PDA

View Full Version : Will the Napoleonic Wars be covered in ACU?

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 10:00 PM
We already know ACU is French revolution from the guillotine in the trailer so I would say 1789 is near our start point, but how far does the timeline go? Will we only see the French Revolution? or will we go until 1815? To cover both the Rev and Napoleonic Wars is about 26 years plus. We already have had spans that long in AC2 and AC3. The Napoleonic Wars would definitely add an international feel to the game maybe incorporating London, Moscow, Berlin, Cairo, into the series, or figures like Horatio Nelson, Tsar of Russia, Napoleon, King George, Carl von Clausewitz, and many others. Not to mention since The US naval war with France, and the US war of 1812 tie into the Napoleonic wars we may get an appearance from connor and finish his story either at sea or at The Battle of New Orleans, or the siege of Baltimore? Perhaps 1812 may even be this ACcomet? I mean Look at the Stars? Star Spangled Banner was written in the war of 1812, and "The Rockets Red Glare"? could this be what comet refers to? A Congreve Rocket would look something like a comet?

Do you think this is something we could see in ACU or are they going to wait to see how successful the game is and if it goes well and the new Arno guy is liked they would make the Napoleonic Wars as a sequel? since the Rev flows right into it. DLC maybe?

What do we think about Napoleonic Wars being in AC? or even the 1812 comet theory I just made up while writing this haha

Sushiglutton
03-22-2014, 10:09 PM
I doubt it as it is such a massive event in it's own right. I think it will be the revolution + La Terreur. Also AC in't really a war franchise in terms of gameplay mechanics. Much more suited for sneaking in a city than touring around Europe with Napoleon.

Just my two cents.

Rugterwyper32
03-22-2014, 10:11 PM
I highly doubt we'll get the Napoleonic Wars. As mentioned in another topic, I doubt we'll move much further than the War of the Second Coalition. If anything I think we COULD see Alexandria as a city location much later in the game, but overall I think we'll be sticking around France, Switzerland at most.

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 10:15 PM
I doubt it as it is such a massive event in it's own right. I think it will be the revolution + La Terreur. Also AC in't really a war franchise in terms of gameplay mechanics. Much more suited for sneaking in a city than touring around Europe with Napoleon.

Just my two cents.
Well you wouldn't bee IN the war at all times and FYI AC1=Crusades, AC2,ACB=Papal Wars of Italian Unification, ACR=Ottoman Civil War(Princes were waging war on eachother remember), AC3=American Revolution, AC4 is the only one that doesn't cover a war actually, unless you consider the Crown's attacks on Nassau and pursuits of Pirates to be a type of war then yes it is one. So technically AC is a war franchise, its just in some games it is farther in the background than others, and in a Napoleonic game you would spend more time in Major cities than on actual battlefields, maybe only around for important ones like Waterloo, or Trafalgar for example.

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 10:17 PM
I highly doubt we'll get the Napoleonic Wars. As mentioned in another topic, I doubt we'll move much further than the War of the Second Coalition. If anything I think we COULD see Alexandria as a city location much later in the game, but overall I think we'll be sticking around France, Switzerland at most.

I agree I highly doubt we will get Napoleonic Wars in ACU, but I have a feeling its in their back pocket for a sequel if this is popular.

ze_topazio
03-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Give me the peninsular war and I can die a happy man.

Rugterwyper32
03-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Give me the peninsular war and I can die a happy man.

Same here, my friend.
Same here.

Will_Lucky
03-22-2014, 10:34 PM
It would be difficult I imagine, its a lot of history to cover from 1789-1815. They would need another game or two to cover it all really and hey that might be very well what they have in mind. But I'd love to see Alexandria as well when Napoleon was invading, not too sure that'd be popular though.

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 11:10 PM
It would be difficult I imagine, its a lot of history to cover from 1789-1815. They would need another game or two to cover it all really and hey that might be very well what they have in mind. But I'd love to see Alexandria as well when Napoleon was invading, not too sure that'd be popular though.

I think your right it's up their sleeve. They prob have a different setting for next year so they can work on an ACU sequel if it's successful. I actually had ideas for what a French Rev trilogy would look like in my first ever post on these forums I even included Egypt and Italy for the second game. Check that out n let me know what u think.

roostersrule2
03-22-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't think they'll be covered, and I really hope we do't get another French Revolution game, 4 or 5 games (depending on the current gen AC) in one century is too much.

padaE
03-22-2014, 11:42 PM
I'd like that, but I'd say it's very unlikely. Too ambitious.

D.I.D.
03-23-2014, 12:09 AM
If they finally sort out naval multiplayer, it'd make a hell of a MP mode

Reptilis91
03-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Napoleon probably found his PoE in Egypt, so maybe we'll be here during the French campaign? (Alexandria and Cairo)

Also I would love to see the First Empire, but it's colossal, too much for a single game... If it goes up to 1815, many things will inevitably be missing.

