PDA

View Full Version : could it be Connor still

Radman500
03-21-2014, 10:38 PM
no new number= no new assassin

unity continuation of connor story

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 10:39 PM
It kinda worries me..since they said that AC4 had a numeral because they felt it was big enough to have its own number..which makes me think that Unity might not be as big..

But I am sure that many will ask this of Ubi and they will have a fine answer.

Besides, Brotherhood/ Revelations had more content than AC1/2 anyway.

Aphex_Tim
03-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Yeah, Connor just drastically changed his body type after AC3.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 10:41 PM
would be hilariously awesome if that were true.

But Darby McDevitt and Noah Watts said otherwise.

Plus he wouldn't really fit. Makes more sense as a side character.

Either way I wouldn't mind.

Edit:

And as Aphex said. Body type different.

deskp
03-21-2014, 10:42 PM
It would be a waste of the setting to use connor again.

they are releasing 2 big games this eyar supposedly so dont get hung up on the naming just yet.

Its abit of a gamble releasing a game for only enw consoles. Unity might be an assassins creed game that will go on for some time. getting serious expansions to extend its lfietime proeprly to make up for the cost of it for a generation of consoles not THAT many people have yet.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 10:45 PM
For those of you who think that Unity and Comet will be smaller because release same year:

Both of them have just as many (if not more) people working on each of them. Do not worry. Unity will likely be the biggest game in AC history, maybe take advantage of last gen drop to make cities seamless..and Comet will likely be just as big as AC3/4..because don't forget that AC4 came out on last gen too!

Hans684
03-21-2014, 10:47 PM
They are done with the Kenway Sage so
http://truestorieswithgill.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/20130915-190532.jpg

Will_Lucky
03-21-2014, 10:50 PM
You never know, maybe they'll pull a Metal Gear Solid 2. We play the first sequence as this French Assassin and then Connor takes over for the rest of the game. Pull a AC3 on us all over again.

I-Like-Pie45
03-21-2014, 10:53 PM
You never know, maybe they'll pull a Metal Gear Solid 2. We play the first sequence as this French Assassin and then Connor takes over for the rest of the game. Pull a AC3 on us all over again.

Oh god no... that means we'll get a Naked Connor sequence...

The collective fangirl fangasm will destroy the internets....

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Oh god no... that means we'll get a Naked Connor sequence...

The collective fangirl fangasm will destroy the internets....

Lolz…

Also, Darby had a recent post on this Twitter when someone asked about Connor/French Rev:

@Mentor_DeanD I think another Connor story would be great, just not where you suggested. That just sounds like an easy pastiche.

Don't know what that word 'pastiche' means, but maybe he's only talking about a French Revolution setting for him and not a sequel in general?

Plus, he has a habit for trolling fans, so don't think too hard on it lol

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 11:03 PM
His mouth indeed looked like Connor's, but I don't think they would make another game with him as protagonist. That video didn't make Arnaldo distinct though, but if you think about, apart from AC4, none of the reveal trailers made the assassins look like anything in particular.

It kinda worries me..since they said that AC4 had a numeral because they felt it was big enough to have its own number..which makes me think that Unity might not be as big..

Maybe they are just dropping numbers, I guess. Or are saving them for when the upgrade is huge, like it was for AC3 with the new engine. I have always felt they numbered AC4 because of marketing, not because of anything else they came up with. It probably looked better if a new gen launch game was a full numbered release, so they made Black Flag AC4. Those things do make a difference when it comes to image and marketing.

overdidd
03-21-2014, 11:09 PM
It's Ezio... Juno reincarnated him...

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Lolz…

Also, Darby had a recent post on this Twitter when someone asked about Connor/French Rev:

@Mentor_DeanD I think another Connor story would be great, just not where you suggested. That just sounds like an easy pastiche.

Don't know what that word 'pastiche' means, but maybe he's only talking about a French Revolution setting for him and not a sequel in general?

