PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Windows install, Uplay doesn't recognise game files

Razon.
03-21-2014, 06:35 PM
I backed up all my game files (AC4 and Splinter Cell Blacklist), but Uplay just wants to download the whole games again, doesn't recognize the files. The game is not patched all the way, maybe that's the problem? I have an unpatched version on my laptop, if I patch it all the way can I somehow make it work on my fresh computer without having to redownload the whole thing??

YazX_
03-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Nope, UPlay reads registry keys to determine whether the game is installed or not, since you just copied and pasted the files after fresh OS install, then it wont recognize them. either open registry keys for those games which they are many or look up for the installer if any.

Razon.
03-21-2014, 08:51 PM
So the only thing I can do is redownload 29 gigabytes? Wow...there has to be a registry update or something, just nothing worked for me so far.

YazX_
03-21-2014, 08:59 PM
So the only thing I can do is redownload 29 gigabytes? Wow...there has to be a registry update or something, just nothing worked for me so far.

i will send you the registry keys,PM'd you.

EGY-MEEDO
04-24-2014, 04:42 PM
I have the same problem, all my UBI games r installed in separate HDD
so when i re-installed windows, i had to re-download everything
its a pain really...
beside, one of the downloaded games is splinter cell blacklist, which is after downloaded, won't start. at all.
should i uninstall & re-download it over again?? i mean this game is 19GB alone. + 2GB on 3 patches
there s no repair installation option there, so what should i do? & how to not re-download everything if i have to re-install new windows?

YazX_
04-25-2014, 08:49 AM
I have the same problem, all my UBI games r installed in separate HDD
so when i re-installed windows, i had to re-download everything
its a pain really...
beside, one of the downloaded games is splinter cell blacklist, which is after downloaded, won't start. at all.
should i uninstall & re-download it over again?? i mean this game is 19GB alone. + 2GB on 3 patches
there s no repair installation option there, so what should i do? & how to not re-download everything if i have to re-install new windows?

Splinter Cell Black List downloads as unpacked installer with setup.exe unlike AC4, so if you still got the downloaded content, just navigate there and install it.

Locopells
04-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Just done this myself, registry keys are indeed the way to go.

SaltyWagyu
04-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Could I have the registry keys as well please? I've reinstalled Windows and my Uplay doesn't detect my Splinter Cell Blacklist files I've restored.

Thanks

Locopells
04-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Sure, let me know the installation path, for any Uplay games you've got, and I'll run you up a set.

primey_
04-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Sure, let me know the installation path, for any Uplay games you've got, and I'll run you up a set.

Hi can you help me as well? The installation path for Trials Fusion for me is D:\Ubisoft\Trials Fusion. I installed it recently but I had to reinstall my OS, I backed up the folder though since it was a fairly large download on my connection

Locopells
04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
I can't do keys for Trials Fusion, as I don't have it myself (AC and SC are the ones I can do, if anyone's asking), but the below should help, if you downloaded it in the first place. Obviously modify the process for the TF folder, rather then the ACIV one.

Hello everybody. I found really easy way to backup AC4 - and I hope it will be working for you as well.

1. Make a backup folder and paste there whole Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag folder from game installation directory (default: C:/Program files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/games)

2. Install Uplay, open, log in - and start downloading AC4. When you'll have few MB, close Uplay.

3. Go to game installation directory - you'll see newly created Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag folder - remove it.

4. Now, the most important step - go to C:/Program files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/data/273 - you'll see folder "manifest" and file " uplay_install.state" - remove them both.

5. Copy Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag from your backup folder and paste it to game installation directory.

6. Open Uplay again - and you should see "Play" instead of "Download".

And that's it, nothing more. Hope it will help you guys.

Let me know if you need help.

primey_
04-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Doesn't work. Ah well. I guess I'll be downloading it all again

Locopells
04-29-2014, 03:51 PM
What went wrong?

primey_
04-29-2014, 04:14 PM
On step 6 the button doesn't change from download to play.

SaltyWagyu
04-29-2014, 04:17 PM

It's at F:\Program Files\Splinter Cell Blacklist

Locopells
04-29-2014, 04:45 PM
On step 6 the button doesn't change from download to play.

You sure you kept all folder names the same? And that on step four, you got the right folder (each UPlay game uses a different number, and its sometimes difficult to find out what)?

