PDA

View Full Version : Will Arno be another descendant of Desmond?

Radman500
03-23-2014, 06:09 PM
i remember seeing that Desmond has a French assassin that fought in the revolution in his bloodline...i dont remember if it was maternal or paternal side

jesus how many important assassisn does Des have.....you notice that all of Desmond assassin ancestors are usually the cream of the crop , the best of the best of Assassins....he never just has a regular average assassin ancestor...it always has to be the best assassin in that region or something

ze_topazio
03-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Don't you mean ancestor?

Consus_E
03-23-2014, 06:26 PM
You make too many threads...

Also I hope not, I'd prefer a new bloodline now that Desmond has become
Deadmond

Thirsty_panda
03-23-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm actually glad you asked this. I would say so. The problem that I have been having is not with how talented his ancestors are, but rather that they did too much, whilst no other assassin lifted a finger. Its a game play thing though. We want to experience everything so the characters have to be like that; kinda sucks.

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 06:29 PM
I was about to say "yes" but Darby said the next modern day portion was not taking place in Abstergo but somewhere entirely different like Russia. How would they get Desmond's DNA?

Thirsty_panda
03-23-2014, 06:36 PM
I was about to say "yes" but Darby said the next modern day portion was not taking place in Abstergo but somewhere entirely different like Russia. How would they get Desmond's DNA?

In AC Initiates they made a big deal about sneaking a blood sample out of Abstergo Entertainment

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 06:38 PM
In AC Initiates they made a big deal about sneaking a blood sample out of Abstergo Entertainment

Are you freaking kidding me? This is why I hate AC Initiates. They leave out important details from the games. :mad:

Hans684
03-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I hope we one day drop Desmond's linage and move on to another special persons linage.

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 06:40 PM
I hope we one day drop Desmond's linage and move on to another special persons linage.

I don't. I want to see a connecting family tree of all of desmond's ancestors before we fully move on to someone else and never come back.

Thirsty_panda
03-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Are you freaking kidding me? This is why I hate AC Initiates. They leave out important details from the games. :mad:

Just use the the Assassin's creed wikia dude. They keep it updated so you don't have to tinker with whatever Initiates wants you to do.

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 06:42 PM
i remember seeing that Desmond has a French assassin that fought in the revolution in his bloodline...i dont remember if it was maternal or paternal side

jesus how many important assassisn does Des have.....you notice that all of Desmond assassin ancestors are usually the cream of the crop , the best of the best of Assassins....he never just has a regular average assassin ancestor...it always has to be the best assassin in that region or something

Desmond probably comes from a lineage that has the best Assassins that ever lived. :p

I see your point... just have hunch that Arno could be from his maternal side. Maybe Arno is Ezio's descendant, it makes sense because they are both European.

LionHeart XXII
03-23-2014, 06:45 PM
idk, I kinda hope he is a ancestor. I mean, Desmond's bloodline was chosen out of all the other humans in known history by the ones who came before, so imo it makes sense that he would have all of these crazily important ancestors. my only gripe is how they explain the diversity in his bloodline, I mean he has had a syrian, italian, british, and native american as his ancestors...thats a pretty random bunch, not including a possible french ancestors as well

RagingDragon14
03-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Desmond probably comes from a lineage that has the best Assassins that ever lived. :p

I see your point... just have hunch that Arno could be from his maternal side. Maybe Arno is Ezio's descendant, it makes sense because they are both European.

First of all, I'd rather that Arnaud isn't related to Desmond, but rather new modern day protagonist. But hey, have him be descended from Ezio's son, Marcello. :p

Arnaud Auditore, great great great (too many greats) grandson of Ezio Auditore would be an instabuy.

Templar_Az
03-23-2014, 06:48 PM
What I dont get is why Desmonds ancestors cant settle in one place. They move around like every century wtf?

EDIT: Another thought just occured to me, what if Haytham slept with a french woman so Arno is actually Connor's half-brother :O

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Just use the the Assassin's creed wikia dude. They keep it updated so you don't have to tinker with whatever Initiates wants you to do.

Yeah but it's still a hassle to go out of my way to know information to explain possible plot holes instead of the games explaining themselves :(

What I dont get is why Desmonds ancestors cant settle in one place. They move around like every century wtf?

People move around a lot. My ancestors went from israel to spain to puerto rico to america. And that's just within 400-500 years.

Consus_E
03-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Another thought just occured to me, what if Haytham slept with a french woman so Arno is actually Connor's half-brother :O

That's my current theory lol... If so Haytham really should stop having sex for the good of the Templar order, his children keep murdering all of his friends.

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 07:00 PM
That's my current theory lol... If so Haytham really should stop having sex for the good of the Templar order, his children keep murdering all of his friends.

