PDA

View Full Version : [Theory] Connor in Unity

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Jayden_TSoni
03-22-2014, 03:20 PM
About the character size, in the Alpha phase of ACIII Connor was slim, maybe this is just a rough model and the developers don't want to reveal now an identity that we can easily identify.

The non-numbered title it could be referred to a sequel of a known Assassin.

Also, the color of the outfit in the culture of the Assassin Sect actually existed refers to the Mentor status (see Altair white and Al Mualim black, Ezio novice white and with dark colors in Revelations) so that Assassin in the video could be a Connor with a Master Assassin status matured during this period.

But the very unusual detail is the pocket watch of the character: Connor's profile looks inspired by the history of Alexander McGillisvray, a man half native and half scottish, one of the principle chief of the Native American Creek tribe. George Washington crafted a custom Pocket Watch to gift to McGillisvray for negotiating the Treaty of New York in 1790. If we can associate Connor to McGillisvray we could have a curious case of historical re-interpretation, after all, History is written by winners, what we see with the Animus is the Truth! :)

https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/l/t1.0-9/971148_635914033130580_465747604_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/LeVeritadellAnimus/photos/a.360176137371039.82227.205665476155440/635914033130580/?type=1&theater

Hans684
03-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Decent theory but I bet on a new character.

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 03:28 PM
It's a new character, I can tell.

Radman500
03-22-2014, 03:30 PM
they were probably using connor''s face because its alpha footage....but the leak already said its a new MC

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 03:50 PM
About the character size, in the Alpha phase of ACIII Connor was slim, maybe this is just a rough model and the developers don't want to reveal now an identity that we can easily identify.

Also, the color of the outfit in the culture of the Assassin Sect actually existed refers to the Mentor status (see Altair white and Al Mualim black, Ezio novice white and with dark colors in Revelations) so that Assassin in the video could be a Connor with a Master Assassin status matured during this period.

But the very unusual detail is the pocket watch of the character: Connor's profile looks inspired by the history of Alexander McGillisvray, a man half native and half scottish, one of the principle chief of the Native American Creek tribe. George Washington crafted a custom Pocket Watch to gift to McGillisvray for negotiating the Treaty of New York in 1790. If we can associate Connor to McGillisvray we could have a curious case of historical re-interpretation, after all, History is written by winners, what we see with the Animus is the Truth! :)

https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/l/t1.0-9/971148_635914033130580_465747604_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/LeVeritadellAnimus/photos/a.360176137371039.82227.205665476155440/635914033130580/?type=1&theater

You just blew my mind! Interesting points indeed.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 03:53 PM
He does indeed have similarities with Connor's face but it could still be them reusing Connor's model..

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 03:54 PM
that's probably not true

but epic trolling on ubi's part if it is

just imagine the ****storm if it turns out it is connor

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 03:57 PM
just imagine the ****storm if it turns out it is connor

Oh **** yes the French Revolution!!!!!! Fans rejoice.

Dear Lord its Cunar again!!!!! Fans rage.

Radman500
03-22-2014, 04:04 PM
the leaker already said its a new main character named Arno, leader of the French Assassins...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Copying and pasting an analysis from another thread on the same theory - Access the Animus

Assassin's Creed: Unity
The new Chapter has finally been announced
Written by: ATA Team
Translated by: Sara, Markuz

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche [Let them eat cake]! We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!

With these words, after tons and tons of rumors, the official AC channels confirm AC:Unity to be the next AC chapter.
It seems like the rumors about this game, starting from the airplane ones from Neogaf, were actually true and we can now talk about our new Assassin in the Revolutionary France. The info that have been released up until now, suggest that the game should be for next-gen consoles only (PS4, XboXOne and PC) and it should be out during "Holiday 2014", meaning the Christmas time period confirmed by the ACItalia official Twitter account. After the trailer release, the game pre-order is already possible on Amazon.com for both PS4 and XboXOne.

Having dealt with the practical matters, we can now move on to the theorizing part of this article... no it's a drug for us, we cannot stop.

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUa/1.jpg

THE CHARACTER

The trailer confirms once more our analysis on the leaked picture of the new Assassin. In these brief scene, we can obviously look at him better and so, let's see if we can add something more to what we already wrote.

Our new Assassin, as we saw from the leaked screenshots, wears dark clothes, mostly dark-blue. The texture is rough and the stitchings are evident: both of these elements may hint at the Assassin's humble origins or, however, they may suggest his belonging to the Revolutionary class rather than the noble one.
In clear contrast with the dark blue, the Assassin wears leather gloves and and shoulder straps. Both of them are rough and have evident stitchings with white and outstanding refinements.
Around his neck, he seems to wear a sort of foulard, red and blue, very similar to the ones that the Revolutionaries wore in that period. Also the hood, therefore, has not the typical "beak" as already happened for Edward.

The Assassin wears gray trousers with double belts that are needed for the sword and the pistol. The pistol seems to be a flintlock pistol, which was highly used during the French Revolution. In addition, around his waist, he wears the typical red sash that characterized the Assassins from the previous chapters. Finally, he has leather boots, similar to the ones of the leaked screenshots.
The Assassin looks at something that seems to be a pocket watch and then he puts it away: definitely an action and an object a bit in contrast with his figure. This "aristocratic" posture could have been intentionally used for the characterization of the protagonist, especially if we think about Neogaf rumors basing on which the character of this chapter would be the leader of the French branch of the Brotherhood.

The title of the game does not have a number, and therefore, as claimed in the past by Ubisoft, the protagonist should not be a new character, but someone that we already know. Unless anything changed, therefore, we should already know our protagonist and therefore, given the historical period, it could be Connor. The body of the Assassin is definitely not in favor of this theory, but we are watching some pre-alpha footage so nothing is confirmed yet.

Another thing to consider about this matter is that we already heard in the past about the name of a French Assissin who could be conteporary to Unity. In the "Letters to the Dead" on ACInitiates , Adéwalé's grandson, Eseosa, in 1776, talked about a French Assassin and in particular, he said:

"As we are still a French colony, I have reached out to the Assassins in France for aid. I made contact with one Guillaume Beylier, who tells me that they cannot offer me reinforcements as they have their own troubles brewing. But he promised me to keep the lines of communication open, and support me however possible from the mother country. It is not much, but it feels good to have allies in spirit, if not in person."

Could this French Assassin make an appearence in Unity? Could he be related to our protagonist? If we follow the rumors that, up until now, have proven to be true, the name of the protagonist should be Arnaud (meaning "Strong as an Eagle / Eagle power") and this is the reason why we hypothesize that Guillaume Beylier is not the protagonist himself.

THE SETTING

Starting from the beginning of the video, we can see as first location a wide room with elegant and decorated windows which, after some research, have a lot of similarities with the Versailles Palace ones. They have some particular characteristcs that allowed us to identify not only Versailles, but even the exact room from which they are taken: the windows have a coffered intrados, decorated with golden flowers.

The marble lesenes (narrow, low-relief, vertical pillars in a wall) show acanthus leaves on their capitals and this feature allow us to say that they belong to the corinthian order.
The whole architecture of the room is rococo style: the floral motif, the light and mirror games.
These peculiarities lead us to locate the windows into the Galerie de Glaces in Versailles Palace.

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUA/2e.jpg

Right after this room, the location changes and we find ourselves into deserted and messed up streets, with papers flowing in the air, dark smoke in the background and palisades on the road. On the walls we can see French Revolution posters. The view changes again and the silence is interrupted by the sound of Notre Dame's bells and, with them, we hear the crowd screaming. French flags are hung on buildings and on the Notre Dame entrance. We reach our Assassin who stands on a roof and looks at the scene from the distance. The last thing we see is the guillottine that closes the scene.

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUA/3.jpg

Specifically, observing in-depth the guillotine frame by frame it is possible to notice that it features several writings. The majority of these is hardly readable but the engraving on the transversal iron
bar can be easily interpreted: "MARIE ANTOINETTE D'AUTRICHE". That is a reference to Marie Antoinette, Queen of France and Navarre, and whose death marked the end of the Ancien Regime. If the name of Marie Antoinette indicates that she will be or has already been executed with this guillotine, then we are facing an historical inaccuracy as Marie Antoinette was guillotined in Place de la Revolution, now the Place de la Concorde, in 1793 .

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUA/5a.jpg

Also, interesting fact, it's impossible not to notice the similarities with the trailer of the original Assassin's Creed: the crowd attending the public execution, the Assassin looking from above, the sounds of the bells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-UDF9SzELI

THE DEVELOPING TEAM

We do not know much about the team working on AC:Unity but it was confirmed that Ashraf Ismail and Darby McDevitt are not part of it(it was quite obvious actually). It was, instead, confirmed that Mohamed Gambouz, previously Art Director for AC2 and ACB, will do the same for this chapter and that part of the plot was written by Philippe Antoine Ménard, already writer for AC: Initiates.
We also found out through our research an interesting piece of news: Alexandre Amancio, who already was Creative Director for Revelations, may be the Creative Director for Unity too.

THE ENDING

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUA/8.png

The final screen where it is possible to see the logo and the writing "Available holiday 2014" may be the first representation of the Animus background of this chapter of Assassin's Creed.

We hope you enjoyd our analysis. Stay with us!

Dome500
03-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Don't all Assassins Creed protagonists kind of look similar in those cinematics ?....

We do not know much about the team working on AC:Unity but it was confirmed that Ashraf Ismail and Darby McDevitt are not part of it(it was quite obvious actually). It was, instead, confirmed that Mohamed Gambouz, previously Art Director for AC2 and ACB, will do the same for this chapter and that part of the plot was written by Philippe Antoine Ménard, already writer for AC: Initiates.
We also found out through our research an interesting piece of news: Alexandre Amancio, who already was Creative Director for Revelations, may be the Creative Director for Unity too.

We also know that Ubisoft Toronto (Jade Raymonds studio) is helping on the current AC projects.

poptartz20
03-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Nah... That was a great analysis OP! I didn't even think of that! Just by robe colors! :D I forget these things from time to time!

But honestly I don't think it's Connor just by the body build of this guy. Connor was a big fellow while he looks smaller and lithe!

I think that since this didn't get a numbered title It is still possible that we might see Connor or hear from him in some kind of way or a letter of support from his brethren in the America's.

Will_Lucky
03-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Connor just wasn't French enough in the end, he had to adopt a new name and have Lafayette teach him a new accent...and then and only then can he lead the French Assassins to glory.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Connor just wasn't French enough in the end, he had to adopt a new name and have Lafayette teach him a new accent...and then and only then can he lead the French Assassins to glory.

Mind = blown.

xPipBoy
03-22-2014, 05:17 PM

WHAT IF "Arnault" is just a false name used by Connor Kenway to hide his identity? IMHO it's very likely!
However, I follow your fb page since 2011 (I'm italian :P) and I think that it is one of the best AC fanpages in the world, bravi ragazzi!

DavidPage
03-22-2014, 05:18 PM
https://acinitiates.com/#!/database/letters-to-the-dead/what-price-freedom

Eseosa says Connor has contacted him and adds that he has experience with revolutionS. That may or may not be a hint that Connor will at least make a cameo in the game... Or it may be just the way he wanted to express the knowledge that Connor has experience of a revolution. Not two... Now that I read my sentence, it sounds stupid as it offers nothing new, but I had it in a different way in my mind...

DavidPage
03-22-2014, 05:26 PM
WHAT IF "Arnault" is just a false name used by Connor Kenway to hide his identity? IMHO it's very likely!
However, I follow your fb page since 2011 (I'm italian :P) and I think that it is one of the best AC fanpages in the world, bravi ragazzi!

