PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed: Unity.......disappointed

Paulno1990
03-22-2014, 02:34 AM
So after the amazing game that is Black Flag, the bar was set real high for this year's AC. Honestly I am disappointed.

AC4 had one of the best settings in any of the AC games and it was so vastly different from anything before it. That is what I loved about AC, the varying environments. But it is going to be hard for them to make this feel different from AC2, brotherhood and rev.

I was hoping for a medieval Britain , Russia, Germany, or industry revolution setting. But they have seem to have returned to something wwhich already looks and feels very reminiscent of the Ezio games.

I will keep watching this but so far I'm not too impressed.

Also if it is true that they are releasing two separate AC games this year then that SUCKS. Way to milk the franchise even more and gouge money from AC fans. Now I am going to have to buy and play two AC games. One a year has been enough thank you. I hope Comet is good.

rprkjj
03-22-2014, 02:40 AM
So after the amazing game that is Black Flag, the bar was set real high for this year's AC. Honestly I am disappointed.

AC4 had one of the best settings in any of the AC games and it was so vastly different from anything before it. That is what I loved about AC, the varying environments. But it is going to be hard for them to make this feel different from AC2, brotherhood and rev.

I was hoping for a medieval Britain , Russia, Germany, or industry revolution setting. But they have seem to have returned to something wwhich already looks and feels very reminiscent of the Ezio games.

Also if it is true that they are releasing two separate AC games this year then that SUCKS. Way to milk the franchise even more and gouge money from AC fans. Now I am going to have to buy and play two AC games. One a year has been enough thank you. I hope Comet is good.

No one is making you buy the games. Vote with your wallet. Also, if you're worried that the setting will feel too much like Renaissance Italy, then look at the new trailer and see for yourself.

Skelface
03-22-2014, 03:02 AM
So. You are concluding what the game will look like after a 30s teaser. Okay.

deskp
03-22-2014, 03:03 AM
you come off as fairly ignorant... maybe you should go back to the ezio games cause you seem to have forgotten how the settings really are.. If anything havana in ac4 was made to be somewhat similar to ezio games.

also maybe watch some documentaries and do some research on the french revolution.

also if your not impressed by now, thats fine, youre not suppsoed to. Ubisoft hasnt REALLY done their proper announcment/unveiling of it yet. we know nothing besides the setting really, maybe it has the ebst gameplayer ever... we dont know..

Matt.mc
03-22-2014, 03:26 AM
Lol is it weird that the things you have said makes me excited for this game?
reminiscent of ac2? awesome!

oh and btw, don't judge it by a teaser please... it's honestly pathetic

ze_topazio
03-22-2014, 03:46 AM
I have to admit that every time someone says that all European countries look the same I feel like performing violent acts, I don't know if it's because of some sort of European "pride", or because we Europeans all secretly hate each other and the idea of being compared to other Euro country is instinctively unacceptable, or if it's because of the ignorance of it, or maybe a combination of everything.

Megas_Doux
03-22-2014, 04:13 AM
I have to admit that every time someone says that all European countries look the same I feel like performing violent acts, I don't know if it's because of some sort of European "pride", or because we Europeans all secretly hate each other and the idea of being compared to other Euro country is instinctively unacceptable, or if it's because of the ignorance of it, or maybe a combination of everything.

I really agree with you, vecino :P

However I do understand that an East asian setting, is needed......

Dome500
03-22-2014, 04:29 AM
Yeah, it's not similar IMO. It has some architectural similarities, but that's all.

1. Brotherhood => Rome - completely different.
2. Revelations => Constantinople => much more exotic and less European
3. Venice + Florence => Similarities, but COMPLETELY different time

France is it's own thing, especially with the history of the French Revolution.

Also: Do you see a pattern there (it is only intercepted once with Brotherhood, which was originally supposed to be part of AC2 as far as I know, which would explain that interception):

AC 1 => Arabic, rather exotic setting, lots of mystery and atmosphere, but with a little bit European as well (Acre for example)
AC2 => Mediterranean, typical European architecture, mild climate
ACB => Same as AC2
ACR => Rather exotic location again, half European, half Asian
AC3 => Mostly looking European, but more rural and frontier feeling. Not European setting, but mild climate as well (cold winters, rather warm summers
AC4 => Tropical, mostly not-European (though Havanna and Kingston show the signs of European architecture and influences, exotic
AC(5)Unity => European Classic again, but again different.

ALL I say here is that there is a rough pattern to create diversity in terms of locations. I know, they haven't shown totally Asian, African or Australian settings yet, but I think that is mainly because they wanted to be solid and established as a series before getting more experimental (AC3 and AC4 being their first "experiments").

