PDA

View Full Version : Next AC Unity trailer?

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 08:50 PM
When do you guys think we will see the next trailer for AC Unity? Do you think at E3 or somewhere between now and then?

Mr_Shade
03-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Well considering you guys shouldn't have seen that sneak peak yet.. I wouldn't even try to guess ;)

VoXngola
03-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Didn't AC3 and AC4 get gameplay premiere trailers? I think, like you said, between now and then we'll get a gameplay trailer, and even before that the full video of the sneak peek we got friday.

And then a demo at e3. Probably a demo at pax too, but then it would be behind closed doors like always.

oliacr
03-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Around may. We will definitely see one or two before E3.

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Didn't AC3 and AC4 get gameplay premiere trailers? I think, like you said, between now and then we'll get a gameplay trailer, and even before that the full video of the sneak peek we got friday.

And then a demo at e3. Probably a demo at pax too, but then it would be behind closed doors like always.

We will hopefully see a trailer like we did for Black Flag. I think we will see a demo at E3, i'm intruiged to see if the visuals are like the one's in the sneak peak trailer

jayjay275
03-23-2014, 09:01 PM
E3, but I hope for PAX East or even tomorrow. :D

SixKeys
03-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Well considering you guys shouldn't have seen that sneak peak yet.. I wouldn't even try to guess ;)

What do you mean we weren't supposed to see it yet? It's not like it was a leak, it was posted on official Ubi sources.

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Do you guys (including you Mistur Shayd - who also happens to have inside info) think that we will see any interviews tomorrow or this week in general? Like last year's previews when Ubi said "you will have all the info on Monday". Monday would be a historical date too as on the 24th of March Robespierre became in a sense a tyrant (yes I read the exact quote on a website... shameful me).

VoXngola
03-23-2014, 09:06 PM
What do you mean we weren't supposed to see it yet? It's not like it was a leak, it was posted on official Ubi sources.

The "it seems like Abstergo is trying to force our hand!" quote in the video description pretty much explains it. We weren't supposed to see this trailer, but they released it anyway because we got screenshots from kotaku earlier this week.

Mr_Shade
03-23-2014, 09:07 PM

Thought that was clear in the PR released along with the video?

'We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand!'

Ubisoft was trying to keep the game undercover, till it was ready to be announced [which was planed for a few months time] - however the leaks of those bad screenshots - meant we released this very early footage - early - since even at the stage the video is, it's still better looking ;)

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Not in the first 2 weeks I think. looking foreward too it will only make time go slower.

Mr_Shade
Do you guys (including you Mistur Shayd - who also happens to have inside info) think that we will see any interviews tomorrow or this week in general? Like last year's previews when Ubi said "you will have all the info on Monday". Monday would be a historical date too as on the 24th of March Robespierre became in a sense a tyrant (yes I read the exact quote on a website... shameful me).

I personally wouldn't like to guess - this trailer was released early - so we are not ready for more information just yet - though, you never know.. ;)

JCH33T-
E3, but I hope for PAX East or even tomorrow. :D

As much as i'd love something tomorrow, i doubt it haha

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 09:10 PM
I personally wouldn't like to guess - this trailer was released early - so we are not ready for more information just yet - though, you never know.. ;)

You just love seeing everyone wonder

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:15 PM

I would REALLY like to take that last part as a hint but I don't think it was meant as such... BTW what did you mean "it was planned FOR a few months time"? Like, they planned the whole marketing stuff over the course of a few months - meaning it would be a complex and rewarding marketing - or that it was meant to be revealed IN a few months?
Doesn't Ubisoft aim to have as many preorders as possible? Well, seeing as ACIII was the best selling AC to date, and that was revealed in early March, wouldn't it be best if Unity was revealed with official info about it and preorders opening as early as possible? Even if the game wasn't on schedule in development, it could be delayed - we would forgive that (Watch_Doges - yes I wrote it on purpose like that).

Hans684
03-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Thought that was clear in the PR released along with the video?

'We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand!'

Ubisoft was trying to keep the game undercover, till it was ready to be announced [which was planed for a few months time] - however the leaks of those bad screenshots - meant we released this very early footage - early - since even at the stage the video is, it's still better looking ;)

Didn't you say Ubisoft is not gonna announce anything over a few leaks?

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Didn't you say Ubisoft is not gonna announce anything over a few leaks?