I would hope that it's true and he's undercover but I have my doubts. First, Darby (or someone else) said they are done with the Kenway saga, although this COULD not count as a "Kenway" story but a "Revolution" story so it would form a "Revolution" trilogy along with III and Black Flag (bc as Darby said, the Golden Age of Piracy could be considered a kind of revolution) or even AC Comet (which we still don't know when and where it's set - one theory I have is that it's the Greek Revolution as there would be the possibility to make it a hybrid "Pirate-Revolution" game, but it's unlikely because last gen). Second, the leak has so far been true so why not with the name and origins of the protagonist? And last, it could be that the body type in the screens and the trailer really IS the one that will be in the game. It would be stupid to use a certain body type for the majority of development and then AFTER every animation has been recorded, change the main character's appearance mere months before release.

deskp
03-22-2014, 05:36 PM
in ac3 connor was an outside looking in on the revolution.. if hes in paris he would be the outsider once again.. seems abit repetetive.

if there are cameos or wahtever, I would want BOTH Connor and Aveline, aveline is already french, and it would be cool to see her given a part in a "real" ac game.

xPipBoy
03-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I would hope that it's true and he's undercover but I have my doubts. First, Darby (or someone else) said they are done with the Kenway saga, although this COULD not count as a "Kenway" story but a "Revolution" story so it would form a "Revolution" trilogy along with III and Black Flag (bc as Darby said, the Golden Age of Piracy could be considered a kind of revolution) or even AC Comet (which we still don't know when and where it's set - one theory I have is that it's the Greek Revolution as there would be the possibility to make it a hybrid "Pirate-Revolution" game, but it's unlikely because last gen). Second, the leak has so far been true so why not with the name and origins of the protagonist? And last, it could be that the body type in the screens and the trailer really IS the one that will be in the game. It would be stupid to use a certain body type for the majority of development and then AFTER every animation has been recorded, change the main character's appearance mere months before release.

Maybe you're right, I just want another connor game, he deserves it. With haytham and all the other stuff, in ac3 we played with connor as a true assassin for 2-3 sequences.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Maybe you're right, I just want another connor game, he deserves it. With haytham and all the other stuff, in ac3 we played with connor as a true assassin for 2-3 sequences.

Actually you played Connor as a "true" Assassin for 6 sequences.
Oh, and that is about the same amount of time you played Altair. (yes, he was in Revelations. Then again, I wouldn't mind a Connor cameo, like I said)

padaE
03-22-2014, 05:55 PM
I much rather see Aveline.

silvermercy
03-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Wait a minute... What if he's Connor's son? Does it fit with the AC3 timeline? I think it does...

It makes sense when it comes to face and body type combined.

Besides... Why should Connor help an unknown assassin he just met for some reason? Unless they were related...

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Why should Connor help an unknown assassin he just met for some reason?..

He kept doing that in AC3 :rolleyes:

silvermercy
03-22-2014, 06:01 PM
He kept doing that in AC3 :rolleyes:
Yeah but I don't think it would be in the same level of involvement that's implied here.

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 06:07 PM
how could connor have fathered an adult child in time for the french revolution

he was still a virgin at the end of AC3 (1783)

so any child would be at most six at the time the French Revolution starts

silvermercy
03-22-2014, 06:08 PM
how could connor have fathered an adult child in time for the french revolution

he was still a virgin at the end of AC3 (1783)

so any child would be at most six at the time the French Revolution starts

Yer never know. ;)

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Yer never know. ;)

so yes or no?

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Wait a minute... What if he's Connor's son? Does it fit with the AC3 timeline? I think it does...

It makes sense when it comes to face and body type combined.

Besides... Why should Connor help an unknown assassin he just met for some reason? Unless they were related...And what reason would his son have to deal with French Rev? Or Raton would "conviniently" impregnate French woman? I think it's just pushing it for the sake of making connections between games

GunnerGalactico
03-22-2014, 06:22 PM
And what reason would his son have to deal with French Rev? Or Raton would "conviniently" impregnate French woman? I think it's just pushing it for the sake of making connections between games

I agree... the idea just sounds too far-fetched to me. :nonchalance:

silvermercy
03-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Ok fine. Connor it is then. lol

ze_topazio
03-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Plot twist:

Connor is actually Marie Antoinette in disguise.

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Plot twist:

That's not true

this is what Connor really is:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9054066/1/Assassin-s-Creed-Assassinating-Past-Heroes

GunnerGalactico
03-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Plot twist:

Connor couldn't get in touch with his feminine side even if he dressed up as Alsoomse. :p

guardian_titan
03-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Surprised no one suggested he's another bastard son of Haytham. :p

Think about it, Altair had 2 sons. Ezio had 2 legitimate kids and 1 illegitimate. Edward had 2 kids. Haytham had 1 illegitimate? :confused: If Haytham had another illegitimate kid around 1745-1754, that would put him at around 35-44 by 1789 and certainly old enough to be the French mentor. This would explain why the guy bears a resemblance to Connor but has a different build. Also explains why he has a Templar look to him. He could walk both worlds. Haytham did spend time in France since Reginald had a castle in Troyes.

Or could be a grandson of Edward via a bastard he had in the Caribbean. :p But in that case, the resemblance to Connor would likely be smaller.

Either that or since it's, you know, ALPHA footage, they're just doing Connor's head on a slimmer body for testing purposes while they finish the real head. :p Placeholder. Connor's face didn't always match his real face in the promotional stuff either and even used Desmond's face like Altair and Ezio from time to time. His original model did have Desmond's face. I'd wait for the CGI trailer to really pounce on whether or not it's Connor. Honestly, for me, Connor really doesn't make sense in France (although I'd be on the fan girl train squealing if it is him). I want another game with him, too, but putting a Native American in France is like putting a European in China or a Norwegian in the middle of Africa. Point of the Assassins is to blend in. Connor would stick out unless he learned Spanish and Italian real fast with a passable accent and lied to everyone about his heritage. Since he didn't take Achilles up on that idea before, why would he now? Ubisoft has to give a pretty good reason for him being in France beyond being there to help.

oliacr
03-22-2014, 06:49 PM
I'd rather play with Connor than this Arno.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 06:54 PM

Does not know anything about Arno/Arnauld.

Rather chooses Connor.

no comment.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 06:56 PM
I would like to play with them both. At the same time :o

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 06:59 PM

Why the hate?

D.I.D.
03-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Honestly, for me, Connor really doesn't make sense in France (although I'd be on the fan girl train squealing if it is him). I want another game with him, too, but putting a Native American in France is like putting a European in China or a Norwegian in the middle of Africa. Point of the Assassins is to blend in. Connor would stick out unless he learned Spanish and Italian real fast with a passable accent and lied to everyone about his heritage. Since he didn't take Achilles up on that idea before, why would he now? Ubisoft has to give a pretty good reason for him being in France beyond being there to help.

You'll be pleased to know you're wrong :)

http://youtu.be/0eumgCuKY3w

ajl992008
03-22-2014, 08:34 PM
I reckon connor will be in the game, in terms of missions I think it will be like the haytham and connor team up sequence, they accompany each other on certain missions and engage in discuss on the assassin vs templar philosophy, this could be even more interesting if arno is a Templar who turns after hearing what connor has to say, kinda the parallel to haytham, this brings further grey lines to the game and the series

lothario-da-be
03-22-2014, 08:40 PM
I would like to play with them both. At the same time :o
Welcome back Rato..fan!
What took you so long to return?
Anyway, glad another Connor fan rejoined the forums. :)

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 08:41 PM

http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 08:43 PM
It was already confirmed that Arno will be voiced and mocapped by Arnold Schwarzenegger

why would anyone want to play with some random indian over the Austrian Oak?

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 08:46 PM

I am offensive and I find this Indian.

lothario-da-be
03-22-2014, 08:47 PM
It was already confirmed that Arno will be voiced and mocapped by Arnold Schwarzenegger

* Native American

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 08:48 PM
* Native American

why so politically correct?

embrace your inner humanity and be evil n incorrect like me

silvermercy
03-22-2014, 08:49 PM
http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg
rofl!!!

lothario-da-be
03-22-2014, 08:51 PM
why so politically correct?

embrace your inner humanity and be evil n incorrect like me
Couse i dont wanna be called Murican when am a Belgium.

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 08:53 PM

American, Belgian does it matter?

All humanity is cut from the same cloth. And yet you all flaunt your inherent birthright of madness and evil.

Why? Even those you sought to save have turned their backs on you! And you remain the light!

Don't you see what a cruel joke this world is? Why aren't you laughing?

RinoTheBouncer
03-22-2014, 08:55 PM

All humanity is cut from the same cloth. And yet you all flaunt your inherent birthright of madness and evil.

Why? Even those you sought to save have turned their backs on you! And you remain the light!

Why am I reading this with Juno’s voice?!

lothario-da-be
03-22-2014, 09:06 PM

Please do not compare me with those lesser beings. .

ze_topazio
03-22-2014, 10:28 PM

You guys make awesome chocolate.

Black_Widow9
03-23-2014, 01:44 AM
Let's not start harassing each other for our nationalities. :(

Layytez
03-23-2014, 01:49 AM
Why am I reading this with Juno’s voice?!

I read it with Minerva's voice >.>

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 01:49 AM

I hate whatever place spiders crawl out from, burn it!!!11

I-Like-Pie45
03-23-2014, 03:06 AM

Nationality is but another obstacle towards utopia.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Saw something that might be of interest - And someone else wrote this, so don't hurt the informant? Kloveyabye ^_^
WHAT IF THE PROTAG FOR AC UNITY IS ACTUALLY CONNOR

https://31.media.tumblr.com/fc7e1a2146c6888fdca73bcc1a667ebb/tumblr_inline_n2v6qmxgPw1rn809d.png

• Yeah Arno seems to be a bit smaller than Connor was but after the British were out of the colonies he probably didn’t have as many soldiers to fight and he could’ve lost muscle mass as well as weight
• "But his name is confirmed as Arno/Arnaud!!" well Connor is actually Ratonhnhake:ton but Achilles gave him the name to blend in with the colonials and so they could address him without pronouncing his native name. Connor could have easily heard the name when he travelled to France and used it as an alias or took after the eagle theme of Altair and Ezio
• He would have a good reason to go to France b/c he was in good standing with the Marquis de Lafayette who was in Washington’s regime in the American revolution and travelled back to France during the revolution like 13 years later to lead a national guard
• Connor was 20 in 1776, so he would be in his early thirties at the start of the French revolution and still able to help in the cause
• There’s a bunch of evidence that the Desmond that died in the temple was a piece of eden clone created by the apple, such as the red diamond in his post mort report etc.
• The end of the main mission in ACIV implied that Shaun and Rebecca were still in the brotherhood and were still trying to wage war on the Templars so its not like they couldn’t be in league with Desmond and acting like he’s dead so Abstergo thinks he isn’t a threat anymore
• Not sure if this is good evidence but every numbered game has had a different Protag and every named one has been an extension of a previous Protag (ac1 was Altair, then ac2, brotherhood and revelations were Ezio, etc.) so ac unity may imply the return of a certain assassin
• I mean come on the little part of his face we see looks like Connor the skin tone is even right

In Assassin’s Creed III, Connor Kenway is not Ratohnhaké:ton’s real name. It’s given to him by Achilles Davenport so that he can more easily blend in with the people in the Colonies/America - as well as simply for practical reasons such as being able to call him over without having to learn a more “complex” name like his Native American one.
We are not given Arno’s last name. Arno looks like Connor.

Do you really think French people will want to be saying Ratohnhaké:ton over and over again, when they could easily say something as simple as… Oh, I don’t know, Arno, instead? ;]

And a little something on the side:

Altair:

AC (beginning)
AC: Bloodlines
AC: Altair Chronicles
AC: Revelations (conclusion)

Ezio:

AC: Lineage (beginning)
ACII
AC: Brotherhood
AC: Revelations
AC: Embers (conclusion)

Connor:

ACIII (beginning)
? (conclusion)

Edward Kenway:

AC IV: Black Flag (beginning)
AC: Forsaken (conclusion)

Haytham Kenway:

AC: Forsaken (beginning/conclusion)
ACIII (conclusion)

Come on Ubisoft - you know you want to ;)

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 06:02 PM
I really don't think it's Connor...