Locopells
04-29-2014, 04:56 PM
It's at F:\Program Files\Splinter Cell Blacklist

OK, download the linked file, then double click it to add it to the registry.

NOTE: Make sure there are no ® or ™ in the folder name, or this won't work.
Also, if the game is below version 1.03, delete the appropriate lines from the end (right click and 'Edit').
If you are running a 32 bit version of Windows, remove "Wow6432Node" from the entry (right click and 'Edit').

http://d01.megashares.com/index.php?d01=KqnW2Nr

SaltyWagyu
04-29-2014, 05:14 PM
OK, open notepad, copy and paste the below into it and save it as FILENAME.reg. Then double click it to add it to the registry.

NOTE: Make sure there are no ® or ™ in the folder name, or this won't work.
Also, if the game is below version 1.03, delete the appropriate lines from the end.
If you are running a 32 bit version of Windows, remove "Wow6432Node" from the entry.
If this doesn't work, PM me an email address, and I'll send the file direct.

Entry as follows:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Sp linter Cell Blacklist]
"execPath"="F:\\Program Files\\Splinter Cell Blacklist\\src\\SYSTEM\\gu.exe"
"gameAudio"="int"
"gameLanguage"="int"
"installdir"="F:\\Program Files\\Splinter Cell Blacklist"
"userLanguage"="int"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Sp linter Cell Blacklist\GameUpdate]
"execPath"="F:\\Program Files\\Splinter Cell Blacklist\\Blacklist_Launcher.exe"
"info"="f8d75790312f4123af5c3c6ee32605a7"
"installdir"="Program
"language"="uk"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\To m Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\To m Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™\1.00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\To m Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™\1.00.1000]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\To m Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™\1.01]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\To m Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™\1.02]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\To m Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™\1.03]

Are you sure those are correct? I removed the spaces in T om and Sp linter, but still shows as Download in uplay. And "installdir"="Program seems to have been broken off, and didn't import into the registry.

Locopells
04-29-2014, 05:40 PM
OK, don't know what happened there, but no, that's not correct, plus the post keeps adding the spaces back in. Have amended my post to include link to download, that should work. Check my notes above the link.

Sorry!

SaltyWagyu
04-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Your reg file didn't work I'm afraid, I'm on 64-bit, and removed the 1.03 line as the Readme.txt stated 1.02 (only way I could figure out version of the game?)

Locopells
04-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Nuts. Must be some minor difference between our installations. How did you purchase it?

SaltyWagyu
04-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Purchased by activating a key from ebay and downloading through Uplay.

Well never mind, going to see if I can download it at work and copy the installation files and try install it at home. Not really ideal and may fail. Uplay isn't very friendly for slow broadband and/or caps and needs looking into rather urgently. Thanks for your help :)

Locopells
04-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Right, well try my post at the top of page 2 - that might work, if it's downloaded.

SaltyWagyu
04-29-2014, 09:05 PM
No that doesn't work either. I think uplay downloads the AC4 files directly whereas for SC:B it's installation files and data*.cab files that need to be installed first - so Step 3 never happens.

Locopells
04-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Bugger. Probably explains why the reg file didn't work either. Only hope would be your old registry then, but you reinstalled Windows on the same hard drive, right?

msnijboon
06-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi, i have the same problem.

Bought a new MOBO and a new HDD as well... My games are not recognized, but are on my existing HDD.

How do I fix it?

Games:

AC4 BF
AC II
Splintercell blacklist

YazX_
06-27-2014, 11:38 PM
Hi, i have the same problem.

Bought a new MOBO and a new HDD as well... My games are not recognized, but are on my existing HDD.

How do I fix it?

Games:

AC4 BF
AC II
Splintercell blacklist

Uplay depends on registry to detect installed games, so since you formatted your PC or installed windows on new HDD, the only way to force it to detect these games is to open registry keys manually, search for those keys on the forum or online and you will find what you are looking for.

naumaan
07-02-2014, 04:52 AM
when I bought ac2, the first thing i got was a message that make a copy of the files downloaded, in case it get removed, i did that and later after 3 or more window installs, all i need to do is use that copy to install the game, and its working for me till now

Instead of complaining, next time try to save a backup copy of the installation files after download.

TuffGamer
09-17-2014, 08:35 PM

Hi there,

I appreciate this is an old thread but i'm in the same boat as everyone here. I have upgraded to windows 8 on my C drive & Use my other HDD D drive to store all my games and programs.

