't likely to happen any time soon. If Shao Jun was going to get a game, she would've been the next one after Ezio and possibly either replaced Connor or (more likely) Aveline just to keep her momentum going from Embers. At this point, if she gets anything, it'll probably just be a comic or novel. But with AC3L's re-release, I suppose anything's possible at this point. :rolleyes:
But you forget that many people like the plot to The Fall and The Chain, and the other comics, and this is a limited market that IMO serves more to test peoples reactions to more exotic settings. In all reality it would make financial sense for Ubi to make one of these into a game because lets face it just about everyone who read the comics would buy the game as well as people like myself who haven't read them but know the general plot. You would want to experience it as a game. And since some of these have been out for a while I'm sure sales of these comics peter out fairly quick(within two years or so) but if they made a game of it everyone who liked it and then the rest of the AC buyers out there who only follow games and average joe gamer would probably buy it because it already has good reviews as a comic. They would make far more money off of the setting that's already proven good by making a game, and there would already be some free hype out there alreay. Its the same logic that makes comic franchises like Batman, Spiderman, Superman, etc. into movies and Games even if the plot has been covered before in a comic, the vast majority of money in media markets is definitely not in comics I can guarantee. For that reason alone I don't see it as impossible to get a game based on one of these comics.