But, one thing which is also to mention, in the end there ARE not so many DIFFERENT architectures and climates that do NOT feel similar to another setting of AC.
Sure, they still have 1 or 2 locations which would be unique. But think about it, after that there is only same old, same old, because they actually used a lot of environments, climates, architectural styles and cultures already that might seem similar to future titles.

So in the end I think they'll try to keep it fresh by changing between more traditional (European), mild climate locations and more extreme, exotic (Asian, American,) locations.
To keep it at least partially fresh every year.

What this basically means for you? If you like settings like the AC4, ACR and AC1 one, then you'll get your setting probably either next year or with Assassins Creed: Comet.

I don't know, I actually LIKE all European countries and cultures. What world am I living in? Are Europeans really so hostile? Here in Germany we really like Italy, France, England, Spain, etc. I don't know what the problem is where you come from. I don't hate other Europeans.... I though Europe grew together a little bit in the past years....

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 04:43 AM
I don't know, I actually LIKE all European countries and cultures. What world am I living in? Are Europeans really so hostile? Here in Germany we really like Italy, France, England, Spain, etc. I don't know what the problem is where you come from. I don't hate other Europeans.... I though Europe grew together a little bit in the past years....

I think what he meant by the "secretly hate eachother" is more the friendly rivalry jokes and stereotypes and unwillingness to compare their country to others. Take for example the fact that Frenchmen have the stereotype of being stuck up, Germans of being up tight and strict, Spanish of being lazy, British of being posh, and so on. Of course none of these are true but created by other nations to make fun of the others, theres also the intese soccer(I guess you guys call it football) rivalries and such. Its not really a hatred Europe generally gets along these days its just a rivalry thing I think more or less.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 05:20 AM
I think what he meant by the "secretly hate eachother" is more the friendly rivalry jokes and stereotypes and unwillingness to compare their country to others. Take for example the fact that Frenchmen have the stereotype of being stuck up, Germans of being up tight and strict, Spanish of being lazy, British of being posh, and so on. Of course none of these are true but created by other nations to make fun of the others, theres also the intese soccer(I guess you guys call it football) rivalries and such. Its not really a hatred Europe generally gets along these days its just a rivalry thing I think more or less.

Sure, but IMO that is more to make fun of each other. Everyone has a stereotype, in that regard we are all even. So IMO it's just a friendly banter and rivalry...
But we are Europeans, rivalry and nationalism are in our blood :D

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Sure, but IMO that is more to make fun of each other. Everyone has a stereotype, in that regard we are all even. So IMO it's just a friendly banter and rivalry...

Exactly we here in the US have a similar friendly joking and pride based on our home states. Like Californians are hippies, New Jersey is all loud Italians, Alabama racists, Louisiana Cajuns and Voodoo, Pennsylvania Amish-Dutch, Colorado Pot heads, Texas Cowboys, so on and so forth we make fun of each other all the time it can get to a point where it seems brutal but when something happens to one of us we are ready to help them and fight for them. I feel European Countries have the same dynamic toward each other.

tinrisky
03-22-2014, 05:37 AM
This may convince me to buy a PS4, I know Assassin's Creed was my first game on the PS3.

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 05:43 AM
Unity definitely convinced me I need to upgrade to a next gen console just haven't decided which yet im leaning Xbox one. Unity just looks way to good to miss out on by not getting a new console this year.

Templar_Az
03-22-2014, 08:55 AM
I have to agree with you both up there ^ I might have to be a new console just for Assassins Creed as well; I remember buying a nintendo DS like 7 years ago just for Pokemon.

souNdwAve89
03-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Unity is another reason for me to buy a PS4 along with Arkham Knight by the end of the year. There's still E3 too with more release date announcements, so another incentive, lol.

Hans684
03-22-2014, 10:44 AM
This thread.......disappointed.

Farlander1991
03-22-2014, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

Sushiglutton
03-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Different strokes I suppose. To me it's mind boggling how people can't be excited for Paris. I mean come on it's PARIS, one of the greates cities on earth.The French Revolution is also a very, very interesting and important event. I'm super excited :D.

Erindesh24
03-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Can anyone tell me if the buildings are going to be taller , bigger than AC3 , AC4 buildings ? I need some comforting :)

killzab
03-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Different strokes I suppose. To me it's mind boggling how people can't be excited for Paris. I mean come on it's PARIS, one of the greates cities on earth.The French Revolution is also a very, very interesting and important event. I'm super excited :D.

As a Parisian, I agree :D

But it's okay that people have different opinions.

What I don't tolerate is ignorant opinions like saying all European countries look the same or people like Oliacr who say that it looks boring or it will be too much like ACIII.

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 01:01 PM

100% agreed.