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 06:17 PM
I also don't think it is Connor. When I saw the E3 trailers for AC1, 2 and 3 - I thought Ezio looked like Altair and Connor looked like Ezio :p

My point is that you cannot tell what their faces really look like for certain.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1879/assassins3xs5.png

http://s3.gamefreaks.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/3596634681_b2b69226d9_o.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/E32012/Ubisoft/pressconference/ac3/aciiipress610.jpg

lothario-da-be
03-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Maybe they want to keep it secret that Arno is Connor :p. Just like the Haytham surprise in ac3. Nobody knew it before release.

combicoilag
03-24-2014, 06:22 PM
I think shipping Connor to a new time period with a different location would just be incredibly stupid, if it took place in America again or even South America I could buy into that. I'm Looking forward to a new Assassin maybe he will be more like Altair or Ezio, instead of "AW Man, now I'm an Assassin and I don't want to be, but will come to realize the good in what I do by the end of the game." character we got with Connor and Edward. I have high hopes especially with the AC1 style trailer. But I agree with an earlier poster they probably used Connor's model for the footage.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 06:28 PM
maybe he will be more like Altair or Ezio, instead of "AW Man, now I'm an Assassin and I don't want to be, but will come to realize the good in what I do by the end of the game." character we got with Connor and Edward.

Oh well, first...I don't know how you can place Ezio and Altair in the same category when describing Assassin stories. as if they had a similar story of devotion to the Brotherhood out of duty. and what's funnier is that Connor and Edward were actually not "AW Man, now I'm an Assassin and I don't want to be, but will come to realize the good in what I do by the end of the game." it was Ezio. I don't know which game you played, but yeah...you're pretty much wrong on 2 accounts. placing Altair and Ezio in the same category and classifying Edward's and Connor's stories as reluctant Assassins...I mean, heck Connor went for the Assassins HIMSELF...he by far had the most trust in the ideals of the Brotherhood and the Creed and Edward?? He shoehorned himself into everything they did for money until he found a reason BETTER than money to actually be an Assassin. a chance to better himself and be a man of quality..

Ezio was the one who was like that...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Maybe they want to keep it secret that Arno is Connor :p. Just like the Haytham surprise in ac3. Nobody knew it before release.

I thought this too, but all we can do is [as always] wait and see.

Btw, I think that's Ubisoft's motto - 'You have to wait and see." Lol a trolling statement to say the least

Oh well, first...I don't know how you can place Ezio and Altair in the same category when describing Assassin stories. as if they had a similar story of devotion to the Brotherhood out of duty. and what's funnier is that Connor and Edward were actually not "AW Man, now I'm an Assassin and I don't want to be, but will come to realize the good in what I do by the end of the game." it was Ezio. I don't know which game you played, but yeah...you're pretty much wrong on 2 accounts. placing Altair and Ezio in the same category and classifying Edward's and Connor's stories as reluctant Assassins...I mean, heck Connor went for the Assassins HIMSELF...he by far had the most trust in the ideals of the Brotherhood and the Creed and Edward?? He shoehorned himself into everything they did for money until he found a reason BETTER than money to actually be an Assassin. a chance to better himself and be a man of quality..

Ezio was the one who was like that...

Agreed,

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 06:32 PM
I find it very amusing that people assume that Connor is the main character in ACU. If Ubi developed a game that is made exclusively for next gen consoles, obviously they would create a new protagonist. As for the second rumoured AC game, I hear it is set in Russia. Part of me is hoping that it is not true... and is still holding out for the possibility that it might be a Connor sequel :rolleyes:

We'll just have to wait and see. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 06:42 PM
I find it very amusing that people assume that Connor is the main character in ACU. If Ubi developed a game that is made exclusively for next gen consoles, obviously they would create a new protagonist. As for the second rumoured AC game, I hear it is set in Russia. Part of me is hoping that it is not true... and is still holding out for the possibility that it might be a Connor sequel :rolleyes:

We'll just have to wait and see. :p

Doh! Why must you torture me like Ubi does? >_<;;

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Come on, guys...

You're all just holding on to false hope here, it's not Connor...

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Doh! Why must you torture me like Ubi does? >_<;;

"It is better to have faith in something than none at all" - Connor Kenway :)

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Come on, guys...

You're all just holding on to false hope here, it's not Connor...

And people thought I was delusional assuming Charles Lee was going to be Raton's father xD

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 06:55 PM
"It is better to have faith in something than none at all" - Connor Kenway :)

Of course… now tell that to M… Hi, M! ^_^

And people thought I was delusional assuming Charles Lee was going to be Raton's father xD

Lolz

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Lol… now tell that to M… Hi, M! ^_^

He was probably just joking, nobody is stupid enough to believe that Connor is going to be in France. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 07:05 PM
He was probably just joking, nobody is stupid enough to believe that Connor is going to be in France. :p

Don't let the "willing to kill anyone who makes fun of Connor" fans hear you say that…

*adventurewomen reads post and replies* "I read that! *glare*"

….Oh crap, too late! Run!

J/K :p lol

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Don't let the "willing to kill anyone who makes fun of Connor" fans hear you say that…

Hey! that's not fair...

Fine, just put me out of my misery then... :p

To think I was fighting on their side the whole time *fuming*

J/K too :o

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 07:12 PM

I saw on a comment chain on YT saying "I wonder who's being beheaded" someone replied and said "I hope it's Connor"

For realziez

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 07:22 PM
I saw on a comment chain on YT saying "I wonder who's being beheaded" someone replied and said "I hope it's Connor"

For realziez

That person is just trying to get under people's skins. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 07:29 PM

For realziez

And thus an angry mob forms~

NEWS FLASH: Youtube Commenter Found Beheaded After 'Favorite Character Beheaded' Statement

That person is just trying to get under people's skins. :p

Exactly.

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 07:33 PM

NEWS FLASH: Youtube Commenter Found Beheaded After 'Favorite Character Beheaded' Statement

LOL... That person's fate was sealed the moment he/she said that. ;)

silvermercy
03-24-2014, 07:35 PM

baahaahhaaahaa!!!

Actually, I can see that happening... :nonchalance:
lol

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 07:37 PM
but...but....I laughed at the comment..

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 07:44 PM
but...but....I laughed at the comment..

You are too precious to us, M. We could never hurt you, no matter how much you claim to hate Connor ^_^

SeanC_1967
03-24-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't understand why so many people want Connor back. Not wanting to start another debate or anything but he has been the worst protagonist yet, for me anyway.

Really hope it isn't him and I'm positive it's not.

TO_M
03-24-2014, 07:48 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 07:51 PM
I don't understand why so many people want Connor back.
Not exactly hard to understand onsidering that he's pretty much a tragic hero. So people wanna see him succeed at something (and aiding Desmond hardly feels like perosonal achievement relevant to him and Native Americans) even if it's just good retirement with pet wolf, wife (or husbando :rolleyes: ) and aiding the Natives' cause in at least some capacity. Or at least being a direct cause of improvement in future.

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't understand why so many people want Connor back. Not wanting to start another debate or anything but he has been the worst protagonist yet, for me anyway.

Really hope it isn't him and I'm positive it's not.

Don't worry... I'm pretty it's not Connor

Not exactly hard to understand onsidering that he's pretty much a tragic hero. So people wanna see him succeed at something (and aiding Desmond hardly feels like perosonal achievement relevant to him and Native Americans) even if it's just good retirement with pet wolf, wife (or husbando :rolleyes: ) and aiding the Natives' cause in at least some capacity. Or at least being a direct cause of improvement in future.

Leave him be... that's just his opinion :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Looks like someone wants to start a trolling war with the fans… I'll grab the torches and pitchforks…

J/K

Or am I?

Nah… lol

Leave him be... that's just his opinion :)

Tell me about it… too bad it's most likely a pointless/misunderstood/Ezio related one >_>

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
for me anyway.

And.....everyone else is NOT you...keyword is "for me anyway"

hope that helped you understand a bit, why others, who are not you and don't share your opinion, want it to be Connor...

You are too precious to us, M. We could never hurt you, no matter how much you claim to hate Connor ^_^
Aww shucks, I, the greatest Connor hater, make the best posts about Connor...

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Told ya all M was secrectly a screaming Raton fangirl

Kagurra
03-24-2014, 07:56 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

^^^

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 07:58 PM
And.....everyone else is NOT you...keyword is "for me anyway"

hope that helped you understand a bit, why others, who are not you and don't share your opinion, want it to be Connor…

Boom!

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Tell me about it… too bad it's most likely a pointless/misunderstood/Ezio related one >_>
come now, not everyone who dislikes Connor doesn't understand him...I can understand why some don't like Connor

Told ya all M was secrectly a screaming Raton fangirl
I just like his outfit

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 08:02 PM
come now, not everyone who dislikes Connor doesn't understand him...I can understand why some don't like Connor

Yeah, but most of the time, or at least what I've been reading/told, it's usually a misunderstanding… and it gets me mad that people want nothing but Ezio characters in video games.. that's all :)

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 08:04 PM
and it gets me mad that people want nothing but Ezio characters in video games.. that's all :)
What? no...no, people don't want a character exactly like Ezio...no...no...of course not...no...psh...no...

even if my signature says so, no (it's legit by the way)

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 08:04 PM
I just like his outfitLove it too, probably best along with AC2 main Ezio one & ultimate one in series. But nothing beats Tyranny outfit, what a stunning design. They even made the pelt hood work what I thought would be impossible (seeing some concept art pelt hoods they showed from AC3 pre-production and hated them)

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Yeah, but most of the time, or at least what I've been reading/told, it's usually a misunderstanding… and it gets me mad that people want nothing but Ezio characters in video games.. that's all :)

There you go! :cool:

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Love it too, probably best along with AC2 main Ezio one & ultimate one in series. But nothing beats Tyranny outfit, what a stunning design. They even made the pelt hood work what I thought would be impossible (seeing some concept art pelt hoods they showed from AC3 pre-production and hated them)

In ACB, I like Ezio's dlc outfit - the Drachan Armour

It made him stand out from his recruits.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-24-2014, 08:09 PM
In ACB, I like Ezio's dlc outfit - the Drachan Armour

It made him stand out from his recruits.
It was very similar to the default ACB outfit, but I thought this design worked much better in white, so not huge fan of Drachan armor. Or Brutus, ugh that red hood...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-24-2014, 08:10 PM
But nothing beats Tyranny outfit, what a stunning design. They even made the pelt hood work what I thought would be impossible

I know, right?

What? no...no, people don't want a character exactly like Ezio...no...no...of course not...no...psh...no...

even if my signature says so, no (it's legit by the way)

Lolz, you don't have to hide your true feelings from me… Don't listen to the haters… I'm here for you ^_^

I still remember that part of the post you wrote on my Connor thread when I first joined here:

"I'm a big Connor fan and he's my favorite Assassin along with Altair."

Maybe I should make that my signature…? XD

GunnerGalactico
03-24-2014, 08:12 PM
It was very similar to the default ACB outfit, but I thought this design worked much better in white, so not huge fan of Drachan armor. Or Brutus, ugh that red hood...

I don't like the Brutus outfit either.

BATISTABUS
03-24-2014, 11:42 PM
I don't think it's him (mostly due to body shape), but I REALLY do hope he's in the game in some fashion, even if only for a sequence or two.

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 11:45 PM
Maybe I should make that my signature…? XD
Well, I don't know about signature, it WAS a pretty big post 8P

but I REALLY do hope he's in the game in some fashion, even if only for a sequence or two.
There's a hint to that in Eseosa's story on initiates. When he receives an invitation from Connor, Eseosa states that Connor has experience with revolutionS.

I-Like-Pie45
03-24-2014, 11:49 PM
I really don't they ship him off to France

this will put my Connor sequel fanfic in a rather awkward position

adventurewomen
03-24-2014, 11:50 PM
But nothing beats Tyranny outfit, what a stunning design
Yup, if only the TOKW outfit was in the main game, partly because then I could see more of Connor's stunning defined toned abs, strong arms and amazing broad shoulders Connor's body is perfection... *fans self* I need a minute. :o :eek:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bTd84paIfzk/TZQchtI-RaI/AAAAAAAAARs/ycMTzDa2brE/s1600/santana+fanning+herself.gif

(I don't use gifs normally but this one is appropriate, for feels) :o

xecqtor
03-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Well, i dont understand why people are hating certain characters.
As true ac fan i love all settings and characters and i know many settings will be chosen, so im fine with it.
Although we have facts that connor could be in there i also doubt it.
The mainchar should be at least grown up in french, logic cuz of language.
what is not told that we dont know if its desmonds bloodline at least.
If desmond is alive i bet it will take some acs to bring him suprisingly back, because it would flash us.