I've loaded up Uplay & cannot play Assassins Creed IV Black Flag as I just have the download button. All the files are in tact still. Is it possible you could help me out? I'd rather not download 30gb worth at 250 kb/s!!!

D:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

THANKS!

Locopells
09-18-2014, 12:17 AM
Try this:

http://d01.megashares.com/index.php?d01=5WUU162

They haven't always worked for everyone though, so let me know.

TuffGamer
09-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Try this:

http://d01.megashares.com/index.php?d01=5WUU162

They haven't always worked for everyone though, so let me know.

It didn't work unfortunately :(

Any other tips? :P

Thanks anyway

Locopells
09-19-2014, 12:39 AM
OK, try this method:

How to easily do this, tested and confirmed multiple times:
1. Create a new folder on desktop and paste game files in there
2. Download and install uplay.
3. Open uplay and log in.
4. Start downloading the game and press ok to close download progression screen. Do not close uplay.
5. Now reopen the download progression again ("Download" button in top right hand corner of uplay)
6. Now you have an option to cancel or pause the download. once you have about 5mb pause it and close it again. Do not close uplay.
7. If you left uplay download folder on default your 5mb of installation files should be in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\uplay_download\273
8. Cut the game files within the created folder on your desktop and paste them in the folder stated in step 7. choosing copy and replace. Note: use cut and paste as this takes a few seconds compared to lengthy copy and paste.
9. Now select all those game files again and cut them again. Go up a few folders to where the game is supposed to sit C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and paste them in there. Note: Uplay should have been open all this time.
10. Now switch to uplay and press download again, and as soon as you do a prompt will come out. press ok.
11. Your game is installed and ready to be played. You might have to reopen uplay again.

Credits to my friend Charlie Brown who taught me how to do this.

naumaan
09-19-2014, 01:11 AM
and i thought this problem would have been solved a long time ago ..

Locopells
09-19-2014, 03:45 PM
It would help if they could extend the verifying files feature to include registry entries.

TuffGamer
09-19-2014, 04:51 PM
OK, try this method:

Unfortunately, that didnt work either
It seems ill have to just re dl it! :(

Locopells
09-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Bugger. Sorry about that.

mrsquishy1155
11-16-2014, 03:43 PM
I have just bought assassins creed unity and the game crashed the first time I opened it then it fully ****ed up my Uplay had to delete it and reinstall it witch deleted assassins creed so I installed it of the disc again and now it says I have to download it and the game is 41gb and there is no way in hell Im going to download that when its already on my pc how do I fix this. had game since it came out played it for 15 minutes really fun and want to get back into it need help to fix.

FERC95
11-18-2014, 01:03 AM
I'm having this problem with Assassin's Creed Unity and I was wondering could someone give me the reg keys for it please, it would be a great help. Downloading 42GB again would kill me and I really want to play this game.

Ubisoft should really revise Uplay into something better like Steam, cause this is bull****.

FERC95
11-18-2014, 01:50 AM
I have just bought assassins creed unity and the game crashed the first time I opened it then it fully ****ed up my Uplay had to delete it and reinstall it witch deleted assassins creed so I installed it of the disc again and now it says I have to download it and the game is 41gb and there is no way in hell Im going to download that when its already on my pc how do I fix this. had game since it came out played it for 15 minutes really fun and want to get back into it need help to fix.

Hey I had the same problem, do this:

0.MAKE SURE UPLAY IS CLOSED

1. Open Regedit.exe

2. Open Notepad.exe

3. In Notepad copy and paste this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Unity]
"Language"="English(US)"
"SKU"="WW"
"InstallDir"="F:/Games/Uplay Games/Assassin's Creed Unity"
"exePath"="F:\\Games\\Uplay Games\\Assassin's Creed Unity\\ACU.exe"

You'll need to change "InstallDir" and "exePath" to your folder locations. Make sure the "exePath" links to the ACU.exe

4. Save this as "Assassin's Creed Unity.reg" - It HAS to have ".reg" at the end

5. Open a new Notepad page and copy and paste the this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher]
"InstallDir"="F:\\Games\\Ubisoft Game Launcher\\"
"Version"="3415"
"Installer Language"="1033"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\720]
"Language"="en-US"
"InstallDir"="F:\\Games\\Uplay Games\\Assassin's Creed Unity\\"

You'll need to change "InstallDir" to your folder location

6. Save this as "Launcher.reg" - It HAS to have ".reg" at the end

7. Once they are both saved, run them both and check in Regedit.exe, that they have been placed in, hit "F5" if they don't pop up.

