PDA

View Full Version : How excited are you for AC Unity?

Legendz54
03-23-2014, 09:54 AM
In no particular order.. Are you 1,2,3,4 or 5?

1: More excited than I was for Black Flag
2: Not really excited at all
3: AC3 level Hyped
4: Kind of excited
5: More Excited than i Have been for any AC game

I am calling that they know this game is Next gen and people will be curious so they will hype this game up to the max.

http://youtu.be/BVUMPrv8oRw

http://youtu.be/SQng7EkJHOI

Both of them are similar except the Unity trailer MAY be the actual next gen graphics of the game.

oliacr
03-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Not too excited now, but this was the case when Black Flag was announced. The more I see, the more excited I get.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-23-2014, 10:11 AM
2. I'm pretty sure it's well documented by now but just to reiterate: I'm tired of 18th century Europe. The reason I stuck with AC was the idea that the games could visit vastly different time periods and settings... we're on our THIRD 18th century game about primarily European characters and frankly... we have the whole of human history we could explore and we got this.

I would have loved China or heck, anything but 18th century Europe. Even Europe in any time period before the 18th century would have been more pleasant.

There are a few things ACU can do to sway me and make me think it's the best AC ever and in no particular order...

1. Expand upon random events in the vein of Red Dead Redemption (that game is a sandbox/open world masterpiece and more games could do with copying it ESPECIALLY a series like AC which is all about time periods from long ago)
2. Keep the emphasis on parkour and cities. I thought naval was nifty the first few times in AC3 and I quickly got bored of the disjointed and disconnected feel it had to the rest of the game. AC4's naval looks more promising in that it's free roaming rather than brief missions but it's still not a thing I want to do when I want to play AC. To me, the French Rev. wouldn't even need a big naval aspect... most of the best moments were entirely within the nation anyway so...we'll see.
3. An upgrade to the social stealth wouldn't hurt. In fact, it's kinda long overdue.

DualFace
03-23-2014, 10:13 AM
I have zero interest in French history. My excitement lies with when Ubisoft finally gets around to the ancient Egypt/Japan games.

*sigh* I'll eventually get the game regardless---I won't stop the series collection I have so far for that reason.

I'm crossing my fingers something will show up in the game to make it worthwhile.

Legendz54
03-23-2014, 10:27 AM
I cant help but compare this to AC3' s release.. Showing little snippets and hyping everyone up.. I am pretty excited for this one because of all they possible things they can do with the next gen.. Apparently they have created a whole new parkour system for Unity.. I hope they put in new tools and a new combat combat system.

RinoTheBouncer
03-23-2014, 10:37 AM
I’m very excited and very worried as well. I mean I was so hyped for ACIV yet the game came with a reductive modern day segment and a story that most of us didn’t really care about. They said they want to “explore the assassin himself and look at the creed and the order from the outsiders’ point of view” but all I saw was random people named assassins and templars and a story of a guy (whom I liked a lot) who isn’t even an assassin. I really liked Edward as a character but I think he would’ve been better if his game wasn’t an AC game, just a game about some guy named Edward. Because the whole story felt like it’s setting the stage for some huge sequel where he becomes an assassin and does something big. The sequel didn’t happen and the game itself didn’t provide that either.

However, I’m not here to review ACIV. I’m just saying that I hope the story will feel more connected to other AC games and picks up where many loose ends left off before.

rain89c
03-23-2014, 10:39 AM
2. I'm pretty sure it's well documented by now but just to reiterate: I'm tired of 18th century Europe. The reason I stuck with AC was the idea that the games could visit vastly different time periods and settings... we're on our THIRD 18th century game about primarily European characters and frankly... we have the whole of human history we could explore and we got this.

I would have loved China or heck, anything but 18th century Europe. Even Europe in any time period before the 18th century would have been more pleasant.

There are a few things ACU can do to sway me and make me think it's the best AC ever and in no particular order...

I have zero interest in French history. My excitement lies with when Ubisoft finally gets around to the ancient Egypt/Japan games.

*sigh* I'll eventually get the game regardless---I won't stop the series collection I have so far for that reason.

I'm crossing my fingers something will show up in the game to make it worthwhile.

It's about time people started realizing this 4 years late...I've been saying this since AC2 frankly.
Year after year, I and along with many others get disappointed about the exact same reason you guys have mentioned.
AC Unity's trailer looks the same recycled bs Florence, Italy, Acre, etc.
Every year, I've been hoping that this new setting would wow me fresh atmosphere and theme, but no, same s***....
AC3 had big potential with the Mohawks tribes / land / theme, but they did a shiiiiity job with that. >.<

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 10:49 AM
I am not that excited yet, I was more excited for the leaks lol. But I will most likely get excited when they show us some actual gameplay.

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM
4. I'm just curious to know what this new Assassin is all about- what's his backstory and motive.

I would also like to see gameplay footage.

