PDA

View Full Version : Connor supporting character/cameo theory destroyed

Radman500
03-22-2014, 12:29 AM
i too thought maybe conoor might be part of unity....but thanks to humble assassin for finding it in another thread darby said this when asked about connor in french revolution

"think another Connor story would be great, just not where you suggested. That just sounds like an easy pastiche."

sorry Connor fans

Wolfmeister1010
03-22-2014, 12:30 AM
;)

Radman500
03-22-2014, 12:32 AM
;)
??

Wolfmeister1010
03-22-2014, 12:32 AM
??

???!

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 12:40 AM
Figured. But would like direct link to twitter post pls.

I couldn't find that on his twitter.

deskp
03-22-2014, 12:43 AM
https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/403299360387002368

scroll down.

Assassin_M
03-22-2014, 12:46 AM
doesn't mean a thing. He was talking about Connor being a Protagonist and i'm sorry, your constant starting of threads is getting annoying and i don't know why the mods have done nothing about it as of yet, i'm leaving until a mod tells you to stop and the front page is less clustered with unnecessary dribble...

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 12:52 AM
Read the twitter. That guy who was questioning Darby was annoying him.

He didn't say "connor isn't in it"

He was denying a theory the person suggested.

Cameo is still possible. He just wouldn't be plot relevant.

JarekKorczynski
03-22-2014, 12:55 AM
He may still be in it - just like Ezio was in AC3 and (sort of) AC4.

A one-time mention and an easter-egg.... :/

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 01:00 AM
Read the twitter. That guy who was questioning Darby was annoying him.

He didn't say "connor isn't in it"

He was denying a theory the person suggested.

Cameo is still possible. He just wouldn't be plot relevant.

Very true...

And, like I said, he's not writing it and he's got a knack for trolling, so I don't know what to think at this point lol

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Those tweets are from November 2013

Wolfmeister1010
03-22-2014, 01:16 AM
Why the hell would he confirm or deny it? That would be telling.

Of COURSE he should give an ambiguous answer.

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 01:21 AM
wolfmeister

you are the lone voice of sanity in this crisis

Please, join the Unity.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 01:24 AM
None of the reliable leakers mentioned Raton, Aveline, Adewale or any major character from around 18th century to appear in either Unity or Comet. May happen in PS-exclusive DLC or as small cameo but I don't not epect anything major, even stuff like ACR Altair parts (which weren't even THAT major)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Why the hell would he confirm or deny it? That would be telling.

Of COURSE he should give an ambiguous answer.

Exactly. He is Ubisoft's trolling agent D:

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 01:46 AM
It was only inevitable.

Connor would not have appeared hereafter. There would have been time for such a word. Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. Creeps in this petty pace from day to day. To the last syllable of recorded time and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to virtual death. Out, out, brief Assassin! Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the screen and then is heard no more. It is a tale written by an idiot, and received by idiots, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Wolfmeister1010
03-22-2014, 01:57 AM
Exactly. He is Ubisoft's trolling agent D:

Not by choice. It is not his fault that everyone goes to him with questions. And even though he has continued to say that he is NOT working on Unity, people still seem to think that he knows everything about everything regarding it.

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 01:59 AM
Meanwhile members of the Ubisoft staff scroll by and laugh at our directionless speculation and withered dreams. :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Meanwhile members of the Ubisoft staff scroll by and laugh at our directionless speculation and withered dreams. :rolleyes:

Not by choice. It is not his fault that everyone goes to him with questions. And even though he has continued to say that he is NOT working on Unity, people still seem to think that he knows everything about everything regarding it.

True.

But we still have AC3, which I never plan to sell/trade in, so I'll just have to keep playing that until my Connor needs are fulfilled… or a surprise comes out ^_^

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 02:10 AM
Wolf has a point. We should all nag Corey instead. I'm sure he secretly craves fan questions. :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 02:16 AM
Corey May is the RAGE CAVE

You endanger only yourself by asking.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 02:16 AM
Those tweets are from November 2013

True, and there were a couple Connor requests since then. And he mentioned on a Q&A that they hope to do something for him, they just need to find the right story for him and need some time.

Wolf has a point. We should all nag Corey instead. I'm sure he secretly craves fan questions. :rolleyes:

True. I've been search on Twitter for his account but I have yet to find one. Quick! Someone start searching for his contact info to be exposed to the fans! LOL

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Corey is a rager?

I'm even more intruiged. Maybe he has an askbox on his tumblr. Or he has a facebook.

Someone go find him right now so we can pester him so he hates us. :rolleyes:

nah, i'm gonna youtube some assassin's den podcasts to see if he's in any of them. Probably is. If so I might be able to get a good idea of what kind of game he'd write.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 02:24 AM
True, and there were a couple Connor requests since then. And he mentioned on a Q&A that they hope to do something for him, they just need to find the right story for him and need some time.

True. I've been search on Twitter for his account but I have yet to find one. Quick! Someone start searching for his contact info to be exposed to the fans! LOLhttps://twitter.com/RageCave don't expect anything though, he doesn't respond to fans

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 02:26 AM
Just youtube'd corey may. I swear I've seen his face before...:eek:

edit: oh my god why is he typing in all caps...

edit 2: oh god so many of his tweets are nonsensical gibberish. Makes me feel like I might have a chance reaching his kind of status :rolleyes:

I kid, of course.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 02:30 AM
https://twitter.com/RageCave don't expect anything though, he doesn't respond to fans

Are you sure that's him?

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 02:31 AM
Are you sure that's him?His twitter been known for ages

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 02:36 AM
His twitter been known for ages

Oh ok. The reason I asked is because I saw like more than one person with that name.

Also saw this while searching so yeah, sorry of doubting you :)

.@AssassinsCreed writer @RageCave sees the future of story-telling http://bit.ly/15Sfsoj

TO_M
03-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Let's hope he isn't involved with this game, I have no desire to hear his monotone voice one more time raging about charles lee.

souNdwAve89
03-22-2014, 02:53 AM
Let's hope he isn't involved with this game, I have no desire to hear his monotone voice one more time raging about charles lee.

I'm pretty sure he is. They alternate writing responsibilities between Darby and Corey with each game. It would be cool to see Jeffrey Yohalem back as the main writer since the only work he has done after Brotherhood was the storyline multiplayer in Revelations and AC3.

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 02:58 AM
https://twitter.com/RageCave don't expect anything though, he doesn't respond to fans

he responded to me and Jexx like once

given

it was for nonsense tweets and not actual ac stuff

but still

a response to fans

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 03:00 AM
Strange how such a seemingly derpy guy managed to write such an awesome character like Connor.

I have hope for my future! :D

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 03:09 AM
he responded to me and Jexx like once

given

it was for nonsense tweets and not actual ac stuff

but still

a response to fansNothing wrong with it, honestly seeing how people act like moronic ****s on the internet it is perhaps better to not get into any fan discussions. It's all love and butterflies when things go well, yet turns into disgusting nonsense when fans don't like something (ME3 ending hate tweets anyone?)...

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 03:16 AM
If connor comes back he better not have facial hair or I will cut a female dog. :mad:

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 03:52 AM
If connor comes back he better not have facial hair or I will cut a female dog. :mad:

ROFL … Maybe a light five o'clock shadow to show him as an older mature man :)

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 03:59 AM
ROFL … Maybe a light five o'clock shadow to show him as an older mature man :)

http://ksiazkimojejsiostry.blox.pl/resource/grumpy_no.png

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 04:05 AM
http://ksiazkimojejsiostry.blox.pl/resource/grumpy_no.png

Literally ROFLMAO XDDD... why can't he be allowed to have any hair to show his maturity?

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 04:07 AM
Literally ROFLMAO XDDD... why can't he be allowed to have any hair to show his maturity?

facial hair is a lazy way to show maturity.

It can be shown with personality alone.

YOU HEAR THAT, CONCEPT ARTISTS!?

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 04:12 AM

That's cool. I wasn't disagreeing or anything. Just wanted to hear it from another perspective lol

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 04:15 AM
Ohh he can be hairy, in other places

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0bd44ac4384832da95abe17347d7fdf0/tumblr_mjey4dCdXM1r7a2j2o2_500.gif

Dome500
03-22-2014, 04:15 AM

I don't think it's lazy, but it doesn't fit for all, and it is indeed not the only way to show age.

