PDA

View Full Version : AC5: Do's and Don'ts

Soulid_Snake
03-21-2014, 10:11 PM
First of all, like to say I'm happy with the next location of AC. Having said that, I would like to see the following qualities and features in the next game:

Do's

Good story, hopefully has some good mind f**k to it.
A likeable protagonist, with own unique qualities.
Advanced freerunning and combat mechanics: similar.
Better Mo-cap: I haven't played BF, but just by looking at some of the animations they look, "floaty".
More than one city to travel, whilst still remaining in France, there are a few I'm hoping for.
Visually beautiful cities, doesn't even have to push hardware capability, adopting a particular style would suffice, no darkness.
Verticality, a huge emphasis a tall buildings, landmarks.
A clean and simple interface.

Don'ts

No Naval!
No Hunting, land or sea!
No Bloating, with unnecessary side missions, like challenges.
No chase breakers, zip lines, hookblades.
No Multiplayer.
No tagging, marking, seeing through objects.
No cover system.

What are your thoughts?

SneakyDex_D500
03-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Why no cover system?

For Stealth to become a viable option and sophisticated enough we need a cover system.

Soulid_Snake
03-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Why no cover system?

For Stealth to become a viable option and sophisticated enough we need a cover system.

For me, it breaks the immersion. Personally, I don't even think there's a need for it, standing behind objects will naturally break the line of sight, a crouch feature for low objects would be good. It's a system honestly suited to shooters, and something Ubi implemented to keep it fresh. Honestly the way Ubi go about it, it feels like they are copying and pasting stuff from Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 10:32 PM
For me, it breaks the immersion. Personally, I don't even think there's a need for it, standing behind objects will naturally break the line of sight, a crouch feature for low objects would be good. It's a system honestly suited to shooters, and something Ubi implemented to keep it fresh. Honestly the way Ubi go about it, it feels like they are copying and pasting stuff from Splinter Cell Blacklist.

How does having a believable and fluid animation for standing against a wall BREAK immersion?? It also allows for cover assassinations..which was one of the GOOD things about AC3 lol.

SneakyDex_D500
03-21-2014, 10:32 PM

Regarding the poor broken Stealth system from AC3 that might not be that bad of an idea....

Anyway, I'm already happy if I get more sophisticated A.I., a manual crouch function and more Stealth tools and abilities. (and more Stealth support for all missions).

EDIT: Oh Wolf, you are back? Glad to see it.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Yeah after you were banned they must have realized that it is an issue that affects everyone lol. Widow has graciously informed me that they are working very hard to fix the kinks, especially this auto ban problem

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 10:34 PM
I want 4 player co-op multiplayer :(

GreySkellig
03-21-2014, 10:52 PM
I disagree with almost everything on the "don't" list. I love a lot of those features--and if you don't, most of them are totally optional. Regardless, asking for the removal of almost every new feature they've developed over the last 4 games is probably not going to be a popular position.

Also, "no darkness"? What???

mou119
03-21-2014, 10:55 PM
I would be happy with the cover system if it wasn't automatic. It would be better if it was 'hit "jump" on low profile to take cover', or at least having the option to change it from automatic to manual...

GunnerGalactico
03-21-2014, 10:58 PM
I disagree with almost everything on the "don't" list. I love a lot of those features--and if you don't, most of them are totally optional. Regardless, asking for the removal of almost every new feature they've developed over the last 4 games is probably not going to be a popular position.

Also, "no darkness"? What???

Agreed.. Don't really know what that guy is thinking :confused:

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 11:03 PM
We need moar darkness. And from the AC1 esque art style we see in the trailer..it seems we might be returning to that dark atmosphere!

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Disagree with a lot of this

First of all. The setting is meh. I'm sure I would have LOVED it had it not been coming off the heels of TWO other major 18th century-based settings and another smaller title set in the 18th century. In fact, I KNOW I would have loved it had we gotten a break from the 1700s first because it IS awesome; Robespierre, Reign of Terror, guillotines, etc.

That said, I could be swayed.

DO's

Emphasis on parkour and being less automated than AC3 or 4 but still retaining the more fluid nature of those games compared to the Ezio trilogy.
Impressive CITIES. There has to be more than one just like the older games. All need to be utilized very effectively: Paris, Marseille?, etc.
Radically random events

Chase down thieves and return the money to civilians
Protect civilians from groups of thugs
A mixture of the Dens of ACR and the warehouses of AC4; towers scattered throughout would be accompanied by a "captain" and you'd have to find and assassinate him and the light the signal at the top. This would lower Templar influence in the area for awhile however, like AC4's warehouses, they should regenerate over time, allowing you to always find towers to attack, captains to assassinate, etc. even after completing the main story and other things.
Never ending supply of Assassination Contracts: after completing 20-25 "story" contracts where each contract has a name and always occurs the same way and in the same area, you will be able to access pigeon coups and get "random" contracts that randomly generate a target and location that you can then head toward and complete. The area will now be a restricted area for the duration of the contract.
and more!

More in-depth cover system to add to your stealth abilities
Revamped social stealth

Blend with anyone just like AC3
"Disappear into the crowd and reverse blend" During a chase, finding a thick crowd is perfect. As you weave your way in and between the people, the guards will begin to shove people out of the way to find you. Once the guard is ALSO inside of the crowd, you can freely exit the crowd without being spotted by the guard since he can't see past the people in front of him. This would be reverse blending. Because you lured the guard into the crowd and then hopped out of the throng of people, he can't see you since he's now in the crowd himself. Once he reaches the opposite end of the group of people, he'll find you gone and run off in a random direction to look for you. After several seconds, things should revert to normal.
Public Opinion: Whereas Notoriety affects how guards react to your presence and actions, Public Opinion would be how, well the Public views you. Do they view you as a menace or as a hero and friend to the common man? This should play a role in numerous ways:

If civilians like you, they will rise up and form posses during a chase to stop and prevent the guards from capturing you. If they dislike you, they will form posses and try and tackle you.
If civilians like you, they'll allow you to blend with them during a chase (useful to reverse blend) OR, if they dislike you, they will actually disperse leaving you out in the open.
etc.