Well according to Forsaken Haytham did sleep around with some maids and waitresses. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
03-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Well I expect Juno will rear her ugly mug again to further her side of the story...and usually she sends a message to Desmond through the ancestor. Desmond is Deadmond but it would of course be relevant to the modern day regardless - how that will play out I don't know. Although I hope I'm wrong the 'divine intervention' trope is rather cringeworthy - AC4 did move away from that though...

Templar_Az
03-23-2014, 07:13 PM

lmfao this was too funny. Rodrigo Borgias son ended up killing him as well so it seems Templars just shouldnt have children.

Will_Lucky
03-23-2014, 07:15 PM
I don't. I want to see a connecting family tree of all of desmond's ancestors before we fully move on to someone else and never come back.

As do I.

souNdwAve89
03-23-2014, 09:43 PM

EDIT: Another thought just occured to me, what if Haytham slept with a french woman so Arno is actually Connor's half-brother :O

I don't think so. Altair and Ezio came from Desmond's mother's side while the Kenway's came from his father's. It's not THAT far fetched.

Dome500
03-23-2014, 11:40 PM
I would say (and hope) no, because no more Desmond means that there is a new protagonist whos story we can experience in Modern Day :D

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 12:05 AM
I would say (and hope) no, because no more Desmond means that there is a new protagonist whos story we can experience in Modern Day :D

Meh, can still be Desmond with the new Protagonist living through his memories.

Dome500
03-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Meh, can still be Desmond with the new Protagonist living through his memories.

Sure, but why can't it be a relative of Desmond? (Cousin or something similar)

That way we get the "Miles-Line", but we have a new character who lives through HIS OWN ancestral memories (more personal IMO) and has his own MD story :)

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 12:28 AM
I don't think so. Altair and Ezio came from Desmond's mother's side while the Kenway's came from his father's. It's not THAT far fetched.
Altair is the only Assassin so far from Desmond's mom side. Ezio and the Kenways are from his dad's

Megas_Doux
03-24-2014, 12:34 AM
It may be Ubi trolling us, as always, but at one of the Abstergo hacked computers toy can see a file of a Desmond ancestor from his mother side being present in the French Revolution.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 12:36 AM
It may be Ubi trolling us, as always, but at one of the Abstergo hacked computers toy can see a file of a Desmond ancestor from his mother side being present in the French Revolution.
Nah, it's most likely not trolling. It's showing the division of Desmond's line in context of Abstergo employees chatting about it.

Megas_Doux
03-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Nah, it's most likely not trolling. It's showing the division of Desmond's line in context of Abstergo employees chatting about it.

Yes, it is that part of "summer of love" that always makes me wonder! Only time will tell.....

HDinHB
03-24-2014, 01:29 AM
Yeah but it's still a hassle to go out of my way to know information to explain possible plot holes instead of the games explaining themselves :(

To be fair, the possible plot hole is one you invented:

We have no idea what's actually in the game itself, or how any plot points will be explained.

Well according to Forsaken Haytham did sleep around with some maids and waitresses. :rolleyes:

Man, I hope I don't have to read all the novels in order to fill in all the plot holes. :p

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 01:29 AM
Yes, it is that part of "summer of love" that always makes me wonder! Only time will tell.....

I think that they are probably all not trolling except for the Summer of Love one. That is definitely a Troll Unless they have a Cold War game up their sleeve dealing with potential nuclear war and Communist uprisings in Central America, Africa, and Asia. (But that I Higgghhhhhly doubt) it would be more like a Splinter Cell Game then not AC. So its hard to say definitively weather it is all trolling or not.

HDinHB
03-24-2014, 01:37 AM

You know that was a riposte to the Simpsons episode? http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Summer_of_Love
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120211063657/simpsons/images/a/a5/Make_Love_not_Stealth_Kills.png
I got to laugh at that joke three times...now four.

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 01:41 AM
You know that was a riposte to the Simpsons episode? http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Summer_of_Love

You do know the Summer of Love was a real thing right? lol and the simpsons have covered everything haven't you watched South Park? "The Simpson already did it" haha

Locopells
03-24-2014, 02:08 AM
Jesus how many important Assassins does Des have.....you notice that all of Desmond Assassin ancestors are usually the cream of the crop , the best of the best of Assassins....he never just has a regular average Assassin ancestor...it always has to be the best Assassin in that region or something

That's partially why he's so significant to TWCB.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 05:58 AM
That's partially why he's so significant to TWCB.
There's important and there's being a direct descendant of 298439343 most important Assassins. It's just getting too convinient at this point

Calvarok
03-24-2014, 07:12 AM
Well desmond is supposed to be special specifically because of all these important assassins he's related to. Considering just how many thousands of people every human is related to, it was a statistical probability that there would be one or more people who were connected to lots of important Assassins.