Yeah, also that. Why would Ubisoft release even a teeny tiny sneak peek at a game that's meant to be revealed later because of a few raging fans? They've endured before with less important entries than this (next gen and all), why not now?

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Yeah, also that. Why would Ubisoft release even a teeny tiny sneak peek at a game that's meant to be revealed later because of a few raging fans? They've endured before with less important entries than this (next gen and all), why not now?
It was getting worse then a few raging fans, and some ac unity pics leaked too.

Mr_Shade
03-23-2014, 09:23 PM

Those screenshots - were a bad representation of the game - we had some negative feedback from the community over them - and the Dev team wanted you guys to see the game as it really is [at present]

In the past - leaks have happened - but this time they decided to say 'here, see the REAL deal' - so we announced it early to you guys.. ;)

I know many expected an announcement, but it wasn't planed - just to keep you guys on your toes! lol

I'm privy to a lot of information or things are decided very quickly - so I'm not always able to share, however I wouldn't hold your breath for more info just yet..

That was a 'sneak peak' - just to let you guys know, the game IS real - but it looks a lot better than those screenshots ;)

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Those screenshots - were a bad representation of the game - we had some negative feedback from the community over them - and the Dev team wanted you guys to see the game as it really is [at present]

In the past - leaks have happened - but this time they decided to say 'here, see the REAL deal' ;)
;)

I'm privy to a lot of information or things are decided very quickly - so I'm not always able to share
You never share anyway, only tease :p

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:26 PM

In the past - leaks have happened - but this time they decided to say 'here, see the REAL deal' ;)
;)

I'm privy to a lot of information or things are decided very quickly - so I'm not always able to share

Well if at least SOME info isn't revealed soon (this or at latest next week) the few impatient fans will grow to be online mobs (*nudge*). And that last sentence, what are you referring to?

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 09:27 PM
It was getting worse then a few raging fans, and some ac unity pics leaked too.

True, I think they could deal with someone claiming to have seen it on someone's computer whilst on a plane, and people claiming to know the setting. But once those leaked screens came about, that were undeniably legit, they had to release something. Unless the screens were leaked by Ubi themselves, of course

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:29 PM
True, I think they could deal with someone claiming to have seen it on someone's computer whilst on a plane, and people claiming to know the setting. But once those leaked screens came about, that were undeniably legit, they had to release something. Unless the screens were leaked by Ubi themselves, of course
Yeah, but at the leak peak we were getting at least one new leak every day. Wich was getting kinda ridiculous.

Mr_Shade
03-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Well if at least SOME info isn't revealed soon (this or at latest next week) the few impatient fans will grow to be online mobs (*nudge*). And that last sentence, what are you referring to?

haha well good luck in that - as long as you guys are talking about AC - that's all that matters ;)

Last line = I'm covered by NDA - so I'm not able to share everything I know ;)

Anywho - back on topic..

Was funny seeing those fake leaks though.. which I couldn't talk about - since we don't comment on rumours.. so will be interesting to see what is released now.. ;)

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:32 PM
haha well good luck in that - as long as you guys are talking about AC - that's all that matters ;)

OOHH, so that means talking about Unity while Watch_Dogs is yet to release isn't important! That must mean new info WILL come our way soon. I mean the game isn't in early stages so basic stuff about it is shareable.

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Yeah, but at the leak peak we were getting at least one new leak every day. Wich was getting kinda ridiculous.

Yeah, we had the leak of the protagonist at Ubi studios where the image of Edward used to be aswell

oliacr
Was funny seeing those fake leaks though.. which I couldn't talk about - since we don't comment on rumours.. so will be interesting to see what is released now.. ;)

hahahha

DavidPage
But that leak with the guy on the plane was as close to the real deal as possible! Can you comment on that?

Mr_Shade
03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
OOHH, so that means talking about Unity while Watch_Dogs is yet to release isn't important! That must mean new info WILL come our way soon. I mean the game isn't in early stages so basic stuff about it is shareable.

LOL - nothing stopping you guys talking about anything - is there ;)

If you mean - Ubisoft - as I said, ACU - was meant to be announced sometime in the future - so until we announce any more info, you guys will have to wait and see.

But that leak with the guy on the plane was as close to the real deal as possible! Can you comment on that?

nope..
;)

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 09:36 PM

Anywho - back on topic..