You could for example just make his face older or his hair a little bit greyish.

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 04:23 AM
Have you actually ever seen a native american with facial hair?

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 04:24 AM
I don't think it's lazy, but it doesn't fit for all, and it is indeed not the only way to show age.

You could for example just make his face older or his hair a little bit greyish.

I agree.

Aside from the greyish part because he'd only be 33 I think.

........I just realized tons of old native americans don't even get facial hair... :eek:

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 04:24 AM
Ohh he can be hairy, in other places

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0bd44ac4384832da95abe17347d7fdf0/tumblr_mjey4dCdXM1r7a2j2o2_500.gif

Nooooo… dirty images…. trying to….. penetrate my thoughts…… X_X

True.

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 04:25 AM
Ezio and Leonardo are like the only 2 characters in the series who aged by adding facial hair. Just about every person in AC3 aged with grey hair. George Washington for example had brown or black hair in the French and Indian wars sequences, but his hair is grey in the revolution(and I'm gonna say it now cuz I know someone will say it...Washinton didn't wear a whig....historically Washington powdered his own hair) And Haytham looks exactly the same except for slightly greyer hair. Charles Lee just forgets to bathe after the French War I guess lol, and Rodrigo Borgia gets greyer hair in Brotherhood. Maria got wrinkles in ACR, and Altiar got facial hair and wrinkles, so AC has shown multiple different ways to show age idk why we would assume Connor would grow facial hair to show his age.

Wolfmeister1010
03-22-2014, 04:27 AM
I felt Ezio aged so realistically in AC2. His voice got lower and slower VERY gradually

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 04:27 AM
Ezio and Leonardo are like the only 2 characters in the series who aged by adding facial hair. Just about every person in AC3 aged with grey hair. George Washington for example had brown or black hair in the French and Indian wars sequences, but his hair is grey in the revolution(and I'm gonna say it now cuz I know someone will say it...Washinton didn't wear a whig....historically Washington powdered his own hair) And Haytham looks exactly the same except for slightly greyer hair. Charles Lee just forgets to bathe after the French War I guess lol, and Rodrigo Borgia gets greyer hair in Brotherhood. Maria got wrinkles in ACR, and Altiar got facial hair and wrinkles, so AC has shown multiple different ways to show age idk why we would assume Connor would grow facial hair to show his age.

Because both old altair and ezio got beards.

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 04:29 AM
Because both old altair and ezio got beards.

That's only 2 people out of that whole list of people I just gave that age in the AC games lol

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 04:32 AM

Interesting points there, my friend! Well said.

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 04:32 AM
That's only 2 people out of that whole list of people I just gave that age in the AC games lol

I'm talking about the main playable assassins from the numbered titles.

Even Edward started off with facial hair. Only main AC characters who didn't get beards are too young to have them flesh out.

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 04:58 AM
I'm talking about the main playable assassins from the numbered titles.

Even Edward started off with facial hair. Only main AC characters who didn't get beards are too young to have them flesh out.

I think its just because of their respective periods. Edward during the piracy age when everyone had facial hair of some kind(BlackBEARD comes to mind along with vane, torres, and others). The renaissance it was very common and fashionable to have facial hair thus why they grow thiers out here. Medieval times especially in the middle east beards/facial hair were very common even for Europeans (King Richard or William of Monferrat for example), even today still common in arab culture. Whereas beards were out of style in the time of the Revolution I mean I can only think of 2 people whith them in that game and theyre both on the homestead. I think the facial hair was more of a product of their respective cultures and time periods.

GunnerGalactico
03-22-2014, 10:30 AM
I don't mean to sound rude but I don't get why people want Connor to make a cameo or be part of the French Revolution. It just doesn't make sense for him to be in Europe, I know that Lafayette invited Connor to visit him in France but he doesn't have to go... he does not have any dealings there. It would be plausible if he remained in America and rebuilt the Brotherhood.

Templar_Az
03-22-2014, 02:00 PM
^ I also think its weird that a Native American would be in France. If you think about it, its kinda weird for Ezio (who is Italian) to be in Constantinople. I mean even tho everyone speaks English in the game wouldnt there be a language barrier if it was real life?; so there needs to be atleast half a year to a year of language lessons before anyone gets Assassinated :P

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Connor in France as a cameo would be awesome. I think they're going to use him for PS Exclusive DLC. That'd move sales, I'd tell ya.

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Connor in France as a cameo would be awesome. I think they're going to use him for PS Exclusive DLC. That'd move sales, I'd tell ya.

That'd be such a **** move.

I could see it happening.

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 02:44 PM
That'd be such a **** move.

I could see it happening.

That'd be a great move in my opinion. :P

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 02:48 PM
That'd be a great move in my opinion. :P

I just hate console exclusive content.

Everyone should be given the opportunity to the full experience.

#PCgamerAnywaySoDoesn'tMatterTooMuchButStill

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Copying and pasting an analysis from another thread on the same theory - Access the Animus

Assassin's Creed: Unity
The new Chapter has finally been announced
Written by: ATA Team
Translated by: Sara, Markuz

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche [Let them eat cake]! We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!

With these words, after tons and tons of rumors, the official AC channels confirm AC:Unity to be the next AC chapter.
It seems like the rumors about this game, starting from the airplane ones from Neogaf, were actually true and we can now talk about our new Assassin in the Revolutionary France. The info that have been released up until now, suggest that the game should be for next-gen consoles only (PS4, XboXOne and PC) and it should be out during "Holiday 2014", meaning the Christmas time period confirmed by the ACItalia official Twitter account. After the trailer release, the game pre-order is already possible on Amazon.com for both PS4 and XboXOne.

Having dealt with the practical matters, we can now move on to the theorizing part of this article... no it's a drug for us, we cannot stop.

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUa/1.jpg

THE CHARACTER

The trailer confirms once more our analysis on the leaked picture of the new Assassin. In these brief scene, we can obviously look at him better and so, let's see if we can add something more to what we already wrote.

Our new Assassin, as we saw from the leaked screenshots, wears dark clothes, mostly dark-blue. The texture is rough and the stitchings are evident: both of these elements may hint at the Assassin's humble origins or, however, they may suggest his belonging to the Revolutionary class rather than the noble one.
In clear contrast with the dark blue, the Assassin wears leather gloves and and shoulder straps. Both of them are rough and have evident stitchings with white and outstanding refinements.
Around his neck, he seems to wear a sort of foulard, red and blue, very similar to the ones that the Revolutionaries wore in that period. Also the hood, therefore, has not the typical "beak" as already happened for Edward.

The Assassin wears gray trousers with double belts that are needed for the sword and the pistol. The pistol seems to be a flintlock pistol, which was highly used during the French Revolution. In addition, around his waist, he wears the typical red sash that characterized the Assassins from the previous chapters. Finally, he has leather boots, similar to the ones of the leaked screenshots.
The Assassin looks at something that seems to be a pocket watch and then he puts it away: definitely an action and an object a bit in contrast with his figure. This "aristocratic" posture could have been intentionally used for the characterization of the protagonist, especially if we think about Neogaf rumors basing on which the character of this chapter would be the leader of the French branch of the Brotherhood.

The title of the game does not have a number, and therefore, as claimed in the past by Ubisoft, the protagonist should not be a new character, but someone that we already know. Unless anything changed, therefore, we should already know our protagonist and therefore, given the historical period, it could be Connor. The body of the Assassin is definitely not in favor of this theory, but we are watching some pre-alpha footage so nothing is confirmed yet.

Another thing to consider about this matter is that we already heard in the past about the name of a French Assissin who could be conteporary to Unity. In the "Letters to the Dead" on ACInitiates , Adéwalé's grandson, Eseosa, in 1776, talked about a French Assassin and in particular, he said:

"As we are still a French colony, I have reached out to the Assassins in France for aid. I made contact with one Guillaume Beylier, who tells me that they cannot offer me reinforcements as they have their own troubles brewing. But he promised me to keep the lines of communication open, and support me however possible from the mother country. It is not much, but it feels good to have allies in spirit, if not in person."