Anyway, what about new hint.
Adewales son, grandson eseosas father i mean, no one knows hin yet no information.
They have dealt with france definitly and the skin also looks more dark. Eseosas assassin outfit is also pretty similar.
Find and post.

I-Like-Pie45
03-24-2014, 11:51 PM
adventurewomen, you are starting to frighten me more than that freak silvermercy... :(

Assassin_M
03-24-2014, 11:54 PM
As true ac fan i love all settings and characters and i know many settings will be chosen, so im fine with it.
what is not told that we dont know if its desmonds bloodline at least.
If desmond is alive i bet it will take some acs to bring him suprisingly back, because it would flash us.

Anyway, what about new hint.
Adewales son, grandson eseosas father i mean, no one knows hin yet no information.
They have dealt with france definitly and the skin also looks more dark. Eseosas assassin outfit is also pretty similar.
Find and post.
Eseosa most likely will not appear in the game, he was in Saint-Dominigue the entirety of the French Revolution, BUT...there might a little reference to him since he requests help from the French Assassins sometime during the Revolution..

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 12:01 AM
There's a hint to that in Eseosa's story on initiates. When he receives an invitation from Connor, Eseosa states that Connor has experience with revolutionS.
Uh...did you capitalize the S on purpose? Do we know why it was capitalized yet?

Anyway, I hope he is PHYSICALLY present at some point, either by visiting France or by the Unity protagonist visiting him. I can't see Connor staying away from the colonies for an extended period of time to fight the Revolution himself, but I can see him visiting in a Mentor position like Ezio did in Constantinople.

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 12:01 AM
I mean eseosas father

Not eseosa or his grandfather adewale

Get it ? ;) now lets start speculating

The dates fitting

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Uh...did you capitalize the S on purpose? Do we know why it was capitalized yet?

Anyway, I hope he is PHYSICALLY present at some point, either by visiting France or by the Unity protagonist visiting him. I can't see Connor staying away from the colonies for an extended period of time to fight the Revolution himself, but I can see him visiting in a Mentor position like Ezio did in Constantinople.
I did.

http://i.gyazo.com/11bfc49947e8e6577c3c7b642b7fe82d.png

As far as I know, there was no other Revolution in the US at the time...

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:09 AM
I mean eseosas father

Not eseosa or his grandfather adewale

Get it ? ;) now lets start speculating

The dates fitting
But why Eseosa's father leave his son and the Revolution in their home country to go to France?? and even then, I think Eseosa would have mentioned it too when he talked about the French Assassins in his codex. I think his dad was deceased at this point of Eseosa's life...

silvermercy
adventurewomen, you are starting to frighten me more than that freak silvermercy... :(

No pie for you no more.

SpiritOfNevaeh
Yup, if only the TOKW outfit was in the main game, partly because then I could see more of Connor's stunning defined toned abs, strong arms and amazing broad shoulders Connor's body is perfection... *fans self* I need a minute. :o :eek:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bTd84paIfzk/TZQchtI-RaI/AAAAAAAAARs/ycMTzDa2brE/s1600/santana+fanning+herself.gif

(I don't use gifs normally but this one is appropriate, for feels) :o

Calm down now…. don't get me going lol...

Well, I don't know about signature, it WAS a pretty big post 8P

Just that line ;)

Well said.

The S is most likely on purpose because according to Letters from the Dead, he did say he had experience with more than one revolution… and if it's not the French Revolution, then what? I can't think of any other revolution around that time (1804) that's was significantly important…unless they're throwing us off somewhere.

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 12:11 AM
I did.

As far as I know, there were not other Revolution in the US at the time...
EDIT: SCRATCH THAT

Do we know what year that letter was written in?

I-Like-Pie45
03-25-2014, 12:12 AM
No pie for you no more.

can I at least have some pics?

before I go insane from the tumblr bleeding effect and do myself in like 16 I'd at least like to die with one candle still it

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:14 AM
EDIT: SCRATCH THAT

Do we know what year that letter was written in?
1804 ;)

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Sorry I don't want to scare you but my Tumblr fan girl taking over now,. but this might scare more when I say Connor is HAWT so fine <3

Calm down now…. don't get me going lol...
I'm afraid, I've gone past calming down.. I've started playing TOKW again just so I can try to get Connor out of my mind... well it's not working that much... :o

I'll calm down soon enough, I'm gonna play some missions. :o

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 12:17 AM
1804 ;)
Ohoohohohoooooo :333333kittyfaceomg

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 12:21 AM
I did.

http://i.gyazo.com/11bfc49947e8e6577c3c7b642b7fe82d.png

As far as I know, there was no other Revolution in the US at the time...May as well be just the context of wording/grammar. Don't think anyone would use singular form in a sentence like this. Just like you wouldn't say "I understand he/she has experience with a movie" when talking about someone who did appear in a movie, even if only one. At least from my eperience with English. Native speakers could comment

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 12:24 AM
May as well be just the context of wording/grammar. Don't think anyone would use singular form in a sentence like this. Just like you wouldn't say "I understand he/she has experience with a movie" when talking about someone who did appear in a movie, even if only one. At least from my eperience with English. Native speakers could comment

Your 'eperience' with English seems to be rather limited muhahaha

Sorry couldn't help myself

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:26 AM
May as well be just the context of wording/grammar. Don't think anyone would use singular form in a sentence like this. Just like you wouldn't say "I understand he/she has experience with a movie" when talking about someone who did appear in a movie, even if only one. At least from my eperience with English. Native speakers could comment
The sentence could really be changed to fit singular context. "He participated in a Revolution and has experience" "He experienced a Revolution" "His experiences in the American Revolution..." but i'm not a native speaker, just a smartass :p

Just seems too convenient...1804...revolutions...not holding my breath for him being Protagonist, but I think he'll appear somehow in Unity...why bother even bringing Connor into it at all?? Eseosa's story ends (for now) with him going to Connor and that letter...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 12:29 AM
1804 ;)

Which is why there's people saying that he was in the French Revolution (1789-1799)and had plenty of time to come back home to meet Eseosa (1804).

I'm afraid, I've gone past calming down.. I've started playing TOKW again just so I can try to get Connor out of my mind... well it's not working that much... :o

I'll calm down soon enough, I'm gonna play some missions. :o

Lol I don't blame you… I just might start playing some Connor awesomeness myself soon, these 'conspiracies' are driving me nuts X_X

The sentence could really be changed to fit singular context. "He participated in a Revolution and has experience" "He experienced a Revolution" "His experiences in the American Revolution..." but i'm not a native speaker, just a smartass :p

Just seems too convenient...1804...revolutions...not holding my breath for him being Protagonist, but I think he'll appear somehow in Unity...why bother even bringing Connor into it at all?? Eseosa's story ends (for now) with him going to Connor and that letter...

My thoughts exactly.

silvermercy
03-25-2014, 12:31 AM
I noticed the 'S' in Revolutions at that time and thought it was a bit strange. Another thing that had caught my attention was in the other email where all possible locations for a future game were listed. All of them were written as locations except French Revolution (and, well, Summer of Love. lol)

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 12:32 AM
why bother even bringing Connor into it at all??This series loves "everyone knows everyone and is related to everyone".

Your 'eperience' with English seems to be rather limited muhahaha

Sorry couldn't help myselfGurl typo...

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:35 AM
This series loves "everyone knows everyone and is related to everyone".

They could'v made Adewale as Achilles' dad :p

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 12:36 AM
Lol I don't blame you… I just might start playing some Connor awesomeness myself soon, these 'conspiracies' are driving me nuts X_X

Oh snap! Agreed, I just can't take it no more.. this wait is also driving me nuts. We never know until we have the game with us..

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 12:39 AM
They could'v made Adewale as Achilles' dad :p
Thank god they didn't, like we don't have enough forced connections :nonchalance: They can still make Aveline be Eseosa's mom though, can't they? :rolleyes:

EDIT: although I think Achilles was way too old to be Adewale's son lol
EDIT: oh lol checked the dates, Adewale born 1692, Achilles 1710, perfect age lol

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 12:41 AM
Thank god they didn't, like we don't have enough forced connections :nonchalance: They can still make Aveline be Eseosa's mom though, can't they? :rolleyes:

EDIT: although I think Achilles was way too old to be Adewale's son lol
They can, yeah...but they didnt yet xD

okay, Brother then:p

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 12:47 AM
I noticed the 'S' in Revolutions at that time and thought it was a bit strange. Another thing that had caught my attention was in the other email where all possible locations for a future game were listed. All of them were written as locations except French Revolution (and, well, Summer of Love. lol)

Yeah, I noticed that too, how Ubi said they were just parodying all the eras the fans wanted to play in that letter… and the French Revolution was on that list….. hmm *ponders*.. Like I said, I can't really trust Ubi anymore, maybe they say things to throw fans off (or they have a secret fetish at trolling fans on what is/what isn't going to be in a future game *cough*connorisreallycomingbackbutwecanttellfansth atyetbecausewerehavingtoomuchfuntrollingthemrightn owlol*cough*)

I-Like-Pie45
03-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Just wait for the Summer of Love to be the real setting

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too, how Ubi said they were just parodying all the eras the fans wanted to play in that letter… and the French Revolution was on that list….. hmm *ponders*.. Like I said, I can't really trust Ubi anymore, maybe they say things to throw fans off (or they have a secret fetish at trolling fans on what is/what isn't going to be in a future game *cough*connorisreallycomingbackbutwecanttellfansth atyetbecausewerehavingtoomuchfuntrollingthemrightn owlol*cough*)
Agreed! Ubisoft likes to troll us Connor fans, must be fun like that Ubi Reddit discussion from a few months back about Connor. :(

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 01:24 AM
Ubisoft said there will be no connor, and we wont see edway anymore
Well both at least in no full game or playable characters( dlc or liberation)

who is achilles by the way ?

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 01:24 AM
Agreed! Ubisoft likes to troll us Connor fans, must be fun like that Ubi Reddit discussion from a few months back about Connor. :(

*sudden realization* What if it was really them in disguised and just wanted to see how the fans would react O_O *conspiracy brewing* lol…

How could you forget him??

He was Connor's mentor

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 01:27 AM
*sudden realization* What if it was really them in disguised and just wanted to see how the fans would react O_O *conspiracy brewing* lol…
Very much doubt it, fans always say this when devs say outright 'no'. Most of the cases, when devs work on something that IS coming they will simply not answer a question, or say "can't comment", or "wait and see wink wink". They were very blunt few months ago about no more Raton, going from "tumblr will finish his story" to "better rip the bandage fast than slowly"... :/ IF it happens it won't happen till few more years if they change their minds but at this moment there's no time really to modify Unity or Comet to include Raton in any meaningful way. And slapped-in 5 seconds cameo is hardly what we want

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 01:27 AM
Ubisoft said there will be no connor, and we wont see edway anymore
Well both at least in no full game or playable characters( dlc or liberation)

Have you not played AC3?? Serious question..

*sudden realization* What if it was really them in disguised and just wanted to see how the fans would react O_O *conspiracy brewing* lol...
Agreed, honestly it wouldn't surprise me we know what they are capable of..

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 01:29 AM
http://i.gyazo.com/eb607ec43fc1a61da6dfa38bccd7cdd6.png

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Ahh, i did not play for a long time, im currently at 2 again lol
but what connection is between achilles and adawale ? Do you think its his son ?