Skelface
03-22-2014, 01:39 PM
There's also Versailles:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Chateau_de_Versailles_1668_Pierre_Patel.jpg

Jardin (Garden):

http://www.chateauversailles.fr/image.php?id=8F193DFA-BDD2-BD0C-01C9-EECD304A8772&tb=CHA_PUSH&ch=PUS&lg=200F0FC2-5609-102C-8399-000C2991753C

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/Versailles-FacadeJardin.jpg

Grand Trianon:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/The_Grand_Trianon_Castle_in_Summer.JPG

Don't forget the interiors, Galerie des Glaces (first scene of the video):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Chateau_Versailles_Galerie_des_Glaces.jpg

Grand Trianon interiors:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/The_Grand_Trianon_Castle_Interios.JPG

And more, much more...

Everyone who has visited Château de Versailles (I did) will tell you this is a perfect area for Assassin's Creed. Come on, I don't understand why some of you say it's not attractive, even "disappointing".

Templar_Az
03-22-2014, 01:55 PM
^ That first picture is beautiful.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 02:14 PM
I imagined me prancing about in the area of the first pic.. It was beautiful.

GunnerGalactico
03-22-2014, 02:28 PM
That's what I would like to see in an AC game. The architecture is just a beautiful on the inside as it is outside. :)

Megas_Doux
03-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Paris is a grandeur city, full of history and landmarks, plus we will be at one, if not its most important period, the perfect AC recipe, I only hope it doest not become another ACB's Rome for me.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Unity definitely convinced me I need to upgrade to a next gen console just haven't decided which yet im leaning Xbox one. Unity just looks way to good to miss out on by not getting a new console this year.

Agreed. Though I will get new PC hardware :D It's about time for me. Watch Dogs, AC:Unity, Batman Arkham Knight, The Division, Metal Gear (hopefully on PC later on), etc.
Lots of stuff to play and my hardware is stone old. Was barely able to play AC4.

As for Paris. Yeah, I like the setting, even if I think an Asian one is long due.

padaE
03-22-2014, 03:37 PM
My dream setting is Ancient Rome in the 3rd century AD. It would be (historically) the biggest city ever in an Assassin's Creed game and the richest. So many monuments, so much glory! But considering we had Rome in a worse time period (for the city), I'm not very confident we will ever see this.

That said, Paris is obviously a fantastic choice, it won't be quite her prime yet, the Effeil Tower for example would be built for another 100 years, but the French Revolution is definitely a great setting for the series. I wonder if they fallow the napoleonic wars too.

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 03:40 PM
So is it safe to say the travel options will be

Paris
Versailles
London

?

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Paris is a grandeur city, full of history and landmarks, plus we will be at one, if not its most important period, the perfect AC recipe, I only hope it doest not become another ACB's Rome for me.

Same :o

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 03:53 PM
So is it safe to say the travel options will be

Paris
Versailles
London

?
I really don't see what London would have to offer in the French Revolution it would seem to me as forcing that city in just because of fan requests rather than for any particular good reason. I think the London rumor(if its even true which I doubt it was prob a "leaker" trying to cover their bases due to the Victorian London buzz that was going around). If London is involved maybe in this Comet game. And also correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Versailles just outside of Paris...or at least not very far away? If that's true why would it be a whole separate travel destination with separate city rather than just going there by exiting a city gate or in a Frontier like location?

padaE
03-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Same :o

May I ask what was the problem with ACB Rome, sir?

yankeegamergirl
03-22-2014, 04:20 PM
My dream setting is Ancient Rome in the 3rd century AD. It would be (historically) the biggest city ever in an Assassin's Creed game and the richest. So many monuments, so much glory! But considering we had Rome in a worse time period (for the city), I'm not very confident we will ever see this.

That said, Paris is obviously a fantastic choice, it won't be quite her prime yet, the Effeil Tower for example would be built for another 100 years, but the French Revolution is definitely a great setting for the series. I wonder if they fallow the napoleonic wars too.

Yes I agree with this, my dream setting would also been something in antiquity; Classical Athens or Rome in the Late Republic! Initially when I saw the leak I though great ANOTHER GAME IN THE 18TH CENTURY! This would be the 5th counting 'Freedom Cry' as a standalone game...right? Having said that however, if this is indeed the setting...I have a strong feeling I will like this more than AC3 (still haven't brought 'Black Flag'), as a matter of fact I think I will love it; as long as the mechanics don't grate on me. I personally never tire of old beautiful European cities. Good stuff. I may be actually getting excited again...for my fav series.

poptartz20
03-22-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm personally fine with the setting again. The time period is awesome to be! Granted I would love to see China, or Medieval England But I can't agree and say that is is disappointing when this trailer was pan shots around a city and a castle glass. haha.

I'm disappointed that you even said you were disappointed. Can we wait until we see gameplay anymore?

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm disappointed that you even said you were disappointed.

Disappointception.

ze_topazio
03-22-2014, 06:14 PM
I really agree with you, vecino :P

However I do understand that an East asian setting, is needed......