Could this French Assassin make an appearence in Unity? Could he be related to our protagonist? If we follow the rumors that, up until now, have proven to be true, the name of the protagonist should be Arnaud (meaning "Strong as an Eagle / Eagle power") and this is the reason why we hypothesize that Guillaume Beylier is not the protagonist himself.

THE SETTING

Starting from the beginning of the video, we can see as first location a wide room with elegant and decorated windows which, after some research, have a lot of similarities with the Versailles Palace ones. They have some particular characteristcs that allowed us to identify not only Versailles, but even the exact room from which they are taken: the windows have a coffered intrados, decorated with golden flowers.

The marble lesenes (narrow, low-relief, vertical pillars in a wall) show acanthus leaves on their capitals and this feature allow us to say that they belong to the corinthian order.
The whole architecture of the room is rococo style: the floral motif, the light and mirror games.
These peculiarities lead us to locate the windows into the Galerie de Glaces in Versailles Palace.

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUA/2e.jpg

Right after this room, the location changes and we find ourselves into deserted and messed up streets, with papers flowing in the air, dark smoke in the background and palisades on the road. On the walls we can see French Revolution posters. The view changes again and the silence is interrupted by the sound of Notre Dame's bells and, with them, we hear the crowd screaming. French flags are hung on buildings and on the Notre Dame entrance. We reach our Assassin who stands on a roof and looks at the scene from the distance. The last thing we see is the guillottine that closes the scene.

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUA/3.jpg

Specifically, observing in-depth the guillotine frame by frame it is possible to notice that it features several writings. The majority of these is hardly readable but the engraving on the transversal iron
bar can be easily interpreted: "MARIE ANTOINETTE D'AUTRICHE". That is a reference to Marie Antoinette, Queen of France and Navarre, and whose death marked the end of the Ancien Regime. If the name of Marie Antoinette indicates that she will be or has already been executed with this guillotine, then we are facing an historical inaccuracy as Marie Antoinette was guillotined in Place de la Revolution, now the Place de la Concorde, in 1793 .

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUA/5a.jpg

Also, interesting fact, it's impossible not to notice the similarities with the trailer of the original Assassin's Creed: the crowd attending the public execution, the Assassin looking from above, the sounds of the bells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-UDF9SzELI

THE DEVELOPING TEAM

We do not know much about the team working on AC:Unity but it was confirmed that Ashraf Ismail and Darby McDevitt are not part of it(it was quite obvious actually). It was, instead, confirmed that Mohamed Gambouz, previously Art Director for AC2 and ACB, will do the same for this chapter and that part of the plot was written by Philippe Antoine Ménard, already writer for AC: Initiates.
We also found out through our research an interesting piece of news: Alexandre Amancio, who already was Creative Director for Revelations, may be the Creative Director for Unity too.

THE ENDING

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACUA/8.png

The final screen where it is possible to see the logo and the writing "Available holiday 2014" may be the first representation of the Animus background of this chapter of Assassin's Creed.

We hope you enjoyd our analysis. Stay with us!

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 02:19 AM
^ Great article Humble! thanks for posting. :)

Let's hope he isn't involved with this game...raging about charles lee.
Connor killed Charles Lee, did you forget that? LOL

I-Like-Pie45
03-23-2014, 03:13 AM
^ Great article Humble! thanks for posting. :)

zombie

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 03:20 AM
zombie

Ubisoft DID say zombies were possible :rolleyes:

TO_M
03-23-2014, 03:22 AM

You can't rage about a dead person?

Also he'll most likely not even show up in this game so who cares? LOL

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 03:43 AM
You can't rage about a dead person?

Also he'll most likely not even show up in this game so who cares? LOL
I'm sure Connor left the raging over Charles in the past.

I think you'll have to find something you like about Connor, because you might see him in future AC games more than you would like. ;)

TO_M
03-23-2014, 03:58 AM
I'm sure Connor left the raging over Charles in the past.

I think you'll have to find something you like about Connor, because you might see him in future AC games more than you would like. ;)

I really doubt that.

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 04:05 AM
I really doubt that.
Just try, that's all I'm asking. ;)

Are you an Ezio fan?

ze_topazio
03-23-2014, 04:08 AM
Zombies? I hope Cesare returns as an unstoppable zombie.

TO_M
03-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Just try, that's all I'm asking. ;)

Are you an Ezio fan?

I meant that I doubt that Connor will be appearing in future AC games.

I don't heavily dislike Connor or anything, his way of talkings just irks me the wrong way for some reason. In the trailers he's a total baddass.
+ His charles lee raging (while logical) just annoyed me.
I'm not a fan of Ezio in particular, although I do like him more than Connor.

Radman500
03-23-2014, 04:47 AM
come on guys why are we still debating this...the ubi blog said "new era, new assassin"

destroys connor protag theory

Shahkulu101
03-23-2014, 04:49 AM
Zombies? I hope Cesare returns as an unstoppable zombie.

Better still, EZIO returns as an unstoppable zombie.

Assassin's Creed VI: Godzio's Return

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 04:50 AM
I meant that I doubt that Connor will be appearing in future AC games.

I don't heavily dislike Connor or anything, his way of talkings just irks me the wrong way for some reason. In the trailers he's a total baddass.
+ His charles lee raging (while logical) just annoyed me.
I'm not a fan of Ezio in particular, although I do like him more than Connor.
I just think you should look past those issues, honestly the reason why he was so set on finding revenge is because Charles burned down his village, Lee was responsible for the murder of Connor's mother. Lee also strangled Connor when he was a child we know that is going to have an effect on anyone psychologically and just to add on to all the torment he witnessed his mother burned alive the village destroyed, seeing all that happened to him he wouldn't be the happy go lucky kind of a guy..Now if you were in Connor's shoes you'd have every right to be vengeful and angry at Charles Lee and his minions.

The scripting for Connor at some moments only the Lee moments in particular weren't my favourite (I'm saying that as a Connor fan), the writers should have spent more time even the director may have been at fault. Now I don't blame the scripting on Connor's character, it was a fault of the writers. I don't shift blame on to Connor's VA - Noah Watts is awesome. It's just the writers fault for the scripting.
if you look past that issue you'll see that Connor's personality is as deep as the ocean, layers to his character.

I see that trend so often, because Connor followed after Ezio and fans just didn't like that.

Connor is still badass his fighting/combat style is still amazing...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 05:17 AM
^ This :D

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 05:23 AM
I just think you should look past those issues, honestly the reason why he was so set on finding revenge is because Charles burned down his village, Lee was responsible for the murder of Connor's mother. Lee also strangled Connor when he was a child we know that is going to have an effect on anyone psychologically and just to add on to all the torment he witnessed his mother burned alive the village destroyed, seeing all that happened to him he wouldn't be the happy go lucky kind of a guy..Now if you were in Connor's shoes you'd have every right to be vengeful and angry at Charles Lee and his minions.

The scripting for Connor at some moments only the Lee moments in particular weren't my favourite (I'm saying that as a Connor fan), the writers should have spent more time even the director may have been at fault. Now I don't blame the scripting on Connor's character, it was a fault of the writers. I don't shift blame on to Connor's VA - Noah Watts is awesome. It's just the writers fault for the scripting.
if you look past that issue you'll see that Connor's personality is as deep as the ocean, layers to his character.

I see that trend so often, because Connor followed after Ezio and fans just didn't like that.

Connor is still badass his fighting/combat style is still amazing...

Charles didn't burn down his village. Washington did.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 05:38 AM
Charles didn't burn down his village. Washington did.

But remember, he still said "Charles Less is no less a monster and all he does under [Haytham/Templar] command."

And one of the main reasons he still needed to kill Charles was because Charles told his friend that he was against his own people and fighting along side of them, and apparently he decided to believe him, causing him to confront Connor about it. Connor tried to say he was a lier and ended up having to kill him in self defense :( Very said to be honest. And Charles had some done some other things that needed him dead, e.g. trying to assassinate Washington, etc.

Just some supporting details:

"Kanen'tó:kon angrily mentioned that he should not have believed Connor would protect their village, accusing him of turning against their people, and of being seduced by Washington's cause. Though Connor desperately insisted that Lee had fed him lies, Kanen'tó:kon attacked him. After a struggle, Connor was forced to kill his friend."