And then we only focus on the few in his bloodline who WERE important, which makes it feel like every ancestor of his was special. It's not just a coincidence though. His combination of ancestors is why he was the first main character, and his DNA is still important.

I'm sure there's a lot of people in the world who are related to a ridiculous amount of famous people.
When you consider exactly how broad ancestry gets after just a few generations, it's not as unlikely as it seems.

Calvarok
03-24-2014, 07:21 AM
There's important and there's being a direct descendant of 298439343 most important Assassins. It's just getting too convinient at this point
There are 7 billion humans on earth, and you're telling me it's impossible for one of them to be related to, lets say 10 important members of a secret society? Only 20 generations back, which is about 500 years ago, that gives you connections to over a million people. And that's a generous estimate of how long a generation is.

It is not ridiculous that you could pinpoint a person who has a comparatively small amount of relevant ancestors, out billions.

Desmond was picked BECAUSE he was convenient. He was picked by ridiculous future-seeing tech that catalogued and understood his entire ancestry, and then that message was passed into the present where abstergo found it, and then found him. So yes, he's more convenient than a random guy picked off the street, but it's been made clear he's not that. He was an eventuality that came to pass, and he took 70,000 years to come into being.

And after all that he's just the gateway to maybe 10 important people. We've only played as five of them. Haytham, Connor, Ezio, Altair, and Edward. Aveline, Adewale, and Nikolai were all from different people's DNA.

So that's five stories about Desmond's ancestors, and three about other people's. It's not so crazy.

RinoTheBouncer
03-24-2014, 09:13 AM
I hope not. I mean I LOVE Desmond but since they decided to end his trilogy, then start with a new modern day protagonist. Otherwise, it feels like this whole Sample 17 thing is just a way to get rid of the 3rd person character. Not anything story-related.

Templar_Az
03-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Yh I would prefer it to be Desmonds cousin or something like that for a new modern day protganist.

Dome500
03-24-2014, 03:34 PM
I hope not. I mean I LOVE Desmond but since they decided to end his trilogy, then start with a new modern day protagonist. Otherwise, it feels like this whole Sample 17 thing is just a way to get rid of the 3rd person character. Not anything story-related.

This

Although it IS basically the reason why they ended Desmonds story....

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 04:08 PM

1 in 200 living today men are decsended from Genghis Kahn, put that one through your mind for a second.

Just considering the sheer number of people he has as ancestors it isn't outside the realm of possibility. Besides he was one of the few people who could properly wield the Pieces of Eden as a result of his genetics, something not many other people can actually do so its therefore likely he has many ancestors who have been assassins especially as both of his parents are committed order members, and so were likely at least one of their parents

The line is just staggering as to how many he could be related to, the further back it goes the more links.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Is Arno the confirmed name?

Megas_Doux
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
You know that was a riposte to the Simpsons episode?

I know, that is why is still wonder whether that "ancestors thing" in the abstergo facility is true or Ubi just trollling.

GoldyTart
03-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Very likely considering this:

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/insertcoin/files/2013/11/ac2.jpg

Desmond has an ancestor during the French Revolution from his mother's side...

Erindesh24
03-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Can you give a link ?

HDinHB
03-25-2014, 02:01 AM
I know, that is why is still wonder whether that "ancestors thing" in the abstergo facility is true or Ubi just trollling.

Well, Darby McDevitt wrote: http://www.edge-online.com/features/black-flags-red-herrings-assassins-creed-writer-darby-mcdevitt-on-whats-next-for-ubisofts-flagship-series/

ďThe email thread thatís in the game, I wrote that very swiftly in an afternoon but I didnít realise that Kotaku would write like two huge articles about it. What a lot of people donít realise is that the time periods I picked were not necessarily the ones we were considering, it was just me parodying the ones that the fans had asked for back to them. So the fans generated that list, we didnít generate that list.Ē

So, was he trolling in the game or trolling about trolling? Considering we have games from 5/10 of those periods listed, including one after this non-denial denial, I wouldn't be surprised if AC6 came from that list. Or not. :confused:

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 02:15 AM
Well, Darby McDevitt wrote: http://www.edge-online.com/features/black-flags-red-herrings-assassins-creed-writer-darby-mcdevitt-on-whats-next-for-ubisofts-flagship-series/

So, was he trolling in the game or trolling about trolling? Considering we have games from 5/10 of those periods listed, including one after this non-denial denial, I wouldn't be surprised if AC6 came from that list. Or not. :confused:

french revolution 18th century, it is the next one and he says all is trolled ? Dont believe what they saying
anyone has the eden splitter earth 3d map model picture for more possible places ?

HDinHB
03-25-2014, 02:24 AM
The line is just staggering as to how many he could be related to, the further back it goes the more links.

