PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft dosen't want my money?

BadWolf23
03-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Apparently not. I tried to be supportive to the Wii U, me & a few friends. The delay of Rayman Legends hurt (Wii U exclusive to Multi-plat, even though the U version was the best playing, and the best selling). The delay of Watch_dogs. The lack of support with The Crew or The Division.
And now Assassins Creed.

I've always liked Ubisoft games, shame I won't be buying you guy's games no more. Not supporting a console is pathetic and a cop out move. Sure we did sell the least amount compared. But It's still good especially for the Wii U install base.

But looking back you guys slacked on the Gamepad, atleast utlize the touch. (Hopefully Watch_dogs uses it, as that game is MADE for the gamepad.) So it may seem pointless. all well, Good bye Ubisoft!

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Aww, that sucks :(

Ubi is not the only one dropping Wii U, it probably costs them more than it's worth. So it makes sense as a business decision as unfortunally the console is not working for most of companies right now, but is sucks for anyone who invested on it.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Most people who own a nintendo console also own an xbox or playstation console. It's a tradition. Surveys say most households that own consoles own 2 and 1 is usually a nintendo console. No point releasing a game on it if most people have the other more powerful consoles anyway if you get what I'm saying.

Nintendo consoles aren't like Sony/Microsoft consoles where you buy one or the other. Nintendo consoles focus on Nintendo's famous IPs and local multiplayer directed towards the family and close friends. PS/Xbox is more for the adult single player or online multiplayer experience, like a Mini PC.

I own a Ps4, Wii U, 3DS and (soon) PC. I've been a strict Nintendo gamer almost all my childhood. I just recently got my first sony system (ps4) last year and I can tell you both consoles offer completely different experiences.

You really shouldn't expect a next gen third party single player M rated game to be on a Nintendo console and for it to sell well. The audience isn't there. (I recently returned my 2 wii U AC games so I could buy them on steam) So they won't likely put it there. Especially if most people can play it on another system anyway.

Ubisoft isn't neglecting nintendo or anything. I can guarantee AC Comet will come to Wii U. We're lucky watch dogs is on it.

Will_Lucky
03-21-2014, 05:37 PM
The Wii U was 2% of Ubisofts Q3 2013 revenue, to be quite frank they're losing money by spending it on you.

Not to mention the technical drawbacks of Unity. Watch Dog is in the long grass probably cancelled, that should say it all.

DumbGamerTag94
03-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Nintendo is a family friendly Children centered company. When I was a kid I loved Nintendo the first console I ever used was a NES and my cousin's 64 and was devoted to the GameCube and Gameboy for a long time even tho the original Xbox or PS2 and the PSP were better machines. but when I reached my teens I realized that the vast majority of their games are geared toward little kids so I bought an Xbox 360 and never turned back. If more mature games are your thing then I would advise you to jump ship on Nintendo. Not to mention Nintendo's console's graphics are always far worse than their competitors.

BadWolf23
03-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Except I dont. (Ok we do have a 360 in the house, but meh). I hate the other systems, their controllers, their online systems, their ui's, pretty much everything. And I have been keeping a track of what games people buy for the Wii U, sure theirs the mario, but we're also third party buyers for the most part. Not to mention games that usually use gamepad, and not gimped are usually the best/most definitive version. Wii U sales are on the rise, and once it gains popularity Ubiosoft will probably feel sorry (ok probably not).
I do prefer Nintendo games as they are a higher seal of quality and usually 100x more fun. I do like the occasional Assassins Creed or NFS though.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Except I dont. (Ok we do have a 360 in the house, but meh). I hate the other systems, their controllers, their online systems, their ui's, pretty much everything. And I have been keeping a track of what games people buy for the Wii U, sure theirs the mario, but we're also third party buyers for the most part. Not to mention games that usually use gamepad, and not gimped are usually the best/most definitive version. Wii U sales are on the rise, and once it gains popularity Ubiosoft will probably feel sorry (ok probably not).
I do prefer Nintendo games as they are a higher seal of quality and usually 100x more fun. I do like the occasional Assassins Creed or NFS though.

Just buy a cheap PC then. Free online. Upgradable. Best performance. Backwards compatible. Other uses. Amazing sales (on steam).

No shame in having both a nintendo and PC/other console

LoyalACFan
03-21-2014, 06:00 PM
It just isn't worth it for third-party developers to release on Nintendo consoles anymore. Like others have said in this thread, it accounts for a tiny fraction of their total sales so they're actually probably going to lose money by paying for a Wii U port.

BadWolf23
03-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Just buy a cheap PC then. Free online. Upgradable. Best performance. Backwards compatible. Other uses. Amazing sales (on steam).