I too would like an east Asian setting hermano, but I'm also not tired of Europe, all we have had so far was one game and one expansion pack, European colonies don't count as European, they look very different.

Exactly we here in the US have a similar friendly joking and pride based on our home states. Like Californians are hippies, New Jersey is all loud Italians, Alabama racists, Louisiana Cajuns and Voodoo, Pennsylvania Amish-Dutch, Colorado Pot heads, Texas Cowboys, so on and so forth we make fun of each other all the time it can get to a point where it seems brutal but when something happens to one of us we are ready to help them and fight for them. I feel European Countries have the same dynamic toward each other.

Exactly!

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 06:16 PM
So what how much of Paris will we be able to rome? Wouldn't it be odd to play only in Paris though, seeing as how large Black Flag was?

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 06:34 PM
So what how much of Paris will we be able to rome? Wouldn't it be odd to play only in Paris though, seeing as how large Black Flag was?

Thats what I'm fearing.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 06:34 PM

Paris and London would be cool.

Kind of like the "Tale of two cities".

oliacr
03-22-2014, 06:36 PM
No one is making you buy the games. Vote with your wallet. Also, if you're worried that the setting will feel too much like Renaissance Italy, then look at the new trailer and see for yourself.

Did I miss something? Or you mean the very first sneak peek?

Rugterwyper32
03-22-2014, 06:54 PM
I honestly don't think London will be in Unity, but it'll be in Comet instead.
As for other cities in this game, I see either Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse or Nantes making it into the game. Maybe Strasbourg, but that sounds much less likely.

padaE
03-22-2014, 07:31 PM
If they follow the Napoleonic Wars a lot of options would be open. It would certainly make for a huge game.

egriffin09
03-22-2014, 07:36 PM

I would rather alot of density and detail coupled with a map size of like the frontier from AC3.

Rugterwyper32
03-22-2014, 07:52 PM
If they follow the Napoleonic Wars a lot of options would be open. It would certainly make for a huge game.

I kinda have my doubts we'll follow a lot of the Napoleonic Wars. I think that the most we'd be seeing outside France would be Luxembourg City, Zurich or Milan. I think we'll be going as far as the War of the Second Coalition from the French Revolutionary Wars, but not much farther than that, for some reason. At most I see a city in Egypt working as the Principe of this game, just more extensive.

Sacha_Baron
06-24-2014, 12:38 AM
@ Rugterwyper32: Zurich? Why that? Cant you imagine Vienna (since Arno has an austrian mother and Napoleon fought there as well). I would certainly love it, cause I from VIenna :)

LoyalACFan
06-24-2014, 12:54 AM
@ Rugterwyper32: Zurich? Why that? Cant you imagine Vienna (since Arno has an austrian mother and Napoleon fought there as well). I would certainly love it, cause I from VIenna :)

This thread is old, it's already been confirmed at E3 that Paris is our only major city.

Sesheenku
06-24-2014, 02:28 AM

Meh AC4 is meh. Too much sailing, not enough stabbing.

Oh and the enviroments were ****, apparently jungles are made out of hallways. If I wasn't playing as a hooded character I'd have thought I was playing FF13 for a minute.

I also disagree, Unity is an advancement in what the core fans want, not some ridiculous distraction like sailing was in a sorry attempt to revitalize the game when it needed far more then that.

If you like AC4 so much, then just play it till one comes out you do like.

I'm also tired of this ******** about fresh experiences. Please... there would be no such thing as a franchise if some things weren't similar. Unity is innovating the systems which is far more than good enough, it's what they should have done in the first place.

Oh btw develop a taste for architecture, honestly it's like you're telling me a Colonial, a Victorian, an Antebellum, and a Modern house all look exactly the same.

Screw AC4's setting, a big fat ocean with a few pitiful hallway islands of which 75% have **** all to do on them. Oh yeah greaaaaaaaat setting!

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 05:56 AM
Unity's Paris setting actually reminds me a lot of AC3 combined with Brotherhood. It takes the European architecture of that era that Colonial Architecture was clearly based off of, and also combines it with the architecture of the Renaissance, medieval eras before it as well as the more ancient ones, including the catacombs. Really, I'm psyched.

It also reminds me a lot of Dishonored's setting just without the steampunk stuff, which is awesome.

Pandassin
06-24-2014, 08:40 AM

Well, the city is built on a 1:1 scale, so it's going to be HUGE. I don't think there are any other cities we can roam, but since Paris is massive, I don't mind. I actually prefer it. In an interview I heard Paris is about 3 times larger than all of AC4's land put together.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Paris is not 1:1, the buildings are...

marvelfannumber
06-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Paris is not 1:1, the buildings are...