"Lafayette told Connor that Lee had showed up moments before to take charge; screaming at everyone to advance before riding away. At that moment, a large number of British soldiers came to surround the area, and Connor volunteered to cover their retreat."

"...Connor told him that Lee had betrayed the Continental Army; a claim that Lafayette supported, due to Lee's unusual behavior before the battle."

"The death of Kanen'tó:kon solidified his desire to kill Lee, and Connor drew a dagger near Lee's portrait on his target wall."

Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ratonhnhaké:ton

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 05:42 AM
But remember, he still said "Charles Less is no less a monster and all he does under [Haytham/Templar] command."

And one of the main reasons he still needed to kill Charles was because Charles told his friend that he was against his own people and fighting along side of them, and apparently he decided to believe him, causing him to confront Connor about it. Connor tried to say he was a lier and ended up having to kill him in self defense :( Very said to be honest. And Charles had some done some other things that needed him dead, e.g. trying to assassinate Washington, etc.

Just some supporting details:

"Kanen'tó:kon angrily mentioned that he should not have believed Connor would protect their village, accusing him of turning against their people, and of being seduced by Washington's cause. Though Connor desperately insisted that Lee had fed him lies, Kanen'tó:kon attacked him. After a struggle, Connor was forced to kill his friend."

"Lafayette told Connor that Lee had showed up moments before to take charge; screaming at everyone to advance before riding away. At that moment, a large number of British soldiers came to surround the area, and Connor volunteered to cover their retreat."

"...Connor told him that Lee had betrayed the Continental Army; a claim that Lafayette supported, due to Lee's unusual behavior before the battle."

"The death of Kanen'tó:kon solidified his desire to kill Lee, and Connor drew a dagger near Lee's portrait on his target wall."

Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ratonhnhaké:ton

Neither Haytham or the Templars burnt down the village. Washington did.

Lee did some sketchy things, but his misdeeds had unintentional indirect influences on events that could have easily been avoided had people had listen to reason.

Connor's endless hate for him is somewhat unjustified. He shouldve directed that hate towards washington instead once the truth was discovered.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 05:49 AM

Lee did some sketchy things, but his misdeeds had unintentional indirect influences on events that could have easily been avoided had people had listen to reason.

Connor's endless hate for him is somewhat unjustified. He shouldve directed that hate towards washington instead once the truth was discovered.Urhm what? The Templars were about to kill the Natives if they didn't sell them the land. Then Lee decieved Raton's village to attack so they would be wiped. "Some sketchy things"? Sure Raton was pursing the wrong guys. At first. But Lee, Haytham & co proved him he was correct to do so

Radman500
03-23-2014, 05:53 AM
i just think it would be weird to see Raton in France....especially since he is mentor of the Colonial Brotherhood and has things to do there...Arno can handle France

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 06:04 AM
Urhm what? The Templars were about to kill the Natives if they didn't sell them the land. Then Lee decieved Raton's village to attack so they would be wiped. "Some sketchy things"? Sure Raton was pursing the wrong guys. At first. But Lee, Haytham & co proved him he was correct to do so

Exactly. And on a side note, he had to kill Lee anyway because it was an assassin's 'duty' to stop the Templars. And most likely the only reason why he didn't kill Haytham earlier, or didn't want to kill him, was because he was his father and still sought to reconcile with him.

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 06:13 AM
Urhm what? The Templars were about to kill the Natives if they didn't sell them the land. Then Lee decieved Raton's village to attack so they would be wiped. "Some sketchy things"? Sure Raton was pursing the wrong guys. At first. But Lee, Haytham & co proved him he was correct to do so

Exactly. And on a side note, he had to kill Lee anyway because it was an assassin's 'duty' to stop the Templars. And most likely the only reason why he didn't kill Haytham earlier, or didn't want to kill him, was because he was his father and still sought to reconcile with him.

Well then that's more Hickey's and Johnson's fault not Charles. Connor had no real reason to hate templars or to be an assassin in the first place other than a magical divine being told him to. If Connor was willing to spare Haytham, then he should have been willing to spare Charles. Just because Haytham is blood related to connor doesn't mean his deeds are more excusable than charles.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 06:36 AM
Well then that's more Hickey's and Johnson's fault not Charles. Connor had no real reason to hate templars or to be an assassin in the first place other than a magical divine being told him to. If Connor was willing to spare Haytham, then he should have been willing to spare Charles. Just because Haytham is blood related to connor doesn't mean his deeds are more excusable than charles.
#1 "no real reason to hate Templars" - did you miss the part about killing Natives and arranging a wipe of his village? And he had a reason to hate them even before that, he thought they burned the village. This is a legitimate motivation, even if incorrect.
#2 Lee called him an animal living in dirt and that he's nothing. Not exactly the same first impression as he got of Haytham. And the father thing would play a part for many people, few are completly immune to this kind of connection

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 06:44 AM
#1 "no real reason to hate Templars" - did you miss the part about killing Natives and arranging a wipe of his village? And he had a reason to hate them even before that, he thought they burned the village. This is a legitimate motivation, even if incorrect.
#2 Lee called him an animal living in dirt and that he's nothing. Not exactly the same first impression as he got of Haytham. And the father thing would play a part for many people, few are completly immune to this kind of connection

Thank you.

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 08:08 AM
Whoah!... Glad that was settled. ;)

Back on topic, as much as I would like to see Connor make an appearance in ACU ( or any other AC game for that matter ), he just wouldn't fit in there. As much as I don't want to say it out loud, I have to agree with Radman. Arno can handle things in France. IMO, Connor deserves to have a full game to himself whereby the story focuses on him. It wouldn't do him any justice to have cameo appearances in games that introduce new protagonists. I also think that having a Native American travelling to France to assist during the French Revolution is a far-fetched idea. Besides rebuilding the Brotherhood and recruiting Eseosa, Connor can also play a role in the Northwest Ordinance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_Ordinance

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 08:12 AM

Back on topic, as much as I would like to see Connor make an appearance in ACU ( or any other AC game for that matter ), he just wouldn't fit in there. As much as I don't want to say it out loud, I have to agree with Radman. Arno can handle things in France. IMO, Connor deserves to have a full game to himself whereby the story focuses on him. It wouldn't do him any justice to have cameo appearances in games that introduce new protagonists. I also think that having a Native American travelling to France to assist during the French Revolution is a far-fetched idea. Besides rebuilding the Brotherhood and recruiting Eseosa, Connor can also play a role in the Northwest Ordinance.

That's what I agreed with as well, and the full game can be like a Brotherhood/Revelations type of game, but better than any failures that they had :)

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 08:14 AM
That's what I agreed with as well, and the full game can be like a Brotherhood/Revelations type of game, but better than any failures that they had :)

Exactly! ;)

avk111
03-23-2014, 11:19 AM

Connor's endless hate for him is somewhat unjustified. He shouldve directed that hate towards washington instead once the truth was discovered.

Good day,

Its very simple really , with all due respect to both "Humble Assassin" and "Adventure Women"

Connor's personal vengeance towards Lee is unjustified and out of place , that was what Haytham was trying to show him all along , after discovering George W. was the person behind the initial burning , he stopped helping out George W. directly but continued helping the Patriots so that country can be free.

That was Connor's prespective on it. anyone who says he had a past hatred towards Lee and because he mislead his best friend has a weak argument, Lee was actually trying to save the Native's villlage from the patriots , he even married a native women. thus weak argument , the only reason he didnt like Lee even after knowing the truth is because if Lee conquered revolution then the country wouldnt be free.

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Good day,

Its very simple really , with all due respect to both "Humble Assassin" and "Adventure Women"

Connor's personal vengeance towards Lee is unjustified and out of place , that was what Haytham was trying to show him all along , after discovering George W. was the person behind the initial burning , he stopped helping out George W. directly but continued helping the Patriots so that country can be free.

That was Connor's prespective on it. anyone who says he had a past hatred towards Lee and because he mislead his best friend has a weak argument, Lee was actually trying to save the Native's villlage from the patriots , he even married a native women. thus weak argument , the only reason he didnt like Lee even after knowing the truth is because if Lee conquered revolution then the country wouldnt be free.