Apparently, Princes William, Harry, and George are descendants of Caterina Sforza through their mother. Maybe that branch is also descended from Ezio...maybe Desmond's distant cousins are the future kings of England? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterina_Sforza#Issue

Locopells
03-25-2014, 12:55 PM
With relation to the OP, I find this on Initiates:

Mitsuko,

Sometimes happy news just falls into your lap. Turns out we just hired someone with a very interesting bloodline. We've only just started looking into Mr. Jones's ancestors, but we've already pulled some good data on a known associate of Edward Kenway, from c.1735.

While it's unclear if it will lead to any new artifacts, at the very least those clowns in Montreal can make a stupid game of it or something. Naturally, I'll keep you updated.

Best,

Damian.

Which suggests that Freedom's Cry doesn't come from Desmond, and that future stuff may not as well.

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Which suggests that Freedom's Cry doesn't come from Desmond, and that future stuff may not as well.

Adewale.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131004121914/assassinscreed/images/b/b9/Adewale_render.png

Desmond:
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/3/30036/1636747-desmond_miles.jpg

You don't say? :p

On a more serious note, is it genetically possible for the black skin to become brighter and whiter if the offspring of a black and white person keeps making offsprings which keep making other offsprings with somebody of as bright skin color as possible? If I remember correctly black skin color is the dominant pigment, but it gets diluted in a mixed birth (from what I've seen kids of black and white parents are usually 'something in between' rather than just like their black parent), wondering if it can keep getting diluted to the point that eventually it gets to a white(whiteish) generation?

Locopells
03-25-2014, 01:23 PM
If there's enough generations, I always thought it was.

cloneofdan
03-25-2014, 01:33 PM
As far as I'm aware, it's perfectly possible for a white couple to give birth to a darker skinned baby (and vice versa?)- there was an item in the UK news about it a few years back.

On topic, it seems certain that we'll be playing another ancestor of Desmond- the "matrimonial line" email references the French revolution, and if you look at the Alpha Trailer, Arno's face (what you can see of it, anyway) is exactly the same as Altair's and Ezio's from their CGI trailers and game covers.

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Freedom Cry ist just a DLC and Liberations is arcade game

the main games 1-4 are ancestors for Desmond

and THat could be the reason that we dont have a number in Unity -> "Arno" is not desmonds Ancestor

well at least, ubisoft tries to change it, because they finished desmond, put 2 standalone games with other chars not in desmonds bloodline
they also go to naval stuff, change assassin outfits without us noticing slowly

well i dont give a damn, just let it be AC and im playin, till now i like any stuff of AC

Dome500
03-25-2014, 03:16 PM
On a more serious note, is it genetically possible for the black skin to become brighter and whiter if the offspring of a black and white person keeps making offsprings which keep making other offsprings with somebody of as bright skin color as possible? If I remember correctly black skin color is the dominant pigment, but it gets diluted in a mixed birth (from what I've seen kids of black and white parents are usually 'something in between' rather than just like their black parent), wondering if it can keep getting diluted to the point that eventually it gets to a white(whiteish) generation?

Yes, it's possible. The gene for the skin color operate under "incomplete dominance", which means - to express it simple - that the genes of father and mother are both mixed. That causes a variety of different human skin colors. There are also genetic mutations, but they are an exception. Basically it depends on the partners throughout the generations of ancestors.

Bastiaen
03-25-2014, 04:11 PM
idk, I kinda hope he is a ancestor. I mean, Desmond's bloodline was chosen out of all the other humans in known history by the ones who came before, so imo it makes sense that he would have all of these crazily important ancestors. my only gripe is how they explain the diversity in his bloodline, I mean he has had a syrian, italian, british, and native american as his ancestors...thats a pretty random bunch, not including a possible french ancestors as well

That's really not strange at all, considering that we are dealing with 1000 years of ancestry. Syrian, Italian, British and Native American, and now French... Not hard to believe in 1000 Years of Ancestry.
For example,
I live in Utah, in the US.
Taking my ancestry (though we'll use the last 2000 years to add a little more diversity), I have ancestors from:

The US (Yes, I'm counting this. Consider that I have English ancestors who's ancestors were Swedish, and yet I consider them English, American is a true Ancestry. One of my ancestors was born in 1630 in the American Colonies)
England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland (Nothing too strange there).
Sweden (Including the royal line, which allows me to trace my ancestry all the way to the next entry)
Ancient Asgard (Denmark. King Godwulf, born 85 AD).
Norway
France
Ancient Rome
Germany

That's just off the top of my head, without referencing my geneology.
So using this particular case study (ME!) we can deduce that a lineage involving only 5 nationalities is really not too strange. The number of ancestors you have doubles with every generation, so it's not at all strange for there to be unexpected surprises, such as Ancient Asgard or Rome. The trouble is finding the records.... oh, if only I had an Animus.