TorQue1988
03-23-2014, 12:01 PM
I haven't been this excited for an AC game since Brotherhood. Very happy with the setting.

oliacr
03-23-2014, 12:03 PM

This. You got it right. I'm tired too but I can't do anything about it. It will be 18th century again. Though they really need to go back. Something between Altair and Ezio, or between Ezio and Edward, Or before Altair. I don't know why they have chosen this... The most of here wants Japan for many years now, and they do a French revolution instead? ... I know the game will be good, perhaps will be better than the previous ones. I just don't like this setting. I wanna go back to the bow and arrows, not towards the automatic guns.

Dev_Anj
03-23-2014, 12:09 PM
It's about time people started realizing this 4 years late...I've been saying this since AC2 frankly.
Year after year, I and along with many others get disappointed about the exact same reason you guys have mentioned.
AC Unity's trailer looks the same recycled bs Florence, Italy, Acre, etc.
Every year, I've been hoping that this new setting would wow me fresh atmosphere and theme, but no, same s***....
AC3 had big potential with the Mohawks tribes / land / theme, but they did a shiiiiity job with that. >.<

Uhh..not at all. Assassin's Creed: Unity's trailer gave off a completely different feeling, one of chaos and somberness. Besides, the buildings looked much larger as well.

From your post history though, I can see that you're a bit of a troll. First by saying that naval combat was one of the most hated features in Assassin's Creed 3 even though many people liked it in Assassin's Creed 3, then you posted something about pirates and assassins not going together, and then you complain about Assassin's Creed not feeling fresh, while dissing Assassin's Creed 4 for its naval mechanics. Like seriously, what?

Better not pay attention to your posts.

Sushiglutton
03-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Very excited about the setting/era! French Revolution has been high up on my wishlist forever. I hope the sense of scale in the trailer represents the actual game. I'm also excited about the potential for interiors if that turns out to be the case.

That said I'm a gameplay guy first and foremost. I always hope that Ubi will get it together and elevate the mechanics, but for the most part I have been disapointed. With all the fancy next gen fireworks I'm a little worried that they haven't had the time to give the gameplay the attention it needs. I actually kind of doubt Ubi is really interested in constructing gameplay which is thoroughly enjoyable for more experienced gamers. Probably not where they make the majority of their money. I can understand it, but it's still disapointing. However every year I hope that this time things will be different, because I'm an optimist like that :).

thewhitestig
03-23-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm gonna ignore the options in the first post and say it in a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being the highest.

Asassin's Creed: Unity - 9
The Division - 9
The Witcher 3 - 9
Watch Dogs - 8
Dragon Age: Inquisition - 8
MIrror's Edge - 8

Thare are much more games that I'm hyped about like a police themed Battlefield, Far Cry 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Mass Effect 4 but considering the fact that we have not seen any gameplay or in-engine footage I'm going to abstain from giving them hype ratings.

VoXngola
03-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Not that hyped. A little more than Black Flag last year.

Hopefully this really is the last game in the 18th Century. Like many people here, I want the series to go further back in time.

We've had the American Revolution and the Golden Age of Piracy, now we are getting the French Revolution. That's more than enough.

Kiroku
03-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Depends on what engine they use and how the AI works.

I dont want to beat down the same AI like in AC1 - Black Flag.
I expect some progress and hope they go for the Story about the Assassin Arno and not fully for the french revo.

egriffin09
03-23-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm just particularly excited about how ubisoft will use the power of the next-gen consoles for AC Unity. Just excited because I think they won't be limited to ideas because of last gen. Haven't been this excited about a city since AC 2. Paris is a pretty epic city, hopefully the game reflects that,

Megas_Doux
03-23-2014, 02:11 PM
I have been lurking in the forums since 2009 and despite the fact the SAME character got THREE games within a historical time span of 35 years, two of them in the SAME country, which is less of the possible 75 years in comprised within AC IV and Unity and geographically, spreading across two continents, the thousands of kms between Habana, Boston and Paris -not mentioning the huge Mayan element present in AC IV- the forum members are complaining way more........

With that being said, I still dont like the outfit, however the setting is, at least theoretically, the best one since AC I. The French Revolution is a very important period in history, and Paris has grandeur landmarks that go, at the time, from Roman Ruins to Baroque including Romanesque and Gothic., my only concern is that it ends up being ACB Rome 2.0.

In terms of everything else, is just futile speculation, we have NOTHING on gameplay and still, we dont know if something seen during May/June/July will make it to the final game.

PD Taking about Japan, even though During Edo its population was almost reaching the million and some of its castles are huge, I find the rest of the city very "flat" and vertically boring:

http://fiuzu.com/static/images/uploads/place-315478-image-file-3.jpg
http://cerrascapes.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/20101030-img_4319.jpg

However I do agree a far east setting is needed, that is why I rather experience China over Japan, 1000%...

FrankieSatt
03-23-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm at a 3 right now. About above average on the "Excited" Level. The trailer looks much better than Black Flag, it looks like it's finally an AC type of game and not another Pirate Ship Simulator.

I'm still cautious but so far so good. I need to know more though.

Locopells
03-23-2014, 02:42 PM
With regards to the OP, it's too early to tell - I'm excited for more AC, sure, but it remains to be seen whether there's anything particular, this time around.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Even though it's 18th century again people are vastly underestimating the draw of Paris. This is one of the most iconic cities in the world, perfect for AC and once again, fresh for high-budget open world games. The game's gonna be extremly fun to play just because of that. Same with London.

