PDA

View Full Version : Does the difficulty level stay the same for each game?

ianpwilliams
03-23-2014, 09:13 AM
I played and loved AC 1 and 2 many years ago, but I never got around to buying the rest, so now I have the Heritage Collection, and I plan on playing all of them, including replaying 1 and 2.

My question is, does the overall difficulty level stay pretty much the same for the rest of the games in the heritage collection after 1 and 2 (and any other games after that)? I'm not great at the combat side of things (as basic as it is), although I did still manage to complete the first two, just (I seem to recall struggling against the final boss in at least one of them, but doing it eventually).

oliacr
03-23-2014, 10:06 AM
In my opinion every game is easier than the previous one. I had the most problems with AC1 in combat, then AC2 and from brotherhood it's very easy. Let alone AC3 that's the best .

ianpwilliams
03-23-2014, 10:14 AM
That's fine by me. I'd rather that than them getting harder and possibly frustrating. That's one of the things that drew me to the games in the first place, the fact that you could do all kinds of things without getting your fingers tied up in knots, for example just having to hold down the A button when running across rooftops and the character does the jumping for you, and the simple but satisfying combat. It allows you to concentrate on enjoying the stories, the characters, the views, the atmosphere, and the overall experience. Very much looking forward to playing these games now.

oliacr
03-23-2014, 12:08 PM
AC 3/4 had the best combat and free run. The previous games dealt with older combat system and free run.

Dome500
03-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Though I personally really wish we would have a difficulty setting (Recruit(Easy/Beginners) - Assassin(Normal) - Master Assassin (Hard/Experts))