Reptilis91
03-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Connor will be a NPC, I guess.

pacmanate
03-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Good

silvermercy
03-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Yes, we know there's a new assassin and a new era. That's not the theory we've been discussing.

How many threads are you going to start?? (There are so many of your threads now, including one by you that has the exact same topic).

I-Like-Pie45
03-23-2014, 12:39 AM
yes, we know there's a new assassin and a new era. That's not the theory we've been discussing.

How many threads are you going to start??

until hell freezes over

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 12:43 AM
well tbh some people still think Arno = Raton, not just cameo but the main hero lol. There are pics with face comparsions making rounds on the web

Radman500
03-23-2014, 12:46 AM
well tbh some people still think Arno = Raton, not just cameo but the main hero lol. There are pics with face comparsions making rounds on the web
the sneak peek was pre-alpha footage, they were probably just using connor's face as a stand-in while they still work on the character model, which is why they probably didnt show his face

but the blog confirms new assassin so no connor

silvermercy
03-23-2014, 12:49 AM
but the blog confirms new assassin so no connor
that means connor is not the protagonist.

pacmanate
03-23-2014, 12:52 AM

Which is good. I don't care if hes support, but Arno doesnt look like the kind of whipped beetch.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 12:52 AM

TBH, I would advise not getting your hopes up at all. They were very blunt (some people even took it as dismissive) about not continuing Raton's story at all. "We leave it to tumblr" comments and all. Doubt they would largely change ACU just a year before release to include him

Radman500
03-23-2014, 12:53 AM

Connor is now mentor of the Colonial Brotherhood....by the rumours Arno is mentor of the French Brotherhood

i dont think Arno would like Connor coming to France and questioning his judgements..... he might see Connor questioning his decisions...

plus Connor has other things to worry about, back in the states

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Don't believe everything you read..

roostersrule2
03-23-2014, 12:56 AM
Don't believe everything you read..Michael Jackson is still alive?

Seriously though good, he's gone.

He came, he saw, he floundered.

Consus_E
03-23-2014, 01:01 AM
I hope Connor doesn't appear... I liked his character but feel his appearance in France would feel a bit forced TBH Also I have no desire to here Noah Watts attempt a French accent. *shudders

*Edit

Meant to say speaking French not doing an accent. I think having Connor adapting to yet another culture when they have barely even explored his Native roots would be a very strange.

silvermercy
03-23-2014, 01:03 AM
I hope Connor doesn't appear... I liked his character but feel his appearance in France would feel a bit forced TBH Also I have no desire to here Noah Watts attempt a French accent. *shudders
Why would he do that? I don't think this would happen, if true.

roostersrule2
03-23-2014, 01:09 AM
I hope Connor doesn't appear... I liked his character but feel his appearance in France would feel a bit forced TBH Also I have no desire to here Noah Watts attempt a French accent. *shuddersAh what? If he did return he'd have the same voice? Just because he would be in France does not make him French.

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 01:09 AM
Connor will always be half- Native and White...

----------

Point I'm trying to make is, this game has only just been announced and it's still early days and anything could happen. Now I'm not saying that the main protagonist is Connor, but Connor may be mentioned or appear because of what Lafayette told Connor that he'd invite him to France after 1782 - Lafayette told Connor that he's welcome to stay at Lafayette's home while he visits France. So that is still a possibility for the future.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 01:12 AM
Connor will always be half- Native and White...And we got enough White part in AC3 already. There would be basically zero "Native" aspect used in hypothetical ACU french cameo

VoXngola
03-23-2014, 01:13 AM
dammnit radman

roostersrule2
03-23-2014, 01:15 AM
Point I'm trying to make is, this game has only just been announced and it's still early days and anything could happen. Now I'm not saying that the main protagonist is Connor, but Connor may be mentioned or appear because of what Lafayette told Connor that he'd invite him to France after 1782 - Lafayette told Connor that he's welcome to stay at Lafayette's home while he visits France. So that is still a possibility for the future.It's not early days though, the game has been in development for three years already and the story and characters are done first.