First of all, why are you re-opening an argument that was ended almost 5 hrs ago?

Secondly, It may have started out as a misguided revenge but Connor was justified in killing Charles Lee. Lee is not noble- he is sadistic, impulsive and violent. He did not care about saving the village or the villagers, he called them "human refuse".
Also, when did Charles Lee marry a Native American woman? :confused:

Even though Connor was initially angry that Washington burnt down his village, he knew that Washington was the only person who could lead the people after the Revolution was over. Charles Lee slandered Washington and even plotted to kill him. If Connor did not kill Lee, he would have succeeded in killing Washington the second time and the Revolution would have been unsuccessful.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Good day,

That was Connor's prespective on it. anyone who says he had a past hatred towards Lee and because he mislead his best friend has a weak argument, Lee was actually trying to save the Native's villlage from the patriots , he even married a native women. thus weak argument , the only reason he didnt like Lee even after knowing the truth is because if Lee conquered revolution then the country wouldnt be free.Real life Lee =/= AC3 Lee. The one in AC3 calls Natives animals living in dirt and there's not a single mention of any Native wife and children. And he & other Templars actively plot to get rid of Natives.

Ubisoft used historical Lee to make Haytham, Kaniehtí:io and Raton. And then turned Lee into straight-forward villain.

Will_Lucky
03-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Real life Lee =/= AC3 Lee. The one in AC3 calls Natives animals living in dirt and there's not a single mention of any Native wife and children. And he & other Templars actively plot to get rid of Natives.

Ubisoft used historical Lee to make Haytham, Kaniehtí:io and Raton. And then turned Lee into straight-forward villain.

Unfortunately yes, it was a shame to see that destroyed. I waited the whole game wondering when that was going to be revealed and it just never happened...

I think Connor could fit into a French game in a way, like I've said before just requires the right kind of writing to get it done.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Secondly, It may have started out as a misguided revenge but Connor was justified in killing Charles Lee. Lee is not noble- he is sadistic, impulsive and violent. He did not care about saving the village or the villagers, he called them "human refuse".

Even though Connor was initially angry that Washington burnt down his village, he knew that Washington was the only person who could lead the people after the Revolution was over. Charles Lee slandered Washington and even plotted to kill him. If Connor did not kill Lee, he would have succeeded in killing Washington the second time and the Revolution would have been unsuccessful.

Real life Lee =/= AC3 Lee. The one in AC3 calls Natives animals living in dirt and there's not a single mention of any Native wife and children. And he & other Templars actively plot to get rid of Natives.

Unfortunately yes, it was a shame to see that destroyed. I waited the whole game wondering when that was going to be revealed and it just never happened...

I think Connor could fit into a French game in a way, like I've said before just requires the right kind of writing to get it done.

What they said :)

avk111
03-23-2014, 04:05 PM
First of all, why are you re-opening an argument that was ended almost 5 hrs ago?

Good day ,

So let me get this straight , your saying that If Haytham was to assign another templar to lead the resistance against the British and gain independence , Connor would have sufficed ?

Wrong,

It didnt matter to Connor whether it was Lee or any other templar leading the resistance of the Colonies against the British , he was against the concept of Monarchism and people being ruled by an elite rather having their freedom.

He didnt mind working with the templars to achieve goals together as long as they give the people what they want the freedom of choice of their leadership.

As for the other posts stating that Historical Lee is Not Video Game Lee , it really doesnt matter. As explained above Connor never had a personal grind with Lee otherwise he would be ok with the templars rule however he is against the concept of being ruled by a selective party.

And NO , the templars did not seek to remove the indigenous people or even harm them in anyway, on the contrary they wanted to protect them as each templar had his part and WIlliam Johson's job was to protect the natives, even if they have to use force to do so , but thats another matter for another day.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
And NO , the templars did not seek to remove the indigenous people or even harm them in anyway, on the contrary they wanted to protect them as each templar had his part and WIlliam Johson's job was to protect the natives, even if they have to use force to do so , but thats another matter for another day.
In what universe getting killed sounds like 'protection'?

Perk89
03-23-2014, 04:26 PM
The entire thesis statement of this thread is terrible.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
In what universe getting killed sounds like 'protection'?

Exactly, not to mention that they were doing that just to get access to the Precursor site that their land was on.

avk111
03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Exactly, not to mention that they were doing that just to get access to the Precursor site that their land was on.

Check out the below conversation:

Connor: Ensured an end to your schemes. You sought to claim these lands for the Templars...
William: Aye. That we might PROTECT them! Do you think that good King George lies awake at night hoping that no harm comes to his native subjects? Or that the people of the city care one whit about them? Oh, sure, the colonists are happy to trade when they need food or shelter or a bit of extra padding for their armies. But when the walls of the city constrict - when there's crops that need soil - when there's... when there's no enemy to fight - we'll see how kind the people are then.
Connor: The colonists have no quarrel with the Iroquois.
William: Not yet. But they will. 'Tis the way of the world. In time, they'll turn. I... I could have stopped it. I could have saved you all...
Connor: You speak of salvation, but you were killing them.
William: Aye. Because they would not listen! And so, it seems, neither will you.
Connor: May the Faceless One grant you the peace you claimed to seek.

Secondly:

Oiá:ner: It is good to see you, though I wish it was more often.
Connor: I trust all is well?
Oiá:ner: Things have been peaceful since Johnson's passing. Although...
Connor: What is it?
Oiá:ner: Some are concerned. He promised safety and security. With him gone, we are alone once more. And now, the other villages speak of aligning with the Loyalists.
Connor: That is their choice. Our people walk a different path.
Oiá:ner: Yes... For a very long time, we have stood apart from the Haudenosaunee. Apart from the Kanien'kehá:ka. Apart from all others, in fact. I will not abandon our duty, but some days I cannot help but question it.
Connor: There is a reason that we stand alone. It is natural to wonder... To worry. But we must stand strong. We must have faith.
Oiá:ner: Truly the world is turned around when it is I who question and you who comfort.

Thirdly:

Connor: Johnson. Pitcairn. Hickey. They sought to steal land. To sack towns. To murder George Washington.
Haytham: Johnson sought to own the land that we might keep it safe. Pitcairn aimed to encourage diplomacy - which you cocked up thoroughly enough to start a god-damned war! And Hickey? George Washington is a wretched leader. He's lost nearly every battle in which he's taken part. The man's wracked with uncertainty and insecurity. Only look at Valley Forge to know my words are true. We're all be better off without him. Look, much as I'd love to spar with you, Benjamin Church's mouth is as big as his ego. You clearly want the supplies he's stolen, I want him punished. Our interests are aligned.

Conclusion:

The Templars do not seek to harm anyone they want to accomplish a Utopia whereby everyone is equal and united.

Thats what makes the struggle between Assassins and Templars so provocative/Controversial . Ying Yang / Light and Darkness.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-23-2014, 04:52 PM
It doesn't matter what they say. Actions matter and they had no remose about killing Natives. Hitler thought he was doing something good too...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 05:05 PM
^ Once again, thank you :)

In just about every game, the Templars only wanted to seek control, which obviously Connor thought was wrong and did what he could to ensure freedom for everyone.

▪ Haytham: You act as though you have some right to judge. To declare me and mine wrong for the world. And yet everything I've shown you - all I've said and done - should CLEARLY demonstrate otherwise. We did not harm your people. We did not support the Crown. We worked to see this land united and at peace. Under our rule all will be equal. Do the Patriots promise the same?
▪ Connor: They offer freedom.
▪ Haytham: Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.
▪ Connor: No. Together they will forge something new - better than what came before.
▪ Haytham: These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.
▪ Connor: The Patriot leaders do not seek control. There will be no monarch here. The people will have the power - as they should.
▪ Haytham: The people never have the power. Only the illusion of it. And here’s the real secret: they don’t want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It’s why they’re so quick to fall in line as soon as someone takes charge. They WANT to be told what to do. They YEARN for it. Little wonder, that, since all mankind was BUILT to SERVE.
▪ Connor: So because we are inclined by nature to be controlled, who better than the Templars? It is a poor offer.
▪ Haytham: It is truth! Principle and practice are two very different beasts.
▪ Connor: No, father... You have given up - and would have us all do the same.