Ezio trilogy-esque puzzle rooms. Remember all those cool churches and stuff with parkour puzzles that led to a seal or something important? Those should return. I can imagine the Notre Dame being like one of the cathedrals in AC2 or ACB. This should lead to a cool Assassin outfit just like the Ezio games.
CUSTOMIZATION: The customization in AC games has always been lacking. AC2 introduced dyes but didn't let you unequip armor. ACB allowed you to separate robe and cape dyes but didn't let you unequip armor. ACR didn't have a cape so there were only robe dyes and you STILL couldn't remove armor without the use of glitches. AC3 had no armor and had even less dyes to choose from.. .cutting down from around 20 to only a handful of less than 10. It had a couple other outfits, a handful being DLC only, 2 being previous game outfits that were rushed and had little to no physics to them, etc. But still...when you compare it to the numerous options in GTA or Saints Row or most other open world games... it's not that great.

Dyes: They separate dyes into 3 sections -- Primary, Secondary, and Sash Color. There should be a slew of color options and every color option should be available for each section. So if you want an all red outfit, you can have that. If you want a red, white, and blue outfit, you can have that. If you want a black and red outfit, etc. It'd be even cooler if you could save color combinations so you don't always have to re-select your colors but can simply select a saved variant but it's not absolutely necessary. Note - depending on how many different "sections" there are, there could also be a Tertiary Color but you get the idea.

Primary Color: Traditionally, the primary color has been white. It appears that, like Revelations, the default Primary Color in ACU is Blueish.
Secondary Color: This has typically been either red or blue. For example, Ezio's Secondary was red while Connor's was blue.
Sash Color: This is the color of the sash. By default, every sash has been red but you can color it however you want.

Hoods: Select from different types of hoods such as Standard Hoods, Assassin/Beaked Open Hoods, Assassin/Beaked Closed Hoods, No Hood, etc.
Equip and unequip weapons at your villa/homestead hub area at any time. No longer will you HAVE to carry something around once you acquire it if you don't want.

Revamp Villa/Homestead and blend the two: Like the villa from AC2, you should have to manage and purchase upgrades to renovate the area. This will bring in more people. But like the Homestead from AC3, these people should have names and personalities aaaand side missions (replayable!). Once you've completed the side mission, it adds to the homestead/villa. You must then do subsequent side quests for those same people in order to add to what they already provide.
Other Side Missions: Take more pages out of Red Dead's guide to Open World and feature side missions in the same vein as Stranger missions from Red Dead Redemption. You begin a mission in one area and then later on, after certain main story missions or other prerequisites are met, you continue a second portion of a mission...then a third, a fourth. Eventually you'll finish the mission.
Cool story and cool modern day Assassin with actually fun modern day missions: infiltrate an Abstergo facility using stealth (both social and traditional stealth), hack into computers, take out any Abstergo guards in your way, etc.

DONT's

Naval: AC doesn't need it.
Keep same mechanics: if the combat, parkour, stealth, etc. remains virtually unchanged from AC3, AC4 -- that's awful. Let's see some new things.
Provide a large world to explore and fill it with barely anything to do.
etc,

Basically...the DONT's are just DON'T KEEP THINGS EXACTLY THE SAME. Seriously... some alterations to combat and SOCIAL STEALTH are in dire order.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 11:19 PM

First of all. The setting is meh. I'm sure I would have LOVED it had it not been coming off the heels of TWO other major 18th century-based settings and another smaller title set in the 18th century. In fact, I KNOW I would have loved it had we gotten a break from the 1700s first because it IS awesome; Robespierre, Reign of Terror, guillotines, etc.

DO's

Emphasis on parkour and being less automated than AC3 or 4 but still retaining the more fluid nature of those games compared to the Ezio trilogy.
Impressive CITIES. There has to be more than one just like the older games. All need to be utilized very effectively: Paris, Marseille?, etc.
Radically random events

A mixture of the Dens of ACR and the warehouses of AC4; towers scattered throughout would be accompanied by a "captain" and you'd have to find and assassinate him and the light the signal at the top. This would lower Templar influence in the area for awhile however, like AC4's warehouses, they should regenerate over time, allowing you to always find towers to attack, captains to assassinate, etc. even after completing the main story and other things.
Never ending supply of Assassination Contracts: after completing 20-25 "story" contracts where each contract has a name and always occurs the same way and in the same area, you will be able to access pigeon coups and get "random" contracts that randomly generate a target and location that you can then head toward and complete. The area will now be a restricted area for the duration of the contract.
and more!

Revamped social stealth

"Disappear into the crowd and reverse blend" During a chase, finding a thick crowd is perfect. As you weave your way in and between the people, the guards will begin to shove people out of the way to find you. Once the guard is ALSO inside of the crowd, you can freely exit the crowd without being spotted by the guard since he can't see past the people in front of him. This would be reverse blending. Because you lured the guard into the crowd and then hopped out of the throng of people, he can't see you since he's now in the crowd himself. Once he reaches the opposite end of the group of people, he'll find you gone and run off in a random direction to look for you. After several seconds, things should revert to normal.
Public Opinion: Whereas Notoriety affects how guards react to your presence and actions, Public Opinion would be how, well the Public views you. Do they view you as a menace or as a hero and friend to the common man? This should play a role in numerous ways:

If civilians like you, they will rise up and form posses during a chase to stop and prevent the guards from capturing you. If they dislike you, they will form posses and try and tackle you.
If civilians like you, they'll allow you to blend with them during a chase (useful to reverse blend) OR, if they dislike you, they will actually disperse leaving you out in the open.
etc.