Point being: Ubisoft can take the series ANYWHERE they want, and make that person an ancestor of Desmond, and yes, it will feel incredibly lucky, but we wouldn't be able to remark on the happenstance if it hadn't happened. That's what made Desmond special, after all. The unlikelyhood of the event doesn't negate its having happened.
BOOM!

Wow... That was a serious brag post...

ze_topazio
03-25-2014, 04:24 PM
I have neolithic ancestors.

Bastiaen
03-25-2014, 05:20 PM
I have neolithic ancestors.

LOL ^this

cloneofdan
03-25-2014, 06:16 PM
As it seems more likely than not that we will be playing as another ancestor of Desmond's, surely a more interesting question is WHY are we staying with his ancestors? If the main reason for choosing the protagonists is on ice at Abstergo, why still visit that line? Ubisoft can always make up a new "super skilled Assassin" family tree.

Desmond is dead. That's unquestionable. Ubisoft told us we'd get an epilogue, a goodbye to Desmond, in Black Flag. We did. Desmond's story is done.

Or is it?

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Im descended from Eve

Dome500
03-25-2014, 07:12 PM
As it seems more likely than not that we will be playing as another ancestor of Desmond's, surely a more interesting question is WHY are we staying with his ancestors? If the main reason for choosing the protagonists is on ice at Abstergo, why still visit that line? Ubisoft can always make up a new "super skilled Assassin" family tree.

Desmond is dead. That's unquestionable. Ubisoft told us we'd get an epilogue, a goodbye to Desmond, in Black Flag. We did. Desmond's story is done.

Or is it?

This pretty much. I do really not know why Darby would say that AC4:BF is some kind of "goodbye" to Desmond and then they continue with his DNA. That's ridiculous.

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 07:15 PM
We already have four Assassins not from Desmond's DNA (two in games and two in canonical comics), obviously he's starting to get less exposure so I don't see why his bloodline is still seen as a problem?

alekiratu
03-26-2014, 08:26 AM
I really don't think so.

Apart from Darby McDevitt saying numerous times that BF was a farewell to Desmond and that they don't wangt to be ristricted, There was this:

Different sects have different tailors. Fashion changes over 1000s of yrs. Also, that was a nice symbol for D's ancestors.

https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/447830968876158976

So I'm almost sure Arnaud will not be related to Desmond.

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 08:43 AM
So I'm almost sure Arnaud will not be related to Desmond.
But...Edward had no beak either...

alekiratu
03-26-2014, 09:02 AM
But...Edward had no beak either...

Because the Robes were originally Duncan Walpoles? Edward did not inherit them from his lineage?

Now that I think about it, non-ancestor Assassin's have had hoods too. Darby's tweet though, says pretty clearly that it was a symbol for desmonds ancestors. Maybe he is talking about only main Characters?

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Because the Robes were originally Duncan Walpoles? Edward did not inherit them from his lineage?

Now that I think about it, non-ancestor Assassin's have had hoods too. Darby's tweet though, says pretty clearly that it was a symbol for desmonds ancestors. Maybe he is talking about only main Characters?
Connor's robes were Achilles' and as far as I know, Achilles is not related to Desmond...Edward is a main character

Darby screwed up...

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Or maybe it was just cool to have a beak design for a while but the devs want to vary things up and not be restricted by one visual design decision and it has got nothing to do with lineage, being the protagonist, or an Assassin?

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Or maybe it was just cool to have a beak design for a while but the devs want to vary things up and not be restricted by one visual design decision and it has got nothing to do with lineage, being the protagonist, or an Assassin?
Noooooo, are you crazy?? People need a satisfying reason..did you forget what happened when Darby explained the "sun, your son" thing? hmm? do you want that to happen again? unless the explanation is like I want it to be, it's going to be stupid...

Legendz54
03-26-2014, 09:11 AM
http://b-i.forbesimg.com/insertcoin/files/2013/11/ac2.jpg

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 09:12 AM
Noooooo, are you crazy?? People need a satisfying reason..did you forget what happened when Darby explained the "sun, your son" thing? hmm? do you want that to happen again? unless the explanation is like I want it to be, it's going to be stupid...

