PDA

View Full Version : Improvements in Naval

Dev_Anj
03-22-2014, 05:57 PM
I know that naval combat most probably won't return in Assassin's Creed: Unity, and probably not in the second Assassin's Creed game either(if there is one). But if by any chance they make a full fledged pirate game with Assassin's Creed 4's naval combat, what improvements should they make for it?

I think they could start by letting us use different types of ships. Maybe let us use more types of shots. It would also be nice to have location based damage, like shooting the sails would slow down and eventually stop the ship, shooting the hull would make water flow in and if left for a long time, the ship would sink, shooting the gunpowder deck could make the gunpowder explode and set the ship on fire, making it easier to capture but also being a hazard to you and the crew members and reducing your plunder. Also, I think there could be much more to do while boarding.

Also, there should be no reason to force the player to explode gunpowder barrels, take down a flag, or do some arbitrary objectives. They were very jarring and felt more like padding to me.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 06:24 PM
have the possibility to command an actual fleet consisting on many ships. TEH AWESOMENESS!