Plus, he has a habit for trolling fans, so don't think too hard on it lol

So connor making a cameo in french revolution has been debunked?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Oh well. At least he didn't say "no connor anytime soon" this time. At least connor has something in development most likely.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 11:15 PM
So connor making a cameo in french revolution has been debunked?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Oh well. At least he didn't say "no connor anytime soon" this time. At least connor has something in development most likely.

You never know. He's not writing the script for this game but he might even make a cameo. And if there was a almost full game in development for him, we won't see it for a while; they just have to know where to put him. I can live with that as long as it is in the works, but of course Ubisoft will not say anything… yet :)

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 11:18 PM
You never know. He's not writing the script for this game but he might even make a cameo. And if there was a almost full game in development for him, we won't see it for a while; they just have to know where to put him. I can live with that as long as it is in the works, but of course Ubisoft will not say anything… yet :)

Ubisoft.

Ubisoft.

Ubisoft Montreal.

Listen to me Ubisoft.

Corey.

Corey my dawg.

Gimme Connor.

It dun mattah if heeze a cammyo or a playuble char or an ehn pee see. I jus wahnt mah homie bak.

Do a sis a solid.

-AConnorFangirl

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 11:23 PM
His mouth indeed looked like Connor's, but I don't think they would make another game with him as protagonist. That video didn't make Arnaldo distinct though, but if you think about, apart from AC4, none of the reveal trailers made the assassins look like anything in particular.

Maybe they are just dropping numbers, I guess. Or are saving them for when the upgrade is huge, like it was for AC3 with the new engine. I have always felt they numbered AC4 because of marketing, not because of anything else they came up with. It probably looked better if a new gen launch game was a full numbered release, so they made Black Flag AC4. Those things do make a difference when it comes to image and marketing.

I actually had a sudden realization:

It would be stupid to give number..because there are two games coming out this year..and both of them are full fledged AC games. If they come out at around the same time, how would they decide which one to call which number? It would be REALLY stupid for there to be AC5 and 6 in one year. And, if one of them has no number and the other one does, then uni risks having everyone think that the numberless title is not big or good, and thus they would lose sales.

If they gave the number 5 to BOTH titles, it would make it seem like they are both smaller games that combine to form a big experience..which would suck.

So, to fix this problem, they sacrificed number titles for this year for BOTH games.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Ubisoft.

Ubisoft.

Ubisoft Montreal.

Listen to me Ubisoft.

Corey.

Corey my dawg.

Gimme Connor.

It dun mattah if heeze a cammyo or a playuble char or an ehn pee see. I jus wahnt mah homie bak.

Do a sis a solid.

-AConnorFangirl

Lol well said. Just an FYI I recently sent most of the Ubisoft staff a long *** letter about something similar to this; hopefully they respond, and with some good news, or ambiguous news to keep me guessing :p

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 11:24 PM

It would be stupid to give number..because there are two games coming out this year..and both of them are full fledged AC games. If they come out at around the same time, how would they decide which one to call which number? It would be REALLY stupid for there to be AC5 and 6 in one year. And, if one of them has no number and the other one does, then uni risks having everyone think that the numberless title is not big or good, and thus they would lose sales.

If they gave the number 5 to BOTH titles, it would make it seem like they are both smaller games that combine to form a big experience..which would suck.

So, to fix this problem, they sacrificed number titles for this year for BOTH games.

Oh, that actually makes perfect sense :eek:

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 11:28 PM

Hmm, you got a point there

souNdwAve89
03-21-2014, 11:30 PM
I doubt it is Connor. I can imagine the AC community and casuals being extremely divided, lol. I think another possible reason for dropping the number is to start differentiating games. If someone wants to start playing AC, they might be overwhelmed with previous titles and a number in its title.

ze_topazio
03-21-2014, 11:32 PM
You people are sounding a bit on the desperate side.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Oh, that actually makes perfect sense :eek:

Thank you! Also to you Humble Assassin!

(Someone tell me how to quote two posts in one response?? Lol)

Assassin_M
03-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Yeah, this is getting silly...It's not Connor