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 01:40 AM
but what connection is between achilles and adawale ? Do you think its his son ?
no no no, we were just saying IF Adewale is related to Achilles, they're not actually related xP

Shahkulu101
03-25-2014, 01:45 AM

I hate this. They are just two different people - the only connection your drawing between them is the fact that they are both black. Any other white, black, brown or purple guy could be related to anybody...

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 01:55 AM
You related, i asked :p

Anyway, eseosas father is still anonymous reserved by ubisoft

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 02:09 AM
Very much doubt it, fans always say this when devs say outright 'no'. Most of the cases, when devs work on something that IS coming they will simply not answer a question, or say "can't comment", or "wait and see wink wink". They were very blunt few months ago about no more Raton, going from "tumblr will finish his story" to "better rip the bandage fast than slowly"... :/ IF it happens it won't happen till few more years if they change their minds but at this moment there's no time really to modify Unity or Comet to include Raton in any meaningful way. And slapped-in 5 seconds cameo is hardly what we want

Well, there were many articles about 'he might not be finished, theres much more to tell, you have to wait and see, things change quickly in the future, we hope to do something for him, etc, etc.' along with what you said, a few of them recent… that's why I refused to give up. Ambiguous statements don't cut it anymore :)

Not to mention all the new threads coming out of nowhere about Connor… Ubisoft knows [and hopefully knows] when to take a hint :p

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 02:26 AM
What Darby/Gabe said few months ago was hardly ambiguous.

And if Ubisoft "takes" a hint, it won't be anything more than 5 seconds-cameo because there's no time to develop anything more at this point, OR it will take years before they change/implement new plans for future games

LatinaC09
03-25-2014, 02:47 AM
It would be interesting to see Connor again. I hope we get a cameo or something with him as I (and I'm sure many others) would like to see what happens to him. I'm not sure how I feel about him being present during the French Revolution (seems kind of out of place?) but I really want to know more about his story.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 03:13 AM
It would be interesting to see Connor again. I hope we get a cameo or something with him as I (and I'm sure many others) would like to see what happens to him. I'm not sure how I feel about him being present during the French Revolution (seems kind of out of place?) but I really want to know more about his story.
That's what we were saying on this thread, I mentioned it wouldn't be right for a setting to be forced on to Connor's character it wouldn't be right or give his character the justice he deserves. Yeah Connor fans want a sequel, but we only want one that would give his character the right story.

ze_topazio
03-25-2014, 03:16 AM
... Connor... give his character the justice he deserves.

The guillotine!

:cool:

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 03:18 AM
The guillotine!

Someone beat you to it on YT

"I wonder who's being beheaded?"
"I hope it's Connor"

Also, picky bunch these Connor fans.....like they're in a position to negotiate....TAKE ANYTHING, DAMMIT

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 03:20 AM
The guillotine!

Oh Hell no!! :mad:

lso, picky bunch these Connor fans.....like they're in a position to negotiate....TAKE ANYTHING, DAMMIT
We won't, we just want another Connor game, not so much to ask.

Sometimes M I wonder what side you're on.. Hmm :p

ze_topazio
03-25-2014, 03:28 AM
Someone beat you to it on YT

"I wonder who's being beheaded?"
"I hope it's Connor"

Youtube commentators are too advanced for me, I can't possible compete.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 03:31 AM
Also, picky bunch these Connor fans.....like they're in a position to negotiate....TAKE ANYTHING, DAMMITIf it's a choice between rather useless 5-seconds cameo and nothing, then I will take nothing. Tiny cameo won't move the character arc forward. I would rather indeed write my own fanfic on my Tumblr that I don't have lol

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 03:33 AM

Sometimes M I wonder what side you're on.. Hmm :p
No, you want another Connor game, with a setting that makes sense for Connor, that does him justice and concludes his story...so picky, you are...just say "we want Ezio" and Ubi will give you Connor...confuse them, it works..

I'm on the right side of the couch...

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 03:37 AM
If it's a choice between rather useless 5-seconds cameo and nothing, then I will take nothing. Tiny cameo won't move the character arc forward. I would rather indeed write my own fanfic on my Tumblr that I don't have lol
How is it possible to even make him appear in a 5 second cameo?? 5 seconds?? xD

something like this?
http://i.gyazo.com/b4bdaff8f48d0ff7f3747dbe3d6c5fb3.gif

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 03:44 AM
If it's a choice between rather useless 5-seconds cameo and nothing, then I will take nothing. Tiny cameo won't move the character arc forward. I would rather indeed write my own fanfic on my Tumblr that I don't have lol
Totally agreed! Nothing short of a story is something we're getting used to for Connor. When Connor had a cameo appearance in Liberation that didn't move Connor's character arc along. I suspect if Connor were to make a cameo appearance in Unity then the same thing would happen little or no character development. Connor is a warrior in his games with all these cameo appearances he would become a supporting cast, that that's not the type of role that suits him. Connor's character is immense he does deserve his own game if he were to appear again. As for now idk, I'd like to see him again but only for the right reasons and a story that would give his character justice.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 03:51 AM
No, you want another Connor game, with a setting that makes sense for Connor, that does him justice and concludes his story...so picky, you are...just say "we want Ezio" and Ubi will give you Connor...confuse them, it works..

I'm on the right side of the couch...
Indeed you are on the right side of the couch... ;)

I've wrote "WE WANT CONNOR" so many times, but it doesn't appear to get through to Ubi :(

How is it possible to even make him appear in a 5 second cameo?? 5 seconds?? xD

something like this?
http://i.gyazo.com/b4bdaff8f48d0ff7f3747dbe3d6c5fb3.gif
LOL

Well don't want to see Connor in that way.. maybe something else more uhmm. ;)

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 03:51 AM
TBH I'm taking what I can get.

I feel connor will probably get something via DLC in AC: Unity and that's it.

Then eventually his own game. But it'll be like a secondary game or a vita game because Ubisoft would pull that.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 03:52 AM
What Darby/Gabe said few months ago was hardly ambiguous.

And if Ubisoft "takes" a hint, it won't be anything more than 5 seconds-cameo because there's no time to develop anything more at this point, OR it will take years before they change/implement new plans for future games

Trust me, I'm in no way telling them to rush and either with a AC3 glitch related outcome or "here, a five minute cameo, now leave us alone" thing.... I am willing to wait as long as I don't encounter a "nope, fooled ya" at the end.

That's what we were saying on this thread, I mentioned it wouldn't be right for a setting to be forced on to Connor's character it wouldn't be right or give his character the justice he deserves. Yeah Connor fans want a sequel, but we only want one that would give his character the right story.

Agreed.

The guillotine!

Soup Nazi voice: You're pushing your lucky little man e_e

Also, picky bunch these Connor fans.....like they're in a position to negotiate....TAKE ANYTHING, DAMMIT

Noooooooo! The signature! M, how could you? *cries*

And no, we're not picky, we just want what he wants - Justice! :)

Cameos never do a good character justice IMO; Don't try me Ubisoft...

No, you want another Connor game, with a setting that makes sense for Connor, that does him justice and concludes his story...

Exactly. It's not that hard to do - just get good writers, some time, and we're all set :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 03:55 AM
I've wrote "WE WANT CONNOR" so many times, but it doesn't appear to get through to Ubi :(

In time they will... if they know what's good for them ... muhahahha!

Connor's character is immense he does deserve his own game if he were to appear again. As for now idk, I'd like to see him again but only for the right reasons and a story that would give his character justice.

Definitely.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 03:55 AM
TBH I'm taking what I can get.

I feel connor will probably get something via DLC in AC: Unity and that's it.

Then eventually his own game. But it'll be like a secondary game or a vita game because Ubisoft would pull that.
I guess that would be the way to settle, but still would be disappointed nonetheless and many of Connor's fanbase would most likely be upset with Ubisoft.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 04:00 AM
I guess that would be the way to settle, but still would be disappointed nonetheless and many of Connor's fanbase would most likely be upset with Ubisoft.

Not to mention start an angry mob and then they'll say "oh crap, what have we done, we should've done a full game for him..."

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 04:00 AM
Noooooooo! The signature! M, how could you? *cries*

Hahahahahahahaha, yes..CRY..Connor sucks, you'll never see him again HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....ha

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 04:03 AM
Hahahahahahahaha, yes..CRY..Connor sucks, you'll never see him again HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....ha

Connor fans UNITE! *all Connor fans form a transformer sized Connor* Charge!

J/k lol... it's okay, no one will know your secret but us fans ;)

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 04:08 AM
In time they will... if they know what's good for them ... muhahahha!

Definitely.
I hope so, if not I'm throwing my Tomahawk in rage! :(

Not to mention start an angry mob and then they'll say "oh crap, what have we done, we should've done a full game for him..."
Agreed! Yeah! There would be mobs of angry Connor fans! :D

I love that the fact that we Connor fans ae so much more dedicated to our favourite Assassin unlike Ezio fans - they got lazy over time after 3 games ;)

Don't worry 'bout M he's trollin' but, he's a nice guy known him for a while here. :)

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 04:13 AM
I love how lots of people really love or really hate connor. Adds an interesting contrast.

I'm actually indifferent towards him. Like him as a character and would love to play as him again but he is a very flawed character. But Ubisoft made him flawed on purpose so it's ok with me.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Don't worry 'bout M he's trollin' but, he's a nice guy known him for a while here. :)

I know :) He's so funny.

Then there must be a another reason why he's not a forum manager with all those posts lol...

rprkjj
03-25-2014, 04:18 AM
I trust the Arnaud leak enough to believe Connor will be in Unity in some capacity. Hopefully we'll get to know more about his life after AC3, and get to see how he's changed since then.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 04:20 AM
I love how lots of people really love or really hate connor. Adds an interesting contrast.

I'm actually indifferent towards him. Like him as a character and would love to play as him again but he is a very flawed character. But Ubisoft made him flawed on purpose so it's ok with me.
Indeed, Connor is a character you'd either love or you hate. Even using hate and Connor in the same sentence is difficult, because it's really hard to hate him even after all he went through. Flawed characters make the most interesting, a perfect character is boring, there isn't much development in a perfect character.

Then there must be a another reason why he's not a forum manager with all those posts lol...
Yeah he is! I know right he should be! :D

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 04:34 AM
I trust the Arnaud leak enough to believe Connor will be in Unity in some capacity. Hopefully we'll get to know more about his life after AC3, and get to see how he's changed since then.
That's not from recent Unity/Arnaud leak. It comes from fan-made Erudito-like code that was based on GAF Unity title leak (from a year ago) + Yoyonoa's own personal speculation

I-Like-Pie45
03-25-2014, 04:54 AM
How about you start your letters to Ubi with...

Dear Darby/Yves/Corey/Gabe/etc....

I have your mom/son/wife/doggie/etc...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 04:59 AM

Muhahaha... our last resort :p

breakdownthewall
03-25-2014, 04:59 AM
I just completed reading Forsaken and even though it's pretty clear that Connor's story hasn't ended, I find it interesting how the book ends. Perhaps it is there way of assuring us that we will see Connor in the future.

I dropped the amulet into the hole and then, as the sun began to go down, I shoveled dirt on top of it until it was hidden and then I turned and left.
Full of hope for the future, I returned to my people, to the Assassins. It was time for new blood.
Just like others I am very confident that we'll see more of Connor, but when exactly is that going to happen?! and in what form will we see him?
I'd be more excited for Unity if it gets confirmed that Connor makes an appearance in the game or is playable, and to me that seems very likely.
If not an appearance in Unity, than maybe in the 2nd unannounced AC game that comes out this year for last-gen consoles *fingers crossed*.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 05:05 AM
I just completed reading Forsaken and even though it's pretty clear that Connor's story hasn't ended, I find it interesting how the book ends. Perhaps it is there way of assuring us that we will see Connor in the future.

I dropped the amulet into the hole and then, as the sun began to go down, I shoveled dirt on top of it until it was hidden and then I turned and left.
Full of hope for the future, I returned to my people, to the Assassins. It was time for new blood.
Just like others I am very confident that we'll see more of Connor, but when exactly is that going to happen?! and in what form will we see him?
I'd be more excited for Unity if it gets confirmed that Connor makes an appearance in the game or is playable, and to me that seems very likely.
If not an appearance in Unity, than maybe in the 2nd unannounced AC game that comes out this year for last-gen consoles *fingers crossed*.