This reminds me, why Edward, Haytham and Connor don't have lip scars if they're Desmond's ancestors, huh? HUH? HUH?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! THEMING!!!!!!!! :p

(/sarcasm... just in case for someone)

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 09:14 AM
(/sarcasm... just in case for someone)
I think the smiley helped

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 09:16 AM
I think the smiley helped

Eh, some people here take things too seriously even with a smiley. I don't want to start a discussion about how lip-scars aren't genetically transmitted or that yeah, all Desmond's ancestors should have lip-scars because Altair and Ezio and Desmond have had them, or what if Aveline is part of Desmond's ancestry due to the lip scar, or anything like that.

alekiratu
03-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Connor's robes were Achilles' and as far as I know, Achilles is not related to Desmond...Edward is a main character

Darby screwed up...

oh yeah, good catch

what I meant by main characters was that if a main character has a hood he's related to Des . If not then he is not related. Edward doesn't have one because he stole the robes.

But it looks like Connors robes disprove this theory. Yeah, I think they are making up some of this as they go along.

I still get a feeling from Darbys tweet and other comments that we are moving away from Desmonds ancestors.

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Eh, some people here take things too seriously even with a smiley. I don't want to start a discussion about how lip-scars aren't genetically transmitted or that yeah, all Desmond's ancestors should have lip-scars because Altair and Ezio and Desmond have had them, or what if Aveline is part of Desmond's ancestry due to the lip scar, or anything like that.
Or how everyone should look like Desmond 8D

oh yeah, good catch

what I meant by main characters was that if a main character has a hood he's related to Des . If not then he is not related. Edward doesn't have one because he stole the robes.

But it looks like Connors robes disprove this theory. Yeah, I think they are making up some of this as they go along.
Dammit, Darby you had one job..

Calvarok
03-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Or how everyone should look like Desmond 8D

Dammit, Darby you had one job..
You're all being a little literal... Darby was just saying that having a beaked hood was often used as a symbol of Desmond's ancestors, not that only desmond's ancestors ever wore a beaked hood, or that all of desmond's ancestors stitched their hoods themselves.

As for why Edward had a non-beaked hood, Darby just said that not every sect of assassins at all times had the same fashion style, and that a beaked hood WAS a nice way to reference ancestors. implying it's not mandated now.

I see no contradiction.

It's like a game series where all the main characters wear a t-shirt. This is a way to signify that they're the main character of the game, but other people in the game can still wear t-shirts. and maybe they decide in the 4th game to have the new main character wear a sweater. That's allowed to happen, because we know that human beings are allowed to wear different shirts.

that also highlights how silly this whole exchange would be to someone who doesn't pay close attention to the style of hood each ac character wears.

Farlander1991
03-26-2014, 10:29 AM
M, you need to start using ":p" smiley in your posts more often.

Assassin_M
03-26-2014, 04:51 PM
M, you need to start using ":p" smiley in your posts more often.
Do I have to? D:

raytrek79
06-03-2014, 07:01 PM
The thing that generally makes Desmond and his lineage unique and "cream of the crop" is the Eagle Vision Sense, it makes them far more perceptive and have an edge over normal Assassins.

pacmanate
06-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Having all these ancestors converge to Desmond is sooo dumb.

Why does, as OP says, Desmonds ancestors have the "top" assassin per region? Sure this would make sense, if Desmond was ALIVE.

But hes DEAD. So there is no point continuing the Desmond story.

IMO, give us another modern day protag, don't water them down in the games and give them 1 hour screentime throughout the whole game and make us like the modern day segments. Give them meaning.

raytrek79
06-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Just that Eagle sense is obviously genetic, you have to be descended from people who had it to have a chance to have it yourself, and even then it is very rare that you will. So Desmond is from a long line of people who had it hence he is more likely to be related to "super" Assassins and Templars, and notably his family have been pledges to the Assassin order for hundreds of years also improves his chances of being related to Assassins. Although Ezio is not related to Altair, but both had the sense, they probably have a common ancestor much further back.

DinoSteve1
06-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I thought everyone has the ability to awaken Eagle sense, but there are those who don't need to train there ability, Edward and co falls in this category.

potato180
06-03-2014, 07:49 PM
well id counter this with edward cause he never became a master assassin i dont think and he wasnt necessarily a great assassin he could just fight also since desmond has a very long history of assassin ancestors its very possible that other ancestor assassins could have been mediocre. Take Giovanni auditore for example, hes an ancestor yet it didnt look like he was as good as ezio was at his age. Also the games only shown 4 of desmonds ancestors over a period of about 600 years, and remember the reason they were looked at is because their lives included first civ intrusion. What would have been the point of the assassin teams wasting time looking at lives that had nothing to do with their current problems

also can someone tell me how to put other peoples post in that grey box so i could show it in my post?

king-hailz
06-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Well i really want their to be a new assassin with new ancestors probably galina... however one reason i want it to he desmond is that it will be really cool to see arno and connor meet... how would they know that their decendents will get together one day to make desmond... HOWEVER no assassins will be better than ezio for me because of many reasons amd one is the amazing connection him and desmond had through time... "i heard your name once before desmond, now it lingers in my mind like an image from an old dream" SO AMAZING!!! but anyway i cant wait to see galina and play as her with her AWESOME moves!!!