Assassin_M
03-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Connor's entire story made sense to me, really. I don't really get it when people say they don't understand. It probably means i'm smarter than everyone (which should be obvious, peasants) He had a misguided vengeance against Lee. He saw white men demean his culture and beat the bloody crap out of him. till he met Achilles, these men were ONLY white mean from the colonies. Connor had a generalized view of the colonists because of that experience, then he met Juno and she explained that said white men would return and that he needed aid, so he went to Achilles and finally, the white men had a label...the evil white men, the ones who burned his village (which turned out wrong)..they were called Templars and thus Connor had a new perspective. a less generalized one, but naive nonetheless.

He still didnt really consider himself a patriot nor a son of liberty, which makes sense since the Assassins are their own entity. He only sided with the Patriots when a Templar was in the fold at first. it was an exchange of favors, but then Connor realized that aiding the Patriots AND expecting them to deliver Templars to him would be a waste of his time, so he opted to prioritize his goals. kill the templars first and foremost.

Then his view started changing again. he became sympathetic to the Patriot cause of freedom. He not only wanted freedom for his people, but for everyone. after seeing the massacre at Lexington and Concord from both sides British and colonist, he became more determined to stop the Templars and help the Colonists secure freedom, thinking that they'll also grant his people said freedom.

And so he meets Haytham, who puts the final perspective into Connor. the perspective of ambiguity. The Templars have plans and a goal, sure it might be misunderstood, but the Assassins are not better. The Templars are not necessarily the good guys (regardless of what they say, because killing natives is not exactly protection) but they're no different from the assassins, who seek peace through freedom. Connor saw his people get dismantled due to Lee's deception. He was finally convinced that his people will never be free...at least not in their village. He started seeing that the freedom and liberty the Patriots seek is only for landed white men. Connor cut his aid to Washington, but remained determined to help the colonists secure their freedom and rid them of the Templars. He cannot kill GW, because he'd then have accomplished what the Templars wanted all along AND he cannot let the Patriots suffer too many losses, since then it might lead to GW's removal and THAT might lead to the installation of Lee, so he was stuck. he can't get revenge, so he can only continue on the road he started.

Killing Lee meant the end of this war for Connor. the colonies would be safe from templar presence and the patriot leadership would remain in colonist hands, rather than Templar. Connor did not pursue lee out of hatred or revenge, evident by him accepting the final toast at the bar and only killing him when Lee nodded to him. (I should mention that they also spend several hours sitting together in the novel), he killed him because that was his goal from the very start. rid the colonies of Templars because he's the only Assassin left and the only one who'll fight the Templars.

to me, Connor's story, motivations and principles were clear as day.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Connor's entire story made sense to me, really. I don't really get it when people say they don't understand. It probably means i'm smarter than everyone (which should be obvious, peasants) He had a misguided vengeance against Lee. He saw white men demean his culture and beat the bloody crap out of him. till he met Achilles, these men were ONLY white mean from the colonies. Connor had a generalized view of the colonists because of that experience, then he met Juno and she explained that said white men would return and that he needed aid, so he went to Achilles and finally, the white men had a label...the evil white men, the ones who burned his village (which turned out wrong)..they were called Templars and thus Connor had a new perspective. a less generalized one, but naive nonetheless.

He still didnt really consider himself a patriot nor a son of liberty, which makes sense since the Assassins are their own entity. He only sided with the Patriots when a Templar was in the fold at first. it was an exchange of favors, but then Connor realized that aiding the Patriots AND expecting them to deliver Templars to him would be a waste of his time, so he opted to prioritize his goals. kill the templars first and foremost.

Then his view started changing again. he became sympathetic to the Patriot cause of freedom. He not only wanted freedom for his people, but for everyone. after seeing the massacre at Lexington and Concord from both sides British and colonist, he became more determined to stop the Templars and help the Colonists secure freedom, thinking that they'll also grant his people said freedom.

And so he meets Haytham, who puts the final perspective into Connor. the perspective of ambiguity. The Templars have plans and a goal, sure it might be misunderstood, but the Assassins are not better. The Templars are not necessarily the good guys (regardless of what they say, because killing natives is not exactly protection) but they're no different from the assassins, who seek peace through freedom. Connor saw his people get dismantled due to Lee's deception. He was finally convinced that his people will never be free...at least not in their village. He started seeing that the freedom and liberty the Patriots seek is only for landed white men. Connor cut his aid to Washington, but remained determined to help the colonists secure their freedom and rid them of the Templars. He cannot kill GW, because he'd then have accomplished what the Templars wanted all along AND he cannot let the Patriots suffer too many losses, since then it might lead to GW's removal and THAT might lead to the installation of Lee, so he was stuck. he can't get revenge, so he can only continue on the road he started.

Killing Lee meant the end of this war for Connor. the colonies would be safe from templar presence and the patriot leadership would remain in colonist hands, rather than Templar. Connor did not pursue lee out of hatred or revenge, evident by him accepting the final toast at the bar and only killing him when Lee nodded to him. (I should mention that they also spend several hours sitting together in the novel), he killed him because that was his goal from the very start. rid the colonies of Templars because he's the only Assassin left and the only one who'll fight the Templars.

to me, Connor's story, motivations and principles were clear as day.

THANK! YOU! M! Why are you so awesome? ;)

silvermercy
03-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Back to discussing the various theories... We already KNOW that Connor is not a protagonist and, yes, I'd like a full game for him. :)

Not saying he'll appear but my general questions still exist:

- Why not a numbered title as is the tradition for each new protagonist. This shows connection with a previous protagonist. Unless they dropped this tradition now.
- How exactly it is far fetched for him to travel elsewhere? First he has an open invitation by Lafayette. Second Ezio did but Connor can't? Third, Connor himself had already traveled extensively with the Aquila. What prohibits him now? Fourth, he is also half-white and from Europe; people seem to forget that all the time. Fifth, his father was a grand master Templar. In Europe. He was European. Surely that's a big enough reason to travel someday just for that fact alone.. At least it'd be for me. Sixth, has bobody heard of "business" trips or building business relations? Can't colonial assassins do business trips and connect with other assassins? Surely there IS a communication, other than letters, between countries/continents or everything would fall apart when it comes to synchronising.

Again, not saying that he will, but the talk of him not fitting in Europe or not travelling to Europe, especially if he's a bit older and mature, doesn't make sense to me. That's because he could travel there for perfectly legitimate reasons and he could fit in.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Not saying he'll appear but my general questions still exist:

- Why not a numbered title as is the tradition for each new protagonist. This shows connection with a previous protagonist. Unless they dropped this tradition now.
- How exactly it is far fetched for him to travel elsewhere? First he has an open invitation by Lafayette. Second Ezio did but Connor can't? Third, Connor himself had already traveled extensively with the Aquila. What prohibits him now? Fourth, he is also half-white and from Europe; people seem to forget that all the time. Fifth, his father was a grand master Templar. In Europe. He was European. Surely that's a big enough reason to travel someday just for that fact alone.. At least it'd be for me. Sixth, has bobody heard of "business" trips or building business relations? Can't colonial assassins do business trips and connect with other assassins? Surely there IS a communication, other than letters, between countries/continents or everything would fall apart when it comes to synchronising.

Again, not saying that he will, but the talk of him not fitting in Europe or not travelling to Europe, especially if he's a bit older and mature, doesn't make sense to me. That's because he could travel there for perfectly legitimate reasons and he could fit in.

My thoughts exactly, but Ubisoft could be pulling our leg once again to either get fans super hyped or super disappointed depending on how much they've been know to troll in the past.

And if they decide to abandon that numbered title tradition NOW, then I find that stupid because they know the fans are already used to it by now, unless they say something but still…

OR who knows, they may even change the title before the game is officially released...

TheHumanTowel
03-23-2014, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 06:26 PM
All these theories for Connor's story during AC3 are interesting. I think all of us Connor fans can come to some agreement that we would like to see a full game for him in the future. I honestly don't want a setting forced upon him just for connivence that wouldn't give his character the justice he deserves. If he appears in Unity I would be happy if he doesn't I don't mind - Darby mentioned in that AC den podcast I'm paraphrasing he said something along the lines of "Don't worry if your favourite assassin's story hasn't been properly explained we have many years of stories and they will be featured in the future" - I think that Darby was referring to Connor.