I can feel a cinematic reveal trailer similar to Black Flag's soon haha

LatinaC09
03-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Hopefully we'll see a full teaser trailer in the next few weeks but I'm pretty happy with what we got (for now). June needs to get here fast because I'm so pumped to see some gameplay for Unity. Also, IF there's another AC being released this year....I'm hoping that gets a teaser soon.

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Shade I think you actually ARE strongly hinting at a *thing* this week!! I hope...

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Hopefully we'll see a full teaser trailer in the next few weeks but I'm pretty happy with what we got (for now). June needs to get here fast because I'm so pumped to see some gameplay for Unity. Also, IF there's another AC being released this year....I'm hoping that gets a teaser soon.
This, It will be hard marketing a previous gen ac with a tank like Unity coming out the same year.

Mr_Shade
03-23-2014, 09:39 PM
LOL hope all you want..

reading between the lines on my posts - won't get you anywhere - apart from disappointed ;)

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:43 PM
LOL hope all you want..

reading between the lines on my posts - won't get you anywhere - apart from disappointed ;)

Sh!t... But then again that reaction was by reading between the lines so you must have thought of that and basically what you're saying is... OH crap I'm a mess...

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Sh!t... But then again that reaction was by reading between the lines so you must have thought of that and basically what you're saying is... OH crap I'm a mess...

Hahaha

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:46 PM
BTW at what point does someone become a senior member?

Mr.GoodKall
03-23-2014, 09:47 PM
I just came across something. Might be something, might be nothing...

A quote from Adewale in freedom cry....

"Mark my words, these scientist of france will command one ship or many when our work here is done" and then "Their sea fleets are necessary and their discoveries will be legendary"
is this what they were talking about when they said that AC Comets clue is in Freedom Cry, but only if you dont pay attention to the liberation part of the game? There are lots of clues pointing to a sea discovery game and possibly another pirates. So im pretty sure AC comet has something to do with exploration.
Maybe AC Unity is land based and AC Comet is Sea Based?? Both France related?

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:47 PM
BTW at what point does someone become a senior member?
500 posts I think.

deskp
03-23-2014, 09:48 PM
I do wonder if they intended to announce "comet" first.

i assume atleast oen fo the new ac games will be 'revealed in gameinformer. wich would mean start of april or start of may.

DavidPage

"Mark my words, these scientist of france will command one ship or many when our work here is done" and then "Their sea fleets are necessary and their discoveries will be legendary"
is this what they were talking about when they said that AC Comets clue is in Freedom Cry, but only if you dont pay attention to the liberation part of the game? There are lots of clues pointing to a sea discovery game and possibly another pirates. So im pretty sure AC comet has something to do with exploration.

That would be good. Really satisfying for fans (not kidding). Hope it actually turns out like that.

lothario-da-be

You might have found it!

jayjay275
03-23-2014, 09:49 PM
LOL hope all you want..

Maybe you are using reverse pyschology to lower our expectations and then get us dazzled by another trailer. But I wouldn't hold my breathe.

DavidPage
03-23-2014, 09:51 PM
500 posts I think.

I'm close!! Here's to another ~50 that I need!

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 09:52 PM

I'm not sure, sounds possible, though. I'm not sure if Ubi would want the story of Comet to be part of the story of Unity or not... They might want them to be separate.

LionHeart XXII
03-23-2014, 09:54 PM
after hearing what Shade said, and my own expectations as well, I wouldn't expect to hear anything again until E3. People keep referring to the last two games as proof that they always announce stuff in march, but Revelations was revealed at E3 as well. i remember sitting there grinding my teeth waiting to discover what the next game was going to be at that point.

Sushiglutton
03-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Hard to say as Ubi wasn't planning to release anything yet. But now that the cat is out of the box my guess is that they will at least give some interview or something within a couple of weeks. But my guess is as good (probably worse given my recent record lol) as anyones ;)!

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Hard to say as Ubi wasn't planning to release anything yet. But now that the cat is out of the box my guess is that they will at least give some interview or something within a couple of weeks. But my guess is *** good (probably worse given my recent record lol) as anyones ;)!

I think they may wait until E3, because as Shade said they didn't intend to release anything yet. All we know is the setting because of the screens, so now they have showed us that for real, and we know nothing else, they will hold out until E3 or until something else gets leaked before then.

Mr_Shade
03-23-2014, 10:03 PM
who knows… ;)

Just a reminder - watch how fast you post - just had to unban someone.. and I'm finished for the night now.. ;)

Oh and no spamming to hit senior member status.. since that can also be removed :P

Sushiglutton
03-23-2014, 10:04 PM
I think they may wait until E3, because as Shade said they didn't intend to release anything yet. All we know is the setting because of the screens, so now they have showed us that for real, and we know nothing else, they will hold out until E3 or until something else gets leaked before then.

