PDA

View Full Version : Ac unity only next gen only

Dragon782013
03-23-2014, 11:39 AM
So AC unity is only for next gen onlyI mean WTF!!!, so people like me r **** out of luck unless I but one but MONEY MONEY MONEY :(

Legendz54
03-23-2014, 11:42 AM
A second AC is also coming out this year for current gen in case you didn't know.

frodrigues55
03-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Well, last gen will be dropped eventually so it was bound to happen at some point. At least there's another AC coming for those who don't have next gen yet. The new gen is waiting for real Next Gen games so it's only logical Ubi would take their prime franchise there first and secure the market, without old gen holding the game back.

Sushiglutton
03-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Well you'll gonna have to eat cake instead.

Farlander1991
03-23-2014, 01:06 PM
This was bound to happen sooner or later.

People want AC to have an open realistic detailed world with dense crowds where everything is controlled by an intricate AI system, but also want it to be done for 10-year old hardware. You can't have both. AC would go next-gen either this year or the next. And sooner is better than later from long-term business perspective.

D.I.D.
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Xbox 360 has been on the market for nine years, and the PS3 for eight years. It's time to buy a new console, or a decent PC.

If they'd waited a year, you'd still be making a thread in 2015 and you'd be just as upset. This news should not be a surprise to you.

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 02:29 PM
AC Unity will also be available on the PC.

Dragon782013
03-23-2014, 02:36 PM
That may be but all those people that get mummy n daddy to buy there stuff are spoilt not everyone can afford the next gen's and your right it was going to happen sooner or later, have u got a next gen??

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 02:38 PM
That may be but all those people that get mummy n daddy to buy there stuff are spoilt not everyone can afford the next gen's and your right it was going to happen sooner or later, have u got a next gen??
AC Unity releases at the end of this year, that is enough time for anyone to save to buy a Xbox One or a PS4 and even upgrade their PC for this game.

Locopells
03-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Hey, I buy all my own stuff...

Dragon782013
03-23-2014, 02:48 PM
I didn't mean you I said all those people that get mummy n daddy

D.I.D.
03-23-2014, 03:02 PM

Oh I see, you're a child.

AherasSTRG
03-23-2014, 03:09 PM
I can understand Dragon in a broader sense. As a University student, life is a bit hard to come by (if that is the expression).
This year, I bought a GTX 760, so that I can play AC4 at PS4 quality at 60 FPS on my GTX 760 / Intel i5 3570 / 8GBs of RAM PC. Of course, this did not happen due to the fact that the game had an obsession to run at 30 frames per second. No optimisation for it to run at higher framerates. I fear my PC won't be able to run the game at console quality (although my PC is theoritically 3 times faster than a PS4), if Ubisoft continues screwing with the PC version.
With that said, I am not willing to give more money this year to play ACU properly. I think, it is the same feeling Dragon has atm.

D.I.D.
03-23-2014, 03:15 PM
That's a different concern. Dragon won't like you simply for having that PC. You might not have the frame rate you'd like, but really you're set (and is the frame rate really going to be any better on PS4?).

The whole reason I still play on PC is because I can't imagine spending the kind of money console players do on their games. On PC, I've got Steam/UPlay/Origin sales, competing digital shops, and sites that just sell the keys for incredibly cheap prices. I look at consoles, and they seem like a luxury market to me. I'm often buying new console games for my nephew's Christmas presents, when I already got them for myself on PC for about 25%-33% of that price.

AherasSTRG
03-23-2014, 03:24 PM
The whole reason I still play on PC is because I can't imagine spending the kind of money console players do on their games. On PC, I've got Steam/UPlay/Origin sales, competing digital shops, and sites that just sell the keys for incredibly cheap prices. I look at consoles, and they seem like a luxury market to me. I'm often buying new console games for my nephew's Christmas presents, when I already got them for myself on PC for about 25%-33% of that price.
That's true. PS3 owners got the normal edition of AC4 for 60 euros, while PC gamers spent the same money for the Skull Edition. A brand new PC game only costs 40 euros, while a brand new PS4/X1 game costs 60 to 70.

As far as the console framerate is concerned, the framerate on my PC will always be higher than the framerate of the PS4. That is why, I hope Ubisoft develops Unity so that it runs at 60 FPS on consoles.

Mr.GoodKall
03-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Everyone knew it was going to be. And im glad it is, because ppl who purchased new gen consoles want a legit next gen game and not a cross gen game. So im glad this AC is next gen only, it means the graphics and gameplay will be much more life-like.

I only hope that "COMET" is not only for 360 and PS3 but cross gen so I can buy it for ps4 and not buy a 360 again just for that game

MasterAssasin84
03-23-2014, 07:50 PM
I can help wondering as to why this is an issue !! i sure as hell would not want to play AC5 on anything other than Next Gen !! the leap has to be made !