8. Open Uplay and it should say "Play" Instead of the annoying "Download" button.

9. Enjoy playing Unity and if not reply and I'll try to help

- FERC OUT

*UPDATE - Watch out there are no spaces in the words in the notepad file, for example if you look at the word "Assassin's" above.

KevzterYO
12-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Hey, i have just reinstalled my OS disk, my uplay/steam etc is on my game SSD.

Now i cant start or validate my farcry4. I have 8mb/0.8mb at home, and it will take 1 day to redownload the game.

Can you help me aswell?

ozziieee
12-02-2014, 08:15 PM
I can't do keys for Trials Fusion, as I don't have it myself (AC and SC are the ones I can do, if anyone's asking), but the below should help, if you downloaded it in the first place. Obviously modify the process for the TF folder, rather then the ACIV one.

This worked (a bit), i installed Uplay again and didn't have to download the game all over again. I switched from the D folder to the C (main folder).
Unfortunately game still doesn''t work but atleast i now know it's not because it wasn't installed on the main drive.

FERC95
12-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Hey, i have just reinstalled my OS disk, my uplay/steam etc is on my game SSD.

Now i cant start or validate my farcry4. I have 8mb/0.8mb at home, and it will take 1 day to redownload the game.

Can you help me aswell?

Hey radicalzz92,

For Steam games it simple just create a new steam library folder and link it to your new games folder, Steam auto-detects games and they should appear in your library

For the Uplay game:

0. MAKE SURE UPLAY IS CLOSED

1. Open Regedit.exe

2. Open Notepad.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\FarCry4]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\FarCry4\420]
"Language"="en-US"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\420]
"InstallDir"="Path"
"Language"="en-US"

You'll need to change "Path" to your folder location.

4. Save this as "Far Cry 4.reg" - It HAS to have ".reg" at the end

5. Once saved, run it and check in Regedit.exe, that it has been placed in, hit "F5" if they don't pop up.

8. Open Uplay and it should say "Play" Instead of the annoying "Download" button.

9. Enjoy playing Far Cry 4 and if not reply and I'll try to help

- FERC OUT

*UPDATE - Watch out there are no spaces in the words in the notepad file, for example if you look at the word "Launcher" above.

YazX_
12-02-2014, 09:25 PM
the registry keys trick alone doesnt work anymore or at least for new games, you need UPlay_Install.state file inside data\[Game ID] folder as well, however, if you cannot get this file, best way is take backup of the game, start downloading and once its been marked as playable (for supported games) click play, UPlay will install the game and create UPlay_install.state file, then quit the game and uplay, copy your backup files to the installation folder, open UPlay and verify files.

FERC95
12-02-2014, 09:37 PM
the registry keys trick alone doesnt work anymore or at least for new games, you need UPlay_Install.state file inside data\[Game ID] folder as well, however, if you cannot get this file, best way is take backup of the game, start downloading and once its been marked as playable (for supported games) click play, UPlay will install the game and create UPlay_install.state file, then quit the game and uplay, copy your backup files to the installation folder, open UPlay and verify files.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

del170919084429
12-02-2014, 10:27 PM
I backed up all my game files (AC4 and Splinter Cell Blacklist), but Uplay just wants to download the whole games again, doesn't recognize the files. The game is not patched all the way, maybe that's the problem? I have an unpatched version on my laptop, if I patch it all the way can I somehow make it work on my fresh computer without having to redownload the whole thing??

I have all my games and their perspective launchers on 1 drive and my os on another. what you must do is go to windows search type regedit. then go to hkey local machine/software/wow6432node. right click on ubisoft select export and save the data. when you reinstall windows, double click on the file you exported and it will add it to the registry, but one thing all the data you backed up must be in the same place, if it is not then it will not work. good luck.

AmirAR12
12-06-2014, 11:22 PM
May I have those registry keys as well to fix my issue? Only game is Watch_Dogs.

YazX_
12-06-2014, 11:38 PM
May I have those registry keys as well to fix my issue? Only game is Watch_Dogs.