I can argue against that too though, because in both demos I am noticing that the Sainte Chapelle is way too big, both in height and length.

Sesheenku
06-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Well, the city is built on a 1:1 scale, so it's going to be HUGE. I don't think there are any other cities we can roam, but since Paris is massive, I don't mind. I actually prefer it. In an interview I heard Paris is about 3 times larger than all of AC4's land put together.

Poor Versailles, forgotten! Abandoned! Sequestered!

Seriously why does everyone forget about Versailles?

Pandassin
06-24-2014, 07:50 PM

I actually did know about Versailles, but I wasn't sure if it was just a rumour or if it was actually confirmed since I haven't heard anything about it. If we can go there that would be awesome.

Sesheenku
06-25-2014, 01:51 AM
I actually did know about Versailles, but I wasn't sure if it was just a rumour or if it was actually confirmed since I haven't heard anything about it. If we can go there that would be awesome.

Saw one of their interviews the other day that confirmed it, can't remember which.

LoyalACFan
06-25-2014, 02:04 AM

I don't think it's going to be an actual city though. If it was, they'd have been marketing it alongside Paris. I think it's either going to be a sort of "district" on the far western side of the Paris map, or a sort of mini-hub like Cappadocia or Monteriggioni.

Jexx21
06-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Monteriggioni was the best city in AC2.

Sesheenku
06-25-2014, 07:53 AM
I don't think it's going to be an actual city though. If it was, they'd have been marketing it alongside Paris. I think it's either going to be a sort of "district" on the far western side of the Paris map, or a sort of mini-hub like Cappadocia or Monteriggioni.

Well it does have a massive palace and some other buildings surrounding it so yeah, it may function like Monteriggioni but it's going to be larger for sure.

JuniorJosias
06-25-2014, 07:59 AM
There's also Versailles:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Chateau_de_Versailles_1668_Pierre_Patel.jpg

Jardin (Garden):

http://www.chateauversailles.fr/image.php?id=8F193DFA-BDD2-BD0C-01C9-EECD304A8772&tb=CHA_PUSH&ch=PUS&lg=200F0FC2-5609-102C-8399-000C2991753C

Grand Trianon:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/The_Grand_Trianon_Castle_in_Summer.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Chateau_Versailles_Galerie_des_Glaces.jpg

Grand Trianon interiors:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/The_Grand_Trianon_Castle_Interios.JPG

And more, much more...

Everyone who has visited Château de Versailles (I did) will tell you this is a perfect area for Assassin's Creed. Come on, I don't understand why some of you say it's not attractive, even "disappointing".

Beautiful!

Sesheenku
06-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Beautiful!

Wait wait wait wait...

Someone said it's disappointing? Damn apparently we have the 1% on this forum living in tastefully decorated classy as hell palaces. Please show me your palaces gais.

Aphex_Tim
06-25-2014, 08:25 AM
They'd have been marketing it alongside Paris.

I'm not so sure about that. I remember back with AC2 before it was released, all we heard was that it would take place in Florence and Venice. When I started playing that game, I was expecting two cities. Instead I got five. I never heard anything about Forli, San Gimignano or Monteriggioni being in the game before that.
Then again, I haven't been following AC2's development as much as the more recent AC games so I could've just missed it.

RinoTheBouncer
06-25-2014, 08:30 AM
There's also Versailles:

Jardin (Garden):

Grand Trianon:

Grand Trianon interiors:

And more, much more...

I’ve been there last year, in fact, my avatar is taken there, haha! and I agree, it would be a great place to visit in an Assassin’s Creed game and Versailles is not really far from Paris so perhaps we’ll get to visit it in AC Unity.

travilanche
06-25-2014, 09:27 AM
^Geez. No wonder they drug their rulers out of the palace and cut their heads off!

BonaSer
06-27-2014, 08:01 AM
I have been always fascinated by great gardens and palaces...
http://evachipdale.narod.ru/pics/evakuator_petergof000001.jpg

ruskipowa
07-14-2014, 09:00 PM

the truth is yeah you're right i hate to say this but it seems like almost every AC is a DLC like game. i watched the gameplay and i was not impressed, i was impressed with AC 4 and i was skeptical about it (due to past AC games) but was glad i got it.
i think ubisoft is becoming more like E.A. and will run itself out of business if they have such a **** business model of not really putting more effort in games, games are about quality not quantity.

m4r-k7
07-14-2014, 09:07 PM
I’ve been there last year, in fact, my avatar is taken there, haha! and I agree, it would be a great place to visit in an Assassin’s Creed game and Versailles is not really far from Paris so perhaps we’ll get to visit it in AC Unity.

I am pretty sure in an interview, the guy said we will get to explore Versaille as well as thats where Arno was brought up / thats where his house is or something.

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Versailles will def be in Unity.

Paris was said to be where 'most' of the game takes place.