Also not all of desmonds ancestors are amazing... altair was, ezio was, connor kinda was but edward was not... he was normal... he sure has skills that have passsed down from ezio... but still he isnt a major part of the story... that is why the assassins never told desmond to go back to edward... however another major thing is that AC4 was a goodbye to desmond and now i think they are done with him....

Shahkulu101
06-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Also not all of desmonds ancestors are amazing... altair was, ezio was, connor kinda was but edward was not... he was normal... he sure has skills that have passsed down from ezio... but still he isnt a major part of the story... that is why the assassins never told desmond to go back to edward... however another major thing is that AC4 was a goodbye to desmond and now i think they are done with him....
http://cf.mp-cdn.net/26/ea/8e5e866bb1e8bd7269e2d05d112d-r-u-havin-a-giggle-m8-coz-ill-bash-ur-ead-in-blud.jpg

DinoSteve1
06-03-2014, 08:58 PM

lol wut? some of the things Edward has done were legendary, 1st of all he crippled the Assassins order, then he went on to find the observatory which held the most powerful piece of Eden we have seen yet, the he killed Juno's x-boyfriend who was going around ****ing everyones **** up, then he retrieved the skull, crippled the Templer Order, then returned the piece of Eden to the observatory, these are not things done by ordinary men. Not to mention he lived through the Golden age of piracy and escaped it a very wealthy man.

GunnerGalactico
06-03-2014, 09:09 PM
I hope we have new MD character, Desmond has way too many ancestors.

raytrek79
06-04-2014, 02:32 AM
I thought everyone has the ability to awaken Eagle sense, but there are those who don't need to train there ability, Edward and co falls in this category.

Now I don't know, thanks :confused: That would make sense if it was possible to learn how to do it, but it would be interesting to know the back story on it. I wonder if it is yet another thing we can attribute to the "gods" touch, maybe exposure to POE energy, somehow the gods activate it in certain people (?)

then he went on to find the observatory which held the most powerful piece of Eden we have seen yet

I'd say the Apples are greater than the skull; the skull is a remote viewing device and perhaps a type of GPS locator, the Apples contain a vast library of knowledge and have powers to control people and even fry them. It would be interesting to know if the devices can be linked and used as an all-powerful weapon when combined their abilities.

DinoSteve1
06-04-2014, 03:33 AM
I'd disagree while the apples can inflict great damage we haven't see anything that says it not a localised effect, whereas the skull in the wrong hands could inflict damage on a global scale.

Ureh
06-04-2014, 04:02 AM
Abstergo supposedly had skulls but they chose to use the AoEs instead for their satellite project. So I guess they thought the Apples were more effective.

@raytrek79 I seem to remember Subject 16 claiming in one of his glyph videos that the PoEs were once part of a whole.

raytrek79
06-04-2014, 06:03 AM
I'd disagree while the apples can inflict great damage we haven't see anything that says it not a localised effect, whereas the skull in the wrong hands could inflict damage on a global scale.

So you mean you can not only see people but you can injure or kill them with the skulls also? I don't know much about them.

Abstergo supposedly had skulls but they chose to use the AoEs instead for their satellite project. So I guess they thought the Apples were more effective.

@raytrek79 I seem to remember Subject 16 claiming in one of his glyph videos that the PoEs were once part of a whole.

I'd say they have different purpose for building them, the Apples were about trying to protect Earth from the solar flares, right? Whereas Skulls were for something else?

Ureh
06-04-2014, 07:33 AM
@raytrek79 Not sure if Abstergo was aware that the Apples had that "consensus" power or that their intention was to even save the world from the flare (Desmond, among others, believe that the Templars may've wanted the world to end so that the slate can be wiped clean and then they would step fourth and pretend to be its savior). But from the sound of their emails in AC1 they only wanted to enslave the world after the flare occured. The eye abstergo satellite was meant to amplify the powers of an Apple. Such as finding people (ex: Ezio in ACB predicting Cesare's escape) or good old fashioned indoctrination.

DinoSteve1
06-04-2014, 12:42 PM
So you mean you can not only see people but you can injure or kill them with the skulls also? I don't know much about them.

No what I mean to say is, can you imagine the damage you could do if you could see everyone at anytime you desired and if you could hear your enemies plans and see there location.

AherasSTRG
06-04-2014, 02:56 PM
SPOILERS!!!!

I 'd prefer we stay to Desmond for a game or two. AC1 to AC3 should be the Desmond saga, AC4 to AC6 should be the Deadmond saga and then jump to something else.

Moultonborough
06-05-2014, 11:39 AM
No what I mean to say is, can you imagine the damage you could do if you could see everyone at anytime you desired and if you could hear your enemies plans and see there location.