The only reason Lafayette told Connor he was welcome was because it gave Ubi a window if they wanted a French game with Condawg, or if he was to feature with a cameo appearance in a French game, at the moment it had no real meaning and will only have meaning if Connor does feature in the game. While he may be in the game, he will be a NPC at the very most, it is very likely he will be mentioned and perhaps more of his story explained but he wont be playable.

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 01:23 AM
And we got enough White part in AC3 already. There would be basically zero "Native" aspect used in hypothetical ACU french cameo
From my perspective our Mohawk tribe culture and heritage represented equally in the themes of AC3, the story was more more sympathetically to our side while being respectful to everything that we had to endure at the time. Ratonhnhaké:ton is the type of person to always has his feet on the ground he's not the type to forget his heritage as it means a lot to him. Even though there would be zero Native American aspect for Connor in ACU, if he were to appear then it might be a quick cameo appearance.

silvermercy
03-23-2014, 01:28 AM
From my perspective our Mohawk tribe culture and heritage represented equally in the themes of AC3, the story was more more sympathetically to our side while being respectful to everything that we had to endure at the time. Ratonhnhaké:ton is the type of person to always has his feet on the ground he's not the type to forget his heritage as it means a lot to him. Even though there would be zero Native American aspect for Connor in ACU, if he were to appear then it might be a quick cameo appearance.

Agreed. I think his native side was represented very adequately, and I'm glad you think so, too, as a Mohawk. :) And of course he had some "white side" shown, too. He's half-white after all and, subsequently, there would be a natural connection.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 01:32 AM
From my perspective our Mohawk tribe culture and heritage represented equally in the themes of AC3, the story was more more sympathetically to our side while being respectful to everything that we had to endure at the time. Ratonhnhaké:ton is the type of person to always has his feet on the ground he's not the type to forget his heritage as it means a lot to him. Even though there would be zero Native American aspect for Connor in ACU, if he were to appear then it might be a quick cameo appearance.I'm not saying it was misrepresented, wrong or offensive portrayal, not at all. What was there was respectful etc. My point is that it got significantly overhshadowed by the "white" side. Excluding Tyranny, there are literally only 3 Native characters in the entire game with any significance and interaction with Raton. And they don't even have much scenes. In the same way we are very breifly in Raton's village or among other Native settlements, there's no gameplay there sans few short linerar main missions. Raton spends hours and hours sorrounded by "Euro colonies" settings, characters & events, little when it comes to Natives. There are THIRTY Homestead side missions, none concerning any Native character. Not to even mention the fact that we play as Haytham for 1/3 of the game, and the last third of the game is just 1 American Revolution set piece after another. Tyranny episodes were much stronger in bringing his Native background. Episode 1 is obvious but even in Episodes 2 & 3 the Native aspect & characters still played big parts.

silvermercy
03-23-2014, 01:37 AM
I'm not saying it was misrepresented, wrong or offensive portrayal, not at all. What was there was respectful etc. My point is that it got significantly overhshadowed by the "white" side. Excluding Tyranny, there are literally only 3 Native characters in the entire game with any significance and interaction with Raton. And they don't even have much scenes. In the same way we are very breifly in Raton's village or among other Native settlements, there's no gameplay there sans few short linerar main missions. Raton spends hours and hours sorrounded by "Euro colonies" settings, characters & events, little when it comes to Natives. There are THIRTY Homestead side missions, none concerning any Native character. Not to even mention the fact that we play as Haytham for 1/3 of the game, and the last third of the game is just 1 American Revolution set piece after another. Tyranny episodes were much stronger in bringing his Native background. Episode 1 is obvious but even in Episodes 2 & 3 the Native aspect & characters still played big parts.
Well he IS half-white and the game was about American Revolution, hence, a lot of patriots/colonists/famous historical figures.

Sure, I would have liked a smaller Haytham part (even though I liked him) by having a few more native scenes.

