PDA

View Full Version : What game to play after AC Series?

Bo-Mega
03-22-2014, 07:31 PM
I've just finished AC3 after spending weeks completely immersed in the series (AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations). I absolutely LOVED this series for many reasons, the open world, the stealth gameplay, the free running, and mostly the sci-fi, fringe/conspiracy back story. I don't have a PS4 yet otherwise I'd jump right into AC4, so I'm looking to pick up a used title that will hold my interest for a few more weeks.

I'm having serious doubts that anything will be able to wow me as much as the AC series has. I've read many suggestions but I'm running out of options as I have already play Far Cry 3, GTA series, Fallout series, Skyrim, Dishonored, Batman series and many others. The ones I haven't played that were recommended are Infamous 2, Just Cause 2, Saboteur, MGS4, Mirrors Edge and a few others. They do look pretty interesting and right now I'm leaning towards Infamous 2 since I played the first one and liked it but I just feel like nothing is going to come close to the the total AC package. Does anyone have any other suggestions or input for me? Would be much appreciated.

Templar_Az
03-22-2014, 07:38 PM
After you finish the AC series the next game you would play is called the "Waiting game"

D.I.D.
03-22-2014, 07:41 PM
A big surprise for me, as far as open world games go, was Sleeping Dogs. I played the demo when it was first released and I really didn't enjoy it, so I ignored the good reviews and all of my friends telling me to play it. Then I finally picked it up in a sale, and it quickly became one of my favourite open world games ever. There's a sequel in development, but I'm not sure when it's coming out. It was criticised quite a lot for the silly amount of DLC, but I do recommend that you pick up the Wheels of Fury DLC since that gives you permanent use of a vehicle which is about as close as you can get to the Nolan series Batmobile without lawyers getting involved, and it's a lot of fun.

Aside from that, have you played Bioshock? Bioshock 2 can be skipped, since it's made by a different studio, but the original Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are stunning (with the last DLC story expansion to Inifinite on the verge of release any day now).

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was surprisingly good, although it takes a good few hours to really get going, and you have to be the kind of person who explores absolutely everything to get the most out of it.

Locopells
03-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Try the new Tomb Raider. Stealth isn't the best, but it keeps me occupied. Hitman games are worth a lot IMO, plus LA Noir (action is a bit clunky in the latter, but it's good for brain exercise.)

Bo-Mega
03-22-2014, 07:50 PM
I played the Sleeping Dogs demo when it came out and loved it, waited for it to come down under 30 dollars and bought it, got it home and had repeated game crashes, I read online that it was a common problem but the guy at Gamestop seemed to think it could have been a sizable scratch on the disk, I ended up getting the Ezio trilogy instead. I might just try it again and hope that it works because I did indeed like that game very much. I have played Bioshock and was very impressed, got into Bioshock 2 and ended up putting it down after a freeze and a loss of an hour worth of gameplay. Perhaps I'll try Infinite as I heard was very good. I LOVED Deus Ex back in the day, one of my favorite series and I did play a bit of Human Revolution on my fathers PC, it was cool but maybe as you said I just didn't play it long enough to really get into it. Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming.

Bo-Mega
03-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Ill check out Tomb Raider also, I have played Hitman series and loved Absolution, was sad when it ended.

poptartz20
03-22-2014, 10:19 PM
After you finish the AC series the next game you would play is called the "Waiting game"

Now this... made me laugh. haha

well.. I would say everyone here mentioned some awesome games! Also if you have a PS3 you might want to pick up every game naughty dog has made in the past 7 or 8 years so Uncharter 1-3 and The Last of Us. Sleeping Dogs was also a great sleeper title! Bioshock 1 and Infinite 2 was just okay. There is also the new Tomb Raider. annnd... for some reason now I am drawing a blank.

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Super Mario Galaxy
Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us

the three finest games of the HD Generation

Mr.GoodKall
03-23-2014, 05:24 PM
I just bought the new Tomb Raider definitive edition for PS4. Its AMAZING. Its very AC like, I cant believe I haven't played them before. amazing game and this new lara craft is smoking

Assassin_M
03-23-2014, 05:29 PM
The Saboteur
Infamous

Layytez
03-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Pokemon

Assassin_M
03-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Pokemon
aka glorified **** fight

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 05:48 PM
- The last of us
- Red dead Redemption
- Darksiders series
- God of war 3/ ascension
- Max Payne 3

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 06:04 PM
* Uncharted series
* God of War Ascension
* Infamous
* The Last of Us
* Tomb Raider

Shahkulu101
03-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Buy the Last of Us. It turned me from a very casual gamer who just happened to play AC (because my friend introduced me to ACII - I tried it reluctantly) as well as Fifa. I kind of took games seriously after that. It such a tense, touching adventure. I grew to actually love the characters and man...there are some damn mighty feels. You gain a fascinating perspective about the world - one you can interpret yourself through the games wonderfully placed subtext, messages in cutscenes or notes left by other unfortunate survivors.

The gameplay is also awesome. I loved desperately scrapping around for survival gear and the lack of resources made the enemy encounters nerve-jangling, terrifying fun-fests. I also highly recommend the Uncharted series; brilliantly fun platforming, jaw-dropping set pieces and action-packed stories.

SixKeys
03-23-2014, 08:20 PM
-Tomb Raider 2012
-Red Dead Redemption
-Journey
-The Last of Us

rcole_sooner
03-24-2014, 03:32 AM
Don't forget about the Crysis games. I'd start with Crysis 2 and do it and Crysis 3. Not really open world, but they have stealth elements.

+1 on the latest Tomb Raider ... I thought it was excellent, but kinda short.

Legendz54
03-24-2014, 06:06 AM
If you want games with memorable stories I would Play The Walking Dead Game season 1 and 2 and The Last of Us. Other Good Games Watch Dogs, Dying Light, The Divison.

Farlander1991
03-24-2014, 10:06 AM
I find it weird playing a lot of action/adventure games after AC.

"Huh?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T CLIMB THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

frodrigues55
03-24-2014, 11:22 AM

This - it's so weird. AC is so ahead of every one of them while presenting so many other gameplay options. It literaly does everything and so well. It's one of the reasons why AC won me over and became my favorite franchise after I have been a Tomb Raider fan since most of you were even born :p

Locopells
03-24-2014, 01:23 PM

You and me both, buddy...