PMed you, please note this is AC board not WatchDogs, so please keep posts/threads in their appropriate board.

AmirAR12
12-07-2014, 12:27 AM
PMed you, please note this is AC board not WatchDogs, so please keep posts/threads in their appropriate board.

My bad, thanks so much though I appreciate it! It worked.

crazyroosta1
12-30-2014, 02:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by etain44
Hello everybody. I found really easy way to backup AC4 - and I hope it will be working for you as well.

1. Make a backup folder and paste there whole Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag folder from game installation directory (default: C:/Program files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/games)

2. Install Uplay, open, log in - and start downloading AC4. When you'll have few MB, close Uplay.

3. Go to game installation directory - you'll see newly created Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag folder - remove it.

4. Now, the most important step - go to C:/Program files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/data/273 - you'll see folder "manifest" and file " uplay_install.state" - remove them both.

5. Copy Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag from your backup folder and paste it to game installation directory.

6. Open Uplay again - and you should see "Play" instead of "Download".

And that's it, nothing more. Hope it will help you guys.

This works for me if you don't do step 3 and just Copy and Replace the files when you move your backup Unity into the installation directory made by uplay when you start the download. makes sense because uplay won't recognize anything if you remove the folder it's downloading the install files to, so when you put your already installed unity into the installation directory (again, made by uplay), the download will see that you already have the files in the folder it is downloading the game into and the play button should replace the download button.

If you run into problems after the play button shows up, just verify you have all the files by going to the game's page in uplay launcher --> my games --> the game you tryna get to work, then clock the downwards arrow new to the play button and click verify files. Hope that works.

bigbenisdaman
01-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Steam, all you have to do is tell it to "install" and in a few seconds it's ready to play. Even Origin has this option.
I was just wanting to go to a friends house so I put the game on a thumb drive and grabbed my lan-box. Got over there and I wasn't the only one disappointed since everybody that didn't bring their main rig couldn't play.

Ubi, my hate for you grows but dang FC4 is fun! Like getting pounded in the rear but with a reach-around.....

Hot_Isaac
04-18-2015, 10:24 PM
I just installed windows 7 64bit. Uplay wont recognize my games too. Dont want to download 25gigs again. Plz help.

Hot_Isaac
04-19-2015, 12:39 AM
So after we cut and paste last time, am i suppose to delete that 273 folder? or keep it? and uplay_download folder?

plz help me, dont want to download 25 gigs.

OK, try this method:

Quote Originally Posted by merman2011 View Post
How to easily do this, tested and confirmed multiple times:
1. Create a new folder on desktop and paste game files in there
2. Download and install uplay.
3. Open uplay and log in.
4. Start downloading the game and press ok to close download progression screen. Do not close uplay.
5. Now reopen the download progression again ("Download" button in top right hand corner of uplay)
6. Now you have an option to cancel or pause the download. once you have about 5mb pause it and close it again. Do not close uplay.
7. If you left uplay download folder on default your 5mb of installation files should be in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\uplay_download\273
8. Cut the game files within the created folder on your desktop and paste them in the folder stated in step 7. choosing copy and replace. Note: use cut and paste as this takes a few seconds compared to lengthy copy and paste.
9. Now select all those game files again and cut them again. Go up a few folders to where the game is supposed to sit C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and paste them in there. Note: Uplay should have been open all this time.
10. Now switch to uplay and press download again, and as soon as you do a prompt will come out. press ok.
11. Your game is installed and ready to be played. You might have to reopen uplay again.

Credits to my friend Charlie Brown who taught me how to do this.

Tr4yt0r
05-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Nope, UPlay reads registry keys to determine whether the game is installed or not, since you just copied and pasted the files after fresh OS install, then it wont recognize them. either open registry keys for those games which they are many or look up for the installer if any.

Okay I decided not to use tricks to make uplay recognize my games, deleted the games and installed them from the DVDs, installed AC2 and in uplay I still get Download and not Play... What is wrong with uplay?

Franpa_999
09-16-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm in need of the registry keys for The Settlers 7 now that Ubisoft updated UPlay today to not allow the game to launch without being "installed". I could launch the game 2 days ago without issue, now UPlay was updated and insists on downloading the game instead of starting the pre-existing copy.