And Versailles plays a crucial role in the revolution so...

Assassin_M
07-14-2014, 09:09 PM
business model of not really putting more effort in games
Suuuuure because you totally know the effort that was put in making AC U or any other game that EA makes for that matter, of course..

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 09:15 PM
@rusk

welcome to the forums :o

Suuuuure because you totally know the effort that was put in making AC U or any other game that EA makes for that matter, of course..

You don't know that.

Maybe his dad works at EA. :rolleyes:

Kakuzu745
07-14-2014, 11:45 PM

Black Flag an amazing game? Maybe...an amazing Assassins Creed game? Not a chance...there is so much to improve that whatever Unity does is probably the right direction.

MasterAssasin84
07-15-2014, 12:27 AM
So your comparing a next generation Assassins Creed game that has been reinvented from the ground up to Black Flag ?

Dude we have only seen what 3 minutes of gameplay footage and a 30 second trailer ? I have been waiting for the French Revolution !

Paris being a major beacon for Masonic orders the grand architecture the ferocity of the Revolution the all new features such as the controlled decent and eagle pulse .

I would not really class Black Flag as a next generation title but seeing ACU and the work that has gone into it I really think your judgement on this occasion is clouded if you think a last generation Assassins Creed is going to be more superior .

rickprog
07-15-2014, 01:26 AM
The "not putting effort" into the games argument is plain absurd, and it upsets me every time I listen to it. Do people even watch interviews where they talk about this stuff before spilling their guts in such pure non-sense? Unity has been in the making FOR FOUR YEARS, how is that not putting effort? They have teams all around the world developing this game. It's absolutely impossible for them not to put effort onto a game that is rebuilding the franchise in so many different senses, for a different console that allows for much more development and, mind you, it's perhaps their most selling product (AC games).

phoenix-force411
07-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Lol! That's ironic, 'cause ACIV was hardly a step up from ACIII. Honestly, ACIII had better fluidity and controls. ACIV just executed the story much better.

And Lol again to the "milking," 'cause AC:U was planned since ACB.

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2014, 09:02 AM
It's not like Ubisoft has a big red button that says "Push to make AC game" that they just press each year.
When people say there's no effort put in these games, their argument automatically becomes invalid to me.

Mr_Shade
07-15-2014, 10:48 AM
It's not like Ubisoft has a big red button that says "Push to make AC game" that they just press each year.
When people say there's no effort put in these games, their argument automatically becomes invalid to me.

indeed.

I bet they wished there was a big button - rather than hundreds of people, millions of man hours and years of development..

Not to mention the money they spend on researching, advertising, developing new animation systems, engines etc etc..

One big button would save a lot of money and hassle..

m4r-k7
07-15-2014, 12:13 PM
I fully appreciate the time they put into the AC series. Sometimes, I just stand there in the game and look around and think to myself "wow, they actually created this stunning historical open world" which is so much different to the usual modern open world games such as GTA. The research that goes into developing the world must be massive. I fully respect the work they put into the games. AC doesn't deserve the hate it gets from some people. AC does stuff so differently to the average game and I hope they continue to develop incredible games in the franchise.

MickyDaLips
07-15-2014, 12:40 PM
indeed.

I bet they wished there was a big button - rather than hundreds of people, millions of man hours and years of development..

Not to mention the money they spend on researching, advertising, developing new animation systems, engines etc etc..

One big button would save a lot of money and hassle..

Yes, an absurd scenario. Everyone knows it's really two keys that have to be turned at the same time.

On a more serious note, Ubisoft make some of my favourite games, beyond a shadow of doubt. I do feel there is a lot of room for improvement, especially in the area of communicating with their fans, but for anyone to say they don't put effort in is just talking twaddle.

However, sometimes the fans are more likely to award a B or even a C for effort over an A, copy 'n' paste animations from AC3 to AC4 being an example, (and giving some weight to 'no effort' arguments) the scarcity of double attacks/double kills in AC4, lack of sound on a lot of finishers etc. The same can be said of other franchises, FC£ MP to name just one, I could name others but this is an AC forum :)

With the above examples, we have to consider was it lack of effort, lack of will, lack of capability (of platform) lack of capability (of devs) or lack of time?

Taking lack of effort out of the equation doesn't neccesarily give a favourable outcome :)

I don't wish to sound too negative, the fact remains that my most wanted list for this year and the next is composed almost exclusively of Ubi games, I soak up tidbits of info where I can, find devs logs/interviews, but always at the back of my mind there are problems; will FC4 MP be as bad as FC3, will the fantastic graphics we've seen in AC Unity suffer a Watchdogs like deteriation, I wish such thoughts weren't there, but I still have some burn marks on my fingers from picking up some previous games!