Omg, I need to read that book! I'm such a procrastinator! *hope renewed* Thanks!

Ubisoft just needs some time, that's all. They better not be putting that in there (as well as other relatable hints) to just be leading us on to nothing.

Or even if it's a future game... I'm sure Ubi is not making these the two last games ever of AC..

In time... in time...

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Not so much...just a few years of resource dedication, thousands of employees working full time, and millions of dollars :p

breakdownthewall
03-25-2014, 05:12 AM
Omg, I need to read that book! I'm such a procrastinator! *hope renewed* Thanks!

You won't be disappointed if you do!

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 05:16 AM
Not so much...just a few years of resource dedication, thousands of employees working full time, and millions of dollars :p

Lol, AC is the most successful franchise of their company, I'm sure they'll manage ;)

... heck, they can hire me! I LOVE doing research, especially on things that interest me :)

Radman500
03-25-2014, 06:05 AM
would Arno/Arnauld like Connor coming to France and running his own show.... Arno probably has great respect for Connor, and knows of his exploits during the American Rev..but he might not like Connor coming to France and questioning his authority on things

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 06:21 AM
would Arno/Arnauld like Connor coming to France and running his own show.... Arno probably has great respect for Connor, and knows of his exploits during the American Rev..but he might not like Connor coming to France and questioning his authority on things
You're assuming that Connor would come and flaunt his authority on anyone AND you're assuming Arnaud is the mentor of the french Assassins AND assuming that Arnaud wouldn't like Connor's input, since he has experience...

Two things...Ezio and Yusuf...Yusuf was the leader of the Turkish Assassins. Ezio didnt flaunt his authority as mentor, he respected Yusuf's leadership and gave input when necessary. Yusuf was the same way..

and besides ALL of that, why not?? why shouldn't there be friction between the 2?? you're saying that since Arnaud wouldn't like that, then it cannot happen...which is silly..I think it could be pretty awesome and explore a new layer of Connor's personality AND open up new doors for narrative and plot points...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 06:52 AM
You're assuming that Connor would come and flaunt his authority on anyone AND you're assuming Arnaud is the mentor of the french Assassins AND assuming that Arnaud wouldn't like Connor's input, since he has experience...

Two things...Ezio and Yusuf...Yusuf was the leader of the Turkish Assassins. Ezio didnt flaunt his authority as mentor, he respected Yusuf's leadership and gave input when necessary. Yusuf was the same way..

and besides ALL of that, why not?? why shouldn't there be friction between the 2?? you're saying that since Arnaud wouldn't like that, then it cannot happen...which is silly..I think it could be pretty awesome and explore a new layer of Connor's personality AND open up new doors for narrative and plot points...

Now there's a way of thinking about it.

Calvarok
03-25-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm excited for whatever Connor cameo there might be, but I'm not looking forward to the whining from Connor-haters. Hopefully his appearance is awesome and converts some of them to the one true path.

I think my ideal appearance would be a DLC where you actually play as him accepting the Marquis' invitation, and you end up going on an adventure totally separate from the main story. Kinda like how Freedom Cry brought you to a more or less different environment and never overtly referenced the main game or cameo'd Edward in it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 08:29 AM
I'm excited for whatever Connor cameo there might be, but I'm not looking forward to the whining from Connor-haters. Hopefully his appearance is awesome and converts some of them to the one true path.

I think my ideal appearance would be a DLC where you actually play as him accepting the Marquis' invitation, and you end up going on an adventure totally separate from the main story. Kinda like how Freedom Cry brought you to a more or less different environment and never overtly referenced the main game or cameo'd Edward in it.

Agreed.

Consus_E
03-25-2014, 09:01 AM
I just hope they do his character justice. I don't want to see Connor randomly thrown into more historical events that he doesn't need to take part in... At most I'm expecting his inclusion to be limited to letters, perhaps a few mentions of the Colonial Mentor "Connor of Davenport." And I highly doubt that we will get to play as him.

Calvarok
03-25-2014, 09:20 AM
I just hope they do his character justice. I don't want to see Connor randomly thrown into more historical events that he doesn't need to take part in... At most I'm expecting his inclusion to be limited to letters, perhaps a few mentions of the Colonial Mentor "Connor of Davenport." And I highly doubt that we will get to play as him.
Ubisoft has started treating their DLC as a totally different compressed version of the full game. I would expect that to stay a thing, and they know that a lot of the type of fans who will buy DLC would love another Connor game, however small. I felt like Freedom Cry was pretty big for it's price and being a DLC, actually.

As for historical events, I really don't feel like Connor was unrealistically involved with things. There were plenty of important events he wasn't around for, and most of the plot revolves around events that Ubisoft invented. The only reason people see it as particularly egregious is that we're not as familiar with the specifics of the history of older and less fictionally documented times and places.

Consus_E
03-25-2014, 10:04 AM
As for historical events, I really don't feel like Connor was unrealistically involved with things. There were plenty of important events he wasn't around for, and most of the plot revolves around events that Ubisoft invented. The only reason people see it as particularly egregious is that we're not as familiar with the specifics of the history of older and less fictionally documented times and places.

Really? I thought they included him in way too many things (why did he have to watch the founding fathers sign the Declaration of Independence?)

avk111
03-25-2014, 10:06 AM
I have a feeling Connor will make an appearence as a mystic mentor , same as Taba or the mentor from AC:BF.

However Connor will be a mentor on a stick doing the teaching and lectures instead of actual field work, maybe the writers will decide that he was badly injured in AC3 events however he still supports the brotherhood

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 10:24 AM
The only events where Connor looked really out of place, I think, is Declaration of Independence and Battle of Chesapeake.

Now, stuff like Revere's ride and the whole Lexington/Concord situation could be handled better in terms of design, but I don't feel like it's out of the ordinary - John Pitcairn commanded the armies and was an active participant of those events, while Battle of Chesapeake... We do it to meet yet another of the hundreds of historical figures from the game and participate in the event, the final result - that being siege of Fort George, could be done with the Aquila alone I feel.

And after Bunker Hill (sequence 7) we don't have any historical levels until the very end of sequence 10 (well... you might or might not count Declaration of Independence as a historical level, I suppose?), so the overall density is not THAT high.

avk111
03-25-2014, 10:27 AM
The only events where Connor looked really out of place, I think, is Declaration of Independence and Battle of Chesapeake.

Now, stuff like Revere's ride and the whole Lexington/Concord situation could be handled better in terms of design, but I don't feel like it's out of the ordinary - John Pitcairn commanded the armies and was an active participant of those events, while Battle of Chesapeake... We do it to meet yet another of the hundreds of historical figures from the game and participate in the event, the final result - that being siege of Fort George, could be done with the Aquila alone I feel.

And after Bunker Hill (sequence 7) we don't have any historical levels until the very end of sequence 10 (well... you might or might not count Declaration of Independence as a historical level, I suppose?), so the overall density is not THAT high.

I quite like it actually , shows how involved he was in the future created today for that country.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 11:18 AM

Muhahaha... our last resort :p
Haha! Yeah our last resort. :D

Agreed!!

I just loved Connor's epilogue speech! If only it was at the end of AC3 then more fans would understand him, instead of criticizing him at any given moment.

Love Noah's voice here <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g59vyPocZQQ

I have to say this, I loved Ellen! She was into Connor, I just prefer Ellen more than Dobby.

Ubisoft just needs some time, that's all. They better not be putting that in there (as well as other relatable hints) to just be leading us on to nothing.

Or even if it's a future game... I'm sure Ubi is not making these the two last games ever of AC..

In time... in time...
Agreed! They do need time, I honestly don't mind if that takes years, just so we know Connor's story will be done right!

Ha! Realistically yes! Ubisoft has all of these resources..

Lol, AC is the most successful franchise of their company, I'm sure they'll manage ;)

... heck, they can hire me! I LOVE doing research, especially on things that interest me :)
Agreed! They'll manage!

I'll join you I'm sure they'l need another consultant :)

Totally agreed! From what I've experienced the Connor haters are mostly Ezio fans.

I just hope they do his character justice...
If you have been following this thread, we've talked about that and that is the most important thing is the right story for Connor.

Well said! Agreed!

Really? I thought they included him in way too many things (why did he have to watch the founding fathers sign the Declaration of Independence?)

It's known fact that there was a Mysterious Man at the Delectation of Independence, I loved that Ubisoft included that mystery when they place Connor at the Delectation of Independence.

As for Battle of Chesapeake that was a natural event that in game that Connor would have been at, since after the Revolution his actions were needed at Chesapeake.

I have a feeling Connor will make an appearence as a mystic mentor , same as Taba or the mentor from AC:BF.
In Unity Connor would only be 29 - 30 that's way too young for him, I'd imagine Connor giving advice to new Assassins at that age and becoming a mentor at a much older age.

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 11:28 AM
It's known fact that there was a Mysterious Man at the Delectation of Independence, I loved that Ubisoft included that mystery when they place Connor at the Delectation of Independence.

It doesn't make sense from character and plot flow perspective.

George runs off to Philadelphia instead of talking to the man who saved his life. We go to Philadelphia to talk to George, but don't actually do that until half a year later at Valley Forge. Declaration of Independence was there just because it's an iconic event, even though its absence wouldn't have changed anything.

As for Battle of Chesapeake that was a natural event that in game that Connor would have been at, since after the Revolution his actions were needed at Chesapeake.

How is it natural? He goes to the battle for his own personal purposes which could be satisfied with the ship he already has (which, btw, has won battles against whole forts more than once before). He needed a distraction to get in Fort George in New York, kill Lee, and get out. But to do so he makes a deal with a character we hear about for the first time, see only once, and... basically, there's nothing natural from the storytelling perspective in Connor's presence at the battle.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-25-2014, 12:04 PM
It would be fine if it was one of the few history-connected events. But they went completly overboard in AC3 inserting the assassins into everything. Assassins responsible for "winning" Boston tea party, assassins involved in "first shot" in Boston Massacre, assassins making sure Paul Revere delivers the message, assassins "signing" the Decleration of Independence, assassins "win" Chesapeake, Bunker Hills, Monmouth, Lexington & Concord, etc etc. This is just way too much, not to mention that obviously having the real history "dictate" the plot doesn't help the actual fictional plot

And it' exaclty what I fear will happen in ACU and French Rev...

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
It would be fine if it was one of the few history-connected events. But they went completly overboard in AC3 inserting the assassins into everything. Assassins responsible for "winning" Boston tea party, assassins involved in "first shot" in Boston Massacre, assassins making sure Paul Revere delivers the message, assassins "signing" the Decleration of Independence, assassins "win" Chesapeake, Bunker Hills, Monmouth, Lexington & Concord, etc etc. This is just way too much, not to mention that obviously having the real history "dictate" the plot doesn't help the actual fictional plot

And it' exaclty what I fear will happen in ACU and French Rev...

History dictating plot isn't necessarily bad.

Connor's participation in the Tea Party makes sense from character and plot perspective (and his goals: take care of Johnson).
Connor's participation in the events that begin the revolution make sense from character and plot perspective (and his goals: the Templar Pitcairn). The implementation is a bit problematic (TURN RIGHT HERE, CONNOR!!! WE'RE ON THE RIGHT COURSE!!! QUICK, COMMAND THESE MEN WHEN TO FIRE!!!!), but the presence is not.

But then there are things like Battle of Chesapeake. Connor's goal is not the revolution anymore, it's just to get to Lee and he's got means to do so, and yet he goes on a deal the conditions of which are a participation in a historical event. Whaaaa?!?!

Sushiglutton
03-25-2014, 12:52 PM
If he is in the game I realy hope they keep it a secret for his fans to discover. Maybe he could be imprisoned in the Bastille or something and we are given a mission to save a mysterios assassin there. Jaws would drop ;)!