DumbGamerTag94
03-23-2014, 12:46 AM
I don't think they'll be covered, and I really hope we do't get another French Revolution game, 4 or 5 games (depending on the current gen AC) in one century is too much.

The napoleonic wars were the 19th century not the 18th and were like 40 years after the end of the revolution style culture military uniforms and many other things had changed etc and it's a way bigger world event than the American revolution in AC3. And as long as another game or two in the same story arc like ACB or ACR I'd be cool with it as long as we get a different setting for one game before they make a sequel

D.I.D.
03-23-2014, 01:00 AM
The napoleonic wars were the 19th century not the 18th and were like 40 years after the end of the revolution style culture military uniforms and many other things had changed etc and it's a way bigger world event than the American revolution in AC3. And as long as another game or two in the same story arc like ACB or ACR I'd be cool with it as long as we get a different setting for one game before they make a sequel

Well, yes, 19th century, but barely. 1803-1815, so actually only 4 years after the end of the Revolution.

roostersrule2
03-23-2014, 01:06 AM
The napoleonic wars were the 19th century not the 18th and were like 40 years after the end of the revolution style culture military uniforms and many other things had changed etc and it's a way bigger world event than the American revolution in AC3. And as long as another game or two in the same story arc like ACB or ACR I'd be cool with it as long as we get a different setting for one game before they make a sequelWell yea, but it's hardly a difference, it's still the same setting, AC2 and ACB were in different centuries and the atmosphere, architecture etc. were basically the same. The only thing it'd have going for it would be the possible massive amount of cities and places to go, you'd need about 10 major cities to the game, while that'd be awesome, it couldn't be done.

Perhaps in episodic DLC it could be done, where there'd be no-open world and just be mission to mission but I doubt the fans would appreciate that.

Calvarok
03-23-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm interested in how this game is going to start. Will we be with Arno as he's fully grown and fully trained, or will there be a short bit of him in his youth? either way I hope it doesn't take too long to get to the action, but at the same time that there's a great introduction to the place and the person we're playing as.

I think AC4 was the first game to really nail the introduction, but I'd love if a less in-media-rez opening could be executed well, which I don't really think it has.

Will_Lucky
03-23-2014, 02:23 PM
I'm interested in how this game is going to start. Will we be with Arno as he's fully grown and fully trained, or will there be a short bit of him in his youth? either way I hope it doesn't take too long to get to the action, but at the same time that there's a great introduction to the place and the person we're playing as.

I think AC4 was the first game to really nail the introduction, but I'd love if a less in-media-rez opening could be executed well, which I don't really think it has.

Thats the question, I mean I'd rather he be young say 16-20 so that he can carry on until 1815 with Napoleons defeat. If he was in his 40's as the Mentor of the French Assassins from 1789, he would be older than 50 during the Napoleonic period.

DumbGamerTag94
03-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Thats the question, I mean I'd rather he be young say 16-20 so that he can carry on until 1815 with Napoleons defeat. If he was in his 40's as the Mentor of the French Assassins from 1789, he would be older than 50 during the Napoleonic period.
This was kind of what I was saying....I think this character may get an Ezio style treatment and a trilogy if he is popular and I couldn't access my old post wit my trilogy idea so I'll re-elaborate it here quickly.

Game1: French Rev 1789-1794ish(ACUnity)
Main Locale= Paris and other parts of France
Covers overthrow of monarchs and Reign of Terror
Robespierre is Main Templar threat

Game2: French Wars in Italy and Middle East post Revolution.
Main Locations=Milan,(possibly Monterrigioni), Alexandria,(Masyaf maybe or Jerusalem)
Napoleon takes lead as Templar Grand Master and attempts to find Ezio and Altiar's POEs thus how he comes to command armies in Italy and the Mid east, and how he manages to come to power after returning from the Middle East(he acquires a POE) Some nostalgia and revelations style flashbacks would be cool to tie ACU in with the rest of the series, maybe an encounter with Connor at sea during the Naval war with france to tie in AC3 so as to make the 3rd installment of the French Trilogy kind of a culmination of the series as we felt with ACR.
Napoleon is Main threat, We finally would get Egypt, and revisit some favorite places from the series.

Game 3: Napoleonic Wars
Main Cities(pick most important)=London, Moscow, Berlin,(possibly Paris again)
Napoleon tries to take over the world creating puppet states and conquering with his POE, invades Russia to acquire the Tsar's staff which we know from The Fall was a POE. The world's assassin's unite to take down the threat. During Napoleon's first exile Arno travels to America to help Connor turn back the British Invasion of New Orleans to have peace in the New World as well(this giving us insight into the end of Connors story without playing as him) and Napoleon escapes with Arno's absence. Arno kills Napoleon during his 2nd exile after Waterloo, and the threat ends and The world settles into a brief period of peace.
Napoleon is main threat but Templars in British, Prussian, and Russian Militaries/Governments as well.

