PDA

View Full Version : Which one would be better for AC4?

Sahil_Harry
03-23-2014, 06:26 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this kinda question. Yet I have got one :P
I currently have a Intel Core 2 Duo, E7500, 2.93 GHz || 4 GB Ram || Nvidia Geforce GT 610 2 GB DDR3
Now, I need to update my PC, and unfortunately I can only update to a Processor OR a Graphic Card..
So I got a AMD FX 8320 in Mind and a GTX 650 2GB DDR5 on the other hand.
I wanted to know on which of the above would AC4 give me a better performance? 1) Using the same GPU and Ram and just getting a new Processor OR
2) Getting a new GPU and keeping the Ram and Processor same. Your suggestions would be appreciated :3 In case you got something better than those in mind with the same price limit then plzz lemme know! :D Thx

seville57
03-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this kinda question. Yet I have got one :P
I currently have a Intel Core 2 Duo, E7500, 2.93 GHz || 4 GB Ram || Nvidia Geforce GT 610 2 GB DDR3
Now, I need to update my PC, and unfortunately I can only update to a Processor OR a Graphic Card..
I wanted to know on which of the above would AC4 give me a better performance? 1) Using the same GPU and Ram and just getting a new Processor OR
2) Getting a new GPU and keeping the Ram and Processor same. Your suggestions would be appreciated :3 In case you got something better than those in mind with the same price limit then plzz lemme know! :D ThxYou can't use the AMD FX 8320 processor on a Intel motherboard, you need to buy a AMD mohterboard for that CPU.

pittbull4200
03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
2) Getting a new GPU and keeping the Ram and Processor same. Your suggestions would be appreciated :3 In case you got something better than those in mind with the same price limit then plzz lemme know! :D Thx

Stay with Intel no matter what AMD is always a mistake it is junk.

I am running a 7+yr old system fine

Core 2 E8400
4x1gb ddr2
evga 780i ftw MB
evga 660 gtx sc

The game specs are seriously overrated for this game, just to support the partners as most games do so people will buy new hardware, if you were playing BF4 or something you and I would need to fully upgrade systems but for this game not needed save your money for AC5 it may actually require a upgraded system then but doubt it.

andynaruto10
03-23-2014, 07:51 PM
I suggest buying a graphic card, but not GTX 650. I recommend you at least GTX 660 TI or 760. If you have more money, you can get a better one. Like pitbull said, prepare for AC5. GTX 650 is too old.
As for the CPU, you'll need to buy a new motherboard + RAM if yours is DDR2.
So, get a good GPU now, and wait for the new generation of Intel processors (Broadwell) this year.

Sahil_Harry
03-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys :D I got one more thingy in mind, would AMD Sapphire HD 7770 be a good Idea? Or should I stick to the idea of getting GTX 660 ? I mean would it be good enough to run Watch Dogs? Any idea how Watch Dogs would run on Intel C2D and GTX 660?

playlisting
03-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Stay with Intel no matter what AMD is always a mistake it is junk.

I am running a 7+yr old system fine

Core 2 E8400
4x1gb ddr2
evga 780i ftw MB
evga 660 gtx sc

The game specs are seriously overrated for this game, just to support the partners as most games do so people will buy new hardware, if you were playing BF4 or something you and I would need to fully upgrade systems but for this game not needed save your money for AC5 it may actually require a upgraded system then but doubt it.

How is it a 7+ year old system if you're running a GTX 660? The recommended specs for this game are seriously underrated, not overrated. There are people with two 780's struggling to get this game to solid 60 FPS. Also AMD is perfectly fine for anyone looking for a good processor that won't cost a lot.

playlisting
03-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys :D I got one more thingy in mind, would AMD Sapphire HD 7770 be a good Idea? Or should I stick to the idea of getting GTX 660 ? I mean would it be good enough to run Watch Dogs? Any idea how Watch Dogs would run on Intel C2D and GTX 660?

I'd stick with the 660. The HD 7770 is nowhere near the 660 in terms of performance. Also I'd recommend getting a CPU first, then a GPU later down the line. There's no point having a 660 if your CPU is just going to bottleneck it and not let it reach it's full potential. This is the order I recommend you upgrade:

CPU & Motherboard > GPU > RAM

Yeah as someone has also mentioned, you'll need a new motherboard if you're wanting to get an AMD processor instead of Intel. I think you'll need an AM3+ socket but I might be wrong so I'd have a look. You'll need to have them both before you start upgrading because you don't want to fit your AM3+ motherboard to find your current CPU doesn't fit.