Layytez
03-23-2014, 08:01 PM
AC Unity is Liberations for next gen.

deskp
03-23-2014, 09:39 PM
So AC unity is only for next gen onlyI mean WTF!!!, so people like me r **** out of luck unless I but one but MONEY MONEY MONEY :(

Thats like complaining you cant play ac4 on vita. It simply isnt made for that system.

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Lets stick 5 more years with the ps3 untill almost everyone has a ps4, said no dev ever.

Locopells
03-24-2014, 01:58 AM
AC Unity is Liberations for next gen.

Liberation, singular, no plural.

Yeah I know, picky, picky, that's just me!

Dragon782013
03-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Actually Doubleclick I'm 35 renting with kids I have bills n **** to pay for so NO IM NO CHILD U IDIOT, it's harder for people like me to buy n next gen or PC or should I grow a money tree haha

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 10:38 AM
NO IM NO CHILD

Then act like it.

cloneofdan
03-25-2014, 01:41 PM
I, too, am disappointed that AC Unity is only next-gen. Next-gen is still only really taking off, with very few MUST-HAVE games; I would have expected Ubi to keep the cross-gen going for another year at least.

That being said, if current-gen gamers are indeed getting a full-fledged AC game this year, that will tide me over a while, so there's very little to complain about.

Though I am wondering with the hype (all of it fan generated, let's be honest) if I actually WILL look at Unity and say, "Yep, they could never have done that on my PS3." Graphics aside, are we really in for a leap forward in Assassin's Creed AI and crowd density? Time will tell.

Mr.GoodKall
03-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Lets stick 5 more years with the ps3 untill almost everyone has a ps4, said no dev ever.

haha seriously

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 03:38 PM
That being said, if current-gen gamers are indeed getting a full-fledged AC game this year, that will tide me over a while, so there's very little to complain about.

The thing is, next year when last-gen gamers most likely won't be getting anything and there will be only a next-gen AC, people will start complaining 'But there was a last gen game last year! Ubi y u no care about your customers?!?!?!'

mikeyf1999
03-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Actually Doubleclick I'm 35 renting with kids I have bills n **** to pay for so NO IM NO CHILD U IDIOT, it's harder for people like me to buy n next gen or PC or should I grow a money tree haha
See you say your not a child yet you call someone an idiot
Man I'm 14 my parents to but things for me but it's only when I've done something to earn and that could be a year later
You're an adult your supposed to be the mature one (yes there are some who are immature the ones I hate)
Not o sound ignorant but you're an adult PLEASE act like one

cloneofdan
03-25-2014, 06:18 PM
The thing is, next year when last-gen gamers most likely won't be getting anything and there will be only a next-gen AC, people will start complaining 'But there was a last gen game last year! Ubi y u no care about your customers?!?!?!'

Not necessarily. By the time AC6 (or whatever it will be by then!) rolls around next November, next-gen will be 2 years old and well and truly "current" gen. The majority of sensible people (i.e. not utterly stupid internet warriors) will realise this.

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Not necessarily. By the time AC6 (or whatever it will be by then!) rolls around next November, next-gen will be 2 years old and well and truly "current" gen. The majority of sensible people (i.e. not utterly stupid internet warriors) will realise this.

Sensible people aren't complaining now either because they realize that the push to next-gen should happen, and not sensible people will complain no matter what.

Kagurra
03-25-2014, 09:17 PM
I love the fact it's not on last-gen. I don't want games with fantastic potential to be held back. Who cares if someone can't afford it right away? The game isn't going anywhere. Buy it and play it once you can afford a nice PC or PS4/XO. I promise you it's still gonna be there.

Sucks that WD is a bit held back by last-gen, but there's always great promise if there's a sequel. But it makes sense considering it was announced before the new consoles were and what not. Still looks like a great game tho.

RinoTheBouncer
03-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Itís only fair they make a pure next gen. game, using their prime franchise Theyíre also releasing another AC for current gen. consoles so as not to lose fans and everyoneís happy. This year, itís only smart of them to release a true next gen game and thatís because ACIV was a PS3 gen game brought to the PS4, not the other way and there arenít any real next game games so far, except for Infamous: Second Son. So little competition, big franchise = lots of money.

Dragon782013
03-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Oh I see I didn't realise that AC5 or 6 whatever is going to be, is going to be coming next November because the AC frantraise always realise one every year but I heard they are doing one this year to aren't they???

Calvarok
03-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Oh I see I didn't realise that AC5 or 6 whatever is going to be, is going to be coming next November because the AC frantraise always realise one every year but I heard they are doing one this year to aren't they???
This year they're releasing AC Unity, and it's rumored that they're releasing another game that's last gen (ps3/360) at the same time.

So potentially two games, probably both around november of this year.

Dragon782013
03-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Yea to make more money as always but hey The AC/Ubi franchise have got to do what it takes to make money and it's about us the players,