Consus_E
03-23-2014, 01:39 AM
He barely interacts with his tribe in AC3... He was too busy watching white people sign the Declaration of Independence, making chairs, and hunting down pages from an Almanac (which is weird considering that this task was give to Haytham and yet Connor is obliged to do it)...

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 01:42 AM
Well he IS half-white and the game was about American Revolution, hence, a lot of patriots/colonists/famous historical figures.

Sure, I would have liked a smaller Haytham part (even though I liked him) by having a few more native scenes.Then they should make it HALF, not 1/3 or 1/4 ot 1/5. And the American Revolution was suppoused to be from Native perspective, it's how they wanted to make it an original/unique portrayal compared to countless standard American Rev films, books & shows that are already there.

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 01:51 AM
It's not early days though, the game has been in development for three years already and the story and characters are done first.
You missed the point, it's early days for us to know info on this game, just give it time.

Agreed. I think his native side was represented very adequately, and I'm glad you think so, too, as a Mohawk. :) And of course he had some "white side" shown, too. He's half-white after all and, subsequently, there would be a natural connection.
I'm glad you agree, and I agree with what you said here. :)

Niawen'kó:wa <3

I'm not saying it was misrepresented, wrong or offensive portrayal, not at all. What was there was respectful etc. My point is that it got significantly overhshadowed by the "white" side. Excluding Tyranny, there are literally only 3 Native characters in the entire game with any significance and interaction with Raton. And they don't even have much scenes. In the same way we are very breifly spending time in Raton's village or among other Native settlements, there's no gameplay there or anything like that. Raton spends hours and hours sorrounded by "Euro colonies" settings, characters & events, little when it comes to Natives. There are THIRTY Homestead side missions, none concerning any Native character. Not to even mention the fact that we play as Haytham for 1/3 of the game, and the last third of the game is just 1 American Revolution set piece after another. Tyranny episodes were much stronger in bringing his Native background. Episode 1 is obvious but even in Episodes 2 & 3 the Native aspect & characters still played big parts.
I know you weren't saying that, I just wanted to mention that because I appreciated the respectful portrayal of our culture and heritage. I understand what you mean, I also would have liked a more prominent empathises on our culture, for most of fans might not be interested in. Niá:wen I appreciate that you would have liked to see more interactive story with our culture in the game. I have to agree with you on that aspect, it would have been nice to have some homestead style missions in Kanien'kehá:ka we did have a few missions where we defended Connor's village. I just see that during the AC3 game even though Ratonhnhaké:ton left the village, Kanien'kehá:ka was never too far away from his heart.

silvermercy
03-23-2014, 01:53 AM
Then they should make it HALF, not 1/3 or 1/4 ot 1/5. And the American Revolution was suppoused to be from Native perspective, it's how they wanted to make it an original/unique portrayal compared to countless standard American Rev films, books & shows that are already there.
Well, yes, they didn't get the balance with the scenes right in the first place imo, but I don't think they had a measuring stick to do that...

If you're going to make this supposed imbalance a thing about race though, I'm so NOT gonna go there. Sorry, ending the discussion here.

Will_Lucky
03-23-2014, 01:53 AM
Oh yes, he is new alright. A new name and language lessons from Lafayette. He will look new I assure you.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 02:02 AM
If you're going to make this supposed imbalance a thing about race though, I'm so NOT gonna go there. Sorry, ending the discussion here.Again, I'm not saying anything like "thy just racist and tried to white-wash him!!!11". But if you're going for a character from a quite radically different culture/background, then it simply looks to me like a design waste to not to "utilize" it to full extenct. Heck, considering that he was raised in this culture and his 'white' part was equivalent to absent father, perhaps it should've been the dominant side in the portrayal. But even 50/50 "half" would be good, but it wasn't. It is as if they made next Assassin be from Feudal Japan but the European-relations part took majority of the screentime and characters.

Black_Widow9
03-23-2014, 02:12 AM
How about using your original thread?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863107-Connor-supporting-character-cameo-theory-destroyed

They can have dreams if they want too. :p

Topic Closed