Ezio trilogy-esque puzzle rooms. Remember all those cool churches and stuff with parkour puzzles that led to a seal or something important? Those should return. I can imagine the Notre Dame being like one of the cathedrals in AC2 or ACB. This should lead to a cool Assassin outfit just like the Ezio games.
CUSTOMIZATION: The customization in AC games has always been lacking. AC2 introduced dyes but didn't let you unequip armor. ACB allowed you to separate robe and cape dyes but didn't let you unequip armor. ACR didn't have a cape so there were only robe dyes and you STILL couldn't remove armor without the use of glitches. AC3 had no armor and had even less dyes to choose from.. .cutting down from around 20 to only a handful of less than 10. It had a couple other outfits, a handful being DLC only, 2 being previous game outfits that were rushed and had little to no physics to them, etc. But still...when you compare it to the numerous options in GTA or Saints Row or most other open world games... it's not that great.

Dyes: They separate dyes into 3 sections -- Primary, Secondary, and Sash Color. There should be a slew of color options and every color option should be available for each section. So if you want an all red outfit, you can have that. If you want a red, white, and blue outfit, you can have that. If you want a black and red outfit, etc. It'd be even cooler if you could save color combinations so you don't always have to re-select your colors but can simply select a saved variant but it's not absolutely necessary. Note - depending on how many different "sections" there are, there could also be a Tertiary Color but you get the idea.

Primary Color: Traditionally, the primary color has been white. It appears that, like Revelations, the default Primary Color in ACU is Blueish.
Secondary Color: This has typically been either red or blue. For example, Ezio's Secondary was red while Connor's was blue.
Sash Color: This is the color of the sash. By default, every sash has been red but you can color it however you want.

Hoods: Select from different types of hoods such as Standard Hoods, Assassin/Beaked Open Hoods, Assassin/Beaked Closed Hoods, No Hood, etc.
Equip and unequip weapons at your villa/homestead hub area at any time. No longer will you HAVE to carry something around once you acquire it if you don't want.

Revamp Villa/Homestead and blend the two: Like the villa from AC2, you should have to manage and purchase upgrades to renovate the area. This will bring in more people. But like the Homestead from AC3, these people should have names and personalities aaaand side missions (replayable!). Once you've completed the side mission, it adds to the homestead/villa. You must then do subsequent side quests for those same people in order to add to what they already provide.
Other Side Missions: Take more pages out of Red Dead's guide to Open World and feature side missions in the same vein as Stranger missions from Red Dead Redemption. You begin a mission in one area and then later on, after certain main story missions or other prerequisites are met, you continue a second portion of a mission...then a third, a fourth. Eventually you'll finish the mission.
Cool story and cool modern day Assassin with actually fun modern day missions: infiltrate an Abstergo facility using stealth (both social and traditional stealth), hack into computers, take out any Abstergo guards in your way, etc.

DONT's

Keep same mechanics: if the combat, parkour, stealth, etc. remains virtually unchanged from AC3, AC4 -- that's awful. Let's see some new things.
etc,

Basically...the DONT's are just DON'T KEEP THINGS EXACTLY THE SAME. Seriously... some alterations to combat and SOCIAL STEALTH are in dire order.

Agreed with everything and like your "reverse blend" idea.

But the "public opinion" thing would be dumb, because the point of an assassin is to blend in with the crowd..not stand out amongst the people. They should still remain indifferent to you. All we need to fix social stealth are more ideas like your reverse blending idea.

However...many of the problems may be fixed without mechanics alterations..and simply from next gen capabilities. It was said that the streets are MUCH more densely populated than any other game..so maybe we might see very large crowds such as the one in the trailer that we would be able slip into.

king-hailz
03-21-2014, 11:30 PM

DO's

Radically random events

and more!

Revamped social stealth

etc.

DONT's

etc,

Agree 100% especially the clothes customization... I don't know why they didn't do that from the beginning.

Jailwhale
03-21-2014, 11:48 PM
By good mind****
You mean like haythem turning out to be a templar?

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 12:00 AM
A cool plot twist could be the assassin Arnaud ends up being executed via guillatine. :D

souNdwAve89
03-22-2014, 12:20 AM
A cool plot twist could be the assassin Arnaud ends up being executed via guillatine. :D

Actually, I would welcome that idea, but I know some are against that idea of the main character dying. I think it would be very shocking and a "OMG did that really happened?!" moment if done and executed right. I mean, we got somewhat of a tease in AC3, but we know Connor can't die since he didn't have a child to carry on.

Legendz54
03-22-2014, 12:22 AM
No hunting??? That was one of my favourite activities, If they take out the QTE's and make it more immersive hunting will be awesome.

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 12:27 AM
Actually, I would welcome that idea, but I know some are against that idea of the main character dying. I think it would be very shocking and a "OMG did that really happened?!" moment if done and executed right. I mean, we got somewhat of a tease in AC3, but we know Connor can't die since he didn't have a child to carry on.

Solution:

>Arnaud gets girl pregnant
>Arnaud gets executed afterwards

DO IT UBISOFT

Wolfmeister1010
03-22-2014, 01:11 AM
Alright I will contribute.

Do's:
1. A TRUE Random Encounters system. None of these "save recruit" or "save pirate" systems. Dynamic encounters that make us interact with the CITIZENS. Listen..I believe that this is the first AC t come out that was started development AFTER Red Dead Redemption came out. Pray that they take a hint. Although I am not getting my hopes up for any of it, since they were promised in both revelations and AC3 and were..nonexistent. I WANT DUELS, kinda like RDR. Oh god there is NO bigger time and place in history where nobles and enemies did duels in the streets than 18th Century France. Oh GOD.