Fellow Connor fans please try to find some common ground and we'll have to keep the faith for the future that Ubisoft might bring back Connor/ a full game for him in the future - it might not happen for this game or even AC5 but let's all be patient and keep the faith. I say that from the bottom of my heart.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 06:33 PM
^ Agreed. Well said!

Darby mentioned in that AC den podcast I'm paraphrasing he said something along the lines of "Don't worry if your favourite assassin's story hasn't been properly explained we have many years of stories and they will be featured in the future" - I think that Darby was referring to Connor.

All the more reason that the fans will never give up :)

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 06:51 PM
All these theories for Connor's story during AC3 are interesting. I think all of us Connor fans can come to some agreement that we would like to see a full game for him in the future. I honestly don't want a setting forced upon him just for connivence that wouldn't give his character the justice he deserves. If he appears in Unity I would be happy if he doesn't I don't mind - Darby mentioned in that AC den podcast I'm paraphrasing he said something along the lines of "Don't worry if your favourite assassin's story hasn't been properly explained we have many years of stories and they will be featured in the future" - I think that Darby was referring to Connor.

Fellow Connor fans please try to find some common ground and we'll have to keep the faith for the future that Ubisoft might bring back Connor/ a full game for him in the future - it might not happen for this game or even AC5 but let's all be patient and keep the faith. I say that from the bottom of my heart.

That's what I said earlier ;)

It is good to see everyone remaining enthusiastic... as long as everyone doesn't pester Ubisoft and remains positive, we will see Connor again in the future ( not too long hopefully :) ).

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Thing is Ubisoft won't usually make a sequel game unless an Era is particularly interesting (enough to be a selling point) or the character has lots of demand.

French Revolution is the only close sellable era I can think of that connor can fit in. You have ideas what era he could be in?

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Thing is Ubisoft won't usually make a sequel game unless an Era is particularly interesting (enough to be a selling point) or the character has lots of demand.

French Revolution is the only close sellable era I can think of that connor can fit in. You have ideas what era he could be in?

From an earlier post:

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 07:04 PM
From an earlier post:

But the Northwest Ordinance isn't really a sell-able era. :confused:

It lacks the "YEYUH FREEDUMS BALD EAGLE" of AC3 and "YA PIRATES" of AC4 and "YEAH CHOPPIN OFF HEADS" of AC Unity ... :(

I doubt Ubisoft would do that.

At most, they'd do that on a vita game or something.

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 07:09 PM
But the Northwest Ordinance isn't really a sell-able era. :confused:

It lacks the "YEYUH FREEDUMS BALD EAGLE" of AC3 and "YA PIRATES" of AC4 and "YEAH CHOPPIN OFF HEADS" of AC Unity ... :(

I doubt Ubisoft would do that.

At most, they'd do that on a vita game or something.

Ubisoft could always put their own spin on it and make it exciting just as they did with the Battle of Arsuf, Bonfire of the Vanities, Boston Tea Party... just to name a few.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 07:13 PM
The American Revolution was not the only major event that took place in history during Connor's time; there were others but they have to due their research obviously. Give. It. Time. If they do bring him outside of the country, it's possible. Ezio was allowed to travel; why can't Connor?

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Ubisoft could always put their own spin on it and make it exciting just as they did with the Battle of Arsuf, Bonfire of the Vanities, Boston Tea Party... just to name a few.

Yeah but here in 'Murica, things like Boston Tea Party is already super famous.

People wouldn't think it weird if someone was like "EFF YEAH BOSTON TEA PARTY"

but if you said " EFF YEAH NORTHWEST ORDINANCE" people would just look at you weird.

Not a sellable enough era.

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 07:17 PM
people would just look at you weird..

That's no excuse.. I am South African and Native American culture and American history are not even in my school curriculum. I just read things out of sheer interest.

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 07:26 PM
That's no excuse.. I am South African and Native American culture and American history are not even in my school curriculum. I just read things out of sheer interest.

I know but Ubisoft usually prefers ideas that would sell well in America and Europe. (Hence why connor was initially portrayed as a white guy in the trailers of AC3 and advertisements. I don't agree with it though) At least that's what I heard. Though i don't remember if it was from a written interview or podcast. Gonna try to see if I can find the source real quick.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 07:32 PM
I know but Ubisoft usually prefers ideas that would sell well in America and Europe. (Hence why connor was initially portrayed as a white guy in the trailers of AC3 and advertisements. I don't agree with it though) At least that's what I heard. Though i don't remember if it was from a written interview or podcast. Gonna try to see if I can find the source real quick.

Here's something :)

Connor was initially meant to be purely Native American until the team chose to make him a British-American.

Source: Imagine FX Magazine December 2012

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Here's something :)

Connor was initially meant to be purely Native American until the team chose to make him a British-American.

Source: Imagine FX Magazine December 2012

That's another example.

Though I don't know if it was because in interest of plot w/ Haytham or not.

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 07:33 PM

Some of the events that I've seen in previous AC games... I've never heard of them too. When I looked it up and read about, it didn't sound quite exciting either. When you see it in a game, the events are very entertaining and exciting because you are part of the action... you're not just witnessing it take place. :)

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Some of the events that I've seen in previous AC games... I've never heard of them too. When I looked it up and read about, it didn't sound quite exciting either. When you see it in a game, the events are very entertaining and exciting because you are part of the action... you're not just witnessing take place. :)

I agree with you completely. Im just saying Ubisoft probably wont do Northwest Ordinance with Connor because it won't call interest to a large sum of American and European consumers.

The selling point of AC is the eras after all.

French Revolution is Connor's best bet.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Some of the events that I've seen in previous AC games... I've never heard of them too. When I looked it up and read about, it didn't sound quite exciting either. When you see it in a game, the events are very entertaining and exciting because you are part of the action... you're not just witnessing it take place. :)

Very true.

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 07:49 PM
I agree with you completely. Im just saying Ubisoft probably wont do Northwest Ordinance with Connor because it won't call interest to a large sum of American and European consumers.

The selling point of AC is the eras after all.

French Revolution is Connor's best bet.

The Northwest Ordinance was just an idea.. I only suggested that because it fits the timeline for AC3 and it was convenient for Connor. The reason why I disagree with the French Revolution is because of the Reign of Terror that took place in France. It was a terrible time- people were sent to the guillotine for trivial reasons. Petty thieves, people who didn't pay their taxes on time or people who were travelling from neighbouring countries were executed for no apparent reason. If you put Connor there, the fact that he is an Assassin and is half Native American- that alone would've condemned him.

I'm not saying that the Northwest Ordinance is the only event, there are other key events in American history.

JustPlainQuirky
03-23-2014, 07:54 PM
The Northwest Ordinance was just an idea.. I only suggested that because it fits the timeline for AC3 and it was convenient for Connor. The reason why I disagree with the French Revolution is because of the Reign of Terror that took place in France. It was a terrible time- people were sent to the guillotine for trivial reasons. Petty thieves, people who didn't pay their taxes on time or people who were travelling from neighbouring countries were executed for no apparent reason. If you put Connor there, the fact that he is an Assassin and is half Native American- that alone would've condemned him.

I'm not saying that the Northwest Ordinance is the only idea, there are other key events in American history.

That would provide an interesting twist to the plot. Connor always having to hide from the mob instead of the soldiers.

Any other examples?

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 08:16 PM
That would provide an interesting twist to the plot. Connor always having to hide from the mob instead of the soldiers.

Any other examples?

Well uhmmm! :rolleyes:

This is the 18th century we are talking about here, every country has laws and legislations regarding foreigners coming to the country. Connor would have to present travel papers ( just like how we need passports :p ). It's not exactly like he can keep his head down and hide. Worst Case Scenario, the Templars in France have high-ranking positions in the government. Let's not forget, Templars are very resourceful and word spreads out that the Templars in America were wiped out by Connor. The fact that he came into France, they would know about it. Templars have eyes and ears everywhere. Connor is in an unfamiliar country, he is not going to know who to trust. What would happen if they captured him? The laws in France would be very unkind to him... and then you know what's gonna happen next :(

avk111
03-23-2014, 08:36 PM
It doesn't matter what they say. Actions matter and they had no remose about killing Natives. Hitler thought he was doing something good too...