Anyhoo, here's hoping AC Unity (and the other games I'm looking forward to) hit the sweet sopt, restoring my faith in Ubi and in mankind generally :)

PS Mr shade, why do we have the image verification requiremnt for posting, I never used to get this on the forums, it's a right pain to use! Is it something I need to alter in my own browser settings or is this a permenant feature now?

Locopells
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
The verification thing's normally just for new users, but if you've not been around for a while, you probably never had it. It should go away in a couple of weeks once it's satisfied your posting pattern is human, not spambot...

MickyDaLips
07-15-2014, 03:35 PM
The verification thing's normally just for new users, but if you've not been around for a while, you probably never had it. It should go away in a couple of weeks once it's satisfied your posting pattern is human, not spambot...

I hope so, it's really annoying, sometimes the W looks like a w etc, also I have dyslexia, I read by the shape of words more than by individual letters, so random letters together are really hard to type in and not get mixed up, takes me a few attempts and it's honestly put me off partcipating a few times. (there's probably some who think that's no bad thing lol)

Edit , so far on my 4th attempt entering this

Prince_Of_Persia
11-13-2014, 08:34 PM

lol seriously Blackflag was amazing???
You are trolling right:confused:

Kakuzu745
11-13-2014, 09:16 PM

A combination of everything...it is just so much ignorance...gggrrr

marvelfannumber
11-13-2014, 09:21 PM
I fully appreciate the time they put into the AC series. Sometimes, I just stand there in the game and look around and think to myself "wow, they actually created this stunning historical open world" which is so much different to the usual modern open world games such as GTA. The research that goes into developing the world must be massive.

I could make them more accurate tho :rolleyes:

(Srsly the Hospice des Enfants Trouves barely even resembles it's real life counterpart and where is the Rue Neuve Notre-Dame? Tho good job with Notre dame itself despite some inaccuracies)

...........Sometimes I feel like I should get a job doing something instead of sitting inside this cave...............

Sacha_Baron
12-18-2014, 08:20 PM
I could make them more accurate tho :rolleyes:

(Srsly the Hospice des Enfants Trouves barely even resembles it's real life counterpart and where is the Rue Neuve Notre-Dame? Tho good job with Notre dame itself despite some inaccuracies)

...........Sometimes I feel like I should get a job doing something instead of sitting inside this cave...............

Real life counterpart? Do you know how it looked back than?

Hrafnagud72
12-18-2014, 08:56 PM
The "not putting effort" into the games argument is plain absurd, and it upsets me every time I listen to it. Do people even watch interviews where they talk about this stuff before spilling their guts in such pure non-sense? Unity has been in the making FOR FOUR YEARS, how is that not putting effort? They have teams all around the world developing this game. It's absolutely impossible for them not to put effort onto a game that is rebuilding the franchise in so many different senses, for a different console that allows for much more development and, mind you, it's perhaps their most selling product (AC games).

Four years and the game is still a massive blunder that they cannot get right. That is impressive.

Journey93
12-18-2014, 09:00 PM

you must be very naive if you think that a mess like Unity was in development for four years
and if it really was then the developers were apparently sleeping haflt he time

Sacha_Baron
09-19-2015, 10:58 AM
you must be very naive if you think that a mess like Unity was in development for four years
and if it really was then the developers were apparently sleeping haflt he time

Well it simply was. No point in arguing about that. And you must be quite naive if you think it is easy to make a game. It takes some years. This is hard work and the developers are under pressure cause all the shareholders of Ubisoft want their money. Thats how it works. Companys man...they suck!

SixKeys
09-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Holy necro thread, Batman.

ze_topazio
04-09-2016, 03:09 AM
Necroed again.

Venetica1
04-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Hey, lol, all of you calm down, , so he didn't like a clip he saw, to each their own, I've played all AC games, we all have our favs, & some not so fav, 'ignorant' or not let him decide, some us loved Unity, some not as.much as others, his loss right? Then let sleeping dogs lie. Win some lose some, we know whats awesome ;)
Like Syndicate ;)))

I say lets just have fun playing aaaannnd we have an aaamaazing effing movie to look forward too! I hope it's in freaking credible

Venetica1
04-15-2016, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE

Also if it is true that they are releasing two separate AC games this year then that SUCKS. Way to milk the franchise even more and gouge money from AC fans. Now I am going to have to buy and play two AC games. One a year has been enough thank you. I hope Comet is good.[/QUOTE]

Though, lol, complaining about *2* AC games, helllo? That's never a bad thing , no one milks me, kiddo, I don't moo

Sacha_Baron
01-09-2017, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE

Comet? Wasnt that Rogue?
And 2 AC games? In 2017?
You wrote that coment in 2016, so I am wondering, cause I havent heared anything about 2 AC's in 2017...