2. Upgraded Stealth. The means adding a ******* crouching system. I made a thread poll about it and 40 of you all agreed that there should be some kind of crouching mechanic, as opposed to like 2 or 3 no's. It is what the fans WANT. to be able to crouch when we want, behind little walls (that could bring on over cover assassinations like in ME3 which would be AWESOME). It doesn't mater if it is not "necessary". How would it be a BAD idea to give the player more control over what they do? We all saw what happens when they take away player control, in THIEF. They took away the ability to manually jump. Their parkour system rendered manual jumping "unnecessary" but it ALSO made it feel clunky and like we were not controlling the character. I am VERY passionate about this. DO IT UBISOFT. Oh and also upgraded social stealth. I already like the idea of more NPCs on the streets in this game. Would help.

3. Upgraded combat.

4. More more more interior locations. From the looks of it..we may be getting that!!

5. More customization. I want to customize robes, hood, bracers, weapons, colors, everything..in ADDITION to having tons and tons of alternate outfits that are actually GOOD that maybe I would consider wearing other than default outfit.

6. More side missions: More varied. Would love to see missions like those seen in AC3 demo, where you get meat for a citizen in a camp. MORE MORE MORE assassination contracts.

7. Better horse mechanics and also maybe horse carriages? I mean..why not? Opportunity to use the ship mechanics from AC4 in AC5 like Darby said!! Want some awesome Pirates of The Caribbean Style Carriage to Carriage fights and boarding!!! XD But in all seriousness also things like moving carts and carriages should return from AC3

8. More attention to physics and destruction. In AC4, the water, ground, bodies and flags do not react to bullets. So..that should be fixed!! Also, more destruction! More breakable objects! Breakable scaffolds and market stands should return!!

9. Upgraded parkour. Add little things like you need to press a button just as you land or else you don't roll and you take damage, just like Mirror's edge. Or maybe add a wall running move where if you jump at a certain angle against a wall you will run across it for short distances like..like mirror's edge!. Maybe add a shimmying move across narrow ledges like...like in..MIRROR'S EDGE.

10. Villa style hideout. Where economics work, you bring more people in..fix it up.

11. Bring back free aim and make the aiming cursor less..strange.
DONT's

1. No more streaks and double counters in combat. May be fun..but we need to sacrifice cul moovs and acrobats and the sense of being indestructible for GOOD. GAMEPLAY.

2. No more naval. Please, ubi, show us that you have a little self respect.

3. Do NOT lie to us about what will/will not be in the game. Not another AC3.

4.No more mission constraints. It is obvious Ubi, after 4 games with the system, does not know how to implement it. It is time for them to scratch it completely.

5. No recruit system or guid/fleet management system.

ze_topazio
03-22-2014, 01:45 AM
I want carriages and carriage races as side missions.

Matt.mc
03-22-2014, 03:48 AM

Copying from Blacklist would not be a bad thing. The climbing and free running in that game is so much easier than ac3/black flag. The cover system, AI, takedowns, corner takedowns etc are betting in blacklist.

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 03:49 AM
I want carriages and carriage races as side missions.

This

I wanna get a ride on my pimpin' carriage across town

And i want it to be customizable.

And I want a personal driver like Haytham got.

Matt.mc
03-22-2014, 03:54 AM
I want the new assassin to already be an assassin. I'm pretty bored of these "learning to be an assassin" stories. I want it to be like Altiar.

Wolfmeister1010
03-22-2014, 04:29 AM
I want the new assassin to already be an assassin. I'm pretty bored of these "learning to be an assassin" stories. I want it to be like Altiar.

eh? Brotherhood, revelations, and AC4, all the protagonists began the game with all the skills and such.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 04:43 AM
@BOB => I agree 99%. The only thing I don'T agree on is the "public opinion".

But Stealth, Crouch Button, Cover System (non automatic, maybe like in Tomb Raider (reboot)) , Dyes, Outfit customization, different hoods etc, etc. YES PLEASE-

No hunting??? That was one of my favourite activities, If they take out the QTE's and make it more immersive hunting will be awesome.

I wouldn't mind hunting, but IMO it just doesn't fit a game which is set in France. Yeah, there surely are woods with animals. But to be honest:

1.Central Europe does not have an animal diversity as big as America or the Caribbean Sea.
2. AC3 and AC4 had a lot of wilderness, jungle, forest and exotic locations. The hunting fitted in the frontier, and it fitted in the islands. But not in France IMO. Even back then it was to Urban already.

Just my opinion. Hunting doesn't have to be in EVERY GAME. Hell, that's what we play the different games for, right? Because different locations open up different possibilities and activities.
Otherwise (provided the hunting system would be improved) there would be no reason to play the old settings if they do not have 1 or 2 unique things.

@Wolfmeister1010

Do's:

1. Yes
2. THIS (like I said above, the cover system could be dynamic like in Tomb Raider. If you are in "crouch mode" the character ducks behind cover if close.)
3. Yep. Improved Combat.
4. Maybe not "more and more" But at least a bunch of them. Hopefully as big as the Opera House in AC3.
5. Yes
6. Agreed partially. Keyword is variety here. AC4 for example had lots of cool mission types that could be carried over. Also add some fitting to the historical events
7. Don't know how that would work in Paris. Probably rather good, though I think the city is also dense enough to allow for a lot of rooftop parkour without touching the ground. Yes to moving-objects-parkour.
8. Nah, not TOO MUCH of it. But a little bit here and there would definitely not hurt
9. Lol Mirrors edge. You know which game also had that wall running ? Prince of Persia :D Anyway, I agree on more sophisticated but still smooth parkour. Find a balance between immersion and interaction (multiple buttons for parkour) and functionality and comfort (not too many buttons).
10. This.
11. Don't know what you mean.... Free aim was in AC4, no? Yes, free aim should return.