My thinking is that AC is so huge that they usually want to throw their own party pre-E3 and get a special day all to themselves. During E3 there are a tons of trailers, announcements and so on. They will obviously show more gameplay at E3, but I think they want to start the hype train a bit sooner than that.

who knows… ;)

Just a reminder - watch how fast you post - just had to unban someone.. and I'm finished for the night now.. ;)

Oh and no spamming to hit senior member status.. since that can also be removed :P

Yes sir! Good night Shadey :)!

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 10:05 PM
who knows… ;)

Thanks man, just hada mini heart attack. Didn't know you could post max 5 posts in 10 min.

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Hopefully they will release something soon, they may do, just to keep the hype up

jayjay275
03-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks man, just hada mini heart attack. Didn't know you could post max 5 posts in 10 min.

Woops, I better be careful. :S

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Woops, I better be careful. :S
Indeed, the feeling you get when banned just can't be described.

Calvarok
03-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Despite what I hope, the next trailer is going to probably be a CG one. At this point I don't know why they don't just make it with in-engine stuff, like the AC3 reveal trailer.

LionHeart XXII
03-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Another reason I dont think we will get anything else until E3 is to generate that need for assassin's creed again. there have been so much talk about fatigue with the franchise that a well planned break sounds feasible to me. think about it, the buzz around assassin's creed before that teaser was released was huge, even on website like ign and gamespot. So I think the plan all along was to wait for E3 and thus, why I dont think we will hear anything until then from here on out.

VoXngola
03-23-2014, 10:24 PM
If you ask me, we have to wait until the beginning of April. There is a possibility that AC:U gets a cover reveal at gameinformer.

If that doesn't happen, then we can safely assume that we have to wait for E3.

Farlander1991
03-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Despite what I hope, the next trailer is going to probably be a CG one. At this point I don't know why they don't just make it with in-engine stuff, like the AC3 reveal trailer.

If I remember correctly, though, AC3 reveal though was not in-engine - it just used assets directly from the game. A bit of difference.

JCH33T-
03-23-2014, 10:32 PM
I quite liked the ACIV CG trailer. They give some information

Calvarok
03-23-2014, 10:42 PM
If I remember correctly, though, AC3 reveal though was not in-engine - it just used assets directly from the game. A bit of difference.
pretty sure that's what "In Engine" means. It's just using the same assets at a higher quality than they could run in real-time.

Farlander1991
03-23-2014, 10:48 PM
pretty sure that's what "In Engine" means. It's just using the same assets at a higher quality than they could run in real-time.

'In engine' from my experience means just that - in-engine, i.e. real time on real hardware. The alpha footage in the sneak peak trailer is definitely in-engine - you won't get texture stuttering you can see there in a pre-rendered footage.

AC3 reveal trailer was not in-engine - it used game assets but it was pre-rendered and had features unavailable in game (snow physics on branches is the first thing to come to mind)

Consus_E
03-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Kinda wish they had just waited and released the full trailer when it was ready...

Will_Lucky
03-23-2014, 10:57 PM
Kinda wish they had just waited and released the full trailer when it was ready...

Some very rough screenshots were released, best way to counter that is to do exactly what has just been done.

deskp
03-23-2014, 11:04 PM

Because then ubisofr had to make t themselves, the full on cg trailers they have other studios who specialise in that make.

Skelface
03-24-2014, 02:12 AM
More supposed info about the next trailer :

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/844075-Leaks-and-theories-about-future-titles-go-here!?p=9570365&viewfull=1#post9570365

Article written before the Sneak Peek trailer and before the leaked screenshots.

I'm french and I can say you shouldn't consider Gameblog as a reliable source. In fact, it's a garbage site. Oh, they're right about the setting? Yeah, they just copied the NeoGAF leak, plagiarizing is their speciality.

On topic, I'm sure we won't see anything (or just a random teaser picture on Twitter) before E3, Ubisoft still has to market Watch Dogs and it will be stupid to communicate (= releasing trailers) about both games simultaneously. They delayed Watch Dogs to avoid the confrontation the Assassin's Creed IV...