I refuse to re-download 5.5GB's of a game that was working before todays UPlay update.

strigoi1958
09-16-2015, 04:31 PM
If the game is on your hard drive, I think there is a way. I'm not 100% certain but I think you move your game folder (or rename it) I'm assuming it is in c:/program files (86)/Ubisoft/ubisoft game launcher/games...

Then start downloading it... after a minute or two, stop downloading the copy the contents of your moved folder into the new folder that the installation has made.
Then start downloading again and it should resume at 100% and say installed.

As far as I know that is the way, many of my games exceed 25GB :D and Unity is 50gb

Franpa_999
09-17-2015, 03:49 PM
That won't work. It downloads an installation package (Compressed CAB files), not pre-installed copies of the files. It wouldn't recognize the files I have.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
09-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Uplay is Bull crap, Farcry 4 updates are 15 GB and Unity is 20 GB, and uplay doesnt offer back up games, not does it support offline Update exe's like it used to during AC 3 days, now all they force is to update the damn game everytime you move the game or fresh install, just pirate the update, i'm not gonna bother with regedits, you SHOULDN"T expect people to mess with reg edits for a game that we bought, why the hell are you punishing us when pirates are providing offline updates in a EXE file where as uplay stopped doing that 2 years ago and now downloads files instead? WHY ?
i have supported ubisoft enough, fck this, i'm done. for the love of god, if unity and FC 4 asks me to download the whole 40 FCKING GB game all over again , i'm quitting anything ubisoft.
UNLESS
you provide updates as exe files, or offer backup game in UPLAY, coz uplay download and recognize files NEVER FCKING WORKS if you clean install of move your games to a HDD 7/10 times.

strigoi1958
09-18-2015, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure about your update sizes that seems a bit high.

Whenever I have had to move games... I use steam mover... it works on Origin and Uplay games and seems to forward the link to the new directory.... I don't know about the sizes of updates but I accept that as games are becoming more and more demanding (because we gamers expect it) then the size of games... and therefore the updates will increase.

One time I could buy a cd with 10 games on it... then it needed 3 cd's then a DVD ... now it needs 2 or 3 blu rays or 10 dvd's... in 2 years we went from RAGE around 20gb to BF4 60GB

AAA titles are getting so huge now because of how much is put into the games...

It's something we have to get used to because I think the first 100GB game is going to be made sooner than we think and then.... DLC and updates may well be 30 or 50GB.. if we want to play them we'll have to get used to more downloading.

Xangr8
09-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Okay, I had installed Windows 10 and it seems that Uplay just refused to detect my games. So with the new Uplay update do the registry keys still work? If no, then how else can I force Uplay to detect my games? Just for the record, the games I'm having problem with are: AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3 and ACL HD

Broken_Noah
09-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Great. Ran to the same problem as I reinstalled Windows 10 and now damn Uplay can't detect my already downloaded games. I'm not sure I would want to endure a 30+ gig download when the whole game is already sitting there on the ******* directory.

DutchMan_1990
09-23-2015, 03:50 AM
Uplay is Bull crap, Farcry 4 updates are 15 GB and Unity is 20 GB, and uplay doesnt offer back up games, not does it support offline Update exe's like it used to during AC 3 days, now all they force is to update the damn game everytime you move the game or fresh install, just pirate the update, i'm not gonna bother with regedits, you SHOULDN"T expect people to mess with reg edits for a game that we bought, why the hell are you punishing us when pirates are providing offline updates in a EXE file where as uplay stopped doing that 2 years ago and now downloads files instead? WHY ?
i have supported ubisoft enough, fck this, i'm done. for the love of god, if unity and FC 4 asks me to download the whole 40 FCKING GB game all over again , i'm quitting anything ubisoft.
UNLESS
you provide updates as exe files, or offer backup game in UPLAY, coz uplay download and recognize files NEVER FCKING WORKS if you clean install of move your games to a HDD 7/10 times.

Agreed, they should have provide offline installer for update files. it's a pain in the a**.

DutchMan_1990
09-23-2015, 03:54 AM
Okay, I had installed Windows 10 and it seems that Uplay just refused to detect my games. So with the new Uplay update do the registry keys still work? If no, then how else can I force Uplay to detect my games? Just for the record, the games I'm having problem with are: AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3 and ACL HD

I'm having the same issue. Are you on windows 10 with uplay 10.xx.xx? BTW Every game you have mentioned is not downloading as well as not detecting, but windows 7 on virtual machine is working like a charm. My guess ubis*it has messed up again.