Don'ts:

1. Yes to "no more streaks", not to "no more double counters" I liked those. Also liked those where you take the one guy and shoot the other with your pistol in a fluid animation.
2. Yeah it gets boring. In a future title (in 2 or 3 years) I don't mind it returning (in the right context of course), but for now leave it.
3. Agreed. Though I can not account for any lies, because I do not know IF they actually lied or if they just made it APPEAR better than it was. I wasn't really present here back then.
4. At least reduce them by a big extend. We need more freedom. In all the missions. And try to support both ways, Stelath and Combat. Freedom is Power.
5. I strongly disagree. Liked all the management systems and all the recruit systems. Recruits should not be as OP as in Brotherhood or Revelations, and less in numbers. Rather like in AC3, with their own personalities, and you can train them and have some missions from them, etc. I'd like the return of the Recruit Missions as well, like they were in Revelations, and the Mediterranean Recruit-Management-Game was also cool. Something like that.

eh? Brotherhood, revelations, and AC4, all the protagonists began the game with all the skills and such.

to be fair in AC4 Edward had to learn to be an Assassin. Not only in skill, but also in philosophy, actually very late in the game.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 04:53 AM
May as well change the title to AC7. This franchise is on a Skittles manufacturing schedule, AC6 is already in production and AC7 likely in planning stage. Nothing will change for AC5 except for bug fixing and polishing missing textures

Matt.mc
03-22-2014, 05:44 AM

Ezio still became an assassin in 2, i meant one like altiar as in you start off as one. AC4, no..you aren't a fully fledged assassin. you start off as a pirate and you somehow have all these exact skills an assassin needs, that was stupid.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 06:12 AM
Agreed with more than one city thing. I don't care how big is Paris, it still wont be big enough to contain 13-14 sequences into it without feeling ready to throw up. The days of single city "sequels" are behind us and I hope we never see them again. Agreed on verticality. AC IV was a little disappointing in that regard. Also a clean and simple interface is a must.

Agreed on bloating features. Rather work on the core pillars and improve them than introduce a bunch of shiny grimmicks. Disagree with no chase breakers ziplines etc. I loved them so bring em on. Also on tagging. It was a surprisingly good addition in AC IV and to see its true potential play the game with no HUD. Sure it looks a little gamey, but I'd rather have them tweak it than remove the only good improvement to eagle vision in ages. No multiplayer.. well its said often that removing it wouldn't improve SP for sure. What is only sure is those who like MP won't get their fill. So nope. And completely agreed on cover system. This isn't splinter cell. Don't make it one. Rather improve on the social aspect of stealth than go for LoS stealth.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Ezio still became an assassin in 2, i meant one like altiar as in you start off as one. AC4, no..you aren't a fully fledged assassin. you start off as a pirate and you somehow have all these exact skills an assassin needs, that was stupid.

Not stupid considering what he did for a living before that. Assassins dont employ some super secret set of skills you can only learn fro a mentor after years of practice. You can acquire them from other places. Or you can be naturally good with them. Its not like this hasn't happened in the series before or anything.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-22-2014, 07:29 AM
I didn;t think about the repercussions of having a public opinion thing and how it kind of breaks the social stealth idea. Valid point.

So trash that.

Everything else I definitely want though. Customization, reverse blending, and dynamic random events/endless supplies of contracts and the like being at the top of the list for me.

Boulder_Av
03-22-2014, 08:45 AM
I do not get the big deal about trigger based free run I actually like the control set up. What I do have an issue with is dumbed down climbing. Previous to AC 3 some buildings were sort of climbing puzzle. A puzzle that required you to think about your next hand hold. This was most evident in the Acre cathedral climb in AC1. I would add player controlled dynamic movements that require multiple actions to complete. For example to get to a far away hand hold the player would need to shift their weight and then jump in the right direction, then grab the hand hold. I would keep the same free running system as AC 3 and 4 but add in a more complicated system for climbing larger buildings. I would also add back in tombs like in AC2 had. Ubisoft really had a chance to make some cool tomb like levels in AC 3 and AC 4 but they neglected too and that disappointed many fans myself included.

Littleweasel
03-22-2014, 09:40 AM
First of all, like to say I'm happy with the next location of AC. Having said that, I would like to see the following qualities and features in the next game:

Do's

Good story, hopefully has some good mind f**k to it.
A likeable protagonist, with own unique qualities.
Advanced freerunning and combat mechanics: similar.
Better Mo-cap: I haven't played BF, but just by looking at some of the animations they look, "floaty".
More than one city to travel, whilst still remaining in France, there are a few I'm hoping for.
Visually beautiful cities, doesn't even have to push hardware capability, adopting a particular style would suffice, no darkness.
Verticality, a huge emphasis a tall buildings, landmarks.
A clean and simple interface.

Don'ts

No Naval!
No Hunting, land or sea!
No Bloating, with unnecessary side missions, like challenges.
No chase breakers, zip lines, hookblades.
No Multiplayer.
No tagging, marking, seeing through objects.
No cover system.

What are your thoughts?

the only don'ts i agree with is the no multiplayer since i personally do not like it, as for the rest of the stuff you do not want in the next AC would be foolish to get rid of since it make it a more realistic game with allot of it and i personally really liked the naval and hunting stuff.