Sahil_Harry
03-29-2014, 07:03 PM
I have tried to search on youtube for different gameplays of AC4 on difference systems. It showed that People were able to play AC4 with C2D and GTX 650 at High resolution and High Settings (Off>Low>Medium>High>Very High etc..) Whereas with people having processors like AMD FX 8000 series and GT 610 can run it on only High Resolution and Low settings. Would it be true ? What do you still recommend? And what would be better so that I can atleast run Watch Dogs on high settings? Any System specs in mind to run current gen games on Medium-High settings? Thx for the replies :D

YazX_
03-30-2014, 05:36 PM
I have tried to search on youtube for different gameplays of AC4 on difference systems. It showed that People were able to play AC4 with C2D and GTX 650 at High resolution and High Settings (Off>Low>Medium>High>Very High etc..) Whereas with people having processors like AMD FX 8000 series and GT 610 can run it on only High Resolution and Low settings. Would it be true ? What do you still recommend? And what would be better so that I can atleast run Watch Dogs on high settings? Any System specs in mind to run current gen games on Medium-High settings? Thx for the replies :D

GT 610 is an entry level card that its not even designed for gaming rather than multimedia, so no all are false statements. even C2D with 650 GTX to run game on high settings at high resolutions are also false statements, unless if they mean its 1024 x 768 by saying high resolution.

anyway, there is no short answer for your question, either you upgrade the whole system or let it be the same until you get your budget right, as if you replaced the video card, your CPU will bottleneck it to the ground, and if you changed the CPU only, you will not get any noticeable graphical improvements.

Sahil_Harry
03-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Would AMD FX 8000 Series and 8 Cores , 4 GB RAM, GTX 660 (Non Ti) be a good idea? Or should I get a i5 instead of AMD? Like 4 cores?

YazX_
03-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Would AMD FX 8000 Series and 8 Cores , 4 GB RAM, GTX 660 (Non Ti) be a good idea? Or should I get a i5 instead of AMD? Like 4 cores?

personally, i dont like AMD CPUs because they are power hungry, weak single threaded performance and temps, AC games are ported from consoles and poorly optimized for PC , so it will perform very bad on AMD CPU as it doesnt take advantage of all CPU cores (maybe this would change with next AC and other games designed only for next gen consoles, who knows), that means, AMD CPUs will not perform good on AC games series because it doesnt offer good performance on single threaded applications, on multi cores applications, it performs well.

so to sum it up, AC games series dont use more than 2-2.5 cores in total because they are ported from consoles with no PC optimization, so AMD CPUs will not perform well.

Regarding Watch Dogs, no one knows how well this game is optimized for PC, they stated that it uses new engine designed specifically for this game, if their new engine is similar to Anvil Next engine which AC games are based on, then it would be a poor PC port.

but AMD CPUs are much cheaper than intel, there is nothing wrong in getting AMD CPU but you have to acknowledge the things i posted above. since you mentioned that your budget is tight, if i were you i would get AMD FX 8000 series CPU and spare some cash (instead of getting the i5) to upgrade other parts like install 8 GB of RAM instead of 4. GTX 660 is a mid-range decent video card but i would try to buy it second hand instead of new, it will save more cash and will not lose much if decided to upgrade and throw it away in future.

Sahil_Harry
04-01-2014, 07:56 AM
personally, i dont like AMD CPUs because they are power hungry, weak single threaded performance and temps, AC games are ported from consoles and poorly optimized for PC , so it will perform very bad on AMD CPU as it doesnt take advantage of all CPU cores (maybe this would change with next AC and other games designed only for next gen consoles, who knows), that means, AMD CPUs will not perform good on AC games series because it doesnt offer good performance on single threaded applications, on multi cores applications, it performs well.

so to sum it up, AC games series dont use more than 2-2.5 cores in total because they are ported from consoles with no PC optimization, so AMD CPUs will not perform well.

Regarding Watch Dogs, no one knows how well this game is optimized for PC, they stated that it uses new engine designed specifically for this game, if their new engine is similar to Anvil Next engine which AC games are based on, then it would be a poor PC port.

but AMD CPUs are much cheaper than intel, there is nothing wrong in getting AMD CPU but you have to acknowledge the things i posted above. since you mentioned that your budget is tight, if i were you i would get AMD FX 8000 series CPU and spare some cash (instead of getting the i5) to upgrade other parts like install 8 GB of RAM instead of 4. GTX 660 is a mid-range decent video card but i would try to buy it second hand instead of new, it will save more cash and will not lose much if decided to upgrade and throw it away in future.

Thanks alot bro , that would help me alot in making the decision :P

YazX_
04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks alot bro , that would help me alot in making the decision :P

i just want to make sure that you acknowledge that you need to get those:

1. New motherboard (AMD/Intel Chipset depends on the CPU).
2. New CPU.
3. New RAM
4. New Video Card.

the only thing you can use from your old system is storage, optical drives and power supply (if its good though and supports PCIEx).

Sahil_Harry
04-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Yep ^^