DutchMan_1990
09-23-2015, 03:57 AM
Great. Ran to the same problem as I reinstalled Windows 10 and now damn Uplay can't detect my already downloaded games. I'm not sure I would want to endure a 30+ gig download when the whole game is already sitting there on the ******* directory.

They messed up again with windows 10 and new client. The best part is I've not heard from the support team yet.

Broken_Noah
09-23-2015, 06:58 AM
They messed up again with windows 10 and new client. The best part is I've not heard from the support team yet.

At times like these, I keep wondering why Uplay is even necessary.

strigoi1958
09-23-2015, 12:05 PM
This is a win 10 problem... as you pointed out win 7 works like a charm.
I'm assuming you are using the default directory.
Some people on other games have found it is a "permission" problem and have right clicked on uplay and selected run as administrator to download patches or locate a game.

If you have disks...
Install the game to the default directory
Open up Uplay (run as administrator)
Click on 'Games' at the top left of the window
Scroll to the bottom of your games list
Click on 'Activate Product'
Enter the CD key that came in the box with the discs
Follow the on-screen instructions
Click on Unity in the 'Games' section
Click 'Play' on the left side of the window
Click on 'Downloads' at the top right of the window
Wait for the game to download the patches
Play

(if you want to move to a bigger hard drive later... use Steam Mover... it works with steam, uplay and origin but keeps all the links to the original folders)

I hope these might help or even this... https://youtu.be/BeikyCtbtD0

DutchMan_1990
09-23-2015, 04:56 PM
At times like these, I keep wondering why Uplay is even necessary.

Sorry what do you mean by that?

DutchMan_1990
09-23-2015, 05:12 PM
This is a win 10 problem... as you pointed out win 7 works like a charm.
I'm assuming you are using the default directory.
Some people on other games have found it is a "permission" problem and have right clicked on uplay and selected run as administrator to download patches or locate a game.

If you have disks...
Install the game to the default directory
Open up Uplay (run as administrator)
Click on 'Games' at the top left of the window
Scroll to the bottom of your games list
Click on 'Activate Product'
Enter the CD key that came in the box with the discs
Click on Unity in the 'Games' section
Click 'Play' on the left side of the window
Click on 'Downloads' at the top right of the window
Wait for the game to download the patches
Play

(if you want to move to a bigger hard drive later... use Steam Mover... it works with steam, uplay and origin but keeps all the links to the original folders)

I hope these might help or even this... https://youtu.be/BeikyCtbtD0

Changing permission didn't work for me, although I have checked that the new uplay version 10.XX has both download and detection issue. Unlike old version of uplay it doesn't place that "install_state file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\273 but it generate the same in "uplay_download" folder under respective game directory. But it can be fixed by installing the previous uplay version, but the download issue can't fixed untill ubis**t release a new patch for this.

Here is the virtual machine download speed on windows 7, using my 2Mbps connection :p
http://i61.tinypic.com/34iqlgy.jpg

strigoi1958
09-23-2015, 05:36 PM
I thought on Ubi twitter I saw they had found and fixed the detection issue... I need to find that and see what they said, it may have been to install uplay again but I'm not certain so don't do that just in caseIt is bizarre that it doesn't affect me on win 10 but it does for you... I will look more to see what I can find. did you check the youtube clip https://youtu.be/BeikyCtbtD0

strigoi1958
09-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Have you tried the registry keys idea from post 42 in this thread ?

Hey radicalzz92,

For Steam games it simple just create a new steam library folder and link it to your new games folder, Steam auto-detects games and they should appear in your library

For the Uplay game:

0. MAKE SURE UPLAY IS CLOSED

1. Open Regedit.exe

2. Open Notepad.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\FarCry4]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\FarCry4\420]
"Language"="en-US"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\420]
"InstallDir"="Path"
"Language"="en-US"

You'll need to change "Path" to your folder location.

4. Save this as "Far Cry 4.reg" - It HAS to have ".reg" at the end

5. Once saved, run it and check in Regedit.exe, that it has been placed in, hit "F5" if they don't pop up.

9. Enjoy playing Far Cry 4 and if not reply and I'll try to help

- FERC OUT

*UPDATE - Watch out there are no spaces in the words in the notepad file, for example if you look at the word "Launcher" above.