Dome500
03-23-2014, 03:15 PM
That'll be 4. for me.

I'm a little bit excited, but it strongly depends on the following things:

1. NO shoehorning of the protagonist into historical events
2. Accuracy in terms of politics, bloodiness and overall French Rev. history
3. Customization options
4. And last but most importantly, an improved Stealth system

AherasSTRG
03-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Number 4 for me, kind of excited. When I first saw the trailer, I was making weird noises, but as time passed, I started thinking that with my PC and Ubisoft's screwing the PC version, I might not be able to enjoy the game, as I want to (like Black Flag).

Dev_Anj
03-23-2014, 03:22 PM
I have been lurking in the forums since 2009 and despite the fact the SAME character got THREE games within a historical time span of 35 years, two of them in the SAME country, which is less of the possible 75 years in comprised within AC IV and Unity and geographically, spreading across two continents, the thousands of kms between Habana, Boston and Paris -not mentioning the huge Mayan element present in AC IV- the forum members are complaining way more........

I know right? It seems that many fans here are hypocritical, going by the responses here.

Also, why is Feudal Japan so popular as a requested setting? Because we would get to control a ninja( and according to what I hear, ninjas didn't really exist at any point of time, they were more or less just shogun doing spy work for various empires)? Honestly, what I've seen of Feudal Japan indicates that it wouldn't be very well suited to parkour and free running. Most of the buildings were small, only about one or two stories tall, and most of them had the same roof design.

I don't understand the fascination with Feudal Japan at all.

LatinaC09
03-23-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm super excited for this game!! I'm more excited for this game than I was for Black Flag simply because I wasn't previously a big fan of pirates (obviously after playing the game I've changed my mind). I'm always excited for a new AC though so I guess I'm not the best person to ask lol.

MasterAssasin84
03-23-2014, 04:11 PM
In a nut shell i am absolutely hyped for this !! i have been wanting the french revolution for a long time and it seem's my prayers have been answered !! for pre alpha gameplay i was mesmerised by the sheer detail of the Streets of Paris I cannot wait to get my hands on the final thing !! i am super excited.

SixKeys
03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
#2. Paris sounds like a cool playground and I'm holding out hope for the England rumor to be true as well. But it all comes down to this being just another expected entry in the franchise. Will they have done any major overhauls to the core pillars? Will there be any true innovations that take advantage of the next gen possibilities? I remain skeptical until we see actual in-game footage.

jayjay275
03-23-2014, 04:31 PM
5. Excited for crowd depth and a revamp to the gameplay mechanics (especially combat).

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
I go to Paris with my school this year, I guess that will make me hyped as f*uck.

oliacr
03-23-2014, 04:34 PM
5. Excited for crowd depth and a revamp to the gameplay mechanics (especially combat).

I'm excited too. And for that free run.

jayjay275
03-23-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm excited too. And for that free run.

Free running better not be clunky anymore. :P

Layytez
03-23-2014, 04:42 PM
If they can recreate that feeling of AC2 with it's historical and modern day story i'll jump out this window naked and sell my PS4 to a homeless man for 2.

Rugterwyper32
03-23-2014, 04:46 PM
4, actually. I'm excited to see what other cities the French Revolution bring us and what changes they'll make to the gameplay. Paris alone should be incredibly fun and frankly I have absolutely no problem with the time period, only thing I'd have preferred regarding French History would have been the Hundred Years' War, but French Rev. is perfectly fine by me. I also wonder if other locations would be involved. Will we explore Alexandria later in the game? Will we see Zurich in some way? That seriously keeps me interested.

frodrigues55
03-23-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm excited in the sense that it seems they are going back to what I miss on AC, even though I have been having fun with them all.

I will hold back mu judgement to see how big of an AC game it really is - if it's just a gap filler or a trully full game.

jayjay275
03-23-2014, 05:05 PM
I believe that this game will focus more on stealth, seeing as how limited the protagonist is to weapons and the outfit blends in well rather than being flashy.

egriffin09
03-23-2014, 05:11 PM
my only concern is that it ends up being ACB Rome 2.0

I actually hope Ubisoft does this, make a map that size. As long as the city is really dense and detailed and lively. Rome only problem was that it was just a perfect size one city map, but it wasn't dense and needed more detail

cmrggamer
03-23-2014, 08:16 PM
I would say I'm pretty excited, considering how little we have seen or know about the game. I'm really curious about our new assassin and I think that next-gen opens up a lot of opportunities to make the environments and experience even more immersive. I guess what I'm really excited about is the potential of this game :)
I can't wait to see and learn more!

Megas_Doux
03-24-2014, 02:41 AM
To answer the poll, 4.

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Unless there's crowds that attack me, a carriage I can ride in, and hidden gunblades, I'm not excited for squat.

Oh and I still want connor cameo and for my character to die in the end via guillotine. :cool:

edit: and how could I forgot the Co-op!? HAS to be co-op.

Layytez
03-24-2014, 03:02 AM
Not that excited.

souNdwAve89
03-24-2014, 03:25 AM
Still too early to judge, so I'm at a 4.