PDA

View Full Version : Assassinís Creed Unity Trailer ANALYSIS Video!

Assplorer_
03-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Here is the analysis video of ACU :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUuOlbsSnWI

Radman500
03-21-2014, 09:18 PM
it might be Connor...has Connor's face

overdidd
03-21-2014, 11:03 PM
That 'empty aristocratic french house' is Versailles... http://iammodernman.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/galerie-des-glaces-du-chateau-de-versailles-visoterra-27996.jpg
See how the walls and windows are the same?

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 11:10 PM
I notice a tree which may or may not be climbable... Also notice that Arno is a bit more beefed up..and that it is ****ING BEAUTIFUL!

Also noticed the hidden blade thing..But we don't see his right hand. Maybe maybe we finally return to one hidden blade. That would be awesome.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Failed to mention the assassin symbol is shaped like a guillatine

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 11:27 PM
^Yep..another thing the airplane leak guy got right.

souNdwAve89
03-22-2014, 12:30 AM
I notice a tree which may or may not be climbable... Also notice that Arno is a bit more beefed up..and that it is ****ING BEAUTIFUL!

Also noticed the hidden blade thing..But we don't see his right hand. Maybe maybe we finally return to one hidden blade. That would be awesome.

He looks more like Altair and Ezio's body type, in my eyes. I don't think they'll return to one hidden blade. Previous Assassins like Ezio and Connor had one vambrace/gauntlet that still had a hidden blade in it even if it doesn't look like it. If anything, they could do what they did in Brotherhood, which is start the player with one hidden blade and you have the option to upgrade.

Wolfmeister1010
03-22-2014, 12:31 AM
He looks more like Altair and Ezio's body type, in my eyes. I don't think they'll return to one hidden blade. Previous Assassins like Ezio and Connor had one vambrace/gauntlet that still had a hidden blade in it even if it doesn't look like it. If anything, they could do what they did in Brotherhood, which is start the player with one hidden blade and you have the option to upgrade.
Exactly. And I would not upgrade lol

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 06:26 AM
LOL my first thought when they mentioned him possibly holding a picture of someone in hand - dead wife/child plot. Lord save us...

Kirokill
03-22-2014, 08:07 AM

Not sure if I misunderstood you, but the hidden blade originally started on the left hand. And always been more important on the left hand.
Altair: Left hand
ACB: Started with left hand
ACR: Hidden blade left hand, hookblade right hand
AC3: They say the pivot feature was only on his right hand, I saw on both. EDIT: pivot feature is only on his left hand.

TorQue1988
03-22-2014, 10:48 AM

Why would anyone want to return to a single hidden blade? The dual hidden blades are awesome, and a great addition to gameplay...

Farlander1991
03-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Technically speaking the dual hidden blades are kinda useless now from a mechanical perspective.

Yes, in AC2 you could kill 2 people at ones with them.

But now you can do double kills with pretty much anything from any position AND movement speed (with a few exceptions which are relatively easily remedied). So having 2 hidden blades for dual kills is not necessarily important.

AC3: They say the pivot feature was only on his right hand, I saw on both.

It was actually only on the left hand (because the right hand would hold the main weapon while the left hand would be pivoted hidden blade). And the right hand doesn't have a pivot.

Aphex_Tim
03-22-2014, 11:08 AM
it might be Connor...has Connor's face

It's. Not. Connor.

Also: "The French flag confirms that the game is set in Paris."
Yeah, because the Notre Dame didn't make that blatantly obvious. :p

Kirokill
03-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Technically speaking the dual hidden blades are kinda useless now from a mechanical perspective.

Yes, in AC2 you could kill 2 people at ones with them.

But now you can do double kills with pretty much anything from any position AND movement speed (with a few exceptions which are relatively easily remedied). So having 2 hidden blades for dual kills is not necessarily important.

It was actually only on the left hand (because the right hand would hold the main weapon while the left hand would be pivoted hidden blade). And the right hand doesn't have a pivot.

I see, was very confused with it all the time, seeing the way he fights now i see that there is no pivot feature in his right hand.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 04:53 PM
It's. Not. Connor.

This.

People please stop saying it's Connor. It's annoying.

1. A new protagonist is already 90% confirmed
2. Darby himself said Connor in the French Revolution would not fit
3. For me, most Assassins look the same in those cinematic-like trailers. Seriously. Compare the new one to Connor, Ezio and Altair. You will see a LOT of similarities to all the characters

Btw. @The robes being not "traditional". I think that is because traditional Robes would seem out of place. With the Robes he has he might blend better. I remember such Robes (minus the hood of course) were pretty common in 18th century France, an the color blue was also worn pretty often. I think they do exactly the right thing by adjusting the Robes to the setting.

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 04:56 PM
This.

People please stop saying it's Connor. It's annoying.

1. A new protagonist is already 90% confirmed
2. Darby himself said Connor in the French Revolution would not fit
3. For me, most Assassins look the same in those cinematic-like trailers. Seriously. Compare the new one to Connor, Ezio and Altair. You will see a LOT of similarities to all the characters

this x infinity

Arno is Arno.

Connor could make a cameo or drop in some of the story but he's not Arno.

Dome500
03-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Connor could make a cameo or drop in some of the story but he's not Arno.

This.

I would actually like a Connor cameo. But Connor =/= Arnauld.

ACfan443
03-22-2014, 06:19 PM
IGN made an analysis video too

http://youtu.be/uIbzQ0O0bzk

mou119
03-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Why would anyone want to return to a single hidden blade? The dual hidden blades are awesome, and a great addition to gameplay...

I want to return to a single hidden blade and amputated ring finger. The double air assassinations look a bit strange imo, I would prefer the ability to air assassinate one guard and then quickly stab another guard standing next to me.

jayjay275
03-22-2014, 06:22 PM
So, ACU will run on a new engine I guess, right?

Dome500
03-22-2014, 06:37 PM
I want to return to a single hidden blade and amputated ring finger. The double air assassinations look a bit strange imo, I would prefer the ability to air assassinate one guard and then quickly stab another guard standing next to me.

Connor had a cool variety of hidden blade assassinations when on the ground. They could expand it to different techniques in the air.
Also, it would be cool to be able to switch between a single hidden blade and double hidden blade. OR if the character starts with a single blade and acquires a second one later and you are then able to equip and unequip the second hidden blade.

So, ACU will run on a new engine I guess, right?

Rather not.

I think it will be a modified AnvilNext (the next version of AnvilNext). Like they said, Anvil is capable of more, the hardware just didn't allow for it so far.