TorQue1988
03-22-2014, 10:18 AM
the only don'ts i agree with is the no multiplayer since i personally do not like it, as for the rest of the stuff you do not want in the next AC would be foolish to get rid of since it make it a more realistic game with allot of it and i personally really liked the naval and hunting stuff.
I agree, i also want hunting. They could even improve upon it, and make realistic hunting like it was in that period, on horseback with hounds etc.

mou119
03-22-2014, 10:27 AM

I could do without the Far Cry 3 wallhack when using eagle vision. How does seeing enemies through walls make it more realistic? Because of this I never want to use eagle vision in ACIV...

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 10:38 AM
I could do without the Far Cry 3 wallhack when using eagle vision. How does seeing enemies through walls make it more realistic? Because of this I never want to use eagle vision in ACIV...

Because it enables you to play the game with all the hud turned off, including the minimap - which in turn makes the experience much more immerse.

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Give us something to do after the story, like Black Flag, but better.

electrodelic92
03-22-2014, 12:43 PM
I agree with the OP for the most part. I would also like them to be careful with tailing missions , the only "AC" thing almost in AC4 BF was tail missions all over the place.

90% of those missions were so boring and frustrating, makes someone wanna quit the game and never ever play it. I hope this will get to around same quality of AC 1 and 2 , nothing less than that.

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 12:45 PM
I agree with the OP for the most part. I would also like them to be careful with tailing missions , the only "AC" thing almost in AC4 BF was tail missions all over the place.

90% of those missions were so boring and frustrating, makes someone wanna quit the game and never ever play it. I hope this will get to around same quality of AC 1 and 2 , nothing less than that.

I know I am in the minority here, but I love the tailing missions. They do require you to be somewhat stealthy.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 01:13 PM
I love the tailing missions.

Same.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Because it enables you to play the game with all the hud turned off, including the minimap - which in turn makes the experience much more immerse.

Well to be honest, I never played with HUD in Splinter Cell, and I also never used the Mark (the tagging) option. It still went well. If you have a stealth system that is good enough, then you need no tagging.
Also that shiny red of the enemies is kind of immersion breaking for me. I'd like to have an option to disable tagging in the settings...

I know I am in the minority here, but I love the tailing missions. They do require you to be somewhat stealthy.

Me too but I think AC2 - R made them better than AC3 or 4.

Liked the eavesdrop missions in AC3 for example, because they were mostly stationary or only moving within a small area (but they were too punishing in AC3), didn't like the ones in AC4 because they were too mobile for such a small circle (should have been a little bit wider) and they were still too restrictive (but at least a little bit less restrictive than AC3's).

What I'd like to see is a mix of AC2, AC3 and AC4 in terms of eavesdrop missions.

I want the "hearing circle", but I want it to be wider, I also want that you are not desyncronized when you fail to listen to the conversation enough or if you are detected, but that it is rather like in AC1 where you just had to restart the mission (preferably at another point on the map to implicate the 2 people saw you and agreed to meet somewhere else later).

I'd also like SOME missions to be like the AC3 stationary eavesdrop missions.

Then there are the tailing missions. I'd like to have a more organic way of people being able to detect you. Like for example instead of stopping and turning around every 100 meters they could just turn their head slightly. If you are withing line of sight they will start seeing you and turn around. Or that they meet with another person and this person is coming towards your target and is therefore exactly in your LoS, which means he detects you if you are not hidden, or if the target has a body guard that is turning his head once in a while. Or that they walk through a restricted area with 1 or 2 guards. Obstacles and reaction that are more natural, more organic than just letting the person turn around every 100 feet like a totally paranoid person.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Not sure how comparable both games are, played the last SC game a long while ago and from what I remember, the environment that game takes place in, is very different than AC., i.e, indoor locations vs wide fields etc. I can see tagging not being necessary in that scenario.

Kiroku
03-22-2014, 03:44 PM
No darkness? Seriously?

I really hope they will bring back the feeling from AC1, AC2 and Brotherhood. These AC's were the best of the series by far.
In storyline, gameplay, atmosphere and by sound.

I loved the dark atmosphere and in my opinion this is essential for AC. If I play an Assassin i wanna go for sneak mode. Hiding and sneaking around, assassinate in darkness and killing people from the shadows.
Noone should see me and everyone should fear me (at least the guards and templars like in AC2 where u scared the **** outta them by hunting down one by one!)

Black Flag and AC3 were .. idk. "OK" but nothing comparing to AC2. In that games u went in like rambo. Killing 20on1 easily with a tomahawk or 2 swords or 4 pistols.
That was ridicolus.

My Do's:

• Good story!
• A likeable protagonist, with own unique qualities. (totally agree like Ezio's weakness for prettys!)
• Advanced freerunning and combat mechanics AND more finisher!
• Combat should be more smoothly.
• More than one city to travel or maybe a country like england too? at least a city of it.
• Visually beautiful cities with tons of roofs to assassinate from darkness and shadows.
• Verticality, a huge emphasis a tall buildings, landmarks. (totally agree)
• A clean and simple interface. (again I agree)

My Dont's:

• No Naval!
• No Hunting, land or sea!
• No Bloating, with unnecessary side missions, like challenges (but how about some side missions where u can learn more about your protagonist?!)
• No weapons like 4 pistols where u can easily go like 50on1 or ****. (make it more real please)
• No Multiplayer. (I dont care tbh. cuz I never played it actively cuz it makes no fun for me. Maybe there is more time for making singleplayer better?!)
• No tagging, marking, seeing through objects.(totally agree)

Sorry btw. My english isnt perfect at all. I just try my best :)

padaE
03-22-2014, 03:46 PM
I hope they create a stelth system. It's kind of ironic that the series never had a solid stealth mechanic, it's barely there to be honest. So I hope they implement something akin to the Arkham games.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Not sure how comparable both games are, played the last SC game a long while ago and from what I remember, the environment that game takes place in, is very different than AC., i.e, indoor locations vs wide fields etc. I can see tagging not being necessary in that scenario.