SixKeys
03-25-2014, 12:56 PM
If he is in the game I realy hope they keep it a secret for his fans to discover. Maybe he could be imprisoned in the Bastille or something and we are given a mission to save a mysterios assassin there. Jaws would drop ;)!

This I could get behind. If Connor were to make an appearance, make it a clever little cameo, not a full-on co-op mission.

KingNova7
03-25-2014, 01:00 PM
I reallly hope its Connor. I still firmly believe that Conner got screwed over in his own game. Took 7 hours average to get that dude in his assassin suit. Horrible story pacing throughout BECAUSE of their weird need to promote Haytham. and seemingly desire to make the longest build-up as possible.

Mr_Shade
03-25-2014, 01:02 PM

Sorry to say, post count does not get you a job with Ubisoft ;)

LatinaC09
03-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Totally agreed! Nothing short of a story is something we're getting used to for Connor. When Connor had a cameo appearance in Liberation that didn't move Connor's character arc along. I suspect if Connor were to make a cameo appearance in Unity then the same thing would happen little or no character development. Connor is a warrior in his games with all these cameo appearances he would become a supporting cast, that that's not the type of role that suits him. Connor's character is immense he does deserve his own game if he were to appear again. As for now idk, I'd like to see him again but only for the right reasons and a story that would give his character justice.

Maybe the new assassin could go to America for a short period of time or start the game in America because it's the end of the Revolution there. He could be there with Connor in the beginning for a short time and then travel back to his home in France. (just speculation) It's really one of the only ways Connor would make sense in the game.

brodenhar
03-25-2014, 02:21 PM
I don't know why some folks are adamant that Connor would be out of place in France. He is already bilingual, so learning another language would not be a struggle for him, and he could easily have left the US to live in French Canada where he could learn and become proficient with the French language. There is already a link to France through Lafayette, who is the single most important link between the American and French Revolutions. Lafayette tried to maintain order in France, but became an enemy of the Jacobins (perhaps synonymous with Assassins?). My point is that there is a historical window of opportunity to cast Lafayette as a key antagonist in the story and Lafayette has a prior link to Connor.

I think Connor would fit perfectly in France. Ten years can change a man and I think it would be good to see how Connor matures as a man and an assassin.

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 02:33 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/140/9/7/connor_watts_by_morie91-d62d25u.jpg

he will be there for sure, dont worry now stop

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 02:33 PM
You lot better not get your hopes up too high for Connor otherwise you will just be dissapointed in the game if it turns out he's not in it.

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 02:40 PM
sorry, didn't read the entire thread, so if this is re-hash, i appologize.....anyway, i'd love to see conner in this one. i really don't get the conner hate i see on this forum tbh. it'd be cool to see conner jump in from a roof top to save our protagonist before introducing himself as an assassin. seems like it'd be a natural fit for him to mentor arno, maybe as an apprentice, or guide for the french branch of the assassins. i guess he'd be in his 40's at this time though, so i don't' know if he'd be doing much fighting, we have seen ezio do as much though so who knows? seemed like he would have been compelled to continue the brotherhood because of what achilles did for him....and the name unity seems to lend itself to the american and french branches of the assassins joining forces. franch and the u.s. had a lot to do with each others revolutions, with prominent figures working on each others behalf. i'd like to think of arno as a brash bourgeoisie class man with strong enlightenment ideals. probably a little reckless and violent...untill his skills are honed through training with conner.

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't know why some folks are adamant that Connor would be out of place in France. He is already bilingual, so learning another language would not be a struggle for him, and he could easily have left the US to live in French Canada where he could learn and become proficient with the French language. There is already a link to France through Lafayette, who is the single most important link between the American and French Revolutions. Lafayette tried to maintain order in France, but became an enemy of the Jacobins (perhaps synonymous with Assassins?). My point is that there is a historical window of opportunity to cast Lafayette as a key antagonist in the story and Lafayette has a prior link to Connor.

I think Connor would fit perfectly in France. Ten years can change a man and I think it would be good to see how Connor matures as a man and an assassin.

Wow!.. That is some of the best ideas I've actually heard in a while, it actually does sound plausible. The fact that Connor is the captain of the Aquila, it's not easy to rule out the possibility that he could have escorted other naval vessels- just as he had done with the Bella Donna in AC3. The thing that is conflicting with Connor being in France is that in AC3, he was shoe laced into a lot events that he didn't fit into like the Declaration of Independence and Battle of Chesapeake. Having Connor involved during the French Revolution kind of does sound like shoe lacing him into things again. The reason why people are adamant is because they do not want Connor to just make a cameo appearance or to be in ACU just for the sake of it. They want him to be in a full game whereby the story and the plot is only focused on him.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 02:54 PM
sorry, didn't read the entire thread, so if this is re-hash, i appologize.....anyway, i'd love to see conner in this one. i really don't get the conner hate i see on this forum tbh. it'd be cool to see conner jump in from a roof top to save our protagonist before introducing himself as an assassin. seems like it'd be a natural fit for him to mentor arno, maybe as an apprentice, or guide for the french branch of the assassins. i guess he'd be in his 40's at this time though, so i don't' know if he'd be doing much fighting, we have seen ezio do as much though so who knows? seemed like he would have been compelled to continue the brotherhood because of what achilles did for him....and the name unity seems to lend itself to the american and french branches of the assassins joining forces. franch and the u.s. had a lot to do with each others revolutions, with prominent figures working on each others behalf. i'd like to think of arno as a brash bourgeoisie class man with strong enlightenment ideals. probably a little reckless and violent...untill his skills are honed through training with conner.
Connor doesn't have an e in his name. :eek:

But anyway I do agree with you, however on this forum you'll find more people who appreciate Connor. :)

FYI: Connor was only 27 at the end of AC3... Unity Connor would be 29 - 30 or few years being 30.. that's if he were to make a cameo.. he would still be a young man.

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Wow!.. That is some of the best ideas I've actually heard in a while, it actually does sound plausible. The fact that Connor is the captain of the Aquila, it's not easy to rule out the possibility that he could have escorted other naval vessels- just as he had done with the Bella Donna in AC3. The thing that is conflicting with Connor being in France is that in AC3, he was shoe laced into a lot events that he didn't fit into like the Declaration of Independence and Battle of Chesapeake. Having Connor involved during the French Revolution kind of does sound like shoe lacing him into things again. The reason why people are adamant is because they do not want Connor to just make a cameo appearance or to be in ACU just for the sake of it. They want him to be in a full game whereby the story and the plot is only focused on him.

i somehow forgot about the aquila. that would be a good asset for the assassins to have. i could see conner being in the game, but having more of the role that achilles played. if not that, than maybe something along the lines of what we saw in rev with altair. I really don't feel like he would be shoe horned in being as these two games take place so close to one another. I acctually think it'd be somewhat sloppy not to have him be involved in some fashion. He's the mentor of the american assassins and to think he'd have no interest in what was going on with the assassins across the atlantic is a stretch. esspecially since its a similar fight for freedom, rights or man, that he just went through himself. i feel like conner would have a strong need to help those fighting the same struggle he has, its been his motivation his whole life...I think at some time they have to address the fact that conner at this point has no kids (or did i miss something? while i think it'd be cool if our new protag was a woman, and she hooks up with conner...we've already established that we don't need the desmond line any more as the only source of animus fodder.

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Connor doesn't have an e in his name. :eek:

But anyway I do agree with you, however on this forum you'll find more people who appreciate Connor. :)

In Unity Connor would be 29 - 30 or few years being 30.. that's if he were to make a cameo.. he would still be a young man.

ha! i remember typing 'conner' in the ac wiki and not coming up with anything...i was like 'huh?'....
anyway..says he was born in 1756...so during the french rev in the 1790's he'd be upper 30's-low 40's...so yeah, thats actually prime assassinating time! wasn't ezio bout that old in brohood?
i'm actually in my second playthrough of ac3...and i like connor more this time around than last time. forgot how great the combat is in this game too...i hope they go back to this style.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 04:32 PM

I reallly hope its Connor. I still firmly believe that Conner got screwed over in his own game. Took 7 hours average to get that dude in his assassin suit. Horrible story pacing throughout BECAUSE of their weird need to promote Haytham. and seemingly desire to make the longest build-up as possible.

Agreed!

Sorry to say, post count does not get you a job with Ubisoft ;)

Lol, noted :)

Maybe the new assassin could go to America for a short period of time or start the game in America because it's the end of the Revolution there. He could be there with Connor in the beginning for a short time and then travel back to his home in France. (just speculation) It's really one of the only ways Connor would make sense in the game.

There's an idea :p

xecqtor
03-25-2014, 04:34 PM
well i just typed that conneur because of french accent
funyy that your not smart enough to realize that :D

just put that and stop bashing wanting connor, he will be definitly in at least one of the upcoming games
we can bet

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 04:44 PM
well i just typed that conneur because of french accent
funyy that your not smart enough to realize that :D

just put that and stop bashing wanting connor, he will be definitly in at least one of the upcoming games
we can bet

Amen to that :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Hmm.... You know....

I was thinking about starting a thread about collecting any Connor fans letter/rants/requests/etc and sending them directly to Ubisoft a.k.a. the people involved with game development and such, instead of just me sending my own (the more voices, the better) even though the letter is long enough :) ... any thoughts?

RoBg03
03-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Hmm.... You know....

I was thinking about starting a thread about collecting any Connor fans letter/rants/requests/etc and sending them directly to Ubisoft a.k.a. the people involved with game development and such, instead of just me sending my own (the more voices, the better) even though the letter is long enough :) ... any thoughts?

start a thread "fan ideas for connor in unity' or something similar. i think they read the boards. they say they don't cater to fans but i think they consider fan thoughts a lot

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 06:11 PM
If Connor's in Unity he's in Unity, if he's not in Unity then he's not in Unity, and nothing's going to change because the game has got 7-8 months left before release, and normal inclusion of such character is not exactly what you can do in such a period of time in a game like this.

BATISTABUS
03-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Hmm.... You know....

http://wolfkininitiative.co.vu/

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 06:14 PM
start a thread "fan ideas for connor in unity' or something similar. i think they read the boards. they say they don't cater to fans but i think they consider fan thoughts a lot

They do read the boards and say they take fans' thoughts pretty seriously, which we all appreciate. However, if it turns out that they don't have Connor in Unity, then the fans will have no choice but to bother them again.

But that is a good idea to start giving Ubisoft some ideas on how Connor's story should continue if they need ideas. :)

brodenhar
03-25-2014, 06:15 PM

Yeah, I meant to mention the Aquila connection. It doesn't make sense to me that a guy would spend time and money to renovate a ship, fight naval battles and secure trade routes, become a superior ship captain and yet live out the rest of his years as a land-lubbing hermit. Once you get the sea in your blood, it's there forever. It makes perfect sense that Connor would branch out and explore the world in search of the Templars, or perhaps in search of the apples. He is the perfect protagonist in so many ways. Connor in France? Jump on Aquila. Connor in Japan? Jump on Aquila.

Didn't I read somewhere that the developers intended to continue with the naval aspect of the game? Can you say "Connor Trilogy"? :D

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Didn't I read somewhere that the developers intended to continue with the naval aspect of the game? Can you say "Connor Trilogy"? :D
With all due respect.. a Connor trilogy would be a bit too much for Connor - I don't want to see his character end up like Ezio in Revelations he became boring has been.

I love Connor, I'm a huge fan he's my favourite.. but I just don't want to see that happen to him, only a deserving storyline that would give his character the justice he deserves.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 06:34 PM
With all due respect.. a Connor trilogy would be a bit too much for Connor - I don't want to see his character end up like Ezio in Revelations he became boring has been.

I love Connor, I'm a huge fan he's my favourite.. but I just don't want to see that happen to him, only a deserving storyline that would give his character the justice he deserves.

Yeah, even the hardcore fans know that a trilogy would work the character to death and we don't want that... he's too good for that :p

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 06:36 PM
If Connor's in Unity he's in Unity, if he's not in Unity then he's not in Unity, and nothing's going to change because the game has got 7-8 months left before release, and normal inclusion of such character is not exactly what you can do in such a period of time in a game like this.
Besides, wouldn't want to shoehorn him in needlessly...if he fits in their story then great, if not then so be it..