Thats a relative statement my dear, I state what is exactly happened as per the title.

stop hating on the Templars or Charles Lee in specific , they had a vision of a United States of America different from what the Assassins wanted , Connor is a no different, he single handledly sabotaged the safety of his people for his own subjective reasoning. The Templars are the law makers and whoever breaks the law faces consequences, and however abides by the law remains In Stability and safe. Connor approved of this reality when he spoke later to Achillies that he didn't feel any sense of accomplishment in assassinating Johnson

Connor: I thought it might bring clarity. Or instill a sense of accomplishment. But all I feel is regret.

Achilles and Connor discussing their next move
Achilles: Hold fast to that. Such sacrifices must never come lightly.

another post mentioned the climax conversation between Connor and Haytham during their final battle. I don't know how that explains anything else except that Templars are no different from Assassins , they want peace for everyone it's just each is convinced their way is better, nothing to do with some weird Charles Lee obsessiveness or anything even close to that matter.

Case closed your honor. :)

GunnerGalactico
03-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Thats a relative statement my dear, I state what is exactly happened as per the title.

stop hating on the Templars or Charles Lee in specific , they had a vision of a United States of America different from what the Assassins wanted , Connor is a no different, he single handledly sabotaged the safety of his people for his own subjective reasoning. The Templars are the law makers and whoever breaks the law faces consequences, and however abides by the law remains In Stability and safe. Connor approved of this reality when he spoke later to Achillies that he didn't feel any sense of accomplishment in assassinating Johnson

Connor: I thought it might bring clarity. Or instill a sense of accomplishment. But all I feel is regret.

Achilles and Connor discussing their next move
Achilles: Hold fast to that. Such sacrifices must never come lightly.

another post mentioned the climax conversation between Connor and Haytham during their final battle. I don't know how that explains anything else except that Templars are no different from Assassins , they want peace for everyone it's just each is convinced their way is better, nothing to do with some weird Charles Lee obsessiveness or anything even close to that matter.

Case closed your honor. :)

AWW MAN

WILL YOU GIVE IT A REST ALREADY :mad:

That argument was closed and forgotten over 3 hrs ago. Nobody won or lost that debate. There was no need to bring it up again.

TheHumanTowel
03-23-2014, 08:46 PM
All caps

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Charles Lee was beating up Connor when he was a kid, is that not enough to start hating him?

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Charles Lee was beating up Connor when he was a kid, is that not enough to start hating him?
Agreed!

Exactly what I said earlier! It is enough for Connor or anyone to start hating someone!

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 09:22 PM

Of course!

TheHumanTowel
03-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Agreed!

Exactly what I said earlier! It is enough for Connor or anyone to start hating someone!
But apparently Washington burning down his village isn't enough to stop him from continuing to help him win battles and expose spies.

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:36 PM
But apparently Washington burning down his village isn't enough to stop him from continuing to help him win battles and expose spies.
Helping Washington ment helping all the patriots, killing Charles Lee ment destroying the Templar order. If he killed Washington all he had fought for would have been for nothing.
Although he did react too cool when he heard that.

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 09:37 PM
^ Agreed. Well said!
Niawen’kó:wa <3

All the more reason that the fans will never give up :)
Yeah! It's also nice to see that fans are passionate about Connor, I'm sure Ubisoft knows this all too well, I know for a fact they keep close tabs on Wolfkin Initiative.

That's what I said earlier ;)

It is good to see everyone remaining enthusiastic... as long as everyone doesn't pester Ubisoft and remains positive, we will see Connor again in the future ( not too long hopefully :) ).
I'm happy we share the same opinion on that issue, because it would be unfair for Connor to be forced into a setting that doesn't suit him, if there is going to be a sequel for Connor it needs to be done right!

I agree it's amazing that fellow Connor fans remain enthusiastic, yeah we all just need to remain calm - it;s understandable for fans to feel like they have been ignored that's why so many get angry at Ubisoft because they think that they are neglecting Connor's story but in fact they are listening to feedback and fans opinions.

This amazing quote from the man Connor himself is fitting to us to remember:

"..I realize now that it will take time, that the road ahead is long and shrouded in darkness, it is a road which will not always take me where I wish to go and I doubt I will live to see it’s end, but I will travel down it nonetheless. For at my side walks hope. In the face of all that insists I turn back, I carry on.."~ Ratonhnhaké:ton - 1781

:)

lothario-da-be
03-23-2014, 09:41 PM

Yeah! It's also nice to see that fans are passionate about Connor, I'm sure Ubisoft knows this all too well, I know for a fact they keep close tabs on Wolfkin Initiative.

I'm happy we share the same opinion on that issue, because it would be unfair for Connor to be forced into a setting that doesn't suit him, if there is going to be a sequel for Connor it needs to be done right!

I agree it's amazing that fellow Connor fans remain enthusiastic, yeah we all just need to remain calm - it;s understandable for fans to feel like they have been ignored that's why so many get angry at Ubisoft because they think that they are neglecting Connor's story but in fact they are listening to feedback and fans opinions.

"..I realize now that it will take time, that the road ahead is long and shrouded in darkness, it is a road which will not always take me where I wish to go and I doubt I will live to see it’s end, but I will travel down it nonetheless. For at my side walks hope. In the face of all that insists I turn back, I carry on.."~ Ratonhnhaké:ton - 1781

I agree with everything in your post! Connor might be more popular then we think. My Connor sequel fb page has more then 1700 likes in less then a year with only 1 admin. That proves there are much people who want too see more of Connor's story.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 10:05 PM

It feels so good to hear this :)

I agree with everything in your post! Connor might be more popular then we think. My Connor sequel fb page has more then 1700 likes in less then a year with only 1 admin. That proves there are much people who want too see more of Connor's story.

Yeah, I saw that too and I was literally like "NICE!"

avk111
03-24-2014, 10:00 AM
AWW MAN

WILL YOU GIVE IT A REST ALREADY :mad:

That argument was closed and forgotten over 3 hrs ago. Nobody won or lost that debate. There was no need to bring it up again.

Good day,

Apologies for the misunderstanding , my reply time is slow thus It takes me time to reply to the discussion.

My aim is for the character lovers not to be misguided by subjective thinking or any mislead thoughts, as this maybe the first and last chapter we will see of Connor.

Thus its very important to note the factual motives and drives of the character.

Again I dont want to force anything down your throat , however you have to understand that Connor's struggle was for a larger cause than to get rid of some past event during his childhood i.e. vengeance or one-sided good versus evil battle against the templar Charles Lee .

His realization that the templars are fighting for a good cause has hindered his mission to stop them.

Connor: I have been reunited with my father, but do not yet know if this bodes well or ill. Our goals are aligned, at least so far as independence is concerned. But he continues to defend Charles Lee - the man who murdered my mother and burned my village... Still, he makes a point about Washington and those who back him. I hear much talk of freedom and equality, but it seems one must be a landed white man to benefit. What of someone like me? Or Surry (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Surry)? What role for us in this new world? Is my father right, then? There is so much I must consider and so little time in which to do it.

Connor may not have personally liked Lee, however his cause was not to stop him but to stop the templar organization all together, at the

sametime if people are going to argue it was because Connor was beaten down by Charles Lee as a kid , that's a false argument because

William Johnson was the one who smacked Connor unconscious with his rifle , yet Connor was ok with sparing his life.

Like every book and every story there are opinions and thats fine , however stick to the factual elements , and by factual elements here I mean the highly vital statment that Connor stated at the ending epilogue.

Farlander1991
03-24-2014, 10:04 AM
This is a forum. People don't sit here all the time. 3 hours is nothing. No need to prevent people from saying something if they want to.

If it had been 3 weeks with no discussion on the topic - then we're talking about putting something to rest.

kingdomgio
04-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Check these analysis I've made... Connor is Still a possible character, and not only a cameo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9KgjcQz8R4
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=601940439898750&set=a.141646615928137.31693.137373906355408&type=1&stream_ref=10

And you'll find more at https://www.facebook.com/IlSalottodegliAssassini

-kingdomgio-