Splinter Cell often has very close interiors but sometimes also rather mid-sized open places. It depends on the mission. However, I think with a good enough system tagging (at least tagging through walls) is just not necessary.

I loved the dark atmosphere and in my opinion this is essential for AC. If I play an Assassin i wanna go for sneak mode. Hiding and sneaking around, assassinate in darkness and killing people from the shadows.
Noone should see me and everyone should fear me (at least the guards and templars like in AC2 where u scared the **** outta them by hunting down one by one!)

Agreed.

That's the feeling I missed in AC3. Stealth was totally broken. Couldn't feel like the badass night predator I was in the last games :D

Black Flag and AC3 were .. idk. "OK" but nothing comparing to AC2. In that games u went in like rambo. Killing 20on1 easily with a tomahawk or 2 swords or 4 pistols.
That was ridicolus.

Well, to be fair, aside from the naval part AC4 really gave you lots of options to sneak, and it had one of the best Stealth systems in the whole series. So, kudos AC4, I want that developed further. In terms of AC3, I found it to be awful in terms of Stealth, especially if you are like me who is used to playing Hitman, Splinter Cell, Thief, Deus Ex, Dishonored, etc.

I hope they create a stelth system. It's kind of ironic that the series never had a solid stealth mechanic, it's barely there to be honest.

This.

Seriously, with Ubisoft Toronto helping in development, they HAVE to take some stuff from Splinter Cell. I mean seriously, those guys know how to create a decent Stealth system, why don't take advantage of the fact that one of their other series already has a Stealth System and ask those developers for advise? They shouldn't COPY Splinter Cells system, but hey, since those devs have experience with Stealth - why not ask them for advise?

rob.davies2014
03-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Do include the March on Versailles. It was an amazing historical event: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Women%27s_March_on_Versailles

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 04:44 PM
That was ridicolus.

You can do that in AC2 as well, it just takes more time.

padaE
03-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Seriously, with Ubisoft Toronto helping in development, they HAVE to take some stuff from Splinter Cell. I mean seriously, those guys know how to create a decent Stealth system, why don't take advantage of the fact that one of their other series already has a Stealth System and ask those developers for advise? They shouldn't COPY Splinter Cells system, but hey, since those devs have experience with Stealth - why not ask them for advise?

I'd say Splinter Cell stealth was outstanding.

The core mechanics of the games are obviously very different, but there is much that can be learned from Blacklist. What I liked most about it it's how the game managed to allow you to tackle the scenarios the way you wanted. And that's a very big accomplishement. Giving gameplay freedom is more then just let you do what you want, you have to give the tools, the enviroments, enemy AI, additional and well developed mechanics, and Blacklist had it all.

And that's is the kind of freedom they could put in the Creed games. Choosing how you want to tackle a situation isn't just about picking your favorite, it's about actually understand the gameplay and realizing the pros and cons of given tactics

Kiroku
03-22-2014, 05:07 PM
You can do that in AC2 as well, it just takes more time.

Yeah I know. But that was not the main point for me finding it not as good as the other ac's.

To be honest I found it cool somehow. Taking down 20on1 and creating a bloodbath. But it wasnt much fun because the AI doesnt react to that.

Yes Black Flag was much better than AC3. Revelations and AC3 were the worst in my opinion.
And ofc there was a stealth system. But I prefer the big cities where your options and skills as an Assassin are almost limitless.

I mean they were 20 against ONE. And they didnt even try to run away or say something like "OMG SOMEONE KILL HIM NOW!" "Stop him!" or "He is like a shadow" "He will kill us all!"
So my point is I wanna FEAR my enemies. If I can easily go 20on1 as an Assassin and all of them have pistols why do they just go suicide 1 by 1 without saying a word?
I found that boring.

And after so many AC Games I wanna see some progress for the AI. And I can expect that after playing 6 AC Games with the same stupid suiciding AI right?

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 05:11 PM
hahah oh yeah I miss those running away enemies too lol. Personally I preferred chasing down and stabbing the ones that are running than the ones that are fighting. :cool:

I agree with you though, Black Flag was great and all but its about tie they focus on the cores. Thats why I' glad they are returning to a more traditional experience.

Kirokill
03-22-2014, 05:34 PM
hahah oh yeah I miss those running away enemies too lol. Personally I preferred chasing down and stabbing the ones that are running than the ones that are fighting. :cool:

It terrifies remembering that fat king in AC1 that poisoned the crowd. I spent 15 minutes following him, he was so fast!

Soulid_Snake
03-22-2014, 05:37 PM
No darkness? Seriously?

I really hope they will bring back the feeling from AC1, AC2 and Brotherhood. These AC's were the best of the series by far.
In storyline, gameplay, atmosphere and by sound.

That was ridicolus.

Sorry btw. My english isnt perfect at all. I just try my best :)

Welcome to the forums, Kiroku!

Oh the Darkness thing, by that I meant, I want the streets to look bright, clean and beautiful like they did in AC2, Brotherhood, basically I don't want the game to look depressing. It would be brilliant if they had shadows for stealth, in addition to hiding behind objects and social stealth, adds another dimension to the game.

I like how you think too, the "storyline, gameplay, atmosphere and sound" stuff, this is why AC2 was really special. If Ubi didn't annualise the franchise, all they would need to do is make little refinements, which would help the franchise evolve. Really nothing should have been changed from AC2. In terms of AC all that is need is the right time period, location(s), and biyearly releases.

Your English is Cool :)

Dome500
03-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I'd say Splinter Cell stealth was outstanding.

The core mechanics of the games are obviously very different, but there is much that can be learned from Blacklist. What I liked most about it it's how the game managed to allow you to tackle the scenarios the way you wanted. And that's a very big accomplishement. Giving gameplay freedom is more then just let you do what you want, you have to give the tools, the enviroments, enemy AI, additional and well developed mechanics, and Blacklist had it all.