Though, lol, complaining about *2* AC games, helllo? That's never a bad thing , no one milks me, kiddo, I don't moo[/QUOTE]

Sacha_Baron
01-09-2017, 12:56 AM
Worst game of them all for sure just start the game and see how itsa runs, and **** taken 60 exp into uplay before i got bored of the game, all other assaisen creed games i have play i have more or less finnish. just some games leave out some CO-OP, Creed game online gaming is relly sucks is the same in 3 as 4, etc etc is noting changes is a pain in the ***.

Worst of it is problie how to handling the controlling one PC, is so totaly diffrens frome 2 3 IV Syndicate.

Can not say any other that is the worst game ever released into the creed. and how is runes and do what you tell him to do sucks.

The charter dosent respond to the commando man giving him that make me wanna cast the PC out of the windows.

Unity was great on PS4.
Syndicate is garbage. At least when it comes to the "story".

Sacha_Baron
01-09-2017, 12:57 AM

I am not batman, sorry.

HDinHB
01-09-2017, 01:31 AM

Necroed again.

It's persistent.

Sigma 1313
01-09-2017, 06:16 AM
Unity was great on PS4.
Syndicate is garbage. At least when it comes to the "story".

I disagree. Unity looked great but ultimately had a boring protagonist and story to me. I liked the ideas behind the story, but the execution was poor, and the game told more story (and more history (inaccurately)) in the side missions, something I hated about AC3's homestead missions (Connor's entire emotional side in those missions). I found Arno becoming a cynic and nihilist at the end very interesting and hoped for more, but Dead Kings resolved the character development over the course of like 10 minutes. This is also ignoring the fact that most historical characters were completely throwaway and it did nothing for the metastory (among many more problems).

Syndicate wasn't too much better. It felt more grounded in the setting because everything echoed Victorian London, and while most historical characters and events seem accurate (other the death of Dr John Elliotson and The Earl of Cardigan), it unfortunately had an inaccurate stance on child labor laws (the lack of real gangs didn't help either). The Main story was fine, and introduced us to some fun characters, but Evie and Jacob came off as uninspired and two dimensional, with a rift that came out of nowhere and closed again within the hour. While Syndicate didn't add much to the metastory, it added more than Unity, and felt like less of a slog somehow.

TLDR Both Unity and Syndicate had a ton of flaws, but I felt like Syndicate was a bit better.

ninja4hire10
01-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Unity's my second favorite, just after ACII. The latter game really hooked me into the series, more so than the first, while Unity showed off what the then-new consoles were capable of. Compared to its predecessors (and to its Syndicate successor) I felt the parkour was much, much better, and sweet sons o' biscuits, those graphics...!

Unlike a lot of people, I dug my overly-littered map; I pay $90 for a game, I want my money's worth. On the flip-side, I liked Syndicate's Ripper DLC much more then Dead Kings.

Keep in mind I was playing ACU on a PS4 at launch but had zero of the issues others had, so that plays into my bias, too.

Sacha_Baron
01-12-2017, 02:25 AM
@ Sigma: What was inaccurately in Unity? I ask because I really want to know, I am not asking sarcastic.
What I hated about Syndicate was the fact that all the people you killed (the bigger ones), were fictive. That those targets were "real" people was a big thing in the series.
Story in Unity wasnt that great either, I agree. It's like the assassins simply forgot about Arno. He was thrown out of the order but still killed the templars. No other assassin was around and cared. Weird. But the mechanis were really great (see what ninjaforhire wrote).

@ ninjaforhire10: Exactly how I see it! I also had no issues on the PS4-version of the game.

Farlander1991
01-12-2017, 09:02 AM
What I hated about Syndicate was the fact that all the people you killed (the bigger ones), were fictive. That those targets were "real" people was a big thing in the series.

Well....
In AC1 only 4 out of 10 targets were actual real people (Garnier, Sibrand, William, Robert). 3 were loosely based on historical characters (Al Mualim, Majd Addin, Jubair). Everyone else was fully fictional. But still, that's only 40% of actual historical real people as targets.

In AC2, 11 out of 26 main story targets are real. That's 42% of actual historical real people as targets.

Of course, there are games with a different ratio, like for example in AC3, 6 out of 8 main targets are real people, so that's most of them. But it's no new thing for AC targets to consist of mostly fictionalized or loosely based main targets.

And while we're at it, not ALL Syndicate targets are fictional. 3 out of 9 main targets are real. It's 33% so it's lower than AC1 and AC2, but there are historical people.

Sacha_Baron
11-02-2018, 06:48 PM
And while we're at it, not ALL Syndicate targets are fictional. 3 out of 9 main targets are real. It's 33% so it's lower than AC1 and AC2, but there are historical people.

Sorry for the late answer. Who were these real targets? Mind you, I'm really talking about assassination targets here, not other historical figures that acted as secondary figures.