So (for the most part) exactly what the observatory was created for. And (I forget his name but the Grand Master in ACIV) described relating to kings and queens "no secrets among men".

Anyway, I do think they will include Desmond's bloodline somehow though no idea how or what form. I do think though AC IV was technically was his personal conclusion. His finish came with the phone records Abstergo got and (to me at least) filled in a bit more of his backstory/ personality then we saw in his games. Only time will tell how it will pan out (hopefully in a few days at E3).

raytrek79
06-05-2014, 02:39 PM
@raytrek79 Not sure if Abstergo was aware that the Apples had that "consensus" power or that their intention was to even save the world from the flare (Desmond, among others, believe that the Templars may've wanted the world to end so that the slate can be wiped clean and then they would step fourth and pretend to be its savior). But from the sound of their emails in AC1 they only wanted to enslave the world after the flare occured. The eye abstergo satellite was meant to amplify the powers of an Apple. Such as finding people (ex: Ezio in ACB predicting Cesare's escape) or good old fashioned indoctrination.

Ah yes, I just remember Minerva from 3 saying that the "gods" had technology that could protect them from projectiles (hence the urban legend about Captain Kidd) and before the ancient calamity they were trying to use it to protect the entire Earth but couldn't summon the power, she said given time they may be able to save 1 city but they didn't have that time, and I heard 7 apples were created for this purpose(?) each more powerful than the last. Wait, come to think of it they were saying that if enough people focus on the same thing, like "the Earth is safe" at the same time then it will be, just by the power of suggestion.

Ah yes, I see. Or you could blackmail people of power by knowing their secrets, etc.

RinoTheBouncer
06-05-2014, 03:35 PM
I hope weíll have a new bloodline and therefore a new modern day protagonist that isnít floating iPad. Iím ready to fund such a project if Ubisoft is short on funds or too afraid to spend their money on a flagship title of theirs.

dxsxhxcx
06-05-2014, 03:45 PM
It'll probably be Desmond, if we get another character that means they'll need to expand on this protagonist and it doesn't seem to be their priority right now, MD is just there for the sake of being there..

Ureh
06-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Ah yes, I just remember Minerva from 3 saying that the "gods" had technology that could protect them from projectiles (hence the urban legend about Captain Kidd) and before the ancient calamity they were trying to use it to protect the entire Earth but couldn't summon the power, she said given time they may be able to save 1 city but they didn't have that time, and I heard 7 apples were created for this purpose(?) each more powerful than the last. Wait, come to think of it they were saying that if enough people focus on the same thing, like "the Earth is safe" at the same time then it will be, just by the power of suggestion.

I recall Juno said those things in AC3. But she also claimed that none of them were successful. Not sure what to believe of her.

raytrek79
06-07-2014, 12:05 AM
I recall Juno said those things in AC3. But she also claimed that none of them were successful. Not sure what to believe of her.

That was Juno at the precursor site in kanien'keha? All those gods look alike to me :rolleyes: and very true, she weaves a very elaborate web of deception that one.

Altair1789
09-07-2014, 11:38 PM
The document by Abstergo said that on Desmond's mom's side of the family he was related to AltaÔr, some other people, and a French assassin in the 18th century. So not Ezio

MasterAssasin84
09-07-2014, 11:46 PM

I hope not !

I think we have seen enough of Subjects 17's Ancestors I would like to see a new descendent and subject ? I have often wondered how interesting it would have been to research subject 16's Ancesteral bloodline ?

Obvious Abstergo are going to have his DNA stored in their archives .

Ureh
09-07-2014, 11:51 PM
The document by Abstergo said that on Desmond's mom's side of the family he was related to AltaÔr, some other people, and a French assassin in the 18th century. So not Ezio

The email didn't specifically state that S17's French Revolution ancestor was an Assassin, only that they were around during that period. Who knows...? Maybe Desmond is related to Bonaparte. :p

EmbodyingSeven5
09-08-2014, 01:18 AM
its not. although id rather it was. I think Arno looks allot like desmond Altiar and Ezio. it says on the wiki that both shay and arno will be the third and fourth main characters to not be ancestors of desmond. I made a thread on this already. or it may have been on Shay? IDK

EmbodyingSeven5
09-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Yh I would prefer it to be Desmonds cousin or something like that for a new modern day protganist.

there are theories that desmond had a son. subject sixteen said something about his son in AC Brotherhood

EmbodyingSeven5
09-08-2014, 01:29 AM
woiuldnt it be crazy to play third person as a ten year old or something in the animus. he could suddenly have crazy dark thoughts and become really strong

Hans684
09-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Desmond didn't have a son(at least that he know of) but that was Alternate Reality. Where he had a son and moved to Chicago.