And that's is the kind of freedom they could put in the Creed games. Choosing how you want to tackle a situation isn't just about picking your favorite, it's about actually understand the gameplay and realizing the pros and cons of given tactics

Agreed.

2 things AC can learn from Splinter Cell.

1. Freedom of playstyle. Play your way. The important thing being that you are given the tools and that the level design supports both Stealth and Combat. (though I do not like that in SC, but it fits AC)
2. Stealth mechanics and A.I.

Kirokill
03-22-2014, 05:52 PM
One thing for sure the game needs is to give the guards a human brain, and more realism.
A guard seeing his mate on the ground, say who did this, and then ignores him, no more awareness no nothing, unless there was a bell to ring.
A guard sees his mate on the ground, ignores all civilians, and questions you, AND only you. In AC1 this was better like the tutorial, do an unnatural move and get the action.
You push a guard, he gets mad, stares at you... I"LL MAKE YOU BLEED! This annoyed me too much. But since this talks about French rev, it is ok to use since there was those really bad rules and ranks.

Anyone agrees we should be treated like the civilians, or the civilians need to be something more than just background.

And also I like the hunting, something as a sport, and those challenges like AC3 society of hunting and UFO rumors were interesting and nice.

pirate1802
03-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Ehh depends. For example if I see a dead guy on floor and a heavily armoured guy slowly walking away with bows, crossbows, swords, pistols and whatnot all strapped on him, obviously I'd question him first rather than the other normally dressed civilians. For us to be treated like civilians, we must resemble them, atleast somewhat, first. But yeah, AI should be improved vastly, I agree.

Aphex_Tim
03-22-2014, 06:13 PM
There's only one "don't" that instantly comes to mind: automatically leaving a hiding spot if an enemy is investigating. If there's one thing that pisses me off in these games, it's me trying to sit on a bench and instantly standing up again over and over because some guard about 30 meters away might have seen me silently take down one of his buddies. I'd be perfectly fine with guards investigating hiding spots but the automatic leaving pisses me off to no extend. Feels like the game is just shamelessly taking control away from me.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Ehh depends. For example if I see a dead guy on floor and a heavily armoured guy slowly walking away with bows, crossbows, swords, pistols and whatnot all strapped on him, obviously I'd question him first rather than the other normally dressed civilians. For us to be treated like civilians, we must resemble them, atleast somewhat, first. But yeah, AI should be improved vastly, I agree.

Agreed. He should should however not attack you, but rather go to investigate who you are. You can then slowly walk away around a corner and kill/K.O him from there. Things like running away or starting to climb above buildings however should lead the enemy guard to attack you, since that is unusual behavior.

There's only one "don't" that instantly comes to mind: automatically leaving a hiding spot if an enemy is investigating.

YES. I hated that. Maybe they could sometimes make that the enemy is alarmed then, runs to some fellow guards and takes them with him. Then he goes to the hiding spot and starts searching in it. If you then pull him in the other enemies will realize it and shoot as the hiding spot (heavy damage).

It should be like this: Guard investigates => you jump into haystack, guard runs of to call some fellow guards, you run away the moment he turns his back on you.

If you actually hide on a bench or in a group of civilians that guard might either, like I said, call his friends, or go towards the hiding spot. Then you can take him out or think of another strategy. As for the "automatically jumping out of hiding spots when in combat/escape mode, well I partially agree. If the enemy sees me jumping into a haystack it's pretty unnecessary to hide there. Though they might enable a system like if only a single enemy sees you there he runs to you and you can jump out of the haystack and kill him.

But I do not see another way to make this different, at least not if you are in escape mode. If they just investigate then YES, absolutely, you should not automatically jump out there. And hiding in bushes should let them investigate, but you should be able to hide (I hated that in AC3 because as soon as an enemy investigates Connor stood up from the bushes and did not hide anymore. Plain stupid. Edward in AC4 did that better).

ze_topazio
03-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Having played MGS5 Ground Zeroes, the guards IA and stealth mechanics of Assassin's Creed looks so Super Nintendo level in comparison, every MGS keeps improving this aspects while AC keeps getting worse.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Having played MGS5 Ground Zeroes, the guards IA and stealth mechanics of Assassin's Creed looks so Super Nintendo level in comparison, every MGS keeps improving this aspects while AC keeps getting worse.

Ubisoft has their own Stealth franchise. They should just ask the Splinter Cell devs for advise.

Kiroku
03-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the forums, Kiroku!

Oh the Darkness thing, by that I meant, I want the streets to look bright, clean and beautiful like they did in AC2, Brotherhood, basically I don't want the game to look depressing. It would be brilliant if they had shadows for stealth, in addition to hiding behind objects and social stealth, adds another dimension to the game.

I like how you think too, the "storyline, gameplay, atmosphere and sound" stuff, this is why AC2 was really special. If Ubi didn't annualise the franchise, all they would need to do is make little refinements, which would help the franchise evolve. Really nothing should have been changed from AC2. In terms of AC all that is need is the right time period, location(s), and biyearly releases.

Your English is Cool :)

Thanks Mate!

I would like to know if there is a chance the producers of the game let the suggestions of the players influence the game.
Or if its just like "Well nvm. we dont give fcks just let them talk we do what we want"

Because I rly hope its not sense or hopeless that we are giving constructive feedback and tell them what we would love to see and what was a no-go.

RinoTheBouncer
03-22-2014, 10:09 PM
DO add a good modern day experience
DON’T make a reductive modern day experience like ACIV.

ze_topazio
03-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Ezio's AC2 outfit please, I'm tired of the Brotherhood one, which I never liked that much to begin with, and a suit too.