Though this probably would never happen I thing it would be really awesome. I feel that Ubi is probably keeping at least the 3rd option in mind if ACU is successful(prob not same plot but something similar) If this was to happen though I want a completely new period and location either before the sequels, or once the story ends, preferably something very different an Asian setting finally perhaps

Dome500
03-24-2014, 12:04 AM
This was kind of what I was saying....I think this character may get an Ezio style treatment and a trilogy if he is popular and I couldn't access my old post wit my trilogy idea so I'll re-elaborate it here quickly.

Game1: French Rev 1789-1794ish(ACUnity)
Main Locale= Paris and other parts of France
Covers overthrow of monarchs and Reign of Terror
Robespierre is Main Templar threat

Game2: French Wars in Italy and Middle East post Revolution.
Main Locations=Milan,(possibly Monterrigioni), Alexandria,(Masyaf maybe or Jerusalem)
Napoleon takes lead as Templar Grand Master and attempts to find Ezio and Altiar's POEs thus how he comes to command armies in Italy and the Mid east, and how he manages to come to power after returning from the Middle East(he acquires a POE) Some nostalgia and revelations style flashbacks would be cool to tie ACU in with the rest of the series, maybe an encounter with Connor at sea during the Naval war with france to tie in AC3 so as to make the 3rd installment of the French Trilogy kind of a culmination of the series as we felt with ACR.
Napoleon is Main threat, We finally would get Egypt, and revisit some favorite places from the series.

Game 3: Napoleonic Wars
Main Cities(pick most important)=London, Moscow, Berlin,(possibly Paris again)
Napoleon tries to take over the world creating puppet states and conquering with his POE, invades Russia to acquire the Tsar's staff which we know from The Fall was a POE. The world's assassin's unite to take down the threat. During Napoleon's first exile Arno travels to America to help Connor turn back the British Invasion of New Orleans to have peace in the New World as well(this giving us insight into the end of Connors story without playing as him) and Napoleon escapes with Arno's absence. Arno kills Napoleon during his 2nd exile after Waterloo, and the threat ends and The world settles into a brief period of peace.
Napoleon is main threat but Templars in British, Prussian, and Russian Militaries/Governments as well.

Though this probably would never happen I thing it would be really awesome. I feel that Ubi is probably keeping at least the 3rd option in mind if ACU is successful(prob not same plot but something similar) If this was to happen though I want a completely new period and location either before the sequels, or once the story ends, preferably something very different an Asian setting finally perhaps

I like the general idea, but I do not like Napoleaon being a Templar.
It would change the whole meaning behind the Napoleonic wars just to suit the Templar and Assassin story, would be even more shoehorning than in AC3.
I would rather have Napoleon being and acquaintance of the Templars and the Tempalrs wanting him to take the lead because they can influence him and get high positions through him.
Making the main historical character a Templar or Assassin is just not good IMO.

Will_Lucky
03-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Making the main historical character a Templar or Assassin is just not good IMO.

They've done it in every single game, the only Templar not recognized a Grand Master who wasn't real was Haythem. Its traditional for the Leader of the Templars and his lieutenants to be Historical figures.

Dome500
03-24-2014, 12:23 AM
They've done it in every single game, the only Templar not recognized a Grand Master who wasn't real was Haythem. Its traditional for the Leader of the Templars and his lieutenants to be Historical figures.

Yeah but I'd like them to move away from that.

I don't mind if a historical character is occasionally a Templar or Assassin, but I would prefer not all of them to be, and I would also prefer the Grand Masters maybe not to be the most powerful historical character of their time but rather "one of the most powerful".

What's done in the old games is done, but I'd like that to not be overused in the future games. Just my opinion of course.

DumbGamerTag94
03-24-2014, 12:58 AM
Yeah but I'd like them to move away from that.

I don't mind if a historical character is occasionally a Templar or Assassin, but I would prefer not all of them to be, and I would also prefer the Grand Masters maybe not to be the most powerful historical character of their time but rather "one of the most powerful".

What's done in the old games is done, but I'd like that to not be overused in the future games. Just my opinion of course.

I understand what you're saying Dome. I can understand what you mean. I've suggested in other threads that perhaps Napoleon wouldn't be a Templar but still seeks conquest none the less, and since he wouldn't be a Templar he would be worse in a way because he is not interested in order or the betterment of mankind, only in gaining power for himself. His ascension would be a result of Arno killing Robespierre(Templar ruler of France) and creating a power vaccum that Napoleon fills after discovering the power of the POEs during his campaigns in Italy and Mid East(or perhaps he heard the Templars talking of them once and purposely seeks them to increase his power) Napoleon becomes a more dangerous threat than even the Templars, and all the Assassins of the world, and possibly even the Templars join forces to defeat this common enemy, thus why the wars spiral out of control and consume Europe, North America, Parts of Asia and Africa This was after all one of the first true world wars. We would then have 3 factions in play all trying to undermine eachother Assassin's, Templars, and Napoleon's supporters. Napoleon could be a whole separate force in his own right rather than a Templar or filling the role of a 1800s Rodrigo Borgia.