PDA

View Full Version : With AC:U being entirely next-gen will we see the full power of the Anvil Next?

roostersrule2
03-23-2014, 12:52 AM
When we were first shown the Anvil Next with AC3 it looked very promising and touted a multitude of great features, however due to hardware, lack of timing or other reasons most of these features never saw the light of day in both AC3 and AC4. Now with the full power of next-gen at Ubi's hands will we finally see the potential of the Anvil Next?

Features such as Frozen Lakes, worlds changing over time, NCP's being very lively etc. should now be possible with the new hardware. Now AC:U may not even be using the Anvil Next but ever since AC3 it's always seemed like a next gen engine and it's still relatively new. One of the few features of the Anvil Next that did actually make it to AC3 was the 1000's of NCP's on screen at once and with the final shots of the trailer showing exactly this, I'd say we're using the Anvil Next for AC:U.

With AC:U being the next big jump in the franchise, the engine would have gone some major updates as well, so what new and previously promised features do you think we'll see in AC:U?

dxsxhxcx
03-23-2014, 01:02 AM
IMO what gets more in the way of these features that never see the light of day are the yearly releases and the parallel development, I don't think the developers would be so stupid to try something and SHOW it to the world knowing that the limitations the engine might have would make impossible for them to implement certain features.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 01:03 AM
IMO what gets more in the way of these features that never see the light of day are the yearly releases and the parallel development, I don't think the developers would be so stupid to try something and SHOW it to the world if they knew the limitations the engine might have would make impossible for them to implement certain features.
Well, they did it with Watch Dogs lol

dxsxhxcx
03-23-2014, 01:05 AM
Well, they did it with Watch Dogs lol

lol... how exactly? :p

STDlyMcStudpants
03-23-2014, 04:53 AM
No....we will see its potential though