ALTHOUGH I did just notice YazX_ wrote after that....

Franpa_999
09-23-2015, 11:49 PM
@strigoi1958 (Am aware you're not specifically talking to me, but I feel these deserve clarification anyways)

1) The 420 in both registry key locations is almost certainly specific to Farcry 4 installations, I don't know the number to use for Settlers 7.

2) the game name formatting used in the HKEY_Current_User registry key for The Settlers 7 is not known by me, it might be TheSettlers7, TheSettlersVII, include spaces or underscores etc.

3) The stuff YazX stated is for games that can be played before everything has finished downloading, I believe The Settlers 7 is not such a game, so this process can't be used to shorten the download time as the game will need to be fully downloaded before any installation or playing of the game can take place.

4) The Uplay program downloads an installation package for The Settlers 7 instead of a pre-installed copy. UPlay runs the installer silently to install the game to the specified location instead of copying everything to the destination and being immediately ready to play without installation

5) I can not find anywhere that allows me to Verify an installation.

In regards to game sizes and update patch sizes, the patch issue is pretty simple. AAA game publishers and their developer studios like to publish the game data in big multi-gigabyte archive files instead of storing all the files loose in the games installation folder. This means that if they want to change something, anything, even just a 100KB file contained in one of those huge archives, the end user will need to download an updated copy of the entire archive file and not just the 100KB change. Blizzard Entertainment has worked around the issue since at least Warcraft 2 Battle.NET Edition by using Virtual Hard Disk Drive Image's which allows them to change individual files without having the user redownload the entire large HDD Image file whenever a change is made.

When games stored their files loosely (Which a lot of indy games continue to do to this day), you can patch just the files that change instead of large archives consisting of multiple files, this also alows for differential patching methods to be used too. Up until around 2004 or 2005 storing game data loosely was a pretty common practice.

In addition to all of that, texture resolutions/quality have drastically increased in the last 5 years as has the quality of audio files used (Hooray for the death of 128Kbit MP3's in most games). This, specifically, is why the total size of various games are 30+GB in size these days. 5 years ago textures were primarily 512 or less in resolution, now we're seeing devs frequently use 1024, 2048 etc. resolution textures because modern video cards now have 4x to 8x (2GB, 4GB or 6GB Vs. 512MB or 768MB) the amount of RAM than they used to have, and devs finally stopped primarily targeting 2006 mainstream hardware.found in the PS3 and Xbox360.

With a few exceptions, gameplay content hasn't really increased much in the last 5 years, game data quality however has drastically improved and thus increased in size.

strigoi1958
09-24-2015, 03:26 AM
@FranPa_999

yes sorry I should have edited the lines for unity.. not farcry 4

I'm not familiar with settlers sorry... if YazX_ was around he'd be able to help.

I did read on twitter that game detection was fixed by updating uplay... but as far as I'm aware, uplay updates itself when we run it. :(

I just read on steam that someone playing settlers 7 having trouble wrote....

I went to the Control Panel, uninstalled everything from Ubisoft, went to their website here
http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/about#link
and installed that launcher. Then, after launching that, I was able to get the game to sucessfully play

not sure if this might help you or this from Ubi.. https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/9/2929/problems-starting-uplay-pc/kA030000000eSrvCAE

Xangr8
09-24-2015, 08:21 AM
I'm so confused lol

strigoi1958
09-24-2015, 04:42 PM
I'm so confused lol

I'm not surprised... there are multiple threads in this thread.

Franpa_999
10-10-2015, 05:50 AM
In regards to The Settlers 7,

I've now re-installed UPlay and also the game, the game was installed via disc and updated via a manually downloaded copy of the latest patch for the game after installing UPlay. Here are my observations after starting the game, reaching the main menu and then quitting:

1) There is no "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft" in the registry.
2) "UPlay_install.state" does not exist in the Uplay installation folder nor the games installation folder.
3) "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft" does exist and contains the following information (Which I've now backed up, hopefully this is all I need in the future):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Th e Settlers 7]
"Version"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Th e Settlers 7\GameUpdate]
"info"
"installdir"
"execPath"
"language"

TemperVoid
03-02-2016, 01:18 AM

Hey, could I get those registry keys as well?

Locopells
03-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Sure - gimme the installation path?