No shame in having both a nintendo and PC/other console

Meh, I don't like PC gaming, tried it (L4D2, TombRaider), didn't attach to it.

And it's people like you or try your hardest to keep the Nintendo = Kiddy image going.

D.I.D.
03-21-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm sorry to say that's the end of the general gaming market for you then. You're a Nintendo customer now.

I'm in a similar boat in that I dislike too many things about the other companies to invest in their systems, so I'm strictly on PC, but fortunately my platform is very well supported. What's happening to you is not Nintendo's fault, and it's the direct result of N's design and marketing decisions.

[edit] Duh. I meant to say "not Ubisoft's fault". It's very much Nintendo's fault.

BadWolf23
03-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Besides Ubisoft is killing the series on its own. Moving farther away from the storylines, keep realising them yearly which a lot of people are jumping off the AC ship and putting it down because of that. If Ubisoft should release on every 2-3 years, with some dlc inbetween. Don't support the Wii U? ok, but your running your company down either way.

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Besides Ubisoft is killing the series on its own. Moving farther away from the storylines, keep realising them yearly which a lot of people are jumping off the AC ship and putting it down because of that.

Many people do have Assassin's Creed fatigue yes, but a lot of people jumping off the Assassin's Creed ship? When the recent game sold 10 million, more than the games in the Ezio series? What??

Rugterwyper32
03-21-2014, 06:41 PM
The issue comes from a vicious cycle that comes from the rabid side of the Nintendo fanbase, Nintendo themselves, other developers and the public's perception of Nintendo. See, it goes kinda like this: Nintendo makes their first party games. The public has had the image for the last few gens that you should get Nintendo consoles only for Nintendo exclusives, so when it comes to ports some third parties realize trying to bring their big games to Nintendo consoles doesn't bring them profit and they don't put as much effort into the Nintendo console, which fuels the fire for Nintendo fans to push away third parties further and not support their few games when they bring them to Nintendo consoles, and on and on.
While specs might have to do with it somewhat, you really shouldn't forgot all the praise the WiiU got at first, but the Wii certainly did damage Nintendo in the long run. It has some absolutely fantastic games (Metroid Prime 3 stands out for me) but it wasn't without its issues for sure. And again, many of their issues with third parties come all the way from their start in the console market where they ruled with an iron fist and damaged their relationship with a lot of third parties. They'll need to find a good way to mend all that first. The WiiU is looking a lot like the N64 in terms of support, just not doing as well. And trust me on this one, even if they end up making their next console better in specs compared to the consoles that come after this gen, that'll be the least of their worries.

Bastiaen
03-21-2014, 10:27 PM
It's not Ubisoft that betrayed you. I used to love Nintendo, but I realized that they betrayed me. They stopped making hardware that could play what I wanted, and they stopped working closely with third party publishers to get their games. I blame nintendo, sad as it is. Hopefully they can turn around soon so that I don't feel like investing in a Nintendo platform is a mistake.

I'm not trying to troll, or say that the Wii U isn't right for you, but I do think that your blame is misplaced on Ubisoft.

ace3001
03-22-2014, 04:21 AM
Do you really expect AC Unity to work on Wii U? Blame Nintendo for making a weak console. At best, you might get Comet.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 04:45 AM
The issue comes from a vicious cycle that comes from the rabid side of the Nintendo fanbase, Nintendo themselves, other developers and the public's perception of Nintendo. See, it goes kinda like this: Nintendo makes their first party games. The public has had the image for the last few gens that you should get Nintendo consoles only for Nintendo exclusives, so when it comes to ports some third parties realize trying to bring their big games to Nintendo consoles doesn't bring them profit and they don't put as much effort into the Nintendo console, which fuels the fire for Nintendo fans to push away third parties further and not support their few games when they bring them to Nintendo consoles, and on and on.
While specs might have to do with it somewhat, you really shouldn't forgot all the praise the WiiU got at first, but the Wii certainly did damage Nintendo in the long run. It has some absolutely fantastic games (Metroid Prime 3 stands out for me) but it wasn't without its issues for sure. And again, many of their issues with third parties come all the way from their start in the console market where they ruled with an iron fist and damaged their relationship with a lot of third parties. They'll need to find a good way to mend all that first. The WiiU is looking a lot like the N64 in terms of support, just not doing as well. And trust me on this one, even if they end up making their next console better in specs compared to the consoles that come after this gen, that'll be the least of their worries.It's not just specs. Nintento has always been arrogant towards 3rd parties. Sony & Microsoft kiss 3rd parties butts while Nintento always had "we don't REALLY need you, we just let you publish on our succesful platform" attitude because of success of their 1st party lines. It's an undeniable success, but the cooler relations with 3rd parties go back decades for Nintendo, this didn't start with Wii or Wii U.