TheHumanTowel
03-25-2014, 06:37 PM
How dare you say such things about Connor! You obviously don't understand him and love Ezio. By my estimation we need three people to send Ubisoft letters and then they'll cancel production on all the assassin's creed games in development and make them all about Connor. Stop hating! The fans have spoken Ezio-lover!

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Yeah, even the hardcore fans know that a trilogy would work the character to death and we don't want that... he's too good for that :p
Totally Agreed! Connor is too good for a trilogy!

Even Noah said himself he wouldn't want a trology for Connor in his Assassin Den Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU1KeUWEVa4

It's somewhere half way where Noah mentions that.

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 06:39 PM

I hope people read the last 2 sentences of my comment. :)

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Ezio-lover!
Mohamed the Taxi driver?

ze_topazio
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
I hope Altair has a cameo, at the beginning of the French revolution he was only 624 years old, it could totally work.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 06:46 PM
How dare you say such things about Connor! You obviously don't understand him and love Ezio. By my estimation we need three people to send Ubisoft letters and then they'll cancel production on all the assassin's creed games in development and make them all about Connor. Stop hating! The fans have spoken Ezio-lover!

Lol... Ezio fans have a problem letting go I guess... Leave him be :P

I hope people read the last 2 sentences of my comment. :)

In the bold:

Of course!

Totally Agreed! Connor is too good for a trilogy!

Even Noah said himself he wouldn't want a trology for Connor in his Assassin Den Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU1KeUWEVa4

It's somewhere half way where Noah mentions that.

Yeah I remember that, and he also said he wanted at least one more game with him... You hear that, Ubi? :P

Totally XD

TheHumanTowel
03-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Lol... Ezio fans have a problem letting go I guess... Leave him be :P

No all Ezio fans should be banned because they're all TROLLS and HATERS. Who cares about the new setting or new assassin? The only thing that matters is whether CONNOR will be in the game. (I only type CONNOR in all caps out of respect for him)

Templar_Az
03-25-2014, 07:08 PM
No all Ezio fans should be banned because they're all TROLLS and HATERS. Who cares about the new setting or new assassin? The only thing that matters is whether CONNOR will be in the game. (I only type CONNOR in all caps out of respect for him)

I totally agree with you. Anyway I hope the new protaganist is like Ezio :D

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 07:11 PM

I'm surprised at your new found appreciation of Connor, in the past you said you hated Connor...

Yeah I remember that, and he also said he wanted at least one more game with him... You hear that, Ubi? :P
Totally XD
Damn right Ubi better listen up!!

You're right what you said about Ezio fans, they just can't let him go but they have become lazy since they had all those games for Ezio - 4 if you include AC Discovery.

brodenhar
03-25-2014, 07:12 PM
I see a world of difference between Ezio and Connor. Ezio matured a good bit in 2 and his personality peaked in Brotherhood. Connor had very little character development in the main story, mainly because the writers seemed intent to tell the story of a birth of a nation more than the maturation of an assassin. They have a lot of work cut out for them if they think they can complete Connor's story in one more title.

The fact is, Connor deserves much more than he's been given up to this point.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 07:13 PM
I totally agree with you. Anyway I hope the new protaganist is like Ezio :D
No thanks! We've had enough of Ezio, I disliked him and hated his womanizing habits! Urgh! :eek:

TheHumanTowel
03-25-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm surprised at your new found appreciation of Connor, in the past you said you hated Connor...

How can you even say that? You're obviously not a real CONNOR fan....CONNOR would never question another person's fandom. Go away Ezio-troll.

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 07:17 PM

Since the things you're quoting were directed at me, I think I can safely say that there's this thing called sarcasm ;)

LatinaC09
03-25-2014, 07:18 PM
No thanks! We've had enough of Ezio, I disliked him and hated his womanizing habits! Urgh! :eek:

I liked Ezio but 3 games was too much. I loved AC2 so much but when Brotherhood and Revelations came out, I was somewhat disappointed. I felt like I was playing a DLC add on for AC2. When AC3 came out, it turned me into a mega fan of the series lol

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 07:20 PM
We should start the sarcasm courses..

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 07:21 PM

Lolz

I see a world of difference between Ezio and Connor. Ezio matured a good bit in 2 and his personality peaked in Brotherhood. Connor had very little character development in the main story, mainly because the writers seemed intent to tell the story of a birth of a nation more than the maturation of an assassin. They have a lot of work cut out for them if they think they can complete Connor's story in one more title.

The fact is, Connor deserves much more than he's been given up to this point.

I liked Ezio but 3 games was too much. I loved AC2 so much but when Brotherhood and Revelations came out, I was somewhat disappointed. I felt like I was playing a DLC add on for AC2. When AC3 came out, it turned me into a mega fan of the series lol

Agreed.

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 07:21 PM

Maybe I should just embrace my newfound personality as an Ezio fanboy?

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 07:28 PM
How can you even say that? You're obviously not a real CONNOR fan....CONNOR would never question another person's fandom. Go away Ezio-troll.
Haha!

Since the things you're quoting were directed at me, I think I can safely say that there's this thing called sarcasm ;)
I know that my comment wasn't serious.. ;)

There's no need. ;)

I agree 3 games for Ezio were too much, fans in general did become bored of Ezio with him by Bro'hood and Revelations, you're not alone on that I felt the same. The change in the protaganist some Ezio fans disliked, but honestly Connor came to the series at the right time. :)

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Maybe I should just embrace my newfound personality as an Ezio fanboy?
Yes and the first step is taking the second quote in my signature as your signature. Welcome to the fold, Brother...

Do you swear to uphold the principles of our fanboyism and all that is Ezio for which our member stands?

And always to flaunt our secrets and divulge our true love for our Ezio?

And to do so from now until death, whatever the cost?

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Yes and the first step is taking the second quote in my signature as your signature. Welcome to the fold, Brother...

Do you swear to uphold the principles of our fanboyism and all that is Ezio for which our member stands?

And always to flaunt our secrets and divulge our true love for our Ezio?

And to do so from now until death, whatever the cost?

Holy crap. That's so much responsibility. I don't think I can handle it.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Holy crap. That's so much responsibility. I don't think I can handle it.
it comes with cake and cookies?

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 07:54 PM
it comes with cake and cookies?

I love cake and cookies... but then I won't be able to call Ezio a stagnant character in AC:B :( And I will have to say that the Carnevale and Arsenale plans make perfect sense :( Not worth it.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 07:58 PM
I love cake and cookies... but then I won't be able to call Ezio a stagnant character in AC:B :( And I will have to say that the Carnevale and Arsenale plans make perfect sense :( Not worth it.
You don't have to say those things, just this on the teaser for the new AC game Unity....

http://i.gyazo.com/799950c4d7308e145bd8553c0070f38d.png

you'll get 11 thumbs up for it.....and the cake and cookies

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 08:00 PM
You don't have to say those things, just this on the teaser for the new AC game Unity....

you'll get 11 thumbs up for it.....and the cake and cookies

But I don't hope it's similar to Ezio storyline! We already have Ezio storyline plus I want better Templars than in Ezio storyline!

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 08:04 PM
But I don't hope it's similar to Ezio storyline! We already have Ezio storyline plus I want better Templars than in Ezio storyline!
TRAITOR, you're not a true AC fan...you spoiled our AC..

Pitalla
03-25-2014, 08:05 PM
All I am going to say its:

I hope its NOT connor.

And I hope that its a good original and compelling character, something that we havent had since AC brotherhood.

And by this I mean:
No more vengance or tragic stories, copying Ezio's story. How about an intrepid new fresh character? Like the Scarlet Pimpirnel from Emma Orczy.

Just bring back the guy that wrote AC Brotherhood please, I got nothing against the new guy but in all due honesty I find his stories and characters blank and compelling.

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 08:07 PM
And I hope that its a good original and compelling character, something that we havent had since AC brotherhood.

Just remove storyline....nice try

Sushiglutton
03-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Game starts with a fist-fight on Pont Neuf. Then race your brother up Notre Dame: Nous vivons une bonne vie mon frère!

Farlander1991
03-25-2014, 08:08 PM
TRAITOR, you're not a true AC fan...you spoiled our AC..

LOL.

On that note, when ACR was released I was talking with a bud from my GD group, and he asked me what I thought about it. And I started listing all the things about the redundancies in the bomb crafting system, the still very problematic combat system, how den defense becomes shallow after several plays, and a bunch of other stuff, and he asked "So... are you still playing it?" "Yeah." "Why? It doesn't sound like you like it." And I replied "Are you kidding me?! I enjoy the hell out of it!" which was true.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 08:11 PM
All I am going to say its:

I hope its NOT connor..
As much as a Connor fan I am I agree with you on on this part.. a cameo isn't enough for Connor.

I just disagree w/ this part of your post, Connor was original and compelling he represented our culture very well. As a Natives, I'll say this: have had very little true representation in Films and games, Connor changed that only look at Infamous Second Son, another Native character,

jayjay275
03-25-2014, 08:14 PM
PS Exclusive for Connor please. :-)

Assassin_M
03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
LOL.

On that note, when ACR was released I was talking with a bud from my GD group, and he asked me what I thought about it. And I started listing all the things about the redundancies in the bomb crafting system, the still very problematic combat system, how den defense becomes shallow after several plays, and a bunch of other stuff, and he asked "So... are you still playing it?" "Yeah." "Why? It doesn't sound like you like it." And I replied "Are you kidding me?! I enjoy the hell out of it!" which was true.
People misconstrue criticism as dislike...I guess it's different for GDs? I had that same convo with one of my friends in my first GD class but it was about AC III. we ripped it apart but we still agreed that we both enjoyed the hell out of it...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 08:36 PM

If they announced that, I would get a PS like yesterday... They already did that for the West Point mission and I missed that... but I'm so ready to get a PS4 nonetheless.

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 08:38 PM

If they announced that, I would get a PS like yesterday... They already did that for the West Point mission and I missed that... but I'm so ready to get a PS4 nonetheless.
The Benedict Arnold / Westpoint DLC is also available on the PC version of AC3 the Uplay version.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-25-2014, 08:41 PM
The Benedict Arnold / Westpoint DLC is also available on the PC version of AC3 the Uplay version.

I'm a Mac girl, but still...

PS exclusives can really hurt an Xbox 360 player >_<;;

adventurewomen
03-25-2014, 08:45 PM

I'm also a Mac and a 360 girl.. but I found a way to get the Benedict Arnold DLC that was to use bootcamp of my MacBook YAY! I've got that DLC on my Uplay. :D

Benedict Arnold / West Point DLC was one of my favourite moments with Connor.

JustPlainQuirky
03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm also a Mac girl so I can't play any of the AC games I bought on steam. Even the ones that work for mac wont work on mine for some reason. Even though my mac is updated. :(

My sister has bootcamp but not me.

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 08:50 PM

I'm also a Mac and a 360 girl.. but I found a way to get the Benedict Arnold DLC that was to use bootcamp of my MacBook YAY! I've got that DLC on my Uplay. :D.

I'm also a Mac girl so I can't play any of the AC games I bought on steam. Even the ones that work for mac wont work on mine for some reason. Even though my mac is updated. :(

All of you ladies have Mac books. *jealous* :p

silvermercy
03-25-2014, 08:58 PM

I'm also a Mac and a 360 girl.. but I found a way to get the Benedict Arnold DLC that was to use bootcamp of my MacBook YAY! I've got that DLC on my Uplay. :D

Benedict Arnold / West Point DLC was one of my favourite moments with Connor.

I'm a PC and PS3 girl. :| lol But hey, I haz an iPad and iPhone 5S! XD

Really want to get a PS4 soon! :D

GunnerGalactico
03-25-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm a PC and PS3 girl. :| lol But hey, I haz an iPad and iPhone 5S! XD

Really want to get a PS4 soon! :D

I've got PC, PS3, PSP and iPad.

Might be getting a PS4 too :p