Reptilis91
03-24-2014, 02:46 AM
FYI, last year, Gameblog's editor in chief left... and then joined Ubisoft Montreal. He is certainly the source. Plus, Yoyonoa the blogger, who is known to be mysteriously right on future AC locations, is now part of the team.

I don't like Gameblog either, but for AC, we can trust them.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 06:25 AM
Some very rough screenshots were released, best way to counter that is to do exactly what has just been done.

Yeah, leaked screens were super barren, looked like early PS360 game. They will still have "big" trailer reveal and huge E3 showing, no need to be concerned IMO

souNdwAve89
03-24-2014, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I think the next bit of news will be during E3. Like others stated, Ubisoft has Watch_Dogs still, so they'll definitely promote and market that at the upcoming PAX East convention.

Off topic, but what's wrong with GameBlog? Is it the French equivalent of Kotaku? I personally dislike Kotaku...

Calvarok
03-24-2014, 06:55 AM
'In engine' from my experience means just that - in-engine, i.e. real time on real hardware. The alpha footage in the sneak peak trailer is definitely in-engine - you won't get texture stuttering you can see there in a pre-rendered footage.

AC3 reveal trailer was not in-engine - it used game assets but it was pre-rendered and had features unavailable in game (snow physics on branches is the first thing to come to mind)
I understand that AC3's reveal was not possible in-game, I guess I'm just using the wrong terms to refer to it. Different companies seems to use these terms to mean different things, though.

So whatever, I'd prefer them to do it like AC3's trailer than pay thousands for an external studio to make something not using in-game assets and models. It bugs me every time we see a CG trailer were the Assassin's face is just a rough approximation of what it looks like in-game, not a prettier version of what it actually looks like. Or sometimes it's just completely different. Look at the full-face rendering of Edward from Black Flag's trailer. Makes him look like a stocky dude instead of being as wiry as he is in-game. Or look at the skin-tone on Connor in the CG AC3 trailer.

Farlander1991
03-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Different companies seems to use these terms to mean different things, though.

Yeah, we don't exactly have a set terminology standard so far :/

frodrigues55
03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
More supposed info about the next trailer :

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/844075-Leaks-and-theories-about-future-titles-go-here!?p=9570365&viewfull=1#post9570365

Article written before the Sneak Peek trailer and before the leaked screenshots.

I'm starting to think the CoOp/Connor rumors can be true. It has been mentioned by a lot of the sources that got stuff right, wasn't it? Perharps thats where Unity comes from?

Reptilis91
03-24-2014, 01:13 PM
another place/time remains possible with back and forth.

Interesting.

Locopells
03-24-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm starting to think the CoOp/Connor rumors can be true. It has been mentioned by a lot of the sources that got stuff right, wasn't it? Perharps thats where Unity comes from?

Please no. I've said this elsewhere, but at least only as a separate storyline.

Lefter-Doomer
03-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Fur Pete's sake, just give us a single hint at where Comet is set...

andrew_m50
03-24-2014, 01:51 PM
who knows… ;)

Mr_Shade, and what about a simple but official press release?
I mean, now we all know that Assassin's Creed Unity is official so it's time Ubisoft announced it via press release. :)

Moultonborough
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Mr_Shade, and what about a simple but official press release?
I mean, now we all know that Assassin's Creed Unity is official so it's time Ubisoft announced it via press release. :)

I think a offical "sneak peak" video is as official as it gets. LOL. Anyway, I'm sure at some point a actual Press Release will be sent out.

Mr_Shade
03-24-2014, 04:41 PM
indeed.

I can only suggest people wait for any further updates - however as posted - the Sneak Peek is just that ;)

Kirokill
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Patience is a key of succession. You will get what you want eventually [Useless answer]
But due what I find with the sneak peak mentioning release time, I can tell it will be soon, like middle of may. Or at E3, and I find this not a really long itme.

jayjay275
03-24-2014, 05:19 PM
So if we're to wait to E3, isn't the time for marketing a bit, I don't know, short of time?

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 05:24 PM
So if we're to wait to E3, isn't the time for marketing a bit, I don't know, short of time?

Watch Dogs is out in May, Ubisoft need to throw all of their marketing at that. The Delay of that game has probably set plans back quite a bit so marketing probably said we won't reveal much if anything until after that game has been released so it can have all the attention instead of Assassins Creed taking it away. The leak of the screenshots will have forced their hands somewhat.

And June-November is plenty of time to get a good campaign out their truth be told. Not ideal, but enough.